• Pros

• "Easy to use at POS. Easy to train someone on. Easy to program new products, prices or menu's on. Quick speed."

• "I like the ease of use. Even a brand new employee of a company can jump right in and use this intuitive software. Also you can use it as an in house system or could based."

• "Weekly and summary reports are easy, clock ins are easy to adjust. Having the ability to temporarily disable a menu item is great."

• Cons

• "Legacy system, not user-friendly. The color of the screen is also ancient. Never seen a customer service response this bad. We run a restaurant, and time is money. "

• "It was clunky and hard to integrate with our business that was expanding. When we incorporated more online orders/catering software this program wasn't keeping up to our standards."

• "at the beginning there was several customization that was required more that what was planned "

Browse Aloha POS Reviews

Nichole from Tavern 101

Aloha! Hello!

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Kathy from Revolution rotisserie and bar

Aloha POS works great

Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

Pros

I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

Cons

I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

Peter from Mad Taco

Industry: Restaurants

It always comes down to service

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should. Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Anthony from Fatburger

Perfect for Restaurants

Overall it works great with ADP interface for timekeeping.

Pros

Aloha is perfect for restaurants industries. I used it at Fatburger at all our store locations. We pulled payroll hours and exported it into ADP easily.

Cons

I can't say much about what I liked least about it since I only used it for payroll purposes. However it had over great functions.

Jessica from Twin Peaks Restaurants

Easiest POS System To Learn

Pros

I’ve been using this POS system for 4 years and it didn’t take long to understand how it works.

Cons

This software will glitch from time to time when pressing certain command buttons.

Julia from Rockin Baja Lobster

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Pros

Ease of usability for Front of house Reliable Industry Standard/ Familiarity Good customer service if you pay for that service

Cons

Outdated software Limited additional software upgrades Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

Jenica from Jenica's Blissful Beauty & Supply

Just ok.

The system could have changed since I used it but I didn’t exactly love it where I am primary English.

Pros

It had a lot of different features. Many options for different reports(ie tax and sales) and customer information.

Cons

Once I learned the system it was easy but there was so many steps to get from point A to point B sometimes. Also I used this software at an old workplace and it was all in French. Although it had an English option not everything translated and some of the things that did simply didn’t make sense.

Taleen from Spice Monkey

Time consuming, but functional

Pros

Cons

It takes multiple steps to change a menu, and to add items. You have multiple cash out sheets, so it is complicated to count out at the end of your shift

Christopher from Attila Wings

Aloha is Modern Looking

Too Slow, Bad Customer Service, and Not User Friendly at All.

Pros

Seems newer in style, table layouts are nice, and Equipment is newer/modern.

Cons

Customer service is horrible, when using in Casinos Comp using is too complicated and time-consuming, and this P.O.S. is not good to use in high volume businesses.

Gabriel from WFM

Needs a major overhaul

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Pros

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

Cons

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

Vince from All Aboard, Inc.

Ease of use Software

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Pros

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Cons

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

Don from Shuckin' Shack Franchising, LLC

POS functionality

It is too difficult to navigate the back of the house functionality. There are too many steps involved.

Pros

Ease of use for servers in that the categorization and screens are easy to follow and remember. The checkout feature for daily data capturing is also very usefull.

Cons

Back of the house programming. Changing buttons and designing screens, along with changing the footer on the customer ticket, is too difficult to navigate easily.

Robert from Jimboys

Best POS enterprise on market

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Pros

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Cons

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Raleigh from Fenix

Aloha POS

Pros

Aloha is amazing if you know how to work it.... You can run everything through it, reports, inventory, sales. It tracks what the employees are entering and who is voiding out tickets.

Cons

You have to take a class in order to really understand the full potential Aloha offers. We have used the system for 4 years and i am still having trouble figuring out each function.

Thomas from Chefs Crossing Countries

Dependable product

Pros

We used Aloha in most restaurants I've worked. I have used Aloha in Central America in 4 different locations. Purchased by owners for its ease of use.

Cons

Its older designs are not easily updateable. Support used to be a crapshoot, but now in the super competitive market of specialized POS, I'm sure they have improved their phone professionalism.

Richard from Lancaster Brewing Company

Aloha POS

Pros

Cons

Setting up in house can be more confusing if a restaraunt or store is doing it themselves. Takes a little bit of tech knowledge to setup.

Tina from Rockin Baja Lobster

Industry: Restaurants

Very easy to use and to teach

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to teach to new employees. Easy to process payments and close out checks. Easiest use for bartenders I've seen.

Cons

Different functions available at different places I've worked at. If there is ever a power outage there is no built in backup battery or access to the open checks.

TJ from Settlers Hospitality Group

Industry: Restaurants

Costly, but great operating, staff enjoyed, easy system

Pros

Ease of use, staff friendly, back office ok, once set up. Reporting is easy & efficient. Cloud based a big plus

Cons

Set up is brutal, cost is high, customer service was non existent. System did crash more than once. Wasn't easy to integrate payroll or sales history

Jazmin from Flour Bakery + Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Aloha was our old POS system that was fine for a smaller business but not for a company of our size

For a smaller company (100ppl) this wasn't a bad POS system. For larger companies I'd suggest a different POS system.

Pros

Once you understood the setup and features it was easy to use and train staff on. It was also nice you could create multiple gift cards at once.

Sean from Wild Wing Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Good customer service, quick reslove.

Pros

Cons

When downloaded new version, lost most of old stuff. Sometime when calling for support we get someone that really doesn't seem to know what their doing.

Katherine from ORG Restaurants Inc

User Friendly

Pros

User friendly at the restaurant level. At the programming level, Aloha has added new options with each upgrade that make programming easy.

Cons

Some functions do not work even with the support companies assistance such as Movies at clock in. I understand there are companies that have been able to make the movies work, but those are larger companies with an IT department. With the 12.3 release I am unable to drop in data bases to the file server. This function was removed when they moved to a sequel server setup. This has greatly complicated the programming function at multiple locations without paying more money for another service.

Roy from Amdocs

Fast and Easy POS

Pros

Saving time , easy to use , very user freindly

Grace from Mamma mias

My favorite pos system

So I have used NCR Aloha POS off and on for years. My company used it before I worked there and then switched, but I don’t know why. Aloha is not as user friendly for back of the house stuff but once you familiarize yourself with it, it’s much easier to understand. The front of house part of the system is very easy to use and I love that servers can do things like combine checks etc and help them work smarter and me more efficiently

Pros

Easy to use User friendly Easy to have employees do things alone

Cons

Back of house not as user friendly as others

Chris from Tipsy'z

Industry: Restaurants

Horrible System and even Worse Customer Service!

Cons

I wish I could give them a "0," because this is the absolute worst company I have ever done business with... They do not return phone calls or emails, routinely overcharge my account, deduct money without warning for chargebacks that I have no knowledge of or have received no paperwork regarding. I never know who to call for what because the company is so large and they source everything to different departments. I cannot express enough how much displeasure, frustration, and anger doing business with this company has caused me. I have reached my limit and will be switching our POS system as well as processing away from Aloha and NCR. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.... AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Timea from Country Fair Inc.

Industry: Restaurants

Not bad, could be better

It's not bad, but make sure that you have clear plans for implementation if you are a start up.

Pros

Easy to use, most of our employees used it before, we didn't have spend time on training them, it can be customized to meet your needs

Cons

With all the customizing it's easy to make mistakes. One field can interfere with the other. It's a nightmare to get it integrated with our payroll.

Diane from Construction

Easy to Use

Very easy to use and most employees will adapt quickly.

Pros

This is by far the most popular POS system in most restaurants I have worked which makes an easy transition for servers since most of them have used this before. It is very easy to learn and train others on. It can handle all the reports needed with the proper training.

Cons

The back of the house functionality has not been as easy to the front of the house to navigate.

Amanda from Westwood

General manager

This product is great! Best pos system for the industry.

Wadi from Manhattan Deli Bar & Grille

Industry: Restaurants

Aloha is a very dependable system, but a little complicated in programming.

We have had Aloha for about 15 years. It is a very robust and dependable system. Very happy with the daily operation it provides. We love the rewards program and the gift card features (for additional monthly fee) it has. They are well integrated. Last year we added the takeout module feature which allows you to program orders in the future; this module is not as well integrated as the rest of the feature. We have had problems with it and has not been resolved yet. Recently when we have needed tech support the response time is not as good as it used to be with some support response taking over 24 hours to respond.

Pros

The dependability it provides; rarely does it crash if ever.

Cons

complicated to make changes and some features (take out module not well integrated).

krista from Smashburger

User Friendly and Quick to Learn

Pros

Of all of the systems I've used in restaurants, Aloha is by far the most easily learned and widely used. Employees with food service experience are likely already familiar with the interface. Changing items in the menu is a breeze.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's the prettiest system, I am not sure if there are newer versions with a nicer looking interface, though. I wouldn't suggest having this screen facing customers (which I often see in restaurants) because of this.

Elliot from be nicerestaurants

Industry: Restaurants

lack of ability to fix problems with hardware

lack of ability to speak with service managers. We are operating a business and struggle to maintain standards when fighting with the computor

Pros

when the computer it worked it was very stable system, i think its rediculas that i need to write one words of positive when it isnt a positive experience

Cons

service is awful- cant fix all the problems, we had credit card processing issues and checks double printing on multiple kitchen printers. sometimes just switching out the unit isn't the solution. We have called and emailed for weeks and problems are not being resolved.

Phuong from Rockin' Baja Lobster Group

Industry: Restaurants

Software streamlines HR documents but is still glitchy.

Pros

Organization of files, user-friendly interface, can organize both HR files along with other paperwork

Cons

Glitchy, occasionally not enough communication within customer service dept. (Ex: we were told one thing by one representative and something else from another)

Dale from Ricottas

Aloha pos review

Pros

Flexibility to cover a wide range of programming needs. Like take out delivery, inventory, age verification, scheduling needs, Etc.

Cons

Takes a while do get upgrades and new versions stable enough for local dealer to implement at store level

Julius from EAC YOUTH

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Aloha is simple and reliable

With Aloha POS we are able to receive high number of payments during our conferences with ease using various payment methods as opposed to the past when the process was slow and ineffective.

Pros

It is easily customisable to fit different industries we used it to accept conference payments while other people use it majorly for restaurants, it's affordable, works in almost all operating systems but not my Chromebook but works online so I have nothing to worry about, the design is user friendly.

Cons

Learning how to use all the features effectively was a task but after I understood it I enjoyed it.

March 2016

Tom from Red Lodge Restaurants

March 2016

Aloha - they are not keeping up

Pros

it is very flexible and configurable, it is easy to use and learn for the servers.

Cons

it is not always stable, and can be very buggy. It was great 10 or 15 years ago, but they have not kept up and the software is plagued by old code.

Tanner from Beaches

2.5

April 2016

Very user friendly and customizable

Pros

Honestly it helps managing the big picture of the restaurant using your sales, labor and sales mix to control your shift.

Cons

Sometimes support takes a while to get back to you.

Keiko from Plenty USA Inc. (DBA Santouka)

Industry: Restaurants

Do not trust companies which has been through lots of mergers, very unreliable.

I would like to ask... Before being bought or being merged, have you ever thought of upgrading and improving the system, quality of customer service?

Pros

They have all the basic functions. I don't really have a good thing to say about this company and system.

Joe from Two Boots Pizza

Legacy Product

Pros

It is easy to use for front of house staff. The hardware is durable. If all you have is one small bar with no plans to grow it's fine.

Cons

A nightmare for office staff. No software updates ever. Terrible customer service. If you have multiple locations it's a terrible idea to have this.

Stephanie from Front Porch Pub

Aloha Review

Not worth time and money spent.

Pros

User friendly, FOH clean and simple. Menu's look clean. Navigating through screens as a manager is simple.

Cons

BOY very complicated to navigate through. Adding items to multiple screens takes a very long time.

Hannah from Fleming's

Worth the expense

Pros

Data tracking, ease of use, quick system updates

Cons

None other than it needs a big computer system to run on

Ahmad from Restaurant

Aloha POS review

Underpaid stuff / It's old bulky takes too much space

Pros

Older system that used by waitress and waiters but it's ancient so older focus knows how to use it.

Cons

Buyers beware Aloha will get you in every way they can. They will sell you the same system and they will screw up in their service charge in every way they can, so please find your self a different system.

Jamie from Fish & Richardson P.C.

Preferred POS software

Pros

I always found Aloha very user-friendly. It is easy to navigate and customize to your company's needs.

Pamela from Vinatge Grill & Car Museum

Industry: Restaurants

No customer support unless you have a millions dollars

Pros

None that I can think of!!!

Cons

This system is very difficult to use for back office input. There is no accounting software that it links easily to. Customer support is not helpful

Audrey from Tackleberry

Industry: Restaurants

One of the best restaurant POS systems out there

Overall a rounded score of a solid A!

Pros

A restaurant POS system powerful enough to run an entire restaurant on. Aloha is definitely an easy-to-use software. The core features are designed specifically for restaurant success.

Cons

The cost is really the only cons that I could say for the software, however, with that said, you get what you pay for.

Ed from Millennium Park Joint Venture LLC

1.5

Very negative

Pros

I like very little if anything about Aloha. After five years, familiarity is the only positive experience I have about the product.

Cons

Dated software/technology, expensive. Despite paying for an annual support contract, response times to questions range from days and sometimes weeks. Sales team needs upgrading in response and truly understanding a customers needs.

Andy from 3G's LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Worst system and support service is terrible

support team is terrible, they barely speak English they cant fix any issues and don't care about the system going down on a busy Saturday night

Pros

It's easy to use for servers Programming is ok when you get use to it. they layout is nice there needs to be a local help desk its all directed

Cons

Never stays online, system goes down all the time terrible. no one wants to properly fix it they want to pass it on via email and leave you with no system

Julius from EAC YOUTH

Aloha POS makes transactions easy.

Pros

Cloud based storage makes your records accessible anywhere anytime, easy to use, cheap for use in both small-scale and large-scale users, mobile software makes it great to access transactions from remote locations.

Cons

Customer response is not up to expectations but generally all the features are great makes work easy no need for paper records.

Mike from 11 Clinton

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use and great user interface

Pros

I really like the reporting module and its automatic reports

Cons

Week inventory management system could use improvement

Kathy from Revolution rotisserie and bar

Aloha review

Aloha is highly functional and easy to learn POS system. It is in my opinion after working with others the best on the market. It sometimes has issues but most people in the customer service department fix them promptly. I wish many of the cool features were not all additional costs. It seems most things we want to do sometimes mean we pay extra. Even simply labor tracking.

W. Jeff from Murphy's Pubhouse

Aloha POS Review

Pros

Legacy product but overly complicated with network configurations. You really get the feel that the vendor wants to make their service contract a life or death decision by making it as complicated as possible. In a plug and play and cloud based era, this is very unattractive.

Cons

When you do buy the software and service contract, they are responsive to fixing things as needed.

Nicholas from Revolution rotisserie and bar

Restaurant POS review

It is the best POS we've used. It is very easy to use. We have very few problems with it. And when we do the customer service is helpful and responsive. Occasionally it is hard to figure out without adding on additional packages but it is a good POS.

Pros

Easy to understand

Cons

Expensive