(4,144)

4,144

(1,756)

1,756

• Pros

• "Works every single time. Great sound quality and very clear video. Love the ease of use. "

• "Really easy to use and pick up on, great interface"

• "This software is great, it works consistently, is easy for my clients to use and provides many great features "

• Cons

• "There are connectivity issues sometimes, but they are very rare. When issues do arrive they are able to be resolved quickly"

• "Every aspect of this software is amazing, the only thing i would like improved is that the video if the group is large often freezes and lose connections. "

• "Although if offers features for sharing your screen such as other documents, presentations, and even video, the controls for switching between could use some work."

Browse Zoom Reviews

Andrew from University of Arizona - Phoenix

Webconferencing for the agile workplace

I use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.

Pros

ZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very helpful as well, you can switch between a presentation, to video conferencing, and teleconferencing with single commands. Other users are presented with a simple and intuitive dashboard to allow them to share and participate. I have never run into a technical issue that wasn't easily overcome, and almost never had any issues during a presentation. Participants have a wide array of participating as well, with a helpful and discrete chat box and ways to "jump-in" without needing to pause the conference.

Cons

Audio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Web Conferencing tools were not as useful, recording meetings was not as easy. Users had more difficulty understanding the icons used, or did not associate Skype with webconferencing, and as such would not use the product.

Gabriella from GABResources

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great connection!

I recommend Zoom meetings, it works and it's continually being improved!

Pros

There are many benefits that Zoom has over its competitors, which I only started appreciating after adopting it as my primary video conferencing program. I found that Zoom connects well even when my connection is not that strong. If the connection is bad, I normally get a pop-up message letting me know that my connection is unstable. This is very helpful because I do not have to try troubleshoot while busy in a meeting. If my connection completely dies and I am booted out of a meeting, when my connection comes back I am seamlessly let back into the meeting without having to restart the session.

Cons

I feel setting up the mic and speaker could be improved, maybe by adding a quick guide within Zoom or a link to one. It would also be nice if Zoom could be able to pick up only speakers and mics that work? I have three speaker options and only one works but Zoom picks all three up, meaning I have to test my speaker each time I start it. The nice part is more often than not it remembers the speaker option I used the last time. It would also be nice if there could be a Zoom call? not have all communication as meetings to be joined.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

I became familiar with Zoom from working with different organizations that preferred it, I then started appreciating the advantages it has over other programs.

Magly from Westinghouse Electric Company

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent alternative for better communication

This communication tool has greatly changed the way my work team communicates with people inside and outside the company facilities, it has also helped me a lot in the way of training staff. And make remote conferences where it is essential to send and receive files.

Pros

Among the features that I like the most about this video conferencing tool is that it allows me to have total control over the functions that a room can have, for example the number of users allowed, and to be able to mute the audio of anyone in the room. But in addition to this, I really like the functionality of being able to create pop-up alerts and notifications that are very useful to notify team members or clients when a live conference is coming.

Cons

Few things I could say that I dislike about this video conferencing tool but among them is the problem of poor integration with Office documents and I also think that it is a very populated tool which means that it can freeze on certain occasions this could be due to the fact that there are many people in the same room or maybe the quality of the internet.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

The main reason why the IT department decided to change of videoconferencing tool is that the limit of users allowed in WebinarJam did not cover our work needs, in addition to lacking basic functionalities such as being able to view the profile of each user and not have audio or two-way video.

Kristin from Willamette Dental Group

Zoom Meetings and Chat Review

We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pros

Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Cons

There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Cost and interactivity functions.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Mitel wasn't meeting our needs and Zoom seemed to fit our functionality requirements better.

Better Than Many of Their Competitors, but Not Great

While Zoom is far from perfect, they are infinitely better than so many of their competitors that you can forget about most of their shortcomings. Except for one major one - their user interface. It's horrible. And I have not noticed any discernable upgrades or enhancements to really any aspect of their product over time. It appears they have a If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It philosophy, but there are things that maybe aren't broken but have major room for improvement.

Pros

Of all the video conferencing tools out there - and there is no shortage of them, either past or present - I have to say that Zoom works probably the best as far as logging in and everything working. Everybody who has ever attended a video conference knows the headache and utter waste of time known as "technical difficulties" especially those that arise at beginning of any video conference. This person's video isn't working; that person can't hear. You keep getting disconnected. Zoom somehow avoids this most of the time and that rarest of all things usually occurs - video conferences start on time.

Cons

If you have any more than say three - max four - participants, you're going to go crazy trying to include and see everybody at once. Yes, it's okay when whoever is speaking is shown front and center, but when you're speaking and want to gauge everyone's expression and just see everybody as though you are in the same room with in person, Zoom's Brady Bunch opening from Hell interface will literally drive you mad.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom had a larger presence in the industry and people are more apt to participate if it's with a product they know.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

GoTo Meeting rarely worked well. Headache after headache left me desperate for a new solution.

Roxanne from ODPEM

Zoom make social distancing easier

I knew about zoom before this pandemic. However, I became a frequent user since the pandemic and the lock down. Apart from the few issues I had which most of them minor the software was quite useful and I benefited alot from using it.

Pros

Being that our new normal at work is to work from home most days it made meeting much easier. I really love the fact that all we had to do is send a link for everyone to be joined without an hassle. Zoom can be used for multiple purposes and not just for meetings. It is used for online learning, preventing students to have to be face to face with their peers and their teachers. It is very user friendly. Another pro is that you can share multiple screens and it allows virtual background which is top tier. The virtual feature of hand raising is amazing Especially in schools and meetings.

Cons

Even though this software is on it's way to top tier there is still some areas that could be improved upon and they are: 1) it should be clear on how you turn on your mike 2) you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use customer support and when you do (at least when I do) there is no customer support 3)there should be an option for you to share and communicate with persons you are waiting. 4)the virtual backgrounds could be a bit clearer or look a bit more realistic

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

I love that all I needed to do was send a public link to the potential participants of the meeting and they could easily be joined instead of asking persons for their user name. The maximum amount of persons that can join on skype is 50 and our organization is bigger than that amount. While zoom can accommodate over 50 participations and more than 10 screen videos at a time. I really liked that you can divide participants into groups when using zoom.

Dylan from Rhose Island School of Design

Zoom for Campus

Very good experience. Intuitive to new users with enough power and flexibility for larger Webinars and advanced settings.

Pros

Flexibility in assigning licenses across users on an as needed basis. We are a smaller campus with about 3000 students, faculty , and staff using Zoom daily and the cost benefit of not having to have to own more licenses than we really need is a huge help on the budget side. It does require a little more administration effort keeping track of who needs the licenses when but Zoom interface is easy for managing the movement.

Cons

I do have concerns with the limited capacity for multiple users to have control over meeting/webinar settings. You have to be at an administrator level to make changes in someone else's Webinar settings for example. It would be nice if your co hosts had access to any Webinar they where invited into(with restrictions). We also get occasional confusion around the invitation links for panelists vs attendees vs co hosts. As the organizer yo do not have access to the text of the email they received on your behalf so troubleshooting can be tricky.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Easier to use interface, better account and cost terms for large user group that included faculty, staff, and students.

Douglas from Ripple street

Best video conferencing service

Zoom helps my colleagues and I easily communicate via video with clients, prospects and colleagues. I also use it for personal use with friends and family which is nice. Zoom has made video conferencing much easier and more enjoybale.

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use and much more reliable than some of the other services available. I've never had it crash or freeze on me. Anyone can join via the web option. It integrates easily with email clients such as Outlook.

Cons

Customizing your experience can be somewhat confusing for some people which is disappointing. But just straight up using Zoom for its primary purpose is easy and the best available.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom is more reliable, easier to use and easier on your computer.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom is more reliable, doesn't freeze and can bu used with anyone that has internet access and doesn't have to download software.

David from Sporting Bears Motor Club

Industry: Fund-Raising

It's the default, and works!

Like many others during the pandemic I've been "forced" to use Zoom, and other chat services. However, it really is dead simple to use, and has made me re-think my need to travel once the crisis is over. The experience is excellent, especially sounds and video, so I will surely use it far more from now on.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to install, has lots of fucntionality, good quality video and is secure. I particularly like the breakout rooms, and the ability to message during conferences. The backgrounds settings are great too!

Cons

I would love it to be more integrated into collaborative solutions, along the lines to Teams, Slack etc. The free version is nice, but 45 minutes is very limited, but better than nothing, but not as good as free like some other packages out there.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

I found Webex to be clunky, slow, poor quality and lacking many of the functions and features that Zoom offers by default. I am sure they have "upped their game" since then, but for now it is no contest.

Ivan from COMFAMILIAR

Zoom es una herramienta completa y robusta

En algunas ocasiones se realizan capacitaciones y asambleas donde participan muchas personas, Zoom ha demostrado robustez y calidad tanto en video como en audio además de poder guardar en nube todo lo que se graba en la reunión.

Pros

Tiene todas las herramientas que necesitas para dirigir y controlar una reunión, aun si hay muchos participantes, funciona con velocidades de internet bajas y aun asi te ofrece la mayor calidad posible.

Cons

Algunas de las funcionalidades avanzadas presentan bugs, he configurado algunas reuniones pero al momento de iniciar reunión a veces no concuerda con la configuración realizada.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Comprobó ser robusta y de calidad aún en condiciones difíciles con reuniones de muchos participantes.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Se necesitaba de herramientas que permitieran la gestión de los participantes a la reunión de una mejor manera también por que para algunas asambleas era necesario más de 100 participantes.

Aryan from Technojam

A perfect solution for virtual meetings and sessions.

Overall, we are quite happy with the experience. The software is easy to use, has a mobile app and any user can join the meeting through a browser without downloading the software. These features helped us in gaining the audience and simplifying the process.

Pros

Zoom was one of the first choices we had in mind when selecting a platform for online meetings and sessions dusting the lockdown. Our main reasons for going with Zoom was it's intuitive UI which is simple and accessible for any a beginner and experienced user. It has some extra features when compared to other conferencing platforms, like the ability to write on top on of screen, scheduling multiple meetings, chat with a specific individual during a meeting etc.

Cons

The meeting recording is created with an unfamiliar video format due to which it has to be processed and converted to conventional formats such as MP4 for uploading it on any social media. One more thing which we didn't like was that any user can join the meeting with any name, disturb the meeting and leave. The meeting organizer won't be able to find his info.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Cisco had a very small userbase which limited our audience and Google meet lacked some of the features. Zoom has all the features we wanted and has a very large userbase which allowed us to get the audience we wanted without any hassles.

Fazl from 360Factors

Zoom Meetings

I have been using this tool since the start of my job at 360Factors and we use this tool to communicate with internal teams based in USA and Pakistan. We also use it for communication with clients, especially when we require for the customer to show us their screen so that we can get a perspective of what issue they are facing so that we can provide effective and specific support.

Pros

With this tool we can join voice call, video call and chat within the call and we can also send messages to people who are in our contact list even though we are not on the call.

Cons

The unpaid version call lasts only for about 40 minutes when there are more than 2 users in the meeting room.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Teams consume too much memory and it even slows down our system which leads to system heating up and applications crashing.

Trevor from MarkMonitor

Zoom - Virtual Meetings for everyone!

Zoom is a must have for many businesses where remote work has become more prevalent in our lives. These virtual meetings must be reliable and Zoom does a fantastic job with keeping up.

Pros

Zoom is super easy to learn and use. Kids use it for school, and many businesses are using it for virtual meetings. During these times Zoom has made a great resource to allow people to connect and share ideas without being in person. Zoom is also extremely reliable and can handle a lot of people in meetings with crystal clear video and solid audio!

Cons

They were having connectivity issues at the beginning of a big influx of users, but they have fixed those issues.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Webex was too expensive for our organization and was more difficult for clients to use.

Aris from POWERPC

Great for Company Meetings

We can discuss our work and finish some assignments, cooperate with other employees and split in different rooms to work some solutions. I think these features are not easy to find elsewhere, they are carefully studied before deployed to the end-user.

Pros

The split screen is very useful for screen sharing it help us with our company meetings. Also now that we are working from home the virtual background help us change the scenery behind us to make things look as better looking as possible.

Cons

One thing that we are looking forward to see is similar UI between PC-Android-iOS. Some members are finding it difficult to do things we instruct them to because the UI is different than our devices and it's a little confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Because we had connectivity issues as well as some features were missing that we needed for sure!

nadiya from University of Florida

Great seamless features (but missing a few)

Zoom has been a game changer and has elevated the classroom expereince.

Pros

Zoom has a lot of great videos conferencing features. Reactions, virtual backgrounds, chats, recording co-hosting, breakout rooms. Whats even better, is the administrator of the calls has a lot of freedom for how to set up calls. You can have participants hidden to one another (like a webinar), you can have the chat disabled between participants or entirely. Even their post call features are useful. You can see who attended, you can password protect the recording, and you can have a transcription of the recording. I especially like that participants can call in with a phone, laptop, tablet, or any device.

Cons

While the features are all great, there are a few missing that would really make it the top conferencing option. One would be built-in meeting notes (like mircosoft teams). Another would be live captions for audio-impaired participants. And finally, I wish there was an option to reduce the quality of your video, because with higher HD devices, Zoom sucks all the bandwith of internet and makes it impossible for other devices to browse or stream. However for many meetings video is required so participants cannot turn off their video.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Easier to integrate with existing users.

WENDY from MCJO ACADEMY SDN BHD

Assessible, Simple & SUPER Customer Support

Overall, I would say I love everything about ZOOM and I should say thanks to this software that our shift from our offline course to online can be so easy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access Zoom app. My targeted customers are mostly housewives who are fairly new to technology and apps. Zoom comes in as an easy access for them as all they need is just a click on their unique link which could easily land them to the Meeting room. Simple Register Page I also like that I could create a simple lead page for my registrants. Although my company is not using that feature, knowing that there is such function which you can also personalize it with your own logo is pretty good as anyone who is trying to hold a zoom meeting with some own personality can easily do it themselves. Smooth Streaming The streaming of zoom is also ne of the applaudable factors of this software. So far, with a steady Mbps on our side, the resolution and sound are just things you don't complain about at all. Flexibility in Muting and Turning on Camera As the host, we can easily mute our guests and turn off their webcam through the Zoom settings. And when it comes to the time to interact with our guests, we can easily unmute them to speak! Awesome Customer Support!! And I should say Zoom has great customer support as well. They are always on a standby mode ! There was once I was trying to look for my registration page but I failed so I quickly contacted the support team and straight away they came to the rescue and pin pointed my problem and assisted me that I had mistakenly unticked the registration box. Very helpful indeed!

Cons

I have to hesitate here for a few seconds to actually think of the downsides. But they do have a couple of things that I would like to see that could be improved by Zoom. The ability to save the CHAT HISTORY. As we are trying to close sales through our webinar, and since there's no way to take down the potential clients who have responded in the chat, we have to manually write their names down to contact them once again without ending the meeting first. If only we could save the chat history, perhaps that would really help us a lot in following up with our potential clients. A short clip on how to turn on the camera and connecct the audio. Every time before we start our webinar course, we have to educate/inform our students on how to connect their audio. I will always be the one to teach the steps in utilizing the tools in zoom which would take up a good 10minutes. If only we had a short professional clip by Zoom to send to our participants, that would save up so much time!

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The ability to integrate using Zapier to cut off the manual tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

I had problem in integrating our landing page to Webinarjam. As we had already installed our pixels in our landing page and we were looking for a platform where we could easily link with our webinar but Webinarjam could not offer that function. Hence, we switcted to Zoom and used Zapier for the integration.

Virtual Learning

Overall this has been a good option as our schools have moved to virtual learning. It is easiest used among adults and is very simple to use.

Pros

Zoom is a great way to connect with others when video and audio are necessary. It is great for meetings, e-learning, and social connections. I really like that you can share your screen. This is especially helpful for e-learning. It allows the students to see what you are seeing (and allows you to see what they are having problems with). I also like that you can split up into break-out rooms. This gives diversity of discussion. The administrator also has the ability to hop in and out of different rooms. As a teacher, this is a great way to get students talking while also supervising the conversations.

Cons

There are some difficulties with this software and e-learning. For example, the leader can mute all participants; however, participants can unmute themselves. This makes it difficult if you have a student who wants to interrupt the lesson. They can simply unmute themselves at any time. Also, while you can share your screen, every participant can also share their screen. If too many people try to share their screen at one time, it creates a bit of chaos and oftentimes glitches out the system.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom had better connections and easier starting and stopping the meeting capabilities.

Derek from Bioventus

My review on Zoom

Its remote use due to the pandemic as been amazing. We have been able to allow our workers to work remotely and still resolve customers issues. We are able to share screen and speak directly with our customers to confirm their needs are met. We have also used Zoom software for all internal business needs. Town Halls, All Hands meetings, and internal departments meeting have increased and been beneficial for discussing our business needs. We have been able to adjust and continue working thru the pandemic, due to Zoom and its products.

Pros

Zoom is magnificent. I enjoy all the features of it. The breakout rooms have become very useful. We have been able to successfully train new hires remotely. We have utilized the features of screen sharing, chat, and remote control. Zoom has also come in handy with our sales team when working from different devices; iPads. Zoom is a very useful tool and I would recommend it to everyone for busy/personal use.

Cons

I have found managers to share the wrong link when sharing the recording of their meetings. Managers are sharing the incorrect link with our users which prevent users from watching the video. I would recommend that there be an easily accessible link at the end of the meeting to allow users to share the recording.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom's features were amazing. It outweighed everything else we looked at. We came to the decision easily after testing the software with our users.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Ease of access, deployment, and management.

Becky from TPUDC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Pandemic Lifeline

Zoom has been a lifeline during this year's pandemic - it has kept me connected to my colleagues, clients, family and friends. I've used it for everything from large public workshops to one-on-one happy hours with a friend. I've worked remotely for the past two years, and the ability to "hop on a Zoom" with a coworker to have a quick face-to-face chat has been incredibly important to maintaining work relationships and making job-related decisions.

Pros

The relatively user-friendly interface makes it easy for everyone to use, from my 96 year old grandfather to my professional colleagues. I'm also helping a kindergartener attend online school via Zoom, and it's easy enough for a five year old to use too!

Cons

Adapting features, such as customizing the waiting room and changing settings can be complicated, and the last time we tried to livestream to Facebook it didn't work, despite having the feature enabled in the settings.

Angela from Otter Things

Getting Together With Zoom

Before 2020, I never expected to need a virtual meeting program. I was able to conduct much of my business with customers or clientele over the phone or in person. Now I feel like I can't live without Zoom. From virtual conferences to discussing illustrations with colleagues, it has become a necessity when we couldn't get together.

Pros

Some of the better features of Zoom are the ease of connecting with others via video conferencing. The company keeps its software updated, and they do care about security. You can use the program for free and still get many options, such as unlimited one to one meetings, 40-minute meetings, and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants. There are nice video options such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, spotlight multiple people, etc. With a pro plan ($149.90 /year/license), you can have the ability to offer longer meetings (I encourage question and answer periods), streaming, and reporting functionality.

Cons

I recently found out that there are many people who still don't have access to a computer. Those that want to join the meetings can do it by phone, but it is cumbersome to connect. I had to snail mail the meeting information to a few folks so that they could connect to a meeting of mine, and I had a difficult time walking them through the steps. The program doesn't let you sign in with more than one device. I wanted to troubleshoot the phone call issue and others myself but needed someone else's account to verify the solutions. I also wish Zoom offered a simple blurred background option for their virtual session like Skype offers. I don't necessarily need anything fancy for a background. I just want to make my background less distracting, especially when my cat starts bathing behind me.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Skype has always given me issues when it came to chatting. I looked into using the business version, but I didn't think it was worth the price and more people were already using and inviting me to Zoom meetings.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Although Slack is good for sharing documents and collaborating on work projects, it didn't meet my verbal communication needs. I can still perform screen sharing with Zoom and let others see what I am working on.

Nicholas from Melton’s Counseling

From Luxury to Necessity

The ability to rollout a teleconferencing option in the midst of quarantines, shelter in place orders, and social distancing (which severely reduced our in person capacity to below the number needed to be profitable) made the difference in us continuing versus closing our business. Additionally, our early and widespread adoption of teleconferencing through Zoom significantly grew our client base in areas where providers had not made the transition. We picked up multiple clients who never would have given our business a chance due to geographical distance, but were seeking us out due to our early adoption of Zoom.

Pros

In the wake of COVID-19, Zoom has become synonymous with video conferencing. Because so many of our clients have become used to using it, it doesn’t have the learning curve that some of the other video conferencing apps do. Because we are using it to do group sessions that are time limited, having an easy-to-use interface that the majority of our clientele are familiar with is paramount because it keeps us from having to spend precious time troubleshooting and getting our clients familiar with the app and allows for more productive sessions.

Cons

The free version teases just enough functionality and usefulness that it was difficult at first to make the decision to go to the full version. Not being able to see how critical the full version’s features would be for us nearly kept us from upgrading.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom has the functions and feel of a professional meeting being done virtually rather than in person. FaceTime, as well as Skype, had more of a feeling of a group chat of friends that was transplanted from text message to video chat.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Skype did not offer the security we needed, while Zoom’s decision to offer password protected meetings in addition to giving the host the option to admit participants individually met our needs.

Amy from Marion County Public Library

Industry: Libraries

A Lifesaver During Covid

Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

We thought about skpe but Zoom was just a better fit for us. Low cost, easy to use, easy to share and manipulate by people even if we couldn't physically be there to walk them through how to join a meeting etc.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

We hadn't done the paid version of Skype. So I can't say for certain that a paid level might offer more? But even at the non-paid level we preferred the ease of Zoom over Skype. It just seems to be a smoother running format.

Sanskriti from F1soft International Pvt. Ltd

ZOOM for team discussions, learning and more!

Overall, I had a good experience with ZOOM. Through the application we are able to have team discussions, discuss ongoing project, presentation and more. I am able to join live meetings in anytime and anywhere. With the remote desktop connections, we are able to access the office PC(virtually), and do works as specified. So, its been easier for us to 'Work From Home' in this pandemic.

Pros

Zoom is great app for online video conferencing. It Supports multiple devices, file sharing, video calls, texts(chats), screen hosting, remote access and much more within the single app. The interface seems smooth and navigation within the app is handy. Zoom has its own in-built screen recording feature, and users don't need to install any external softwares for screen recording.

Cons

For most of the times, I am experiencing the repetition of audio as I speak. It's quiet disturbing when I heard my own voice repeling back. Also, sometimes, the calls ends out unexpectedly, and I am likely to miss important announcement and team discussions.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom was easy to use and implement at work. Even our IT assistant recommends ZOOM, for video conferencing.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

ZOOM was able to provide all the extensive features we need at work, where other similar apps simply lacks most out of it.

John from BinaryNoir

A very complete conferencing application that suffers from usability issues

Overall I have found Zoom to be a stable and valuable tool. The pricing structure is reasonable and the features very complete. I like that the company is continuing on improving security which is imperative to it's continued use. I often recommend and use Zoom because of this.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate the most is that only the host of a meeting is required to have a membership to take advantage of long conference calls. This has opened up the ability to use Zoom with a wide array of customers and use cases, such as adding family members. Zoom is also frequently updating their application to make it more user friendly and add compelling features which has made this conferencing tool a goto for nearly everyone. The fact it is completely cross platform makes it accessible for anyone I need to conference call with.

Cons

The inconstancies and the seemingly constant adjustment of features is a blessing and a curse. When working with others they often can't find how to do something that they "saw yesterday." While this isn't a major issue for professionals, it can be crippling and frustrating to non-technical users. Also, there is a level of inconsistency between desktop and mobile applications on the location of buttons and features that can make it very difficult to assist someone when providing them support. One other issues is the confusion of "New Meeting," "schedule," and "meetings". These names as well as their button locations (meetings) make it frustrating to schedule, or find a scheduled meeting. It seems "New Meeting" could easily make it optional on the dialog to make this a quick meeting vs. scheduled meeting. Even though I am aware of what these mean I am forever clicking the wrong button.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The cost, features, and ease of use made it an east and logical choice.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

The pricing structure, ease of deployment, and reliability (not to mention the features) made it a very easy choice to switch.

sameer from Deloitte

Zoom- The best video and audio calling application for Business.

My overall experience with zoom has been really great since the software is very easy to understand as well as use and the speed with which is operates is really recommendable. Also, the screen sharing feature on this application is fastest when compared to its peers. Having said that, I would again like to reiterate that it is one of the best internet calling applications available in the market right now .

Pros

Zoom is one of the best and fastest audio and video calling software available in the market today. As per my understanding, the best USP of zoom is the simplicity with which this software is created and moreover the speed of manuovering in moving from one functionality to another within the software. I would also specifically like to mention the fact that while working on slow internet speeds, I have experinced zoom calls to be the most seamless and thus they provided a wonderful experience even in low internet badwidth conditions.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like much about this software is the limited number of functions it provides to the end user. To elaborate, zoom is primarily used only for calls and chats. I wish i could have seen more features in this application like file sharing and editing on cloud, intergration and preparation of different types of office products etc. within zoom, that way we would not have to switch to other applications for these kind of tasks .

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Skype for Business really became outdated over the period of time, there are various reasons because of which I make the switch and they are: Firstly, Skype for business is really slow in processing and performing day to day tasks such as finding a user in the company directory as compared to zoom. Secondly, during screen sharing, there is always a lag on the other side when we use skype for business and thirdly, it takes atleast 3-4 minutes for the application to get connected to its server and start operating. Clearly, I didn't faced these issues in Zoom and hence made the switch.

Muhammad Arifur from Bangladesh Online Mathematical Competition

Decent solution for online meetings

We are using Zoom for our daily meetings for website development. We use the screen share features to discuss on the project and to work on the source code together. We share our ideas with whiteboard feature. Zoom handles weak internet connection very well - which makes it our on-the-go app for online meetings.

Pros

Zoom can be used both on PC and smartphone. The app is quite easy to navigate. Connecting to meetings is easy using meeting links. It has the options to chat, share screen, documents and whiteboard - everything needed for team meetings. The Driving Mode is quite handy when only voice communication is needed.

Cons

The meeting interface is kind of old-ish. Lags quite a lot sometimes. Disconnects and reconnects again and agin on weak network. It doesn’t have advanced features like auto-connecting to meetings according to the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom can handle weak internet connection better than any other meeting platforms. It compresses video and audio data on-the-go and adjusts with the connection quality.

Kyle from Kyle K Yim Films

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

School's Solution During a Pandemic

Overall Zoom is an amazing software and I'm glad that most teachers use it. I do think there are some improvements and some added features to be made. Zoom's a strong option for anyone needing to teach a class through the internet or host online meetings with international people and I believe it will become a better feature as time moves on.

Pros

Zoom has been a great software for online meetings since 2013. Although only a couple of people had used Zoom pre-2020, it started to emerge during the time Covid-19 started affecting schools. Due to people having social distance, having school in-person was essentially impossible without getting sick. Zoom was a strong solution to this problem and is still being used more than ever today. Like most students, I have been only using Zoom as a way to attend school during this pandemic but I do not mind having online school especially since I know doing it may save my peers from contracting the virus. Zoom has provided a way for us students to attend school without having the risk of exposing or being exposed to Covid-19. Zoom's software is easily manageable as most people in my family could use it without issue. It's video chat software allows for the option to quickly turn on or off both your mic and camera in an instant. You can also message people through a chat during a meeting so there's no need to turn on your mic to ask a question. The quick command menu allows you to ask your teacher multiple things without having to get their attention while they're teaching. Accessing a Zoom meeting is also very simple as you can send or receive a link that will instantly put you into the meeting or enter the room code. Zoom has a feature where the host can send you into separate groups privately which is very effective when doing group projects.

Cons

Zoom has some flaws that other softwares already have integrated into their system. One example is Discord which allows the user to turn up the mic volume of anyone in a meeting while allowing you to simultaneously turn down the mic of someone else. Zoom does have to ability to allow you to add contacts but personally I don't use this feature because there's not a quicker way to do other than adding their email address. I think this takes too long and so, therefore, don't use this feature as much. Zoom seems to be strictly a video, call, and message application when many of its users are students and teachers. Integrating a feature that allows teachers to hand out assignments in an organized way would seem more beneficial. Also, it does seem like Zoom could add more features to make it seems like an software that's used more for than just school and work. It could add a social media feature, although this is a hypothetical situation, similar to Snapchat's ability to send pictures to anyone in an instant. Or add a stories feature where teachers can remind students that an assignment may be due while making it look more interesting than just an email notification on your phone.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Well I personallly didn't make the switch but my teachers did. I believe it's because they figured that since most other teachers use Zoom, they wouldn't want to confuse their students by having them use more than two software for online school.

Joseph from Commack Ambulance

Meetings during a pandemic? No problem with Zoom.

During the pandemic we needed a solution to hold our meetings for our offficers, general membership, and committees. We needed a perfect solution, and we needed it quickly. As the project manager on implementing and researching a viable solution, we looked at what we had, and what we wanted. We had GoToMeeting. I found that this product was clunky, not user friendly, and overall a hassle to implement and utilize for a wide demographic of members. Zoom to the rescue! When we priced our and made the switch, I went forward with looking for a solution that would appeal to those who know nothing about technology and computers. We found Zoom to be extremely user friendly for those people, and we were able to implement quickly, easily, and accurately. The feedback from our membership has been nothing but positive and excited to finally find a user-friendly platform that just works during this changing and uncertain time!

Pros

Zoom was super easy to implement for our department of 200 plus members. This was by far the easiest aspect of the program. Zoom was extremely easy to price, and to roll out to our membership. We have a wide demographic of members, some who are computer-literate, and those who are not. What I like the most was being able to on-board those members who are technophobes. Generating and setting up a meeting was very straightforward, and incredibly easy. I can send a meeting to multiple people quickly and easily, with it being easy and simple on their end. The feedback has been nothing but positive. Secondly, I love the stable connection zoom provides, with crystal-clear audio and video when we run a meeting with over 200 people at once. This was spot on for what we were looking for.

Cons

My only issue with Zoom is during rapid discussion. Sometimes the software has an issue keeping up, audio will cut out, and it is sometimes difficult to follow when multiple people are talking at once. This occurs only a few times and seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes ahead with no issues, and there is no difficulty hearing, but sometimes it is burdensome to ask someone to repeat what they were saying and it slows down overall productivity and user happiness.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

We discovered that zoom was by far the most user friendly, easiest to implement, and simple to teach out. Pricing was right on point with where we wanted to be, and the a-la-carte options were what we were looking for. Overall we are very happy we went with zoom versus the competition in virtual meeting software.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

We made the switch because after I played around and tested GoToMeeting, I found it to be heavy and cumbersome. The audio was not the best, and the overall admin settings and abilities were repetitive and burdening. Connectivity was also sometimes a problem, especially with non-computer literate members who were using virtual meeting hosting programs for the first time. In order to make it easy for our members, we did research, sandboxed multiple programs, and decided to go with zoom.

Quincy from AS of SDSU

Zoom Makes It Possible

Overall, Zoom has provided that easy & seamless transition from 100% in-person work to now 100% virtual work in a matter of 2 days. Also, Zoom has been crucial to our “office bonding” since it has now been approximately 5 months of both seeing these coworkers.

Pros

Back in March, like the rest of the country, I was sent to work from home due to coronavirus. Since Zoom was already integrated into our GSuite & used sporadically, it made it a seamless transition, most importantly our meetings that had already been scheduled prior to being sent home. Part of my job is recruitment & onboarding, and with Zoom, I have been able to successfully hire & onboard several new employees, specifically during this COVID time. When I have had to hire en mass, I like to utilize the breakout room feature when I have to virtually verify our employees’ I-9 documents. The breakout rooms allow for there to be privacy when showing these documents on camera, reducing the stress & anxiety of showing these documents with strangers present. We have also created a biweekly talk show presented through Zoom for all of our employees to watch. Topics include, but are not limited to, features in Zoom itself, Google Form creations, Google Drive, etc. Thankfully Zoom has made virtual HR as easy as possible.

Cons

My biggest complaint about the software is that when connected via phone, people can sometimes hear themselves via feedback on their end - more so than on the computer mic. It is extremely important to ensure you are muted if you are not actively speaking while using the phone audio method.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

During our recruitment proceeds we used Skype for Business primarily, however, we were always running into technical issues regularly.

Mohamed from za1ron pvt ltd

Best Webinar Application

Overall I love it and I'm expecting more features with it

Pros

I was searching so many webinar software and I tried all but finally I found zoom is the best webinar application in the world. It helped me to schedule the meetings and manage the registration forms in a easy manner. Now a days I'm using premium version of zoom webinar for my organization. I love the whiteboard and annotation and user control system and everything, video and audio qualities are nice

Cons

I found some issues compare with other webinar software. participates can read the name of other participates, no pop up quiz facilities, question and answer methods as well as 100 participates at the beginning is not enough to premium version users. If the improve it in futures that will be useful

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom is very user friendly and no legging

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Application is overload and legging

Xavier from MrBuzz

Industry: Graphic Design

Avis sur Zoom

J'ai découvert Zoom au démarrage du projet et il a bien évolué! Installation et enregistrement rapide! Prise en mais intuitive. Effectivité et besoin de peu de ressources de bande passante et utilisable sur tout les systèmes d'exploitation avec peu de ressource mémoire.

Pros

Zoom est un programme de visioconférence simple à mettre en place et à utiliser qui permet de réalisé des rendez-vous "tête à tête" ou des réunions de groupe de qualité et rapidement sans grande connaissance informatique. Il permet aussi de faire des présentation et d'animer des Webinaires avec un partage d'écran simple et propre qui va bien mettre en valeurs votre produits! La qualité d'image et incroyable même avec une webcam de PC portable et il n'y a quasiment jamais de lag d'images même avec une petite connexion. Bref c'est in logiciel indispensable a mettre dans votre top 5!

Cons

L'interface est un peu trop minimaliste. il pourra encore s’améliorer sur la charte graphique. Il y a eu des failles de sécurité dû a un emploie pas assez sécurisé des utilisateurs. Quelques soucis pour fonctionner avec Firefox.....

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Pour sa simplicité et son interface offrant une qualité d'image et de connexion impeccable.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

J'ai rapidement testé Zoom et il m'a plus de suite pour son efficacité.

Kevin from Arklight Development

Someone recommended Zoom

Given the current climate everyone is trying to find solutions for running classrooms from home. I was led to using Zoom by recommendation from other lecturers. In the scramble to find a universal solution that could work for everyone Zoom became the most popular solution. Having use the software for the past three months I can say that it does its job competently. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the pro version but that might change given the unstable times we are in now. Overall i like all the extra feature the software has. Its made having online tutorials a breeze.

Pros

Well like many conference software it allows video chat and it comes with screen sharing which is essential when working with students. I also like the features that allows you to see who is muted as well as being able to mute them yourself. When doing screen sharing, I like the top bar that shows information about the current call and also the pop-up notification when someone is attempting to join the chat. Above all I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about what devices my students have as they can join using either PC or Cellphone. Especially cellphones as most of my student are more likely to have a cellphone or tablet than a laptop or desktop computer.

Cons

My only issue is that there are other conferencing software that are free to use and because Zoom's free version is limited to 40 mins per session it can become annoying re-establishing meetings every time you run out of minutes. This leaves you with the only option of purchasing the pro version which can cost you either $15 per month or an annual fee of $150. At that cost you better be committed to using this software the whole year and not as a temporary solution to the current crisis. In the end you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the features it provides.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

It was more accessible for all my students.

Rajat from Tata Consultancy Services

Zoom Review

The overall experience is really great for me because I have come to zoom from skype for business and its way better compared to that product.

Pros

Zoom is one of the best meeting app I have ever used. The interface is so simple and minimalist. Its fast to connect and its very much stable. The video and audio quality is really good compared to other products in its category. Here the chats stay for 7 days while in other similar products (e.g. skype) all the chats got deleted once we close the session. Sharing file over chats and in-built screenshot taking features make it awesome. Another cool feature is if you chat with people while you are sharing your screen, that chat window wont be shared through screen sharing. Its really a super cool features for privacy.

Cons

I don't have many complaint against zoom but there are few. In the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, when so many people started using zoom, I had lots of stability issues. But it got fixed through an update. A big shout-out for the zoom team. I feel like the chat staying time can be improved from 7 days to 30 days or more. Because a history is always better. Another problem I have faced is like whenever I am scheduling a meeting I can't invite people and share the meeting information from the zoom window. It redirects me to my outlook calendar and from there the rest can be done. Also my zoom doesn't sync other meeting from my calendar. It shows only those meeting which are created from zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

It was a decision by my organization and I am thankful to them for this.

McKenzie from HR Hero

Zoom for Interviewing

Great Technology for a great price. This is a staple for my business now.

Pros

I originally signed up as this was the only video software that allowed me to record my meetings. There are many features that set Zoom apart. They are ahead of the technology curve and are constantly adding integrations as well as new features. A minor feature that my team loves is the auto airbrush (I forget what they call it) but it’s like auto tune for your face. It’s looks very natural.

Cons

They’ve had a few times where the whole network went down. Also, I’d like to be able to send surveys to my candidates about their experience after the call is over and I don’t see that option. And a small thing but when you split into groups there is not an option to chat with “everyone” any more only within the small group.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Easiest to first time users, most reliable video, and it let me record the calls.

To record calls

Virtual Training made Easy

Overall Zoom has been a great product we use everyday for training classes. Our trainers have really mastered how to use the virtual platform through zoom and the break out groups function really sets it apart form other virtual platforms in my mind. We will continue to use it and look forward to more features on it in the future.

Pros

We love the breakout rooms feature. Breakout room allows you to set up individual rooms for a group of people to discuss and chat and not be int he main room. This helps with breakout activities and other meetings that happen simultaneously. The instructor moderates the rooms by communicating via chat and can even pop in and out of rooms. Its a game changing feature that a lot of other competitors do not have.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay for a large group meeting. We pay an extra $20 a month on top of our annual subscription to allow one license to accommodate a large meeting of 200 people or more. i fell as if this should be included in our annual price.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

it had the features we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

it didn't provide what we needed which was a break out room feature.

Chad from PADNOS

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Standard for large group meetings

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom was the easiest to use product we could find, especially for any of our non-technical workforce.

Imi from NDT and Associate

Zoom is still good but has become a little bit more difficult to execute on task

There is not much to say. I simply say this - a few years ago people used to "skype" today it is only "Zoom"

Pros

Secured calling via zoom, password is set and has to be shared to guest. Participants will need to be allowed into meeting. This has raised the bar for this long standing winner. The app is simple to use - my staff gets it within minutes! It is a clear winner for video conferencing going forward. Having zoom on premise is ideal for my organization, this is one point that I see as a big plus for my organization with employees throughout many location. We are not bothered much by Internet bandwidth because of our local enterprise implementation.

Cons

As security concerns grows, the developers responded and administration and hosting functionalities became a bit more involved, sometime a bit annoying when you are looking for a function that once exist, but disappeared over the last few weeks because a security update.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Cost, Ease of use Support for low bandwidth location.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Cost Requirement such as ease of use And support for the video conferencing device name the OWL cam.

Robust and dependable conferencing platform for remote working

I usually conduct site inspections by going to the site, but due to the limitations arisen as a result of the pandemic I have to conduct these meetings and inspections virtually. The picture quality is top-notch and there is no lag especially in video. With a good internet connection, there is literally nothing we can't do as a remote team. Previously we were deploying Zoom as a conferencing tool for only international conferencing, or limited requirements, however now we are utilizing it for all of our meetings, video conferences and audio calls on a daily basis.

Pros

Zoom is one of the many software available for video conferencing, audio meetings as well as remote seminars. However one aspect where Zoom clearly is better than its counterparts is 'quality'. The connectivity for meetings initiated through Zoom is amazing, and so is the audio-video quality. I have tried several other applications including Teams and Meet, but Zoom provides a better experience. It is easy to share the screen, and present slides etc. seamlessly whilst delivering to a wide audience. There is also an option to record- that is quite useful if team members are unavailable to attend.

Cons

Integration was fairly quick and simple. However I feel that the app could be improved, as it is not as robust as using the software on the computer. Also, I would like the option of just joining through the web and not have to download the app. I tried this the first time, but couldn't join the meeting as a result of this confusion.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Cheaper option for short minutes (less than 40 minutes), recording option is better in Zoom.

Marilyn from Asia Pacific Career Development Association

Great Online Meetings, Great Price

The Chatbox provides a valuable written transcript of the comments. We also use the chatbox for Board voting so we know if there are differences of opinion that need to be discussed. Recording is easy, so we can review the discussion or allow people who missed the meeting to view it. We love the new Breakout Rooms, and Polls are great for maintaining interest.

Pros

We just pay for a simple "Pro" plan, but it allows our association to do what we need to do. Our webinars never have over 100 present, so the low-level plan is fine for us. All of our meetings are international, and we are really impressed with the global performance. We recently used a technician in Azerbaijan to display slides for presenters in India, Australia, and Canada and the presentation was seamless. We use "Gallery Mode" when meetings are small enough not to exceed bandwidth. But for more than 8, we need to turn off videos and use Speaker View. We are delighted that attendees can share their screen if they want to, and the delay is minimal. Controlling the videos and microphones of attendees is easy.

Cons

It takes time to learn to navigate the new features. It is time well-invested, because the new features are very helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

The cost was significantly less. Our main concern was quality of connection internationally, and Zoom seemed better. I have no proof it is better, but we had fewer bandwidth problems after we switched.

Jennifer from Nordstrom

Zoom has allowed us to continue holding our meetings

I've been utilizing Zoom to talk and meet with my collaborators while we're isolated gathering. With the current pandemic, Zoom has become a practically day by day program that I abuse for both work gatherings and virtual meetups with companions. I truly like how you'll have various clients on straightforwardly. I'm prepared to speak with various video calls. I abuse them for chapel meeting week by week and that they are incredible.

Pros

I am exceptionally happy with this product so far. I abuse it for a course that I'm taking, additionally on meeting with clients. The experience is magnificent. I'm hearing impeded and that I am marking to everyone on Zoom video meetings. With Zoom, we will video visit with them likewise as screen share, it's helped us continue pushing ahead through the franticness.

Cons

It can get mistaking for some clients legitimately with talking and commotion. Regularly need to have clients quiet for better solid quality. fixing a substitution meeting on the iPad took a touch you-tubing, yet after we made sense of it, it had been simple.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I found it a simpler alternative to use than several others we had in mind. Our team can use it without the need for a long learning process.

Do You Zoom?

The software has been essential to our business. We use the video and audio connection, the screen sharing, the white board, and the chat functions.

Pros

Who does not Zoom these days? Since COVID-19 quarantining and social distancing has kicked in, Zoom has been indispensable. I like the ease of use, the screen share functions, the quality, and the recent upgrade. UPGRADE: Being able to hold a zoom meeting or class for more that 40 minutes is essential for flow and productivity.

Cons

I have been less than impressed with the customer service. I know they must be overloaded since COVID-19 entered the scene, but I am frustrated with the loose ends of the customer service department. The wait time for a service rep to get back to you is upwards of two to three days. As a paying customer who has NO access to her zoom room, I believe I am being beyond patient with Zoom. I presently use my business partner's Zoom room unless she is in there first. Then I use a "free room" and deal with the 40 minute time limit for 3 or more students in my classroom.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

I was most familiar with Zoom. I own a tutoring center and I am a trainer for an International Health and Wellness Company. I have used the Zoom platform for years in my capacity as a trainer. When I needed to make the decision for an online classroom for my tutoring center, I naturally gravitated towards Zoom. I had many parents and friends who offered advice (unsolicited). In spite of contrary advice, I went with Zoom. Now, if they would just call me back and resolve my account issue, I would be much happier!

Doesn't deserve the bad press

Our organization is able to work around the world, thanks to Zoom. We couldn't do our jobs without it. Videoconferencing isn't a perfect replacement for in-person communication, but it's a lot better than just email or text. And lots of people are using it for non-business purposes these days and experiencing the benefits of video calls to replace social engagements, or just to facilitate conversations with people who are far away. The negative press is really unfortunate, because it's not the platform's fault - but the fault of malicious people using it in unintended ways. If Zoom wasn't so successful, it wouldn't be getting attention from people with evil intentions. We'll still use Zoom long after this has blown over, and are thankful for how it enables us to work efficiently even with a distributed team.

Pros

Zoom has gotten a lot of negative press lately, but it's only a victim of its own success. The platform is deserving of its reputation as the go-to videoconferencing software for business, and even personal use these days. It does exactly what its supposed to: handle great video meetings, with a simple built-in chat feature to enable communication between those on the call. It's no-frills approach makes it easy to focus on what you're there for - the other people on the call and facilitating information exchange between them.

Cons

The chat feature could be better in ways, for example you can't transfer files or react to messages, and when you have a lot of people on a call using the chat heavily, it can get overwhelming. But it works for what it is. You're supposed to be talking to people on video, not typing to them. Some features could be expanded, like more offerings for virtual backgrounds, but these aren't essential features. Zoom gets it right where it counts - handling video and audio super well even on calls with hundreds of people on them.

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

Modern Meetings Made Easy!

Overall, Zoom Meetings & Chat has become a great way to get work done in a simple manner. Everyone is online now, and in person conferences are outdated. Whether you're working from home, remotely, or need several members in different states to jump on a conference, and watch your screen for training purposes, I would recommend it. Overall it is pretty easy to use, but I would definitely RUN A TEST MEETING FIRST with at least one other person so you can guide colleagues accessing it for the first time. I have used other video meetings, and Zoom has worked seamlessly for me. Of course you don't need to use it just for business, my son's classroom uses it, as well as you can chat with family members, change backgrounds for fun interaction too. I will likely continue to use Zoom Meetings & Chat for a long while.

Pros

This is a great time to use modern software like Zoom Meetings & Chat for video conference and meetings. I will try to go over all the features which I believe makes this software customizable. You can use it either through a desktop, ipad or tablet, as well as your cell phone. The cellphone or other tablets may have limited features though. The thing I like the most about Zoom is being able to schedule several meeting, invite individual members to the meeting, either through a meeting ID number and password (optional) or a specific URL as an easy access link. I believe all invited need to have the software downloaded AND create a login. For training purposes, you can easily show your screen to your meeting members, so if they have a hard time accessing or understanding the information given to them, you can show them step by step. The host can also screen record the meeting to share with someone that wasn't available to attend the meeting. The host is the only one who can all members at once and individually mute/unmute. Everyone has the option of seeing a gallery of members on one screen or one person at a time (generally whoever is speaking). Lastly, there is a chat option included, but if you're on a tablet or phone you can't access the chat and see members at the same time. The chat is good to share links or information shared that you want members to access. Sorry about the list but they really have SO MANY OPTIONS.

Cons

The host MUST have a strong internet capability otherwise there may be some lagging so keep that in mind. Also, members that are accessing the meeting over a phone or tablet may have a limited amount of features, so I highly recommend a desktop (with camera) and hard internet wired for a more professional approach. I do believe they have currently waived the 40 minute max for meetings, but generally, I think you have to pay extra to have meetings longer than 40 minutes. This is not usually a problem, unless you have a very long meeting. Meeting Security/Safety is another issue. I would HIGHLY suggest not sharing URL links online. ONLY SHARE URLS OR MEETING IDS DIRECTLY WITH WHO YOU WANT TO ATTEND, AND HAVE IT PASSWORD PROTECTED. If your meeting isn't password protected, it may be likely that anyone could access your meeting. The last thing you want is a stranger jumping into your meeting and roaming free on what they say or show. There are people like that out there, so save yourself the trouble.

Madeleine from Fluent City

Surprisingly Good For Distance Learning

Right now, my company is moving all language classes to Zoom for the foreseeable future until further notice, in order to commit to social distancing during the coronavirus crisis within the Washington, D.C., and New York City metropolitan regions. Although we are still within the first two weeks of transition, it has been a smooth one overall and both teachers and students (as well as company administrators) seem pleased enough in spite of the vast differences between virtual learning and in-person classes.

Pros

There are *so* many features that are amazingly effective for language learning in a virtual classroom. Besides the expected (and helpful) virtual whiteboard and screen sharing available to both me as the teacher and other users as students, there are also Breakout Rooms. This is essential for learning any foreign language; the Breakout Rooms simulate partnered or smaller group activities that are necessary for practicing the target language in context with another learner. These allow students to speak one-on-one (or in small groups) with each other for a brief exercise before returning to the Main Room of the video chat. The teacher can also check in on each of the private Breakout Rooms to make sure everything is running smoothly, and if a student requires immediate help, there is another button within a Breakout Room to let the teacher know. Lastly, one feature that I have not found in other video chat software such as Skype or Google Hangouts is the virtual hand-raising button. This prevents users from speaking over each other, and the host/teacher can immediately tell which student would like to ask a question.

Cons

I think almost everything could potentially be improved... It is always harder to conduct a meeting virtually than in real life, especially when that meeting is a *language lesson.* It is the first stages, however, so I and my students will have to adapt over the next few weeks. That said, I am a little frustrated that the host/teacher cannot share a screen view or a whiteboard during the Breakout Rooms. This forces students to share their own screens with each other, and/or have other apps open at the same time. I would like for them to be able to access my lesson slides during their small group/partnered activities, but this doesn't seem to be possible yet with Zoom.

Uelinton from The99

Our efficiency increased with Zoom

We use Zoom daily for meetings with many participants. The recording feature is very helpful and, provide us with an opportunity to replicate knowledge and to record important meetings.

Pros

Ease of use and quality of video / audio transmission. There is integration available in Zapier, which is very useful to integrate the booking of meetings with, for example, Google Calendar.

Cons

Smartphone version interface. Lack of integration to deliver video recordings directly to, for example, Youtube.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

The limitation of the participants is acceptable, the quality of the audio / video transmission is very good and the recording feature is very useful.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Because the participants limitation and the quality of audio/video streaming.

Derek from National Geographic Partners

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond. The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros

This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software. Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons

In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

National Geographic Partners was created as a joint venture with 21st Century Fox in 2015 and Fox had a Zoom contract in place so we moved to Zoom and dropped Google Hangouts.

Melody from Renewal Christian Counseling Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for collaborative meetings where participants are in different locations, easy to use

For a period of time, I solely worked from home because I had young children. Zoom was a game changer for me! I was able to be present for staff meetings, have regular meetings with my boss(es) to discuss tasks & meet with other staff when needed to coordinate projects or train others. It was instrumental in allowing me to work from home and still stay connected to the team and on the right path with my tasks!

Pros

This is an amazing tool that allows you to collaborate and connect with others easily, and you have the convenience of being able to do so from all different locations. In terms of features, one of my personal favorites is to be able to share a screen with the other participants. It's been a great support to be able to use a visual in meetings in addition to the verbal discussion. I also love that I can hit the downsize button on the Zoom screen and it will become a small icon on the screen that still streams the video and allows me to see who is talking, but it frees up my screen to multitask. Zoom is also flexible - meetings can be scheduled in advance or on the fly and shared with others. It's easy to share the meeting with others, and the program itself is easy to use! There is minimal set-up required to get Zoom functioning on your computer and that only needs to be done once. most impactful features, easy to use? integration w business easy?

Cons

Missing features or improvement needed? Difficult to use? As mentioned in the Pros, one of my favorite functions is to be able to share my screen with other participants. However, it's not a true screen share - you're only sharing one item (an open file, document, or website, etc). If you move to a different item on your computer it does update the screen for the other participants. Only the file/website/doc that you originally picked will show to the other users. At times that set up is perfect and allows you to look at other things on your computer without disrupting the meeting. However, I wish there were an option to have the screen share update based on what the sharer is looking at. At times I have a number of things I need to show the other participants, and it becomes tedious to have to close the screen share and re-open it whenever I want to change what I'm showing the participants.

Rick from ConsumerAffairs

It Works

Not great. It connects and works, as long as you're not using AirPods.

Pros

It generally connects and stays connected despite the network quality. The software is agile enough to know when you're using a sub-par ISP with low bandwidth and tells you to disable features that will drag down the performance. Aside from that, it just works.

Cons

You can not use Apple AirPods with this software. It's a known issue and Zoom has done nothing to fix it. What happens is you will connect your AirPods to the machine you're using via Bluetooth and then when -- which has to happen in that order if you want any slim possibility of it working -- then you connect to Zoom. Once you're in Zoom it "Detects a change to your audio settings" and makes you punch in your computer password to "authorize" the change to your AirPods. Once that's complete, Zoom doesn't like it and disconnects your AirPods from the machine completely and automatically switches to another audio source.

Price and stability.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Seemed to be more stable, which it continues to be.

Lee from University of New England

Best way to communicate via the web: Zoom!

Zoom brings so much to the table. It really is a dream come true software. People can save on travel, share their work and communicate their ideas from the comfort of their own home or office. What a great software!!!!!

Pros

Zoom Video Webinar is straight forward, easy to use. Our team uses it for our weekly meetings and we also use it for our organizations Board Meetings as well. Sharing a screen is great. I love how you can test a microphone and speaker as well. I also love the fact that you can book a meeting in advance. The app is really easy to use as well.

Cons

I think that there should be a control setting on who can and who can not make notes on the screen. One board meeting a team member started doodling on a slide he thought only he could see and as he looked up and saw his doodle was going out over the entire board meeting. Luckily we were able to clear it.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom just was better all around also we all trusted it more too.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom just won the war when it came to video conferencing. It was better all around and more reliable too.

Andy from Tax Analysts

Best audio and video conferencing we've used easily

We needed a reliable audio and video conferencing platform to use for small meetings, all hands meetings, and training, among other things. Zoom has always fit those needs perfectly. Meetings are easy to setup, record and the quality is always top notch.

Pros

Zoom is incredibly easy to implement, use, and administrate. We've used all the major audio and video conferencing platforms out there, and Zoom is by far the best. The biggest thing is it just works and works in a repeatable manner. We used to always have issues with other software of changes we made not sticking, such as audio sources. Zoom just works.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any issues we've had with Zoom or anything that I don't like about it. It's always been rock solid.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

It was a great price and a great product. We also spoke to many other similar companies that were using the product and were thrilled with it.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Our previous platform had frequent issues and the interface seemed much more difficult for our end users. We found the support to be lacking many times as well.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 7,879 reviews