Browse Ruddr Reviews

TL from Best Nest Atlanta

Best PSA software

Ruddr has saved me hours each week on generating invoices. I can also see where all my time is being spent, and the intuitive charts/graphs are extremely helpful in managing my project workload. The design is top notch and everything “just works” — the adoption as the primary tool for managing projects was seamless. Game changer from my old system of Excel files.

Pros

The UX and QuickBooks integration were a game changer for my small business, everything is intuitive and just works

Cons

Ruddr appears to be a rapidly growing platform, from their support emails they are continually adding more features but there are a few specific enhancements I’ve requested that are in the dev pipeline

Reasons for Choosing Ruddr

simplicity, data-driven charts, and invoicing integration

Reasons for Switching to Ruddr

Integration for tracking time and segmenting billable hours — great visibility into managing projects and seeing where my time was actually being spent. can’t imagine NOT using Ruddr now.

Response from Ruddr

Replied March 2021

Thanks for this review TL! We are adding features on a weekly basis. Customers like you are helping shape the product with their feedback.

Mike from Mr. White Creative

Awesome UX and Slack Integration

For my team, Ruddr was a big step up from the simple time trackers we have tried in the past. It is more of a professional services automation platform but it doesn't have the big price tag. I love that we only have to pay for our billable personnel. This allows our administrative folks to access the platform and all the data but they just can't record billable time to client projects.

Pros

Our agency has tried several different time/expense trackers over the years. Most had a clumsy user experience. Also, the basic time trackers don't provide all of the information I need to run the business. What I like about Ruddr is 1) the user experience is super clean and simple; 2) the Slack integration is better than any other PSA product I tested; 3) I don't have to pay for non-billable users; and 4) the reports and metrics are much better than what I was getting with basic time/expense trackers.

Cons

It could use some more integrations with modern SaaS products. I currently use the Slack and QuickBooks integrations and those work great. But, I'd like to integrate with a few more products that my team uses every day.

Reasons for Choosing Ruddr

The user experience, Slack integration, and pricing model were much more attractive with Ruddr.

Reasons for Switching to Ruddr

Harvest's Slack integration is fairly basic. Also, it is missing some key metrics and reports that I need to run our agency (like billable utilization rate). Harvest feels like it is meant for small firms but we are trying to grow!

Response from Ruddr

Replied December 2020

Thanks so much for this feedback. We have a list of integrations that we will be building out over the next several months. We appreciate your business!

MARY from USAF

Industry: Defense & Space

Good

Pros

I'm in love with this software..cuts my time

Cons

Nothing it's great software for the price

Daniel from NXT Level Technologies, LLC

Great product and service

It's been great. It's an easy tool with NO workarounds that we needed to utilize. With functionality that we needed that was not present in the base application, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great in understanding our need and getting what we needed.

Pros

It had over 95% of the functionality we were looking for without having to customize or use workarounds for employee time entry and for invoicing

Cons

There were a few items around the timesheet and invoicing functions that were critical to us. They were not there, but Ruddr has been very responsive to our needs

Reasons for Choosing Ruddr

Can't remember all the products we reviewed or investigated. Ruddr was the top product choice for us based on functionality

Reasons for Switching to Ruddr

Homebase was geared more toward food or general labor services that require clock in and clock out. We had so many work arounds which was fine for a small need, but as our business grew, Homebase just couldn't meet our needs. It was cheaper vs Ruddr but we had to make the change

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks Dan, we appreciate your business and these comments. We will continue to be responsive to your team's needs as we rapidly evolve the product over the months and years ahead.

Ryan from Craft

Great reporting, time tracking can be easier

Pros

Our account team needed better reporting on usage and efficiency of our creative teams, and Ruddr seems to tackle reporting and dashboards with more effectiveness than the competitors that we considered.

Cons

It really needs to be easier for our employees to track their time. After using Harvest for years, our team misses the toolbar feature they have for quick time tracking. We are waiting with baited breath for something similar from Ruddr.

Reasons for Switching to Ruddr

We preferred the reporting features that Ruddr offers to better manage the efficiency of the agency and each individual.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for this feedback Ryan! We have the MacOS native app on our road map and we'll also be developing iOS and Android apps as well. We will get these important features built just as soon as possible!

Mark from Distributed Logic

Industry: Information Services

Selected Ruddr after evaluating 4 other competitors

Customer service was ridiculously good. While onboarding, worked with me over the July 4th weekend. They paid attention and demonstrated that they are a new and hungry player in the Pro Serv ERP game. From my evaluation / assessment time I know that none of the competitors were going to pay attention to us like they did

Pros

The price to feature ratio is ridiculous for this product when compared to its competitors. The critical features for me were project expense and time tracking, burn rate management, monthly budgets, project budgets, roles budgets and task budgets.

Cons

Resource planning and new budget features are not there yet, but coming late July. Timing works for us. Wish they had project management ala SmartSheets or MS Project or integrations with those. Also wish the open API was published. These are coming later in the year.

Reasons for Choosing Ruddr

Price to value ratio and customer service

Response from Ruddr

Replied July 2021

Thanks for this detailed review! We will have resource planning and budget analysis released this month. Our public API will be coming a bit later.

Michelle from A1 Executive Assistant Solutions

Makes My Invoicing Breakdown Easy

Very good experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support is very informative and helpful.

Pros

I like how I can break down the client, then project, and then task and track my time. I also like the integration with Quickbooks Online for easy invoicing and payment receipt.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the software.

Reasons for Choosing Ruddr

I like the ease of use with Ruddr much more.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks Michelle! We appreciate your feedback. We take a lot of pride in giving our customers an unmatched level of customer support. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Jonathan from The ABM Agency

Ruddr Review (The ABM Agency)

Pros

Ease of use, relatively intuitive and great product support to help with ramp up/onboarding to the larger team.

Cons

There are some quality of life type features / functionality where Ruddr is lacking that I think could go a long way with stepping it up to the next level. Mostly around items that would be efficiency gains when filling out timesheets and creating similar products or tasks. Also notable, Ruddr seems to be greatly lacking when it comes to the ability to assign different approvers for particular employees' timesheets and/or assigning different approvers depending on the client and/or project. This seems like something that should be a "default" or natural feature when rolling a tool like this out. It should be expected that there will be more than one person that would need to be responsible for approving timesheets so having the ability to assign approver based on employee and project/task should absolutely be incorporated as soon as possible.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for this feedback Jonathan! We will work hard to satisfy these product gaps for you. We do currently have the ability to clone a project as well as a project task. In terms of approvals, we just added a client approval in addition to our internal approval. So, you can now send a time/expense approval to a client for approval before invoicing. In terms of multiple time approvers and approval workflow, that is on our road map. We will get that built into the product as quickly as we can!

Ji from The ABM Agency

Recording work time is fast and easy on Ruddr!

So far has been amazing! The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Ruddr even had a Zoom meeting with us to walk through all the features. The software itself has a very modern design, and very user-friendly, I guess their team must have done many user testing at the early phase of the development.

Pros

I like the way Ruddr allows me to record my work time by just input a couple of numbers. For example, if I worked for 4 hours and 30 mins, I just need to input 4.5. Ruddr is easy to use and fast, also very intuitive that it only took me 30 mins to grab the basic features that I need for my job.

Cons

Just some small things, I wish some of the text colors can be darker, so it will be easy to scan fast.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review Ji! We appreciate your feedback and continued support. In terms of some of the text color, we are regularly testing out small tweaks to colors and font sizes. We will improve the readability as we experiment with these options.

Ease of Use blows away competition

Simple, easy to use, does what we need. Most importantly I think end users will find it more pleasing to work with since they have to touch it at least weekly.

Pros

For products like this, ease of use is critical. This category of software is often a pain for users because it is critical (they have to use it) but the experience is often so bad they end up hating it. Seems like they had the opportunity with new tech to design the experience from the ground up "the way it should be". Reporting is also a huge plus.

Cons

Integration wasn't hard but we are sub 500 FTEs

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your feedback! We will continue to keep a simple User Experience as a guiding principle as we add features to Ruddr over the months and years ahead.

David from Ridare

An intuitive and nimble PSA

I needed a way to log and track time against projects and send an invoice to my client. Ruddr does this seamlessly.

Pros

With a modern and fresh interface, Ruddr has up-leveled what an expected UI/UX should be for PSA software. It has all the core features you'd expect for logging time entries and billing customers.

Cons

Not much to dislike. The software has just launched (at the time of this review) so I'm confident that additionally expected features will roll out over time to complete the solution (i.e. integrations, advanced reporting).

Response from Ruddr

Replied January 2021

Thanks David! Our road map for this year includes several additional reports and integrations. Once we get those into production, we'd love to get any additional feedback you might have on them.

Christy from NXT Level Technologies

Excellent Product and Customer Service

Our overall experience with Ruddr has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely helpful and very quick to respond back to any questions that we may have.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. The invoices are perfect for what we need for our clients.

Cons

There were a few changes that we questioned if they could be made. The Ruddr team jumped right one it and has made the software work for our company. They are quick with changes and listen to their clients on what would be nice to haves.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review Christy! The NXT Level Technologies team has provided helpful feedback that has led to several new features in Ruddr. We look forward to continuing to improve the product with you!

Fabulous software for very low price

This is the sole software I use to track my time/projects and invoice clients.

Pros

I really like that I can track hourly or fixed fee products. I like how easy it is to use. I can create clients, projects and budgets with just a few button clicks. There's even a timer if I want to just start and stop the clock to track my time.

Cons

Nothing so far! I wish they also had an accounting software, I'd use that too!

Response from Ruddr

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review! While Ruddr isn't an accounting package, it does have a great integration with QuickBooks Online. You can create invoices in Ruddr that automatically publish to QuickBooks. Also, any updates to the invoice (or payment) in QuickBooks will immediately be reflected in Ruddr.

Justin from Tensure Consulting

Must have for our business

Having the insight into our projects and business has been invaluable and the team at Ruddr is the definition of responsive!

Pros

This tool provides the insights into our business that ensures we are making the right business choices. Profitability, utilization, invoices, expenses, it does it all.

Cons

If you are new to the services business this tool might seem like overkill with the configuration options. Start simple and grow into the tool, you'll think yourself later.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks Justin, this is great feedback and we truly appreciate your business! We are excited to make Ruddr even better for your team over the months and years ahead.

Griffin from Craft

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Simple yet effective

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of switching through projects in the timing section of the software. The data feedback has been invaluable for our company and has helped us see where we are actually spending our time and resources.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve, especially with others whom I trained on the product. However, after several days everyone had the methods down.

Response from Ruddr

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review Griffin! We have some features on our product roadmap that should make Ruddr even easier to learn in the near future. We will keep working to make the product better and better for your team at Craft!

Mariah from Shadow-Soft

Ruddr is a Great and Easy Solution for Time Management and for Capturing Utilization

Overall a great experience and I hope to continue using Ruddr in the future.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of reviewing utilization and timesheets in one spot. It makes it easy for engineers who just need to get in and submit time and get out. I also appreciate the connection to Quickbooks so timesheets don't need to be sent back and forth via email. Its a one stop shop for us, which we greatly appreciate!

Cons

Only item I wish it had is an integration with google drive so we can upload files/documents to specific projects.

Reasons for Switching to Ruddr

We were using excel spreadsheets before (and still currently are as we make our decision) but its not the fastest or most effective way to get peoples time and capture their utilization

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks Mariah! We will be adding Google Drive integration (along with other cloud storage providers). We will let you know just as soon as that integration is live and ready!

Kristi from Tensure Consulting

Ruddr

Ruddr has been great and easy to use, love the ease of the platform and the support team has gone above and beyond.

Pros

Easy to use, love that it integrates with QuickBooks!

Cons

Getting set up had some troubleshooting but the support was always available and jumped on any issue quickly.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review Kristi! We love working with the team at Tensure and look forward to making Ruddr even better for you.

Jeremiah from Tensure

Amazing service review

Pros

Mainly time tracking since that is all I use on a day to say basis

Cons

For what I use and need no cons but could see a little more user friendly ux done

Response from Ruddr

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of Ruddr! We will continue to focus on UX and make improvements moving forward. We appreciate your support!

Lydia from The ABM Agency

Good experience, wish more people could approve hours

Pros

Easy to use, functions quite well. Easy to track hours

Cons

More people should be able to approve hours

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review and feedback Lydia. We have additional time/expense approvers and approval workflow on our roadmap. We will get those built into Ruddr just as soon as we can!

Katrina from ABM Agency

It's been good.

Pros

I like that you can copy the fields from the previous week. This features cuts down on the time it takes to record my time.

Cons

I'm not sure. I do feel like it has a lot of features in it that I do not use.

Response from Ruddr

Replied April 2021

Hi Katrina and thanks for your review! Any time you need customer support always feel free to use the in-app chat feature by clicking the "Need Help?" link at the bottom-left of the screen. Or, just email help@ruddr.io and someone from our support team will be in touch with you ASAP.

Constance from Tensure Consulting

So for so good

Pros

Easy to track time spent on different projects and tasks

Cons

Unfamiliar with how to add new tasks to a project

Response from Ruddr

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review! In order to add tasks to a project, your security role must have the "Edit Project" permission for the projects that you are able to access. Just ping your Workspace Admin to see if this security role adjustment can be made for you.