• Pros

• "I love the great support I get . I love the fact that the program is updated at least weekly . I also love Orbit "

• "system seems to be advanced , you can generate many reports, i never got to use it much as after installation they wanted some hidden fees "

• "I like how easy this software is to learn and use. The ability to have a PioneerRx member contact you in case of any software issues is also very handy especially during rush hour in the pharmacy. "

• Cons

• "it is technical and a bit convoluted so may require some serious training. the learning curve might be a bit steep."

• "Sometimes trouble shooting for a dual insurance bill can be difficult, but customer support always is available when I need it."

• "Sometimes there are software glitches after an update, but they are usually fixed quickly. Also, it would be great if making your own reports was more user friendly."

Browse PioneerRx Reviews

Rowena from AxessPointe Community Health Center

I am very impressed with PioneerRX's functionality and versatility.

The ability to customize the software to maximize our workflow is great. We also love the ability to glean data from PioneerRX to analyze our business.

Pros

The best aspect of PioneerRx by far is their customer service (Erica, in particular is great). They are very responsive to help requests, often calling back within minutes of a request. They are willing to spend as much time as needed with you until you are satisfied the issue has been resolved. In the rare instance they are unable to answer your question right away, they will forward the issue to someone who can answer the question and most importantly, they follow through with you. The PioneerRx software itself is amazing. The software can be customized to fit your workflow. There is a wealth of information waiting to be explored within PioneerRX. There are many ways to leverage PioneerRX to maximize workflow and profitability. Another positive aspect of PioneerRx is the online community of current users. There are forums for anyone who has questions about how certain aspects of PioneerRX work in a practical setting. There is also a way to upvote requests from users, so that you have some input in how PioneerRX is developed in the future. Being so open to feedback is just another great aspect of their customer service. Overall it is the best pharmacy software I have used, to date.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I do not like about PioneerRX. I would like the developers of PioneerRx to continue to listen to the community regarding changes they wish to see in Pioneer.

Alan from Medicap Pharmacy

Great product with great support

I bought Pioneer in 2013 after using QS1 for 20 years. The system did not transfer the competitive prices from QS1 that I had set into the old software, and I had difficulty in maintaining a good margin on low priced generics as well as maintaining continuity on pricing, especially generics. After muddling through it for 3 years and doing the best we can, and voicing my frustrations on this site, Pioneer called me and said they wanted my issues resolved and volunteered to send a rep to my store for the better part of 3 days. Customer support representative was exceptional in his willingness and ability to explain and resolve my issues. I was able to get better control over my generic pricing and he also led us to a multitude of other issues to better utilize what Pioneer offered the independent pharmacy. My staff loves it. It does a great job managing our profit/loss issues (with the DIR exceptions) and I may be able to save money by d/cing other programs that Pioneer can handle. My biggest recommendation would be that if you aren't happy with the product, ask them to fix it. don't give up until you get results. It can do a lot more than you think it can. the on site training is somewhat limited. I wish they would have spent more energy into pointing out things at time of installation (perhaps a checklist, provided by current users, would help). I am a bit old school and Pioneer is a highly technical software so the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I would recommend this software over QS1 and am very happy with the service they provided.

Pros

it can do just about anything once you figure out how to work it.

ahmed from nour pharmacy

terribly inefficient software

none

Cons

Nour advised PioneerRx that the software which was represented to be simpler, was actually much more complex to use. Specifically, Nour advised PioneerRx of the following problems: There are too many statuses; many more than the essential will call, filling que, in-take que, rejection que and on order. 75% of the data entry screen is blank and all of the essential and a significant amount of non-essential information is shown in a small font on the other 25% of the screen. It is unorganized, not in the same format as the prescription is laid out. The data entry itself is more difficult than Supreme Royal Pharmacy Software which allows the user to browse with a tab button through a prescription. Nour was told PioneerRx integrates with PK Software, but it does not. Nour was told QR Code could be printed, but it cannot. Textphone notification must be manually turned on for each individual patient which is a significant amount of extra work collecting carrier date on each patient. Escripts do not auto-populate adding more work for the Pharmacy.

Brandee from AllHealth Network Pharmacy

I love this software! It is intuitive, functional and I have access to any information I might need.

Functionality, and improved workflow, reporting and tracking.

Pros

Almost everything! Any data that I need to report out is available and can be customized in a usable format. Pioneer's processes and workflows have decreased our processing times and added the accountability of always knowing where a prescription is at in the workflow. The checking process, the interfaces, and the functionality is top of the line and continually improving. Pioneer offers many features that help us compete with the chains (provider lookup, insurance lookup, driver's license scanning, data submission to immunization registries, sync fill, loyalty plans, etc.). Additionally, they continually add new features or make changes to improve the system. The customer support is amazing! I have not had any issue that couldn't be resolved. Either a solution was already available, or a solution was developed to meet the need. I have never received this kind of responsiveness from any other software vendor. It feels like a partnership.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed training on new functionality. I am always made aware of new features, but sometimes struggle to completely understand all of the steps needed to implement the new features--without calling in to the support line.

amar from Grubbs Pharmacy ( Delaware )

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best balance of ease of use and security features

Pros

- Highly customizable workflow - granular admin, pharmacist and tech access controls - Custom Rx Audit report make life easy for desk audits - DIR estimator - Profit report can be generated factoring in estimated DIR or GER fees - Cash pricing estimator based on chain competitors near you - POS and sale data can be accessed from any workstation & POS integrated within Rx module - Control medication Perpetual Inventory can be maintained within the software ❤ - Training portal gives admin, a clear view of progress in training for each staff member - Customer ID info is available at the POS window as well as Pharmacist verification screen - Create patient profile by simply scanning Drivers License - PMP data submitted automatically - More secure since program can run without needing windows admin privileges ( helps prevents unauthorized software program installs )

Cons

- Onboarding & maintenance cost is high compared others in the market. ( worth the cost though ) - Patient profile history could use a search feature instead of filtering -

March 2014

Mike from Holcomb Pharmacy, PC

March 2014

QS1 to Pioneer conversion

Anytime you change the initial days are not easy.....as was the case when we changed our pharmacy software from QS1 to Pioneer. It was not easy....but when is change easy???? IT NEVER IS!!! The main thing is 7 months later I am so happy I made the change. There are a lot of reasons why I like Pioneer better now after scratching the surface of it. The reporting features are way easier to use and the I-pad delivery pad for signatures is awesome. At our check station on rx's it lets you know if you have a ndc issue and one click later it reverses the claim puts the rx under the correct ndc that you are now using and prints a new label in a matter of 5 seconds....impressive! The general filling functions are easy to use just hard to change your ways when you are used to looking at a rx a little differently in qs1. Pioneer allows you to create facilities and attach people to them in easy fashion and does a great job of tracking those people in and out with dates and up to actual times of discharge time if you want to go to that point. At the end of the day and you have 5 rx's going to 5 different people at the same facility,..... all you do is print a one page report that charges the rx's to those 5 separate accounts all at the same time and places a delivery signature on those rx's when it is brought back and scanned in. BUT #1 TO ME IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.......we actually have just one main person we all call here at the pharmacy at Pioneer and she know our store very well and the people working in it and she also know "Holcomb Pharmacy" ....she knows we have 3 Nursing homes, 1 blister pack facility, and the way our pharmacy operates. Therefore when you call your assigned a contact person that person already has a great idea of how they need to help you, and help they do. I can't say enough about their customer service, it is the difference maker when it comes down to it. All systems can do the general functions of filling rx's but its all those little things that each independent pharmacy is that makes running a pharmacy a challenge. Pioneer takes the time to work one on one with you to make your life easier. I am very satisfied and happy with the change. Last week I asked my primary data entry person and my primary pharmacist what they thought after 7 months and both of them replied that they "would not want to go back." GREAT SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE BEHIND IT SUPPORTING YOU.AT PIONEER RX!!!

Terry from Discount Drug Mart

No perfect softward package but this is as close as I have used. Came to DDM because of Pioneer.

Pros

Interface and forthought. For the most part everything is intuitive. Operation is practically flawless which is amazing on a Windows platform-very stable. Even though we primarily use in house support, Pioneer is very responsive when called upon. Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor and makes it difficult to read imprinting

Cons

Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor in some cases and makes it difficult to read imprinting.

Raaed from Highland Clinic Pharmacy

Great pharmacy software and customer service. Very happy with my change to pioneer

Pros

Pioneer is easy to use and has great customer service when it is needed. It is windows based so anyone with basic computer skills can work this system and manage it. Pioneer has many great features that covers tons of different instances that a pharmacy or pharmacist/tech may go through or experience

Cons

Screens can sometimes be a little busy. I wish the home screen was a little more efficient. I believe the home screen is a "dead" screen and can be utilized a little better

Raaed from Highland Clinic Pharmacy

If you have a pharmacy, get PioneerRX

Pioneer Rx helps me take care of my patients the best way possible and in a timely manner

Pros

Pioneer offers a ton of features from a simple pharmacy that does simple rx filling to pharmacies that immunize, deliver, MTM and more... Ease of use and speed is great!

Cons

Not much really. Overall a great program. It covers all my needs. I only wish we could personalize a few features a little more

Kara from Skywalk Pharmacy

PioneerRx gives our pharmacists the tools necessary to provide the highest level care!

Central management of numerous stores and higher level of pharmaceutical care due to user friendly data and customizable workflow.

Pros

The numerous workflow options allow you to customize the workflow to meet your store's unique needs and the customer service supports you every step of the way!

Cons

Conversion from RX30 to PioneerRx was difficult. I do not believe we could have planned any better and still there were problems. After 11 months on PioneerRx we still have to have RX30 access for audit purposes because escripts did not transfer in a usable format.

One of the best software I've used so far

With how easy the program is to use it makes training very simple. All the buttons are shown and it's easy to navigate throughout the different tabs. You're able to also put in a request for one of the PioneerRx techs to call you so that you don't have to get tied up with trying to call them. When you put in the request you're able to provide information on the issue and most times they're calling back to let you know that they solved the issue you were having.

Pros

Cons

Some recent issues we've had in the past few months is that the program will freeze up. We tried to merge several stores onto one server and it caused issues throughout the stores. The main issue was the lag time and that it would freeze out all the computers within the pharmacy. We recently switched over to another software due to the lagging we had experienced.

Jonathan from Chapin Pharmacy

PionnerRx makes filling prescriptions and running a pharmacy a breeze

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is--I had no trouble becoming familiar with it. The features are what truly sets Pioneer apart from the rest. Patient profiles can contain a tremendous amount of information and notations that makes filling prescriptions both easier and quicker. Documentation is customizable from the broadest scope of a particular third party plan all the way down to individual fills of each prescription. Managing inventory is a breeze thanks to the abundance of reporting available. I can't imagine not using Pioneer.

Cons

Honestly, with the weekly updates from Pioneer, there is little room for improvement. They take customer input very seriously and are incredibly prompt in resolving issues or answering questions.

Julie from Rogers Pharmacy

Easy to use and learn.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and learn. Can quickly pick up where to find stuff the system does pretty much all I need to perform most tasks I want Pioneer to do. Also Pioneer's eligibility check is so easy and convenient. One of my favorite features. Also love Pioneer's delivery app on the Ipad. Easy to deliver medications and have a list in one place and have an ability to pay while on delivery.

Cons

It would be really nice to be able to submit an automatic text if there is a problem with a prescription, such as it needs a prior authorization. Also a text to show prescriptions are ready, along with the price of prescription would be a neat feature, so people aren't surprised when they get here for the total price.

Kate from Plumtree Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Pioneer Rx continues to exceed my expectations at every turn. There is always a way to do something!

It has streamlined my workflow and simplified my life!

Pros

I love the logic in all the processes. Everything makes sense to me. It does synchronization wonderfully and the interface with my compliance packaging (Medicine-On-Time) is seamless. I have much better control of inventory and there is an easy way to order expensive items just before I need them so I don't have all that inventory sitting on the shelf. I love the CoverMyMeds link and I also really like that I can very quickly fax a copy of a rejection directly to the prescriber without having to print it out. Support is quick and painless, reporting is exceptional. I use the link to coupons all the time which makes my customers very happy.

Whitney from Liberty Hill Pharmacy & Compounding Center

My experience with PioneerRx has been phenomenal from day one.

Pros

PioneerRx's ease of use is what sets it apart from other pharmacy softwares. A brand new user can be up and running almost immediately. I specifically like that PioneerRx is great for compounding or hybrid pharmacies, I don't need another software to dispense my compounds. Their support & customer service is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I used PioneerRx as an employee at 2 pharmacies, when it was time to select Rx software for my own pharmacy, PioneerRx was the easy winner.

Cons

1. The alert for non-matched/incorrect item in the check screen is inadequate 2. The reports can be difficult to manage, there are lots of reports to choose from, but not always the exact one you want.

Nicole from Sheldon's Express Pharmacy

Very easy to use!

Pros

I like the convenience of this program. But I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used RX30 during an internship and it's much easier than that! Thank you for all the hard work you do!

Cons

I think that it would be nice to ask "are you sure you want to import this person" before it actually imports them. I find myself doing that a lot. Also, I think that it would be convenient to have a messaging system so that i can tell other terminal operators and pharmacist things without actually going to them in person. If I could just send them a message to tell them something it would just pop up on the bottom right of the screen that would be very convenient. Thank You!

Bill from Brown Drug Company

It is great having a system that is superior to previous systems, particularly the Customer Service.

Pros

Having the reasons to want to pick five stars in each category. It is refreshing to deal with a company that has a great product, terrific Customer Service that you hear from in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. Specialists that are familiar with the answers, and the correct one either responds to you or is gotten on the call. The weekly upgrades are a real benefit as well.

Cons

If PioneerRx could figure out how to stop DIR fees, that would be the ultimate. Since that is probably not going to happen, we will continue to enjoy the best choice we made in recent times by switching to PioneerRx.

Tyler from U Save Pharmacy Cozad

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Absolutely LOVE this software and the people at Pioneer Rx.

An advantage over anybody that is not using Pioneer Rx software.

Pros

The features, ease of use, and mostly the customer service. I feel that I have the best software available at an affordable price to put my pharmacy in a position to succeed. Also the commitment to keep up with the ever-changing field of pharmacy. The people that I've worked with over the past few year have always amazed me with the knowledge, speed, and kindness they bring everyday.

Cons

Wholesale integration is good but could be GREAT if they could bring in a more robust and accurate rebate model to ensure we are getting the best price every time.

Chelsea from Jensen's Community Pharmacy

Wonderful customer service and support team. Easy to navigate and train other staff on.

It offers a ton of tips to help the pharmacy run and is very easy to train new staff on so everyone is on the same page!

Pros

I love how easy this system is to use. Some pharmacy software in the past was hard to follow and you had to spend time searching for different functions. This system is very easy to use and if we have issues the support team is amazing and always right at our service.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. I do not like how many up dates this system has but each week I read the update descriptions and I am good to go. The direction and layout of this software is amazing and is my top choice for any pharmacy!

Chad from Gaston Family Pharmacy

Pioneer is the best operating system I have ever used.

too many to list!

Pros

I love the ease of use, the customer service is second to none. The response times for the support reps is exceptionally quick. Support always makes it their priority to help you resolve any and all issues. I like the fact that they ask for our feedback to help improve the operating system. Having worked for a few chains and using their systems they are are really missing out.

Cons

I really can think of nothing that could make the operating system better. Continuing to listen to the users and making minor adjustments will add to the already exceptional operating system.

LAURA from GREEN WAVE PHARMACY

I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE

Pros

LOVE THE FEATURES, ELIGIBILIY CHECK, EASE OF INSURANCE RECONCILIATION, POS FEATURES A OUTSTANDING (LOVE THAT IT TELL YOU IF A PATIENT HAS ANOTHER RX WAITING TO BE PICKED UP WHEN YOU RING THEM OUT, EASE OF ITEM CHANGES LIKE ADDING ONE CHANGING ONE , SEARCHING FOR DOCTORS TO ADD TO SYSTEM AND PHARMACIES IS SO EASY, EASE OF TRANSFERING A RX WITH FAXING OPTIONS, HELP DESK IS FAST AND SUPER HELPFUL

Cons

SOMETIMES WHOLESALER PRICE UPDATES DO NOT APPLY QUICKLY OR ACCURATELY. SOME RX REJECTS ARE HARD TO FIX BY HAVING TO GO TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES TO ADD OR TAKE OUT INFO

Andrew from Discount Drug Mart

I am very happy with the pioneer software for the most part. Seems to do what it's supposed to do.

Pros

There are lots of things to love about pioneer. One of my favorite features is the ability to generate and fax a prescription transfer so that I don't have to waste my time doing it over the phone. I also like how there is a central database of doctors so that i rarely have to manually enter MD info. The ability to look up insurance info is wonderful also. Many things to like about pioneer.

Cons

I would love it if the software could generate and place our McKesson order, but I think that it's partially the fault of our corporate policies as opposed to Pioneer.

ROB from SEVEN LAKES PRESCRIPTION SHOPPE

Pioneer has streamlined our workflow. It makes perpetual inventory and ordering more efficient.

Pros

I love the support received. They are always willing to take the time to help and are quick to respond. Pioneer allowed us to streamline and grow our sync program to over 850 patients. Pioneer has allowed us to easily set up perpetual inventory for rx and retail items and order those items automatically instead of using manual processes. The reporting is great. You can really dial in to whatever metric you are looking for.

Cons

The clinical side of pioneer could be much less bulky and more user friendly. (CMRs, goal setting, CPESN, etc)

TERRI from MAN PHARMACY

Switching software is always challenging , but this switch was worth it!

Pros

I love the comprehensive reports. I love the ability to easily fax transfers. I love the ease of identifying where prescriptions are in the workflow at a glance. I also like being able to see the POS receipt for each completed prescription. The sync program is the best I've seen. It makes it really easy to convert patients and keep all their maintenance meds together. Customer support is convenient and top notch.

Cons

It is a bit of a challenge getting started. An extra day with trainers would be helpful in the beginning. We switched from 20 years of QS1 and it took a little time to adjust to the different logic. Overall, the system is heads and shoulders above our previous system.

Traci from Audubon Pharmacy

The Pioneer software has prevented errors, saved the pharmacy money and educated me on information.

Pros

I love the many ways we can manipulate the data to fit our needs. I also am very happy with the service provided when calling for help. It is definitely a company with the small business owner in mind. The way the software keeps up with the Rx's-for example if a patient has more than one we get notified and keeps them together. also great for inventory which saves time.

Cons

I cannot think of anything! If I put down something- it would probably be only my ignorance about the system. haha WELL DONE

Charli from D-Rex Pharmacy

Pioneer is so user friendly!

Nothing is coming to mind at the moment, but I know that Pioneer is always working to improve the sofeware. Keep up the great work!

Pros

The sofeware is very easy to use and can be picked up quickly even by someone that has never worked in a pharmacy setting before. Our pharmacy is always finding new ways to use the software to make our workflow more timely to give our customers a faster fills. The support team at Pioneer is always there when we have questions or concerns. They're super fast to respond to our calls and always friendly!

khaled from eastern's Pharmacy

great, as promised, punctual, flexible.

Pros

ease of use, flexibility, full view of the third party reimbursements.

Cons

can't open more than 1 script in windows at a time. i.e: If I am working on a script, and still haven't finished typing it, then a customer comes and asks for a refill, I can't leave the script that I'm working on as is. I have to "save it" to be able to get out of it. And I can't save it until at least the patient, doctor, drug, sig have been entered.

Matt from Lyons Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Pioneer is a great software for our pharmacy. Very powerful and lots of customization

Easy to navigate

Pros

Once familiar with the software, the options are pretty much endless for what you can do. Love the ability to leave critical comments that are easy for the next shift to follow up with once the patient calls back. Good workflow. Easy to find or track down any old RX, i.e. ability to search by name, drug, dispensing date, MD, etc. Generally user friendly.

Cons

Slightly larger buttons, i.e. click to call, or edit patient profile. Ability to add ins from the "edit RX screen", Click to call feature for Check screen. Integrations with other softwares, i.e. to get a patient signature via email/text. Ability to track anyone who alters an RX critical comments.

Eddie from Garfield Pharmacy

Not pleased with the conversion process.

Automation of tasks, knowing where a patient's prescription stands in the fill process, integrated POS, and more.

Pros

- User interface is nice to look at - General support line has been prompt and helpful so far - Lots of features within the software - Almost everything within the software is automated, which saves time down the line - Lots of preparation beforehand to get you ready for conversion and software use

Cons

they actually did not make it a smooth transition when it came to the live date. For example, 1. Insurances didn't convert correctly, but they fixed it by next day 2. Not enough help on site on live week. Only 1 installer was provided and he was occupied with fixing the conversion issues, not much time was left for actual walk-throughs with my staff 3. Sample of our prescription label provided to them at least 2 weeks in advance, label presented on live day looked nothing like it, which was very disappointing 4. General lack of follow up and communication from Pioneer's help team regarding problems. I had to email and ask for a supervisor to get some kind of resolution to our problems. The feeling was like they did a system conversion and neglected the issues of the customer.

Tracy from Branchville Pharmacy

Started off rocky but I enjoy working on it now! I think it is a very good pharmacy system!

Pros

Before pioneer, we never had point of sale. I love the interface between the two. It's nice you can track the workflow of rx pickups. I like the directory for doctor lookup and third parties. There is a "phone" icon button to submit any help questions....helpdesk if very quick to respond to help with rejects or just general questions.

Cons

My biggest issue is overrides. They are there but using them and picking the correct one I just can't get the hang of. It is getting better!

Lisa from Pain Specialists of Austin Pharmacy

positive

This software allows me to do my job with ease.

Pros

PioneerRx is easy to navigate and there is a high level of functionality for all of our pharmacy needs, from processing prescriptions to generating financial reports. It is also reassuring to know that the remote Support Team, as well as our local rep, are accessible and helpful in resolving most issues that arise in a timely manner.

Cons

On occasion, some of our preferred settings need to be reset after the weekly software update.

Caroline from The Medicine Shoppe

User friendly pharmacy software that has lots of extra functions!

Pros

This software is much more user friendly than other pharmacy software I've used and I've had experience with 3 other brands. If there is a report you need, Pioneer can generate just about any report you need. There are other functions such as faxing such reports, merging patients, and ease of "batching" refills to be run. Other software I have used made it difficult to edit prescriptions that had been processed. Editing prescriptions is so easy with Pioneer.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to navigate at first, until you get used to it. I had to make a lot of changes to make the software look and function how I wanted it to.

Abraham from Davis Islands Pharmacy

best pharmacy software!!

Pros

One of the most user friendly pharmacy software on the market. Great interface, every task is easy to complete; From adding a patient, to submitting a prescription to running customized reports. Great capabilities with sync, patient reminders/outreach, integration with our wholesaler and inventory. Ease of accounting and pos intergration. When we need help, the expert pioneer staff always calls us back promptly (most of the time within a minute!!).

Christina from MD Pharmacy #2

Educational, Helpful Customer Service Rep., & Awesome

Pros

Pioneer is a great software to use. It has so many options available to pharmacies to utilize with their patients needs and several ways to keep up with the state standards. Staying compliant with star-rating is also easy with the notifications that are alerted during the filling process. It makes filling prescriptions easier and more efficient.

Cons

There is not really any thing I could recommend as far as changing because the software is that great.

Elizabeth from Friends and Family pharmacy

Software has been incredibly easy to use.

Pros

I love the color coding for prescription statuses. The tabs are well-organized and generally help me find what I am looking for. I also like the ease of checking inventory in the system because it makes my job easier. The search bank for isurances is also top-notch.

Cons

None, At this time, I do not see any improvements I would consider sharing. I would like to make the font larger on the screen, but that is a function I think I can do.

Teresa from Mobley Drugs

Mobley Drugs

The numerous tabs that we can choose from are great. The tabs are organized in a way that makes it easy to find what you need. The patient tabs, items tab (Rx and Otc), immunization tab, etc, have a lot of choices to choose from that makes my job easier. The types of reports that you can choose to run are very helpful and I use the reports daily. Pioneer Rx is very user friendly and is the best pharmacy system I have ever used.

Pros

Pioneer Rx provides an abundant amount of information, reports, and ease to find what you need.

Cons

I think one thing that could make the system better is if it was easier to customize a report that is not available from the already established reports.

Sean from Empire Professional Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Very Helpful and Professional.

The ability to customize recurrent sig codes and fill dates with day supplies and ndc listings make repetitive tasks simpler and reduces user error.

Pros

The ease of use and the consistency. The Ability to customize and change functions as needed to meet our needs and those of our patients. The ability to adress and issue with a live person a click away and by phone within seconds sometimes of submitting a ticket instead of the hours I spent waiting for a reply from HBS, It has been an excellent change of pace.

Cons

The only item i'd like to see change on a whim is the ability to show both NDC's On the label of a split billed item! Everything else has been excellent and with the range of customization offered by the help desk you simply cannot go wrong.

Brent from Hereford Pharmacy

Intuitive, easy to use pharmacy software

Increased efficiency and profitability at the pharmacy

Pros

The software is very robust, yet everything is still easy to find making it a very intuitive system. New employees have picked it up after only a few days having worked different systems for years

Cons

Updates are almost too frequent. It is very hard to implement updates once you have become accustomed to processing or using the system a certain way.

Travis from Centerstone

Dealing with Pioneer is like taking a drive on Sunday with no vehicles on the road- Smooth sailing

Pros

I simply Love the fact that the customer service is extremely helpful & patient. When I first started using this system I had to call a lot, but fortunately for me The support staff was Wise helped me with my fear of this software even thou we are somewhat enemies.... Go Vols!!!

Cons

Whenever I figure that out I'll definitely let you know , but you've seriously surpassed my expectations.

Letetia from Mace's Pharmacy

Pioneer is the best pharmacy software I've used to date

Pros

I love how often they update the software and how many different functions it can perform. It would be much harder to maintain our medication sync program without this software. Customer support is always promptly available.

December 2012

Jeremy from Rawls Pharmacy, LLC

December 2012

PioneerRX review for Rawls Pharmacy

Overall, it's great software. None of the cons are that major, nor would they prevent me from purchasing the program again. I highly recommend pioneerRX.

Pros

The program is very easy to learn. Has most of the features you want in modern pharmacy software. It is easy to see detailed third party claim info. Post edit prevents a lot of lost reimbursement due to errors (especially handy when other pharmacist fill in for you that aren't too familiar with pack sizes, etc). Highly customizable. Nearly every detail of labels and reports can be formatted for your specific needs. Has all the workflow features when you need them, can be turned off when you don't. Really too many features to name each one. As far as support, the phone at pioneerRX is always answered by a person. They are very helpful, plus they are always adding new features to the program making life easier.

Cons

The only feature I have seen in other current software that isn't featured in pioneer is the ability to capture the image of a prescribers signature and attach it to their profile for easy comparison durring verification checks. There is the occasional "lost" label that never prints, but I have had this issue with other programs as well. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to change a manual price directly, instead of having to enter a sub-screen.

Kayla from Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine

PioneerRx is great to work with and has largely contributed to the success of our pharmacy.

Pros

I work in a new organization that is continuously growing, adding new specialties, and offering new services. PioneerRx software and staff are innovative and flexible enough to facilitiate our dynamic business model. I am very thankful for the PioneerRx employees who have helped me succeed in using this software to its fullest.

Cons

I would like to see more compatibility with infusion pharmacy (my apologies if this is actually already an available feature, because I would not be surprised if it was and I just missed the memo).

Jared from Cecil's Pharmacy

I have been incredibly happy with our switch to pioneer, I can't imagine what life was like before.

Pros

I love the ease with which to do everything. I have a saying about pioneer, "if you can dream it you can do it". Pioneer has made life so easy for us here at the pharmacy. I especially love the sync program, it has been the best thing for our workflow

Cons

I have been extremely happy with pioneer, I can't think of anything that I would want to change right now.

Sara from St Bethlehem Drugs

Love the software and performance

Medication sync built in, CMR links, easy to use workflow, easy inventory management, pricing and more!

Pros

I like the price for the amount of services. The direct contact with support for software and hardware services. Compounding templates and billing are much easier to understand and use. Have even been able to teach compounding technicians. Sync integration and support

Cons

more understanding with integrating omnicell and pill packaging for our patients. May just need better training.

Brenda from Medical Arts Pharmacy

Great software! Account Manager is amazing! She always goes above and beyond for us!

Pros

The ease and functionality of the software. The support we receive from our account manager. The updates, idea board....list is endless

Cons

You have to stay up on the reconciliation and call quite a bit to make sure they are getting all of your 835 files. That the POS only fully integrates with Heartland.

victoria from umc pharmacy

very easy to use

Pros

The service is great everytime there is an issue a represenitive gets in touch with the pharmacy manager very quikly. Its very simple to use I started using the software and in a few days I had the system pretty much down, and it was a bit different from what I use to work on i like this very much!

Cons

when editing scripts it would be better if there were just a save button to prevent from waisting so much paper

John from McLaughlin Pharmacy inc.

Pioneer has far exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Pioneer is very easy to use and the ability to search for insurance information on a patient and to search for doctor information is invaluable. Those features save so much time which saves us money. I have worked on several other software systems and Pioneer is by far the best I have used.

Sara from St. B Drugs

Pioneerrx

provides Accuracy, Dependable customer service, ease of use is much better than previous used software!

Pros

Customer Support. Screen shot problems and they call back immediately. By far best in business.

Cons

Difficulty of MAR and sigs. Once learning curve established it has gotten better.

Tamer from MedTime Pharmacy

I couldn't Imagine starting my pharmacy without the help of Pioneer, They held my hand from day one.

Pros

I love the training they offer for new Techs and i LOVE the support system they have in place. My account manager knows all my staff and she is there always for me. I remember the first couple of weeks how they assigned a person just for me to help me out. #priceless

Cons

I would like to see automated report printed (old will call, cycle counts...) rather than manual printing.

Maria from Clinica Pharmacy

Challenging at first, with use it became easy.

Pros

Everyday tasks like, digital persona makes it easy when changing users and logging in, color codes when looking in profiles easy to identify status of prescriptions.

Cons

Some features, for example on inventory, when generating order if you get out you loose any changes you did to order, have to start over. When generating order you don't know if item is in stock until you place order.