Epos Now

Epos Now Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Competitively priced with gold functionality and ability to integrate. Our implementation manager was great and got us up and running and we are now trading."
  • icon"Ability to integrate it with my clients existing accounting software and little to no downtime."
  • icon"Ease of use, great support, versatility - takes VERY LITTLE training. Love that it works with Paypal."
  • icon"It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket."
  • icon"The rounding errror is inexcusable. The data base feature is not user friendly at all."
  • icon"The integration process is handled by multiple departments and wastes so much time. My transition from NCR had multiple errors and you don't know who to call to solve the issues."

Have you used Epos Now and would like to share your experience with others?

All Epos Now Reviews

We use it to run our bar

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Crystal

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Reasons for choosing Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.

Adnan

November 2022

missed sold

not much as I was not able to use it due to I been advised the software will work with ib wifi but that note is true I just was missed sold, pulse forced me into a three-year care plane

Gary

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

June 2022

You will have to pay a premium price for access their customer service

Last customer service agent I called kept trying to get me to pay $69 per month in order for him to help me.

Pros

easy to add products and keep track of sales

Cons

Just added a new computer to my pos system. But I need to have the drivers for the epos printer I purchased. Owned this system for 3 years and they will not help you in a pinch unless you pay $69 per month for their customer service. Be aware this system will not be their advertised $39 per month. More like $118 per month

Joshua

ePOSnow and my thoughts

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider. we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

Pros

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

Cons

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work. Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Loyalty program

Christopher

Don’t Trust EposNow

Horrible! Frustrating and letdown!

Pros

Nothing it wouldn’t work for my business

Cons

It whole system was a con! Don’t invest in it! Sales person said it would work for my business and it doesn’t complete waste of time!

Reasons for choosing Epos Now

Price and was told it would work for what I wanted it to do.

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

Sold by sales person epos now

Yvonne

A few glitches

Inventory will be easier in future. Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store. Taking inventory is easy. It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work. A manual to go with the product would be useful. It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Reasons for choosing Epos Now

We liked the look of the product, the sales people, and the demonstrations. We wanted a program that could be used in "the cloud". The price was a lot cheaper than others we looked at.

Super Simple

Pros

Epos Now was by far the simplest software we found. The integrations were the deal breaker though. They have out of box integrations that rival any other POS System and have the flexibility to allow us to create our own integrations for other softwares we actively work with.

Cons

I don't like the per terminal license. It isn't a big issue as we're getting a ton of value, but it would be cool if they had small package tier licenses.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Reviewer. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback regarding licencing fee is important to us. I'm pleased to read that you like the way our products integrate with software. Kind Regards James

Replied November 2018

Rhea

Industry: Restaurants

September 2016

Easy to use ...

Pros

The upload and learning how to use it was a breeze.

Cons

Everything was good , maybe the fact that a lot of other hardware comes extra.

Mathew

Extremely Disappointing

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase. Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide. Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point??????? Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Derek

Glitches

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

Cost

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

The company went out of business

Kevin

Industry: Food Production

Almost there

It has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.

Pros

The ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.

Cons

I had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.

Reasons for choosing Epos Now

Cost and ease of use and set-up.

Miguel

April 2022

Not meant for middle to large businesses

I am the shipping and receiving manager for my company. A few of my daily tasks is to post and receive 200+ invoices weekly. Inventory management, market retail adjustments, sales reports, purchase orders, etc. It'd a very busy job. When we first got this EPOS NOW system we started having issues and they informed us the application at the time was unstable and so they switched us over to a web browser format. (First red flag). Every day I get constant "timed out" errors because their servers have too many users. As I write this review, it's been almost 2 hours now that I can't post and receive any invoice. There's also the too many users are online so your task has been killed pop up. Which literally means "try again". They are constantly trying to add new features, but don't address and resolve the instability of their service. There's also a huge problem with the feature "notes" which is where we add the invoice number of every invoice/po entered in to the system. I told them that 90% of these notes are erased from the system days after posting. They said that's not a priority of theirs. So, I told them it's definitely a priority for a market that processes hundreds of invoices weekly. Helps us search entries i.e duplicate invoices, etc. This system is good for smaller businesses (such as a bar/restaurant). But not for middle to large businesses.

Pros

Easy to navigate menu. Seems pretty straight forward.

Cons

The constant "hang". Unable to connect. They keep adding features to the system without fixing the instability of current features and service connection.

Reasons for choosing Epos Now

I didn't choose this system. Our business owner did. They promised him features that don't work well and a good price.

Ronald

Perfect option for my Business

I use Epos Now for my POS, employee clock in/out and inventory management (small portion). The easy customization makes its very intuitive for employees to learn and start using right away.

Pros

This software did not over burden me with things I did not need. Customization made it a good fit for my business, plus its very easy to use.

Cons

A few of the functions are not so easy to find, but customer support was able to help.

better rates and customization

Virginia

Industry: Dairy

A great POS and back end solution

I have very few negative things to say about EPOS Now. We love it! I wish there was more customization / versatility for making labels. We desperately need to be able to use the Deliveroo, but only have one location. Please review this and come up with a reasonable amount we can pay to use it. Also would like to see more add on app dev.

Pros

Cons

Limitations on creating labels, lack of ecommerce interface - we only have one location and really need Deliveroo.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Virginia. Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review, i'm so pleased to read that you would recommend us. We take all feedback seriously and use this to improve the products and services we offer to our customers. Your feedback regarding labels we are aware of and this is on our road map for delivery this year. I would direct you to use the feature vote option in your back office to push the priority level of this development as this will help to get it delivered sooner. We do have Deliveroo functionality, however you will require a verified Deliveroo account before this can be integrated, this will need to be arranged by Deliveroo themselves. If you already have an account with Deliveroo then please contact us to discuss further. Thank you once again for your review and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards James

Replied February 2019