• Pros

• "It is easy to use and easy to learn and has a lot of features"

• "Very user friendly and easy to use would definitely recommend."

• "I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too! "

• Cons

• "Because it's geared towards shops and cafes, sometimes it doesn't do or have exactly the feature I want, but it's pretty easy to figure out how to make it work."

• "There a few functions that I wish it had but all in all it fits my business well"

• "bugs take awhile to address and remedy once reported. "

Browse NCR Silver Reviews

iPad POS that includes marketing tools!

Pros

Having email templates included was huge for us. Customer data integrates with emails, allowing us to segment our customers and send personalized deals.

Cons

Email templates are not as attractive as something like MailChimp, so a working knowledge of html coding can help make them more appealing

Wendy from PYRAMIDS INC

NCR Silver meets our multi store needs

Pros

This cloud based system met the majority of our needs when I began searching for a new POS system when our retail store was adding a second location. I was looking for a system that could be accessed remotely, share information between the locations and could grow as our store grows. The 24/7 Customer Service is reliable and accessible. Most times, a single phone call is all it takes to resolve a problem.

Cons

The biggest drawback was discovered shortly after we began installation. We were told during the sales pitch that our system of alpha numeric sku numbers would easily transfer to NCR silver. The use of the bar code scanners and ticketing system would be simple process. This was not the case. We have to manually key in the alpha numeric sku numbers which is much more time consuming the scanning. Four years later, we have of course adapted.

Reasons for Choosing NCR Silver

Cloud based technology. NCR's level of customer support was superior.

Kelley from The Emporium Gift Shop & Li'l Willie's Ice Cream, Sweet Treats and Takery

Payment reporting inhancement

Our overall experience with Silver has been great. We have recommended this product to several colleagues.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and set-up. There are a lot of helpful reports you can run. I like that you can view your business activity remotely from your smart phone.

Cons

When there is a problem it is sometimes difficult for customer support to fix the problem until the next update. This is frustrating because you are left to wait up to three months or more.

Reasons for Choosing NCR Silver

We like the functionality of the software but wish there was a report that showed the breakdown of payment types by product. For example the t-shirt category would show how much was sold in cash vs. credit card. We have a business that has more that one income stream and it is nice to be able to track this.

Easy to use software!

It makes placing orders for customers so easy because everything is right in front of you on the screen. We are able to take multiple orders at once with this software.

Pros

I like that it's so easy to navigate through the different pages and areas of the software. Everything so self explanatory on the different pages that training someone on it is a breeze!

Cons

I dont like that the software freezes up multiple times a week. When it acts up on one tablet, its messed up on all of them. That can be very inconvenient at times.

Lindsey from Bricks & Minifigs Littleton

Some very good pros, and some pretty frustrating cons

Overall I would still use this system even if we weren't required to by the franchise. Partly because I wouldn't want to have to deal with switching over to a new system, but also because every system has its own issues and I don't think there are any other solutions out there that are better than this, at least in the price range of a small business. I believe NCR is working to fix the issues, at least, and I like the feel of the system. I would appreciate a little more transparency about issues that could affect reporting of sales data or processing of credit card transactions.

Pros

The software is easy to use and relatively intuitive; new employees pick up the POS system quickly. The developers have been gradually adding desired functions that have been great improvements, and I imagine they will continue to do so. While some of the other stores in our franchise have complained about not being able to reach customer support in a timely manner, I myself have always been able to get through to them quickly and they are always helpful in working through issues.

Cons

When the software has an issue, it tends to not be a small one. Also, it seems like NCR will work on fixing the issue but not let everyone know that there WAS an issue, even when it may affect your reporting of sales. For example, there have been software glitches where the over/short number for the registers was not getting recorded by NCR. We only discovered this because another store in our franchise figured it out and reported it. I never saw any communication from NCR letting people know about it, the issue was just resolved quietly a while later. Plus, almost every time there is an update, there are usually major issues with functionality for about the next week that can affect the ability to process transactions. The software/hardware interface has some issues as well.

Mario from Giorgino's

NCR Silver review

This is our first POS and it has given us more access and flexibility.

Pros

Stable performance, easy to use interface, good quality stand, printers and drawers.

Cons

We should have access to the programming staff, either directly or via a liaison. There are many small changes that would greatly enhance our experience.

Reasons for Choosing NCR Silver

Seemed like a better product overall.

Aaron from The LuterCo, Inc

No Inventory Functionality

POS, tracking of sales, cash reconciliation, and time clock. Would love an inventory feature for retailers.

Pros

Transactions, and reporting, are very easy to use. Reporting is excellent.

Cons

There is zero inventory functionality. You can add inventory, but as a retailer I need to be able to track my inventory to monitor when, and what, I need to order. Silver does not offer such a feature. This is a common complaint amongst other retailers that use Silver that I frequent with my personal business.

Taylor from Adventurer's Coffee Co.

NCR Silver is a shoo-in for the Gold

Wonderful customer service, simple set up, easy to customize functions, menus and items.

Pros

Super, super simple and easy to use software with plenty of tangible options for setting up menus, options, and variables.

Cons

Currently there is no support for chips on credit cards; a very simple issue that is not a deal breaker in any way.

Reasons for Choosing NCR Silver

Ultimately, ease of customization, back office, and lower credit processing fees.

Steve from Food and Beverages

Not good

terrible

Pros

Not much, the system is not made for a restaurants

Cons

Reports, can not even report overtime for two week period.

Because we used Aloha

Moret from Sunrise Cafe & Bakery

Not Conducive for restaurant

Not pleased with the system. Looking into other companies with better ratings. Hopefully will have a better outcome.

Pros

compact size, and for the most part it's ease of use

Cons

Constant glitches and malfunctions. I have had numerous tickets submitted with ncr customer care in teh 6 months of us using this software. Not efficient/reliable for our small cafe.

Veeka from Ray Haluch, Inc.

NCR Silver

Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Pros

We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Cons

We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Gil from 394 Holding c

Industry: Restaurants

Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service

This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.

Pros

POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Cons

This is a multi-use system. As a restaurant, we had to get used to some features that are more for general retail, although it does contain things like table assignment and so forth.

Lynn from Arches Footcare

Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me

Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Cons

In the last year or two they switched the call center to India. Since I have been using NCRSilver since 2015 I can solve most of my own questions, but when something comes up and I have to call in it is not a simple question anymore, and the employees that are now contracted to solve these issues know less about the system then I do. They seem to be reading from a script. While they are very nice it is frustrating because they cannot answer the question and it has to be put in queue and they have to get back to me. Seems like when that happens the person getting back to me just tells me what I already know. It's useless. I am going to be looking for a new software for my POS system.

Chris from BrewHound

More than a cash register!

Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business.

Pros

The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Cons

I'd like to be able to add devices without additional fees. I guess I don't understand why having a second device changes anything with regard to the costs incurred. I had a copy of the app on my phone purely as a backup in case something happened to my tablet but realized it was costing me every month for something that I wasn't using. When wifi is having problems, I wish there would be a way to cache those transactions offline for processing when wifi is connected again. As it stands, I end up using the old carbon copy forms to take and impression and running the transaction later.

Jerry from Woodshed Gifts

Solid software but not as versatile as hoped

The POS system, like others, allows me to track business flow when not in the store.

Pros

NCR's back office is easily navigated. It is feature rich in many areas, excelling in variations. The modifier portion of the software is decent, but could use some work so that it could be used as a single add on for several items as well as modified price times quantity.

Cons

Can not customize the customer information that you wish to have at a glance. Can not set up tax exempt customers for automatic tax exemption. Can not readily link inventory to my existing website. Can not set up scannable customer ID cards readily. Can not see inventory at a glance for quick inventory checks on items. Will not print directly to Dymo Labeler for price tags from back office as Square will when receiving inventory. Can not set up coupon codes for printable coupons, must set up an offer to apply to everyone. Sales team said these were all included in the purchase, but were not. Expensive software, overall less feature rich than Square but 33% higher per month.

Reasons for Choosing NCR Silver

Seemed to have every feature I was looking for, according to the sales rep. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Ryan from Great Harvest Bread Co of Great Falls

Feedback

Great customer service when I call. Very responsive and efficient. Wished they would contact us on the front end when an update creates issues, not after we have the problem.

Pros

The ease of use on the front end. Easy to pull data and information from historic sales.

Cons

Issues with security aren't addressed until they are a problem and have credit cards kicked back after assuming they were good. Changed security settings on IPads and issues were resolved, but we had to reach out instead of being contacted first. There needs to be an accounts receivable. We use a backdoor and do payouts with notes to even the drawer. A fourth category would make this easier.

Kari from Sweet Girlz Bakery

Industry: Restaurants

Great for bakery and cafe business!

I overall love this system and I think it has really helped me realize what sells and what doesn't as well as helps me gauge what hours are busier than others.

Pros

We love the functionality of making this product your own, it is customizable and very user friendly!

Cons

Very little things I don't like! I would like to be able to use this offsite while still using it instore as I do a lot of festivals and events, and I can only use it on one ipad per my subscription.

michael from Patas De Perro LLC

Problematic

Completely mixed bag, usually negative. I especially disliked the phone call I received from NCR EMV development lead when I complained about th EMV pad being defective junk last year. The call was very rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Cloud based POS with automated email receipts that also sends out automated coupons for marketing. Remote inventory management for adding new SKUs and UPCs.

Cons

1) Not truely EMV compliant. Most annoying was the ancillary peripheral chip scanner looked cheap, was not always on, turned itself off every 30 mins. Fundamentally the EMV pad was defective and not fully functional or compatible with the NCR POS.. We removed it from the terminal and were forced to do swipe only. 2) NO CONTACTLESS PAYMENT FEATURES! 3) Updating VAR sheet for NCR terminal after worldpay vantiv merger was HELL. I imagine transfering to another processor would be the same terrible experience.

Denise from Brush It Off

Stress releaf

I have told, shown and recommend your system to many small business owners but they tend to go with other systems due to cost, they love the look on my bar with my 2 ipads on their stands, one for NCR Cimplebox calendar check ins and the other for NCR Silver POS studio sales.

Pros

Ease of teaching my employees, Ease of getting my reports, Ease of looking up so many things like cancelled tickets(times of cancellations would help), helps me keep track on employees.

Cons

Not seeing the integration of my online calendar system, thought their might be a discount for the calendar. Control of emails is a "0" - no means to click on several at a time to delete as I uploaded 6,000+ only to find out I could only use 2500 at a time, not I need to upload them all again in groups. But then if I have duplicates there is no easy way to tell and I do not want to bother my customers with duplicate emails. I also have no idea if my (Cimplebox) calendar emails are automatically going over to the Silver.

Lori from The Oilerie Sun Prairie

NCR Silver for Retail

I used to like it more. Now, I think other POS software out there has far surpassed NCR Silver's capabilities.

Pros

It is very easy to learn and use. It uses the iPad's built-in GUI well.

Cons

Bulk email is capped at 2500 users. Wish I had known that before starting to use the software. There is an ongoing issue with email logging. I have reported it numerous times. They are supposed to be working on it but no one can get me information about it. It's about 6 months in with this issue and still nothing. The credit card reader has been replaced twice so far and has issues not working. The connection on the credit card reader makes charging difficult after months of use bc the connection gets worn (iPad flipped back and forth for users to sign.) It's a hardware issue that's certain to cause problems for the life of the design. Inventory management features are very limited.

Andrea from Scottsboro Tackle Company

Limitations in reporting and discounts

I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Pros

I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Cons

There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period. With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Corie from Ike & Jane

Industry: Restaurants

This has really changed the way I do business

I have been so impressed. I have a lot of friends with restaurants, and I'm constantly singing NCR's praises. The fact that people use other ipad based registers makes no sense to me. This one literally pays for itself. in the amount I save by being able to use my own credit card processor.

Pros

I have really enjoyed not only seeing my daily sales broken down with time accounted for within the system, but also just having the sheer scope of information that this unit provides. It's simple to use and implement, it's intuitive, and any time I have questions I simply open a chat browser from the back menu and I have been able to solve all of my problems within minutes.

Cons

I wish there was more I could do with employee tracking, but I think that's available in the next tier of monthly payments.

Jessica from Mililani Town Association

Satisfied

Overall, I feel like you get a lot for your money and the ease of training new staff on the POS is greatly appreciated. The back office reports are great and help me keep track of sales and trends.

Pros

I like that it's super easy to train new hires on the POS and as I a manager I love that I can access so much information in the back office so long as I have access to a computer/laptop.

Cons

There are just a few things that I wish we could change, but a lot of the software updates eventually address a lot of them. Like any software out there, there are glitches that happen but they're minor so it's not a deal breaker. Customer service is a hit or miss. Most times friendly, but a lot of times it just gets sent to a different department because they can't figure it out, which takes time and follow ups.

Tom from Natures Mulch

NCR Silver Review

Pros

The system generally is up most of time.

Cons

It removed a lot of our stored hold tickets - thus, loosing info on contractors and the amount of purchases they had pending to pay We had been in touch MULTIPLE times with NCR and level 1, 2 & 3 Guy named representative and many others NO ONE EVER EVER GOT BACK TO US _ what the problem is/was / what info they recovered/ why that it lost our stored info etc. OR WAS THE ISSUE EVER RESOLVED ? This has been many, many months we have been trying to work thru this. It has cost us $ and customers. NCR Silver does not seem to care !! We have talked to many different support members and get the same general run around. Very Very discouraging, would not recommend product to any one.

Chad from Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican loves NCR

Easy to work with thru problems.

Pros

Easy to install, update and use. They answer all calls promptly and fix any issues that might occur quickly!

Cons

No issues , we are pleased with the system and products.

Todd from Scrub-A-Pup, Inc.

Great user friendly software

Overall NCR has been great for our business. As I mentioned above there are just a few things I wish could be added and or corrected.

Pros

Ease of use. Programming is simple with back office. POS is very user friendly.

Cons

Certain features need to be added to accommodate other businesses like salons. Tip feature needs to allow you to code the tip to specific employees for one example. Needs feature to not allow cashiers to look in recall history at other employees tips. This has been an issue for us. Would be nice if under customer info you can add multiple contact numbers like cell and home. We are in the pet industry and it would also be nice to have a customizable customer tab, so we can add pet name and breed or pets DOB etc. under customer tab. Certain glitches I reported keep repeating. Tech support needs better resolution and faster respond time.

John from Della Amore LLC DBA Bargain Basement

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction. When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone. After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me. This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Pros

We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Cons

When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

Response from NCR Silver

Replied April 2017

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us. As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service. As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience. We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

Chris from SUMMIT Computer & Technologies, LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Still the "GOTO" program for my business....

Pros

NCR Silver has been a great program for my business as its reliability is incredible- I don't think NCR has ever been down in the years I have been using it. The user interface is very intuitive and even when off-line (ISP down), once it connects up it re-sync's with their main system and all is well. We highly recommend it to all who ask who we use.

Cons

Honestly, the issues that it has, in my opinion, I have submitted general inquiries and they have actually corrected them in a format that helps all connected- haven't found any issues that I dislike enough to warrant a "dislike".

Terri from Emerald Elite CBD

Great product Horrible customer sevice

I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE! Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!

Pros

It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Cons

Customer service is horrible. You cant get help and support knows very litle about the product it is like they have never even touch it and are just reading out of a manual

Steve from Broad St Bakery & Cafe

Pros and cons about NCR Silver

Overall a very good system, as an owner of the business it has made life easier

Pros

Easily programmable, I have a restaurant and getting the program running and keeping it up to date is very easy. Time clock feature is easy for payroll. Having a report for payroll is very important for accounting. The ability to go into back room and change item prices on the fly or add new specials instantly

Cons

The only problem Ive had is the time frame for employees to either ring in a customer or the logging out for employees so they dont overlap each other. The time it takes to log in with machine number and then employee number when its very busy takes those extra seconds that customers always notice.

Kathy from The Swim Tree, LLC

NCR

The system and software itself is good. It does what I need it to do and it does it efficiently and easily. Their customer service, however, is not always so good.

Pros

The software is easy to use for both employer (inputting information, printing reports, etc.) and employee (operating daily transactions).

Cons

The system only keeps transaction data for 13 months. While it is easy to understand that not keeping a lot of information will help the system run more efficiently, there are times when it would be an asset to be able to pull a customer's previous sale no matter how long ago it was.

Jara from OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt

NCR Silver with Scale Use

My overally experience has improved once we got the right equipment for our store. I can always reach a customer service rep when needed. I think that the price for the equipment and monthly service is fair.

Pros

It is very easy to use the menu at the POS. The back office is very user friendly as well and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.

Cons

The problems we have had with this software are mostly with the scale integration. The software does not fully support all the scale features we would like so we have had to work around those things. We had issues with the small scale and NCR Silver Quick Service. However, once we switched to NCR Silver Restaurant Pro and the GRS-60 scale we have had much more success.

Elise from Popcorn Bistro

NCR Silver Review

Pros

What I like most about this software is the fact that it met all our needs for our small business. We offer a large number of products and the software is able to accommodate the number of products and gives us the capability of customizing our sales with discounts and other promotions. Customer service is prompt and accurate.

Cons

Inputting the large number of items and all the variables can be time consuming.

Theresa from Noty Kity LLC

NCR Silver is Awesome!

Pros

The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Cons

I wish the software had more options for management on the POS screen versus always having to go to the back office part.

Leigh from Calders Coffee Cafe

No Longer Flying Blind

I now have information on sales and inventory movement. This is helping me with staffing and supply chain management.

Pros

The software is so intuitive and user-friendly that my staff had no adoption issues. They were productive in minutes. I found it very easy to set up, and I love the back office functionality.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. And I used to implement software for a Fortune 20 company.

Neryk from Jack and Sons Barber Shop

NCR Silver for Jack and Sons Barber Shop

Not bad. Would love to have someone come out and fix the issues we are having.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and great back office helps keep up with inventory and sales.

Cons

System crashes sometimes and usually when we are busy so we have to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves and sometimes call customer service but hold for long time before ever getting help.. still have issues that need to be corrected with Quantum unit.

Shamus from Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Roadhouse Review

It used to be awesome, but we are experiencing lots of errors with our credit card processing lately. After contacting customer service, we have received ZERO follow ups.

Pros

Ease of use. It is fairly easy to navigate through all of the back office items.

Cons

Inability to delete a variation after you have added it to an item. This is only a problem when you are trying to delete the only remaining variation from an item.

Jonna from Scrubs 911

NCR Fan

Pros

The ease of this software is great. You get a concierge to help you get started and then 24/7 customer service to answer any questions. The software is user friendly and simple to train new staff members.

Cons

The back office takes awhile to update sales information. I can run a sale and it will take several minutes for the back office to show the sale.

Kristi from Goat Island Bottle Shop

Unresolved issues and expensive

It is handy with reachingnour customers and very user friendly for our staff. We have a really hard time with our retail product growing and needing a barcode scanner but we dont want to pay NCR more money when we have other issues with them that are not being resolved. It is also expensive. Some other businesses like ours use square and have no issues and have no monthly cost for the service, just merchant fees, which we also have in addition to our fees with NCR.

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy to retain customer contact info.

Cons

Weve had quite a few unresolved and recurring issues with our credit card processing.

Roger from KFS, Inc.

Reports

Pros

Straight forward use. Reliable log in...

Cons

We still have difficult time changing prices, etc in bulk. Since it takes too long to reflash when changing prices individually, we would've like to have the excel upload changes.. I know the feature is there but it seems like it only works some times.... Need better more detailed sales/inventory-performance reports.

Matt from Dallas Beer Kitchen

Industry: Restaurants

NCR Silver is here to stay

We love it. Irreplaceable to our business.

Pros

We love the reporting features and the robust nature of the Application. The setup is super easy and we loved how soon all the wait staff learnt the new system

Cons

Working with Tier 1 support after hours can be challenging. Being in cloud technology the glitches that occur are not always easily resolved by support staff.

Nick from Nicks Plate

NCR Silver Review

We had a terrible experience setting up the system. Its over the phone instead of having someone come out to use to help set it up. Since weve had it up and running I have been pleased with what the system can do

Pros

Its very user friendly, iPads are portable, easy to categorize items, ease of customer payment.

Cons

Customer database. It isnt easy to send emails to customers with the marketing tool. There is no course break. When I enter multiple courses the system does not have a button for a line break. For example if there is a soup on course one and a soup for course two the soups show up as two soups for the same course. Sometimes the system has a delay with payment and when the ticket is entered.

Jeannette from Marble Slab Creamery 988

It's okay

Staff is very friendly and as helpful as they an be but limitations to what they an handle before handing the issue off to another department can be an issue with proper completion. Follow through can be lacking, slow or non existent. Also ridiculous refusal of refund if return is received outside of 30 days. If you receive it on 60 days, you still have it. Still same peice of equipment. A policy to scam your customers.

Pros

Pretty simple, direct on functionality

Cons

Some limitations in reporting and the type of visibility to historical data

Alfred from Restaurants

Over Promise and under deliver

Concierge service is highly touted but the Implementation process is poorly planned and communicated to the merchant. So it is a high risk process that demand a lot from the merchant to implement successfully. Having an experienced re-seller to support the delivery, set up and go live is critical. Even after raising the

Pros

Good Basic dashboards and reports Remote Access to data and menus is a great feature Ability to download POS transactions to Excel is great for analysis (some fields missing from downloads)

Cons

Non- EMV compliant CC processing Does not Calculate Overtime non existent transaction audit tools to trace when items were rung up or voided to help prevent fraudulent voids. Does not have any inventory control capability to track usage and on hand Limited Reporting capability, no add-hock reporting An Excel savvy person can make good use of downloads and Power Pivot to do own analysis and reports Re sellers over sell POS system with out the proper disclosure of Functionality, Pricing, Required specifications or implementation and after sales support.

Stephanie from South Bay Coffee Company

...

Cons

On the POS side we really would like to see the the qty of tips adjusted and paid out before finalizing. Also if the total cash and left in drawer was printed on the receipt would be super helpful instead of only being able to pull it from back house. It would answer a lot of questions quickly without research

Stacie from Canna Best Dr. LLC

Great Stuff!

The initial sales rep was wonderful but misleading, the concierge service is great- once you get to someone & the reasons I chose this system are still working out because I'm not a tech or programmer. I'm working through it slowly & painfully, in hopes that once I have this setup, everything will be wonderful! The Silver system itself is great & I look forward to using it to grow my business tremendously.

Pros

The back office reporting options are great. I can review, track & adjust orders. I also like the options with accounting & tax paperwork. I can see as I add more info, this software will work even better for my company.

Cons

It was NOT easy getting all the info for the item entry for my register (POS). There was a bunch that is in the wrong place, so now I have to go in, item by item, and enter &/or fix. I was hoping by signing up, I'd have a bit more accomplished to this end. Also, I haven't been able to use my Ipad for anything else. My husband had to 'rig' the frame for me so I can remove my Ipad to use when it's not in use for the store.

Jerald from Garland and George, Purveyors of Quality Aniques

NCR Silver for a Retail Business

None

Pros

I like some of the reports but it is lacking in the ability to function for Retail

Cons

The functionality for a Retail business The software is developed with the food service industry as the target. I am looking at my options to engage different software.

Roy from Crow Vineyard & Winery LLC

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Crow Review

Other than the reports, the experience is frustrating as I know the information should be there but is not available and techs are frustrated as well.

Pros

I like the reports that are available for day to day tracking of sales

Cons

Difficult to track inventory, no history of inventory inputs or how to see daily sales coming off of inventory. Inventory is far from correct at end of month.

Kirby from Saucony Creek Brewing Co

Industry: Restaurants

Works well for most needs

Pros

The software is fairly easy to setup. It uses iPads so you are not locked in to proprietary and expensive point of sale terminals.

Cons

The reporting and export functions leave a lot to be desired. All the basics are there, but there is no mid to advanced report sorting, filtering, custom querying, etc.

Veronica from Peterbrooke Chocolatiers

Buyer Beware

Pros

ease of learning the product, which is good because there is no real good instructions and the tech support can't seem to point you in the right direction. The internet search is you best bet and even then you don't get the real technical side, just how to use the features.

Cons

Unstable, we had so many issues with the product going down at least every other week and the support is so difficult that it literally would take hours to get it back up. One time it took 2 weeks due to the errors from technical support. You ask them a simple question and they put you on hold for 20 min. to get the answer.