All Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech

Reviewed July 2018

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

PROS

- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

CONS

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Replied July 2018

Alasdair

Reviewed July 2024

EposNow for a bar

Very positive. Easy to set up and runs well and the overall cost is excellent.

PROS

Easy setup and ongoing management of the system. Cloud sync allows remote management. Easy for our bar staff to use. Customer support is also very good - if we have an issue it's normally a 5 minute phone call to get it sorted.

CONS

The previous product management was clunky, but the new version has streamlined it and now lets us change the pricing of multiple products at once. As we are a not for profit Social Club, initial verification by [sensitive content hidden] was a pain because we don't have a company number.

Transaction cost

Dear Alasdair D, We are sincerely grateful for your feedback! Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy. Your kind words mean the world to us and will be shared with the entire team. If there's anything else you'd like to share or if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for choosing Epos Now. Best regards, Epos Now

Abdullah Al

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

They are Scamming People

CONS

Nothing, they are useless. They are just scamming people. they Took money for terminal, payment processing. i told my requirements that I need invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal and pos machine. They said they all have it. After taking payment they said they cant verify my bank. Then I told to refund my money. After then I approved my account. Without sending and providing my requirements they are trying to charging me each month. When I talked to there support team they said they only provide invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal after one month processing. I asked why you guys told me you will provide me invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal. They said let me talk with him. No answer they didnt give me. Now whenever Im trying to reach them. They said I can only rise a ticket. Wait till then. Dont go with them

Hello Abdullah Al, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Replied May 2024

Dafydd

Crosville Club

[sensitive content hidden] brilliant sorted everything out easy to talk to.with out people like [sensitive content hidden] I think companies can loose business. My experience was 10/10

PROS

I spoke with [sensitive content hidden] about payment for the till which I thought was incorrect.He went through everything with me and explained in a way I could understand and the reasons for this he made me feel comfortable and valued .Wish everybody I spoke with on the phone had his attitude a credit to your company.

CONS

The only thing I found difficult was getting to right department on the phone to many numbers confusing.

Dear Dafydd, We are sincerely grateful for your feedback! Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy. Your kind words mean the world to us and will be shared with the entire team. If there's anything else you'd like to share or if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for choosing Epos Now. Best regards, Epos Now

Alex

Reviewed May 2024

North Walsham Town Football Club

PROS

Rang up on Saturday Morning as had an issue with prices not being updated on the till (turns out through no fault of my own) [sensitive content hidden] went through all the steps with me and even finished off the process for me making sure they were all correct ready for a big charity event we were hosting that day To add, EPOS Now even kindly donated 2 extra handheld terminals to help us deal with the volume of people we were expecting for our event. Every time we have gone to EPOS now with an issue or request [sensitive content hidden] and the team have always delivered

CONS

Not through any fault of their own but haven't used the inventory or ordering section on the back office yet so not sure how it works

Dear Alex, We are sincerely grateful for your feedback! Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy. Your kind words mean the world to us and will be shared with the entire team. If there's anything else you'd like to share or if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for choosing Epos Now. Best regards, Epos Now

Michele

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Terrible Customer Service

This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

PROS

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

CONS

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Sales Rep was better and I felt like there would be good tech support....I was wrong!

Ambur was discontinued

Derick

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them. If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

PROS

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

CONS

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

I saw an ad on Instagram and it was on Sales.

Sheri

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Customer support was non-existent

It was simply terrible. I probably spoke or communicated through text/support with over 12 people - not one was able to get us up and running. It was ridiculously time-consuming, very frustrating, and negatively impacted my client's trust in my agency. It was such a mistake to go with a European-based company and one that made a lot of promises they couldn't keep.

PROS

It seemed reasonably priced and fully functioned from the material and salesperson. The numbers certainly seemed to work.

CONS

We were never able to get the calendar and payment systems integrated despite dozens of calls/emails/support tickets and unkept promises. Onboarding was disastrous. They couldn't deal with the time zone differences between Europe and the US and the reps seemed to not know anything beyond the very basics of the system. So we never had the system function for us and had to cancel and go through a whole other system selection process. They don't want to take back the equipment so we're stuck with their dedicated hardware to trash.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

The sales person said it was super easy to set up, support was good, etc. None of that was true. The emails would go out and you could never reply to them (all no reply email addresses) and then when we tried to call or text or go through chats, they never knew anything. It's all so automated and distant, there is no one person that takes responsibility for your account. They are simply too large to provide any kind of customer service at all.

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

Their system couldn't go what they promised it could do and it didn't function for our business.

Liana

System Keeps Bugging Out, No in-Person Support

Terrible. Absolutely do not recommend.

PROS

Nothing. The system bugs out and there’s no support during restaurant hours.

CONS

That it keeps freezing. Then there’s no support during restaurant hours. I am being charged for things I didn’t sign up for and then the number they give you to sort it out doesn’t go to the right person. On top of this if you don’t sort it out (which you actually can’t), they stop access to your system.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

A bit cheaper equipment at the time. But that’s how they get you in.

Hello Liana, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We have been able to locate an account matching the details you have provided, and will endeavour to conduct a full investigation into your claims and come back to you directly. We will be in touch asap. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Chamini

Food Production, 1 employee

Good service

PROS

Great service good system. So far no issues

CONS

Being with them for a few months now. Nothing to complaint about

Dear Chamini, We are sincerely grateful for your feedback! Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy. Your kind words mean the world to us and will be shared with the entire team. If there's anything else you'd like to share or if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for choosing Epos Now. Best regards, Epos Now

ADRIANO

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Eposnow Eposo never again

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

PROS

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

CONS

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.

Kate

Reviewed September 2023

Contact the BBB and your state Attorney General

It's a PAIN! Don't pay for this nightmare.

PROS

Next to nothing! The people I spoke to at first were AWESOME! Then, once I paid, I got the WORST support.

CONS

Horrible. Most of my scheduled calls were never met. They just didn't call for our set up appointments. They kept me on hold anywhere from 10-60 min. When things started to go south, they were harder to get in touch with. They are not holding up their end of the contract and want to charge me $500 to cancel my account. The 28 page Terms and Conditions are a MUST to read. They're convoluted and difficult to understand when there's a problem so be careful before you give them your credit card info. This is a paid for NIGHTMARE!!!

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Because it was less expensive and they said it would integrate with my website.

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

qbPOS is no longer supported.

Samantha

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Appalling company and terrible equipment

Absolutely shocking. Worlds worst service!

PROS

Nothing at all this company is shocking in every way

CONS

Unfortunately I've been stung twice by this company. First time I purchased their software and they didnt support the set up properly, sent me faulty equipment, cut contact once they had my money and overcharged me for support services I never purchased. It took months and months to correct. The second time when I started up my own business I decided to use them reluctantly because it was easy to transfer menus etc across from the old business to the new business. To get the same monthly price I had to pay a year in advance and thats when it went downhill. I paid my money and then the sales advisor [sensitive content hidden] who promised to transfer my menus cut contact and left me with nothing. After weeks of trying to get him to respond and filing complaints the Customer Relations manager with not the correct tech experience attempted to transfer all my menus and lost them all. £200 staff wages menu developing just gone like that! Now the software team are suggesting that menus with sub categories cannot be transferred. What a ridiculous system to set up that cannot thrn be transferred and better still why did no one advise of this before I paid an employee £200 to set up the menus. Now no one is responding to me. Ive paid a years worth of licenses and now got zero service and no till system. Shocking company and the poor service is across the board. Theres plenty other EPOS companies to deal with avoid these money snatchers at all costs as when there are software faults the tech teams are under qualified and just try to wing it regularly making your problems even bigger! AVOID!!

Hello Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, EposNow.

Replied April 2024

Marc

Reviewed May 2023

Run away from Epos now

But perhaps the worst part of my experience with Eposnow was the unexpected bills. I signed up for their service based on their promise of no hidden costs, but****** ONE YEAR after using******their system, I was hit with an unexpected bill for services I never agreed to. When I tried to reach out to their customer service team to get it sorted, I was met with the same unhelpful and unresponsive service as before. also they forced me to pay those service I never used and agreed.Sadly, I'm not the only one who has had issues with Eposnow's billing practices. A quick search online reveals countless other customers who have been hit with unexpected charges or bills long after they thought they had paid everything.Overall, I would strongly advise against using Eposnow for your business. They seem to be more interested in selling their product than providing any sort of quality service or supportRUN AWAY DONT USE VERY SLOW ALSO CAME WITH FAULTY.Ended up I had to spend another 3k to setting up other pos system.

PROS

"I had an extremely disappointing experience with Eposnow. Firstly, their customer service was incredibly unhelpful and unresponsive. I had an issue with my POS system and it took days to get any sort of response from their support team. When I finally did hear back from them, they weren't able to resolve my issue and I was left feeling frustrated and unsupported.To make matters worse, the product arrived late, long after my business's opening day. Despite the delay being entirely their fault, Eposnow didn't seem to care about the impact it had on my business. It was incredibly frustrating to have to make do without a proper point-of-sale system for several days, and it had a significant impact on my sales.

CONS

I dont have anything else to say for this company speechless

Perlita

Reviewed July 2023

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

PROS

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

CONS

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Fran

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

PROS

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Neil