• Pros

• "I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze."

• "The multiple features from entering a person once. I love how everything meshes with the other parts when it comes to inventory and people. Makes my life so much easier."

• "We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose."

• Cons

• "Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved."

• "It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge."

• "none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer."

Browse Rain POS Reviews

Nic from Busch Gardens

Industry: Music

Brought new life to my store!

Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pros

Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Cons

The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

Roger from The Drum Shop

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Pros

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Cons

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

Price, integrated marketing features and the ability to "push" items to Reverb.com.

Sissy from Fretless Bass LTD DBA Fretwell Bass

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

Pros

So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

Cons

The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Sam from Cherry Tree Quilts

Like Sew POS Review

Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros

Cons

It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

Ease of use, simplicity of architecture, direct web integration and an offering specifically tailored to the sewing/quilting industry

Lance from The Book Barn

Rain POS

Pros

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Cons

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Ande from Craftworks - NORTHBORO

Our thoughts

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Pros

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Cons

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

I have met members of the team at a couple of trade shows and was impressed with their level of customer service.

Travis from Carl's Pro Band

Rain Review

The autopay rental feature has helped expedite our rental processing immensely! Integration with our online store and Reverb has been great.

Pros

Autopay function, Online (email) payment option, Online store & Reverb integration

Cons

We have had several glitches, but most of them have been worked out relatively quickly. The features that would be incredibly helpful in our shop and industry are: -Maintenance Agreement tracking module -Batch Invoicing module (to be able to input large inventories of instruments in one batch and print -Instagram feed module for website

Susan from Cotton Boll Quilting

review

I no longer complete paper tickets for customer purchases and then need to summarize for taxes. At the end of a vending sale day, I know how we did with the push of a button.

Pros

end of day Reports and access to information about my inventory

Cons

lack of reports that can help with inventory report submissions to the state

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

combined point of sale and website inventory. easy implementation of online sales.

Patricia from HEAVENLY THREADS QUILT SHOP

Like Sew Software

In the beginning support was good and they really seem to care about helping your business grow. Now they want to add stuff that I don't need and keep raising the price

Pros

I originally like the fact that the POS interacted with the suppliers . Made it easy to load inventory into the system. Now they are raising the cost so much it really does not pay for itself.

Cons

The cost is high for a same business to use.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

In the beginning they were leading in development of a specialized POS for the industry. Also the price was less

Karl from Cedaero

Industry: Sporting Goods

Rain Retail attempts browser-based POS, but it doesn't quite work.

I wish I could get some hours back that I spent entering new product variants. Antiquated desktop-based POS systems I've used in the past were far more functional and efficient.

Pros

The layouts were clean and simple. The customer support was generally responsive when we needed their help.

Cons

Adding new product variants was a herculean task. The browser-based architecture was a good idea but lacked the efficiency to make it responsive. Overall it was very laggy on all of our computers, new and old.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

Cost. Though we eventually switched to Litespeed POS because it works better and integrates with our bicycle parts distributor's system.

Reeze from Morning Glory Designs

Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business.

It was easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

Cons

I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Pros

This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Cons

There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

Jeremy from The Acoustic Shoppe LLC

The POS system that I was looking for.

I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

Cons

There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Andrea from Musician Supply

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

Pros

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Cons

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Miles from musiciansupply

The future of how small businesses survive

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pros

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating. Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Cons

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Todd from Banks Surf Supply

User friendly POS/Website for a small business.

Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds. I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task. Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone. Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service. Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Pros

Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Allen from Outer Banks Boarding Company

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pros

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Cons

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Miles from musiciansupply

Industry: Music

Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business

Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction. RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains. Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where. Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received. Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pros

integration

Cons

still developing some features

Mark from Big Apple Music

Great user friendly POS

We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want. Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus. Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet. We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pros

Tons of features and easy to use.

Cons

To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

Daniel from Pinewski's Ski Shop

Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop

We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Pros

simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Cons

the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

Karen from Home a la mode, LLC

Top notch POS

Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Pros

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Cons

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

Moda recommended this software. Our daughter, worked for them, and highly recommended Rain POS.

Kathi from The Jack of Arts

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pros

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Cons

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Peter from South Shore Music Co., Inc

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

Pros

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Cons

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Tawni from InterQuilten

Good

For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pros

I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Cons

Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

No specialty hardware to purchase was very attractive.

Barbara from Scrappy Patches Quilt Shop

Rain software

Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Pros

Cons

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

I had heard of the software a little. The price was one of the game factors.

Dagmar from Turquoise Threads

Rain POS / Like Sew Website Review

I really benefit from the synced inventory. Overall, my experience with the POS and customer service has been positive.

Pros

It manages the inventory in real time between store and online purchases. Now that I have learned how to manage the website, it is easy to frequently change the home page, add new inventory and create promotions. The inventory catalog is a major time saver.

Cons

There are some surprising disconnects: although a customer is set up with 10% discount, the discount will only apply automatically when purchasing in the store. Somehow the store customer and the (same) web customer are not connected. Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Steven from Find x Designs Inc

Great POS

We have been with Rain POS from the beginning and the improvements have been great. Customer service is very good. Very pleased overall.

Pros

Very easy to use and get employees up to speed quickly. Lots of features to improve sales and inventory control.

Cons

All the features can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you start with the basics, its easy to add additional features as you go along.

Nate from Marks guitar shop

Getting better all the time

Pros

I love the website/pos integration. Having your inventory line up is priceless. Also, the recent Reverb.com integration is going to be nice. There’s some bugs to work out but it’s getting there.

Cons

I understand the developers update/fix issues in order of Priority but it does take a long time to get support tickets cleared up.

Brian from One World Dive & Travel

Industry: Sporting Goods

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Pros

Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons

Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

Jana from My Favorite Quilt Shop

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

Pros

its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Valerie from Stitc 'N TIme Fabrics

Great!

Pros

Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Jonathan from PA Music Centre

RAIN Review

Generally Positive. Going into a year of use, we are running up against some feature and programming weaknesses, particularly on the accounting side.

Pros

Interface, ease of use

Cons

It is not as strong on accounting as I would like. There are errors propagated through voided transactions which inaccurately influence the reports and sometimes even customer balances.

Clinton from Rain

Great seamless system with Web and POS

Pros

Customer Tracking Inventory Tracking Website Managment Integration with inventory for POS and Web

Cons

Hard to discuss timelines with customers Not a lot of development time to accommodate every enhancement request

Valerie from Stitch 'N Time Fabrics

Great Point of Sale Software

Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pros

The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Cons

Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

David from Enumclaw Music

Industry: Music

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

Pros

Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

Cons

Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

Rental and class features and integration with Reverb.

Shawn from Designer/quilt shop

Happy, but I need just a bit more

Happy, just keep the costs down. Remember we are not selling iPhones or over-priced clothes. The wholesale cost of fabric is inching up there with shipping.I have to sell a lot of fabric just to cover my costs to you.

Pros

Easy to use for the most part, I can talk to an actual person on the phone and they don't have a made up English name.

Cons

I need to put Categories on sale without the whole site on sale or going to each individual item in that category like I have to do now. I want to upload my own pretty newsletter and not have it get distorted. Using the newsletter feature on the site is boring.

Janice from Quilts & More

Since the initial set up very good.

We just finished entering all of our stock so now it should make my life easier, the book work is done, customer base takes care of itself.

Pros

Cons

I was not really happy with my start up experience, the first person would say to watch this video, watch that video, I'm more of a hands on, show me once and I've got it, kind of person.

Tami from The Paper Forest, Inc.

Never worked, horribly inaccurate migration of sales history

Unfortunately, all I got was a whole lot of wasted time and a loss of money for absolutely nothing. I really wanted it to work, and it might have, had they been able to migrate my sales history.

Pros

my contact was really nice. I was very excited about the integration aspects of the software, unfortunately I was never able to use them.

Cons

I was initially assured our sales history could be migrated. Later I received an email saying it could not. I responded that was unacceptable and I did not wish to continue with the software. It is useless to us without it. I was reassured if I exported the data in the correct formats, it would work. We spent three days checking the data to assure a high level of accuracy and sent it in the requested formats. I was told the migration team would take care of the rest. Untrue. We spent weeks, rechecking the data which was horrifically incorrect. We sent several punch lists. Some of the errors were fixed but often we were told "we don't know why this is happening". Even simple yes/no columns in our spreadsheets were randomly incorrect. Were we told we would just have to manually check all the data; over 3000 customers and 19000 sales receipts. We worked for three months, 100s of hours and have never been able to go live due to all of the errors. I couldn't enter employees in the system without them being an administrator, which they classified as a "glitch" and told me to use a different computer than the one at work. I have desperately tried to get these issues corrected. When I requested a refund they said the fees were non-refundable after the migration is complete. My migration was never complete and I requested not to continue with them if they were unable to migrate my sales history, before they started the migration. This system did not work as advertised and sold to me.

Jed from Trail Mark

Worst POS ever?

I’ve been suffering through the Rainbow pOS for the past three years. Hands down the worst POS I’ve ever encountered. Only reason we haven’t changed is the hassle of doing so. Once you become a Rain user you’ll have access to a feature that helps to recommend what features you’d like to see. This is probably the best feature only because I can see how every other user of Rain is as frustrated as I am. They keep saying they are making improvements but nothing ever changes.

Pros

Rain is cloud based software. It’s pretty inexpensive compared to others Works on any computer with internet.

Cons

Reporting is lacking Have to click three buttons to print a receipt Glitchy and buggy Inability to remove items from orders that don’t ship complete Customer service is lacking

skye from Heartbeat Quilting

Hands down the worst customer service

My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Cons

As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

Jen from A Little Knitty

So Happy

I adore this system and tell everyone about it

Pros

It is super intuitive and easy to work with. I can start a new volunteer in the shop with very little training and they just get it.

Cons

Sometimes I wish I could enter new products easier when I'm filling out a PO. I feel like I have to save a draft and go back to products a lot

Rick from Six Mile Quilting

Easy to work with, excellent customer service

Pros

Web based software. My items are easily found on the internet. I love the ability to set re order points. I like the reports that we currently have.

Cons

difficult to order from the vendors. needs to be easier. I wish that the link to Quickbooks were more detailed in the daily dump

Nate from Mark's Guitar Shop

Getting better all the time

This system has streamlined the way we do business. It has connected our pos with our website so everything remains current and accurate. Plus, they're consistently listening and updating the features for our industry (musical retail).

Pros

Website/pos integration

Cons

Lack of a way to track consignments or process trades

Jan from The Cherry pit

like sew

Ease of communication

Pros

Check out and inventory is easier and employees caught on quickly

Cons

That not all companies are on board. It would be great if all companies (fabric and notions) were on board, Check in is so much easier

Chris from The Rookery

My initial experience was great. Now that I'm into year 2, not so great. No consistency in data.

The ability to link my inventory to my website.

Pros

I like the link between my inventory and the website. The program is somewhat intuitive so the ease of training staff is great.

Cons

Every time there is an update less of my product is picked up by my scanner. Moda inventory is easy than not available; no consistency. There is no easy way other than a bulk download to scan through products and update or delete.

Kristen from Ninabrook Creative Crafting Inc

Very easy to set up but takes some time. The help we get from RAIN is awesome!

An all-in-one solution for our travelling and online business.

Pros

It's integration into our inventory and reports. The ability to customized the interface for my team.

Cons

It doesn't work as easily for Canadian companies. I would definitely recommend it 100% if they become more Canadian focused.

Lawrence from MERALCO

Awesome Features

Pros

I love most about Rain aside from it's features is how helpful and accommodating their customer service representatives are.

Cons

I just experienced minor bugs on the system but their customer service resolves the issue quickly. It was a good experience overall.

June 2015

Vince from Aquan Sports

June 2015

Best Cloud Based POS System

Rain Retail's cloud based system is awesome. We used it for our water sport retail shop in Northern California. Easy to use, powerful, lots of good features to make life for us much easier than our previous 2 POS systems. We really love the website and inventory integration. Our website and on-line store is awesome and easy to manage. All of our staff loved the ease... Their customer support is incredible. You actually talk to a real person in Utah! They are customer driven and are adding and enhancing features constantly. Keep up the good work, Rain.

Response from Rain Retail Software

Replied June 2015

Thanks for the great review, Vince! It's a pleasure to work with you!

Annette from Scuba Commander

Rain Point of Sale review from the Scuba Diving Industry

We switched to Rain POS 2.5 years ago. Customer service has been wonderful. There are some unique parts to our industry that are addressed with this tool, such as a rental program. We specifically like that the POS and Website are all on the same platform and are easy to update by us. This allows us to easily make changes to our on line shopping tool as well as marketing tools. We would highly recommend this for small to medium size businesses.

rylan from MUSIC WORKS

absolutely awful customer service that is slow and unresponsive

Pros

everything promised about the software has turned out to not be true. they promised cataloging be done for the import of my inventory and they never delivered that.

Cons

it doesn't integrate with my credit card machine that was designed specifically for the software. of course rain isn't being helpful at all and we're losing money left and right.