All Proliant Reviews

Craig

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Very Satisfied Proliant User

I have been extremely satisfied with Proliant since day one. If there is ever an issue [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gets us righted and if she can't she facilitates communicate with parties that can.

PROS

Proliant is easy very to use, especially if you have used any type of record management (QuickBooks, Salesforce, etc). The website is user friendly, reliable and fast.

CONS

My only concern is the services that the software provides that I DON'T know about. I learn something new weekly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Service Representative, teaches us something new all the time.

Sandy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Summary

PROS

The Proliant product is easy to use and features are very applicable. There are many features to create reports and follow up. Always updating their site to stay ahead of the curve.

CONS

Sometimes their updates move icons around and you have to locate them or call Proliant. Such as adding an employee is found under employee events, but to terminate an employee you have to go the actual employee. These changes on a regular basis can be a little frustrating.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Better options, better customer service, better all around product and cost.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

1. Been with them way too long 2. Lack of Customer Service 3. Every year pricing went up 4. When asked about adding something, always an additional cost 5. Sales people constantly contacted me when I was a client and didn't know I was a client 6. My account person always was changing and could never be contacted.

Austin

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Need more support

I like Proliant and I appreciate all of Daron's efforts to help us. We are a needy customer, and I acknowledge that.

PROS

The reporting tools in RPO are very powerful and work pretty well.

CONS

Attendance on Demand is completely over engineered for our needs. It's very frustrating trying to learn the system, is not intuitive, and is inflexible for what I want it to do. I really like having a dedicated account manager, but I often feel they are stretched too thin. Training on the system has been difficult. The training documents are not helpful at all because these are not configured for our particular setup, especially as it relates to Attendance on Demand. In the reporting tool, I've asked about a DOZEN different people in different departments to help me configure one specific report: A snapshot of the active employees on a given day in history; I want to be able to pull a simple report saying who was actively employed on October 22, 2019, for example... NOT who are the active employees TODAY with data from that time period. I've requested this from my account managers (4 different people), client relationships managers (2 different people), and trainers (3 different people). No one has been able to support me on this simple request.

Reason for choosing Proliant

I think we need a longer time together to truly fully learn the Proliant systems.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

ADP was inflexible and incompetent in providing basic services. CBIZ was too expensive for its basic services compared to the value provided.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A General Review in the Use of Proliant

I really like the product. The ease at which I can get my Payroll, Attendance and HR information.

PROS

I like the ease at which I can get Attendance Information. Like Accurals of Sick Time and Vacation Time.

CONS

I do not like the notification email that is sent to my supervisor to approve my time off.

Mary

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Proliant Review

I love the customer service and that I have one person to go to for payroll, one fore Benefits, and one for GL. They are all so quick to get back to me if I call or e-mail. I love their friendliness, knowledge, availability, and willingness to help.

PROS

The ACA and Benefits have been great! The payroll system/employee information part has got some getting used to. It's different and has a lot of tabs compared to other software programs I have used.

CONS

Reporting- I already commented on this in the previous page and have talked to Proliant employees about it. I have to admit I have not had any follow up on the improvements you are making.

Reason for choosing Proliant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a thoroughly knowledgeable salesman. I felt comfortable talking to him, loved his extensive knowledge of the industry. And he told me that Proliant was privately owned, which I do feel like Proliant can focus on the needs of the customers over the expectations of investors.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

I REALLY loved the reporting in Paycor. It was easy to build reports and tweak the formatting. Also payroll reports auto populated and I could go to that section of the system and pull them at any time. It was convenient. We switched because of the lack of customer service at Paycor. I got a different rep each time, the reps were not knowledgeable, would provide contradicting information. ACA was a lot of work.

Tracy

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

We love it

PROS

Reports are user friendly, pricing is always most important & Proliant beat so many others.

CONS

Sometimes communication is lacking on certain topics but otherwise they get back to you in a timely manner.

Pricing!

Reasons for switching to Proliant

We were growing as a company and needed better tools, reports & cost effectiveness

Waneta

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Pros & Cons

Our Rep is great to work with & improvements have been made with him also being our T&L Rep as well as our Proliant RPO Rep. A challenge has been the systems (RPO/Onboarding/BSwift/Reports/Time & Labor) all working together smoothly.

PROS

Tracking accruals in Time & Labor. Having one Rep to work with his helpful.

CONS

Time & Labor: Would like to see the Leave Requests under each company code (we have 9) instead of in one list (have asked our Rep). More importantly, would like for timeclocks to not allow any more changes when they are approved/locked - changes can still be made to previous pay period. Would also like to make adjustments to archived timecards for PBJ reporting purposes (only done by Admin) RPO - Report/analytics could use improvements in all areas - report system is not great! Implementation programmers were not consistent with implementation set up. When Upgrades are done in system, we generally have issues the next day..... things that were working no longer work as they should.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Cost & one reason was what the product had potential to do as well as having one Rep to deal with consistently & not different one every time we called in.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

Cost/System was full as we could not delete/archive history

Dina

Wine and Spirits, 2-10 employees

I have Taken Proliant with me through 3 job changes

I started using Proliant 6 years ago with a different company. I have since implemented Proliant in 2 other companies. The implementation has always been smooth. Proliant team is knowledgeable, professional and efficient. I can always find what reports I need in the report options, and if I can't, my support team is always willing to help build a custom report. Onboarding is a god send. Super easy for the administrators as well as the employees. Overall from start to finish, Proliant has everything we need. Payroll, Onboarding, HR functions, Document Storage.

PROS

I love how user friendly it is. If you don't know something about the system, you can pretty much use the help/training to figure it out. If not there is always personalized support. I also love how responsive the Proliant team is. If there is ever something I need, I hear back the same day and get a very quick turnaround time.

CONS

Additional State Specific HR laws. Also Industry Specific laws/regulations.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Pricing, Some of the systems are way to Broad for our small team.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

We are a growing team, and needed a much more efficient system that had more features.

Shirley

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Everything You Need in One Place

PROS

I like the ease of use and process flows i.e., benefits enrollments feed over to payroll.

CONS

Can't think of one at the moment, it has been a positive experience all around.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Integration and implementation process and training, plus teams to help get us set up and operating.

Cathie

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Proliant are Industry Leaders

I would highly recommend Proliant for all Payroll & HR services. They have proven to us to be the industry leader!

PROS

Proliant was the best decision for our organization in 2014 because they were by far the industry leader in understanding the Affordable Care Act. As a multi-company with mostly hourly employees we needed professionals that could guide us through the law and help us be and stay compliant. We were able to continue to be an E-verify employer with the Talent Acquisition & Hiring feature. Proliant's commitment to providing employers with tools to navigate the ever changing laws brought them to the top again during the Covid-19 Crisis and reporting for the PPP loans and tax credits. They provided weekly webinars to their clients and offered great customer support.

CONS

Although the software is user-friendly, I would like to have available training sessions with professionals.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

ADP was ill-equipped for the Affordable Care Act tracking and offering.

Brandy

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Terrain Inc.

Excellent service easy to use.

PROS

The customer service is all at its finest. Fast responses easy to use.

CONS

We really don't have any cons for Proliant.

I'm not sure.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

I'm not sure why the switch.

Pam

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Proliant Review

Overall I like Proliant a lot compared to the other payroll companies I have used in the past. I love the fact that I can always talk to the same person and if I have a question it gets answered right away and I don't have to call 10 times and talk to a different person each time and my problem never gets resolved like it was with my previous payroll companies, and if I leave a message my calls get returned in a timely manner.

PROS

The easiness of using it. Once you learn how it works it's easy to find what I need and to input payroll, as well as put in deductions for my employees.

CONS

The reports for work comp audit could be easier to find and use. I always have trouble making sure I'm not sending in the wrong dates for the audit from year to year. What makes it hard is the date of the checks versus the dates worked in that period, to make sure it lines up from year to year without overlapping. I don't want to pay work comp double because of sending the wrong dates.

Reason for choosing Proliant

I was looking for something better and thought I would give Proliant a try and have been with Proliant ever since. I really didn't look at other companies at the time.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

I'm not sure if I had Paychex before I switched to Proliant. I switched because I was looking for something better and then a guy joined my BNI group and I joined through him.

Nicole

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

HR Review

PROS

The ease of the online database, ESS, onboarding, payroll processing

CONS

Getting a new CSR and having them getting use the company flow

Niki

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Good value, good features

Proliant has been great for integrating with our benefit company, and has helped us with many other tasks that we were handling manually. Things like payroll go very smoothly for us, and most day-to-day things flow smoothly. I honestly had no idea before we had Proliant how much of my day would be spent using it!

PROS

With some training, this product is somewhat easy to use. Things aren't always in what we would consider the logical place, but once you get used to that, it's fairly easy to find your way around. We love the applicant tracking feature, and I appreciate the variety of reports I can get out of the ReadyPay system.

CONS

It can be confusing for employees, many of whom have to have one username and password for ReadyPay and a completely different username and password for NovaTime. I understand why that is, but it's frustrating for my employees. Setup was not nearly as easy as we were promised, and while much of that was due to the ancient system we were using previously, it was hard for our very small office to give it the time it required. There are still things that aren't quite to our specifications, and it's likely that they never will be.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Proliant was affordable and had the features we needed, and it communicated with our benefits company.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

Our payroll software was being sunsetted.

Jessica

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great People, Clunky Software

The people who work there are great and very helpful! The software itself is a little clunky. Other HRIS solutions are a little user friendly but I get that it is difficult to be all things to all people. I had hoped development would be a little more nimble and our client feedback would be a bit more valuable.

PROS

It's functional. We love the service and the people at Proliant.

CONS

It's not that user friendly. The modules don't meet all our needs. ie. PTO tracking, training, performance management, compensation

Reasons for switching to Proliant

they purchased SagePayroll and we shopped around. Proliant sold us with their client service and the promise of future development with our input.

Dana

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great service

PROS

My account manager is the best any one could have and that is I will not leave.

CONS

the way you read how much time off some one has left and how you put in for future and years and it does not calculate correctly for the future year.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Our salesman was really good and I felt like we were making the right choice.

Reasons for switching to Proliant

my account manager was horrible and messed us up so bad it screwed our bank account up.

Jann

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great beginning into HRIS software for a small nonprofit.

Implementation was well-guided and training was helpful. It's not the most intuitive software I have ever used, but it's not difficult

PROS

Excel time sheets are a thing of the past, and we enjoy a timekeeping system that integrates with payroll. The Proliant set up team worked with us to track both grants and activities, which makes payroll accounting much easier. W2s and pay stubs are available for employees to access in the same system where they enter time, and they are able to make changes to their benefits allocations in the system.

CONS

The help features are not that helpful. There is a library of topics, but it is nearly impossible to navigate. The multi-factor authentication also makes me a little nuts. Because my browser is set to limit cookies, I have to log in, get a code from my email, then answer three questions every time I log in. No other site I visit is as rigorous. I understand that there is a lot of sensitive data, but might appreciate an MFA app like Salesforce uses.

Reason for choosing Proliant

Good balance of features and price, could handle our complex grant accounting designations

Lori