• Pros

• "Very easy to order or for anyone to learn the system "

• "The software is very user friendly. Customer service and sales team are extremely helpful."

• "Easy to use, plenty of storage capacity. A pleasure for any delivery/carry-out or dine in."

• Cons

• "Not really anything except for would like to see a few more customizable features for reports. "

• "Tablet station capability limited. Needs to be more responsive to touch."

• "Just wish the ""mapping" feature was better. The current program can be very difficult to read."

Browse Microworks Prism POS Reviews

Steve from Krave Pizzeria

Return to Microworks

My original purchase was a Upserve system because it was a cloud based. That was a total mistake. The Upserve system was not designed for a take out pizza business. I used Microworks in the early 2000's and decided to go back and see what they had to offer. I am very satisficed I went back!

Pros

This software if fantastic for a take out delivery pizzeria operation. The ease of adding menu items or coupons is very user friendly. I love the Google Maps integration, credit cards, and gift cards.

Cons

The back end reports could be more user friendly and the inventory module is a bit cumbersome. I still have not gotten the inventory where it needs to be. Maybe customers could pay for help setting this up during the initial set up? I would love a cloud option so I could make updates and work from home.

Reasons for Switching to Microworks Prism POS

Was not build for take out/delivery pizzeria

james from Bella Pizza

Bella pizza pos

Every department I have ever needed has been exceptional. Always on making sure my issues or questions have been answered.

Pros

I have been in business for 29 years. I have used a POS for 21 of them. Prism is by far the most user friendly, easy to learn for employees.

Cons

The mapping for delivery area needs to be more accurate.

Reasons for Switching to Microworks Prism POS

I got it in 1998 and it was way past due.

Darwin from Papas Pizza

Wish they can add a app

I been using them since 2011, but 10 years later they still don’t have a app to make it easier for the customers just to download the app from the restaurant and start their order right away like Slice, GrubHub, Uber, Door Dash etc. costumers shouldn’t be tapping in the website every time they want to place an order way too many steps ! I hope they get an App soon that works with the POS together otherwise is not worth it anymore.

Pros

It’s easy to navigate and most employees will be able to know how to use it with in 2 weeks.

Cons

We already 2021 and the only thing this company is missing is a APP

Vaughn from Caesars Italian Rest

Microworks Works Well and saves Time

We absolutely loved the system before 8. Used it for 7 years with very little problem. It was wonderful. What the system figures said I believed but now I have to wonder sometimes. When we switched we purchased all new computers new wires etc. Your tech people try there best to get things straitened out . But we are still not there. I wonder If we got your new router if that would correct things?

Pros

We used RapidFire for 10 years. We were well satisfied but they went out of business. I was in a hury to replace the system quickly because the computers were failing. Looked in the pizza magazines saw your add and downloaded the sample. We were impressed with Prism .It did so much more than Rapidfire. I made a quick decision to purchase the sytem. We like the back of the house programs for bookkeeping. The system was easy to use . A new girl can learn the system in 2 days. The delivery part is very well thought out and easy to use. The web ordering is also great. This was your sytem before 8

Cons

With the new system all the features are even better,but the system runs slower for example when assigning drivers to 3 deliveries and the save button is hit there is a delay of 15 seconds before the transaction is complete. We also have credit card issues . If the internet goes out for just a moment the card is approved but not taken off the slip. It is entered on the card company report but not on Prism report. The screens are harder to push than before. The screens go to a light color same times and lock up. A new hiccup just started If you hit status for driver then try end report it stays and have to shut screen off to get it to go away. Also we have had issues with the printers stop working because of too many print jobs in memory. That problem may have been resolved. WE need coupons that ring up all items for a special . Also need coupons to change color for active.

Wesley from DCW Enterprises Inc

Micro Works Prism POS

I have been using them for 20 years for a reason.

Pros

The hardware is very easy to install. All of the programs are preinstalled. I ran my own communication cable and with Micro Works you just plug and play. The instructions and diagrams are easy to follow. The software is very stable and doesn't crash. I almost think support is a waste of money because I have so few problems. Their support team are very pleasent to talk to and know what they are doing.

Cons

I have no problems with the hardware or the software.

Reasons for Choosing Microworks Prism POS

It was reasonably priced and had the features we were looking for.

Leonardo from Mona Lisa Pizzeria & Ristorante Inc

OUTSTANDING!!!

Amazing! Great Customer Service

Pros

I will never change this POS for any POS out there Amazing service , easy to work and and very detailed but not to the point that is complicated,!its perfect and my delivery is on the DOTS.

Cons

Delivery system and closing the day are very easy

The amazing sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Toast is a ripped off

Kyle from Big Daddy Pizza LLC

Good Operating Software

Have had a couple hiccups but all in all has been an excellent program to use. We use it everyday. Easy to get ahold of customer service and they always have take care of an issues that arise.

Pros

Easy to use Setup was super easy Training is exactly what the employees use when they go live Excellent Customer service

Reasons for Choosing Microworks Prism POS

The employees from Microworks are great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great. They always are there for you

Mary from TJs Deli and Catering

Microworks Prism POS

Very helpful no matter which department you deal with!! Very happy with my choice of P OS providers

Reasons for Choosing Microworks Prism POS

Came highly recommended by another company using the software.

Ina from Kingston Pizza

Microworks Prism POS works for us.

We have found that we are capturing a lot of add on charges, such as extra sides, etc. We also have fewer mistakes on the orders due to poor handwriting.

Pros

We have found this software easy to use by our staff.

Cons

We found the Customer Account feature to be a little limited in that it is not exportable to an accounting software program such as Quick-books.

Salvatore from Ciccino's Inc

Ciccino's Review

Been using for 21.years..very happy with product and service.

Pros

Simple to use..user freindly..easy to train staff on. Integrates takeout, delivery, dine in seemlessy. Great web based ordering

Cons

Tablet station capability limited. Needs to be more responsive to touch.

Reasons for Choosing Microworks Prism POS

Because of simple platform and local NY business

Megan from Godfathers Pizza

Best Value POS System

Pros

Fairly user friendly, lots of customization with how orders are entered, and the online prism reporting works wonderfully for our head office. Tech support & the menus team are extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and always a big help.

Cons

The inventory system does not meet our needs. Online ordering could be more user-friendly.

stu from College Inn

So simple

Easy customer support too. Never a problem getting help.

Pros

Cons

Can't think of anything. It's not hard to make any changes or updates, I've got nothing negative to say.

Pete from Joe's Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

Took my business to the next level

Pros

Ease of use Reliable software and equipment. Good customer support.

Cons

Server tills could be made easier to understand at the end of the night.

Reasons for Choosing Microworks Prism POS

Online reputation and affordability.

Jeffrey from Mr Shoes Pizza

Best Pizza POS Ever!

Pros

Decreases order taking time significantly with its ease of use.

Cons

Everything integrated perfectly and we were even able to seamlessly add an e-ordering provider.

Fernando from Restaurant

Owner

Pros

Very easy to order or for anyone to learn the system

Cons

I loved it the software very easy to my staff to learn in one day

Kati from Bc pizza kalkaska

Pos

Awesome

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to get assistance too

Cons

Really nothing to change.we love it. Great