Epos Now Reviews

4.20 / 5 (234) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 91 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Remote access allows me to work on the business but not having to be there. Once learned the system does everything I could ever need. The software is brilliant."

• "Fairly user friendly , great customer service "

• "Both front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most "

• Cons

• "A few of the functions are not so easy to find, but customer support was able to help."

• "Setting up invoicing for customers on account is not particularly user friendly, but part of the problem is that we have a unique set up in that we sell services as well as retail products."

• "The reports could use a makeover - they're not so visually appealing, however they are easy to use and to customize. "

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech from Apzumi

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

Pros

- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

Cons

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Response from Epos Now

Replied July 2018

Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Kevin from PMK Fish Market

Industry: Food Production

Almost there

It has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.

Pros

The ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.

Cons

I had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Cost and ease of use and set-up.

Denise from 2 Needle Chicks LLC

Works for our store!

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Again, flexibility and customization.

Jerica from Blue Ribbon Country Store

Industry: Farming

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions Overall look and style of equipment and graphics Price for value Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process Unreliable support during implementation Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Sherry from Education

After one year

Pros

Great tech support, cusromizable software.

Cons

There is no user manual, and the "guide me" feature is limited

Joshua from Snapdragon Shop, LLC

ePOSnow and my thoughts

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider. we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

Pros

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

Cons

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work. Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Derek from Eagle's nest restaurant

Glitches

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

Cost

Crystal from The Chempistry Store

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.

Kim from Cobourg Yacht Club

Epos Now

Its good - but our volunteer bartenders say it takes too long to learn it (they are not using it every week)!so they will not open or close - just use it to sell drinks.

Pros

Easy to learn Easy checkout Easy to add product

Cons

Cannot run ind sales by customer without paying more for the app We had a disastrous experience trying to use one of your recommended pinpad suppliers (EVO). Horrible experience. They have absolutely no customer service for Canada. QUIT using them immediately.

Mike from Gopher Market

EPOS Retail System

I own a C-Store and all the promos and charge accts are easily accessed and reported on.

Pros

This system was easily setup and very functional. You can access the Back Office on PC or app. Promos easy to set up with date end date. Overall EPOS system very good for the price. Customer Service is also reachable by phone for questions.

Cons

Can't think of any....System works as advertised.

Demo from Epos

Catherine from Pop's Lumber

Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly

When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.

Pros

What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you dont have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons

I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

Fran from Dirty Bills hats

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Erick from Rustic Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Customer Service

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from James

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers. We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships. As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance. We looking forward to hearing from you.

Anna from Soleil Tanning Studio

Amazing

Great customer support, very easy to use brilliant for accountancy and amazing software

Pros

To be honest is pretty much nothing I consult with this software it is absolutely amazing I love the statistics on it the graphs all the financial information that you can gain and the simplicity of it all the amount of information you can extract about your business is Colossal.

Cons

Only downfall was the free tanning app. Not in-depth enough to move with the speed of our company growth. Tanning App was extremely basic. I approached them on many occasions to try and develop it further but it was not possible. There was no tanning applications that were able to integrate with it either. So I had to look for alternative software. Such a shame I really didnt want to move from Epos now.

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The financial side of it all the information it can gather Remote access having full control of your business on the move

Matthew from Bull-Art Graphics

Industry: Printing

Very useful system for SME

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Response from Epos Now

Replied February 2019

Hello Matthew. Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible. The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out whats working and what isnt to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line. I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this. If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email customer-engagement@eposnow.com Kind Regards James

Martin from The Post Box

Industry: Restaurants

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till. I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent. I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem. We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ). she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked. I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running. Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner. Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also. Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning. she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation. She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Steve from The manor hotel

Best Epos system on the market

If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros

Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came its was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I cant fault it

Cons

Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me Id made a huge mistake and I wont get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I wont mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

Response from James

Replied December 2018

Hello Steve. Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future. I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow. Kind Regards James

Nicola from The Bake Out

Industry: Restaurants

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read. There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do! Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful. There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see. The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of! I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently. Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Michael from Roses and Trinkets

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Cesar from Craft Culture NY Inc

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

Pros

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

Cons

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen. The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Response from Epos Now

Replied November 2018

Hello Cesar. Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities. It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you. Kind Regards James

Adam from The Classic Touch

The perfect solution for my business

Pros

The software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.

Cons

epos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

Response from Naiomi

Replied August 2018

Hello Adam, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Ronald from Krowd Kombat

Perfect option for my Business

I use Epos Now for my POS, employee clock in/out and inventory management (small portion). The easy customization makes its very intuitive for employees to learn and start using right away.

Pros

This software did not over burden me with things I did not need. Customization made it a good fit for my business, plus its very easy to use.

better rates and customization

Edward from KIDDOS ACADEMY

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Peter from Ginger Cow Coffee House

Industry: Supermarkets

Does what it says and then some...

Pros

After evaluating a number of potential EPOS solutions for our business we decided that the Epos Now solution was a close watch to our required specification, functionality and ease of use. It provided all of our essential hardware and software requirements and many 'nice to haves' that were on our original list. After installing the system off-site we had an intensive period of testing user data and configuring the system to match our specific business processes. Epos Now provided plenty of training and support during this period and we were impressed with how much functionality was available compared to our old system. After the user acceptance testing was signed off the system was installed seamlessly into the operation and has ran perfectly from day 1. Combined with the remote back office, the Epos Now system has been welcomed by staff, has introduced many new efficiencies into our business and continues to do so the more we use it. We have no hesitation recommending this system to others.We had a couple of small software gaps that we needed more help than usual to rectify however epos now made available the support resolve them.

September 2016

Michelle from Bird in the Nest

September 2016

Good experience with Epos Now

Pros

Great looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.

Cons

There are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical. Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person. Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue. Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them. This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.

Virginia from Calico Fresh Market

Industry: Dairy

A great POS and back end solution

I have very few negative things to say about EPOS Now. We love it! I wish there was more customization / versatility for making labels. We desperately need to be able to use the Deliveroo, but only have one location. Please review this and come up with a reasonable amount we can pay to use it. Also would like to see more add on app dev.

Pros

Ease of use, great support, versatility - takes VERY LITTLE training. Love that it works with Paypal.

Cons

Limitations on creating labels, lack of ecommerce interface - we only have one location and really need Deliveroo.

Response from Epos Now

Replied February 2019

Hello Virginia. Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review, i'm so pleased to read that you would recommend us. We take all feedback seriously and use this to improve the products and services we offer to our customers. Your feedback regarding labels we are aware of and this is on our road map for delivery this year. I would direct you to use the feature vote option in your back office to push the priority level of this development as this will help to get it delivered sooner. We do have Deliveroo functionality, however you will require a verified Deliveroo account before this can be integrated, this will need to be arranged by Deliveroo themselves. If you already have an account with Deliveroo then please contact us to discuss further. Thank you once again for your review and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards James

Stephen from The Secret Garden Touring Park

Incredible service !

Pros

Incredible service! We have been using the services of Epos now since starting our site shop 18 months ago - the product has proved excellent over this time, and i must say that the service from the support team most recently was incredible. We are only a small company but he really took the time to go through every aspect of our reporting process, and answering our queries Many thanks indeed

Cons

There aren't many bad things to say apart from maybe the software releases can cause some issues every so often

Tracey from Red Wind Studio

EPOS Review

much better reporting

Pros

easy to use and adaptablilty. The ability to integrate with Quick Books

Cons

it can be slow and I have had issues with it not allowing me to log into the til

price

Nicole from C.Store

Unhappy retailer

If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con - The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse. The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service. They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?

Ian from Westhoughton Cricket Club

Excellent experience

Pros

Excellent experience migrating from an old system to this brand new system for our cricket club. The help in the implementation phase was really invaluable and they took their time to understand our current practices and provided better resolution rather than just trying to copy what wed done before. I just also say that the tech support and live chat has been excellent in getting quick answers to little niggles rather than submitting endless tech support tickets. The software is easy to use and I like being able to access my information on my phone from anywhere that I am. The email dashboards that you can automatically email to yourself are also very good, especially yesterdays sales and last weeks sales.

Cons

A member of staff is dyslexic and struggles with the colours. We would like the ability to change the colours so that it is easier to distinguish different products. We currently keep track of 700 members in an excel sheet and would like to find a way to manage multiple member types in different categories, and allocate each category the same price automatically through the software.

Dan from Headquarters

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Pros

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

Response from Epos Now

Replied July 2018

Hello Mr Davis, I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly. I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you? Many Thanks, Naiomi

Karen from WORLD OF PLAY LIMITED

Excellent service

Pros

After purchasing a card payment machines i was referred through to Epos for my till solutions. After speaking with one of the point of sales consultants, who was very knowledgeable and helpful, he recommended the right products for my new business after listening to my requirements. With in the hour of our call i had received a comprehensive quote and was able to review the demo. By lunch time i had made my decision this was the right company for me and by close of play i made my purchase. I would thoroughly recommend this company for your till solutions. Not only have they supplied me with a really competitive quote but the service i have received so far has been second to none.

Michelle from Barren River Beverages

Terrible customer service

Pros

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Mary from Edwards YMCA Camp

Product Review

Prior to Epos Now, we had unstable software which was not user friendly for our employees. We now can provide fast and efficient training to our employees and know we can easily troubleshoot any issues that arise.

Pros

This software has provided us with a stable POS system to manage our on-site stores, including our inventory management, which has increased sales. Also, the technical staff has been very helpful answering questions in a timely manner.

Cons

Can't even think of anything at this time!

We use it to run our bar

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Valentina from Hygge Pygge

Industry: Restaurants

Good system and good customer service

Pros

I spent a lot of time researching POS systems before opening my cafe next year and I finally settled on Epos Now due to a good mix of price and functionalities. During the first phase they walked me through the system and company and made sure I was taken care of through all stages of my signing up process, thank you! The company offers 30 days free training when you purchase the software and I was lucky enough to get allocated to one of the rep. Besides being a bubbly personality and always in a good mood (which is not so easy to find in general) she was extremely patient with me asking the same questions over and over again and she explained the software's main functionalities with clarity and confidence. In just a few sessions we set up my whole menu on the system and the way it will appear on the till so all I have left to do now is plug in the hardware before opening and I'm good to go! Based on the service received so far I would definitely recommend Epos Now.

Adrian from Post Office & Stores

Happy with the system

Pros

I use the product every day and am happy with the ease of use. Everyone picked it up quickly and the system is working for the business. I dont have any issues with the system and am going to integrate with my payment provider. I have never had any need to phone the customer support team but know they are there if I need anything.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements to invoicing. In particular I would like to be able to put my company logo on the invoice. Another thing that I have noticed is that when you look at an invoice it generates a new invoice number which does not need to happen when you are purely viewing an existing invoice.

annie from Belle Starr Marina

Amazing product

Pros

I absolutely love Espos now. It has an amazing back office, tons of report options and very easy to use as a manager.

Cons

I dont have any cons about this product. Its A m a z i n g p r o d u c t

Response from James

Replied February 2019

Hello Annie. Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic 5 star business review, it's great to hear how happy you are with your system,software and the service we provide. Epos Nows back office interface is highly customisable, allowing you to select the information that's most valuable to you. Create insightful dashboards that provide an instant overview of your business, receiving real-time sales, product, and employee information. Our dashboard options include profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business. This allows you to figure out whats working and what isnt to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line. If we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us Kind Regards James

Yvonne from Delta Hospital Auxiliary Society

A few glitches

Inventory will be easier in future. Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store. Taking inventory is easy. It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work. A manual to go with the product would be useful. It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Amanda from High Cotton of Clinton, LLC

Epos Now for new gift store

I purchased Epos Now for my new store, and overall I've been extremely satisfied with the program. I purchased the software and hardware (except magnetic strip), and for the price the software is unbeatable. Epos's sales and support team are just a call away 24/7, and have been great to work with.

Pros

The product is really user friendly, and tracks inventory, payroll and taxes. Plus it keeps track of trending products, low stock items, and allows you to run promotions for specific time frames.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to create a promotion that only applies if a customer brings in a coupon I've ran in the local paper. Example: Discount of 15% on any purchase of $35 or more. I can set up a promotion like this but it will apply to any transaction over $35. The support team at Epos is trying to figure out away around this

Andii from Vendula London

Support is the best around!

Pros

We've been working with EposNow for a few months now, and even with our start-up issues, they've been great. The support staff is personable and helpful to an incredible degree. The smallest thing he will do his upmost to help with. We had him come down to London to troubleshoot, and even with our connectivity issues he was able to get us up and running in both our shops. An absolute asset to the company and I'd recommend anyone to contact him when using EposNow!

Cons

Takes a while to get used to the interface, but as said before the support is so good I know I could easily call if I'm confused.

Response from Naiomi

Replied August 2018

Hello Andii, Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear about your experience with us at Epos Now. We are incredibly proud of our support team and I am glad to hear that we have been able to help you get up and running in both of your shops. Will really enjoyed coming to visit you and he will be really pleased to read this review! Many Thanks, Naiomi

Jan from Indiana Area School District

EPOS has been great to work with and get us trained!!!

Customer support was so professional and helpful to getting us up and running!!! Great job!!!

Pros

The switching to a new system has been wonderful and our inventory was able to be entered perfectly!!! They have been very patient when giving us training and responded to all of my questions with a calming voice. I love when he can "take over" my computer and show me how to find reports for tax purpose or run daily inventory. This is a great feature and so helpful!!! Support team is top of the line helpful!!!

Cons

None so far. We did have damage to the drawer and printer and they were great about sending us a new ones and got them set up quickly.

Response from James

Replied November 2018

Hello Jan, Thank you for leaving Eposnow a review, your feedback is valuable to help us grow our products and business. It's really great to see that you have rated us 5 stars and have had a great experience when dealing with us, if there is anything else you need help on pleased do let us know. Kind Regards James

Kevin from Madvapes

Beware of what your told and what you get

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup not hard to use The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own. 'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Simon from The Pro shop

Industry: Sporting Goods

Customer support representative was superb!

Pros

Customer support representative in support was superb today i had a couple of problems, solved very efficiently and quickly.

Cons

we've been with epos now since 2015 and apart from some long wait times for support there have been very few issues

Vicky from The Paddock In

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

When I called customer service. He was amazing and resolved all the queries that I had through remote support. He explained everything clearly as he resolved the issues and not once did I feel that I was been rushed. One very happy customer, thank you

Cons

I was a bit skeptical about remote support at first thinking it would be a nightmare if we had a serious problem but it works brilliantly

Kevin from The San Leandro Rifle & Pistol

Epos Now retail software

Pros

The customer support is the best thing about EposNow. The reps were always available to make sure that everything worked 100% the way we needed. Many thanks!

Cons

There are no specific defects or problems with the software.

Response from Hakim

Replied March 2019

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you are enjoying your EPOSNOW system. We are always looking to improve our product for our customers therefore your feedback is invaluable. Our team are aware of your requests and if we come up with anything further to tailor your needs, we will of course let you know. Kind regards, Hakim Akanmu Customer Experience Manager

Chris & Mark from General Retail Store

Epos Now review

was called and informed that changes can be made to the system in due time due to the hard work of the software team.

Pros

Great service, very helpful from purchase to setup and everyday use. Being in the medical field, it's somewhat complicated to find a POS that will allow our business to look clean. Would recommend this product to every busy.

Cons

My only negative is that the miscellaneous products does not have a set cost price that I can attach it to. If it did I would be able to give a better report for the margins for products that aren't sold as frequently.

Robert from Broadwindsor Craft Centre

Broadwindsor Craft Centre

I'm sure any future issues will be answered in the same manner and look forward to continuing working with Epos Now.

Pros

Today's session was very easy to follow and understand. The session was conducted by customer support team and was made easy by his willingness to listen and be very patient. I would like to thank him for a most enjoyable working afternoon with all queries answered using his knowledge, suggestions, and expertise. We had multiple issues however they were discussed and each answered quickly in as much depth as required.

Henry from Cravats Inc

Epos Experience

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Pros

Easy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while

Cons

Actually its a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business

Richard from CobourgYacht Club

Cobourg yacht Club

The experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO

Pros

Support is great and prompt. Loved the training.

Cons

Add ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee. The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.