• Pros

• "It was easy to install and the customer service reps I dealt with over the years were mostly all helpful and friendly"

• "It was easy to use for the most part. Good software."

• "I love how easy and user friendly. Everything is self explanatory but if you have a question their customer service is always so helpful and knowledgeable. "

• Cons

• "The price is a little more than some of the tablet systems depending on how many printers, etc. but the functionality is much better."

• "Their customer service was not the friendliest. System was slow. Easy to use but not enough features. "

• "Machine could look a little better.its not a sleek as see others look. "

Browse Harbortouch POS Reviews

Heidi from Pontiac-Waterford Elks #810

Industry: Restaurants

Harbortouch makes life easy!

I felt they were a great partner and excellent product. I have no idea why anyone with a small to medium restaurant would use any other product.

Pros

So many things to like! The price was EXCELLENT compared to the competitors. The ease of use was so simple. When it was installed our menu and pricing was in place. When we had to add employees or make menu updates they were so easy to do right at the main register. Pulling data for sales tax, payroll etc was easy as well. Customer services was EXCELLENT as well.

Cons

I don't know that there was anything I didn't like to be honest. I had zero complaints from myself and the team using the software daily.

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

Same options for our business at a much more reasonable price.

Reasons for Switching to Harbortouch POS

The older product was defunct and was terrible. Impossible to make updates - we hated it.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied January 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that your overall experience with Harbortouch has been positive. If there is anything we can do to further improve your experience in the future, please email us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Joe from PAL Cleaning Systems, Inc

Industry: Chemicals

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

My experience with this company is non other than a nightmare. This company charges ridiculous fees because most people don’t look at their bill closely and I would URGE YOU TO REVIEW YOUR BILLS FROM THEM!! They charged me excessive fees and when I called to discuss it they lied and told me they were overcharging me and would refund/credit me. They never called back which is THEIR MO. The woman [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a liar and is very unhelpful. They try to make it so that you cannot cancel their services by lying and telling you that they never received the cancellation forms. I personally sent their cancelation forms back to them after they finally sent them to me which was worse than pulling teeth. They received it and still continued to charge me fees. My bank was instructed not to accept any charges from them because they are fraudulent. They still continue to try to attempt to charge my account for monthly fees after being cancelled. I have no ongoing contract with them and they still continue to create fees. They are a disgusting company and I will be filing a BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU COMPLAINT. I would stay far away from this company. And If you currently use their service check your bills. This isn’t a review because I found someone cheaper because cheaper isn’t always better. This is a review because this company is trying to shake me down for money that is not owed to them. They are a disgrace

Pros

I liked paying to overnight their Terminal and wiring back to them.

Cons

STAY AWAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Response from Harbortouch

Replied February 2021

Joe, We are disheartened to hear of the frustrations you've encountered during your cancellation process and would like to sincerely apologize. We would like to speak with you further to learn more about your concerns and work to resolve them. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number along with your contact information to reviews@harbortouch.com, and one of our team members will reach out to further assist.

Olga from FAMILY CUTZ

Depressing System

On my first day I called very excitedly to set up the system and no one answered. It took hours for them to answer. It was then that I had a sinking feeling I've been had!

Pros

nothing. your phone can do more than this outdated scam of a system. NEVER get a system that requires you to use your personal ID. They attach your debt to you as a person not to your business.

Cons

I won't bore you with my personal feelings. Let me bullet point the cons. 1. OLD, OUTDATED SYSTEM. The system is as basic as it can get. Think Android in 2005. 2. You have to be an expert to manage the SMS and email markteting. They outsource that portion of the POS. 3. No way to do online booking eventhough they say you can. 4. 24/7 support? Heck no. The support is made up of newbies who read of a list and can NEVER help you solve a simple problem. They would put me on hold for hours to try and figure things out. None of the support staff know the system at all. 5. The system claims your clients can book online but its a LIE there's no link or anything available for clients to access the booking. I really tried to resolve this by calling 5 days in a row and trying new support members but it was always the same. 6. If you have a high volume of sales the system will shut down in the middle of a credit card transaction or in the middle of me booking a client. I would have to ask the client to do the whole process all over again. emberrasing! 7. No apps, no way to communicate with clients regarding their appointments. 8. When you set up your images for your modules it's a nightmare. You can't upload your pictures like any normal system. The pictures don't resize and you can barely see them when you sync your system. It's like working on a super old program. 9. The credit card system goes out almost every single time I use it. I lost money bc I cant tell if a pay

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

becuase they offered a free POS system, 24/7 customer support, email marketing, online booking and texting. All of which is a BOLD LIE.

Reasons for Switching to Harbortouch POS

I wanted a system with payroll, employee access, book keeping and email marketing all of which harbortouch failed me miserably in.

Joseph from Joe Caribe

Beware

The first month we had the system, the company had an internal glitch and lost about 450 individual transactions worth about 16k. It took a while to figure out what was going on. After about three weeks they had to manually re-enter all of those transactions. Most people seeing the transactions on their account called wondering why they were being charged others just disputed the charges. Then they realized they hadn't entered the the hundreds of dollars in tips so added those separately. It was a nightmare and they took no responsibility. I needed to write a letter to a VP or someone and got a nominal compensation for the damage that was done to my brand. I recently changed to Toast and have had a hell of a time getting out of this company's clutches. They are incredibly difficult to deal with in the break up process. Just don't get involved with them to start with.

Pros

The software worked well. The people at tech support were wonderful.

Cons

The system itself was pretty easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

The idea of leasing the equipment and avoiding the 15k or so involved with a Micros system or other was attractive.

Reasons for Switching to Harbortouch POS

We had lots of problems with Restaurant Pro Express.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied February 2021

Joseph, We would like to first extend our sincerest apologies for the troubles you've experienced during your time as a Harbortouch customer, and we are sorry to see you go. If you would like, please feel free to email us at reviews@harbortouch.com so we can better understand how your merchant experience could have been improved and resolve any outstanding issues there may be.

Mandy from Monogram & More

Liars & Thieves

I’d rather step on legos barefooted for 10 miles than use this company again.

Pros

We’ve been with this company for 4 years. Only having signed a 3 year contract. Due to covid, we had to move our store and severely downsize to be able to keep our doors open. This meant getting rid of the 2 POS systems we had with Harbourtouch and going with something cheaper. When we called to let them know to cancel, we were told it’ll be taken care of. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the contract wasn’t canceled and they kept charging. They then tried to tell us, we automatically renew for a year if we don’t call at the 3 year mark. Which is a lie and shady business. That was 4 months ago. Three of which, we received some sort of charge. We have been told for well over a month that they’ll give us back the funds they stole. We’ve lawyered up and will see how it goes. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! They’ll lie and steal from you.

Cons

It crashes. Constantly. Be prepared to deal with loss of sakes and upset customers.

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

Apparently, I had a moment of idiocy.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2020

Mandy, First and foremost, we would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have faced during COVID and with closing your Harbortouch account. We were able to locate your account in our system and it appears that the refunds you were inquiring about have been successfully processed. Please allow 3-5 days for the refund to be issued. If there is anything you need in the interim, please email reviews@harbortouch.com and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wendy from Muttigans

72 hours takes on a whole new meaning with them

They have a basic reporting system. Very inefficient for any type of inventory control. Their customer service was okay - they have been fortunate to hire good people but their terms and contracts are deceptive and not industry standard.

Pros

Cons

As we grew, this system no longer met our needs. As per the contract, I called on the day I was told to call to cancel the commitment. That was 7 days ago and I still have not received the neccessary paperwork. I was initially I would receive them in 72 hours. When I called to inquire where the documents were, they said it was 72 "BUSINESS HOURS". In other words, 9 DAYS!!. and they are continuing to charge me in the interim. I am still waiting for my documents. They don't have fine print.. it is miniscule, so buyer BEWARE! I have terminated other merchant accounts before but by far they have been the least transparent and the most difficult to deal with

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

I thought it would help with inventory

Matt from MHT Management, LLC

DON'T DO IT!!! Terrible...

I inherited this system when I bought the company. From the very beginning, it was bad...but I didn't want to mess with getting a new merchant account. But after spending a year with the system we just couldn't work with it anymore. So, after being completely dissatisfied...I called to cancel the agreement. They informed me that I'm in some contract and I have another year (it just renewed 3 days ago). Which is complete BS...I inherited this agreement. It costs them nothing to turn the system off...we didn't eve lease our equipment...it's ours. So, they are now forcing me to stay in some BS agreement? Ok...we'll see.

Pros

Nothing. We got the money that we processed through them...so, that's the only positive.

Cons

Their reporting is terrible. Very difficult to reconcile with transactions when doing bookkeeping. Their customer service is the worst. Long hold times. It's like they are stuck in the 1990s w/ their technology. It takes 2 business days for the funds to hit your account. My new merchant account deposits everything the next day.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2020

Matt, We would like to first extend our sincerest apologies for the troubles you've faced during your time as a Harbortouch customer. We work tirelessly to constantly improve our technology in order to provide our customers with the best equipment and service possible, so we are disheartened to learn about your negative experience with your POS system. After looking into your account, it appears that one of our support team members has already reached out and left a voicemail with information on next steps to cancel. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com, and we will work to resolve this issue.

Rose from Young Hearts Childcare and Learning Center

Industry: Restaurants

What a terrible POS software.

The customer service reps were always very friendly and helpful but sometimes it took up to 45 minutes for a problem to get resolved and they would have to be called almost daily.

Pros

Pros? Oof. I have to say I don’t have many good things to say about HarborTouch. Probably the only thing it has going for it is the ease of use. That’s it.

Cons

Garbage software. It constantly freezes up or needs to be restarted or “updated”. Our tablet would never stay connected to the brain of the system which means we would have to call everyday for them to fix it. I would NOT recommend any company get this POS software. Buyer beware!

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2019

Rose, We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your Harbortouch POS system and sincerely apologize for any frustration you have experienced. We work hard to develop a top-of-the-line product that delivers value to our customers to help make running their business easier. If possible, our upper management would like to speak with you to understand how we can make your experience with Harbortouch better and resolve the mentioned issues. At your convenience, please email reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID Number and best contact number. Someone will then be in contact with you.

catherine from Linden Manro BEd and Breakfast

Do not use this company

Pros

I have use Harbor touch for over 20 years. I have had good service. Due to covid-19 I have had to closed my business. I have tried to close my account with Harbortouch since April. I have been given nothing but the run around and I have been charge 75.00 per month since April for zero transactions on my account. This is not acceptable. Catherine

Cons

Do not due business with this company. They have very dishonest business practices.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied September 2020

Hello Catherine, we first want to sincerely apologize for the troubles you have experienced with closing your account. Our records indicate that someone from our team is working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please email reviews@harbortouch.com if you need any further assistance, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

Andrea from Uplift Maui

Gaugers and Game Players

horrible

Pros

I hate leaving bad reviews, but feel this one is necessary! Buyer beware- don't be fooled by their low fees, they will slap you with HUGE PCI fees annually, as well as fees for their little card reader. Also, during the pandemic, when I was unable to accept cards, I was getting billed monthly what was way too high, when I called to complain, they said they would refund me part of it, but then would find out they would only give part of that back; I then called to cancel and they said they would refund the fees charged if I stayed with them- so I said ok... same thing, they only refunded half of what they said they would do .. this went on one more time, and they said they were going to refund it within 3-5 business days, but when I looked to see on my statement they had not, and when I called they said they would refund once I started charging cards again. They play games to appease you- HORRIBLE company- Don't use them.

Cons

their Hidden fees; deceptive customer service

Danielle from Dinner Revolution LLC

False Promises & Eggregious Functionality Issues

You cannot imagine the sad experience we have had with Harbor Touch. When we had to reboot the POS multiple times, every day, for 2 months straight, during busniess hours, we obviously had some very upset customers who had to wait up 20 minutes while the system came back up and then, many times, STILL did not work. Some guests were able to pay with cash or agreed to leave their CC info with our promise that we would destroy the information later once the system was up an running again, but if you run a business with CC, you can imagine what a mess this was. HT was terrible in rectifying the issue for us and allowed us to struggle, literally DAILY!, for months before they finally sent out a new everything and fixed the issue. We COMPed so many checks due to guest frustration that could not be recified and lost innumerable customers (which will have a lasting impact on our business). For the financial burden that HT caused during this time, they appeased us with the promise of a $275 credit and another $100 credit which WE HAVE STILL NOT RECIEVED. It's very sad to say that they say whatever they need to keep you "quiet" and don't follow through with their promised. Simply put, Harbor Touch proves time and time again that they do not care about YOUR business. And of course, they continue to take their fees and CC processing charges out on regular schedule, all the while promising the world, and delivering on nothing. So, so sad. Stay FAR away.

Pros

User friendly POS face for employees to use during business hours is easy to read (large font) & simple to learn.

Cons

If you want to see accurate payroll daily, if you think you will use this system to keep accurate track of your employee's hours or have them clock-in using this system, if you want the credit card processing to work properly every time you run one, or if you want customer support that fultills it's promises, then sadly, Harbor Touch is not for you.

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

We are now bidding other companies and in the process of filing formal business complaint for neglegance.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied January 2020

Danielle, We would first like to express our sincerest apologies for the complications and frustrations you have experienced with Harbortouch and your Point of Sale system. Since our beginning, we have made it our mission to serve our customers to the best of our ability and provide them with exceptional products, services and support to help them run a successful business. It is disappointing to hear that you have experienced the opposite, and we are going to evaluate the rough patches and work to resolve them and improve them moving forward. We would also like the opportunity to speak with you to work through any outstanding issues and make this right for you. Your account has been located in our database and someone from upper management will be in contact with you shortly to discuss. In the interim, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be happy to assist.

matt from carter's chocolates

STAY AWAY

I have made a few big mistakes in running my business over the years. Among the top 2 are getting involved with harbortouch. I was told by the salesman that there was a three year commitment. During that three years I experienced a multitude of issues, and paid over 5% total for my "free" system. the first red flag was that I went into it with some concerns, but was told there was a 30 day period that I could return the system. A couple weeks in, when I called with some concern over the operations, I was told that the 30 day period was up, because it started the day the order was placed, and NOT the day it arrived two weeks later. That was the first indication that they were operating in bad faith. for the next few months every time they did a system update, it took place at noon. that was a busy tie for me, and the system shut down completely for 30 minutes or longer. Customers who couldn't pay just left. I called every time this happened of course, and got zero response. No consideration for the fact that they were costing me revenues. There are many flaws in the system. The pool on employees contained all the staff that was ever employed, with no way to clear out all but the current employees, making it difficult or impossible to use. They could not calculate the hours for the staff. the daily reports had the credit line and the cash income line in random order day to day. Gift cards were treated as income when sold, and were treated as income when redeemed, so there w

Pros

Nothing. The screen has no ability to modify the placement or order of buttons. constant updates occurred during open hours, locking the system up for 30 minutes. the reports put different categories of revenue in a different order each day, randomly.

Cons

there was very little in the way of reports to track sales. couldn't track daily sales to compare from year to year, or track which hours had high or low sales. labor was the worst. once an employee was in the system, they were always in the way, with no way to change their status o inactive to get them off the screen. Sales of gift cards were considered revenue, redeeming gift cards were considered revenue, so you paid income tax on the same income twice. and the gift cards were expensive, of course.

David from Sue's Fresh Juice Bar & Sandwich Shop

Terrible POS - very poor customer service

NONE!

Pros

NONE! There is nothing about this system that is acceptable. They update in the middle of the day!, system always crashes, very poor customer service,

Cons

We have had the Harbortouch POS system for over two (2) years. We regrettably signed a three (3) year contract. Since day 1, we have had nothing but trouble. The system can go off line numerous times, or freeze up, throughout the day, generally when customers are waiting. This is extremely bothersome when you are trying to charge a credit card. Added to this, is that this company has one to the poorest customer service I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Today, our system went down three times during sales, with the last time the POS froze up. One was with a credit card purchase, thankfully the customer was very understanding and used cash instead. Once again we had to call customer service (which is poor) and once again we were put on hold for over 35 minutes. At first, the customer service rep said to just turn off the system, and turn back on -- rebooting ---- informed him that has already been done, then he put us on hold again. He returned to tell us that 'yes' there is 'something' wrong with their system, they are working on it, and it should be around an hour or so. When asked about credit card sales, his response was that we could always call the credit card company! Unacceptable when you are running a restaurant and the customers are waiting to pay. Customer Services' attitude appears to be that 'we have you under contract... hahaha. I know another merchant who also has Harbortouch, and has the same problems and complaints. This is a "POS - POS"

Dan from Bruno’s

You lose more than you win

Awful

Pros

It is cheap,

Cons

The layout, theme, support, any sort of extra integration you may need (Website, online ordering platforms) forget about it, slow running, wastes a tremendous amount of paper.

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

Cheap, owner forced it on us.

Who the fuck knows

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2019

Dan, We are saddened to hear that you are more than dissatisfied with your Harbortouch POS system and apologize for your negative experience. We work hard to develop user-friendly products that deliver exponential value to our customers. We would like the opportunity to understand more of your concerns and work together to determine a solution that will work well for your business. At your convenience, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID number and best contact number. Once we have this information, someone from our management team will be able to review your account and contact you to discuss this further.

Cory from Caro's Markets

Going with Harbortouch was the absolute worst decision I made in opening my business.

The software is complete rubbish and continues to break down a couple times per week. It doesn't even have the basic functionality needed to run a restaurant. In theory its simple to use. But with the number of times it breaks down per week, and the limited functionality, you always need a manager around to come up with workarounds when the software doesn't work or doesn't do what you need it to do.

Cons

Let me start by explaining what initially attracted me to Harbortouch: 1) Low upfront costs, 2) Salesperson told me to expect my effective rate to be about 1.8%, 3) Equipment would be under full replacement warranty for three years, 4) Customer service would be on call 24/7, 5) Salesperson told me that they would be the first company to issue an EMV solution for restaurants, and 6) they told me that they had a reservation system built in to the system. My experience: 1) The low up-front costs turned out to be "not true". There were a lot of set-up fees, printer fees, etc that they never explained up front. 2) Four months in to operating my business, my effective rate is closer to 2.55% (not the 1.8% the Sales Rep quoted). 3) I've had two hard equipment breakdowns in the first four months. Yes, they did replace the equipment but transit and set-up time accounts to over a week. So that's two week's worth of down equipment so I've lost internal capacity and added wait times to my customers. 4) Yes, customer service is on-call 24/7. BUT, hold times to talk to someone often are over 30 minutes. I typically need their help a couple times a week because the software is complete rubbish as well. Then another 20-30 minutes or so to resolve the software problems. So I lose about 2 hours of my life per week dealing with rubbish software and their Customer Service. 5) The EMV system is no longer even on the horizon. 6) The reservation system is unusable.

Mark from Natural Refine

Terrible experience

Not good at all. Especially changing terms of agreement, system constantly wipes out inventory we enter and than we have to reenter than wipes out again. Very aggravating.

Pros

The beginning it is great sales pitch convenient for having POS system and service at monthly rate rather than upfront cost. Customer service avail 24/7 but limited in their ability to help (depending on who you reach).

Cons

-POs system could've been purchased much less than what they charge monthly - They changed terms of contract a few months after committing to 3 yr deal..which triples cost of ending service early - My slow months with little sells they charge me more - countless problems with inventory end of POS, constantly wopes out inventory I enter and re-enter - I feel they prey on start up businesses like myself. Lock you in, make changes to their agreement, raise prices, limited capabilities for a growing business.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied March 2019

Mark, we are disheartened to hear of your experience with Harbortouch and sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that may have come from our end. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account in our database. Someone from our management staff will review your account and reach our to you ASAP to discuss potential resolutions.

Donald from The Surfing Crab

Worst company ever

The worst company I’ve dealt with in over 30 years in the restaurant business. Horrible people.

Pros

Nothing. The people that work for them are horrible.

Cons

Not a software problem. That lies with their horrible employees

Response from Harbortouch

Replied April 2020

Donald, We are sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with your experience with Harbortouch and would like to sincerely apologize for your frustrations and inconveniences. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better understand your concerns and work with you to resolve them. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone from upper management will be in contact with you shortly.

Andrea from Scoop House

Constant equipment failure during busy periods, on hold forever, over-charging me for months

Pros

The updated Harbortouch Lighthouse reporting, however I have learned most POS system have the same reporting. If I could give negative stars I would.

Cons

software un-reliable, did not live up to their contract, randomly giving me price increases when I had a 3 year signed contract, never removed additional costs i.e. gift card charge after I had asked several times, automatically renewed me for another 3 years, never gave me notice and found out when I tried to cancel my service. Very expensive, poor customer service depending on the rep you get on the phone. Currently I have been on the phone for over 46 minutes trying to get my statement issues resolved. I have a screen shot to prove it. Horrible feeling that I have been taken advantage of being a new business owner. You have many options for POS systems, this is NOT it. I realize the POS and credit card processing is confusing, talk to you bank first and other business owners before making your decision. It is very important.

Kadi from Stark Enterprises

Accouting Assistant - New integration

Pros

It is easy to make adjustments to the POS through their website to multiple stores. Some reporting functions are useful

Cons

Reports should be more customize able. I have 12 locations, and there are not a lot of reports i can run for all 12 locations and have the information separated by location. I must run the report 12 times. I would like to be able to create reports that I am able to specialize. When we signed up with HT we were promised an integration with Compeat. Not only did we find out after the POS was installed that this was not possible, we were promised a quick resolution to the issue. There has been hardly any communication. We have follow up over, and over, and over again to receive any resposnse. All communication is initiated by us - HT will not reach out. Would not reccomment this company to anyone. The installations was in July and this is still not resolved.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2018

Kadi, we first want to apologize for the frustrating experience you have with Harbortouch thus far. We are continuously working to improve the customer experience through our software and backend portal to make managing your business as simple as possible. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. Please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID Number so that we can look into this further and resolve with the best possible solution.

James from Small Salon

As others have said, Rip Off Artists

Pros

It's fine. I really have no problem with the actual software,.

Cons

Somehow they lost our paperwork (seriously, in this day and age, actual PAPER work) to cancel three times, so they just went ahead and kept charging us for three years, though we were no longer receiving services. When I asked what we were paying for, I was told that it was a fee to "keep the account" open. A number of fake reviews this company takes and the frankly antagonistic way they deal with customers is gross. it's more in how the rest of the company handles itself. They're the mean kid who says "well the rules say" and use them to treat people terribly. If enough people complain that something isn't clear, why not change it? Instead, Harbortouch uses the confusion (that they create) to get more money. Especially sad since they mostly work with small businesses - these are people, Harbortouch, not just dollar signs.

Natalie from Dawn Abbey Inc

The WORST POS! Held MY DOLLARS for 6 months! ARTISTS!

WHAT A NIGHTMARE! My business grew despite this cumbersome checkout process and when the time came to move this company HELD my dollars AND CONTINUED to milk my business account for endless over charges that were all made up! I had to fight for months to get my money back and then they STILL went into my account to take even MORE! SAVE your money and invest in something else! These people are scam artists!

Pros

NOTHING! This system completely stinks and the service is terrible!

Cons

This software is nowhere near as user friendly as they make it sound. It was cumbersome to set up, a pain to adjust and there where duplicate items. Worse still it was painful to use on a daily basis, constantly having to scroll though pages and pages! I bought this because I thought is was a great deal for a new business. I was WRONG. I should have just paid the upfront cost with my bank and let them handle it or found a better solution.

Heather from AAH

Better Servers

Prior to inventory I know what was sold and have a clear idea of exactly what I should have. Expressing this in team meeting has slowly brought the matching closer and closer..meaning less alcohol theft by staff.

Pros

Ordering tableside is great, no more going back and forth bother guests because a server has a MOD question. No one looks incompetent and as a business we look on point and there is no concern from guests out food quality is also a question.

Cons

It made me as a manager look bad!! The staff I wondered about anf seemed to have the most problems with were great on paper. Following sales and percentages I saw that a server I thought was ditzy and annoying but needed...had consistently the highest alcohol and wine sales across the board. I could see who was selling what, when and how they affected bottom line. Then I could coach servers on selling points, it's also a way to teach more about our products. I guess that's the least thing.!!

Reasons for Choosing Harbortouch POS

Bar Rescue and the control of profit and loss was the reason we did it as they were all small businesses and had this big operations changing software.

Yorgen from Collective World Investments Inc.

Super high hidden fees & bad business

I reviewed my fees and contacted them to cancel my service. After a long time trying to tell me that my tear rate was set to high by them and that I'm a valued merchant. The rep got upset that she couldn't convince me to keep the service. SHE SAID "WELL, I'LL SEND YOU A CANCELLATION FORM BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY US $1260 TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT!' What a horrible way to do business. High Fees and bad Business.

Pros

I wish I had a pro other then I have 21 months left on my contract to get rid of them.

Cons

They show you up front how much your fee of 2.5, 2.8% is when in fact they are charging more then a 14 - 18% overall. Not to mention their yearly fee!

Response from Harbortouch

Replied October 2018

Yorgen, we sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Harbortouch. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and would like the opportunity to resolve your complaints. We were able to locate your account in our database, and someone from Harbortouch will be reaching out to you ASAP.

Thomas from Vlore Bakery

Works okay as long as you're okay with workflows from 1995.

Point of sale operation and tracking.

Pros

Overall works okay and handles medium to high volume usage. Once employees are trained they're typically good to go. Allows us to have as many users as we need. Customer support is rather helpful within the rather restricted scope of what the software can accomplish.

Cons

Most things about it. Software assumes that employees don't make mistakes and always follow company policy. More often than not when we try to accomplish something with it we have to find a way to trick it into accomplishing something similar to what we want. For instance, company policy is that every entree must have a beverage. After calling support the only way to do this is to setup beverages as a forced choice on every item on the menu however that then means that those beverages are counted as food revenue at the end of the day. System is obtuse about how to setup items. Items cannot be deleted so when there's a misunderstanding and there's 3 different entries for the same item on the menu, or we decide to change the layout of the dining room we cannot delete excess items or tables leading to clutter in the interface.

Worst Option

Almost every option they offer is not allowed or the staff cannot make it work.

Pros

At the beginning it was a one stop place for a pos and credit processing vendor, but the hidden fees quickly changed that

Cons

Customer service, hidden fees, and fighting to get our money back

Response from Harbortouch

Replied January 2019

Good Morning, we would like to first apologize for any miscommunication that may have come from our end at Harbortouch. We always work to ensure that our merchants are in full understanding of our fees and receive extraordinary customer service each time they contact us. We would like to get a better understanding of the issues you have been experiencing so we may try and resolve them for you. At your convenience, please send an email with your Merchant ID Number to reviews@harbortouch.com. Once we have this information, someone from upper management will review your account and be in contact with you.

Andrea from Scoop House

Industry: Restaurants

Worst POS contract on the market

RUN away as fast as you can! So many good POS systems out there, this is NOT one of them.

Pros

We had it for 4 years, it was down more than it functioned.

Cons

They trick you with the contract, giving you a 3 year renewal for the processing fees (which you must use Harbortouch for) and a 4 year renewal on the POS operating system. If you do the math, you cannot ever get out of your contract.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied April 2019

Andrea, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with Harbortouch. We ensure to always put our merchants first and strive to ensure they have the best merchant experience possible. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone from our management staff will review your account and be in contact with you ASAP to see how we can correct this for you.

Bruno from CircBbq

A Total Nightmare! Overcharges and Bogus Fees

Our experience with Harbortouch has been horrible.They have charged us fees above what was agreed to, and charged bogus PCI fees, which no reputable bank charges. To get refunds from them is like pulling teeth. Our merchant ID is 18515325. Example: Looking at the December 2016 statement, I had total transactions in the amount of $802.34. Of this amount, $595.54 were debit transactions. Of the total of $802.34, I was charged 9% of my total. These alleged charges of "authorization" and "other" are included in the processing fees, not in addition to. Both their regional manager and their sales rep promised that any rates from other banks would be matched by Harbortouch. Complete BS! Also, their CEO basically told me I was stuck in a contract and no refunds for overcharges would be made. By the way, this so called "free" POS system costs us highly, in addition to their outrageous fees. Also, there contract protects them from filing suit in your local courts, and that you wave class action status.Would a reputable company need this?

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

The fees involved. Too expensive!

Bill from Athenian Restaurant

Industry: Restaurants

Harbortouch, Do not Bother.

Overall experience was not Good. Would present hidden fees all through out 3 years of contract.

Pros

It was easy to use for the most part. Good software.

Cons

The software is too pricey for a small business.

Reasons for Switching to Harbortouch POS

Too Many hidden fees and dishonest company.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2019

Bill, We would first like to apologize that are unhappy with your Harbortouch service. We strive to be as transparent as possible with our customers in regards to their account, and clearly failed to do so here. We would like an opportunity to work though this with you and resolve your concerns. Someone form upper management will be on contact with you shortly to discuss. In the interim, please feel free to email reviews@harbortouch.com and we will be glad to help.

Dana from Blue Moon Vapors LLC

Was not PCI compliant and charge you for it, sold me a restaurant POS, I am a vapor shop, technical

None! Higher rates on holding my money....What could benefit you from that?

Cons

Too hard to find items, can't just type in what you need, sent back system and they said I didn't send it back and are charging me for it, what a scam! Technical support is never available and when they are, talk way over the average persons head, rates were lowered and they didn't pass it on to their customers, always down, which they can charge you a higher rate if you have to manually enter the card number. I have reported them to better business bureau. They hung up on me today. So juvenile. DON'T USE THIS SYSTEM. YOU WILL BE SORRY....

Joshua from Energy

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Avoid Harbortouch at all cost

I have never taken the time to go out of my way to write a negative review about any company I have ever worked with. My experience with Harbortouch has led me to search out every site that does reviews. It appears that they have disabled Google reviews of their product, and I assume it would be because it would be very bad.

Pros

I purchased because of the ability to get the hardware without an upfront investment. TERRIBLE MISTAKE ON MY PART.

Cons

Customer support, product support, development. It is clear that the business model for this company is to provide a product that looks good enough to get people to sign a three-year contract. I can't imagine that they have much retention after that initial contract

Response from Harbortouch

Replied June 2019

Joshua, We are disheartened to hear of your negative experience with Harbortouch and would like to sincerely apologize. We at Harbortouch strive to provide our valued customers with the best products and exceptional customer service. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. At your convenience, please email your Merchant ID Number and best contact number to reviews@harbortouch.com. Someone from upper management will then be in touch with you to discuss and resolve these issues.

Mark from Cook Shoppe

Absolutely The Worst POS & "Customer Service" Avoid At All Costs

Pros

If you are into S&M and like torture,​ this is the system for you otherwise run away.

Cons

The customer service is lie after lie run around after run around. The system constantly breaks, it doesn't have the most basic features​ that every POS company has been providing for nearly 2 decades. I own 7 restaurants and this by far was a huge mistake, it costs more money​ in time and labor then what its worth.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied June 2019

Mark, We would first like to offer our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have been experiencing. Our goal is to provide our valued customers with the highest quality products and support possible, and we are disheartened to hear that you have had a negative experience thus far. Nevertheless, we would like the opportunity to have our upper management team review your account and resolve any outstanding issues. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be in contact with you ASAP.

Melody from Dareing Events

Beware of Harbortouch

The first month was great and everything happened just as the salesperson said it would. The second month was hell. They arbitrarily changed my billing from monthly to daily without telling me, deducting various amounts from our checking account without invoicing. This caused more than $600 in overdraft fees. Even after I fixed all this with the bank and stipulated to Harbourtouch what I would accept and not accept in writing, they did it again! This time it caused $210 in overdraft fees. Finally, their retention department changed my account to monthly and I have one more shot at fixing this to get more than $200 in money being held in limbo. I can't settle my register until I have money in the bank and know they aren't deducting until everything is through.

Pros

The fact that they provided a cash register too and all of it was already programmed.

Cons

They hold my money from deposits without notification. They put a 48 hour hold on my deposits, but take out their pay on that money within 24 hours. This caused significant overdrafts, which Harbortouch wouldn't help with or accept responsibility for.

Carlos from Tropical Juice Bar LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Like a car that always breaks down!!! DON'T FALL FOR IT RUN.

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A GOOD DEAL BUT I WAS VERY WRONG. DONT TRUST THE SALES GUYS THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM. THEY ARE JUST VERY GOOD AT SELLING!

Pros

That my staff knows how to use it. NOTHING ELSE IS GOOD ABOUT THIS SYSTEM.

Cons

High cc processing fees ALWAYS BREAKS DOWN! Online accessing for reporting is practically nonfunctioning (takes like 30 min to pull any report) super slow, for that, I rather just go to the store and print it from there. Hassle to get any equipment replaced that breaks. Too many other to mention

Dan from Right home inspections

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Terrible service

Terrible service when trying to solve issues.

Pros

Nothing good for the money. I keep thinking about what My return on my investment and this company is a waste of time!

Cons

Expensive service and when you have a issue they make you wait for a long time on hold!

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2018

Dan, we would first like to apologize the negative experience you had with Harbortouch. We make customer satisfaction a top priority and are saddened to hear that your experience was sub-par. If there is anything Harbortouch can do for you in future, please email reviews@harbortouch.com.

Deana from Beltzville Bar and Grill

Love my Harbortouch POS

My overall experience is awesome. It gives me extra time to do other things I need to do as a manager. Increased our revenue through tracking inventory and credit card use. Also love the customer service if a problem arises.

Pros

Easy to use for both manger and employees. Lightens my work load with inventory/inventory and accounting reports

Cons

Would have liked to sit with someone in person to program.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2018

Deana, thank you for the positive review! We strive to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our customers, and are happy to hear that you are happy. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your experience with Harbortouch, please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Mark from Brooks Tavern

Stay away-run away

They have “Fixed” my system over and over. It keeps loosing buttons off of the menu. They cannot find a fix. Needless to say I have lost faith in the system and I do not know if my reports are correct of not.

Pros

Zero-zip , don’t trust the FREE, you get what you pay for.

Cons

Everything, cannot trust the system, remember you get what you pay for.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied April 2019

Mark, we would first like to apologize for the frustrating experience you have had with Harbortouch thus far. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account and someone from our technical support management team will review your account and reach out to you to resolve these issues.

Kellie from Acme

Worst choice you can make

Waste of money

Pros

Nothing. There is way better options out there

Cons

They rip you off with added fees. Promised me a rate reduction and never did it when I tried to cancel my account with them. Scam

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2018

Kellie, we are truly sorry for your experience with Harbortouch thus far. We would like an opportunity to re-evaluate your account and make this right for you. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be reaching out to you ASAP to discuss how we can resolve this issue.

Keith from The Garden Spot

Lies, lies, lies!!!

They promised to match the 1.69% I pay with Payanywhere but after all their fees their actual rate is over 8%!! That is crazy, they lie and charge fees for everything they can make up and charge way more than their contract says that they will. They will tell you that somewhere in their contract it says that they can raise their prices anytime. DO NOT believe them when they say they will match a competitors price. All lies. We are compiling a list of complaints against Harbortouch to get them to fix or take legal action. If you have had problems, please contact me at thegardenspot@att.net

Pros

Soon the nightmare will be over.

Cons

Everything from start to finish. Nothing was true. Fees are 600% higher than competitors. Takes twice as long for the money to get to your account. Made-up fees for everything. (read other reviews) Cant ever talk to someone to help.

Myline from VIBE Bar Nightclub

All Around Best POS System and Customer Service

Every time I call the customer service line, they are always so helpful. The POS never fails us and always keeps up with our volume.

Pros

Cons

I wish the receipt paper wasn't so long. going through double the amount with the new card/chip reader.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2018

Myline, we are happy to hear of your positive experience with Harbortouch! If there is ever anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please feel free to reach out to us via reviews@harbortouch.com. We will be more than happy to assist!

jessie from Restaurant

Con Artist

HORRIBLE!

Pros

NOTHING!!!!! This company is a joke, they are thieves

Cons

This company is a joke. once they get you signed up you can't leave without spending thousands of dollars. Even when it comes time when you should be able to write a simple letter to get out of the agreement they come up with some crazy reason why your letter wasn't excepted and how your contract started over. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

David from PowerObjects

No access to your data and Customer service is beyond terrible

After install it's been TERRIBLE. Although reliable

Pros

Equipment and setup was great! the ability to duplicate items saves a ton of steps

Cons

Forget reporting it isn't happening. All I wanted was a transaction detail report for a previous month that included items. NOT happening. Call customer service and all they are doing is reading the KB articles. Ordering is not super intuitive

Response from Harbortouch

Replied February 2019

David, we would like to first offer our sincerest apologies for the complications you have been experiencing with your Harbortouch POS system. We would like an opportunity to have someone from out technical management team review your account and resolve these issues for you. At your earliest convenience, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID Number so we can address this as soon as possible.

LANCE from TOP THIS FRANCHISING

HORRIBLE

NONE

Pros

NOTHING. ITS OLD AND GOT SCREWED OVER ON FEES SINCE THE FIRST DAY I SIGNED UP AND COULD NEVER GET OUT OF IT AND STILL CANT UNLESS I PAY.

Cons

BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL SINCE I GOT IT AND WITH CLOVER NOW. THEY JUST TOLD ME, EVEN THOUGH I CALLED TO CANCEL TWICE BEFORE MY TERM WAS UP, THAT SINCE I DID NOT FORMALLY WRITE IN THAT IT AUTO-RENEWED FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS AND THEY WANT MONEY TO CANCEL.

Jason from Sushi Club

This is BY FAR the WORST POS there is.

The only benefit from this software was my ability to pay for service 3 years after i sold my restaurant, so i wouldn't need to pay for a cancellation fee.

Pros

The only thing that i liked about the software was that older waitresses were able to use it, without many issues. ALSO the salesman was very convincing.

Cons

I did not like the fees, the ABSURD contract length, the fact they like to remind you they have you under contract and if you deviate, they will charge you a large cancellation fee. they do not care about their reviews and their customers. I do not understand why people still use their POS. I sold my restaurant in April of 2015. It is April of 2018 and i'm finally able to get out of the contract.

John from City buzz

Over charged

Pros

Nothing ... Horrible customer service Over charged

Cons

Over charged for 2.5 years and will not refund. Have to get an attorney

Response from Harbortouch

Replied March 2019

Hello Robert, we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you received with Harbotouch. We would like an opportunity to review your account and make this right. We were able to locate your account and someone from management will be in contact with you ASAP.

Jordan from Stark Enterprises

harbourtouch

Pros

Harbourtouch gives you a large variety of reports you can run to find exactly what your looking for. It's easy to find a specific report in very little time.

Cons

It would be better if you could customize some of the reports to fit the needs of your business.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied December 2018

Jordan, we are happy to hear that you enjoy your Harbortouch POS system. We understand your need for custom reports. Although we currently cannot support this request, we hope to have this available for all of our customers in the future. We sincerely apologize for an inconvenience this causes you. If there is anything else we can do to improve your customer experience with Harbortouch, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Franc from Adams family Resturant

held our money we made on hold after we payed monthly on time worst POS system around!!!

There are no pros to using this system at all beside the fact that sometimes it starts up that is really it

Cons

Worst POS system out there had our money we made in credit on hold and would give us a reason why lost money in credit card sales because of them let alone the days spent on the phone with the company being transferred to different people every couple of minutes and being on hold whenever they didn't have a answer to me if you own a resturant and in need of a POS system stay away from this company it's hard to use very laggy and have terrible customer support. It stinks that used this POS system because I lost a lot of money using it.

Greg from Black Creek Lighting

Very powerful for the money

Overall my experience has been good and I would not hesitate to reccomend them to a friend

Pros

I like that they have.an option that is designed specifically for my industry.

Cons

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2018

Greg, we are so happy that you are happy! If there is anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via our Facebook page (@harbortouch).

Delinda from Landslide Skate Park

run around customer service with untruthful info

you get a total run around with customer service. They give you a number to contact your rep, you only get and answering service the rep never calls you back.

Pros

It takes so many steps to get one thing entered wasting to much time.

Cons

no online reports available for the info I need for reporting sales tax

Shaun from The Dugout Bar and Grill

Major Regret

Not a day goes by that something doesn't go wrong with this system. The hardware has failed often. They replace it, but certainly a hassle. The functionality isn't there. They told me I could control it remotely via their website. False. They told me I'd save money on credit card processing. False. This has been nothing but trouble since day one. And here I am under contract

Pros

It's shiny

Cons

It's clear that no one who has worked in a restaurant was involved in developing this software. Compared to other systems I've used, very time-consuming.

Colin from Birds & Words

Great service

We can track our inventory much better now, save money on processing and 24/7 support when we need it.

Pros

Easy to use, efficient and great customer service

Cons

Machine could look a little better.its not a sleek as see others look.

Response from Harbortouch

Replied November 2018

Colin, we are very happy that you have had a great experience with your Harbortouch POS system. If there is ever anything we can do to make you merchant experience better, please email reviews@harbortouch.com.