All Brandwatch Reviews

Liam

Hospitality, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Make Smarter Social Media Decisions!

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Best in class software, easy to use, and feature-rich

We use Falcon.io to monitor the sentiment, mentions and overall trends/virality of our clients social media profiles.

PROS

First of all, the biggest benefit of Falcon is that it comes in significantly cheaper than the market leader (Salesforce) and 100x easier to use and get started. While customization may not be as extensible as Salesforce (also without the headaches), there's still a good degree of tuning to be found within Falcon such as setting up automatically generated reports, custom dashboards, and brand monitoring options. Falcon also works great in a multilingual setting (French and English in our case), though will sometimes report some false-positives in non-English sentiments. The ability to monitor brand mentions, sentiments, and callouts across all social media platforms and the web in one convenient dashboard is amazing.

CONS

The mobile version of the site, and mobile apps for iOS/Android (Called Engage) are a bit buggy sometimes, and leave a bit to be desired feature-wise. Though, thankfully it appears that the app is regularly updated and maintained, so I'm holding out hope that it grows to be much more serviceable in the future.

Janina

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Efficient social media management tool

PROS

We regulalrly use the content pool and calendar functionalities within the publish area. This has helped us a lot in collaborating with different countries in our company when it comes to sharing content and ideas.

CONS

We are current waiting for some improvements in the "measure" area. There are currently some features missing like exporting metrics/Dashboards and also some data for particular channels.

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

We have received best overall combination in terms of functionality, service and price.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

We were looking for a solution that better helps us with international collaboration

ashley

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

It's a good experience, but really wish those pieces of functionality were available as they are crucial to efficiency of our business.

PROS

The software is helpful to managing all social channels

CONS

There are a few features that really could be improved: -bulk scheduling: being able to schedule multiple posts over the course of months or weeks. Our business can use the same evergreen posts at certain times. The functionality that Sprout Social offers is ideal. -scheduling the same posts across multiple channels on the same interface. Facebook, Insta and Linked In-- again Sprout allows this functionality. -not limiting custom reports to a certain number of metrics.

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

Previous relationship and the all in one reporting functionality. Other companies used 3rd parties for reporting purposes.

Cindy

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Falcon Review

Getting other teams to schedule has cut down my tasks in some ways, making people more responsible for their own projects and providing training for them so they've learned a new skill. Customer service is always great, (Helgi is awesome) (and love that you can send GIFS), and they're usually quick to respond and resolve issues.

PROS

The calendar overview Scheduling quite easily Being able to leave notes Having a team system

CONS

The approval system and the access that different user roles have. Preview mode not always being accurate. Not being able to do things like tagging on pics for Twitter or needing an app to schedule certain posts on Instagram. Falcon not being able to collate all data from all channels for stats (but i know that's due to the channel permissions and not Falcon) Falcon sometimes refreshing and not saving posts, taking ages to load images. Channels being disconnected (again not entirely Falcons fault)

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

We required more services that Hootsuite could not provide us.

Julia

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Would Highly Recommend

My overall experience with Falcon. io has been very positive. I just wish I had more time to use it to its full potential!

PROS

It allows one person to manage over 10 different social channels with varying levels of involvement. The reporting function is very user-friendly. Customer service is easy to access through the help feature if you ever run into issues.

CONS

Cost. Considering all the free open-source software available, I think the cost would limit the types of businesses that could afford this tool.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

We received a sales call and it was a time when we were inheriting 2 new brands and their social channels. We needed a better tool to manage everything.

Sophie

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Excellent so far!

Enjoying it so far, it meets all our needs and has great customer support.

PROS

The product is easy to use and hands down the best thing that comes with it is the constant support of their staff. Always very helpful and quick in responding to queries.

CONS

I think overall the platform could be a little more visual. We've previously used Dash Hudson and found this to be 100% user friendly and metrics could be understood at a glance.

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

It offered a customer service section within the platform which was essential to us.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

Hootsuite was continuously dropping, letting us down, never replying to customer support queries etc. We had a bad experience with them so when our contract came to an end we were determined not to stick with them any further.

Vinko

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Falcon.io makes it easy

It is a pleasure to use this tool and the quality of data it collects is brilliant. The tool is very easy to use and navigation is seamless.

PROS

Very easy to use and the data collection is brilliant. Customer support is out of this world.

CONS

Lack for social listening analytics. In this sense it feels a bit light-weight. Twitter content performance data is limited. Boolean search queries are too limited for complex search queries.

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

Quality of the data was top notch. The tool is very easy to use and the support is out of this world.

Tracx shut down.

Todd

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Falcon Makes Our Social Media Life Easier

PROS

I like how Falcon quickly allows me to pull monthly reports to send to management. Before Falcon, I had to go through each platform we use and compose an analytics report. Now I just go into Falcon, customize what data I want to see, set the date range, and snap--there it is.

CONS

A previous scheduler we used allowed the user to drag content all around the calendar when rescheduling. I wish Falcon had that option (instead of having to open the post and reschedule it that way.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

Buffer caused us to be locked out of our Instagram account for three days.

Matt

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Good social media scheduler and monitoring system.

PROS

I like the ease of scheduling social media posts. They tend to keep up with the platforms' changes pretty well.

CONS

The analytics leave a little to be desired, though they do seem to be developing those capabilities at the moment.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

Outgrew Hootsuite. The platforms are pretty similar though.

Lynan

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Falcon.io is a One Stop Social Media Stop for Agencies

I shared most in the I like section. For our big client its been a godsend, with smaller clients a bit trickier. Its streamlined our content creation process and made us more consistent with posting at optimal times on different platforms than ever. Also we can get months ahead with scheduled content, like we'd always dreamed. Its freed up time for other important business things!

PROS

I love the dashboard interface, and the ability to switch from one Client (Project) to another. I absolutely LOVE that my team & I can post for clients on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter. We even can map out Instagram stories as a part of the overarching social media strategy. As an agency owner, I like the approval capabilities for my content creator or clients to create posts and for us to be the final approval and last eyes to see a post before it goes live. And last but not least, I am a huge fan of the reporting, easy to generate reports for each platform that we can send or review for clients as frequently as need. Also was extremely helpful for end of year/new year meetings I had in December and January, I was more prepared and educated about our stats than ever before, with just a few clicks.

CONS

Wishing you had Pintrest posting (we use and pay for Tailwind). More education on how to use social listening. More capabilities of the apps (to approve ideally or quick switch out or fix posts). To be able to answer chats/DMs in your app, so we can track our responses through stats.

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

All the features in one dashboard, and the Instagram integrations. We still don't use the Ad function, even though we anticipated it and tried.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

We were overwhelmed and one of our former team members recommended Falcon. We saw some demos and decided to take the leap. It was more expensive than we expected but the promise of expanded features and our hope to grow because of the ease of managing more social accounts helped us to say yes.

Justine

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Falcon.io

PROS

Customer service is prompts and helpful. The calendar view for upcoming scheduled posts is helpful

CONS

Always seems to be under maintenance, disconnected accounts happens frequently, previews have issues with spacing/layout requiring the browser to be refreshed which is just annoying, lots of improvements that can be made but overall a decent software to use

n/a

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

A client suggested that we use this software instead.

Alicia

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Must-Have for a Busy Agency

Overall I love it for scheduling, analytics, and engagement management. I have noticed a few bugs with it not working certain days or posts not able to go through. But for the most part, with how much I use it, I've had minimal issues, and I would recommend this for any agency or social media marketer that is juggling a lot of clients.

PROS

This platform cuts out hours of time scheduling & customizing posts for multiple social media platforms. It's also a great tool for managing comments/messages for multiple clients in one easy, organized location.

CONS

FB Business Suite now allows you to schedule IG & FB stories, while Falcon still doesn't have that feature. Also we paid for the Advertising feature which allows you to set up FB ads directly through the platform, however I have found that I still end up using FB Ads Manager to maintain my advertising. I was excited about the idea of being able to do everything in one spot initially but the advertising feature is not easy to use, although I'm sure a lot of that has to do with what the FB API allows for third-party apps, and you can't easily set up different types of ads & optimization, so you end up having to move to FB Ads Manager anyway to do anything that isn't a basic "boost."

Reason for choosing Brandwatch

It had more capabilities, including the paid advertising feature.

Hilary

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Falcon Review

PROS

I like the ease of use when assigning messages to my team. I also like the calendar view and the ease with which can reschedule posts.

CONS

My least favorite thing about Falcon is the reporting module, I'd love to see some revenue based KPIs in there as well.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

Wanted a more robust product

Arseniy

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

All-in-one tool for social media

We are managing several dozen channels and over 70 users in a dozen countries - for me as an admin and coordinator Falcon provides tools to see what's happening where and allocate access and resources easily.

PROS

- Ease of user/channel management. - One-stop solution for publishing, engagement, listening and analytics - Reliable and easy web-interface and bulk upload features - Very responsive customer support - Lots of customer success management support - training, webinars, etc.

CONS

- I am less impressed by Measure tools than the rest of the suite, but this largely because we have extensive needs for pretty customised reporting on social channels' performance and I find it more productive to work with raw data and custom made dashboards. If you are a content manager and need to keep an eye on some key numbers - Falcon is OK.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great and easy to use content planning tool

PROS

Full range of features that enables you to set and previsualize

CONS

Uncertainties around the figures shared due to non real time display

Easier user interface

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

Price, and tool more robust

Anthony

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great software with just a few bugs

Overall, Falcon has been a great social media management tool and we would highly recommend

PROS

I love the level of detail in Falcon. The analytic tools are great and the engage platform is phenomenal. We are also equally impressed with the Listen tool.

CONS

There has been a few moments where we had extreme bugs that took weeks to resolve. However, the support team went above and beyond and has always quickly gotten back to us and regularly communicated.

Cost.

Conor

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Overall a great & efficient software, with some room for improvement.

It's definitely tidied up our social media scheduling process and has allowed us to track things without searching back through our posting history. Once twitter impressions are implemented this will be near enough perfect.

PROS

The tagging/labelling posts is by far the best feature we use. It allows us to categorise by player or sponsor and then easily pull off the data for all of those posts collectively.

CONS

The software is still yet to implement twitter impressions as part of the label reports which makes collecting the data more work than it should be.

Reasons for switching to Brandwatch

The post labelling feature.

Tom