All Findmyshift Reviews

Tony

Reviewed November 2017

Simple to use, easily accessible

PROS

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

CONS

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Replied November 2017

Ian

Reviewed March 2018

Easy to use, with information clearly displayed. Great access across all devices.

A much clearer and more accurate view of staff work times, leave. Easier to track absenteeism and manage via the reports available. Simple to use and a time saver when planning rosters and staff leave.

PROS

Initial set-up was easy and the instructions to do so clear. The rosters can be set to cover a wide range of duty shifts, daily and weekly. The roster template set-up was simple and it is extremely easy to transfer to the Overview for use. Changes to the roster for holidays, rostered time off, sick leave etc. is very simple and can be added directly into the Overview. The reports available are clear and full and very good for Management purposes. The time clock log-in and log out is quick and simple.

CONS

The inability to select several staff members when adding time off, especially Statutory Holidays when not all staff have the time off on that day. Even though this may be done directly in the Overview it would be quicker and easier to do as a once only action in the Add Time Off function.

Thanks for the review Ian!

Replied March 2018

Georgina

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Great for busy employers

This is a great tool to help with day to day task of scheduling staff, it does exactly what I wanted and staff are able to request holidays and see their shifts easily

PROS

Staff are able to see their shifts, no print out of rota's required Being able to repeat weekly rota's without having to repeat typing

CONS

That staff are not able to make changes to their shifts or see that other staff are on holiday

Amanda

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Glitchy at times but nice product

I have to buy it because the owner requires we do but I find the product to be unreliable and glitchy

PROS

Everyone can use their phone to clock in and out

CONS

It is a very glitchy app and most of the time my team can not sign in and out on it, or they do sign in but when they go to sign out it says they haven’t.

Neil

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Easy to use software

Have called support a few times with the set up initially and always helpful and solved each issue.

PROS

Very simple after set up to schedule and adjust shifts, holidays and days off across the business. Payroll calculation including holidays is simpler than other software we used previously.

CONS

None so far and have been using the software over 2 years now.

Reasons for switching to Findmyshift

Cost and limited use. Support was not quick to respond.

Tianna

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Over love Find My Shift

Love find my shift. Makes everything easier

PROS

I love the connivence of find my shift, and the hands on functions it offers.

CONS

Not knowing all the functions i can know. I would like for there to be a tutorial option.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Its an app that everyone loves and easy to download and easy to understand.

Mandeep

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Can't work without it

PROS

Very easy for me and my staff to use without a doubt.

CONS

In need of modernization for sure. Love the layout but could use a refresh.

Timothy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Easy to use and affordable

PROS

Findmyshift is very easy to use. Most of the time, I only have to copy and paste the schedule, but changes are also easy to make. My employees can also use an app and get easy updates.

CONS

The calendar organization throws me off now and again.

Price

alice

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Useful Application

PROS

We really liked the online rota and being able to automatically inform the team of rora updates and use the clocking in and out function. Previously we'd been calculating hours manually according to staff sign in sheets and this proving to become increasing labour intensive. Now we can draw a report with all hours calculated, including scheduling holidays, costs and any facilities that need booking.

CONS

I found that it lacked some functions that would enable clearer visual understanding of the rota and timesheets. It would be good to be able to add empty rows as titles for the different departments etc. This would be helpful for those staff who have need for more visual accessibility requirements to enable them to better understand the format.

Marina

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Software!

PROS

It is so easy to use. It helps me coordinate a team of carers who do shift work. It is incredibly helpful in organising, communicating, and changing shifts, as well as providing summaries of shifts to complete timesheets.

CONS

The cost can be restrictive for my situation, but it is definitely worth the money. Also, some features on the desktop app would be useful to have in the mobile version.

Kel

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Great for rostering

PROS

The ease of access and use. It allows for clearer communication with staff and the opportunity for them to view rosters etc.

CONS

Would be good to be able to view via specific days also, rather than just an entire week at a time.

Julie

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Easiest system to use and set up

Easy to use and set up. Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past). Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

PROS

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded. Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day. Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other. Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

CONS

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Like the ability to choose how long we wish to use the software for rather than being tied into long contracts.

Reasons for switching to Findmyshift

System did not work for us and was expensive.

Thanks for the review, Julie!

Replied October 2020

Lizzie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Transformed the business

Find My Shift has transformed the ease of creating rota. we used to have spreadsheets and often had to change and re issue no all staff have live information and any last minute changes can quickly be communicated

PROS

The ease of setting up and the multiple ways you can use many of the features

CONS

Not able to add national insurance to staff the pay . lack a wage forecasting feature

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Tried free trials with a few others and Find my shift is the most logical to use by far

Reasons for switching to Findmyshift

To complicated to set up and lacked alot of the features

Olugbenga

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Over all view

The experience has been fantastic, it has help us utilise our time in other area.

PROS

The fact that all staff and the management team are able to communicate through the platform hence saving us a lot of time.

CONS

Clocking in and out still pose an issue for us, but with the help of your department, i think we can resolve it.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

We found it easy to use and allow for more staff to be added.

Wolfgang

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Decent and easy to use solution for flexible shift planning

It solved our problem immediately, and employees get along with it from the start. For me as an admin, I have found out how the inputting works mostly through trial and error, which was not always intuitive. I think the system is more easy for end-users than for the admin to learn.

PROS

The software has considerable ease of use, and solved our flexible planning needs immediately. It is visually very intuitive, and I think our employees simply like the system.

CONS

I think / know that there are so many more features of the software that I - if at all- discover by accident. The switching between facility view and employee view should be intuitive as well, however, I regularly fail to input elements that work on both representations - I've therefore resorted to using facility view exclusively. I get the impression I'm using merely some 5% of the systems capabilities.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Pricing, as I had virtually no experience what we needed, and what is out there. Initially, it was about not making a costly mistake, but FindMyShift looks to be a good choice regardless.

Grace

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

We have been using this website for a few years for our busy cafe/bar, a great site!

PROS

Easy to use and set up. All of the staff find it a lot easier to log in and check shifts than rely on printouts. It makes it a lot easier to make up rotas when you can see a couple of weeks at a time and can see the overall picture to juggle shifts about, can also copy and paste which makes it easier. Also makes it a lot easier when trying to find cover, you can see easily who is available and find their contact details. Great for keeping track of holidays, reports for calculating wages, keeping a record of who worked when and making/calculating small changes such as if someone left early. It's good that it sends an email to staff each time the rota is published, we don't use the 'accept' function or messages as we just have a small workforce, but I can imagine it would be handier if there were a lot of employees. I know some of the staff also use the mobile site.

CONS

Not really found much wrong with it, have never had to contact customer support. I think occasionally when looking at the staff view the times/shifts/staff names haven't lined up properly if it's zoomed in or a funny resolution.

Thanks for the review Grace! If you ever have trouble with the cells not lining up try resetting your browser's zoom. The keyboard shortcut is normally CTRL + 0. I hope this helps!

Replied October 2017

Christopher

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

A well laid-out rota

PROS

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

CONS

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted. I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave. Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Replied August 2019

Julie

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Changing our Rota System

Findmyshift has completely changed the way we plan for staffing events. It has been simple enough for even our most IT-wary volunteers to take part in. The messaging feature allows me to tell all staff about sudden changes or announcements.

PROS

I wanted a system that was accessible to staff but which also let me budget for each event, as this was an area where we had historically overspent. It also helps me track holidays and time in lieu, which was almost impossible in our old system. It also lets me check staff availability way ahead without having to resort to complicated texts / whats app groups and emails. I have now introduced our volunteers to it and time sheets which will again save so much time and money.

CONS

I have not yet learned how to clarify on booking a staff member on which pay rate they are on. Eg staff are standard rate or Duty manager rate for that shift. It is in the back under pay, but I don't know how to clarify what they are on for that particular shift which in turn makes it not work for payroll.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

I had used it as an employee at another company so could recommend it.

Thanks for the review, Julie! It sounds like you need to set up some "pay rate exceptions" for your staff members, either individually or globally, but get in touch with our support team and we can walk you through it over the phone or via live chat.

Replied April 2021