• Pros

• "So easy to use and set up. Has tones of functionality. They continue to improve every year. "

• "easy to use, scheduling tool is nice and easy "

• "Easy to use live chat system with VERY competent reps."

• Cons

• "They always had something go wrong and would then need support which took time from actual work!"

• "It doesn't integrate with many other types of software (like loyalty programs). "

• "Updates bring advanced features that sometimes requre new training. "

Browse Orchid Spa Salon Reviews

Jennifer from A Dental Office

Simple and easy to use!

Pros

The pricing is very affordable and a free trial is available which is helpful to test it out and see if its the right fit! Our clients have commented on how they enjoy the reminders which are available in both text and email. Confirmations are done quick and easy making more time for front end staff. It also has a mobile app available which is handy for on the go, I'm not stuck to a computer. Customer support is most excellent when in need.

Cons

Everything works perfectly for our business.

Malorie from Laser Aesthetics Body and Wellness

They were amazing

Overall we thoroughly have enjoyed Orchid. I am really hoping they can fix the situation with the detailed reporting and we can get back with them, because right now, we are back at square one in our searching for software. I really enjoyed their software, having it all set up properly, learning all the ways to use it, and the training was impeccable. Hands down, they have an amazing team of customer service reps who go out of their way to accommodate you with excellent service and care. The software is easy to understand and use and so is the app. and just a beautiful technique overall in the setup. I really thought we had a winner there. Come on Orchid!!! Fix that reporting method! Other than that, excellent job guys!

Pros

I absolutely enjoyed everything and the ease of using it and implementing the software into our business. I even loved having an Orchid service friend (I call him a friend haha) on speed dial. I could just call and go straight to his desk and ask him questions, or email the support team anytime without bugging them.

Cons

Unfortunately 2 things & 1 of those 2 was the ultimate deal breaker as we did have them up & running until coming to this sad problem. The first thing was, their app couldn't notify the employees when a client gets checked in. What I mean by that is similar to a text message, if our nurse practitioner is with a patient & her next pt arrives, said pt is now checked in, app will notify FNP & whatever ringer she has it on- will ring, in which case it should vibrate. Their app is not able to do that, but you know what it's not a big deal. We were spoiled for many yrs with that feature & we will learn to get over that moving fwd. The one that broke my heart was not being able to break down services in the reports by groups for a month & by the day by detail. We have staff meetings & we initially use the breakdown to go over what we have done for the entire month. Also, we use the detailed practical breakdown for revenue & cost. For instance, a Group: >Aesthetics- under that would be >facials- under that would be type of facials for that month. So say 1. basic facials: we did X amount of those for X amount of $$ 2. hydrafacials: we did X amount of those for X amount of $$. So now we take that breakdown & see what cost goes to payroll, what cost goes to profit, & what cost goes towards product. They cannot provide that report in such high detail right now, unfortunately. We had to cancel with them for now.

Donna from Citrus Med Spa & Acne Clinic

The Only Software With Such A Comprehensive Dashboard

We only used it for short time before we shut down for Covid 19. The overall experience was very positive and it did not take long to teach my staff how to use it. We have a weekly goal for our productivity and seeing it in front of us gives us a push.

Pros

I decided to try this software for our med spa. The interface is visually appealing and easy to use. A feature that I did not know it had when I trialed it and was really happy about, is the revenue projections. I love seeing week to week what our projections are and what % booking we have.

Cons

Most of my issues are user related, but I struggle to clearly see what my employee's commissions are. Payroll is taking me longer than I want to just find the information. I called for help and they were wonderful and talked me through it. But I forgot by the next time I had to do payroll. I also wish I could upload pdf files to the clients chart to store the electronic intake form that we send out ahead.

Reasons for Choosing Orchid Spa Salon

visual layouts, scheduling website, customization, reports, photo storage

Kristin from Hello Laser LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

We love Orchid but it is missing some features

Good, I would like to see faster development of new and useful features, maybe an email sent out when and update is made to list the changes or new features in that update.

Pros

We love how Orchid lets us customize just about everything! The booking and check out process is very easy and the whole program is easy for new staff to learn.

Cons

That it is not web-based and not set up from multiple locations to share the same client, staff and services database, you have to re-enter clients, staff and services for every single location's database. And that the email and text features are very limited in communicating via 2-way text or having more appointment reminder text options as well as email marketing... would be great to have a leads database where if people fill out their info on our site that the data is captured into orchid as a lead and when they come in for service they turn into a client. Marketing to leads vs clients would be a nice feature. Also would love a add holidays we are closed to the scheduling feature so when doing recurring schedules for Staff they are not scheduled on holidays automatically.

Dan from Medology360

Initial review

Pros

rich functionalities for the Med Spa practice

Cons

the desktop UI. The unreliable connection between the server and other desktop users.

Valerie from MD Aesthetics

Industry: Cosmetics

If you are not using this software, you are missing out

Customer service is awesome. I only wished they had integrated credit card system for Canada.

Pros

Cons

It's starting to get really expensive. Every time they add a new module, they up charge. So it is adding up.

Kim from Imaginex

Orchid Medical Software review

3 out of 5

Pros

easy to use, scheduling tool is nice and easy

Cons

reports are basic and do not allow you to really drill down into basics of your customer procedures. It's also difficult to gain insight into your top selling services and matching customer data. Another example is if you want to call customers who are due for a procedure it's very complicated to get that information

Jessica from Trouvaille

This is such an upgrade from our previous software!

Integration and mobility

Pros

Our previous software did not integrate well with anything, which created a nightmare of additional services. In addition, it wasn't mobile. I love that Orchid is mobile, real time and intergates with everything we ned.

Cons

I would love it if it had move of a stream line to do before and after photos and if it came with consents.

December 2015

Janiece from James Harris, MD/Hair Sciences Center

December 2015

Huge amount of issues with the marketing program

I spoke with Pat S today to help with a huge marketing issue and he has been the first and only person that has been able to walk me completely through what some of the issues could have been. I'm still very concerned about how the marketing process will work properly tomorrow. The marketing program is not the most friendliest to work with. Huge Thank you to Pat for his help. It would be helpful to be able to speak with the same person on one issue each time so that they are familiar with the issue as well.

Pamela from Google

September 2016

Arshia from Dermafashion Medical Spa

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

September 2016

Amazing service!

The reps were very professional and helped me with my problem. It was obvious they weren't forced to follow a script which allowed them to better help me with my problem. They both always had suggestions for me to help me fix my problem, but I also never felt as if I was being talked down to which is a problem I noticed on a lot of other live chat services. Overall this has been the best customer support experience I have had in a while.

Pros

Easy to use live chat system with VERY competent reps.

Cons

System timed out too fast so I wasn't able to stay with the same rep (which is a non-problem since everyone is professional and it seems the prior chat logs are visible).

Taylor from TOC Medical Spa

A+ Customer Service

Easy to use software with great customer support when needed. We've had Orchid for over 2 years, and we've been extremely pleased.

Pros

The customer support when needed is always fantastic. Software is extremely user friendly.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with many other types of software (like loyalty programs).

Great value for the price

We use Orchid in the medical spa that I work at on the daily for scheduling clients, sending reminder texts and managing our customer database. I love the integration of the reminder texts being sent out through the software. Taking payments through Orchid is also a smooth process.

Pros

There are so many user-friendly features that make this software the standard for medical spas.

Cons

Updates bring advanced features that sometimes requre new training.

Rosalina from Dermis Advanced Skin Care

Amazing, Spectacular and very helpful

Pros

We have been using Orchid for almost 11 years and have found it to be very easy to use. Plus I have had some amazing help by our rep. He truly has been a delight to work with.

Rana from Luma Laser and Medspa

Lost 5 years of work because of this software!!

Support is somewhat easy to get to but they ALWAYS have some kind of issue!!! Way too expensive for what they offer!!

Pros

Support people were friendly and "tried" to do their best.

Cons

Response from DaySmart Software

Replied April 2019

In reviewing your Support calls, I see that on March 12, you experienced a power surge which disabled your server computer. Obviously, the data becomes inaccessible when the computer will not boot. You were not making backups on an external system, as we advised. We suggested you take the PC to a local tech and they were able to recover the data on March 20. I can understand that you're upset, but we spent hours on the phone with you during these events. Protecting your hardware against power surges and making regular backups of critical business data to an external drive or the cloud is the responsibility of every business. It's unclear how either of these things is the fault of the company that made the business software.

December 2013

Lee from Corbett Cosmetic Aesthetic Surgery and Med-Spa

December 2013

Remote access to clinical info is not possible.

I am a Plastic Surgeon and I moved my office 4-1-2013 to a larger space and added a new Med Sap. I purchased this software for my Medi-Spa. I run my surgical side on Nextech but bought this software as Nextech's spa module is expensive (~$7,000) It was advertised and we were told by the sales person that we could use i Pads from the treatment rooms to access the software. Well, you can, but you can only retrieve the patient demographics. The clinical notes from past appointments/treatments are not accessible. When we called for tech support we were told access to the clinical data was not possible and that they didn't know when that feature would be available but that "it might happen sometime". Great, that helped a lot. This was the first we had heard of this. Thus, if you have a paperless office/spa, you will have to put a desktop or laptop in every treatment room and pay for a license for each of these additional computers or the software is useless. In my case that was an additional $5000 for 6 computers. To make matters worse, we ordered this software in March 2013 as we were opening our med spa in June. The sales person insisted we order asap when we contacted him because we were told it took 6-8 weeks to for delivery. So, we ordered and magically we had the software in 3 days. I opened the spa in June and ran Groupons and Living Social deals in July to get things going. As we got traffic in the spa we quickly realized we couldn't access the clinical data. After we discovered this problem we called the company for a return and refund. We were told that since it was more than 30 days after the purchase date a return/refund was not allowed. I explained that I hadn't even purchased the i Pad's until June and hadn't really even used the program until July and his response was effectively "too bad". The owner of the company told me to sell it on e Bay. Nice. The program is effectively a $3500 scheduler. A complete waste of money. Learn from our misfortune.

Scherazade from New Radiance Cosmetic Center

Needs major updating to be current with todays uses

Unfortunately, quite often my staff knows the software better than there customer service people. Its outdated and there are many other softwares that are better. Because of the interface, it is difficult to switch which is why it has taken so long.

Pros

Easy to use scheduling for a small company

Cons

After 8 years of not having small tweaks addressed in their updates, we have been left no choice but to seek different software. Major updates arn't sent in advance with explanation of changes. Changes haven't even been beneficial from what we can tell.

Karla from Complexions Skincare / Medspa

Highly recommend

We looked at MANY software options for our medspa, and even tried out several. We feel very confident in our choice of Orchid. The software is pretty intuitive and not overly complex as some of the others we looked at on the market. It is easily customizable once you learn the system, and we love the mobile interface. I wish it were truly an all-in-one for us, but we had to add Quickbooks, which is a little complicated. Having said all of this, you will not find better customer service in the industry. Their team is always available (if you must leave a message it is promptly returned), helpful and friendly. There really is no 'dumb' question for their team, and they go the extra step to take the time to offer tips to help you fully utilize everything this powerful software program has to offer. We are VERY happy we chose Orchid and always recommend it to others!

Meagan from Skin Secrets Medical Spa

We are not impressed

We have had Orchid support staff tell us three or four different stories on how to adequately refund clients when they are overcharged. that is just one example of this non-user friendly software. We are looking elsewhere. I can't believe its rated so high here...

Pros

We aren't impressed

Cons

Poor package creation, poor customer service, difficult to track deals and previously purchased packages, poor refund ability.

richard from ageless bella NY Medi Spa

Orchid makes it easy so that anyone can manage the front end of my spa

We had actually purchased another software package orginally. The constantly bombarded us with phone calls and we had to have certain internet and modem requirements and the worse part is they had 3 mandatory training for staff and set up. Annoying! I have no time for this, software is supposed to be simple and work. A friend who worked at another spa recommended orchid software and it was super easy, affordable and anyone with zero training on it can answer the phone and make appointments and work the pos portion of the retail business. Very nice customer support and follow up. They make it very easy to get questions asked and genuinely care about their customers and ease of use. Thank you R. Coleman

August 2015

Jessica from Beautiful Faces

August 2015

Why we love Orchid Medical Software

We have worked with Orchid Medical Software for over 5 years now. I can say, having been in the industry for over 12 years, that this is the BEST software company I have worked with. The program is user friendly, and has worked synergistically with our practice's continued growth. Getting through to customer service is always easy, and Ryan is the best! He is a great listener and consistently makes recommendations that continually work with our practice's immediate needs. I always cross my fingers that I get Ryan when I call in!

Jeanna from Chenal Valley Medical Aesthetics

July 2015

new medial aesthetic office opened a few months ago

All of the customer service reps I have delt with since initiating this software have been very helpful. Today David was most helpful in uploading Orchid to an additional office laptop and ensured all was functioning properly along with having a very pleasing manner. It was a pleasure having him assist me today!

Mary from Lilly Cosmetic

No hassle scheduling!

It took a little getting used to for me, as I am used to 'just pencil me in' but this software has made the scheduling aspect of our company so much easier! And the customer service is wonderful! They are always willing to help and take the time to explain things in a way that even I can understand!

Rosa from Laser and Aesthetic Center of the Permian

April 2015

Orchid is an awesome product.

We just started using Orchid and we absolutely love it. Tech support is very helpful. The program is very user friendly. Anything you need to know is just a phone call away. The only reason I gave 4 stars on customer service is because of the long hold times. Otherwise it's GREAT!

Lee-Ann from LaZer M. E.

Orchid - a five star spa program

Orchid is a must for any spa business. It is easy to use, understand and keeps the esthetician and the spa organized and efficient. The technical support was excellent!

maha from Aesthetics International Spa

Awesome and easy application

Very Easy and helpful, very care and nice costumer support. Fast software and great quality. reminder for clients with text messages is great options.

Cherie from Advantage Beauty and Health

April 2015

This software has so much capability and we are constantly learning!

I like how responsive the technical support people are. They have walked me through step by step to help resolve any questions that I have. Thank you

August 2014

Ivy from LPS

August 2014

Do not buy this software.

Purchased this software. The training was not adequate. The software was inferior. When I asked for a refund, the customer service person was rude and suggested the software had to be returned within 30 days of purchasing for a refund however, the sales person advised me to buy it 90 days prior to opening the business. The company basically took the money and ran. I advise you to do your research and proceed with caution with this company/software.

Stacey from Wheeler & Rogers Medical Spa

June 2015

Orchid software has helped manage the medical spa I work at.

Since getting Orchid at my work, it has made managing our clients so much easier. I would recommend this software to anyone!

Nate from Spa Owner

Great Customer Service

The produce sold itself. The customer service made this deal even better. Thanks for the great product and amazing staff.

M from Medspa Advisor

amazing and easy

The best medical spa software available. Easy to use, fantastic customer service and extremely versatile.

Dustin from Aqua Medical Spa

Great scheduling program!

Great simple scheduling tool to track my client information and notes! Highly recommend it!

Irene from Studio 120 salon

Great software!

It is very easy to use and it helps keep the business efficient and organized

Janine from Nature's Balance Acupuncture & Wellness Center

Customer support is great!

Pros

The fact that I can do so many things with the software is great. The functionality is very robust!

Cons

There are some things that I can't do so I will need to figure out how to make what you have work with what I need.

Andrew from Health USA

June 2015

One stop shop for everything

You will not be disappointed with this software.

Steve from Randolph AFB/Aircraft Maintenance Division

very manageable

Easy to navigate and great system.

Molly from Grow & Glow Med Spa

June 2015

Helps organize and maintain order

February 2016

Doris from Vita Nova Medical Spa

February 2016

It was great

The support staff was very helpful and very patient with me... Sense I didn't know what I was doing.. I am grateful... Thank you