All Clover Reviews

Sable

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Clover Review: Easy To Use POS.

Luis

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Clover Review

Clover is very easy to use, doesn't take much space and it makes paying for merchandise and services fast and easy.

PROS

It's very easy to use, and I love how it accepts so many kinds of credit cards and forms of payments!

CONS

I don't like how sometimes it will take a few tries to read a card, which can make customers desperate and annoyed.

Elizabeth

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Almost Great...

My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

PROS

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

CONS

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Reason for choosing Clover

Again it allowed for the use of only one company/software versus having to use multiple items for different needs such as pos transactions, inventory, scheduling etc.

Reasons for switching to Clover

Better overall bundles and all inclusive services made clover a sole replacement for multiple previous softwares.

Ilayda

Restaurants, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2024

EYE-OPENING REALIZATION ABOUT FRAUDULENT PRACTICES:

PROS

WARNING: BEWARE OF DECEITFUL COMPANY OPERATIONS! Initially, they lured me into their trap with empty promises of energy price discounts, only to shackle me into a contract for 3 unnecessary card machines. To sever ties with these unused devices, an outrageous fee of £3000 was demanded, highlighting the extent of their scam targeting the unsuspecting. The experience was an eye-opener, especially given its occurrence in the UK, alerting me to the disturbing truth that such fraudulent operations are legally conducted worldwide, including England. This cautionary tale serves as a stark reminder of the importance of staying vigilant and well-informed, to avoid becoming ensnared in similar deceptive schemes.

CONS

This company's dishonesty was further revealed when, following my reviews that exposed their fraudulent practices, I was contacted by the fraudster himself. Their schemes to deceive continue unchecked; in a shocking twist, they forced me to send an email falsely stating my satisfaction with their services. This bizarre requirement was presented as a way to cancel the agreement with Clover—truly a joke in the face of integrity.

Reason for choosing Clover

I have been deceived by a salesperson who convinced me that by entering into a contract, I would receive a better energy deal and wouldn't be liable for anything. I feel like a fool for falling into their trap, especially during a time when I was vulnerable—juggling the care of my baby in my coffee shop while also striving to get a new business off the ground. They exploited my situation, taking advantage of my focused time on my baby and business.

Katie

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

WORST NIGHTMARE EVER

HORRIFIC. If 10 people call 10 people get different rates, there is no set.Pricing is a complete scam.Stay away from this it is horrible

PROS

Nothing!!! Horrible in every way. Customer service terrible

CONS

THEY LIED ABOUT MONTHLY RATE. GOT OUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION WRONG. NEVER GOT OUR FUNDS

Reasons for switching to Clover

Thought it had more possibilities. But they lied

REBECCA

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

TAP AND GO!

GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

PROS

SUPER QUICK AND EASY TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS, EVEN GOOGLE PAY AND APPLE PAY

CONS

PUTTING IN THE RECEIPT PAPER IS A LITTLE TRICKY SOMETIMES, CAUSE IT WILL GET SIDEWAYS.

Katie

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

PROS

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

CONS

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Reason for choosing Clover

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.

Sara

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Great POS for smaller businesses

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

PROS

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

CONS

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Reason for choosing Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great for store locations

It was OK but there are better systems out on the market

PROS

It is a great system for a store location. It allows for tipping without our employees having to ask the customer if they wish to leave a tip.

CONS

I found it really difficult to use outside of our store location. We do specialty shows where we sell merchandise and if we didn't have a wifi connection a lot of times we could not get the payment to go through.

Reasons for switching to Clover

to try something new and different

Jatin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Easiest and best POS System

Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

PROS

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

CONS

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems

Reason for choosing Clover

Better rates, better reporting, works with my bank.

Justin

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Good for small businesses, too complicated for larger establishments

For a small business, it got the job done. It was a clean POS that was easy to navigate, however I don't see it being a viable option for say a restaurant with hundreds of food offerings.

PROS

Clover was easy to use for the novice user, as you could have pictures associated with each product to make it easy to navigate. The platform was very straightforward and there was little opportunity to make mistakes, thus a vital resource for any business needing a portable POS.

CONS

Keeping in mind this was a while ago and changes could have been made since, but we noticed once we expanded the menu options on Clover to include our entire set of offerings, the app began to experience issues with too many options. Sometimes it would freeze, other times certain products couldn't be selected. It was certainly iffy at times.

ABIODUN

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

PROS

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

CONS

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Reasons for switching to Clover

We needed a POS that could print our customers a receipt.

Gib

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2023

Clover Review

PROS

I like that it allows me to earn points from local businesses. It helps that I can get free things the next time I order from them.

CONS

Sometimes I forget to mention it to the staff when I go into places to eat. Unfortunately, then I cannot use the points. If there was a way for us to sign-in when we get there that way we already have the choice to use our points.

Joe

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Clover: Not as reliable as before the switch.

They've nearly put us out of business due to the migration from payeezy to clover. The most frustrating part was the fact that the representatives from clover acted like it's just par for the course and that we should just accept it.

PROS

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration was easy and was done without our input.

CONS

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration did not migrate all of the previously existing credit cards into the clover account causing over half of our recurring payments to fail the next month.

Reason for choosing Clover

It was supposedly compatible with the payeezy interface without switching software.

Reasons for switching to Clover

Our bank said they preferred to do business with Clover over Payeezy.

Abdul

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Job place made easy

PROS

Its very easy to use. Wonderful camera. It looks like tmwe are using ipad. Fast software. No laggings.

CONS

Order and customers could be bettered prganized by groups. Some issues with the organizing.

Reviewed March 2024

The excess fees that Clover charges

I didn't care for the system due to the unfair charges my customers received.

PROS

The ease of use of the online pos systems.

CONS

That they changed my customers extra fees for using a credit or debit card. On top of what I was already paying them monthly.

Reason for choosing Clover

For the pos systems, and convenience online shopping.

Reasons for switching to Clover

To find a more reliable solution. For my in person sales and online inventory.

Brian

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

No support, at all.

Terrible. 25% of the time iy works great....but the 75% it runs terribly. And if I choose to call them about a problem, I will be on the phone for a hour or longer, every time!

PROS

It looks modern, but it doesn't function like they said it will.

CONS

Deleting whole orders. Combining tables without approval. Running credit cards for the whole order, it chooses to run for half or some random total...but not what it says! Beyond frustrated with this pos.

Reason for choosing Clover

Salesman. He was great to sell us, but nothing after. He should have more information and intelligence about this product.

Luigi

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Easy, simple and effective

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

PROS

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout. The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn. It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth. It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify. The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful. As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

CONS

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past. Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy. A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month. Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Reason for choosing Clover

It made the most sense at the time. I'm not sure if we would still choose it today. We might have considered Shopify POS if we would have been aware of the system.

Graham