All ClickUp Reviews

Allen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

ClickUp Review: Jump Right In.

Ziva

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

ClickUp allows us to efficiently collaborate and manage our sales projects.

ClickUp has really helped us improve on the management of our sakes projects. It allows us to work together as a team and collaborate on all the tasks we have. The experience with ClickUp has been super beneficial and it has allowed us to have smooth flow of operations during projects.

PROS

ClickUp offers us a team working platform that help us to work together and collaborate on each single stage of our sales projects. It makes our team communications very smooth and clear to everyone. It has super amazing work organization tools that help us plan and organize our work in a more productive way. It allows us to bring all necessary details about our projects under one space which promotes easy access to everyone on the team.

CONS

It has been a fantastic experience with ClickUp and nothing has been amiss. There has been nothing no to love about ClickUp.

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Excellent PM Toolkit

Great resources so was easy to learn and impliment. Really enjoying the experience.

PROS

Ease of setup and use, has all tools needed to complete multiple projects.

CONS

No cons yet, still early days, working really well.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Simplicity and cost, it ticked 99% of our criteria.

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

A Pleasant Surprise Over Jira

My journey from Jira to ClickUp has been unexpectedly positive. ClickUp offers a user-friendly experience and cost-effectiveness that we appreciate, even though it may not be as feature-rich as Jira.

PROS

I've been using Jira for quite some time, but recently, I decided to give ClickUp a try, and to my surprise, it's been a delightful experience. ClickUp's user interface is refreshingly simple and intuitive, making it easy for everyone on my team to get on board. One of its standout features is its affordability, which is a breath of fresh air, especially for smaller teams. ClickUp may not have all the bells and whistles of Jira, but it offers a solid set of project management features that are more than sufficient for our needs. The integration options are pretty decent too, allowing us to connect with the tools we rely on.

CONS

While ClickUp has been a pleasant surprise, it's not without its limitations. It may not match Jira's extensive project management capabilities, which can be a drawback for larger, more complex projects. Additionally, the reporting and analytics features aren't as robust as those in Jira, but they do get the job done. Integration with other tools, while adequate, lacks the seamless experience you'd find with Jira and its ecosystem.

Hey, Chris! Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about your experience. We're thrilled to hear that your transition from Jira to ClickUp was simple and pleasant! Our Support experts would love to learn more about the project management, reporting, and integration capabilities that you have been unable to accomplish in ClickUp compared to Jira. There may be some ClickUp features you haven't explored yet that can handle these needs, and they will be able to provide tips, tricks, and recommendations tailored to your unique use case! We're growing 1% every day and look forward to providing you with even more value as we continue to develop.

Replied October 2023

Thomas

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great project management tool for a startup or small team

Very positive and would definitely use it again in my new startup.

PROS

Pricing was very attractive if you sign for a year and a pre-determined number of seats. It was also great to be able to import and export from our other tools into ClickUp.

CONS

The speed of loading is quite slow and the short-cuts are not as extensive as Confluence

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Price, features and ease of use. Also, we thought CLickup would be faster than the slow loading of Jira / Confluence, but it was just as bad.

Future of Project Management

PROS

I love automation and how you can make any project's workflow go seamlessly without having to build a custom solution.

CONS

Some of the employees did not know English, and the Spanish version was not available until recently, resulting in a lot of errors.

Steve

E-Learning, 1 employee

Podcast/E-Learning Production Awesome-ness

It's the program I was looking for, and I don't use a team (yet), which is where it's spending most of its development time (understandably). If/when I am prepared to expand my business, ClickUp will still be the tool.

PROS

GANTT charts and dependencies, timelines and warnings, reminders of steps and re-usable templates episode by episode, online lesson production to next, ClickUp does what I need it to. Anything else is a stand-alone spreadsheet in comparison.

CONS

The initial interface for a new user is truly intimidating, and it doesn't have to be. ClickUp University does a fair job of leading folks through (but it was incomplete when I began using it). So prepare for a period of time for learning its functional power and versatility--and definitely engage the user communities on social media who are very helpful. Recommendations: Design an onboarding experience that shows a more rudimentary interface that increases in complexity as the user gets comfortable and engages new options; right now, it's the opposite: showing everything and having users slim down what they don't need.

Adam

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Clickup is an ideal platform for project management.

I have had a very nice and great experience with Clickup. It has ton of features to use and it seamlessly integrates with other softwares such as Microsoft Outlook, Gmail etc.

PROS

I have been using Clickup for more than 6 years and it has been of great help. It is one of the best tool for project management and it allows you to engage and interact with coworkers. I like how it allows me to manage, organize and plan my daily tasks with ease.

CONS

Clickup is amazing, robust and exceptional. Only that for new users, Clickup can be a little bit confusing to get started.

Nomusa

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

ClickUp for a better project management

ClickUp provides insights into project progress, team performance, and workload through customizable dashboards and reporting tools. This visibility allows stakeholders to make informed decisions and track key metrics.

PROS

ClickUp is accessible across devices, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile apps (iOS and Android). ClickUp facilitates collaboration through features like comments, mentions, and real-time editing.

CONS

Some users may have concerns about storing sensitive information on a third-party platform. Too much customization or complex workflows can lead to confusion or inefficiencies if not implemented thoughtfully

Rakesk

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Quite Responsive Multiple Marketing Projects Management Tool.

Impressive project data management and easy project reporting solution which allows easy employees data management.

PROS

ClickUp is a very easy and friendly product on manipulation and on project workflow and task management and even the scheduling using this platform is productive. The teams can easily collaborate and share important marketing content through this package and version control functions are perfect.

CONS

I got absolutely nothing which i can dislike from this platform and also the features performance is nice.

Kam Ling

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Align your tasks to your goals

PROS

While not a popular feature used, I like the goal-setting feature where I can align my daily tasks to the goals, ensuring what I work on on a daily basis are contributing to the bigger goal.

CONS

I hope it's easy to link a task to the goal from the goal page. So I can look at the goal, and think of the list of tasks I can work on today that will contribute to the goal.

Jing Feng

Maritime, 10,000+ employees

ClickUp Review

Overall I am having a really good experience with ClickUp and it really helps people from various fields work together on a project and view their tasks better.

PROS

I love the clean and intuitive UI of ClickUp. It's just so easy to view all of the tasks of various priorities, status and feature type at a glance. The beautiful UI makes it rewarding to use too. Despite having several "sprints" in my company, we are still able to find out the tasks which are completed in the past easily too.

CONS

Updates are frequent in ClickUp, and sometimes the UI temporarily becomes bad. Recently the filter row suddenly takes up a lot of space, making it difficult to view several tasks at once.

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

ClickUp is the best way to productivity

ClickUp's extensive features make it ideal for businesses who need to automate procedures and workflows and may serve a wide variety of customers. This works wonderfully for us as a business. For businesses with fewer customers and fewer personnel who need transparency and procedures, it may be overkill.

PROS

ClickUp is used to efficiently monitor tasks and time spent. ClickUp has been a fantastic assistance in supplying documentation and tracking right time on each work, as well as keeping the data logged securely so that we can examine it at any time.

CONS

It would be wonderful if the recurring tasks were less buggy. Automation software that makes use of pre-existing applications. Having a Reminder System That Works Outside of the House.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Before we started utilizing ClickUp, there was almost no transparency when it comes to employees knowing or comprehending their daily duties. It was also difficult to meet deadlines since project managers lacked the information they needed to see the status of their projects at a glance.

Fred

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

PROS

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

CONS

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Rudolf

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Best of all for tasks and project management

PROS

I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

CONS

Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

While I like the document-oriented approach of the other apps, ClickUp has one of the most mature task and project management products.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

While Asana is known for being slow in their development, ClickUp actually implements the features their users are asking for.

Olakunle

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

PROS

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

CONS

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Hey, Olakunle! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free! We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/ Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

Replied July 2021

Paddy

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Solid, constantly improving, one to rule them all

One of the few SaaS I chose to pay for instead of using the (well featured) free tier. Recent job needed non-user people to submit dietary requirements, 2 minutes later I had a form that crated tasks that were assigned to the catering manager who could then update their statuses as they made the necessary changes. Click-Up is almost a platform upon which to create custom line-of-bisiness applications, so rather than being bound to a particular tool's workflow/constraints you're always able to tweak any feature to fit your own way of working.

PROS

Like lists? Click-Up does lists. Like Gantt charts, done. Kanban boards? Yep. Need to see the calendar or some kind of timeline? Yep. Mind maps? Got'em. Whiteboards? Yep. Public forms? You guessed it. The bit where it gets useful is that they're all just views on the same underlying data, so everyone can work how they prefer. Automations are functional and included, big plus for project management. Updates are constant, with new features and integrations available to add/vote on.

CONS

The default UI is very low contrast and horrible. There are high contrast and dark modes, which I suggest for anyone wanting functionality. The power can make the tool seem a little daunting when you're getting started, but start simple then explore.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Right balance of price and functionality, and the active development of user-requested features means you always feel like you're getting value. It replaces a few other tools, too. Bug tracking, project management, etc.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Trello hit a ceiling pretty quickly - automations or getting data out or custom fields etc. Simple but inflexible by comparison.

Reviewed July 2022

Great small business management option.

PROS

As a small business owner I loved that I could use ClickUp to perform the task of several other platforms, which keeps my subscription costs down and all my stuff in one place. It can get overwhelming and unproductive having data in various different places, so ClickUp has been able to help us solve that problem.

CONS

Sometimes the system is a bit slow, but I believe they've done a lot of work on improving the servers lately to address this issue. The thing I like least isnt against the software, but rather that there is SO many options, so you really need to do some planning before you dive in, so you don't get overwhelmed and lost in the options. There is lots of YouTube videos with ideas, but really, you need to work out what will work for you and your business. Once you do that pre-work, it makes the setup and use a lot easier. No 2 businesses are exactly the same when it comes to requirements. Take the time to work out what works for you.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

None of these other programs met all my use-cases, ClickUp is the most successful so far - although still not 100% perfect, it's the best option i've been able to find.

Hey, there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied August 2022