• Pros

• "I like that this software is very user friendly. "

• "Easy to use, good value and functional. Wheny you need support, they are very responsive."

• "it is easy to use and keeps me on top of my calls"

• Cons

• "Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine."

• "There can be a lot of lagging, though I will say in the last year or so this has improved a ton. "

• "The ability to search your database is very good, however searching through an individual job search that you had 8 months ago needs to be streamlined. "

Browse PCRecruiter Reviews

Terry from Executive Search, Ltd.

The Best APS System available

More placements. Ease of tracking of job orders, company, company contacts, and candidates. Robust features Ability to integrate my phone system, not only for activity tracking but also for ease of use.

Pros

We originally purchased PcRecruiter in 1999. Our integration was seamless, and set up was easy. Over the years the changes, facelifts, and upgrades have all been targetted at making the manager and the recruiter's work so much easier, with consistent record tracking. The integrations with partnering software platforms have been and continue to be phenomenal, again, all to make our job less complex. The system is extremely user friendly and not only easy to use, but also to learn. Customer Support and Training is above the bar of excellence.

Cons

There's always room for improvement to any software, but at this time, I am very happy with the product and no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

It was the most compatible for and the best value with the absolute best customer support.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your review of PCRecruiter and your continued use of the system! We appreciate your business.

Vince from SearchPath

PCR over the years

The biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.

Pros

The fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.

Cons

It's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

PCR follows our business model better, better support, price point

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.

Meredith from Driven Staffing, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Overall a good product for a small business.

Overall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business. I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.

Pros

A good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.

Cons

-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the * (wildcard) in PCR like you can in a true Boolean search). -Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. -You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile. -You cannot save the parameters you use most often when running reports on your open positions. (They call "Job Orders" positions in their system). You have to re-enter everything from scratch every time.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

In this case price was a big factor - the ability to have a single user license.

Dawn from AP Professionals

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

PC Recruiter is a good value

It is not the cheapest but it is not the most expensive. I feel that it is a good value.

Pros

I do like the ability to send applications, write notes, attach references, resumes and store contact info all in one place.

Cons

To create a job order after a candidate is placed is a long tedious process. There are so many steps.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your review of PCRecruiter! There may be shorter routes to creating a job order via templates and other features. Check in with our support team for possible ways to optimize your process!

Amanda from Julison Sell Search Team

Made by engineers for engineers

I just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros

Fully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.

Cons

It is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

Discounts through MRI and recommendations.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.

Bonnie from Excelsior Executive Search

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Recruitment Platform

I really like this platform. They gave me good training (recorded so I can review it at any time), and are there for support in a timely fashion.

Pros

I love the PCR Capture for LinkedIn. I can easily capture the information my contacts put on LI including their picture. Even though you can download the contact information directly from LI, most of the time the email address and phone numbers won't transfer so this way I know I have the information in my PC Recruiter database.

Cons

I have trouble customizing pages and sometimes it's hard for me to have a candidate change companies within the software.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

I just liked the PC Capture tool and I liked the demo and the look of the platform and software better.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2020

Thanks so much for your review of PCRecruiter! Regarding customizing pages, our training team would be glad to assist with that at any time. Changing companies can be achieved from the action menu at the upper right corner of the name record - just select that option and pick the company to re-link the name to. If you need help with anything just email support@mainsequence.net and they can give you the specifics.

Scott from Cerca Talent

Amazing Support with a Strong and Reliable Product

Fantastic products and amazing support

Pros

PCRecruiter offers tremendous flexibility for those that want more from their ATS.

Cons

Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

Best bang for your buck. Excellent support. Can be customized if you need it to make your process easier.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review, Scott! We're happy to have you as a client. We're always open to thoughts on improving the mass email capabilities. Visit the features & suggestions forum on the helpdesk and let us know what could be improved.

Tiffany from Dagen Personnel

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Already saving time and money!

The training team has been excellent. They follow up and they also made sure we had accessibility during the time we needed them. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is professional and thorough.

Pros

I like the way this software integrates with e-mail and it is easy to toggle back and forth. Very user friendly.

Cons

So far the only thing I wish was different was how we add attachments.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

PCR had more capability. I wanted more functions than what Big Biller could provide.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied March 2020

Thanks so much for your kind words, Tiffany! If you haven't yet, please post your suggestions about attachments on our ideas forum in the helpdesk. We look forward to helping you save more time and money!

Joni from TDM & Associates

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

PCR Has Made Our Job Easier!

Choosing to use PCR as our ATS has helped to improve the time it takes to send emails, gather resumes, and information, etc. It has been a game changer for us.

Pros

We are able to perform all of our tasks from PCR. The functionality is amazing!

Cons

There are almost too many layers to the software. It all becomes a bit daunting if you don't break it down into small learning segments. Also, the training needs to include more of a chance to use the product as you learn.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

We chose PCR because it is recommended by NPAworldwide.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied May 2020

Thank you for taking time to review PCR, Joni! We are working on brand new training materials that we think you'll find very helpful. Keep your eye out in the coming months!

Functional software

This is a great database to keep track of our candidates. Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

Software is easy to use after initial installation, which I had trouble with since I was installing it on another computer.

Cons

I feel the search functions not exact enough at times. It would be great when you run a search and you receive 100% or 50% matches, that you could limit to 100% matches without having to put a check by each name, as sometimes there are hundreds. Perhaps I just do not know how to do it correctly.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied April 2020

Thank you for sharing your review! You can always check in with our training team about ways in which to make your searches more efficient... they may have good ideas for you about pre-tagging or listing records to make them easier to find.

Jan from ACTION Recruiting

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner

Experiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.

Pros

I have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system. The system has never let me down. The system itself never goes down either. The updates are done late at night. With PCR, I can keep track of all my e-mail communications. I use the PCR mail integrated right there in the system. Emails are automatically linked/attached to each candidate. It's an easy program to learn and there are countless ways to access the information you need. I find PCR to be an intuitive system. When a new version was launched a few years ago, I felt like my suggestions were heard as they were fine-tuning the new edition. I am a successful recruiter because I am efficient on PCRecruiter. When a client needed proof that I submitted a candidate before they hired him, I was able to pull together all the dates, emails and history needed to get paid for the placement. It's a great all-around system and I can't imagine working without it. Mac for life. PCRecruiter for life.

Cons

The scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how different positions look on the system. Just like you can upload a company logo or a candidate's headshot...it would be nice to be able to color code positions with a wrench for a technician role for example, or a dollar sign for a controller job. I am a visual person and would like to make the live roles look different than the jobs that are filled, closed or on hold. Some of the functionality is over my head. But I know that training is available for every feature of the system. All I would have to do is schedule it with representative. She's great. When I used PCRecruiter in my past working for another company, I didn't like how other recruiters could go in and "steal" an active candidate who I was working with, without my permission. I think this issue was due to the fact that 6+ recruiters were competing for the same talent in this shared database and some recruiters lacked integrity and manners. There was also no enforcement of a fair and equitable system to share the database.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

I did not choose it in 2012. It was the system the firm was using. When I founded my own company in 2016, the franchise group was already using PCRecruiter and that made for a seamless transition for me.

Don from United Labor Agency

An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool

Our agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting tools but also an electronic file management system to track data on the job seekers and their activity. PCRecruiter provided all of that and then some with a little help from the MainSequence software development team. Since our use extended beyond the basic focus of the system it took a fair amount of customizing profiles, activities, reports, and related to get it right to where we needed the software to be. Fortunately PCR allows for this. You can customize a large portion of the software to meet your individual needs. The support techs were very helpful in creating our first evolution and we have continued to refine our database since that time. I think I've only stumped the techs once or twice but they eventually uncovered the solution to my issue/question. Once we pioneered the system for our workforce needs, several other partner agencies and employers also picked up on this great tool and began using it when they saw how effective it was with data management. The speed at which we can pull demographic data and get a snapshot of current recruiting patterns is great. Yes, the costs associated can be tough depending on your number of users but this is true for any of the top recruiting/electronic file management systems. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially some of the Admin functions, but once you have the basics down the software becomes very intuitive. Rarely have we found something that we could not get the software to do. Overall, an essential workforce/recruiting software tool to help efficiently maintain information.

Pros

Flexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes customization requires a lot of adjustment to work just depending on what you are trying to do and reporting can be a little confusing until you spend some time on it. We have been using PCR8 still so some of this may have been improved in V9.

July 2015

John from Digital Environment, LLC

July 2015

My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!

Pros

PC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate with clients and candidates, and a robust database that is able to take all the information I need, put it where it is easily accessible, and then be able to get a comprehensive "picture" of what I need to know. I have used other programs and the general attitude of the other vendors is something like this: "Here's what it is . . . here's how it works . . . it's up to you to figure out how you can make this work for your business." Using spreadsheets and Outlook was more efficient than what they offered - which is what I had to use in the past with certain software programs. When it comes to PCRecruiter, it's as if they asked me what I needed and then built a great program . . . and then asked me what my "dream" software would include . . . and then they met and exceeded my expectations. The salesperson asked me a lot of questions and then made sure the software and my eventual training addressed my needs, rather than talking at me about its capabilities. After trying the "best" programs and, frankly, finding no comparison to PCRecruiter, I don't want any of my competition to use it - I like having a clear advantage.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about PCRecruiter. It would be great if they gave the software away for free, but with the price being lower than a lot of their competitors . . . again, I can't complain about anything with PCRecruiter.

PCRecruiter - For REtained Executive Search

It's a great solution for recruiting and marketing.

Pros

This is my 2nd time using PCRecruiter but the 1st time I'm using it as an ower. Value and customer support are very good. I've used other products before and the ease of data entry makes it a go-to product.

Cons

There are some software glitches that need to improve on PCR Capture but overall I'm happy and like that they listen to customer feedback. It would be nice if the training offered more guidance on how to best setup PCRcruiter.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PCR! We're glad you selected us for your business. If you have any questions or suggestions, we're always open to hearing them! Send us an email or visit the Ideas and Requests forum in the helpdesk.

Scott from EHS Hospitality Group

Great software!!!

Pros

After using the same software for 17 years, I was very skeptical about changing. I was pleasantly surprised by the user friendliness of PCR and how easy the change was. The custom-ability is definitely the best part.

Cons

There are a few things I would like changed that are hard programmed where you can't.... but overall we love it.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

Price and the custom features.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Scott! Picking up a new software after 17 years is a big shift, so we're glad PCR is doing the job for you now!

Dan from AutoLoop

Great recruiting software - needs some improvement as far as being a comprehensive ATS

Overall, as a recruiter software, I'm not sure there's a better product on the market. There needs to be some basic features to the platform, however, if PCRecruiter is going to compete in the ATS market.

Pros

Very easy to use - simple one click or drag and drop features make it incredibly efficient. Pricing model is based on users and NOT number of employees which is critical. ATS's should not have a per employee pricing model, period. Aesthetics are awesome, navigating through the platform is pretty straight forward.

Cons

As far as being an ATS there are a couple of very key features it lacks which are basic components of most, if not all, ATS'. 1) Currently it does not provide a way to pre-qualify candidates when they first apply to a position. Most ATS' offer front end questions to help determine if candidates possess the minimum requirements which helps the recruiter focus on those who meet those requirements first. 2) Automation emails can be sent, however setting it up is a little clunky - once you get through it, however, it works great. 3) This is more of a desired feature, but there should be an option to set a delayed time for automation emails. For example, when a candidate you're not interested in is interviewed, when you move them in to the appropriate folder in the pipeline to let them know they're no longer being considered it sends out the email immediately, there should be an option for a 24 hour to 48 hour delay.

Jeremy from Premrose Partners, Inc

Best Applicant Tracking System Out

We have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.

Pros

The loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.

Cons

I would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

PCR's functionalities and speed.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Jeremy! The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!

Helen from Empowered Staffing

Review from an Executive Recruiting Agency

I use PCRecruiter every day to track my outreach, responses, candidate submittals to clients, interviews, hires, etc. I am strictly in a recruiting role, so I don’t typically add much information under “company”, but I think it’s also an important tool for the sales team to keep up to date. I know I mentioned this above, but I think two of the greatest features is the ability to upload candidates directly from Linkedin, and the ability to email clients/candidates through PCRecruiter. You are able to stay very organized which leads to increased efficiency and more time to talk to candidates.

Pros

I’ve used several ATS systems throughout my career as an agency recruiter and I’ve found PCRecruiter to quite user friendly. It has a nice add-on feature that allows you to upload candidate’s profiles directly from Linkedin using “PCR Capture”. It automatically captures the candidates employment history, as well as their location, picture, education and email address/phone number if available. I also like that you can email a candidate or hiring manager directly through PCRecruiter. If you’re on the candidate’s page and you’ve linked them to an existing position, you can go to the tab labeled “interviews” and send the candidate and hiring team a confirmation email. You are also able to save email templates through PCRecruiter.

Cons

I can’t think of many cons for this ATS. When I first started using the system, I found the interface to be a little date, but last month they redesigned the UX and I find it to be much more visually appealing.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for your review of PCR, Helen! We're glad you like the new UX updates... these are just the beginning of a very exciting round of changes we're looking forward to sharing with you!

John from AVAIL Business Ventures, LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A fully functional user friendly system!

One of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!

Pros

PCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.

Cons

I don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

Functionality, Integration, Cost

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.

April 2016

Mark from Atarid Specialist Recruiters

April 2016

Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.

Pros

I am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system and internal developers. I first evaluated PCRecruiter (PCR) against several competing products in mid 2008 and found it to be the most versatile for our purpose. The only program of it's type that delivered everything we needed, plus expansion possibilities, was PCRecruiter. Periodically I conduct a similar review for the business and have yet to find a system that offers an advantage over PCRecruiter. In the 8 years since we started using PCRecruiter we have expanded the system with several customized modules which have been possible within the system due to it's flexible architecture. Finally I would like to make special mention of the customer support which has proven to be second to none.

Cons

I don't really have a dislike about the product or vendor. You usually only have dislikes when the service and product are not up to scratch.

Kathryn from Nearterm Corporation

Industry: Civil Engineering

Best Database on the market

PCR Capture increased our database input with good information and saved us time of having to copy and paste or type records.

Pros

PCRecruiter is user friendly. I like how each user can setup the records to flow with the information they need to view most.

Cons

I would like to be able to download metrics report based on what information the users input. At this time, I can only get a viewable report of a total number on information input.

PCR is user friendly.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2020

Thanks so much for the review, Kathryn! We actually just added a CSV Export for the Metrics report in our release this week. Check with our support team if you need any assistance!

Rebecca from Recruiting in Motion

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Good - Depending on What You Need in a Recruitment Software

Overall PCRecruiter is good for managing and organizing data and searching for existing candidates. Search function has much to improve as well as the coding.

Pros

Roll-Ups are easy to manage and organize candidates. Adding new jobs into the system. Easy to input data in an organized format in candidate files

Cons

Search function. You can only search existing candidates that have been registered with our agency. If a candidate applied for your job from another platform (ie: Indeed), you will not be able to search for them in PCR even though their resume was parsed into the system. Need to search in each open job to see new candidates. Lots of candidates also get lost if they are not coded correctly (ie: under the right job title, software skill).

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied July 2019

Hi Rebecca, All candidates that are stored in the PCRecruiter database (even those pushed into the system via Indeed) should be searchable by any words or phrases in their resume or by the fields in their contact info. If you're discovering records that can't be found in a search, it may be an indexing issue on the database. Get in touch with our support team and they'll get it sorted out for you. It's true, however, that coding for your own particular search requirements can help - if the candidate's resume doesn't include the phrase you're looking for, the search engine will not return that record.

Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers

I used PCRecruiter as an employee and then when I started my own company I chose them based on my experience and happiness with the database. I didn't even shop other options as I knew what this could do and wouldn't have any learning curve.

Pros

already had good powerful recruiting tools before they started actively asking for suggestions. They put in a request and suggestions forum and actually listen & prioritize the changes/improvements that we users have asked for. Not 100% of them, but many of them. Their tech support is super responsive and helps with individual problems. Very customizable for how you want to have it work with you and what you want it to show you.

Cons

It's got a LOT of bells and whistles I don't need, but it makes it useful for bigger recruiting organizations with more complex needs than I have as a small recruiting firm. I do wish some of the tasks were a little easier to accomplish with fewer clicks. Once data is in PCR it's harder to manipulate it than if it was , say, in an Excel spreadsheet. I do miss that type of flexibility.

Chris from Prime Hires

Overall very good ATS.

Very good, they are getting better everyday. Great Staff, Trainers are improving since we first implemented. First rate organization. Would Highly recommend.

Pros

Excellent customer service, powerful back end, never crashes, interface isn't pretty but does the job. Works well with MS Outlook for email. Keeps track of everything, open API

Cons

Reports, too many, not as easy to customize.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

Price, customer service & support.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for the review, Chris! We think you'll be happy with the interface and workflow improvements coming throughout the year as well!

Bryan from AGI

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

PCR got better and better the deeper we got into it.

Our ability to enter, track, contact, and reuse contacts and information has soared. I was very happy with my previous ATS, but they were bought and put on a slow death diet. I am glad we moved to PCR. I wish we had done it earlier. Another thing I like is that PCR is not constantly raising our rates and creating add-ons we have to purchase.

Pros

The integration with Outlook, RingCentral, Monster, CareerBuilder and other outside providers speeds up my pace a lot. The PCR Capture piece makes my researchers much more efficient. They can focus on finding people, instead of wasting time typing in their information.

Cons

We started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose. Wow! Now our tracking, sharing, and efficiency has more than doubled. We've run the numbers.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review, Bryan! It's great to hear that PCR has been making things easier at AGI!

Trudy from HI-TEK Dynamics, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Review of PCRecruiter As A Valued Business Tool

Greatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.

Pros

It's functionality allows us to access/retrieve all important candidate/client information [new or archived] in several different ways so that data is never 'lost'. From their basic features to the more granular, PCRecruiter has been an excellent and reliable business tool for us, for almost 14 years!

Cons

After 14 years, the product has only improved and continues to do so, so at this time there aren't any 'negatives' to site.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

It had everything we were looking for: flexibility, ease of use, excellent technical support and very cost effective

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Trudy! We're glad to head that PCR has been making your job easier for all these years!

Nathan from Gruen Search Consultants

Affordable and Functional

Pros

There are a lot of functions available for use in this software, but it's designed in a way that you can choose to use what you want. Nothing we don't use is in our way or makes using the software harder.

Cons

I would like it if the roll ups could be sorted by the quality of the match to a search.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review! If you have any suggestions for the team on how we can improve rollups, check out the Ideas and Requests forum in our helpdesk.

David from Bruce & Associates

Industry: Medical Devices

The recruiter's companion!

I've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.

Cons

I honestly don't have a complaint!

Michael from EHS Hospitality

My review

OVerall experience has been good. There is a small learning curve.

Pros

The software integrates files and tracks email.

Cons

The app is minimal features. When I email from PCR, I cannot track that email in my email account. Yet when receiving email, it tracks that. Sometimes the system moves a little slow.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Michael! Regarding email tracking, both sent and received mail should be tracked if things are configured properly. Check in with our training team for troubleshooting.

Overall Great ATS with Solid Customer Support

Overall positive experience with PCRecruiter, as it's met our business's need

Pros

User-friendly interface with lots of features and the ability to customize just about everything as desired to optimize workflows and match business needs. Cloud-based options allow remote access from anywhere with internet access. New email campaigns feature tracks views and clicks for outbound email marketing, which allows users to set up highly-focused drip campaigns.

Cons

For cloud based users, occasional server issues or intra-day patches cause intermittent slowness. Features submitted in the feature request forum are sometimes ignored for months on end, even when upvoted by multiple other users.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the review! In regards to long-standing requests in the feature request forum, in some cases those requests are just more complicated to fulfill than they appear, but rest assured that no request goes un-noticed and we very much value those requests!

Manny from Staffing and Recruiting

Outstanding value and the features are world class.

Pros

I have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!

Cons

There is not much I don't like as the software is very user-friendly. About the only thing is being able to change the color scheme.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the glowing review, Manny! And we do have alternate color schemes on our "to do" list in the development department.

Lindsey from Intersect

Ideal for recruiting agencies

We are a boutique recruiting firm, and PCRecruiter has enabled us to quickly set up our candidate database. For over 15 years, we have been able to effectively search and organize our candidate and client database.

Pros

15+ years of using PCRecruiter. Ease of use. It has enough features and organizational structure to allow you to create pockets or folders of candidates, but it does not buckle under the weight of having TOO many ways to categorize and organize candidates. When I have questions, I am able to get help from the PCR support team nearly immediately, and their support is thorough.

Cons

For me, the icons which are used for functionality buttons are not as intuitive as they could be. As in, by looking at the button, I don't automatically think of the functionality it represents. On the flip side, I have used PCRecruiter for over 15 years, and though the icons aren't what I would choose, I quickly learned.

John from Hospitality

Honestly

Good experience overall. Search by area code, Keywords, location, makes life easier.

Pros

User friendly, ease of learning, and helpful support to make changes.

Cons

Some time we have to open different versions to do three things at once, Establish a roll up list, create a named letter and do a search.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, John! Yes, multiple windows are sometimes the most effective way to get a task handled - we're working on ways to use screens more efficiently in future updates. We appreciate your feedback!

Steve from Dana Kowen Associates

User Feedback for PCR - Very Positive

I am extremely happy with the software. Every year we do a re-evaluation of the software and have not found a better option. The support team are very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros

Feature functionality of this product is very extensive. Almost every feature you would wish for is built into the software. Most all of needed functionality is included in the base price. Additional functionality from PCR and allied vendors can be purchased at reasonable additional cost. What adds to the value of this product is its well documented API. This API connects PCR to many other applications like CRM and auto dialers vendors to name just two options.

Cons

If I have to "nit pick". While all the functionality is present in PCR, some of the workflows and reporting could be improved.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the review, Steve! We're glad PCR continues to meet your needs.

Good Database with some automated functionality; poor CRM

Middle of the road. It does the basic things well and is a good database to store information. Outside of that, there is no CRM functionality and isn't super useful from a sales, sales tracking, leads or reporting perspective.

Pros

The best features of PCR are the "roll ups". The software seems to be built around the roll ups and they provide a lot of functionality, some automation and decent organization ability.

Cons

It lacks a true CRM feature. The reporting is not great. Every name entered into the system is a candidate. There is no delineation between candidates and company contacts which creates problems.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2019

Candidates and Contacts are delineated by the 'Status' field in PCR... a name can be a candidate or a contact depending on that setting. This facilitates situations where someone is hired at a company and then becomes a hiring contact there and allows for fluid movement between statuses without creating duplicate records.

Steven from TYGES International

PCRecruiter is as good as it gets but it can always be better.

PCRecruiter is a great tool and has been invaluable to me as a 15 year veteran of the recruitment industry. My overall experience with the software has been excellent. I'd recommend it to any recruiting firm, large or small.

Pros

PCRecruiter's interface design and ease of use helps our firm get new recruiters up and running quickly with a minimal amount of software related training. In addition it let's our firm of 25+ recruiters work collaboratively across 100's of ongoing searches.

Cons

PCRecruiter's search functionality is good but it could be so much better. If I could do it all over I would recommend we create standard fields for things like Education, Industry Experience and also Titles. This would allow us to search within PCR without being so keyword dependent.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Steven! We're glad the system is helping your company to stay organized!

Tim from Black River Ventures Corp

Never have to worry

One of the most important benefits is consistency. In 5+ years of using PCR, we've never had any downtime. This was such a huge improvement from our old ATS systems that would go down for hours at a time throughout the year. The next biggest benefit is constant improvement. Especially with integrated systems like LinkedIn. I never need to contact PCR to let them know something has changed and their system needs to be updated. They are on top of it and updates usually come within 24 hours.

Pros

PCR is highly configurable so you can set it up to match the way you work. The integration with other systems - especially LinkedIn capture is a great asset. Good support in getting things set-up. You own your data and have easy access to it if there is ever a need for a back-up or to change systems.

Cons

Very minor issue - could have better sales call tracking with visual follow-up lists.

Rik

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Pros

I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Cons

It takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.

Tim from Management Recruiters of Clearwater

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

PCR software and support review

All of our associates enjoy working within PCR. It makes their recruiting lives so much easier because it is software designed and written for what we do on a daily basis. Not trying to make some other ATS system work for the recruiting industry.

Pros

It's ease of use. PCR is very intuitive and easy for new associates to understand and get up and running.

Cons

Cannot really think of anything, perhaps it is because we have been using it for many, many years.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

As mentioned above, we like the flexibility of making the program our own.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review, Tim! It's great to hear how well PCR has served your needs!

Greg from Shine Recruitment

Very happy with PCRecruiter

Overall, very good. Initial time setting everything off pays off in great time-saving later for the team.

Pros

Usability - the automation of the system is great. Spend the time setting things up and you won't regret it. Move the candidates through the process (Drag and drop) and relevant messages are sent out. Outlook connector is a great integration for communication tracking. Support are very responsive.

Cons

Initial setup takes significant time (for one person) when transferring from a bespoke system. Not completely unexpected, but was surprised it was so difficult to set up the system the way we wanted it in the test environment, and then wanted to transfer over live (most recent) data. Worked out in the end, but it was different from they way I thought the process would go.

Barbara from AP Professionals of WNY

Solid ATS product

We have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. We do not use the system to its full capability. I do believe we could get much more out of the system than we currently do. I am surprised that our account rep does not try to get us to do more!

Pros

PCRecruiter is user friendly and has a good price point.

Cons

When we created customized fields, we did not realized that they were not "smart." They are not as useful as the built in fields.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

The price point worked for our company. We are not super metric driven and felt PCRecruiter could meet our needs.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barbara! We'd be interested in hearing more about your ideas for smarter custom fields - visit the Ideas & Requests forum on our helpdesk to make a suggestion if you haven't done so!

Eddie from EHS Hospitality

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great software for all recruiters and managing the talent acquisition pipeline.

Pros

It's an adaptive software and is expanding to fit our growing needs. Very easy to customize menus and parts of the site to save time and increase your workflow productivity. It's very easy for users with minimal software experience to learn but also intuitive enough for high tech-savvy users to utilize.

Cons

The Mobile App is in the early stages of development I feel, so the only feedback I have is to keep developing it over time.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the glowing review, Eddie!

Suzi from American Recruiters

PCR Support

Honestly one of the BEST customer support platforms I've ever seen. You can call them anytime with questions. You go directly to a human ready and willing to help you right there and then. If they don't have the answer they find someone who does and they will get back to you quickly. Always respectful and generous with their help.

Pros

PCRecruiter is very user friendly, completely customizable. Our company has many different specialties we use this product for and we are able to create custom fields to fill every niche.

Cons

I have not had any issues with any of the software capabilities. If it's not out of the box it's always been customizable or if needed the support at PCR has taken our recommendations and made changes accordingly.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied April 2020

Thanks so much for the review, Suzi! We appreciate it and we're glad PCR is meeting the needs of your organization!

Tania from The Healthcare Initiative

PCR, the software for the I.T. junky and the average day person!

Pros

I like how you can capture information from other sites LinkedIn and resumes vs having to manually enter names, employer, title, contact information etc. I also like all the reporting features for tracking metrics and that all emails, as long as the contact is in PCR, will be linked to the appropriate record. This makes searching for prior conversations very easy.

Cons

Prior to PCR we had a very simple software, so the hardest part for our team was learning all the amazing, time saving features available with PCR as well as the best workflow process and keeping the daily activity levels up. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time upfront to make sure you are utilizing the software to the best of its ability for your business.

James from The CSP Group

Big improvement from previous version but . . .

It's a time saver, helps me stay organized, and ultimately helps me put together more deals! It is also affordable and priced correctly.

Pros

Everything about it is a time saver designed so that you don't have to go back and forth from PCR to LinkedIn, which is fantastic. Huge improvement overall but . . .

Cons

The only problem I noticed with this version was that - despite what the training video says - it does not give you the option of adding a name to a rollup "on the fly". Instead, you have to designate the rollup in the default settings. The video specifically mentions that this is not the case anymore, but I just downloaded this latest version 5 minutes ago and there's no option to choose a rollup on the fly. I imagine that will be fixed soon, however, and when it is it will be perfect.

Justin from SCN

Industry: Machinery

Excellent Recruiting Tool

PCRecruiter has been a great partner to help our firm grow to where we are today. Anytime we've had an issue, they are quick to respond and find a resolution. They continue to keep us updated.

Pros

The ability to customize profiles and the user interface is amazing. The PCR team is constantly updating the system and making it better with each update. Very user friendly and the support staff is very responsive.

Cons

Nothing in particular. I suppose it could look a little 'sexier' or have the ability to change color schemes for personal preference. In terms of functionality, there isn't much that I would change.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Justin! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about our future releases, as there will be more 'sex appeal' to the interface coming down the road for sure.

Lauren from LifeWork Search

Great Software for Recruiting

I've had a great experience so far with PCR and anything that hasn't been going well or any issues we face, support is there for fixing and they're always taking suggestions on how to enhance.

Pros

What I like most about PCR is the ability to customize it to your needs. You have the ability to customize dashboards and add/remove fields, making organization great for a database that holds so much information.

Cons

There's not something I dislike about the software, but it does require some training to get used to- especially for admin (like anything else) but once you get used to it it's pretty simple and support is always there to help!

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for the review, Lauren! We're glad to hear that the system is getting the job done and that our team is supporting you well.

Linda from Liberty Health / Seaboard Physician Search

Great Product for a Great Price

I've been using PCRecruiter for over 10 yrs and have tried other types of software and returned to PCRecruiter. It handles everything so well and is a great help with my recruiting business

Pros

Easy to use - helps me to remember what needs to be done through scheduling and activities - keeps track of all of my candidates and clients

Cons

Form letters have to created in the Systems tab so it can't be done as you work from a roll up.

Same answer as above

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Linda! We're glad you're finding PCR to be the best solution for your business!

Jennifer from TYGES

Honest PCR Review!

Benefits are having a huge and easily accessible database that we can access from anywhere (the APP needs some work though, not great) overall I would recommend it.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly, there are a ton of features with PCR that are available and if you take the time to go through and experiment, you will find out how helpful it can really be. Roll ups are very easy to use and they have made some changes that make it easier to sort those as well.

Cons

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review, Jennifer! We're glad to hear that our continual infrastructure upgrades have been improving the speed for you! Hit our ideas and requests forum if you have any suggestions for the product.

Gregory from Infinity

A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting

Setting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use.

Pros

Once PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.

Cons

The interface is a little dated. I believe they are working on updates though. If you hire them to create custom forms or applications, it feels like you get a contractor who may not know what they should. Their other support staff are great though. The in program email system could use some work. Setting the system up to pass through Office365 exchange servers with a generic email account, didn't work out. We ended up spinning our own exchange server to handle it.