Browse K-12 Online Reviews

Markell from U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs

Great for Homeschooling

Pros

I am a user, as well as I have worked with a company who provided technical support for the product. Its user friendly and it is really just a great product overall.

Cons

I wish it was incorporated for students who actually attend school, versus just being for homeschooling.

Amy from Self-Employed

Great Product, very time consuming

I did not go back to K-12 only because we were not able to do the field trips we had intended to participate in. All in all, the program is incredibly well done and thorough.

Pros

This educational program was very well done. It had speed back assignments that gave immediate reports on the assignments completed. We received all the technology we needed to communicate and perform the necessary work. There were engaging assignments. There were opportunities to meet the teacher in person and be part of virtual classrooms. It was a great way to integrate and educate my children while in a home setting.

Cons

This program was extremely rigorous. Missing a day can set you back and it’s very difficult to catch back up. We wanted to try this program so we could do more field trips, but we were unable to fit much of anything in because of the demand to complete the many assignments.

Brenda from VIPKID/Outschool/Magic Ears

Home Education

My experience was fair. It was not overly pleasant but it was not terrible. My main issue was the enrolling process. It could be minimized for time purposes. I think K-12 online is a great program but it needs to be a little more user friendly. It does however provide a great service that is affordable, flexible and consistent with educational standards.

Pros

I liked the concept. I am currently using a similar program for home education. An online curriculum gives flexibility. It appears to be the direction education is going for the future.

Cons

I found the sign-up process long and somewhat complicated. I felt like I was asked to do too much compared to similar programs available that offer the same service.

October 2010

Saul from Northwood High School

October 2010

A revolutionary way to do back-to-school registration

Pros

JIREHinfosystems has revolutionized the way we do registration. Using this systems our school saves thousands of dollars in mailing, paper and printing costs. In addition, our clerks have saved countless hours in sorting, data retrieval, data entry, medical information, and verification of information. Even with the economy in a downturn, our fundraising numbers have increased. Most importantly, the registration process has been overwhelmingly popular with our parents, who no longer dread the registration packet of papers that they used to sift through, and spend hours filling out the same information over and over again. It is time schools incorporated this new technology to make the start of school an enjoyable and efficient experience for all.

Cons

Automatic integration with SIS not available yet.

Response from K-12 Online

Replied January 2011

Addressing you concern: Automatic integration with SIS does exist now! However, districts were not comfortable with complete automation so a proces had to be developed that would be agreeable to IT. Basically, it depends on your IT department how much automation is allowed. Our system will accept data and make updated data available to your SIS. Districts frown upon data being "pushed" into their system automatically. So, it is up to the district's IT dept. to program a script that will access our database. The updated data on our database will only be available when a data clerk at the school approves the updated student information and emergency contact data to be sent to the SIS.

Demeshia from Scleroderma Foundation

Virtual Student

Our overall experience has been terrific! My daughter is able to complete and turn in assignments, communicate with teachers and receives notifications. It also allows the teacher to monitor the students activities which is awesome.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use for both me and my daughter. Very easy to navigate and has dome really great features. My daughter uses to complete all her school work and it was really easy to teach to her.

Cons

The only thing that can be improved is the help features for students. My daughter was unable to figure out the information without a adult. It would be nice if it offered a kid troubleshooting option. So she could fix issues on her own.

Vicia from Most Holy Mantle Academy

Great program and easy to use

It was definitely just what we needed at the time we needed it.

Pros

I liked that it was easy for my 12-13 year old to navigate and get his education. It was just what we needed at the time.

Cons

The software was amazing! I had no issues with the software, but being required to have contact with the liberal teachers could be removed and it would be a better program all around.

ernesto from Landscaping

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

parent of current k-12 user

Pros

my child is at home comfortable and not being bullied or harassed

Cons

at times its slow to log on and do the actual school work and the help info is confusing

Karcina from Mother

K-12

The benefits of using this software is life saving. Due to COVID schools were shut down and my son continued online school instead of in person teaching.

Pros

The main feature is impactful for my son who uses this software everyday. He takes his classes online and learns.

Cons

For starters setting everything up was difficult I had to contact customer support a couple of times.

Esmeralda from Larchmont Charter School

K12 Online

For the most part, it's a pretty easy program to use once you figure out how to. They have made improvements to help the user learn certain components, but there are still areas improvement can be made.

justine from cliu

Helpful Resources

Pros

When I am looking for educational material in my classroom there are many options on this site.

Cons

There is a lot of material and it times it can be difficult to search.

Robby from Jefferson County Board of Education

Great company, great software, just plain great.

Our district began the bid process and heard from four different vendors. K-12 Online was by far the best presentation we saw. They had gone to a great deal of trouble to customize our presentation to show us what they had to offer. That was the first sign of their dedication to their customers and it has been the same ever since. I'm glad that I was on the team that picked their software and if I had to do it all over again I would make the same call every time. K-12 Online has bent over backward to help us during the first year of online registration and there is no sign that the level of customer support we have received will change anytime soon. Take the leap with K-12 Online. I promise you'll be glad you did.

Pros

As a tech, I was able to find my way around with minimal training. They offered it but my job is the helpdesk tech for the entire district of 4500 employees so I am not always able to attend meetings and trainings. I was able to find answers I needed quickly and easily using K-12 Online's knowledge base and their excellent customer support.

Cons

The only con that I have is one that is going away with the summer release. For now, I'm going to say no real cons.

Mary from Grosse Pointe Public Schools

K12 Online is a modern application and easy to navigate through.

It is definitely an advantage for parents to register their children online and pay for school items at the same time. It also eliminates a lot of paper in the school offices and makes pulling reports super convenient!

Pros

The software is easy to navigate. Working in sections seems to be most beneficial such as getting the forms ready, then the webstores and then customizing the portals.

Cons

The webstore items currently live in one long list. It would be nice if the items could be stored in possible folders according to schools or separate categories. I would also prefer if items could be ordered and moved around. Setting up the attributes to an item for sale is cumbersome and time consuming.

Hannah from Arden Cahill Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent program!

A streamlined registration process that saves time and energy.

Pros

How easy it is to use as well as how easy it is to get help with the program when I need it. My client service representative always has an answer and I never have to wait long for his response. This program has saved me so much time and I cannot say enough good things about it.

Cons

There is no way to see whether emails were or were not received, however, when I brought this up, the developers were asked to look into creating something like that. That is why I love this program! They really try to make it as user friendly as possible.

Response from K-12 Online

Replied February 2018

So glad that your school is benefiting from K-12 Online. Thanks for your partnership and feedback. We are definitely looking into your suggestion and seeing whether this is possible. It is helpful in continuing to meet the needs of our clients so we can provide a service / product that makes your life and your parents' experience better.

Teri from Hermosa Beach City School District

Hermosa Beach City School District

K-12 has been great for us for registration. The staff has been very helpful when needed. The only thing I wish we could change is that when entering a new student during the school year that the "entry date" would come into PowerSchool, not the "school entry date"

Pros

Ease of moving the registration over from one year to the next.

Cons

Can't change dates. We are having a few issues with custom fields going in but it is something we need to do on our end.

Bryan from Public Schools of Robeson County

Childs Future

My overall experience has been great. My child loves it.

Pros

My has benefited greatly from K-12 online. The opportunity for him to learn has his own pace has opened up so many avenues for him. He went from being a child who didn't want to go to college to a child who is who is looking to advance his education.

Cons

I had I some issues with how to use it but once i figured it out things ran like clock work. I would recommend it to anyone.

Chris from Emporia State University

Not top-shelf but definitely usable!

Awesome product and service!

Pros

The quickest way that we found to streamline the application process. It made life so much easier in the summer months and in the fall. Customer service was great to work with and the cost per year works for us.

Cons

Overall, it was a great experience and a joy to work with. Customer service was great and we didn't have any issues with it.

Shalynn from SSD

Virtual K-12 classes

Pros

A lot of positives of K-12 Online. It offers additional programs that traditional schools might not offer. Students are able to access tools and material online, have live discussion, ask questions, participate in forums and chat rooms. I think most important, it allows students to work at their own pace and on their own schedule in a learning environment that is best suited for them.

Cons

Kids don't have the same face to face interactions with other people, however, this is not a reflection of the product itself. A virtual classroom is ideal for students in different situations and K-12 is a great alternative for students who need this type of arrangement.

Sally from Hope Lutheran School

Good experience so far

I'm an admissions director for a small private school. We are just rolling out this software to our parents so not sure how that will go, but we anticipate that things should go relatively smoothly. We have a had a great customer service rep who has been quick at answering questions and working with my schedule on training. The more I use the software the more familiar I am with it and see all the capabilities it has. Looking forward to rolling it out.

January 2011

Scott from Rancho Middle School

January 2011

K-12 Review

The overall effect of the program is great however it seems to be in it's infancy stage and may frustrate some individuals.

Pros

The detail that can be pulled out from the program is outstanding. The importance of taking money collection out of the teacher's hands is crucial. The ease for parents is outstanding.

Cons

The set-up and implementation support needs to be more on-site. Steps for reports and other features is great for tech people but could be more user friendly.

Response from K-12 Online

Replied January 2011

Addressing your concerns: Set-up and implementation does not require on-site presence since this is an online program. Besides a revamped, more user-friendly "HELP" link for less technical people with step-by-step instructions including screenshots, we are now providing online webinars for instruction which we encourage ALL possible K-12 Online users to attend. This allows users to take full advantage of all the features available.

Diane from Bethany School

Second year better!

The second year of using K-12 has been better. Some improvements have been made. Still, would like to see more improvements between the 3rd party use. Overall, easy to develop reports. Parents seem to have little trouble with the application. Support contacts you within 24 hours.

Shana from University of Houston

Love this new way to register

Makes the registration process so easy

Pros

Pretty user friendly, document upload is efficient, can view most information about the school prior to registration. The email notifications and bring able to do most things via website before going to the school

Cons

Only con is that the portal takes you to a main webpage which can be frustrating when the school has multiple locations

February 2011

Kerri from Irvine High School

February 2011

Jireh evaluation

Jireh seems to have the programmers to increase the growth of specific requests of each schools specific needs.

Pros

User friendly software that was perfect for our needs.

Cons

After download of information to District Office there didn't seem to be a way to update the information after that point.

Donna from Innovations Academy

Great electronic student registration system

We have been a customer of K12 Online for seven years and appreciate the ease of use and competitive pricing. This system has streamlined our data collection and I love the ability to create our own forms and reports.

Lenora from Yellowstone Academy

Tuition Manager

I was so excited to finally get online registration. I worked very closely with K-12 and they were very helpful. I did the re-enrollment and my co-worker did the new enrollment. The only challenge we had was trying to integrate K-12 into INOW. The previous registrar and I thought they merged a lot better than it did. Also the new registrar had to pick up where the old registrar left off and she did not like it at all especially when we it was time merge the two.

arcade from LSU Laboratory School

School Survey

The survey was easy to use and seem to work very well. The questions seemed to process very quickly. The survey was a good the apprioate length and not to long

Stacy from OPS

Super easy enrollment. Quick, easy and painless!

Pros

I enjoy being able to enroll my student on-line. It saves time and it makes the information more accurate since I am the one putting it in!

Cons

There wasn't anything I had an issue with! Everything went smoothly and I had no hang ups when registering!

Michelle from Estill County Emergency Management

K-12 online review

My daughter home schools her son and we love this program.

Pros

I really like this program. It is free and it offers a good curriculum for all grade levels.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

kelly from JBCbK

Industry: Fine Art

K-12 needs help

Registration is a pain. Without it the program is useless.

Pros

Nothing due to issues in use.

Cons

Everything. . If you can't register, the programing is useless to anyone

Robert from Big Hollow School District 38

Review from Big Hollow SD 38

From the parent end, the product has been pretty good in regards to the registration process. We have had difficulty with transferring data into our student management system. We would also like to see a better system for collection and tracking of revenue.

Joseph from NLS Banking Solutions

Very recommended to an institution that wants to streamline the registration and application process

The efficiency with which parents can enroll their children, pay for their school fees and easily get reports any time is an experience everybody would enjoy

Pros

The accuracy of information can never be compromised since it allows the parent to feed in the information online and the process is also time saving

Cons

The ease of use of this software hardly leave anything to report as disadvantageous, the process is smooth and very efficient