Browse Polymail Reviews

Sheila from simplySHE design

Polymail - The email solution with great features, easy shortcut keys and less bloat than Microsoft.

Overall, my use of Polymail has been positive. As mentioned previously in this review, the tracking feature and the follow up feature is really what sets this software apart from any other email software on the market. As soon as Polymail can get an Android mobile version of its software developed and marketed to me, I will give this software 5 starts all around.

Pros

I love the the tracking feature - I can see immediately when the recipient has both read and/or downloaded any attachments to an email I've sent them. The software also has the ability to remind you to follow up with the email in three days if you have not had a response from the recipient.

Cons

I hate that there is no Android mobile version of this software - yet. I'm still stuck using Gmail or Outlook on my phone and the two do not sync up at all. If I read/send an email from Polymail, it will not show up on my phone at all.

Abbas from Masterkey

An email app with amazing potential for larger teams.

Pros

Being a very early started (back when it was free), i've loved Polymail's ability to fill the void that Mailbox left in our email workflows. It is an amazingly simple, easy to handle and clean email workflow tool. Standard snooze and remind options aside, i think they are onto something with the recent additions to Campaigns features and Salesforce.com integrations. They are excellent for a user within a sales organization who wants to super-charge their communication, outbound and email workflow.

Cons

The last pro is also a con, as the gradual shift from being a individual-user friendly tool to a SME or larger team focused tool becomes evident. I've been on their paid subscription, but it becomes harder and harder to justify just for the basics. Using more advanced features with Team and Enterprise plans end up being much more expensive, especially when you consider the cost of the CRM with it as well.

Bernd from photography

Industry: Photography

Great ideas - too many bugs

Excited at first and way too often frustrated with a bloated and unintuitive application. I only use it for "special" emails. When I really need to know if an attachment has been downloaded or when I need to get a message to many people.

Pros

Fantastic functionality. As a subscription customer you can see who and when someone opened your mail, if the clicked a link, downloaded a file - brilliant for business use. The campaigns and sequences are a great promotion tool.

Cons

The User-Interface is, to say it mildly, not very intuitive. Functions are hard to find. The worst part is, that it is too buggy. I get the feeling that they are too excited to launch new functions and ignore the basics of quality control. Two examples: You can no resize/scale images inside a message. But go ahead and send this message and open it in another email client: the images are distorted/stretched beyond recognition. This function should be disabled at this point. Images that I had added to a message that was sent out to many many people were missing, simply gone by the time the sequence was sent out. SO basically the message I created was altered by the system. A very serious bug. Should have never been released to the customers like that. Many little UI bugs that appear when you try to import and edit recipients for campaigns/sequences.

An email client that will probably become central to businesses

Pros

I've been using Polymail even before being available to the general public and I can say they listen to their users and they evolve very fast. The most important feature for me is the individual email tracking (if you send an email to multiple recipients, Polymail tracks each one of them individually, showing you exactly who read your email). It is invaluable for both sales and business emails. Also, the team added features that used to be part of separate platforms like the ability to send email campaigns directly from your address (great for sales), email sequences and team communication (so you can collaborate on emails with your team) - For us, Polymail is quickly replacing more expensive software such as outreach platforms or drip campaigns.

Cons

The sync between mobile apps and the desktop ones could be better (from time to time emails read on a platform don't sync to other platforms) - but they are improving.

Susan from Summa & Tony's Air Conditioning and Heating

Great product

We use it for everyone in our office. Overall it works great for us.

Pros

I love using Polymail. It is very user friendly. The initial set-up is easy and it has lots of features that make it a great product. I like the settings that show me when an email is read, when a document is downloaded, etc. They are constantly updating and adding new features.

Cons

I really don't have any thing that I don't like about this software. We have the upgraded version for a couple of us in the office which has more features - but it does cost, whereas the regular version is free.

Jeffry from MakeTechEasier.com

Polymail introduces the convenience of read receipt and reply reminder to the free users.

Pros

I've never realized that read receipt and reply reminder can be so helpful. While Polymail is a full-featured email client with tons of goodies, these two specific features are the ones that caught my attention. Never again I have to wonder whether or not my emails have been read. The app can also be configured to notify me if the recipients haven't replied to my emails in a set amount of time. Sure, many of today's email clients already support the features, but almost every one of them is paid. Polymail was the only free one (when it's first released).

Cons

At one time, Polymail decided to make many of its winning features available only to paid subscribers. The free version is still a capable email client, but it's now less attractive than before compared the competitions.

Ratko from EnCoCreative

The best email client you'll ever need!

I have 6 email accounts and don't feel like I have more than 1...

Pros

Ease of use. Design. Ability to add unlimited accounts. Feature heavy - everything you need with email. Keyboard shortcuts + mobile app shortcuts are amazing! Amazing customer support. Frequent updates. Great value for money!

Cons

A bit buggy from time to time. Lists / folders are combined for all account, if you want to use them for tasks or similar, it's harder.

Laura from lauraphillips.co.uk

Probably my favourite productivity app ever!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this app. Cannot recommend it enough if you want to be more productive.

Pros

It's so eay to get sucked into a blackhole with emails, but polymail makes it really easy to stay on top of them and not spend your whole life answering emails. I love that I can move my emails to be read on other days instead of constantly having to answer them as they come in.

Cons

When you search for lists to add your emails to, you have to type in the WHOLE name instead of a part search term - hopefully they'll fix that as the dev team are always adding new features.

Great UI, better features.

Pros

The UI is clean and enjoyable to look at. The best part is the email tracking. This is a life saver when it comes to the sales game. I now know when I'm bothering a customer or if they actually haven't seen the email yet.

Cons

There are a few bugs, but they are constantly updating. This is also a paid email client...

Nicholas from Red Cone Development

Another email client...

Pros

I love how Polymail looks and functions. All my emails come in looking great, and the UI is simple and intuitive.

Cons

I understand why they are doing it, but they are starting to add features that not everyone will use. There is no problem with that, but they don't offer a way to hide those features. When I first used Polymail I ended up canceling the service and was pretty upset due to such a buggy platform. They have since made large improvements and it is much better.

Robert from Afflux Studios

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Must have for long email threads

Overall my experience has been great with POLYMAIL, excited to see what new features they ad next!

Pros

The biggest pro for POLYMAIL is the thread feature. Im in long email threads, and need to recall something that happened earlier. POLYMAIL makes it super easy to recall that information like that of a text conversation.

Cons

I find the sync to be a tad slow at times, emails in my normal inbox come in faster, then in POLYMAIL. It is rare but happens.

Used to be better

The app is really slow to load and slower to auto read emails. I like it in theory but not in function. I wouldn’t personally pay for it.

Pros

I love having all my emails in one place instead of having to individually open them in browser.

Cons

I loved Polymail when it first came out. Then they started charging which wouldn’t be a bummer if the app wasn’t constantly breaking.

An amazing email client for productive people. Also great for small and large teams.

Overall, it’s a great email client for people who want to get things done and need to get through a lot of emails a day.

Pros

It’s a great email client that works very well across multiple devices. It has a very useful and featured packed free plan that can help you out if you are a startup or a small business just starting out. I use it on a desktop machine, a laptop, a tablet and a mobile smartphone. Works very well across them all. A great feature is that you have a main account that you log in into your Polymail and you have access to all of your email accounts and settings without doing anything. This makes adding a new device really easy as you don’t have to setup up all of your email accounts, signatures, aliases, etc every time. The app has a simple and intuitive user interface and the user experience is very well done. An amazing feature to mention is the email tracking that gives you notifications when the emails you’ve sent are read by the recipient. You have a lot of text and link formatting options that make your life easier. For paid plans you can see each time your email has been read and for how long, you can schedule emails in advanced, template responses and many other productive features.

Cons

There are a few things I want to mention here. First, the pricing is a bit on the expensive side if you need the features from the paid version. When having a group of emails in a conversation ( like a series of replies) some parts of the previous emails received can get hidden behind three small dots that are really hard to see. This can lead to actually not seeing all the information in the email you received. It happened to me with a client email and it was pretty embarrassing when we figured out that information was already in the email body. Also, some of the archived and deleted email might get stuck in your inbox despite going already through them. Closing and reopening the app usually does the trick. The sync between mobile and desktop apps need a bit more improvement as it’s a bit lagging.

Caitlin from FLDWRK

I cannot rave about Polymail enough!

Pros

Polymail is the most beautiful, efficient, user-friendly and simple-yet-robust email software I have ever used. The value of the free version is insane, but I loved it so much that upgrading to the amazing Pro features was a no-brainer. I love that I know when my messages are read by the recipient, it pulls in detailed contact profiles from them (with social profiles, etc.), I can snooze emails to be read later, I can schedule emails in advance, there is a surprising & refreshing amount of fonts & formatting options (and emojis!) I can use in my emails, I can easily unsubscribe from email, that I can organize all of my inboxes simply (and beautifully- did I mention the design is amazing?!!!), and my favorite pro feature of all.... canned template responses! I have several templated emails (where you can also add highlighted variables to change each time such as names, dates, prices, etc) that have saved me waaaay more time than i've paid for this software. It is truly a must-have for me in my personal AND business toolbox. Oh, and I love that I can do all of this via the app (for Mac & on my iPhone)!

Cons

Honestly? I really can't think of anything... this app is a game changer! The only thing I will mention that can be a little frustrating is anytime I open the keyboard shortcuts window on the app (It has TONS of shortcut options for a more efficient email workflow), there is no option for me to close out of it and I have to shut down the app everytime. Just a little minor bug though, other than that I have loved everything about this app!

Alexander from Freelancer

Promising email client software

Good email client software!

Pros

In general Polymail will be a great replacement for your pre-installed email client. It has modern and intuitive interface, nice features like scheduling to send your messages, ability to unite all your email accounts, and some nice paid special features like Campaigns, Team analytics, Statistics, etc.

Cons

I found existing pricing plans quite expensive. Not everyone can afford to pay per year for an email software. But what frustrates me the most are those multiple scrollbars. Sometimes it becomes impossible to scroll down to actually read a message. And this looks really disappointing considering the app's price. Hope guys from Polymail will fix this issue one day.

Kher Yee from GuavaPass

My preferred email client

Pros

It has a lot of good features even on a free tier. The feature that I really like is the read later. It allows me to defer some emails that require more time to digest at a later time.

Cons

Sometimes, searching through the emails is slow and the search result is not guaranteed. There are times when I could search for an email via the web interface of an account but couldn't find it in Polymail.

The best Email client... Period

Polymail is fast, easy to use, and gives you a powerful email client on your phone or laptop!

Pros

It has every feature I needed with a couple I now require. Email tracking, read later, send later, and all the hotkeys to never touch the mouse while checking your email.

Cons

In the early days it was a little slow. I felt like plowing through the inbox was a little slow simply because the application couldn't keep up.

Adrian from Springlab

easy client to use with great features. new kind of Slack but for external communication.

better productivity.

Pros

Tracking, follow-up features and star threads are good. Also, I like the profile window on the right side.

Cons

Bad search functionality and sometimes it feels like as if Polymail has sync issues (this happened in the past) . "Search function" needs to be improved. Maybe introducing tags or hashtags I would find very useful (---> like Wunderlist, Evernote, Slack). Also, I would prefer a more SLACK design/feature approach. If you guys manage to do what Slack did for internal communication but this time for external communication----> awesome :)

Ben from In-Game Technologues, Inc.

Makes every work day 2x more productive. Helps me organize all my accounts. Is powerful!

Pros

Organization. Read receipts. Cutting edge tech. Customer service. It syncs perfectly with my phone and computer. They're always coming out with new features and updates design. The undo button is a life saver

Cons

Wish there was a web app. The search within the app isn't very good. I sometimes will find myself going to gmail native to search for things.

Catherine from Song Tea

My all-in-one email client

Pros

Stunning UI. Incredibly full feature set for the average consumer (create drafts, offline mode, labels, stars, send later) and a developing set of features for serious users who spend the majority of their day in emails (salespeople, etc).

Cons

Writing drafts is kept on their own servers and doesn't get pushed to the original email host. I've needed to access a draft from Gmail a couple of times, but it wasn't there (because it's only available via the Polymail app).

David from DTAdvisory

Industry: Biotechnology

The BEST native email app for macOS/iOS.

I can use a beautifully design & nice to use mailer with awesome & native functionalities. I'm still waiting for a Windows native app to use it at work because I want to get rid of MS Outlook. Thanks to the team, the product is great & the support is awesome!

Pros

It has all the features I'm looking for that normally are options/plugging for other clients or webmails... And the roadmap is amazing

Cons

The price is a little too high for the pro/team version... but definitively worth it. The freemium business model is great.

Kong from Jumpcut

The smoothest and most well-designed email software I've ever used (and trust me, I've used many).

Real time activity tracking, follow up reminders, contact profiles, and beautiful design.

Pros

Real time activity tracking, campaign performance tracking, follow up reminders, contact profiles... what isn't there to like?

Cons

No Polymail app for Windows yet (I'm a Mac user myself, but my company makes me use a Windows laptop)

Maxim from Freelancer

Very good replacement for default email client

Pros

Polymail will be a great replacement for your default email client. Besides of basic functionality it contains useful extras

Cons

The pricing plans are quite expensive for such kind software. Also there's no way to buy a stand-alone license, only monthly or yearly subscription :(

Maria from Freelancer

Powerful email client

Good email software

Pros

Polymail will be a great replacement for your default MacOS email client. Very powerful tool with clean design and many features.

Cons

Most of these extra features are available exclusively for paid licenses. I'd like to get some of them in the free version.

Daniel M. from Acts 13 Network

Way better than Apple Mail

Pros

I really dig the organization of the app, the fact that it syncs across all devices, and that it helps me track read receipts easily.

Cons

Some of the features that I would like to have access to are for premium users. But, they are not gamechangers.

Arun from Triffly Media

Industry: Newspapers

Polymail is the best email app you have been missing out on

My email management has improved a lot over time with Polymail. Their native Mac app is super slick and is a must-have!

Pros

The user interface is so slick and fast that I find it hard to switch back to emails on the web browsers. Read receipts and contacts are handy too!

Cons

The pricing could be better. Their free premium experience by inviting users works for me for the time being. I am sold if they could name their pricing better.

Carlos Eduardo from Coopers Digital Production

Great option for Apple users

Pros

It was my go-to mail application for a long time, both in iOS and macOS, since it offered nice features not present on default Apple Mail apps.

Cons

What made me choose it instead of Airmail, in the past, was the ability to know when users opened the message, but it's no longer a free feature. It was the reason to use for Polymail in my opinion, but now I can't see why to use it anymore.

Otavio from Nvestly

Powerful, high value tool. Simple to use.

Pros

Very easy to use. Has all the features I need that other companies have (Yesware, Boomerang, mixMax) but with easier interface. Also available as an app on both desktop and phone this is huge. Very excited about the prospects for this company.

Cons

It would be great if there was a web interface, too. Earlier iphone app crashed sometimes, but seems to be getting better.

Karen from The May Creative

Email management great for teams

Overall, my experience has been good, Polymail also has a nice on-boarding process to help you get familiar with the settings, etc. It's definitely a top-quality email application.

Pros

I like the features of Polymail - they really focus on making sure you are spending intentional time with your inbox mail. It's great if you have a team of people working together and you often find yourself having conversations around what is being sent. It almost gives you a way to do project management from your inbox.

Cons

The interface though modern can seem cluttered especially on smaller laptop screens. I wish there was a way to collapse some of the side panels to allow for more space. Also, the icons can be overwhelming at times.

Parth from SRM-IST

It is one of the best mail clients I have used so far

Pros

The best thing about this software feature is the ability to track mails, get notified if a person has read your mail or not. Apart from that it has an amazing UI.

Cons

The one thing I hate about this software is it is sometimes slow. It takes time to refresh on a slower network. Also it takes a bit of time to get hold of the software

Expensive, Extremely Buggy, Poor Customer Support

This product would be much better if they were able to fix all of the issues mentioned above. Some of those issues are serious, like the syncing. Customer support tell me they're working on it but I never hear back from them other than that. Been living with the issues for many, many months while paying for the service.

Pros

- Nice simple UI - Message templates - Keyboard shortcuts - Signature sign-off

Cons

- Not all emails are synced, some missing from inbox - More syncing issues when used across multiple devices (sent messages) - Search function is terrible - Does not honor replyto: in the message header. Basically you're screwed if you're using a contact form submission service like jotform.

lily from Ernst & Young

One of the Best Email Clients that I've Ever Tried

Pros

Polymail gives you everything that you've ever wanted from an email client, including handling multiple email accounts and read receipts support.

Cons

Ever since Polymail focuses more on team users with multiple team members, it kinds of forgetting the individual users. Some of the free features are now paid.

One of the best email apps I've ever used

Pros

Full of features, and the UI/UX is similar to Mailbox back in the day - it's amazing and does more than I need from an email app.

Cons

Some UI bugs, screens glitch out, loading takes awhile (sometimes), but overall these issues are not enough of a problem to stop me from using the app.

Ellen from Bienville Software, Inc.

Changed my business

It's really helped us juggle our multiple clients across multiple email accounts. I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

There are so many things to like about Polymail. For me, the biggest benefit is the "undo send" feature, that allows for you to stop an email from sending within 30 seconds of hitting send. It's helped me catch incorrect information, embarrassing spelling mistakes or allowed me to rethink wording.

Cons

Every one in a while, I get this bug that starts writing over the following text when I move in my cursor in the middle of a line of text. It's usually solvable by shutting down and reopening the program.

Oksana from Freelancer

Great email software

Pros

Excellent tool for your private and corporate conversation. Very clean and fresh design. Minimalistic and powerful at the same time. Intuitive interface, many features, most of each is paid, however. Anyway, it will be a great replacement for a standard mail client on your Mac.

Cons

Polymail app is a Mac-only software, and there is no a Windows version :( Another its disadvantage is that the price of the premium version is too high.

Greg from Candid Campus Tours

Polymail is a great service - if you can afford it

Pros

- Great design - Generally, it is pretty easy to use - Embraces the apple ecosystem (available on mac and iOS and syncs seamlessly) - Great email marketing tools: tracking who opened it, sending reminder follow ups, and scheduling are all great additions I was actually involved in the beta-testing stages of Polymail and it has really come a long way! From starting out as a consumer focused product, this tool has really grown to become a business focused solution to email qualms, and I think it does that well. I highly recommend at least using the free trial.

Cons

- pricing: without extended use, it is hard to justify spending money on an email client. This deserves to be paid for, make no mistake, but without a proper, in-depth use of the free trial, I think some users will be left with a "meh" feeling - Not on Windows, which is a shame because of how many enterprise services use Windows

Mayo from LBPP-LIA

One Of The Best Unified Inbox Email Client

Pros

Polymail is email client build for team collaboration. It's like Slack from an email client perspective. So instead of trying to eliminate email, it enhances email management with the ability to collaborate with others.

Cons

The cost is calculated per user. The bigger your team is, the more you need to pay.

Noah from Hire Noah!

This is my favorite mail app until they went all premium.

Pros

The best suite of options for mail app I could've ever asked for. Custom snooze function, read notifications, multiple accounts, etc.

Cons

Unfortunately, when they came out of public beta, their price for service was way too high. The monthly fee for poly mail does not justify the suite of options it has.

Rigger from Aliantec 200

polyanswer with polymail

It is a solid application, the mail tracking tools are excellent.

Pros

It allows you to customize the sending of mass emails, it is also very efficient in tracking email, since any device is easy to use.

Cons

Some of their plans are very expensive compared to other programs in the same field. The program has minor errors. The interface design is a bit confusing for novice users.

Megan from Love to Launch

Amazing!!

Answering and organising emails is so much easier,

Pros

Polymail is incredible - it brings all my different emails into one inbox and allows me to sort them into categories

Cons

It took my a short while to learn about the full functionality of the site, but there was helpful tips for that

Great support!

Pros

It's so pretty! Seriously, I love the interface. It works really well and it runs pretty smoothly. It's very easy to sort mail.

Cons

It's sluggish. Not sure if it's my 5 year old MBPro or that the app is just that way. Sometimes it gets hung up and it reminds me of WindowsXP.

Ashish from LawTrades

Polymail is good, solid software tool.

Pros

- Really nice UI/UX - The feed - Makes you want to keep sending emails once you try it out - Good customer support

Cons

- That it doesn't integrate with SF like Yesware does - I had a few instances of the product just unexpectedly shutting down -

good integration across products

Pros

sales communication is easy, and its great that it syncs to salesforce so you can manage tasks

Cons

it can be tough to migrate from another software where you have folders etc set up, this could be improved

I really love PolyMail.

Pros

I was on the hunt for a new Email Client for MAC OS and Polymail was one I really enjoyed using. I appreciated its clean modern look and it's ability to let me focus on my emails at hand rather than managing a ton of email.

Cons

Again, love Polymail but it's pricing model was a beat steep for my case use and reverted to an alternative free platform.

Nicholas from Church Community Builder

Crazy good Email Platform

I love the interface, I love how it integrates with other software. I just can't justify paying for email software.

Pros

The interface is a thing of absolute beauty!

Cons

I don't like having to pay for an email client.

My Experience with Polymail

Overall, I think the functionality and features works. I would give it a 7/10. However, I wouldn't strongly recommend to my friends because a lot of good features are only with paid plans.

Pros

- Functionality; they have what I need - Templates function - but this is only for paid plans unfortunately - Read later function

Cons

- Not being able to print in a nice format (Eg. I refer to Spark as a nice format) - The processing time is slightly slow when viewing emails

Retno from LBPP LIA Bogor

Industry: Architecture & Planning

One of the best email clients that I've tried so far

Pros

Feature-wise, Polymail hits all the right buttons. It's an unified inbox client that can manage all of your email accounts under one roof. But what it excel at is the teamwork feature. You can collaboratively work with your co-workers on clients emails.

Cons

If you are only using it to manage your personal emails, it would be more or less just another email client.

Very useful, still working on bugs.

Pros

Polymail is an incredible mail client, with built-in read receipts, analytics, and more. I'm a big fan. I still use it on my phone and love it though.

Cons

I tried to use their desktop application, and that had some syncing issues. It's been a month or so though, so I'm hoping it's improved!

Too Complicated

Pros

The design of the software was really clean and sleek.

Cons

I didn't feel that Polymail actually solved any of the issues it claimed it would.