OpenTable

OpenTable Reviews

RATING:

• icon"OpenTable offers great customization options for searching through different restaurants. You have the ability to search by neighborhood, occasion and price."
  • icon"Easy to use, love the restaurant suggestions and what’s available now options. Points are great too that can be redeem for gift certificates/cash."
  • icon"Finding a new restaurant and earning points for eating at some of my favorites... what's not to love. Being able to make, modify or cancel reservations without having to call is the best."
  • icon"The only downside to OpenTable is that not every restaurant is a member so you cannot make reservations all in one place nor see all available restaurants to choose from."
  • icon"The program will sometimes glitch and go offline."
  • icon"Never once have I had a problem with this app in booking or reserving a table at a restaurant."

All OpenTable Reviews

1-25 of 1,074 Reviews

Emtiaz

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

June 2022

There is Always a Table with OpenTable!

paulina

Quick reservation with no need to call

Easy and convenient. Painless way to make a quick restaurant reservations without being put on hold or talking to a person. Can view manu and everything there is to know about restaurant I'm looking at online.

Pros

I have been using open table on both sides. I use it to make my personal restaurant reservations and I use it at the restaurant I work for as a server. I love that when I view restaurants and want to make a reservation about 70% of total restaurants have open table. Its quick and painless way to make a reservation without being put on hold by a hostess..sometimes for very very long time. It give you chose of time and you can read all about the place you looking at. It shows you :hours, Entertainment, menu, you see photos that costumers posted, you see map of location, even who the chef is. Making reservation takes less then 10 seconds!!!! Fast and confident. As a worker it's very easy to operate system. Brainless I would say. I like that I can make notes for each reservation. Such a sever request or allergy.

Cons

For my personal use I never had an issue. As me working with open table every here and then reservations are not showing on my side as hostess/server. I had few angry guest. Will never know if that was a costumer fult or open table system fult for not processing reservation.

Kimberly

Industry: Industrial Automation

October 2022

OpenTable is Imperative in this Day & Age

I find that OpenTable is a very good option for reservations and that my notes for special instructions are always followed. I also love the reward system. It is fun to build up points and receive Amazon gift cards after so many points are earned. It is also cool that they have the menus available to peruse before you arrive as well as special "experience" options that you can choose at some of the restaurants.

Pros

It is user-friendly, the calendar option is great, and the ability to invite guests is fantastic. I use OpenTable almost every day. I travel for work and use OpenTable to book all of my lunch and dinner meetings for my clients when possible. I love the rewards program, receiving Amazon gift cards every so often is always fun. I also really enjoy learning about new restaurants in the area I live in and in the towns, I am visiting for work or on vacation. The "experience" option is also fun and tells you a little bit more about each restaurant as you make your reservation.

Cons

The only two complaints that I have is that some restaurants pull open seating on certain days and that all restaurants so not participate in Open table.

Jasmine

July 2022

OpenTable Review

Overall, I would recommend Opentable for making reservations online. It is extremely easy to use and it is not time-consuming at all.

Pros

I use OpenTable to make restaurant reservations all the time. Its ease of use is what keeps me coming back for more time and time again. I find it to be more convenient than calling the restaurant myself and being put on hold. It is a widely used application so that serves as a bonus as well.

Cons

Sometimes when you make a reservation on OpenTable and show up at the restaurant, they say they do not see that a reservation was made so I guess sometimes there is a glitch in the system, but anytime that has been the case, the restaurant still accommodates me regardless because I made the time to request a reservation in advance.

Eric R.

Industry: Research

OpenTable is great when it is properly configured, but hides too many useful tools

Pros

When OpenTable had a cleaner reservation system, it was excellent. You could book way ahead of time and they had a points-based system that earned you rewards. Sometime a few years back, they lost a lot of their functionality and they seemed to lose their ability to book a lot of restaurants they'd previously had. The rewards system was a big part of my regular use, so I stopped using them as often as a result.

Cons

When there is a reservation option on the listing for a restaurant, it is kind of hidden. This makes very little sense.

Reasons for switching to OpenTable

OpenTable had an incentive program.

Vincenzo

Industry: Restaurants

September 2022

Pessima

Azienda che non rispetta il cliente

Pros

Azienda che non rispetta il clienti avrei altro da dire

Cons

Azienda che non rispetta il cliente avrei altro da dire

Reasons for choosing OpenTable

Non ho preferito nessuno siete pessimi

Matthew

March 2022

OpenTable

Pros

It is easy to book reservations online without talking to someone on the phone.

Cons

Although Open Table may book a reservation, not all restaurants actually honor these reservations.

Anneliese

Quick and Easy Last Minute Reservations

Pros

I love being able to hop on OpenTable and very quickly see what restaurants have availability and what times. Makes it so easy to pick what time works for us.

Cons

Not sure if its the restaurant rules or OpenTable but often times I will get no results for a party of 2, but when I put in a party of 3- there are open reservations.

Nancy

Easy & quick to book restaurants

easy to use, and convenient!

Pros

I love that I do not have to call the restaurant itself to book reservation, and that I can just log in to Open Table to look for availability

Cons

You do get dinged if you fail to show up several times for your reservations, your account may get locked

The must use app for making restaurant reservations

I love using this app! Booking a reservations takes about 30 seconds total. They follow-up with a confirmation email, as well as emails after your dine, offering the ability to rate the experience for the benefit of the restaurant and other users, and they promptly credit you the points you've earned. The app also lets you input any special occasions you'd like to notate, which is really handy for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Pros

The OpenTable app rewards you for making reservations - something you would likely do anyway! Not only that, but it makes the reservation process that much easier. You simply look up the restaurant, instantly see what days/times are available, and in a few clicks, you have your reservation. As soon as your reservation is completed, you earn points for dining. Once your point balance gets high enough (which doesn't take that long if you dine often), you can exchange those points for dining credits, or use them for discounts on hotels, or on flights booked through Kayak! You can supercharge your point earnings by selecting restaurants that have need dates/times that they would like to fill, often earning you 10x the points you would normally earn on a regular reservation.

Cons

The only negative is that not every restaurant is on it. It does have a dominant presence in the industry, so while you may not always find a cafe or coffee shop, a reputable restaurant is usually on the platform.

Grayson

Industry: Restaurants

Not worth it unless you are a major chain with 300 seats

Not enough to list. Exposure, but it's limited for smaller companies.

Pros

It allows you to assign tables in the restaurant as they come in and shoes a fairly good job of tracking several metrics like turn time, server cover counts, etc. It also has ways to advertise and draw in customers who may not know about you.

Cons

It's impossible to compete. With the difficulty in finding a restaurant as a customer it translates to moe exposure for larger chain restaurants with budgets to throw at open table. Also, it's pricey. The cost per guest that books is unreasonable and you still have to pay more to advertise. It's just not worth it in my opinion. That are cheaper methods available that focus on phone number advertising as opposed to email (because who opens email nowadays). There are text message options with open table but they are buried and not effective.

Lena

October 2022

It's like having a Maître d' at your finger tips

Open table is like having your own personal Maitre D' at your fingertips because, you can customize your experience and Open table will make sure the restaurant sees all the needs and requests. I love using it especially when traveling and booking ahead. You can have your reservations all set and if you need to cancel, it is an easy process.

Pros

OpenTable is great for booking last minute or planning ahead at any restaurant in most cities. Everything is at your finger tips, menus,directions, reviews. Very user friendly and you are able to customize your reservation with any special needs that you have. You get see all the choices that are offered of dining in the area that you are looking.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about this software. I would like to see the VIP points never expire. There are times in life that you are not going out alot and it would be great to have that feature. The VIP status though, really does not do much and there are a small percentage of restaurants that will accept there. I would like to see a priority in seating, or a comp of some sort.

Lee

June 2022

Super-easy to use

After lots of research, it's one of the best systems out there for restaurants. And great value for money.

Pros

This is great system to manage table bookings for a restaurant, with lots of marketing options. Once it's set up, it takes the hassle out of managing bookings and it's easy to also manually add bookings and block off tables. It's also good for CRM. And there's the option to generate reports and extract data for mailing lists.

Cons

The set up can be quote tricky, but once it's done, it's super-easy to manage.

Reasons for choosing OpenTable

Mainly for their pricing and marketing. More eyeballs on OpenTable than the others.

Cynthia

December 2021

OpenTable is the Industry Standard.

My experience as a hostess in a high end jazz club has been great. Once you get the drift of using Open Table, it's easy to use and implement, easy to change tables around and has been an excellent source of information because it stores history on any client that is entered into the system.

Pros

The features most liked are the customer history, ability to bypass the standard programming for a table and put in special requests. I also like the ease of which you can change a floor plan and number the tables to accommodate various special occasion situations. And I like the ability to no-show a client and they receive that response. Also like the ability to enter in special codes like anniversary, birthday, special event, gluten free, etc. This all helps us to give the client a superior experience.

Cons

The system is only as good as what is programmed into it. You have to learn the tricks and tips to move around the Open Table system in order to get past what it tells you upfront.

September 2022

Regular restaurant diver's take

I use it daily for restaurant reservation management

Pros

It makes managing multiple simultaneous reservations a breeze. I love this software and it makes my life easier.

Cons

I can't think of any missing features. If I had to think of something... I'm not sure all menus are available in the app. If not it would be useful if anywhere you are ordering from has an up to date menu.

Ryan

July 2022

Great reservation booking software

Pros

It has pictures of most restaurants and a large part of their menus. The app is very simple to use and very responsive.

Cons

The points system can be a bit confusing at times

Jenna

May 2022

Keeping both parties hoenst

Overall I think Open Table was a great an powerful tool that has changed the restaurant industry.

Pros

I have used this software as a hostess and has a restaurant goer. As a restaurant-goer, I enjoy this software as it allows ease of making reservations. Instead of calling restaurants for availability Open Table allows you to easily see time slots available. On the other hand, as a former server and hostess, Open Table automatically populated any reservations made. Further it allowed you to enter and maintain regular customers in the system. Open table greatly helped me do my job in estimating wait times and maintaining reservations.

Cons

Open Table is a tool, not a crystal ball. While it greatly helped me in my job as a hostess, sometimes wait times were off due to people lingering longer or unforeseen circumstances occurring. This cause people to show up to their reservations and having a slight wait. On the other hand, as a user you are able to block Open table from allowing more reservations in the event things get really backed up.

Mu