• Pros

• "Easy to use inexpensive lots of designers will work with this cart"

• "Good basic features for creating a website. Drag and drop and editing it pretty nice. Nice for small company Ecommerce site."

• "I moved my store from another website host that use a very hard program to use. I found this software very easy to use and navigate. I was able to get my store up and running in a few days. "

• Cons

• "A little difficult to maneuver at first, but the support is great."

• "It is a bit pricey and has a lot of restrictions regarding products. If you wanted to upload a decent amount of products to your site, the monthly fee is pretty high."

• "3dCart is open to new ideas and provides a web site to enter ideas too. But they are a bit slow in bringing in at least critical features."

Browse 3dcart Reviews

Stephen

August 2016

Easy to use & great support

We wrote our own website prior to using 3dcart and when tablets & smart phones started to be a big chunk of the search & buying we had to do something. 3dcart's system is so much easier that writing code. You can have a product added within just a few minutes. The cost saving in time pays for it's self over and over again. Plus now it automatically adjusts for every size screen and type of device like the smart phones ect.

Pros

The program has just about everything we need and other stuff to grow into. The support people are great, they help us when needed and normally solve my issues and questions in a few hours or less.

Cons

They have changed over to a new platform last year but most of the knowledge base questions and answers are for the old platform. So the directions are misleading because stuff has moved around to different places on the site. They still allow use of the old platform and really should force customer's to use the new version and update the knowledgebase.

Great Solution for Growing Online Sales

3dCart allowed our direct sale business to become an online business, with bells and whistles we thought would only be possible at a much higher monthly cost. We were able to develop a multi-state following, and offer incentives and loyalty programs, all for a very affordable monthly price. The headaches were minor in comparison to what 3dCart has done for us!

Pros

For a small, growing business with an ever-expanding product base, 3dCart meets the need for scalability, ease of adding product details, behind the scenes product management and point of sale tracking, giving a really good all-in-one place to track and grow without the heavy investment of some other popular solutions.

Cons

The printed reports are good, comprehensive, and useful; the ability to integrate them easily with other software is somewhat lacking; it can be done, but with some of the accounting software we tried, it was a difficult porting process. Customer service was as helpful as they could be, but many of our shortcomings became wish list suggestions for their developers.

Reasons for Choosing 3dcart

3dCart offered more features for the price, except for possibly BigCommerce.

Jim from MID-AMERICA CYCLES

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Viewing On Line Commerce in 3D

We have been able to offer financed products through 3D Cart and Klarna which has helped our on-line sales. It appears that 3D cart has a ways to go to make their web services seamless for less than IT Manager level users.

Pros

Initially because it allowed us to utilize Klarna. As we converted from ARI, I found that the site was much easier to navigate and manage than ARI.

Cons

Sizing of the photos. Some of the pages require a specific size of photo which isn't readily available. I haven't identified the path to convert what I want to what will fit, so my photos aren't consistent and frankly look amateur. When asked, the 3D staff said that they don't have a solution for this.

Reasons for Choosing 3dcart

The conversations I had with the rep were relaxed and informative. He returned my calls promptly and answered all the questions I had developed speaking ( and not speaking) with the other providers.

Joel from Ardent MediaComm

Coding required!

It was great for the time we had it. But, too much moving around with the interface and lots of coding to get things in the right layout. As powerful as it may be, we had to switch to something simpler.

Pros

It's a good e-commerce shopping cart for a majority of online sales. Offering a comprehensive e-commerce solution. It has retail multi-channel and marketing capabilities as well, an advanced customizable platform.

Cons

For the most part, would require someone who knows some html. In other words, not for basic users. And it offers limited themes. Most useful for doing things from scratch.

Jessica from Onyx Xteriors

Industry: Wholesale

Very Intense Shopping Cart

Having an oversized website can be a huge headache. But breaking things down to parts and structuring them to the 3D Cart system has made it much easier to keep things organized.

Pros

It works well with any level of developer. For beginners you can make and publish a product with just a name, pic and price. But the more savvy can get as detailed on the products and functionality as they want. The site even allows for custom programming and html mock ups. So as a simple to diverse system, this has been the best I've seen. And I have tried many platforms. This has been my favorite. And when they say "unlimited" they mean Unlimited.

Cons

Having such a large website sometimes things break and take time to fix. But they do have 24 hour support to help.

Reasons for Choosing 3dcart

The other platforms did not even come close to comparing to 3D Cart. There were too many limitations on products, categories, options and values. Our site is too multi functional to run on theirs.

Katie from Mountain Mutt

Love my website!

Pros

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products Free shipping for specific items only Integration with Canada Post Huge database with How To info Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Cons

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

3dcart offers features they don't, while being more affordable for my small biz

Robert from MdM Shell Books

Excellent product

I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

Pros

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company from

Cons

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

Reasons for Choosing 3dcart

I tried the free trials offered by competing products and found that the 3dCart software was the easiest to use and offered more features for the price than did their competitors

the best ecommerce shopping cart software

Well-priced service with plenty of customization options and excellent customer support!

Pros

unparalleled customization options. Solid customer support. Lots of payment gateway options. Integration with Google Sponsored, ebay, etc. Cheaper than the competition. Most importantly, the ability to tag items with metadata and key words for SEO purposes.

Cons

There's a few small glitches. Returns of individual line items is not easy. Sometimes the username/password input seems to freeze up. Knowledge base still references old platform. But overall well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing 3dcart

pricing, services, and customer support

Kevin from Kevins Worldwide LLC

Shopping Cart made simple

We have had a very positive experience with the usability of 3d cart . I would recommend it.

Pros

The product is inexpensive and has a lot of canned features. For a company in need of an inexpensive solution, this is the one

Cons

lack of customizing. i have a bunch of clients that need stores. each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way

Overall, pretty good

Pros

Cons

Lacking in more advanced features. Lacks sophisticated design and plugins like other platforms have.

Bill from Rena OEM Sales

Industry: Wholesale

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

Pros

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

Cons

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

Lillian from CMR, INC

Industry: Medical Devices

It is fairly easier program to operate.

We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

Pros

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

Cons

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

Karolyn from Comfort Management Corp.

Solid Sofware with API Capabilities

Pros

opportunity to customize is not limited. We've been using 3D cart for about 5 years. I've been mostly happy with how it works. If you have some development background, that helps but is not required. The import/export features and the ability to have control over your site is where they shine. Customer returns are off -- you can return an order easy enough, but if you're returning single line items, it doesn't work -- you have to band-aid that part. Customer service is stellar. For the price, it offers a lot of functionality and opportunity for 3rd party integrations.

Cons

the actual back end phone order/customer service/returns etc needs tweaked.

#1 eCommerce Software

It is the ease of use which we at Ascend Tools really like. It is full of rich features like detail product listings (more than other platforms), SEO, optimization, integration with Google, ebay and others. Many modern and conventional templates; there is one for any kind of business. Almost unlimited number of payment gateways and many payment options; last one was Pay with Amazon in September 2016.

Pros

Integration with Google Sponsored product listing and upload. The customer support doesn't rest until they have answered your question.

Ryan from KwikRoom

My Experience With 3dCart

Site was pretty easy to set up but their support is excellent! Very knowledgeable and friendly. Whenever I have a problem, they jump on it and come up with a solution quickly, which is very helpful since i am a business man and not a programmer. Maintenance fee is very reasonable which helps the bottom line. Their online knowledge base is good but a little difficult to use since the options lack the detail to easily find your option. I had trouble setting up the merchant account and thought that better integration with Persolvent would help, especially explaining the different plan options. The Persolvent options gave me the inpression that the two companies were more turnkey without spending time over a week and a half to complete the integration. Ended up going with PayPal because the integration was much easier. Again, 3dCart's phone reps were very helpful and took charge of solving the problem for me. I highly recommend 3dCart if you are designing an E-Commerce site for your business.

Pros

Pretty easy to use

Cons

Integration to other services like Avalara and Persolvent .

Silvanus from FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC

Industry: Dairy

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart. everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

Pros

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

Cons

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

Mary from Saratoga Zymurgist

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

Pros

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Cons

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time. Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

Eva from RapidMaterials.com

Industry: Building Materials

Greatest Value Shopping Cart

I have used many shopping carts such as Shopify, BigCommerce, VirtueMart (Joomla) and Miva 9, and 3dCart is by far the best. Many users claim that Shopify provides good SEO - yes and no. I found out that this is because Shopify automatically fill in the meta tag fields, so a novice user does not have to worry about SEO. Most of these other platforms have many restrictions and more meant for novice users. For 3dcart, one has the flexibility to do anything and get the best out of the platform. I particular love the support and technical teams. They go all the way out to assist us, even to restructure the databases to accommodate our migration. To me, that's impressive. 3dCart includes many apps as standard for a low monthly price, whereas, many of these important apps such as customer management system, live chat etc are not included in most of these other platforms, and one would have to purchase the apps separately from third parties which may make the monthly operating cost very high. As a previous Shopify user myself, I've heard many disgruntle users over the high monthly costs and many are contemplating migrating. For me and my company, 3dCart provides the best value and I award it with 5 stars all round. Well done, 3dCart!

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, value for money

Cons

Setting up sub-categories can be a challenge

Jim from Everywhere Chair LLC

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Pros

Full solution

Cons

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

Tom from ToolTrucks.com

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

Pros

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.

Brian from Magnets For Marketing

Flexible software

I am very happy with the service. I like how flexible the software is. It is not just plug 'n play like a do-it-yourself site builder. If you know a little bit of programming you can really customize the appearance and functionality of almost every component of the site. The only reason that I didn't give 5 stars for 'support' is because the online chat is gone. I used to be able to chat with someone in real time but now there is never anyone available. I do always get a response but it is the form of an email and it's the next day. Sometimes, i have a quick question like, "I can't find XYZ.html and i want to edit it." The support staff is good though. I would not have my site without them They really taught me a lot about how this software works so that I can do things for myself.

Pros

Flexible. Good price.

Cons

Can't think of one.

LORRAINE from Lorraine Scuderi Dollhouse Miniatures

Ease of use

Tech support has been very helpful with my Google listing issues and directed me in how to resolve my issues. I was able to work within the software to make the necessary fixes.

Pros

Cons

There is no way to make price adjustments without changing each one individually. It is repetitive and time consuming.

Greg from Greg Aanes Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Pros

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

Cons

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

Lea from Drastic Plastic Records

Great eCommerce platform

Pros

Our store website is built using the 3dCart platform. I really like how it tracks and give your detail information regarding the customers and their purchases. As a store manager you can really use this information.

Cons

The customer service chat takes a very long time to get responses at times. I should however mention that their staff is really knowledgeable!

Mark from Impact Merch

Good Value

We have 2 store sites with 3dCart and it's been pretty useful. It's relatively easy to manage the backend of your store. It allows you to do all of the business basics, and most of the product settings are pretty standard when you compare them with other e-commerce platforms. There are some limitations, but we haven't run into too many of those. The front-end design isn't bad either. They offer plenty of responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) templates, and with HTML and CSS knowledge, they are also customizable. Also works well with your accounting software. Most files are exportable in .csv format.

Pros

Easy to Use Great for Small Businesses

Cons

Monthly Fee Limitations

Almost perfect

I find 3dcart easy to use and really do like the interface however many customers have had issues when shopping and I've often had to tell them to clear their cache/cookies so that the cart would work properly. This may be a bigger issue for me because I have repeat customers saving orders in their carts.

Pros

Easy to use inexpensive lots of designers will work with this cart

Cons

Some customers get logged and are not able to place orders.

Jeff from I Love Copper

3D cart eCommerce experience

I have used 3dcart for over three years now and have 3 sites hosted with them. They are sharp on their customer support and the features are abundant. I would recommend them for a start up business or a ongoing business to launch a web site and become part of the eCommerce revolution.

Pros

All the features and the reliability of the company.

Cons

Pricey on the hosting plan I am on due to traffic but not reflected in my sales.

Cindy from Choc'oWrap Inc.

New to 3dCart

So far so good. I am not live yet as I still need to figure out my payment processing gateway to use.

Pros

I really like all the various features that you can do with your online store. The amount of things I can do and adjust or add to my product listings is ten times more than the last online store company i used.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve for me. Also, when I originally called to inquire about this product I was assured that I could allow two currencies to be used for my customers as I serve USA and Canada. Once I got all set up though, I was advised that I can only use one currency at a time. If I want more, then I have to clone my store for more money and have a store for each currency.

Harold

Happy for over 2 years!

Great product and order management capabilities. Quick start templates are fairly solid as foundation to a better site. We offer engraving and personalize on our products. 3dCart was the only Internet software that offered what we needed without code modification. SEO capabilities are maturing.

Pros

Secure. Flexible. Fast. Solid management tools. Good quick-start templates.

Cons

Noting noteworthy sticks out as a con.

Mitch from UFODrums.com

Happy Volusion Switcher!

3dcart was brought to my attention at a time where my frustration level with Volusion was peaking. I really didn't want to rebuild my website again, but 3dcart offered so much more bank for the buck that I had to commit and begin rebuilding. The feature I love most is product options - it has simplified my multi-sized product arrays from a both point of views, the customer and administrator. Absolutely love it! I could go on and on about other features that you pay extra of with Volusion, but I'll just say that 3dcart is far superior for the money than Volusion and GoDaddy as well (before Volusion). I didn't give it 5-stars for Features & Functionality because there are a couple simple improvements that 3dcart must make for that 5th star, so I hope they are busy with plans to keep innovating and expanding their eCommerce Platform!

Pros

Product Options

Cons

Lack of a user-editable price option feature. Rewards doesn't account for different level of rewards for a product with price level options. A feature (check-box) to disable directions on the contact us page - for eCommerce sites without a physical store, which is many, why show directions to an address that has no merit?

Nik from Impact Merchandising

Great as a whole

Pros

The 3dcart-platform is a good starter e-commerce platform for those trying to launch a commerce store. It's easy to use and offers a complete e-commerce solution.

Cons

Not a huge fan of the different price-tier plans that they offer. If you're on the lower plans you seem to always exceed you bandwidth limit.

Susan from Drastic Plastic Records

Love it

Pros

We currently are using 3dCart as our e-commerce sales platform and this shopping car addon is certainly nice to have. It's very useful and easy to use. Everything is explained on the site.

Cons

No cons with 3dCart's shopping cart itself. My only beef is that the 3dCart platform is a little pricey.

Dan from Print Cartridge Pro

Still need to improve Support

I like it and have recommended many other businesses to use it.

Pros

The functionality and the broad way the platform was built to accept many different types of retailers.

Cons

The lack of logs that show me a range of activities on the site (mine, yours or customers).

3d cart

I have been using them for over 2 years to host out website. They always provide good service. I have never had any problem with them and they provide great customer service

Pros

reasonably priced, great customer service

Cons

none that I can think of

Vincent from Hayer Bishan Singh & Sons Ltd

Working with 3Dcart

Pros

I like the that 3Dcart has a powerful API that allowed me to integrate other tools according to the needs of my regional customers. For example I was able to make it work with M-PESA mobile payment which is Kenyans largest payment system.

Cons

The customer service can take quite a long time to reply my queries and customizing the 3Dcart can very expensive.

Ed from Microraptor Computer Services

Need to Sell Online? 3D Cart Makes it Happen!

Overall 3D Cart can take get your retail business online fast and efficiently.

Pros

3D helped us get our online up and running fast. Their system is easy to use and had a great set of features. We literally had our store up and running in just days! When we needed a hand, they were there.

Cons

A few more design options would be a great addition.

Great customer service

Overall solid trust worthy platform to build your ecommerce site with.

Pros

Easy to get ahold of custmer service when issues arrose.

Cons

Difficulties integrating with platforms such as facebook and instagram.

michael from Thursday's Golden Goodies

Industry: Music

3dcart review

Happy with.

Pros

Adding new features, unlimited products and bandwidth for the plan

Cons

customer service does take some time to get back to us The live chat does not exist anymore.

Carlos Adrin

I use this cart now only by the point of sale

Pros

The software is good, but it is very difficult to integrate with other tools, I had to use zapier to be able to automate all my processes, but in general it has worked correctly

Cons

the addons are very expensive, it is difficult to develop something extra, the support by chat is not live, in reality they generate tickets and take a few hours to answer, you can not use your own SSL, it is necessary to buy one with them

Joe from The Birdsafe Store

Great Value & Support

3dCart is my fourth ecommerce platform, best so far, great features for the money. There are some basic things like better Captcha that are desperately needed, as well as better flexibility on promotions, but they are improving. So far customer support has been outstanding.

Pros

value, features, support

Cons

minor things, need better Captcha.

Dana from Drastic Plastic Records

Good for managing small business needs

Pros

It's easy to add and edit new products. It's customizable to your needs as a small business which is nice.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy here and there. There's a lot of little tricks that could be beneficial to you but aren't apparent on the website.

Jason from JMH Consulting LLC

Industry: Research

Great support!

Overall, 3dCart has cut down on the time it would have taken to go to several people for services to set up my website store. Instead of getting a web developer, an SEO expert, and other services, everything is in the admin panel!

Pros

Most of the functions are easy to learn and use. I like that you don't have to know how to code to do a lot of cool things for your store. And for whatever I can't figure out, support is available 24-7 and they are GREAT!

Cons

The shipping portal. I have my 3dCart store integrated with shippingeasy because I like shippingeasy's functions for CRM and shipping rules. It would be awesome if 3dCart just used shippingeasy as the shipping portal.

Robert from Friendly Fumes LLC

3d Cart Software

Https has given us better search results. Which is available inhouse

Pros

The back end is very organized to include opening up new pages and most importantly SEO areas. With updates Google aims at e-commerce websites, the 3dcart software is a day at the beach.

Cons

I personally can't think of a single area. If images were available awesome however we found it's best to obtain that with a camera.

Casey from New Glarus Bakery

August 2016

A robust, easy to use piece of software with endless customization and wonderful support.

After using 3dcart with a previous company, I recommended it to my new employer when it came time to switch to a new software platform. I'm always impressed by the customer service, and for the ability to customize sites for the unique needs of any business.

Jean from Sundance Sheepskin and Leahter

We are very please with this web page server and the service that has been provided.

We have had your web page server for a little over a year now and are very happy with it. Any issues that arise are taken care of pretty quickly by your customer service department.

Pros

fast and easy to use

Cons

email storage space

Matthew from Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii

easy to use

Pros

This was such a simple thing to set up. In fact, this was so much easier than our last checkout process that customers began mentioning in their reviews.

JD from Consulting

Best bang for your buck!

Well setup cart system. Great support staff. Not sure what to do or how ask! Fast friendly service! Set up your sales in a short time with lots of plug-in automation.

Pros

Easy of use, great support, easy automation plug-ins

Cons

Gui could be prettier; support materials could be better so I don't leads have to ask for help

Dan from Family Medicine Notes

3D cart provides a great site that lets you do almost anything you can think of.

It operates our business

Pros

Very versatile and can be used for many different applications. We are able to adapt the site to our needs even when those needs change.

Cons

Takes a couple days to understand how to navigate their do it yourself programming. After that you are able to move around the site easily.

Amber from Diamond Rose Shears

I love this Shopping Cart!

My experience with 3dcart has been great. I am always able to get help from tech support if needed.

Pros

This shopping cart has unlimited product options and is very user friendly. No instruction manual is needed!

Cons

I like everything about this software, especially how easy it is to use. There is nothing about it that I do not like.

Good start but ultimately had to switch

It was a great start for my eCommerce business

Pros

It's an all in one solution for eCommerce, has more features you'll need to start your business or run your online store at it's simplest form. Good customer service.

Cons

Lack of plugins and customization like Wordpress Woocommerce offers. Customization involves costly up sells from the 3dcart team. Exporting to another platform if and when you're ready is NOT clean and easy of a process. Was very messy to bring data to woocommerce.