All Whova Reviews

1-25 of 1,243 Reviews

Natalie

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

December 2021

Great virtual conference tool!

Md Anisur

A fantastic platform for managing virtual events.

A very impressive platform for organizing events virtually.

Pros

This is an excellent software for organizing online event which offers several benefits. Firstly, It has a mobile app which allows participants to attend the events remotely even with a low data. Secondly, enabled features for socializing and networking helps the audience to feel the sense of community virtually. Finally, managing sessions and agenda by setting reminders helps audience to plan well during the event.

Cons

Nothing much in the cons. Just adding a feature for a detailed overview of all sessions will complete the app.

Vasanti

Extremely user friendly

Pros

From the first time I used Whova for a conference it was clear that it was a very user friendly app. Messaging and making connections is extremely easy. After a year of not using the app, and even having deleted and re-downloaded it, it remembered my login information and still had my old messages saved. I haven't used many of the additional features that the conference had enabled, but did look at them, and it has a lot of great networking capabilities. Definitely recommend both administrators orchestrating events and users to use Whova.

Cons

When using Whova on the desktop it does not sync well with updating that messages have been open on the app. It'll look like you have new messages even though you've already opened them. Additionally once you've messaged someone it doesn't indicate that until you go into the messages, or if you click "say hi" instead. I have decided to just use that messaging feature instead.

Hardeep

October 2022

Upgrade Options and Double Dipping Billing - Poor Customer Service

We hosted an event in August 2022. It was a successful event but unfortunately our experience with WHOVA was very disappointing. We procured the software and opted for 10 sponsor package. Then we upgraded to a 20 sponsor package and paid the difference in pricing. Fortunately, we went over 20 sponsors and then called WHOVA to upgrade us to the unlimited package. To our surprise, they would not allow us to upgrade to an unlimited option. They wanted to keep the fee for the 20 sponsors and then we had to pay close to another $2k for the unlimited package. We protested this with them since this is double dipping. We had about 5 more sponsors over the 20 we had paid for. We are therefore very disappointed with their approach. We sent numerous emails to our sales person as well as the supervisors in charge as well as their general email ID. Not one email or phone call was received back from them to even have a discussion so that we could bring closure to this.We are a small not for profit run by professionals and 100% voluntary. It is for this reason, we thought to share our concern and experience so that anyone else who may be looking for event management apps is aware upfront. We are happy to share our experience with anyone who may like to know more at [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

The software overall has the functionality needed for a small to mid sized event. However, the user interface is not very inviting to the end user

Cons

Everything is being sold as add-ons. An event management software should have all of the basic functionality packaged in. The add-on features add to the total cost and the pricing overall does not become very transparent to the end user.

Reasons for choosing Whova

This was our first time and it had the features we looked for and the pricing. However, in the grand scheme of things we ended up paying a lot more since we had to pay twice per WHOVA's billing terms. Anyone looking to get WHOVA should make sure you understand their terms and make sure you do not get charged in the manner we were.

Erin

November 2022

Whova Leveled Up my Conference Experience

When getting ready for an upcoming conference, the event organizers suggested we as attendees install the conference app, Whova. I'd used similar apps in the past that were buggy, slow, and were honestly worse to interact with than the hard copy event agenda, so my expectations were not high. However, Whova blew me away. The ability to introduce myself to other attendees and see the organizations and bios of others helped me prepare for the conference in a way I had never been able to - I knew exactly who I wanted to network with in advance. I also loved the ability to customize my own event agenda, but still easily toggle back to the full agenda...we've all been in the situation at conferences where all the talks sound good and end up changing our mind, and Whova made that seamless. I honestly don't want to attend another event that DOESN'T use Whova. I loved it that much. I will note that it was clear our event organizers worked hard to make sure content was up to date, and they did a lot of legwork to get attendees to use the app - without that advance effort from the organizers I don't think Whova would have been optimally utilized and it could have completely changed my perception of the app. Go Whova and go conference organizers for making this awesome!

Pros

The networking! I loved that I could peruse attendees like I was scrolling through a mini LinkedIn and connect with them there. It not only made it easy to find the people I wanted to talk to during the conference, but also made it easy to find people again after the conference to add them on real LinkedIn.

Cons

While I liked the way you could take notes within each event space on the app, it would have been awesome to be able to link my notes and the pre-uploaded presentation to my own notes app. This is so minor, though.

Jason

Industry: Farming

January 2023

A great supplement for an event to support networking and community dialog

I really enjoyed how this app enhanced my experience of the NOFA Winter Conference

Pros

The software offers a range of ways to engage community dialog in and around an event. The range that participants can engage in creating dialog, discuss individual events, ask questions, and generally share information through this platform is quite handy. I made a number of connections through the app to meet at the conference ahead of time.

Cons

The leaderboard feature and gamification of community involvement in general feels false to me.

Noel

As a Conference Attendee, I Haven't Seen A Better Event and Communication App

Exceptional user platform for events like this conference.

Pros

I loved the visual display and ease of navigation through Whova, including connecting with others socially and through my speaking engagement page.

Cons

The front page of notifications (on the first day of the conference there were already 465 notifications - I couldn't get to the bottom of them even by the end of the conference. Probably an issue for the nature of psychology teachers getting together.

Steve

Event Navigation

Smooth, Seamless event management

Pros

Easy to learn and use for selecting from multiple options

Cons

I only thing that I would change is the comments section. Would have been nice to select topics to view rather than all.

Robin

OICWA conference

This is a great way to get folks to interact

Pros

The friendly competition on the app is a great way to network

Cons

The daily limit on comments and uploadsThere should also be some type of prize

Dell

Industry: Defense & Space

Whova was great.

Great!

Pros

Helped my conference experience immensely. Whenever I needed info it was in whova!

Cons

Could have had hours of hotel restaurants I guess.

Betty

Whova Makes You Smile

Overall, Whova was easy and fun to use.

Pros

This product was easy to use, and the meeting rooms and community channels helped connect with the attendees.

Cons

I would have liked to add a PDF presentation so the attendees could have access directly. Instead, I spent time looking for emails to do while I was at the conference.

A must have tool for event organisers

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Reasons for choosing Whova

Fast response in the inquiry and they offered a slightly lower price than the competitor. The key was they kindly sponsored our first use of the product (because of our limited budget). This was a great opportunity to test and love the product and their professional and enthusiastic customer service. It seems like an honestly customer-oriented app, and we hope the future updates will grow along with our needs as customers. For organizers, it is important to know before starting a new event, there is an event management app to rely on, rather than spending time searching for a new one each time.

Vinicius

September 2022

Review for Whova

It is a great product for access controls, permissions, attendance management and attendee tracking when it comes to event management software.

Pros

The product is easy to install, learn to use, manage, etc.. It has a very friendly user interface.

Cons

The product is easy to use, but some attendants have already complained about the way to access the events.

Reasons for choosing Whova

Strong access control/permissions and user tracking.

Competitive Event Platform

Overall I think that our attendees navigated the platform easily and were able to view our content, which is most important. It was much easier for our speakers to do their presentations as everyone is now accustomed to Zoom. Having Zoom as the background for live presentations was beneficial. Chat was available for help with questions, but they didn't always know the answers. I would either end up figuring it out or not using it. I think it will become more beneficial when we are hybrid and can use some of the in-person functions with their app.

Pros

It was an easy software to navigate. We previously used ON24 which was not as intuitive to navigate as Whova is. There are easy shortcuts when building the conference pages that made building the virtual platform easy and fast. They offer you a pre-made speaker and agenda page with different templates which were great as we embedded it into our existing website.

Cons

We did not know if we did not want the audience to see the speakers we would need to purchase the webinar function in zoom. We did not know this before we purchased the platform and were disappointed as we thought we were saving money from our last platform but we ended up spending extra anyway. Also not all the analytics were as detailed unlike our last platform. We did not like that we were unable to move tabs and icons such as the "community" which was not necessary for our event.

Reasons for choosing Whova

We did not like ON24's price and customer service. It was a lot of work to customize the page and it didn't have break-out rooms (at the time).

Kimberly

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Pros

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Lynden

Whoa! Whova

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Cons

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Kathy

Exceptional Value!

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Pros

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Response from Whova

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Replied March 2017

Gabriella

March 2022

Conferences made fun & functional!

Whova provides an incredible platform for guests to interact with one another. All guests were able to speak about current software usage concerns, likes, dislikes, organize meetups, provide recommendations, and just share fascinating facts about one other within the community. Within the app, attendees may send messages to one another and exchange information. Whova is a fantastic conference organization and communication platform. It gives you the ability to stay connected while also giving you the freedom to do so. Even after the conference, I can use the app to remain in touch with my new networking friends and send them messages.

Pros

I used this program before COVID-19 and found it to be quite useful. Now, even if/when planning an in-person event, I enjoy how simple it is to add digital and virtual elements. With all of the travel restrictions and extra health measures in place these days, it's easy to have everyone participate equally, whether physically there or not. I like how simple it is to exchange articles and other session materials, as well as notes and questions, with participants and speakers. The software promotes member connection by recommending chat rooms based on specific subjects, arranging meet-ups, and conducting polls.

Cons

The sheer quantity of features might be daunting at times, and having to continuously jump between two events to get the precise session or resource you're searching for can be rather inconvenient if you have two distinct events that function together. It would be great if there was a way to create a customized agenda that included all of your conference sessions.

Valerie