All Sawyer Reviews

Michelle

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Sawyer has made my life easier!

Ara

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Very easy to use and adds a professional look to my website

PROS

1. I love that HiSawyer is specific to use for children activities and classes. I tried other booking plugins or websites that were a "one size fits all" (appointments for nail salon or doctor's office) and well... they didn't quite fit for my business. For instance, HiSawyer allows the possibility to see the age and birthdate of the kids, having an "older sibling discount", adding semesters or multiple locations, specially because our class doesn't have only one location... Bookings are specific for a kid's class, and it's awesome. 2. Very easy to use! All what can be done in point #1, is very easy to set up! 3. Professional look. Some other plugins I had tried before look very outdated and amateurish. I love HiSawyer fresh and professional design. It's exactly what I was looking for for months until I bumped into HiSawyer.

CONS

I really love everything about it. If I had to really look for perfection: it would be awesome if there was an app. It might be just me, but checking it from mobile can be a little bit frustrating sometimes. Nothing out of this world, not bugs or errors, just think about checking social media from a web browser in your phone. But other than that, I love this!

Emily

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

The best option out there - just be ready to pay a higher rate!

PROS

Sawyer is the best tool in the game - I’ve tried them all from Square to Activity Hero, and this tool is the most streamlined and easy to use. Customers appreciate it and I can build kid-centered client accounts, robust scheduling and semesters, and easy checkouts.

CONS

By far the most expensive tool in the market and there was no free trial or setup window so the expense began before I had enrollees.

Reviewed April 2021

so many room to grow and I can bet that Sawyer will get there in no time!

No app. No merging duplicate customers. No phone look up feature. No teachers payroll report. No everyday phone support. Email customer service is confusing.

PROS

Hello, super cute design grabs everyone's attention. It is one of the best websites which draws customers in their market place. I think the customers love it but not much the administrators. Free trial and discount option helps to attract new customers but some customers keep taking advantage of it by changing emails and creating multiple accounts. Also this website doesn't have duplicate merging feature, phone number look up, teachers payroll report. Also editing schedule is not flexible, if clients sign up in the middle of semester, they shows up for the entire semester which they weren't even registered. I care about this company, that's why I am spending my time to write about this. Appointments, semester, membership reconciling is not recognizing each other. Appointment and membership should have options to charge registration fees like semester. I can't wait for the apps. One day. I know it costs a fortune but it will be the next unavoidable step for sawyer. My school has an app and I know app will put Sawyer to the top!

CONS

Super cute design. The market place brings customers from all over the state.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

I am still using one of those. Sawyer is not able to cover all I need. Especially payroll, reconciling the payment, scheduling past appointment etc.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We believe that a customer who shares critical feedback is a customer who cares. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it. Let us know if you have time to hop on a call to review!

Replied April 2021

Ruby

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Sawyer Review

My overall experience is very positive. It's obvious that Sawyer is aware of how difficult coordinating programs can be and it shows in how user friendly the platform is. I also love that we can duplicate camps now! Being able to do that was so helpful this year!

PROS

The ease of use and the customer support. I also appreciate the webinars.

CONS

The dashboard can be a little difficult to navigate. I do fine now but when I first started using sawyer it wasn't always clear where everything "lived", if that make sense. The website looks great though.

Kimberly

Education Management, 1 employee

Owner and Manading Director

Overall, my experience with this product has been great. I appreciate the quick response time from customer service when I run into any issues. I would like to capture better data from my reports. It's sometimes difficult to capture what I'm looking for.

PROS

I like that the system streamlines my registration process for families. It's helpful to have the attendance lists generated from the registration process. I like that I can communicate with families individually, or as a class with messaging. I like that the system sends me confirmations of new registrations.

CONS

The wait period of receiving payouts, and not receiving payouts on the weekends.

Karen (Kate)

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Accounting and Payouts are not transparent

While I appreciate the ability to imbed registration on our website, there is no way to track click rates, their customer service is not at all educated on the software and we've gotten responses on average 3 weeks after the initial question is asked! Poor customer service, micropayouts are not transparent, and the cost for ticket items more than 70 usd is more expensive than eventbrite. Unfortunately I can not recommend this platform!

PROS

It can be imbedded on your website. Visually it is appealing to the purchaser.

CONS

Instead of paying out event registration income once, after the event, or one time at the end of each month, they pay out micro payments every 3 days. This renders keeping your checks and balances almost impossible, and we are currently paying extra payroll hours for our accountant to tally up each payment (We are talking about payouts as small as $1.25, when we are receiving as much as 10K a month with their platform). Can you imagine your accountant adding up all of those micropayments to hit 10K? It equates to hours of work. The whole process does not at all match industry standards and is very unrealistic for companies to handle. It's a hidden expense that makes the platform not worth the use.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

We thought that Sawyer would be more user friendly. We were wrong!

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it.

Replied January 2021

Cheryl

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easy online registration for customers

I enjoy the platform and my customers do too.

PROS

My customers can learn about all of our programs in one place and register for them easily. I can track registration at a glance and make changes as needed.

CONS

Rosters are difficult to read when printed and it's an important part of our camps.

Carmen

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Friendly platform

It is an amazing tool for our company. It provides efficient enrollment and online payments.

PROS

For our company, Sawyer is critical for student enrollment, being private lessons, group classes or productions.

CONS

One thing that is not included is the ability to uncheck a student once it has been checked in.

Molly

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Sawyer is a must for art studio owners

Sawyer has been great from my onboarding experience to customer service support and the ease of use of the platform. I use it daily and appreciate how easy it is for parents to use to register their children for my classes.

PROS

I love that I can add and change my classes and transfer students easily. I also like that I can get paid within 24 hours of my clients purchasing my classes.

CONS

I wish I could also add adult classes to my options as well. I also would like to have an invoice option.

Johnny

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Sawyer Review From the Perspective of a Newbie

PROS

Sawyer is very easy to use and has a great support team. We use sawyer for our non-profit for registration and class management and it is very useful

CONS

I think there are some things that can be easier to do however i can always find a workaround.

Natalie

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Best value and stupid simple!

Amazing!!! Best customer service and feature updates for the price!

PROS

The software is SO easy to use! When you’re setting it up and training other employees it’s easy to see that it’s hard to mess anything up!

CONS

No Point of sale feature available. We still pay for another 3rd party software for this part

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Pricing and mix of features

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Pricing kept going up with less features that worked for us.

Heather

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Sawyer should be the "GO TO" software for running summer camps and classes

Being brand new to teaching summer camps and kids' classes I am grateful to have found Sawyer. They help me to present my brand professionally and they are affordable.

PROS

It's very easy to use and minimal learning curve. I launched a summer camp for kids and was figuring it out as I went. Sawyer made that easier for me because they had everything in place already including things I hadn't even thought of. Sawyer had all the features I needed and they continue to add more, especially when the pandemic hit and businesses needed to pivot to online classes. Their onboarding couldn't have been easier. Their front-end AND back-end interfaces are modern and "Apple-like" making it easy for me as well as users. The other softwares I tested were outdated and extremely clunky. Their customer service is very helpful.

CONS

I've used the software for going on 2 summers now and I cannot think of anything I don't like. Oh, I wish I was able to embed my Registration page on my website myself but Saywer does it quickly so really not a big deal to me.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Ease of use, "Apple-like" interface, pricing, customer service

Karen

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Sawyer Product Review 2020

Its been great overall. Very happy

PROS

Marketplace, Easy to use/train employees, design, customer service/tech support, form fields, messaging system, coupons, pivot to online learning was incredible and easy!

CONS

Stripe takes too long for deposits, inablilty to copy semesters so it takes a long time to set up new ones, would love to be able to attach files in roster emails

Reason for choosing Sawyer

I liked the software, design and customer service is what really sold me.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

No marketing, website integration and overall outdated program.

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Sawyer Tools for family

The customer service is great- my clients would really appreciate an app to register though.

PROS

Customer service, combination of this platform used with others like mail chimp and banking .

CONS

Some of my classes are for adults only and that can be cumbersome to register when they are already set up for their children.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Because I work with families and I like that a fee is only taken if I sell something and the payout frequency is great as well.

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

PROS

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so. The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes. I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

CONS

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Met all my needs.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Mindbody was not serving my needs and did not look good, nor was it intuitive for parents on the sign-up side.

Heather

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Customized for our unique small business

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

PROS

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

CONS

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register. Tracking financials could be clearer.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

More functionality, and the look was more of a fit for our style.

Ara