What are Rain POS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Rain POS software through verified user reviews

• icon"Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month."
  • icon"They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better."
  • icon"I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying."
  • icon"I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file."
  • icon"Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks."
  • icon"I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling."

Browse all Rain POS Reviews

• Have you used Rain POS and would like to share your experience with others?

Carolyn

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

very good company to work with

Travis

Industry: Music

Excellent for Music Stores!

Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

Pros

We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

Cons

One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Overall features: website/online platform integration, ease of use, extensive initial training and mobile friendly platform.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

AIMsi was very antiquated and not user friendly. Support was spotty and typically condescending. At the time there was no seamless website integration and we were tied to licenses on desktop machines. That is not very useful when we're on the road at a school and need to access our POS.

Tee

Great System for Small Business

By going to a cloud based system I am able to keep inventory updated when I am at a trade show or selling product online. The integration with Notions Marketing is a time savor. I no longer have to manually add price, description or photos. Everyone comes over when I place my order with Notions. The ability to download data to excel, make changes then upload it back to Rain is simple and makes mass updates seamless.

Pros

As a small business it is difficult to manage technology without an IT Department. I wanted to take my business online and struggled to find a solution that was affordable, easy to use and had good customer support. RAIN not only met my goals but exceeded them. Their customer support is what sets them ahead of their competition.

Cons

There are a couple of features I wish they would improve on. The most important to me are Customer Rewards. It doesn't allow online orders to use their rewards and the accrued reward is a dollar amount they can spend when I need it to be a % off.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

They offered a product that met both my retail instore POS needs but also got my business online without much effort. The implementation came with a web design, importing existing data from my old system and was most affordable for a business of my size.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

I wanted to take my products online with ease.

Nick

March 2022

Great POS, Horrible customer service support.

Pros

Easy to use and has great functionality. Could have a little bit more functionality than it has to make it great. However they need more people to fix bugs and enact on others suggestions to develop the product further. Customer Support is a joke!

Cons

Customer Support is a joke! I contacted support about a glitch. I told them to call me because I broke my wrist and easier to explain than typing it out. They refused to call me as if their time was more valuable in R&D than fixing bugs. I cant type with a broken wrist. All this is one fingered.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Realtime had 2 guys working for them and all i got was "sorry" everytime something went wrong. Sack of sorrows.

Korissa

Still waiting

Would never do business with them again.

Pros

I liked the ability to merge data with Moda supplier.

Cons

Website was ordered in October, was partially finished at my pressing except one page and was delivered end of November. Multiple ignored requests. Multiple missed meetings with no explanation. Still have not completed the last page and I have had to still pay a monthly payment since October.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Was sold on their ability to gain customers and market the website. None of that is true. Have had zero sales and zero marketing.

Michelle

Lost 100% of Business

Not worth your time to let these people take your money for no return.

Pros

The price was acceptable to begin the process. The functionality of the website/software was good.

Cons

Zero support. Everyone I spoke to put off the issues and claimed that I needed to do x..y..& z. We seriously lost 100% of our business since switching to Rain. We have now had to go back to Amazon after making zero sales on the new Rain website.

Rosanne

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

We are very pleased with the software and support!

Good!

Pros

Easy to learn, install, and use. Reports are easy to understand. Customer support when you call in is EXCELLENT

Cons

There are some things inherent in our business that it does not accommodate AND they have not updated. We've asked for some additional options and they've not happened.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

The ability to work within our quilt-shop parameters. Using quantities that are not integers, etc.

Stacy

March 2022

Don't do it!

Not ready for prime time. Too many unresolved issues. They have a bug reporting system with no follow up? RAIN is also incredibly lacking in support for multi-store operations. I could tell them what, and how to fix, many of the problems, but it seems they don't really want to know. I think they want to sit back and collect processing fees and don't really care about the actual efficiency or user experience of the product. I have 40 years of experience designing and supporting POS systems and databases and other retail software in actual retail environments. No system is perfect for every business, but flexibility and responsiveness is paramount. I asked them to call me me sometime if they'd like some tips from an actual retail professional. I doubt I will hear from them.

Pros

Cloud based. No software to support or maintain.

Cons

Lack of support and woeful capabilities for multi-store operations.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

NA I did not choose it. Ans I likely would not have.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

RMS End of life. Otherwise I was not consulted on the choice of RAIN. I had reviewed it a couple years earlier and decided there were too many deficiencies in key features.

Overall review of Rain POS

Overall experience has been 90% positive, & with help from tech support, makes it easy to identify areas we need to improve our knowledge of the system

Pros

Ability to track sales & purchases on a daily basis if needed

Cons

Length of time that it takes to make requested changes in the software

Sondra

We love RAIN POS

I highly recommend RAIN. Having our inventory on our website has been so helpful and using RAIN has been very easy for my team to learn.

Pros

I love that Rain POS integrates with a website! I also love that RAIN continues to listen to suggestions and strives to add new features.

Cons

There are some reports that would be helpful.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Cloud based. Better price.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

I wanted a website that featured our products and could tie into our POS inventory. I made the switch when RAIN developed a relationship with our largest vendor, Notions Marketing. That has made adding inventory into our system so much easier.

Gwen

Customer support is awesome

Wonderful

Pros

Easy to use, and help with inventory and daily and year end reports

Cons

We have no suggestions for any new features we would like to see.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

recommended by other small retil shops

Cost and ease of use

Marie

Great product

Inventory management

Pros

Built in videos and the ability to view both of my stores inventory

Cons

I’d love if it worked with Comment Sold and Ship Station

Web based

They closed

Cindy

Great system!!!

I had this when I had my yarn store in Alaska. I moved to Tennessee and opened a new store 2 years later and all they had to do way change my information and I was up and running again, all my inventory was intact and functioning. Totally awesome!!!

Pros

It’s easy to use and the customer service is awesome. You get a live person 24/7. (that speaks and understands English)

Cons

It doesn’t work on my ipad, which is what I use in my store, instead of a full computer system. So I either have to call and ask you guys to fix stuff or wait till I get home on my Mac. (If it can wait, I’ll make notes as to what I need to do then, wait till I get home, but if not, I call you)

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

They weren’t maintaining that system any longer

Claudia

Love Rain POS

They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Pros

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Cons

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

They had a website umbrella built specifically for our type of store. We are able to sell things in a way that no other website/POS provider would allow us to do.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

We were not able to use Shopkeep with our online store, so controlling inventory was quite difficult.

Bonita

Best software for quilting shops.

Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Pros

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

Cons

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

It was designed for quilting. They understand all of the pins and needles.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

TRS was retiring their dos system.

Roger

Industry: Music

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Pros

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Cons

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Price, integrated marketing features and the ability to "push" items to Reverb.com.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Price at first - Lightspeed wanted us to pay 40% MORE than we did previously and provide us less.

Christina

Happy Customer

I am very happy and I don't plan on ever using anything else.

Pros

I love that inventory reflects between shopping instore or online.

Cons

No is perfect and sometimes there are bug they get worked out.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Because I have a web development degree and I knew what they had was more advanced than the others out on the market.

Mary Virginia

Love this system!

I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Pros

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Cons

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

The reps presented the information well. They answered any question I had and were willing to show me on a demo. The nicest people work here.

NATE

Make the switch to Rain!

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Pros

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Cons

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

It was a simple but dated system that wasn't meeting our needs.

Sam

Like Sew POS Review

Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros

We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Cons

It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

Ease of use, simplicity of architecture, direct web integration and an offering specifically tailored to the sewing/quilting industry

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

WIndward was an excellent ERP level system with integrated accounting, however, it was technically complex, did not integrate easily to a web site, would have cost a significant amount to integrate web and shop data for sales and inventory management, and incurred significant annual/recurring maintenance charges

Karen

Rain POS

It works pretty well for me with some things that I would like to change.

Pros

We have used Rain POS for many years. I appreciate that I can do so many facets of my business from one platform. POS, online sales, integrated inventory management, emails, and merchant services.

Cons

I would really like to have shipping integrated - when an order is placed, that it would be integrated with a shipping service like Shippo, which is what I use. The automatic emails would be useful if I could choose the products that were shown - like what is on sale. The automatic choices were so ridiculous - something old that was worthless in our system - instead of something we really wanted to promote.

Molly

Industry: Textiles

Rain/LikeSew vs GoDaddy

I am glad I took the plunge, put in the work, with the help of friends, and moved the shop over to Rain/LikeSew this past summer. It was worth the hard work and effort. I can now offer my customers specials and appreciation programs, keep up with inventory and manage files more efficiently.

Pros

LikeSew is more precise at managing my inventory and handling the day-to-day business of running my fabric store than GoDaddy ever was. I now know exactly how much inventory I have on hand and it's value and what categories it falls into.

Cons

There could be some improvements in the email marketing program and the inventory receipt areas.

Reasons for choosing Rain POS

I had used Shopify at a friends business and I didn't like it.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

I had no control over inventory management and it was time to renew my GoDaddy products.

Pheobe

An Outstanding POS System

I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pros

I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Cons

I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Rain Retail made me an offer that I was looking for.

don

Don

Customer service is excellent

Pros

Email and product search and managing the web site

Cons

I am very happy with all of the features.

Liz

easy to use

It was easy to start using - the help button makes it easy to looking questions up and the tech support is great.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add inventory and update the website as needed

Cons

the sizing and rotating of photos that I take

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

I needed a better retail system and having the website on it is great.

4.3/5 out of 120 reviews