All PioneerRX Reviews

Alan

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Great product with great support

I bought Pioneer in 2013 after using QS1 for 20 years. The system did not transfer the competitive prices from QS1 that I had set into the old software, and I had difficulty in maintaining a good margin on low priced generics as well as maintaining continuity on pricing, especially generics. After muddling through it for 3 years and doing the best we can, and voicing my frustrations on this site, Pioneer called me and said they wanted my issues resolved and volunteered to send a rep to my store for the better part of 3 days. Customer support representative was exceptional in his willingness and ability to explain and resolve my issues. I was able to get better control over my generic pricing and he also led us to a multitude of other issues to better utilize what Pioneer offered the independent pharmacy. My staff loves it. It does a great job managing our profit/loss issues (with the DIR exceptions) and I may be able to save money by d/cing other programs that Pioneer can handle. My biggest recommendation would be that if you aren't happy with the product, ask them to fix it. don't give up until you get results. It can do a lot more than you think it can. the on site training is somewhat limited. I wish they would have spent more energy into pointing out things at time of installation (perhaps a checklist, provided by current users, would help). I am a bit old school and Pioneer is a highly technical software so the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I would recommend this software over QS1 and am very happy with the service they provided.

PROS

it can do just about anything once you figure out how to work it.

CONS

it is technical and a bit convoluted so may require some serious training. the learning curve might be a bit steep.

Brandee

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

I love this software! It is intuitive, functional and I have access to any information I might need.

Functionality, and improved workflow, reporting and tracking.

PROS

Almost everything! Any data that I need to report out is available and can be customized in a usable format. Pioneer's processes and workflows have decreased our processing times and added the accountability of always knowing where a prescription is at in the workflow. The checking process, the interfaces, and the functionality is top of the line and continually improving. Pioneer offers many features that help us compete with the chains (provider lookup, insurance lookup, driver's license scanning, data submission to immunization registries, sync fill, loyalty plans, etc.). Additionally, they continually add new features or make changes to improve the system. The customer support is amazing! I have not had any issue that couldn't be resolved. Either a solution was already available, or a solution was developed to meet the need. I have never received this kind of responsiveness from any other software vendor. It feels like a partnership.

CONS

I would like to see more detailed training on new functionality. I am always made aware of new features, but sometimes struggle to completely understand all of the steps needed to implement the new features--without calling in to the support line.

ahmed

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2018

terribly inefficient software

none

CONS

Nour advised PioneerRx that the software which was represented to be simpler, was actually much more complex to use. Specifically, Nour advised PioneerRx of the following problems: There are too many statuses; many more than the essential will call, filling que, in-take que, rejection que and on order. 75% of the data entry screen is blank and all of the essential and a significant amount of non-essential information is shown in a small font on the other 25% of the screen. It is unorganized, not in the same format as the prescription is laid out. The data entry itself is more difficult than Supreme Royal Pharmacy Software which allows the user to browse with a tab button through a prescription. Nour was told PioneerRx integrates with PK Software, but it does not. Nour was told QR Code could be printed, but it cannot. Textphone notification must be manually turned on for each individual patient which is a significant amount of extra work collecting carrier date on each patient. Escripts do not auto-populate adding more work for the Pharmacy.

Mike

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2014

QS1 to Pioneer conversion

Anytime you change the initial days are not easy.....as was the case when we changed our pharmacy software from QS1 to Pioneer. It was not easy....but when is change easy???? IT NEVER IS!!! The main thing is 7 months later I am so happy I made the change. There are a lot of reasons why I like Pioneer better now after scratching the surface of it. The reporting features are way easier to use and the I-pad delivery pad for signatures is awesome. At our check station on rx's it lets you know if you have a ndc issue and one click later it reverses the claim puts the rx under the correct ndc that you are now using and prints a new label in a matter of 5 seconds....impressive! The general filling functions are easy to use just hard to change your ways when you are used to looking at a rx a little differently in qs1. Pioneer allows you to create facilities and attach people to them in easy fashion and does a great job of tracking those people in and out with dates and up to actual times of discharge time if you want to go to that point. At the end of the day and you have 5 rx's going to 5 different people at the same facility,..... all you do is print a one page report that charges the rx's to those 5 separate accounts all at the same time and places a delivery signature on those rx's when it is brought back and scanned in. BUT #1 TO ME IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.......we actually have just one main person we all call here at the pharmacy at Pioneer and she know our store very well and the people working in it and she also know "Holcomb Pharmacy" ....she knows we have 3 Nursing homes, 1 blister pack facility, and the way our pharmacy operates. Therefore when you call your assigned a contact person that person already has a great idea of how they need to help you, and help they do. I can't say enough about their customer service, it is the difference maker when it comes down to it. All systems can do the general functions of filling rx's but its all those little things that each independent pharmacy is that makes running a pharmacy a challenge. Pioneer takes the time to work one on one with you to make your life easier. I am very satisfied and happy with the change. Last week I asked my primary data entry person and my primary pharmacist what they thought after 7 months and both of them replied that they "would not want to go back." GREAT SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE BEHIND IT SUPPORTING YOU.AT PIONEER RX!!!

Jonathan

Reviewed March 2018

PionnerRx makes filling prescriptions and running a pharmacy a breeze

PROS

I love how intuitive the software is--I had no trouble becoming familiar with it. The features are what truly sets Pioneer apart from the rest. Patient profiles can contain a tremendous amount of information and notations that makes filling prescriptions both easier and quicker. Documentation is customizable from the broadest scope of a particular third party plan all the way down to individual fills of each prescription. Managing inventory is a breeze thanks to the abundance of reporting available. I can't imagine not using Pioneer.

CONS

Honestly, with the weekly updates from Pioneer, there is little room for improvement. They take customer input very seriously and are incredibly prompt in resolving issues or answering questions.

Julie

Easy to use and learn.

PROS

I like how easy it is to use and learn. Can quickly pick up where to find stuff the system does pretty much all I need to perform most tasks I want Pioneer to do. Also Pioneer's eligibility check is so easy and convenient. One of my favorite features. Also love Pioneer's delivery app on the Ipad. Easy to deliver medications and have a list in one place and have an ability to pay while on delivery.

CONS

It would be really nice to be able to submit an automatic text if there is a problem with a prescription, such as it needs a prior authorization. Also a text to show prescriptions are ready, along with the price of prescription would be a neat feature, so people aren't surprised when they get here for the total price.

Kate

Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Pioneer Rx continues to exceed my expectations at every turn. There is always a way to do something!

It has streamlined my workflow and simplified my life!

PROS

I love the logic in all the processes. Everything makes sense to me. It does synchronization wonderfully and the interface with my compliance packaging (Medicine-On-Time) is seamless. I have much better control of inventory and there is an easy way to order expensive items just before I need them so I don't have all that inventory sitting on the shelf. I love the CoverMyMeds link and I also really like that I can very quickly fax a copy of a rejection directly to the prescriber without having to print it out. Support is quick and painless, reporting is exceptional. I use the link to coupons all the time which makes my customers very happy.

Whitney

Reviewed April 2018

My experience with PioneerRx has been phenomenal from day one.

PROS

PioneerRx's ease of use is what sets it apart from other pharmacy softwares. A brand new user can be up and running almost immediately. I specifically like that PioneerRx is great for compounding or hybrid pharmacies, I don't need another software to dispense my compounds. Their support & customer service is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I used PioneerRx as an employee at 2 pharmacies, when it was time to select Rx software for my own pharmacy, PioneerRx was the easy winner.

CONS

1. The alert for non-matched/incorrect item in the check screen is inadequate 2. The reports can be difficult to manage, there are lots of reports to choose from, but not always the exact one you want.

Nicole

Very easy to use!

PROS

I like the convenience of this program. But I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used RX30 during an internship and it's much easier than that! Thank you for all the hard work you do!

CONS

I think that it would be nice to ask "are you sure you want to import this person" before it actually imports them. I find myself doing that a lot. Also, I think that it would be convenient to have a messaging system so that i can tell other terminal operators and pharmacist things without actually going to them in person. If I could just send them a message to tell them something it would just pop up on the bottom right of the screen that would be very convenient. Thank You!

Bill

Reviewed June 2018

It is great having a system that is superior to previous systems, particularly the Customer Service.

PROS

Having the reasons to want to pick five stars in each category. It is refreshing to deal with a company that has a great product, terrific Customer Service that you hear from in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. Specialists that are familiar with the answers, and the correct one either responds to you or is gotten on the call. The weekly upgrades are a real benefit as well.

CONS

If PioneerRx could figure out how to stop DIR fees, that would be the ultimate. Since that is probably not going to happen, we will continue to enjoy the best choice we made in recent times by switching to PioneerRx.

Matt

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Pioneer is a great software for our pharmacy. Very powerful and lots of customization

Easy to navigate

PROS

Once familiar with the software, the options are pretty much endless for what you can do. Love the ability to leave critical comments that are easy for the next shift to follow up with once the patient calls back. Good workflow. Easy to find or track down any old RX, i.e. ability to search by name, drug, dispensing date, MD, etc. Generally user friendly.

CONS

Slightly larger buttons, i.e. click to call, or edit patient profile. Ability to add ins from the "edit RX screen", Click to call feature for Check screen. Integrations with other softwares, i.e. to get a patient signature via email/text. Ability to track anyone who alters an RX critical comments.

Lisa

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

positive

This software allows me to do my job with ease.

PROS

PioneerRx is easy to navigate and there is a high level of functionality for all of our pharmacy needs, from processing prescriptions to generating financial reports. It is also reassuring to know that the remote Support Team, as well as our local rep, are accessible and helpful in resolving most issues that arise in a timely manner.

CONS

On occasion, some of our preferred settings need to be reset after the weekly software update.

Christina

Educational, Helpful Customer Service Rep., & Awesome

PROS

Pioneer is a great software to use. It has so many options available to pharmacies to utilize with their patients needs and several ways to keep up with the state standards. Staying compliant with star-rating is also easy with the notifications that are alerted during the filling process. It makes filling prescriptions easier and more efficient.

CONS

There is not really any thing I could recommend as far as changing because the software is that great.

Sean

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Very Helpful and Professional.

The ability to customize recurrent sig codes and fill dates with day supplies and ndc listings make repetitive tasks simpler and reduces user error.

PROS

The ease of use and the consistency. The Ability to customize and change functions as needed to meet our needs and those of our patients. The ability to adress and issue with a live person a click away and by phone within seconds sometimes of submitting a ticket instead of the hours I spent waiting for a reply from HBS, It has been an excellent change of pace.

CONS

The only item i'd like to see change on a whim is the ability to show both NDC's On the label of a split billed item! Everything else has been excellent and with the range of customization offered by the help desk you simply cannot go wrong.

Brent

Reviewed July 2018

Intuitive, easy to use pharmacy software

Increased efficiency and profitability at the pharmacy

PROS

The software is very robust, yet everything is still easy to find making it a very intuitive system. New employees have picked it up after only a few days having worked different systems for years

CONS

Updates are almost too frequent. It is very hard to implement updates once you have become accustomed to processing or using the system a certain way.

Jeremy

Used free trial

Reviewed December 2012

PioneerRX review for Rawls Pharmacy

Overall, it's great software. None of the cons are that major, nor would they prevent me from purchasing the program again. I highly recommend pioneerRX.

PROS

The program is very easy to learn. Has most of the features you want in modern pharmacy software. It is easy to see detailed third party claim info. Post edit prevents a lot of lost reimbursement due to errors (especially handy when other pharmacist fill in for you that aren't too familiar with pack sizes, etc). Highly customizable. Nearly every detail of labels and reports can be formatted for your specific needs. Has all the workflow features when you need them, can be turned off when you don't. Really too many features to name each one. As far as support, the phone at pioneerRX is always answered by a person. They are very helpful, plus they are always adding new features to the program making life easier.

CONS

The only feature I have seen in other current software that isn't featured in pioneer is the ability to capture the image of a prescribers signature and attach it to their profile for easy comparison durring verification checks. There is the occasional "lost" label that never prints, but I have had this issue with other programs as well. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to change a manual price directly, instead of having to enter a sub-screen.

Brenda

Reviewed February 2018

Great software! Account Manager is amazing! She always goes above and beyond for us!

PROS

The ease and functionality of the software. The support we receive from our account manager. The updates, idea board....list is endless

CONS

You have to stay up on the reconciliation and call quite a bit to make sure they are getting all of your 835 files. That the POS only fully integrates with Heartland.

Sara