• Pros

• "It is very easy for a first time user to navigate. The is a lot of space for categories on home page which frees up the space is makes it uncluttered."

• "Very Easy to Learn! Great Reporting! Great Customer Service! They have a nice size install base with "real world reference cases"."

• "Its'simicity yet able to handle just about everything. Easy to make adjustments when necessary and communication with tech support is fast!"

• Cons

• "The reporting system isn't as robust as I'd like, however the basic reporting does provide you with access to most items. I'd like to see more details around breakdown of sales per hour and day, etc."

• "Not ready for Multi-Unit use quite yet but close. Would like to see a Kitchen Video Display solution for restaurants."

• "I have a small soda fountain and when we get busy during peak hours, the system will occasionally lag. This can be very frustrating when we have a line out the door and need to pick up the pace."

Browse Instore Reviews

DUSTIN from T&H Cigar Bar, LLC

Excellent POS for Bar Based Businesses

For the money, its hard to beat Instore as a great POS system for our cigar bar.

Pros

The user interface of Instore is very simple to use. The way it presents categories and then items in those categories allows for fast input of orders for customers. The recently added Tab feature allows us to store credit card numbers without having to hold customers cards for tabs they want to run. The ability to add employee payroll cost, as well as COGS allows you to quickly see what your true profit for the day was after each shift closing.

Lizzie from DC Brau Brewing

My experience with Instore is overall favorable, but not without some frustrations

THANKS FOR ADDING TABS!!!!!

Pros

I like that usually when I call for assistance, I get a response within an hour. I also appreciate the ease of adjusting items through the back end of things. The ability to control tax on each item has also been vital to being able to use the system for my business.

Cons

The system isn't as intuitive as it could be. I'd also like to see more specifics in terms of back end reporting.

Alex from Kavarna

It's been a journey

Nice folks. If not for the fact that we're tied in to the gift cards that we've sold, we would probably experiment with different POS options. We're not convinced that other apps are better, we suspect that they all have pluses and minuses. But it would be nice to have the freedom to explore a bit more.

Pros

Generally speaking, it does what we need it to do in a way that makes sense. We often go months without thinking about it or worrying about it. The team at Instore genuinely cares, and while they don't listen to all of our feedback, we can see that our feedback has led to improvement.

Cons

I don't think the back end is robust enough. Sometimes it's impossible to download reports because the server times out before it processes and packages the reports. We've never felt that the "end of day" functionality made much sense. We'd like more flexibility with how it interacts with individual staff members. Sometimes changes are made without us being informed that don't feel like improvements. It would be nice if there were more flexibility in settings about how the app is set up.

Todd from Restaurants

Easy, Intuitive - iPad Based POS Application for Restaurants and Retail

The folks behind this software know what they do well and understand their limitations. They do not "over sell" and provide great support.

Laura from Cuppa Java

Great POS program

At times when updates have occurred some information has been lost or repositioned

Pros

Cons

The lack of control we have over the rewards program, points, etc. I want to be able to handle customer issues immediately

Susan from Haley House, Inc.

Industry: Restaurants

Ease of use and great customer service!

Pros

The ability to see your companies daily and monthly sales. Customer service is great and they respond quickly when problems arise.

Cons

Have not been able to figure out how to assign a cashier to each register transaction. This is something that is needed to track cash loss prevention.

Louisa from My Two Suns, Inc.

GREAT POS FOR A SMALL SHOP

Customer service communication via email is great. Everyone is very accommodating and helpful.

Pros

It has all the features we need for a small cheese/wine/beer shop. Very easy to use, clean and simple user face. We sell cheese so the integrated scale is extremely useful. Not many other POS systems have integrated scale. Instore is always working on updates to improve the POS system. Since we've been using the system, they've added a new feature on sales tax which is quite useful for when we need to file sales tax.

Cons

There are a few features that we would like to have -- I can't easily get a master list of all my inventory, a request would have to be sent to the engineers and it takes a few days to turnaround. Customer service is great through email but not as helpful when we have issues in real time. Normally, can't reach anyone on the phone, would have to leave vmail or email and have someone return your call within 24 hrs.

Namil from E & S Original Steak-N-Take

Industry: Restaurants

Overall Good product but could be much better.

Pros

Ease of use and stability. System rarely has any problems and the credit card processing is stable.

Cons

Key features missing for food service business. Missing ingredient level inventory and a feature to track waste so that your end of day numbers are exact.

Emily from Ebaugh’s Whistle Stop

Industry: Restaurants

Good, not bad for start up

I love the rewards.

Pros

It is very easy to create an item. Once created you can easily send it right to the pos from anywhere. I don’t always have to be at my store to up date.

Cons

There is not a very good inventory system. Or maybe it is just difficult to understand. I find myself guessing what I need because the system doesn’t let me track it.

Julie from The Pie Place

Needs more features

Pros

It is easy to use but needs to add more features, such as an ability to hold and sort orders. This is vital for a business that takes orders for a few weeks out.

Cons

The iPad and system together are very glitchy (I don’t know if they sell used iPads) but within six months our system became very hard to work with.

Jorge from Kyndys Donuts

Competitive

Overall great system. Just need better communication with in store reps.

Pros

Price and full control of menu everything is done in store. No need to contact anyone or call unless it’s really bad

Cons

I feel that the Credit card processing is a bit off. I would gave power outages often and also lost lots of money on offline processing.

Chris from Grounded Coffee

Perfect for our shop

Pros

The Instore team is responsive to our needs and problems. Many times when I have had an issue, I have called to find them in the final stages of an update to resolve that very problem. They have a robust system that is very easy to use for our coffee shop. Menu updates are simple and can be pushed out immediately. Employee timesheets are kept automatically. They are worth every penny of our subscription, and I especially appreciate the use of third party hardware. We saved literally thousands of dollars in hardware alone. Bottom line: Instore is clean, easy to operate, easy to update, and simple. It's one less thing to consume my very limited time.

Cons

Some of the finer points of the software are a little clunky, such as item modifier management, and some of the backend is less user-friendly than desired. But again, I've been informed that a major backend overhaul is in the works to address these very issues. As far as complaints about the Vendor themselves, I have none!

My from DC Brau

Instore

Pros

I like the emails we get about updates & the interface. For the most part it's really easy to use and the FAQ are very helpful.

Cons

It's not always the most intuitive POS system. It took a long time got an update to be created that allowed us to start tabs.

Susan from Nate’s Baked Goods & Coffee

So Happy in Austin

Support is great and I’m so happy I chose instore for our first shop!

Pros

Ease of use, detail of reports, reward system is loved by most, hold orders are very convenient and the overall look!

Cons

That there is no FINAL screen after the customer signs or pays . . . Something to say, “Thank you! See you tomorrow” Customers are often confused and say, “am I done?” When it jumps to the next order screen

Judy from Androscogginbank Colisee

Overall the system is fairly easy to use.

I don’t like the fact that you don’t need to open a shift in order to sell.

Pros

It’s Easy to use. You can take the iPad anywhere. I like having the employee hours on the same system.

Cons

The individual shift reports. I would like more detail on the individual’s shift, not just cash, When there’s more than one shift open on the same date at the same time.

Chris from Farm Luck,LLC

Does Pretty Good

I like the Instore product it is easy to use, they are constantly updating it with new features, and I like the metrics it measures. However, I am afraid my business might be a bit too busy for it to keep up with.

Pros

The overall product is very clean and intuitive. It was easy to program and is easy for my employees to learn how to use.

Sarah from Ebaugh's Whistle Stop

It's good to start

It needs to be easier to add inventory. Ounces, containers etc.

Pros

It's easy to train employees on and easy to navigate. I like that I can see the daily reports on my phone.

Cons

My accountant doesn't like the profit and loss report at all. He said it's not a true profit and loss report.

kimberly from Breaking bread

Industry: Restaurants

Like it but don’t love it

Pros

Reports are good and what I can see remotely with regards to sales

Cons

Grayscale, not really user friendliness

Susan from Good Earth Market

Industry: Supermarkets

Good value but we have had to work out some "bugs" the good news is support fixes problems quickly.

We are happy with the system and we are hoping that because we have had bugs worked out so quickly that that is a sign that the software is still evolving and can grow with us!

Pros

The customer support is really good. We communicate problems with a customer representative and he gets right back to us!

Cons

Just some "bugs" in the system and times that there is a syncing delay with the two terminals we have.

Orlando from RGVfit, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use and fast to setup

good experience with my first POS ever used.

Pros

multiple locations, ability to set up different items at each location, all in one registers available

Cons

layout need to be changed to make more user friendly. I have a large menu with many categories where more category space would have been useful

John from Four Downs Sports Bar

Has the opportunity to be great

Pros

I like the easy set-up The online ability to see up to date sales I like the ability to be mobile with the POS

Cons

Do not like the customer service Do not like the fact you can’t split tabs or combine them Don’t like how easy it drops service or ability to take credit cards

Jake from Ohno Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Good enough but should be better

Pros

I can do everything i need right from the ipad. Customer support is very good. The help pages on the website are helpful

Cons

In the app rums a little slow and it seems like a lot of buttons to be constantly pressing,l to get the result i want, i feel like it should be simplified somehow. The website is difficult to navigate.

July 2015

Lacey from The SweetSpot

July 2015

Instore Hits The SweetSpot

Pros

The customer service, while not 24 support, is extremely responsive. I have felt like I am part of my POS team instead of just an end user of a purchased product. The software is reliable and flexible.

Cons

The lack of 24 hour support has been difficult at times, but very rarely.

Amanda from River Road Coffeehouse

Good POS system

Pros

I like the customization features. You can tailor the app to help it function best for your store needs.

Cons

Certain features can slow you down if not utilized correctly. Customer service can be slow and take weeks to remedy bugs and fixes.

Sheldon from Lettuce Entertain You 2

Very user friendly

Pros

Hand held are a great way to get orders quick and pay at the table.You can also use it off site for banquets.

Cons

You can’t ring in or split tickets by seat numbers. The printer looses communication with the iPad one or twice a week

Eric from Twin peaks

Industry: Restaurants

InStore : not a great pos

Pros

The monthly fee is reasonable, less than it’s competition. Other than that, I don’t really see too many pros.

Cons

None of the data I want is easy to access, if even possible at all. Customer data is limited, such as access to emails. Daily, monthly and annual data is hard to talley. This is not a good choice for a busy restaurant.

Matt from Schneider Feed Lawn & Supply

Instore is Trash

Overall experience was horrible.

Pros

There were zero Pros to the software. Never worked properly. A constant headache

Cons

Everything. Software constantly crashed, customer service is horrible. When you leave a message it would sometimes take several hours for them to call back. The reps would always blame my "enviroment" for the software not working. Funny thing is I have a new system that works flawlessly. In the end they were extremely rude and insulting. Glad I switched!

Reasons for Choosing Instore

Monthly cost. Ended up being a big mistake. You get what you pay for.

Duane from Central Christian Church

User Friendly all the way!

Overall I am very satisfied with the instore software and the hardware. I love the reporting that is available and the easy of use.

Pros

I love the very simple interface. It is easy to program through the back office and the ability to customize is amazing. I also appreciate the easy of use with gift cards.

Cons

My only negative with the product is that it has a tendency to disconnect from the internet. The fix is usually unplugging the register and replugging in.

Brian from Rosie's Coffee, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

A good product that can be great with a few small tweaks

Pros

Back-end reporting is intuitive and extremely helpful when submitting sales tax numbers quarterly. The checkout and payment process is easy to learn and simple as is time tracking for employee shifts.

Cons

Using signing up people for rewards could be easier and faster. It would be nice if the most popular items migrated to the tops of the categories automatically.

Deanna from Rosie’s Coffee

Industry: Restaurants

Instore has made it easy to train employees on register and group items accordingly yo expedite service.

Pros

I like how you can control the format. It’s easy to add seasonal specials, adjust employee pay, and keep track of sales remotely. We also like the rewards program option.

Cons

It was slightly confusing to update and I had to reach out to tech support. I also wish there was an option to include half a cent for prices.

Jana from Central christian church

Point of sale for Cafe

Customer service is helpful to solve problems.

Pros

Cons

the screen is light grey and is not easy to see. We have some people that cannot use it because of the light print.

February 2015

Raja from Taj Indian

February 2015

Beautiful, easy to use, just the right amount of insights

Pros

The web dashboard is easy to follow and provides just the right amount of information and tools that I need (changing menu and prices, employees, locations).

Cons

A recent update resolved the issues I had. Before, there wasn't an offline mode for processing transactions.

Tish from Law firm

Perfect for Car Wash

Pros

The product was easy to use and they were very helpful. Had everything I needed for the car wash, even let me have add on's

March 2016

Maria from Berkshire Union Free School Distric

March 2016

Excellent customer service!

Pros

Employees were very nice, prompt and knowledgeable about their products. It was very easy to understand the online presentation and make a choice for purchase.

Cons

So far I am 100% happy with the product and customer service. The equipment came nicely packet and was all brand new, and the employees have been helpful and friendly every time we speak!

Ted from Cherokee Web Design

User friendly

Detailed features, good customer service, easy to use

Alexay from The West End Lounge

Hardships with InStore

Pros

There's not much I like about Instore.

Cons

There are all kinds of glitches with the software in addition to simple common functions not included that make using this product difficult and provide a less satisfying customer experience, which in turn affects sales, repeat business, and tips for the staff.

Joshua from Education

Instore Review

Pros

Features are solid, employees are very nice and their customer service was great. Very easy to follow

Cons

There were a lot of glitches with the software that were recently fixed with an update, nothing to complain about