All Zoho Assist Reviews

Erick

Automotive, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2021

So far so Good for remote assistance

Pedro

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

I did'nt expect

I sell a civil engineering program and I've never had problems with it in the remote computer. My clients are very satisfied with the support service I provide them

PROS

To connect with the customer has, not one but very much ways and all are very easy. Never I disconnect to the customer It's very quick The support team is my God. They're there when the should be there One day I explained I had to copy the files in my ftp to download them after from the pc of my customer... They realized it didn't make much sense to charge for "file transfers" and put it on the "standard" purchase. I had a problem with my screen in 4K resolution and the next day they fixed it.

CONS

The keys are a problem. When I push the key the window which has the remote screen change its size... (only in maximized mode)...

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

There are very much products to remote access but I thought to begin purchasing the more cheap and I did'nt hope Zoho was so good... I remember I had other 3 products to try the next day, but it did'nt be necesary.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

first, to be honest... the price, and second and not less important, the TeamViewer accounting department leaves a lot to be desired... Very bad experience...

Reviewed December 2021

Easy to use support tool for unattended and ad-hoc support.

We use this tool alongside another to provide unattended and ad-hoc support to our customers and we also provide training over the same systems. We like some features in this software and other features work better in the other system we use, but both work well at a reasonable cost price.

PROS

The service has its own tools that you can install on the technicians computer for quick and easy support requests which also doubles up as a contacts database and and an overview of all the machines you have available for unattended access. These can be grouped to make it easier for large companies. The tools work well and most of the time the connection is very good. There is also a Google chrome add in that allows you access to the same information if you need to jump onto a machine without the software installed. There are a lot of addin for other software and helpdesk we use Freshdesk and can initiate a support call from there whilst logging a fault which is very handy.

CONS

It can have a habit of not connecting correctly and just gets stuck in a spin and you have to start the session again which can be a little annoying. It sometimes doesn't disconnect from the client and starts up again whilst in the middle of another session which can also be a bit annoying and the file transfer does not always work as the permission to send box gets hidden behind other windows.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

We had been using the other programs they offer including CRM, Email, online drive. The remote support system worked well alongside their other offerings.

Jason

Computer Hardware, 2-10 employees

Zoho Assist

Exceptional and had to use the customer service who were amazing

PROS

A nice platform with some good features easy for my clients to seyup

CONS

Well with anything the cost having said that is is reasonable

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

I liked the features and it was simple for my clients to connect

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

I was with them for 12 years the price went up each year but I didn't get anything extra for my Money

Thomas

Reviewed July 2016

Just about the worst support software I have ever had the misfortune of using

Based in a rural location, I have been providing technical support to my clients for over 10 years now. Having initially used pCAnywhere, I quickly switched to a SaaS solution from Citrix which worked tremendously well at a price and offered fantastic features. I begun to investigate alternatives some 3 years ago and came across the Zoho offering and registered as a Beta user on the understanding that the software may be problematic. It was fantastic and so when the Beta test finished I subscribed to their offering. Since then things have gone downhill from the deletion of all my unattended machines (with the embarrassment of asking clients to help me reinstall the software). I am currently experiencing a whole range of issues that affect about 50% of all my remote sessions; as a small business this is a disaster - I am unable to provide satisfactory service to my customers which is compromising my reputation. To be fair, they do fix issues when I complain, but it is often "we found some issue and moved you onto another server..." and then more issues crop-up.

PROS

Inexpensive, Reasonable Customer support Attended system is okay

CONS

Keyboard on iPad pro does not work (on screen keyboard does) Was advised to stop using Chrome extension (which I liked) and use the desktop app instead. The desktop app is about as stable as Homer Simpson after a donut and beer binge. Desktop app require frequent restarting. Sessions abruptly finish and impossible to reconnect without asking client to reboot their machine (and this does not always work). Unattended component is diabolical

les

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Zoho Assist

I really like the price and how it just works. No version issues or customer updates. OR the customer does not need a login. NOTHING, it just works easily.

PROS

that is works, I like both unattended support and the Assist session. customers find it easy to just go to join.assist.com and get it going. I will be using the integration into my web site soon also.

CONS

I wish I could just copy / paste files BUT file transfer does work. And I get the job done.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

price and ease of use. Then I found out that it just works every single time. love it, when it just works. I am doing tech support, I don't want to fight with my support tools also.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

don't like their prices and Zoho is way easier to use for both me as the tech and the customer.

Pat

Computer Software, 1 employee

Does just what I need

Just as much as I need without being overly complicated. Easy email link for remote session start as well as starting from a web page if email is not available.

PROS

I do remote computer support for home users and small offices. This software is easy for me to start the remote session and is responsive in use. The price is an excellent value for the small company that I have.

CONS

I have had some trouble with the support session continuing after a restart. Easy enough to start a new session.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

This was a better value for my needs. Easy to use.

Mario

ACCESS WHEN TRAVELING EUROPE

It was the right product to address my needs and it completely fulfilled my expectations

PROS

It provides me with instant access to my test server when traveling, even my recent to Europe, it works fine in every city I was at the moment, I was concerned on how to work but Zoho did a great job

CONS

Only at the initial setup adding technicians was a little tricky, but online assistance helped very efficiently

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

Price and ease of use, Zoho can be used with any internet browser

Lazaro

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Excellent platform

PROS

What I like the most is that you don't have to be an expert in programming or have advanced knowledge to use and configure the remote support system

CONS

So far everything I use seems good to me, it would only be better if I had some templates for the website and for users to request support

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

I needed a more professional solution and best

Howard

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

The best value

Stunningly easy to use for both myself and my clients.

PROS

It works as well as other more expensive remote support tools and is much cheaper. I don't know how other companies can justify their prices when you see how well Zoho assist works. It works with Windows, Mac and iOS. Better than switching to alternative tools for each platform.

CONS

Not found any major flaws yet. My only slight annoyance is that the codes to start the session are slightly longer than that used for Window Quick Assist. In order to make the session easier to start it would be easier if I could read a quick 6 alpha-numeric code than that required. (Especially if they could provide the radio-alphabet breakdown too)

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

1. Price 2. Single platform 3. Ease of use.

Pierce

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Zoho Assist

PROS

Cost is favorable Deployment through Intune is well documented Feels faster than remote support tools I have used before

CONS

Installation process is longer than tools I have used in the past

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Cost was prohibitive for a month to month contract

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

Cost was prohibitive for a one year contract

Frank

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Zoho Assist Is A Great Replacement for LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, and LogMeIn Rescue

It has been great. I had heard of them previously but never paid much attention to them. But they have a SHOCKINGLY comprehensive product offering between Zoho and ManageEngine. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a delight. He communicates very clearly and he delivers on his promises. In fact, that whole team has gone out of their way to help me understand the product and the feature pipeline. I trust this company.

PROS

I find the company behind the software to be the best thing about it. Specific to the software, I find the the Remote access and Unattended Access software to be a solid all purpose offering. But after many years of sudden price hikes and random product changes at LogMeIn ... I have learned that good software means nothing when the company behind it isn't a reliable partner. Zoho is a company that is more focused on the customer than the shareholders. And that's the kinda company that makes a good partner. Consider then company you're getting into business with ... that's at least as important as the product features.

CONS

My only two concerns were them being available during West Coast business hours and the lack of the ability to store computer login credentials (which will be coming soon in the next update) so I don't have to remember hundreds of complex passwords when the remote computer is locked

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Zoho offered MUCH better support for the iPhone in combination with better pricing. A lot of my work is done from my mobile device. I also prefer the no frills one-click quick access to the key features.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

LogMeIn raised their prices ... again. And they changed the structure of their product offering ... again. I can not build a business if the products I rely upon are constantly undergoing major price increases and feature changes. Plus the folks a LogMeIn are very adversarial. You know what I mean if you've ever been a LogMeIn customer and if not, hopefully you never learn.

Reviewed February 2021

Best remote support software so far.

Overall ease of walking a customer (especially the elderly) to be able to not only connect in the first place, but also complete security checks has been a breeze. We've been able to connect to devices that other techs using other tools have not been able to get a connection to.

PROS

Far reaching compatibility with devices, both on the tech end and the customer's end. Really easy to set up connections as well.

CONS

Not really a whole lot of cons. Would say graphics if I had to choose something but they have definately made improvements in the recent updates.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Ease of use, reputation, and cost. Being able to use the trial sealed the deal as it seamlessly integrated to our support environment.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

Needed to be able to support additional device types without having to go through a complicated set up each time we needed to make a connection.

Scott

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Zoho is ahead of the pack

This has been one of the best experiences I have come across in my 20+ years in this field. Everything from the deployment to the use of Zoho has been so easy and fluid that I haven't come across a single thing that I can complain about. I have been contacted by the company at various intervals to make sure that I don't need any assistance, and the one time that I did have a question, they were very quick to respond, and I mean within minutes of clicking the send button on the email. I was so impressed with their quick response time that I immediately called a colleague and told him about Zoho and he has assured me that he will be switching over when his current contract is up. All in all, this is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone that I know!

PROS

What did I like most about Zoho? The better question is, what didn't I like about Zoho? And the easy answer to that is...there honestly isn't anything that I use in this software that I do not like!!!

CONS

I can honestly say that I have not found any aspect of this software lacking in my needs. Everything is easy to use and if you find something that you are having difficulty with, there are plenty of videos and tutorials as well as clinics that you can attend online.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Price and ease of use were the main reasons that I chose Zoho over the others. I might look again after my first year on Zoho, but honestly, at this point there is no reason for me to even look!

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

TeamViewer just didn't have all of the options that I needed. And those that it did, were not as easy to use and required user input from the other terminal unless you went with the fully upgraded package which took it out of the running because of the high cost.

Kristofer

Reviewed October 2023

Hands Down the Best!

Zoho Assist helps us maintain our current monthly support clients as well as respond to new support calls because of its easy email/link to remote sessions.

PROS

The ability to use it from a Desktop App to a mobile device was a very important feature. It is very easy to use and very reliable.

CONS

Not much. It would only be a nuisance if you had to manage more than 50-75 computers since everything is listed on one screen. It would be nice to group computers into folders or sections to manage multiple companies. But if you are if you are running under 75 computers unattended, the search feature makes finding your computer very easy.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Zoho was just so easy to use and deploy. A critical feature was the ability to deploy to a new client over the phone or in an email without lots of instruction. Newer Mac users need a little guidance to get through the permission, but once that is done, it is done for good. Connecting to Windows devices could not be simpler.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

Logmein kept raising its prices each year without offering any additional value. When we compared what Zoho offered for a fraction of the cost, the decision to switch was a no-brainer

Shaun

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Extremely useful and easy to use

This is one of our strongest support enhancements in our portfolio. Naturally, with the exponential increase in remote work since 2020, this tool "paid for itself" within the first few months of use. It is preferred over Teamviewer based on price and features. Same capabilities, better pricing, more integration with our other systems.

PROS

Zoho Assist integrates with our Zoho-powered ServiceDeskPlus. From our ticketing system, we can start remote support sessions affiliated with a specific ticket.

CONS

The SDP-integrated aspect doesn't seem to recognize our paid subscription, and sometimes limits features that would normally be available if the connection were started from the ZAssist desktop app.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Teamviewer was too expensive.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

License expired. Teamviewer was too expensive.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

First impressions are very good

I would definitely recommend giving Zoho Assist a go and I've had good remote access experience with the desktop app. When stuck, the available online help has pointed me in the right direction. Certainly much cheaper than TeamViewer and much more straight forward interface.

PROS

Free trial; low cost to get started; integrates with Azure AD for user login; multi-factor authentication; remote access for Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, as well as Windows.

CONS

Difficult initially to understand departments and groups, and how to move devices between them. The web viewer did not provide a reliable remote access experience (the display often froze or lagged by seconds making remote access control impossible) however not had any issue with desktop app.

Reason for choosing Zoho Assist

Lower cost of ownership and remote access for Raspberry Pi.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Assist

TeamViewer subscription coming to an end and relatively higher cost to renew than Zoho Assist. Zoho Assist incorporates multi-factor authentication and integrates with Azure AD for easy login.

Rey