All Booqable Reviews

Mário Vicente

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

The Best Rental Software I could find in the internet

In 2021 I worked alone from home renting cameras and lenses and used to control everything with simple spreadsheets and calendars. It was crazy and every week I was commiting mistakes and duplicating bookings. I frequently apologized to my customers.After trying some rental solutions I met Booqable and I loved it! Booqable solved everything, plus it was beautifully designed. I really liked it.Free from mistakes, I was able to grow my company professionally. Only in 9 months using Booqable we tripled our revenue. We sure couldn't do it without Booqable. Today we are one of the biggest rental camera business in my city, looking forward to conquer other cities.

PROS

The developers really understand the main concerns of a Rental Business. It seems they run a real Rental Business and keep developing the plataform for their own needs, evolving each month with new features as the IT world evolves as well.The top reasons why I choose Booqable:- Create my own Pricing rules, structures and Product Bundles- Allow Online Booking with Real-time availability, Online Checkout and integration with Payment Platform- Recently, they added a Website Builder module which improves our SEO strategies.

CONS

In 8 months using Booqable I got some software bugs. It's annoying, but I understand no software has a perfect code. I used to be a programmer. Good thing is: the team answers our messages very quickly, so we always feel safe.

Reason for choosing Booqable

Other softwares I tested looked like Frankenstein codes. It seems they accepted every customer request to personalize the software creating Car Rental fields, Heavy Machinery Rental fields and it was making no sense to me being a Camera Rental Business. Booqable has more elegant solutions. Also, customer service is much better.

Reasons for switching to Booqable

Customer service was horrible. They took a long time to answer me. It was very stressful.

KRIS

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Quick setup easy to use.

PROS

Makes tracking rentals very easy allowing you to know what is coming up.

CONS

Some features I would like to see in the android app. Also way to links to google maps for deliveries

Reason for choosing Booqable

Price and easy to use. I was able to setup pretty quick.

melissa

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Wix website - does not work with Booqable and they wont refund after 1 month

the worst experience. I'm a new business trying to get started and you are taking almost 400 from me and i've only used the software for a month at the most. I could not get it to work right with my wix website.

PROS

Nothing. I cant get anyone on the phone and you seem to think you can take advantage of people that choose not to use your service if it wont work for them.

CONS

the fact that it does not work! and i wasted time trying to get it to work by hiring people and pay for training.

Kate

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Choose Booqable

Love it! We look professional, we can manage our business, never over booking, the calendar syncs with our Google calendars so we can see at a glance what is up next. We are not bogged down with a system that requires a full time admin person to run it, its quick and easy. Its focusd on cloent orders and managing inventory ( in and out) and nothing else

PROS

Its easy to use, affordable, can be used for both rentals and sales plus can be used as onlinr store or linked with a website, it also has build in payment features such as stripe

CONS

The system is geared for customer pickup, we deliver 95% of our orders, delivery fees are based on distance. We do not allow clients to book direct through an online platform because most of our inventory is delivery only, i wish there was a way to set up delivery with the system, it would save us a lot of back and forth with emails

Reasons for switching to Booqable

Square is not ideal for rental companies, its fine for everything else though i did find it difficult to navigate when looking up invoices and my accountant hated square all around

Cheyenne

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Overall i am pleased. I have found it easier to use than other platforms i tried.

PROS

I like that it is very user friendly and that the customer service is quick and helpful. Your questions are answered promtply and accurately.

CONS

No delivery fee option. Sometimes the website builder is fussy and i cant figure out how ti move sectuons around instead of just adding them to the bottom of the page

Reasons for switching to Booqable

Too expensive and very tedious to use. Also alot of delay on updates when editing site.

Quentin

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent modern product at a reasonable price, good support

Very good, would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.

PROS

Modern design, relatively low price, very simple to configure and get a reasonable looking web shop with no design skills. Responsive support team.

CONS

Some additional flexibility would be ideal. No automated backup system to protect us in case Bookable goes offline for whatever reason.

Reason for choosing Booqable

Lower cost, more modern software, easy to setup.

Matt

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Start Up Rental Business

Compared to other software I have used in prior rental business this would be the highest recommended.

PROS

The ease of adding inventory and total control of website building.

CONS

No direct contact number to talk to a person when problems or questions arise

Reason for choosing Booqable

website builder and modern look with documents

Katie

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Small company - 1 user

PROS

The system is easy to use and there are no annoying bugs or workarounds in the system.

CONS

I would like more flexibility when it comes to creating bundles from items that are already in bundle.

Reason for choosing Booqable

Overall Price, online payments integration, ease of use

Heather

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Seward Saunas Review

I very much appreciate it and am so happy it integrated so well with Square!:)

PROS

It is very easy to navigate scheduling as a customer through our website. As the admin using the back end of the software, I find it to be pretty user friendly. It does take time to get the hang of all of the features, but I think I am well on my way to being able to maximize all of them. I REALLY appreciate being able to get customer support quickly.

CONS

One thing I notice on the customer end, if you select a date range and an item is unavailable, if you close the page and then open it again, at least on my desktop, it seems to save that date range and then pop up as “Unavailable”. It doesn’t reset so the customer initially sees “Available”. I also wish I could set different pick up times for different items. We have 3 saunas and as far as I know, I can only pick 1 time for all 3 units. I may need to ask support about this. I wish it was a little more clear with the safety deposits being returned. I want to be CERTAIN my guest receives that deposit back once I submit the approval. I find myself having to search for confirmation that that has happened. Our town has different tax amounts based on where you are providing service. It would be super handy if the system could recognize an address as either In City Limits or Out of City limits so I could charge the according tax amounts. Right now, I either over charge people or under charge people.

Reason for choosing Booqable

Booquable integrated into Square, it was customizable so I could set it to rent saunas, it provided a booking platform for an overnight rental that was NOT a hotel platform, I appreciated all of the video tutorials, the price was reasonable and it seemed very straightforward.

Matt

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2024

Booqable is a hidden gem

PROS

Booqable is the only one-stop shop for equipment rental, booking, payment processing, and website hosting. They make it very easy to setup a website with a full backend for your business. You can't build this in WordPress or shopify without spending hundreds more a month.

CONS

The shipping and delivery options. It is very limited still. My company needs the ability to integrate third-party delivery apps as well as route shipments and charge based on distance. Also, the web builder is limited. This needs to be greatly improved to match wordpress or shopify themes.

Catherine

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Like it and recommand it.

It is the best rental software for us for the moment. Still missing some elements that we would need, but overall it covers more than the others.

PROS

It is easy, clear. The Dashboard and the list of orders!!! (both the best over the market - see in one glance what is to come, what is paid or not, etc.)The new functions to customize the website are really nice, even if they are limited for the moment.

CONS

It is not compatible with Lightspeed... which is a big concern for us. As we did not find any software as good as Booqable, we stayed and work with two systems, but that is not really the best!!! (Please, develop a way to integrate Lightspeed!!!!! :) )The App is not really functionnal on ipad, better to use the website.The online site is missing some functions accessible from us. Some translations are not possible to do (search products/How it works/etc.), so our site is both French and English, with a French clientele... not the best. The redirections are not accessible either - that would be important to!

Reason for choosing Booqable

We keep it as it is the only that can fulfill our needs and it is easy to work with! We would like it in french and like to link it with lightspeed - we pray for it!!!!

Darrell

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Perfect for a van rental agency! Just what we were looking for!

We love Booqable! It has been extremely helpful! Way better than Google Calendar for the size of our fleet. If we could just get those things mentioned above implemented, we would love it that much more!

PROS

The calendar, inventory management/control, and scheduling is HUGE for us and extremely important to this business to manage our fleet. We were using Google Calendar before. That may be fine with 3 or 4 vans but not we have 14 and that was not a good fit anymore. I'm the new GM here. I found Booqable on my 2nd day on the job and we haven't looked back!

CONS

We love Booqable but we have noticed a few things that could really make a huge impact if they were implemented. Color coding - we would like to be able to change the colors on the calendar to mean different things for us.The stock number (1) within the colored strip on the calendar isn't helpful for us. If we could enter our own info such as the clients name and van choice that would be helpful.We have steps within our process that we would like to reflect on the calendar by a different colored box. For example: If we could start as a "draft" (with a specific color) which means someone has interest and has put a 48hr hold on a van. Then, a different color when a client signs a contract, and different color when a client has paid the invoice. When both are complete, at that point, go ahead and mark them as "Reserved". Also, a "draft" would need to remove a van from inventory. The problem that we're seeing is that a draft does not remove a van from inventory so it looks like we have a van available when odds are, it'll be booked. Right now, we are just using the calendar to view availability for each van rather than the "check availability" feature because those drafts do not remove inventory and they have not signed the contract or paid the invoice yet.

Reasons for switching to Booqable

Because our fleet outgrew the capability to keep up with scheduling vans with the Google Calendar.

Janay

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

You need Booqable- Trust me

Initially I was going to cancel the subscription with booqable until I took my time and watched the videos on how to maneuver the site and get things done. It was not until I started the 30 min one-on-ones with a coach that my mind was blown on just how much of a gem Booqable is. They really help customize your website to fit your needs and teach you far more things about the site than you can do on your own.

PROS

I liked that our company could manage every single thing that we need on this one site. There was no need for us to integrate into another site. The ease of functioning on one system/site makes running the business easier and less frustrating.

CONS

The only complaint that I have is that there is only one website template. As the options grow I am sure it will bring Booqable to the next level!

Reason for choosing Booqable

Price and reviews and the perceived functionality of everything.

Reasons for switching to Booqable

While the aesthetics of Wix is amazing, the functionality of Wix when it comes to renting products and inventory management and payment processing, Wix is not comparable to Booqable.

Donald

Retail, 2-10 employees

Eau Claire E-Bike Rental

We needed to set up a website for our E-Bike rental service very quickly, and Booqable allowed us to do that. They offer a full website builder, or embeddable code snippets to place on your own website for people to choose the rental date, products, pricing tiers, etc. As a web developer, when I first got access to their trial version I knew right away that this is the platform we should choose. Their product design, craftsmanship, and attention to detail shows that it's made by professionals who care deeply about the customer experience.

PROS

As a web developer I appreciate how refined, well-designed, and easy-to-use Booqable's website dashboard system is. They thought of everything. There are settings to control every aspect of equipment rental that we could ever need. The system is intuitive to use out-of-the-box, I could figure out most of it on my own. And when I needed help, their support team has been responsive and helpful.

CONS

Promo code functionality is not offered on their basic pricing tier.

Reason for choosing Booqable

Booqable's user interface is superior, they thought of everything. It's intuitive, powerful, well designed, and offers exactly what we need and more. FareHarbor was also good, but the deciding factor was that Booqable offered a free trial to get in and start using it.

Jessica

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

Party Llama Rentals Review

Amazing experience as Booqable has cool features that saves you time! Such as email templates, saving customers information, etc.

PROS

Extremely happy using Booqable as a software. It is easy to use! There are quick responses for any question. Quotes and Invoices are easy to send. It provides with all customers information! Would recommend this software to others.

CONS

Something that would be helpful to have in this software is to make a feature on the Booqable app or website on a mobile device to charge cards on file.

Reason for choosing Booqable

As an event rental company, I chose Booqable over the other softwares because I wanted something different. Something that would make my company unique. Which played a huge, positive role as it made me realize that it is so much more easy and convenient than the other softwares.

Eric

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed July 2021

Booqable for Small Business

I am now finding myself taking phone calls and having to manually put customer information into booqable manually vs. them going through the website, which is not only more work for me, I am wondering how many customers I am losing because the interface for my customers is bulky and not user friendly. The price is also really expensive for a small business like myself, I rent out kayaks locally (only have about 8 in inventory) and might make only a few hundred dollars a month during the summer months. $30 a month doesn't seem too but but to charge an additional $40 a month for a SMALL feature like a coupon code? That really seems petty and money hungry, when it could really help the small business benefit start generating profit. This app is priced like it is for big business, interface for me (your customer) is acceptable and great to work with, the front end interface you provide for third party customers could really use some improvement... AND please add the coupon option to the basic package. I am literally a one person business that can no way afford $70 a month with the income that is currently being generated.

PROS

The software is extremely easy to use and I was able to build it directly into my website. I loved how easy it was to setup with stripe payments and get started. It only took me about a half of a day to get fully implemented and have a fully functioning website up and running.

CONS

User interface for the customers is extremely bulky and non-customizable. After the customers are redirected to the booqable interface to add to card, checkout, pictures, checkout dates, etc. just seemed like a bulky and hard to use the first time I used it. This is extremely important in my business because my it heavily relies on new customers trying out different kayaks, I am trying to turn potential customers who land on my website into actual customers. After the website was launched, I noticed advertising clickthrough rate had stayed the same but my sales had declined, leaving me to the conclusion that the website is bulky and hard to use for the customer. The entire reason I built the website was to make it more convenient for my customers to choose a kayak and checkout. A very specific example, I initially had the option for users to create a login and password. While I went through the process of creating an account and checking out, the booqable interface prompted me to login since I "Already had an account". The entire process included making a profile, so I would have expected the app to recognize that and continue forward. After being confused about where to click to login, I had to start the entire process again to input credit card information etc. I tested this interface four or five times as a new user and it just seemed clunky and not user friendly.

Reason for choosing Booqable

I have not personally had the chance to look at other products but may look into other options if I cannot get the user interface working the way I would like. Please feel free to reach out via phone: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] if you would like a more personal review.

Christine