• Pros

• "Incredibly user-friendly, easy to use, and cost-effective. Great value for the dollar. Much improved features and functions over the last year."

• "Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to maintain. Takes care of taxes and all the necessary state and federal filings and reports. Visually appealing, both on employer and employee side. "

• "I love Gusto. It's easy to use and has all the functions that I need to run payroll for a small business. They seem to be on top of my states tax laws and security is taken seriously."

• Cons

• "Some of the functions are a little hard to navigate. Such as skipping payroll but once you know it's easy."

• "I am having a hard time coming up with something about Gusto I don't like. The only thing I can think of is the lack of a dedicated app. However, they have a web app that works great through mobile."

• "It didn't actually deposit my money. Its been weeks and I still have not been paid by Gusto even though my employer funded the deposit long ago."

Browse Gusto (by Dovetail ) Reviews

Excellent payroll service

Pros

Cons

Price point might be a bit high for micro businesses (1-2 employees, smaller margins). Compared to other providers, it is not high at all, but at some point one may just choose to run payroll manually.

Lisa from SmartBooks Corp.

Gusto for Payroll, HR, and Benefits

We are a corporate partner, so we have a dedicated support team. Gusto has improved their service and their features immensely over the last year. Great product that we recommend to our clients!

Pros

Cons

Very simplistic reporting - can be tough to get used to if you're an experienced Payroll Manager. While there is a lot of self-service functionality, more advanced functions need to be escalated to support vs. DIY like on other platforms.

Narie from Luke's Lobster

Industry: Restaurants

GUSTO - maybe not

Pros

It's cheaper than other point of sales systems on the market.

Cons

It's glitch-y. If you have a button for a combo meal say: burger, fries, and a soda. You can't map the sale to say $5 food sales, $1 beverage sales and you're left with wonky COGS. You're put on hold for at least 15 minutes before you can speak to a customer service rep.

Daniel from Titan Vision

My most crucial piece of software

Fantastic experience, crucial product, and couldn’t ask for anything more.

Pros

Gusto manages payroll and compliance in a way that makes it effortless for the user, and does an amazing job of abstracting away all the legal and tax complexity underlying that area of business. From filing tax forms for you to making biweekly payrolls and employee onboarding just a few clicks, this software truly does the things that people are scared to screw up for you, and we couldn’t operate without it. They even manage your healthcare and other benefits in a transparent and easy to understand way.

Cons

We haven’t had any issues with the software. It has been consistently helpful, and the customer support team is responsive and actually thoughtful, unlike customer support teams for most companies.

Jamie from Bright Water Waldorf School

I have experienced excellent accuracy using this software

Gusto is a breath of fresh air with regards to producing accurate payroll. I had a bad experience with a previous payroll processor that had issues producing accurate payroll.

Pros

It is user-friendly when adding and editing information. The payroll figures are processed accurately.

Cons

I am disappointed that I cannot add certain fields. For example, I have to choose between either Personal Time or Vacation Time. I cannot create separate fields for this. In addition, I would add more fields, such as Bereavement Days so that I can track these items all in one place. I would love to be able to store, and have employees submit electronically within Gusto, all of the HR file forms in one place. This is not available with this software.

Jonathan from Bryte Labs

Helpful, Simple to use, Payroll System

Our finance person found setting up Gusto for the first payroll easy with the help of a real person on the phone. Normal use was straightforward. No issues, for our new small 1-10 person startup. We got larger and hired a full time finance person who was used to using a larger payroll service and changed to the service they knew. As a user i saw no obvious improvement in changing.

Pros

There was a helpful person on the phone during set up. Simple to use in general. Low cost for the quality of service.

Cons

Complex multi-state questions on benefits were not fully answered. I was expecting regulatory document support, but did not see it.

Micah from Madrona Recovery

Gusto, the time saver!

Pros

Where do I even start with the love I have for Gusto. They make payroll a breeze and file all the state taxes for you. The employee onboarding process is so simple, my employees rave about it all the time. Being able to manage my company's benefits through Gusto is a huge time saver. But, the thing I love most about Gusto is their customer service. The customer service chat function is wonderful, I get all my problems and questions resolved quickly.

Cons

My only real complaint would be some missing functionality that would make Gusto a little more user friendly. But, I think they are always adding more functionality to solve this issue.

monique from walmart

It is like having a payroll assistant right next to you

If you need help with your payroll or anything that has to do with that this is the perfect software for you.

Pros

This software is similar to other programs that assist you with payroll and payroll reports and pay stubs but this one does the job for me over the rest. It has several options to help you take care of other different situations concerning different areas.

Cons

I think it should not cost as much as it does for what it does maybe a smidgen lower but what do I know im sort of a penny pincher any way. Other than that it took some time for me to get use to using it, now im a pro

Tanya from Ager Meillier Films

Gusto Payroll

For a small business I wanted something easy and simple to use and Gusto offered that to me at a reasonable rate.

July 2016

Kabir from Flight Wine Bar

Industry: Restaurants

July 2016

Amazing interface; very easy to learn;simplifies complicated functions

Pros

Gusto designed the app based on our specific needs. The software is seamless and very user friendly

Cons

I can't think of anything at this point. Gusto support team has been on top of things when it comes to minor bugs etc.

Kristen from creative channel

Easy to track HR benefits for employees!

Pros

Everything is at the employees fingertips in regard to their Human Resource benefits.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like.

Amy from Streamlined Accounting Strategies

Simple, easy to use, well-rounded set of features

Pros

The user interface is second to none. It's simple, clear, and built for both admins and employees to be able to access records without much hunting and clicking around. The reporting is great, the automation is helpful, and it integrates with QuickBooks Online. I appreciate being able to track PTO.

Cons

Really have not found much about the software that I dislike. I will say - not having access to support on the weekends can be slightly frustrating, as I often work during that time. But other than that I am really happy with it.

Mariah from Armstrong Property Management

Best payroll software

Pros

This product is great, it is so easy to use and is so affordable. I can customize it completely to fit our needs as a company

Cons

The only complaint I have is that you must allow four days for the direct deposit to hit, so you cannot run payroll the day before it is due like you can with other companies.

Mathew from Hunter Vision

Gusto Makes It Easier

Pros

Gusto does really make it easier to do most of the HR paperwork and payroll. As an employee, this has been the first payroll system I have ever taken the time to go through everything on their website

Kristen from Dobbs Boston

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great for small businesses

Pros

Very easy to use software and they handle all tax-related reporting. I don't have to think about any of it.

Cons

None really ... not as robust for large companies, but fantastic and easy to use for small companies.

Gusto Payroll is easy to use and reliable

Gusto has allowed me to payroll myself as a business owner and feel confident that all of the taxes are being taken out, and scheduled to submit come tax time.

Pros

Gusto for payroll is easy to use and to set up. It is very reasonable as far as pricing, and dependable. I like that it is integrated with Xero accounting.

Cons

I would like more tutorials on how to use all of the functionality.

Best payroll we've used

Awesome, we recommend it frequently!

Pros

Incredibly easy to onboard new contractors or vendors. Beautiful and simple interface.

Cons

Delay in processing the transaction. My guess is this is necessary both for banking regulations and possibly Gusto's own cash management.

HUA from Parent Lab Inc.

Making HR a pleasant experience

Pros

Customer service is friendly and always there. Product is easy to use and seamless. Never expected HR could be so easy.

Cons

Need to set up Benefits offline but I guess it's necessary to provide team customized plans and services.

Makena from Learning Lab Preschool

Great for Payroll

My experience with Gusto has been nothing less than great so far! I plan to keep using for a very long while!

Pros

• payroll comes through quickly (it’s always in my bank account by the time I wake up for work every single payday!) • direct deposit is always a plus • gusto provides a paperless way to fill out your W2 forms & such • gusto also provides descriptions on an example W2 form so you know you’re filling it out correctly • I receive an email letting me know I got paid every payday!

Cons

• I honestly, do not have any cons so far in using Gusto So far, so good!

Ron from Lugano Capital

New User to Gusto

I am not sure how this would scale to a large organization but in my experience this would work really well for up to 100 empoloyees

Pros

took less than 15 minutes to setup. The QuickBooks integration actually works and the reporting module is pretty well layed out.

Didn't Deposit My Money

Pros

I like that, in theory, my employer can direct deposit my pay.