All RetailEdge Reviews

Reviewed October 2017

Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used before.

Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

PROS

Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

CONS

Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Donna

Reviewed July 2020

Reliable, full featured and affordable POS

I can perform all of my inventory management processes and sales from anywhere. Even when I travel to Trade shows across the country, I am never impacted by internet issues.

PROS

This is a full featured POS and inventory management application that can run with or without an internet connection. All of this at a very reasonable initial investment price.

CONS

It does not integrated with my website database, Magento.

Reason for choosing RetailEdge

It was 25% of the cost of most other full featured POS applications and included all of the functionality i needed. Because it is a small company that has been around for awhile, customer support is easy to work with - you can talk to the same support rep throughout the process of completing an issue.

Reasons for switching to RetailEdge

Quickbooks release a new version several years back that was extremely buggy. While I struggled for 3 months attempting to resolve the issues, it was negatively impacting my ability to do business. Customer support was terrible.

Hi Donna, thank you for the kind words! We do have an integration with Magento through a third party called Modern Retail. Feel free to give us a call or email if you'd like to learn more!

Replied October 2020

Melissa

Reviewed November 2017

Mostly good, with a few major frustrations.

Ease of checking out customers and keeping track of inventory.

PROS

Pretty simple and explanatory interface. Not difficult to teach new hires how to use. Tech support is usually pretty speedy and efficient.

CONS

Every time there's an update with the software or with Windows 10, we have to call tech support because something becomes incompatible or switched off. Also unhappy that we started out being able to use our POS as a touch screen, and when Windows 10 became the operating system, it was no longer able to operate as touch screen, tacking on time to our checkout speed. Some of the report functions are a bit tedious to use. Many customers unhappy that we can't tell them how far along in the loyalty program they are without us doing some major research; wish it was just automatically tracked in their account.

mike

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Great Customer Support

PROS

Software is very good for a multi location business and the tech support is excellent!

CONS

Nothing that I can think of! Very few problems and the help with setup was excellent!

Kim

Reviewed March 2023

Old Dog, New Tricks

Overall, BEST purchase I have made in the last 2 years. I sleep better at night knowing my POS is working, updated and backed up!

PROS

The pos was fairly easy to learn and upload inventory and customers from old POS system. Support team was a tremendous help with uploading information

CONS

Not enough training included in purchase price.

Reason for choosing RetailEdge

I wanted to OWN my information! Retail edge allows me to do that!

Reasons for switching to RetailEdge

the company was out of business and didn't offer support or updates any longer

Lloyd

Retail, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed January 2023

Newbie to the POS world

PROS

I like that this software is relatively inexpensive for the robust features that are provided. The customer support has been fantastic, and once the system is in place it is simple to add additional workstations as my business grows.

CONS

I don't really have anything to compare to this system. This is our first jump into a POS system. It has been a lot of work to get up and running since we are building our item and customer database from scratch. But, we are already seeing the benefit of having an automated system that is tracking our sales by item and customer.

Reason for choosing RetailEdge

Price and the recommendation by our merchant services provider Desormais Management.

Marilyn

Retail, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed March 2022

The great service I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

PROS

keeping track of inventory, faster sales

CONS

Hard to figure out making reports, easy to change prices

Reasons for switching to RetailEdge

Much easier to keep track of inventory, faster sales

Marilyn, Thank you for your review! If you don't like that it is easy to change prices, you can set up security in RetailEdge that only allows clerks with certain security levels access to actions like changing prices. Check out our video tutorials on that here: https://bit.ly/364WZum And if you ever need help with reports, don't hesitate to call or email us!

Replied April 2022

Reviewed June 2023

Good software for retail sales

PROS

what I like most is the possibility of doing a free trial so that you're not forced to use a tool that doesn't suit you.

CONS

I find this software a bit complicated to use although it works well, I would have liked something very simple.

Hi there, Thank you for the review! We do understand RetailEdge has a bit of a learning curve. Like most softwares, it takes some time to get used to a new work flow. That is why we give all new customers one hour of free training to use to their areas of interest in the program. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your business' needs.

Replied June 2023

Stephen

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Customer service with [sensitive content hidden]

We have been with you for 11 year so we are obviously happy.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] was incredibly helpful. Very patient and knowledgeable. We RARELY use our Gold service but when we do it is CRITICAL to us. So thank you for supporting us.

CONS

In the past some of the support staff has assumed that we have no clue about anything. We may not be software engineers but at least we know our business. This has not been a problem in years, so apparently you fixed the problem.

Reason for choosing RetailEdge

Phone conversation with Bill.

Stephen, Thank you so much for your honest review. We love to hear our customer's support experiences (good and not good). We will pass along the kind words. We hope to have you for the next 11 years! -Kayla

Replied August 2023

Lorraine

Reviewed October 2023

RetailEdge is the POS to use

Using RetailEdge to keep track of sales, inventory, and run needed reports. Very positive experience.

PROS

It is easy to add products and / or make changes to existing products. You can run many types of reports to get whatever information you might need at any given time. Tech support is the BEST! (Thanks, Raymond!!!)

CONS

So far the biggest issue is adjusting to the newer look when updates hapen - last one moved the product tabs to the side from the top.

Hi Lorraine, Thank you for the kind words and positive feedback regarding your experience with RetailEdge!

Replied October 2023

Lexy

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2017

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used yet.

It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen! I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week. I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

PROS

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Sister Mary

Reviewed December 2017

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back with RE.

PROS

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc. I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE. The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

CONS

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start. In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

Elio

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Former QBs user

Very pleasant

PROS

Multi location. Recon. Brendon barcode reader

CONS

I think it could have more options for credit cards processing

Hi Elio, we are so glad you like RetailEdge! And we completely agree about having more choices for integrated credit card processing. That's why we recently added a new partner processor, CardConnect. They have a flat rate of 2.5% and $0.05 per transaction. email us if you'd like more info! -Kayla

Replied November 2019

Vicki

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Grocery Store POS

Disastrous initial training session - I had done my due diligence in selecting this software and got the "out of the box" training not at all customized to my existing knowledge, specific questions, or rapid turnover of perishable products. I was advised to not select Gold Level customer support when calling for tech support, even though I pay for it monthly. The software is solid and predictable, have had no issues with it working as designed. Tech support is friendly and helpful.

PROS

Simple to set up; intuitive design for Inventory Management. Ability to track 100% of items. Plenty of Customer Manager features.

CONS

Full, robust reports are difficult to access. Downloaded standard reports are pdfs or garbage csv that require cleaning up to utilize. Functionality for labels is limited, especially for character counts and font size, a huge disappointment. Adjustments to Sales Screen QuickList are cumbersome - a definite disadvantage to grocery seasonal stock rotations. It takes 8 clicks just to get to the search window to update/add/delete a QuickList item.

Reason for choosing RetailEdge

Recommended by another similar grocery store managing perishable products from multiple suppliers.

Hi Vicki, thanks so much for the feedback! We are very sorry to hear your initial training session was anything less than ideal. There might be some confusion with regards to our phone-based technical support, so someone will be contacting you shortly to clear that up and to address your other issues as well. We'd love to hear your suggestions on how to better the program. Thanks again! -Kayla

Replied November 2019

Vanessa

Reviewed July 2018

Best Value and Excellent Service

PROS

Simple yet powerful. Great support. Online forum is excellent for getting questions answered or to learn a new skill. Fantastic reports and even more functions I have yet to try out. I love how there isn't a huge monthly monetary commitment and that the software does exactly what I need it to do. You really can't go wrong. It was the best decision I made. The gentleman who runs Rings n Things recommended it and I am so glad I went with his recommendation. It is scary to put all your inventory onto one system. I started with a small store and now we are filled to the brim. I am very confident with the software and am looking forward to doing more with it when I can find the time to play with it. I am happy to talk to anyone who has any questions.

CONS

My online store and inventory are not directly connected. The printers can be a pain but that is more of a printer issue not a software issue. Also things are wonky with only one USB on most new computers. Again, the printers don't want to play nice all the time.

Jen

Reviewed November 2020

Retail Edge gives us all we need and more!

PROS

The reports available are wonderful. I like that I can create/customize the reports I use most frequently and save them as "memorized reports" and name them as we see fit. The setup was pretty easy overall and the customer service since then has been great. Low monthly fees, or fees based upon your needs is a bonus. User friendly on the front end and staff tends to learn quickly. The deeper you get into the system and use the features available the more you see it offers. The Demo/Training mode available is fantastic!

CONS

We have used Retail Edge about 2 years and just added another terminal at a new location. We are learning how to make sure each user can only see their specific data unless given security rights to see both/all locations. I feel there are a few reports that still show all locations data even though based on their user "rights" they should have limited visibility. Maybe I missed a step during setup? Overall; very happy, just completed cashier training at the new location, and looking forward to what we can do now.

Melissa

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2017

Has been great for my shop! Every week I discover another function or report that makes life easier.

The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

PROS

Ease of use of the basic register and inventory functions so that you can use it immediately upon set up, but then you can learn more as you go. I love the reliable and friendly tech services. I also like being able to order supplies and get them so quickly. I love the Sales Manager function with which I can look at what has sold on the day, click on the item which brings me the to inventory screen to see the current inventory after the sale. For a many faceted, one person operation, it makes reordering a snap and saves me much time. I like the ability to have wish lists for customers!

CONS

There are so many report variations available, that it would be nice to have some standard reports where the user doesn't have to choose options except for the date range.

Khemarith