All Hootsuite Reviews

1-25 of 3,266 Reviews

Sean

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Brock

June 2022

Great for businesses and distributed teams

This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

Pros

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

Cons

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We have actually held onto SKED but we made the switch because more of our content contributors were familiar with hootsuite than sprout.

Shaheer

June 2022

It's Easy and Good

As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

Pros

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

Cons

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

If you're on the go, a social media management app such as Hootsuite can be an invaluable tool. This program can centralize your social media profiles and messages so you can manage them all in one place. You can reply to messages, see analytics, and collaborate with team members without leaving the app. Hootsuite also lets you view multiple social networks at once and schedule posts to each.

December 2022

Hootsuite has been our go-to SMM tool for years

Between my time in media and at social media agencies, I've used Hootsuite across a number of business and client accounts. The platform equips social media managers with the tools and insights needed to support their campaigns, content and marketing initiatives. The customer service is attentive and supportive, and Hootsuite U offers tons of professional development opportunities for staff.

Pros

The ability to collaborate on social across the organization, with real-time insights that help to power business decisions, is the leading factor for why we use Hootsuite.

Cons

Although it can be costly, Hootsuite really does offer the best value for investment. We would like to see more functionality in UE and reporting, but aside from that, we have no cons to list.

Susana

Practical and useful

Pros

If you need to manage all your social media, this app is very helpful and very practical.

Cons

The app works better on the mobile than on the computer. In addition, the photos are sometimes updated in poor quality.

November 2022

An easy way to manage your social media content

Hootsuite is a massive time saver for social media management and content scheduling.

Pros

It is an easy, straight forward tool for scheduling content on multiple social platforms at once.

Cons

Now that Meta business suite has a scheduling tool, I am finding it hard to find the full value in this program. There are however features and platforms that Meta doesn't cater for.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Looking for a time saving solution for social media management

Oyeyemi

The most user-friendly Social Media management Tool

Using Hootsuite has been a wonderful experience and has made maintaining my social media accounts much simpler and easier

Pros

I really liked being able to plan and share content across many platforms because it saved me so much time between all of my accounts. I was able to simultaneously keep an eye on my social media accounts thanks to it and Hootsuite is unquestionably the tool to use if you want to monitor and enhance your social media performance. Very user-friendly app.

Cons

To be as good as the rest, the app's free edition might need more functionality.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I wasn't getting enough from it

Hayley

December 2022

Imperative tool for any marketing team

Pros

Scheduling tool I find the most useful. Especially as it’s a small marketing team so we need to cover holidays and annual leave. It also helps when there are more than one person posting on the social accounts as you can monitor and edit posts to see what is going out over that week and beyond.

Cons

I think it is quite basic and now many social media platforms have their own scheduling tools so this doesn’t add as much value now as it did in the past.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Cost and I have used it before in the past.

Courtney

Industry: Publishing

December 2022

Hootsuite is a must for busy multi-taskers!

Overall, I have a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It's my tool of choice for scheduling and social media data analysis.

Pros

I love the ability to pre-schedule content across multiple platforms and projects. Being organized and prepared for the future is very important in my industry, and Hootsuite is my number one tool for scheduling!

Cons

The only complaint I have is that some advanced features can be pricey for small businesses that don't have a lot of capital anyway. I'd love to see a small biz tier that is discounted.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

More features for a better price.

Elisa

December 2022

Good all-round social media scheduling product

I've used the free plan through to mid-paid plans. THe free plan is outgrown very quickly and may not even be enough for some start ups wanting to do a good job on social media. The paid plans are expensive but comprehensive and overall Hootsuite is a great tool for any marketing team.

Pros

The dashboard allows you to easily visualize all of your scheduled posts. Hootsuite is straightforward and simple to use and provides all the features you will need for social scheduling and content management.

Cons

The free plan is very limited and only suited to those with a small number of social media channels and only looking to post a few times per week. From the free plan, the price jumps quite quickly to what is unaffordable for some small businesses.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

The alternatives didn't offer enough features or better pricing to warrant the learning curve it would have taken a team to learn.

January 2023

It's good but...

Pros

We started using Hootsuite but found it cumbersome and that it had a bit of a learning curve. We also found it had way more features than our little small business needed. It's also more expensive than others.

Cons

Too many options for a free version. It was overwhelming and made the software feel difficult to use as a novice. But perhaps it's meant for more advanced users? That may be the case.

Alberto

April 2022

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.

Ben

Getting Better with Time

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite seemed to combine all our organizational needs as it pertains to platform management, content scheduling, and analytics in a way that was easier to use than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

As a professional, I liked the look and interface of Hootsuite better than CoSchedule. I thought it was easier to use and had better control over multiple tools.

Shanna

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Cons

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We're looking around due to a recent price increase on Sprout, and comparing features. We really value the feeds tool, enough to pay a slightly higher monthly fee than we would on Sprout.

Sunil

September 2022

Social Media Management - Trust the Leader

It was good and it worked smoothly (on a self serving mode)

Pros

The ready to integrate plugin to add 3rd party services is a great feature to extend the usability.

Cons

Poor customer support and longer TAT on query resolution

Market reputation

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Frequently integration failures with the social media accounts

Meisha

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Spoorthy