What are PHP Point of Sale users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PHP Point of Sale software through verified user reviews

• icon"Multiple location POS functionality, intuitive, and powerful. Great customer service, easy to install and very functional."
  • icon"The support is fantastic, the developer is extremely responsive and helpful and has even added customizations and extra functionality with no extra charge."
  • icon"Online customer tech support. Ease to use user interface."
  • icon"If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. No detail video tutorial on how to use the software."
  • icon"Missing ways to manage users/salespersons with group permissions. Missing ways to handle inventory adjustments."
  • icon"Lack of support for non complaint hardware. Unrecognized windows application."

Browse all PHP Point of Sale Reviews

• Have you used PHP Point of Sale and would like to share your experience with others?

Marenyane

March 2022

The best software to manage inventory in your business

I had a phenomenal experience using PHP point of sale. It is easy to calculate how much turnover the available stock is going to make. I am able to plan well how much I am going to save from that turnover and how much is going to purchase more stock. Despite that, I like the fact that during busy hours, it is easy to serve the customers because I don't have to manually calculate how much the items bought cost and how much change is required. I also like the fact that with this software, I am able to track my employees work. Some people become tempted to steal when there is no Inventory Management Software. This software is so awesome, I like the fact that it is secure, every person has to have his or her account in case mistakes happen, that particular person is held responsible without implicating the entire staff.

Pros

I like the fact that I am able to manage my inventory easily with this software. I am able to know how much profit the available stock is going to generate It is easy for me to see my employees are cheating me. The cashed money has to correspond with the sales made per day. What I like most is the fact that I don't have to calculate how much change I will have to give back to the customer, it calculates it automatically as I am selecting the items bought.

Cons

There is nothing I would disregard about this software. But you will find that we hire unskilled labor or illiterate people, so it becomes a challenge when you have to train such a person to use the system.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

I chose Php point of sale because php is the most common programming language used in my country, so it won't be a problem to troubleshoot it.

Response from PHP Point Of Sale

Thanks so much!

Replied March 2022

Carlos

May 2022

PHP point of Sale review in Dermatology Practice with multiple locations.

The customer service response is impeccable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a "straight shooter" and replies to all my techy questions and needs promptly. Even though in some instances there is no optimal resolution he always has a reply and suggestion.

Pros

Cloud platform, so as long as you have an internet connection you are good to go. The price is the lowest I've seen, you pay a yearly subscription per store/location not per user.

Cons

As mentioned before I would like to see more versatility with the sales reports. Interactive drop down reposts with customizable columns with options to export to PDF, csv, xls, HTML, XML.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

We used the old Orchid SQL on-premise solution, which had a lot of glitches. The app was a resource hog that would bog down PCs and required a VPN link to all locations. Management of the database was labor-intensive.

Rick

Ricks Picks Review

Chris is great to work with! Without chris I could not deal with this Service. His help is valued The best possible value for what you get - thats for sure I see this cloud service in this infancy. It needs a lot of upgrades. My biggest issue is that it is not a system designed for a fast pace retail store - with a line of customers. What I do like is that ti is very easy to edit sales and fix them after the fact The reporting got better but stilll needs work The Layaway/special order function works but not perfect. The way the financial numbers are handled needs to get updated a bit. For example - if you do not put a cost in for an item immediately then statr selling the items, the system does not look back in history to calcukate the true profit, it assumes it was zero until the cost was put in, sometimes you have to sell something before you know what the cost is...

Pros

I already wrote it before

Cons

Already wrote it

Brian

Overall am satisfied.

Pros

The software is friendly, simple and easy user interface but includes most of the important aspects of managing a retail store such as managing employees, inventory control, reports, barcode and more.

Cons

Bacodes can be hard to set-up depending on the size of the lables and the label printer you're using.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Simplicity, Price and straight forwardness of PHP as well as the options available for download or subscription.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

Simplicity, Price and straight forwardness of PHP as well as the options available for download or subscription or modification.

Joshua

A+ POS solution!

We love it. The price is affordable, and it does everything we need it to do. If there is a feature we need added or tweaked, it is typically accomodated quickly with customer service that is prompt and curteous.

Pros

Everything from installation to features to customer support is exemplary

Cons

Can't say there are any we run into on any frequent basis

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

We considered many other products, but most were charging way more. PHPPOS really saved the day when we found it!

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

We were facing having to buy a new license which was very expensive, and this was much more affordable and the demo was much simpler to use than QB POS.

Eko

Love PHP POS

Love the ease of use and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always responsive anytime I have a question. Highly recommend

Pros

I have 2 locations and need a POS I could use with different currencies. It’s the best investment I made for my business.

Cons

I am appointment based so I would love to be able to use the calendar feature. Because it doesn’t currently connect to any external calendars, we have to copy and paste our customer information into the system.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

The biggest driver for me was being Able to use it at both my locations, 1 of which is international but also the ease of use was a bonus

Melati

May 2022

All over a great, easy to use, no fuss POS

Pros

Easy to use. Hardly ever any technical problems occurred during my 4 years of using it.

Cons

If you want to use credit card machine that will automatically “connected” to the POS (the final amount charged to buyer will automatically appear on CC machine) you can only choose from a few providers.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Better price. Easy to use. No fuss features. It’s not an overkill; it serves my needs.

Jose

June 2022

The best POS software that you’ll ever need

Professional simplicity

Pros

Super simple setup. I first came across this software when it first started long time ago. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been very active with its support. Quick and real fast answers to any questions you may have

Cons

There is nothing really I don’t like about this software.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Their online demo showed exactly the features I was looking for

Brittany

Love this product!

This product has immensely helped my business, helping it run smooth

Pros

We started a new business with this software and loved it, the setup process was simple and we never have any issues, keeps the store running smoothly

Cons

I honestly don’t have anything I dislike, we really enjoy this software

None I could find were like PHP in the way I wanted

Rebecca

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Very satisfied with PHP

Easy to use as a POS.

Pros

Very thoroughly thought out product and does what we need a POS to do.

Cons

A few options not available, but will be addressed.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Had all the basic options and functions our business needed.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

QB was expensive and the Desktop option was being (or will be) discontinued.

Bob

A lot of value for the price

We used a fairly old, desktop-based POS for years. When web-based POS's started coming out, it seemed that they offered some significant advantages - though our first try with one (Hike POS) was an utter failure, based on what was promised with it. PHP POS worked great right from the start. The features they promoted all worked great - in fact, the biggest challenge was in determining how to utilize it's full potential. We've used both the downloaded and hosted version of it, which are virtually identical. We've used it on Windows pc's, ipads, and android devices. As mentioned, they offer exceptional support, including a robust feature request/implementation feature. They don't seem to pursue the same level of marketing as other POS systems, which I'm guessing would account for why they charge only about half the price of similar setups. We're all extremely happy with it.

Pros

There are an incredible number of ways to customize the software, and the range of capabilities is equal to POS software that's far more expensive. On top of that, there's support that surpasses pretty much any other software I've ever used.

Cons

I'd kind of like to see certain reports that aren't readily available, but that's an awfully minor issue.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

I wanted one that could be used on a pc as well as ipad, one that had specific functions (e.g., inventory control), and one that was reasonably priced. Square and Shopify have certain advantages in that they also offer e-commerce, but they price one or the other (POS or e-commerce site) unreasonably - at least for us. PHP POS was by far the most feature-rich for the price.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

They promoted "seamless integration" with financial software, which never ended up working. There were features that were apparently little used - so flaws that had been overlooked. Reports were inconsistent in accuracy. Support was available, but only with staff that had only a general knowledge of operation - issues had to be thoroughly documented and repeatedly brought up for anything to get to tech-level staff. We had to abandon it about half-way through a one-year subscriptions

Carmen

I don't know how we dit it without PHP Point of Sale

As a small business owner of a dog store and groomer, a web shop and store took up so much of my time. Especially the syncing of the products in the shop and the store, because sometimes I would forget to do that, so people would buy a product online that was sold out in the store. After many comparisons I chose PHP Point of Sale and from day 1 that it was up and running I felt a lot calmer.

Pros

There is little not to like about this product. It is easy to set up. Has a ton of features, not even all of which we use. And offers so much more compared to other POS systems, truly value for money. What I especially love is the fact that I don't have to spend extra time on inventory and synchronization between store and web shop. And what I also love is that every new product I create in PHP POS is immediately available in the webshop. The possibilities are great, the support is great and fast and the program is very easy to use even for people who have never worked with a POS system before.

Cons

Our only problem was with syncing the products. I wasn't aware that all the products were re-entering my webshop, so suddenly there were a lot of duplicates and I had to spend some extra time on them. But that could also have been a stupid mistake on my part.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

I have installed and tried a few other options before finding this hidden gem. From the moment I installed the trial version, my hands started itching to get started with it. The extensive settings, options and support are just fantastic. With others I would have spent double for all these options.

Matthew

May 2022

Very flexible and easy to extend

Overall, we are extremely happy with PHP Point Of Sale. We've invested a lot of time in customizing it for our specific needs. I don't think we would've been able to integrate it so tightly with our other systems if we had gone with another POS system. It has also been extremely reliable.

Pros

The built-in API and the ability to extend the system with your own PHP code are the features that set this apart from other POS systems. We have modified our system extensively, which would not have been possible with other software. Technical support was outstanding, even when we were adding completely new features. The developer was very open with sharing information and tips. Probably the best technical support I have ever received with a software package. Also, the ability to host the software on our own on-premises server was important.

Cons

We found some of the features to be a little confusing and unintuitive, but once you understand how they work it all makes perfect sense. Like anything, there is a learning curve.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

We looked carefully at several other systems. None of the others offered the flexibility and extensibility that PHP POS does.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

Our last system had reached end-of-life and was no longer being supported. It was also very difficult to integrate with our other systems. We needed a new system that was flexible and expandable.

Ben

Robust, intuitive, and cheap for the small business!

I came across phpPOS while researching different POS systems when we were first opening. Suggested by a user on /r/smallbusiness, we were seeking a POS option that allowed us to utilize categorized products for our own stock, consignment based sales, and reporting features. Another caveat we held was that the POS was within our "limited" budget at the time -- phpPOS fit all of those needs, and more. We purchased, and two years later still use, the stand-alone version of phpPOS which fit our needs perfectly. We only use one register, but all staff have their own unique password protected logins and we can easily backup our inventory, sales history, etc. to an external drive. For larger businesses that require concurrent registers, etc -- you may want to consider the online version instead. Very happy with phpPOS and would definitely suggest it to other small business folks out there looking for a robust yet affordable POS option.

Pros

- detailed inventory options with categorization - ability to separate consignment sales and suppliers - product / service separation - good reporting options - can customize with knowledge of php - extremely affordable - stand-alone product -- service outages don't affect your sales! - item-grid compatible with touch-screen (we have too many items, so don't utilize this feature -- but it's there!)

Cons

Very little cons. Never had any major issues, nor had to resort to customer support. The POS is intuitive enough to figure out on its own. Gift cards can be a little confusing at first.

Eduardo

We loved it until we developed our own

Great. We loved the easy to use, easy to deploy and syncing features. It syncs to your woocommerce store.

Pros

It is easy to use. It is easy to understand for people who are not used to POS systems. We were able to train new employees on how to use it very quickly. The fact that you can connect several stores online was great.

Cons

Out of nowhere the team behind it decided to make it close source and forcing you to switch to their online SAS option. That didn't work well for us since we have poor internet connection in some of our stores. Therefore we had to develop our own software. The team behind PHP point of sale have since retracted their efforts to make it close source, but it was too late for us; we moved on.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Opensource nature. It's syncing capabilities.

Response from PHP Point Of Sale

Hi, Thank you for the review. You are correct that we removed download version and brought it back. We still recommend cloud for most people now that we have offline mode. We are sorry to lose you as a customer but we still have download and offline mode

Replied March 2021

Wilfred

Great piece of POS software!

We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment. Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking. Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory. Other features for centralized server. Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server. Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting. An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5. Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.

Pros

Simplicity Ease of use Great User Interface Straight forward functionality

Cons

Rapid updates. :)

Brandon

Great Product. Great Support

PHP pos offers a robust user experience: slick interface, excellent sales and inventory tracking, and intuitive ease of use. Training employees to use the software took practically no time! Customers love the account features that allows history searches and store credit lines. My favorite feature: first rate customer service! Tech support responds quickly and thoroughly. And new feature requests often are met in the next release build. I highly recommend this mature platform that has made store management simple and efficient!

Pros

Customer support--trouble tickets resolved quickly and personally. Feature enrichment grows by orders of magnitude with each release.

Cons

Maybe offer a video tutorial or other resource(s) on using the software for admins. Your interface is highly intuitive, but someone new to POS transactions might not understand, in principle, the rich value of all your PHP pos software capabilities. Your support forums are a great starting place for troubleshooting. I'm thinking more in terms of feature tutorials.

Twila

Inexpensive and User Friendly

Before switching to PHP, most of my experience with POS systems were on the bookstore side, meaning that managing detailed inventory is a high priority, and I was skeptical that I could find a less expensive system that would allow me to do what I needed to for my diverse inventory. The system was easy to install, setup and learn. The customer service has been outstanding. They take the time to work through any issue(s) whether through instruction or logging on to help directly. PHP is a perfect fit for me and my store!

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly POS systems that I've used. There is a common sense approach with the applications, which makes it easy to train employees and quickly learn any updates that are added.

Cons

Sometimes the set up for credit cards and other applications can be overwhelming; however, as soon as I reached out to customer service, I had help and was able to accomplish whatever task or tasks that needed fixed/completed.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

Bookstore Manager is incredibly expensive, and wasn't a necessity for me to keep. PHP ended up being a workable system for my book inventory.

Peter

Business Automation

The previous management system was coded by me in dBASE 4.0 which is desktop based. There was no remote access to the database. In my search to migrate to another platform; my requirements are; 1. Cloud based, remote access via the internet 2. Opensource where I can access the database directly. 3. Easy to customise I tried and tested many scripts and finally discovered OSPOS and a paid version PHPPOS in 2015. So happy when I discovered the script meets 80% of our needs. I run this against our system for a year before migrating 100% on PHPPOS.

Pros

It is written in PHP with MySql as its database. The core code fits 80% of our business demands. Cloud based allows remote access. With a direct access to the database, I am able to create scripts & reports that help to cover the 20% of our needs.

Cons

1. We need more custom fields in the Expenses module where we can upload pdf, jpg files. 2. The warehouse inventory module is missing. I had to write additional scripts to fill in the missing gap.

Reasons for choosing PHP Point of Sale

For the reasons given above.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

No remote access to the data in our in-house development.

Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more

This system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.

Pros

This product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.

Cons

There is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.

Chad

Great Affordable and Easy POS

We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Pros

Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Cons

Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

Fantastic software for my firing range!

We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.

Pros

Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

Cons

Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

Mari

Excellent Customer Service

We use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond. Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy. I recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service.

Cons

Days to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days. Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.

Willow

After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier.

I started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to be at the whim of my internet connection. The cost of upgrading to a newer version is so small that it is worth it. The latest version has so much more that you can do with stats. which I am really getting a lot out of. There could always be more but I am super happy with how much value and ease this has brought to my business. Willow Friday Iron Oxide Art Supplies Nanaimo Canada www.ironoxideartsupplies.com

Pros

It is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.

Jose

Best POS for Retailer

Pros

Simple, easy to use, if you have knowledge in Excel you can transfer products, suppliers and customers in seconds. A lightweight program so you don't need to have a server or a supercomputer to manage it. You can work in the cloud or you can simply do it locally. It adapts to cell phones, laptops, tablets and you can access it from anywhere by creating a network that allows you to do it. We have been using it for years when it only had about 70mb of download.

Cons

It would be good to improve the way to search for products so that when the item number or barcode is not available, the search is done by item description. The other thing that could be improved would be (in my case) the account statements for customer accounts receivable. This applies to me because I have few customers to whom I grant credit.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

Very expensive for small business like me

4.68/5 out of 336 reviews