• Pros

• "It is easy to use and change things on the back end. For admins this was key."

• "It is very user-friendly and allows each user to access all necessary data for their particular role. "

• "I like the cost as other software's are much more expensive. I also like that an expansion can be added to included personal accounts so I can have a invoice to send to clients days later."

• Cons

• "Price and some of the functionality were the only cons. Good product though."

• "Sometimes the screens could be a little better quality, but other than that there is nothing negative to say about POSItouch."

• "It can sometimes pull reports that are very wordy and long instead of concise and short, but that is a really small con. "

Browse POSitouch Reviews

Marie from Self-employed at Mama Maries LLC

Great POS system, lots of functionality options

This product saved time and allowed us to convert an entire national restaurant chain over from hand written tickets. It was easy to make the software uniform nationwide, and also customize specialty items in different areas of the country.

Pros

I liked that this software was easy to learn and customize. You can easily make changes to your menu and implement them right during your dinner rush if necessary without crashing the system. It offers multiple conveniences like gift card transactions, splitting checks, adding gratuity, adjusting food item modifiers and sending messages to employees on their time card.

Cons

It was not as easy to install on the handheld devices that we used at my restaurant. The programming is not user friendly on small hand held screens, although there are not many software programs out there that display properly on small screens.

Arpita from Reggae Shack Cafe, Inc.

Robust POS software!

We've used POSitouch for close to 10 years. Compared to other POS systems I have used, it has the best reporting for payroll, which makes entry really easy, especially if you do payroll in house. The Daily Sales Report is PERFECT - it has all the necessary information on one sheet. There are other things that could be simplified to make more user-friendly - refunds is the main one. Overall, this is an excellent POS system. I hope they are able to compete with cloud-based technology, and move towards that with its existent robust reporting.

Pros

Reporting Payroll and time sheets Information is saved forever Not cloud-based Installation and support is good Can integrate with video monitoring

Cons

Processing refunds/payment adjustments/adjusting CC tips - overrings are too complicated, and few trained employees ever fully understood it, I even had to make a flow chart to help supervisors choose the right type of refund. I know they do this to make it harder to steal, but I still think it could be simplified. Even adjusting CC tips - just too many steps. Need to match credit card batch to DSR daily before settling - although it's good to review the batch to make sure there isn't anything wrong or there wasn't a huge tip accidentally entered, the communication between POS and credit card batch wasn't always perfect. If there's a glitch - like a power outage - then they system does not communicate properly to the cc batch. It's not cloud-based, which has it's benefits, but the con is that you don't have access to the reporting without being physically there or logged in remotely. They do have some kind of cloud reporting, but it's not live. But the good thing about not being cloud-based is that the system itself is more robust, and the reporting options are extensive. Pricey - big initial investment, but it will last a long time. We've had ours for almost 10 years, and got a couple of major updates during that time, which were also costly.

Brad from 5Church LLC

Possibly worst POS Software for Restaurants

Customer service is always quick and helpful, but the software itself is poor.

Pros

Somewhat basic functions are easy for FOH members to learn.

Cons

Mid shift reporting form terminals is very lacking. Software glitchy and lots of errors. Wastes TONS of paper as it requires printing a check after EVERY change on a guest check.

Leigh from DAC Products

Industry: Building Materials

Hands down, the best ever restaurant software

In a restaurant setting, there are all sorts of things that can go wrong. Servers and bartenders are always moving quickly and they need to be able to communicate EVERYTHING they need the kitchen to know on one small piece of paper. POSitouch allows you to do this and prevents so many problems from occuring. Need to fix a transaction, no problem. There's no time wasted digging around trying to find it, all your transactions are easy to access. These days everyone is trying to complicate restaurant software. Why? That just makes everyone's job more difficult. POSitouch gets it. Really gets it.

Pros

Everything is right where you need it to be when you need it to be there. You can type in or select modifications easily, they just don't complicate it. It took me one day to learn it and two or three to feel comfortable. There are other POS systems that I used for years and still don't understand fully. POSitouch is my all time favorite.

POSI Review

Pros

It is easy to use and change things on the back end. For admins this was key.

Cons

Price and some of the functionality were the only cons. Good product though.

Reasons for Choosing POSitouch

Reasons for Switching to POSitouch

The old system was outdated and going out of business

James from La Felice Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

If you’re a delivery restaurant do not waste your money

Horrible all they do is give you the runaround no one knows how to give me what they promised they keep telling me that they got a call this person or called that person and no one ever called me back horrible company to deal with there’s always someone for technical help but when you ask them or tell them what you need no one knows how to do anything but maybe one guy and it’s harder than hell to get that one guy

Pros

If you’re a delivery restaurant do not waste your money. The sales team came out promised me everything under the sun this thing would do everything, turns out it will not do anything and then they want me to spend more money on equipment that I was under the impression or told I would already have on top of that it will not map like promised it will not do anything at all as promised they will just tell you what you wanna hear to get your money do not waste your money at all especially if you have a delivery service like me I received absolutely no training on how to close how to transfer checks how to do anything I spent all my time on the phone and I cannot run my restaurant properly because of the system my last system was 20 years old and by far better for me than the system I don’t know how it runs bars and regular sit down restaurants but anything to do with delivery simple don’t waste your money so worst mistake I made

Cons

Nothing worked as promised by the sales team absolutely nothing works

Reasons for Choosing POSitouch

Because the sales team promise me everything and produced nothing

Reasons for Switching to POSitouch

My system was old so I thought about going with a new system the old system didn’t take chip cards or have had help that’s what they sold me on

Amber from Killearn United Methodist Church

POSitouch

Pros

This was not my favorite POS sytem that I worked with, but with that being said, I think it was one of the harder ones for servers to manipulate.

Cons

It wasn't as user friendly as some of the other systems I have used. But it was nice to be able to customize it.

Used this for POS and inventory at a large restaurant group.

Sarah from Macatawa Bay Yacht Club

Got what we paid for.

Able to serve customers.

Pros

Cons

It is not easy to use on either the back of the house or the front. The company has learned how to deal with the issues. Trying to split a check has been a problem and so has the system allowing two items to be name the same thing (it is hard to tell one item from another).

Easy way to track sales and individual performance in a POS system

Pros

POSitouch is probably the easiest POS software I've ever used. It allows you to log your inventory, generate financial reports and also keep track of employee performance. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Cons

There not really any issues I have in particular with POSitouch - it does what it's meant to do and then some, however, it could benefit from a visual facelift. The user experience isn't necessarily 'fun'.

laurent from Food

not any customer service

no benefits

Pros

i'm not sure what i like the most, maybe the color of the appliances, the screens, the printers or whatever.

Cons

they can not be more rude on the phone, especially if you need to remodel or to change option, or for training purposes

Amanda from Brunos pizza

Pretty great

Pros

I love how accurate it was. Saved time. It's very easy to use. I wouldn't use a different one. Perfect

Gabby from University

I absolutely think that this system is worth the investment. Great system.

Quick, easy, simple. You just need to take the time to learn.

Pros

I am a server and we use this system in our restaurant to communicate with the bar and kitchen. This system saves time and confusion while operating a restaurant. I can push ordered through while I am still at a table.

Joseph from Macatawa Bay Yacht Club

At a very basic level, the system is fine. The User Interface needs a lot of work.

Pros

The POSItouch system has a solid basic structure for handling memberships, and basic orders. Better than paper.

Cons

Having to close out chits one at a time at the end of the night. You should be able to highlight multiple chits and close out all that are verified to a membership already.