• Pros

• "I love the various aspects that the product covers. The wide range of features and flexibility. "

• "Very simple to setup, training is good and easy user interface and ability to use in multiple locations"

• "Ease of use. Common sense. Intuitive. Clean. Tons of help available when I need it. Interest in improvements and ideas. Adaptable. Works without a lot of fussing. Very affordable!"

• Cons

• "retail edge crashes sometimes. other than that never had an issue with the program. It does everything i need it to do"

• "We have lost the ability to do some features with updates but have found work arounds. I think the fees to keep updated are extreme "

• "Other than not being able to create a non-stock item code with a negative cost and retail amount, but I have been able to use 2 methods suggested by Retail Edge that works for my application"

Browse RetailEdge Reviews

Eric from Purrrfect Bark

We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall.

It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015. More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

Pros

The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business. I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Cons

I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen. Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok" We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Sara from ravenswood natural health

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros

-soft learning curve -excellent reports -feature rich -extreme value for the price - wicked awesome support -easy to update inventory

Cons

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

I looked over many other options. I didn't like any of them as they were all cloud based and not inventory-involved enough for my liking. I also wanted reports I could really dig into and see what my spending and inventory were doing. As a software trainer, I appreciated the level of support and backup I got in switching. Last, as an individual with traumatic head injury (which can affect memory and attention) I can say the system doesn't give me the stressed out headaches PCA sometimes did. It's very clean and not intimidating.

MELISSA from EveryLine Designs

Industry: Printing

Great system especially if you're internet is not stable

It works well with our current system.

Pros

We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Cons

The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

We liked that we didn't need internet for it to work.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

Melissa from Pets in the City

Mostly good, with a few major frustrations.

Ease of checking out customers and keeping track of inventory.

Pros

Pretty simple and explanatory interface. Not difficult to teach new hires how to use. Tech support is usually pretty speedy and efficient.

Cons

Every time there's an update with the software or with Windows 10, we have to call tech support because something becomes incompatible or switched off. Also unhappy that we started out being able to use our POS as a touch screen, and when Windows 10 became the operating system, it was no longer able to operate as touch screen, tacking on time to our checkout speed. Some of the report functions are a bit tedious to use. Many customers unhappy that we can't tell them how far along in the loyalty program they are without us doing some major research; wish it was just automatically tracked in their account.

Melissa from M. Spa & Esthetics Supply

Industry: Cosmetics

RetailEdge is Essential!

RetailEdge has been pretty flawless for me, and the rare occasions I've needed assistance, I was taken care of promptly by their team. Everyone has been very professional, and I've never felt "rushed" off the phone when needed support. They take their time, explain things thoroughly, and are kind in the process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate, and customize different reports. It's great to be able to really "drill down" into the inventory and get all sorts of useful data on products. This has been a HUGE help in determining which items to stock more of, and which ones to let go. It really streamlines my inventory! I also love to customize the setup for multiple users, so not every employee has access to all the features. There's nothing it can't do so far!

Cons

I'm having trouble thinking of anything I really don't like... The one thing I wish it did, is have the ability to attach a "time-sensitive" note for individual customers. Similar to the "note" that pops up when selecting a customer account, I wish there was a feature that could let me know when their professional license expires (or is getting close to expiring), so I would be automatically prompted to ask for their updated copy.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

Being able to download the demo version and play with it, as well as easily chat with RetailEdge over the phone, made it a "done deal" for me. The demo version is AMAZING, because I got to use it and mess around with it and really be able to gauge whether or not it would work for what I needed. I love that it's somewhat simply, on its face, but gets very detailed the more you get comfortable in exploring the features. RetailEdge, for the WIN!

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! With regards to a time-sensitive pop up, we have had customers ask for this type of feature in the past and there are scripts that can be run that will allow you to do this. To make sure we address your concerns fully, we will be reaching out to you via email shortly. Thanks again!

Vicki from Zilke Farm Kitchen

Industry: Food Production

Grocery Store POS

Disastrous initial training session - I had done my due diligence in selecting this software and got the "out of the box" training not at all customized to my existing knowledge, specific questions, or rapid turnover of perishable products. I was advised to not select Gold Level customer support when calling for tech support, even though I pay for it monthly. The software is solid and predictable, have had no issues with it working as designed. Tech support is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Simple to set up; intuitive design for Inventory Management. Ability to track 100% of items. Plenty of Customer Manager features.

Cons

Full, robust reports are difficult to access. Downloaded standard reports are pdfs or garbage csv that require cleaning up to utilize. Functionality for labels is limited, especially for character counts and font size, a huge disappointment. Adjustments to Sales Screen QuickList are cumbersome - a definite disadvantage to grocery seasonal stock rotations. It takes 8 clicks just to get to the search window to update/add/delete a QuickList item.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

Recommended by another similar grocery store managing perishable products from multiple suppliers.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Vicki, thanks so much for the feedback! We are very sorry to hear your initial training session was anything less than ideal. There might be some confusion with regards to our phone-based technical support, so someone will be contacting you shortly to clear that up and to address your other issues as well. We'd love to hear your suggestions on how to better the program. Thanks again! -Kayla

Tara from custard boutique

Works well, updates often, easy to learn

Retailedge makes inventory a breeze, and helps us keep up with customers, their purchases, and more. It is also nice to see what the other locations are selling, what they have in their inventory and so on.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 8 years and enjoy how easy it is to teach new employees the program. Retail edge updates often enough, and the support staff is always helpful. I also like that I can use the same system at multiple locations.

Cons

I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

I liked the fact that I could print my own barcodes as well as keep up with customer history. I didn't have an inventory system before I started with retailedge, I did everything by hand, and in the end, I liked how professional this looked.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Tara, thanks so much for the kind words! In regards to the Mac issue, RetailEdge can work on a Mac using a 3rd party virtualization software like Parallels or Fusion. This is a little more involved and works well for some customers. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to learn more! -Kayla

Fits my Business

Great! My questions get answered. The support is intelligent and patient. The system works. We've had a few hiccups but they usually are user error and we figure it out quick enough. We use it every day and I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Cons

Reports don't always give me what I want. Big changes have to be done in excel and imported which I'm not comfortable doing. I'd like real time inventory update with online store. Sometimes island runs slow. There has to be a way to weed my email list so I can update regularly on mailchimp. I'd like loyalty dollars to post on their own.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

It was recommended by the owner of Beads and Things. He had a huge inventory and had been in business for awhile. I was confident in his recommendation and happy I listened.

Jared from Insane Paintball, LLC

Great Point Of Sale Software

We've been using Retail Edge for 15+ years now and have grown with them along the way. They always help when we need it and the program is incredibly simple to use and easy to learn.

Pros

It is very easy to learn, offers great customer service, is always updating to become better and more user friendly, and it offers everything that a retail store or entertainment business would need to process sales, track reporting, organize customers, and help keep our business functioning optimally.

Cons

It would be nice to have a mobile version included with the gold level service plan.

Kathryn from Merck Forest & Farmland Center

RE at VC

The best benefit we have realized is the tracking of inventory.

Pros

I had used Retail Edge in a previous position and knew that it would suit the needs in the small store that we have. I like it best for the purchase orders, tracking of merchandise and the customer data base.

Cons

What I like the least is that I am sure there are features we could use but don't, which is why I am attending the conference next week.

Zak from Amson Crystals

User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)

Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros

I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding). The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly. I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha. Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons

Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark. Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

Lexy from DNA Group

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used yet.

It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen! I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week. I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Pros

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Woody from GunFighter Pro Shop

Industry: Sporting Goods

Excellent POS software with great inventory control and customer tracking

Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Pros

The inventory control is wonderful! Can track when your shipments were received, cost averaging, qty on hand and more. The inventory control is second to none in my opinion! Customer tracking is great too! Can see when your customer bought items and how much they paid for it. All customizable too, so it really helps to see which products are moving in the different areas of interest or regions where they live. Customer loyalty program is an excellent addition for our customer base and they love it too! AND reports are customizable so you can see just about anything that is going on with your business right in the system. Before moving to Retail Edge (moved from REGIT after it was discontinued, which we used for almost 10 years), we researched several systems and each had problems or lacked features that we needed. We found Retail Edge and were amazed at all the features listed, and the ability to create custom reports and integrate with certain on-line store platforms. Retail Edge covers everything we needed for our business and gave us plenty of room to grow and expand on the features. Lastly, but most importantly, the client support is absolute excellent. Really never had any issues, but had numerous questions (and sometimes still do) and those tech guys answer our (sometimes stupid) questions quickly, honestly and most of all they are just very nice guys too! You can't go wrong with using Retail Edge!

Cons

Well, not much to put here. I would like to see a report that is ran off the tax settings to make it a little easier for me to see what GOVT or RESALE/WHOLESALE customers have made purchases for my monthly sales tax reports. But we created our own custom report in the system and used one of the custom fields in the customer database to mark those customers, so we actually have this report. Just had to do a little custom settings in the reports.

Sister Mary from Mary Immaculate Queen Center

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back with RE.

Pros

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc. I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE. The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start. In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

Eric from Peterson's Ski & Cycle, Inc

Industry: Sporting Goods

Have Used RetailEdge for Decades!

We have been using RetailEdge since 1996ish and we've found it to be simply the best for our modest retail operation. It does everything we need it to do and the guys in tech support have been super helpful (when needed) to keep us up and running.

Pros

Able to keep track of inventory, sales, customers with ease. RetailEdge easily links to our Shopify account so inventory stays consistent on all sales channels and is actually affordable for smaller brick and mortar operations like ours. Also able to view the days sales remotely which comes in handy when away from the store and the employees are running things. Customer lists can be exported in different formats and uploaded to mass marketing service providers with just a few clicks.

Cons

Some things are kind of cumbersome, and while most things have a 'work around' just the fact we need to use a 'work around' is somewhat of a pain. Having said this RetailEdge is still the best bang for the buck even with those occasional work around's. What's a Pain? - Can't add colors / sizes to a Matrix on the fly without exiting matrix or it causes an error. - Multiple vendors can't be used for 1 item. - Closed Layaways or Open Order's don't say this on receipt. (even though we've gone over it with tech support it still doesn't work). - Would be nice to open a service work ticket which will track customer's items. (we use an open order as a workaround, but it doesn't track the items in for service, or give a due date.) Maybe offer this as a separate module like RECAP?

Eric from Peterson's Ski & Cycle, Inc

Retail Edge has been a great, stable tool for POS.

Inventory Tracking, Customer Tracking and day to day register sales.

Pros

Retail Edge is very inexpensive for what it offers. Navigation is simple and day to day tasks are easily done using the tools included with Retail Edge. Items can be entered 'on the fly' yet inventory tracking is also done without needing to purchase a separate module. Customer tracking is also easily handled and reports are easily accessible. Using the matrix to handle similar items with differences like color and size makes inventory entry much faster and efficient. Retail Edge links seamlessly with our online store and keeps inventory control efficient across both channels.

Cons

Designing a software to meet every retailers needs can be challenging. At times we have found Retail Edge to be cumbersome i.e. editing items after the fact can be difficult and can be accomplished, but not before doing multiple steps to make the corrections. We are a bike and ski shop and have a service department which we are unable to track the items in for service using Retail Edge. We have of course found a 'work around' as is with the case on most cumbersome features of the program, but having to create a work around is the cumbersome point. It has not been enough of a headache to leave the Retail Edge family, we have just needed to be creative in the 23 years we have been using the program.

Jared from Insane Paintball/Airsoft

Great point of sale software with an amazing support team. Fifteen years of business and very happy!

Pros

RetailEdge has a very easy to learn and use interface that is capable of doing anything we have needed or thought about needing for our retail store and paintball playing fields. Everything from gift cards, layaway, house charges, multiple clerks with security options, multiple locations, inventory, PO's, integrated credit card processing, customer management, great reporting, barcodes/UPC, 3rd party integrations for online sales, and more! You name it, RetailEdge pretty much integrates it into their program. We also subscribe to their gold level service plan which includes regular updates and priority call in help which is rarely needed but a great peace of mind in case we do need assistance. Their tech support is all in house in America so they are easy to work with and don't rush you off the phone. We have always had courteous professional service when needing support or asking questions. They have also built us some custom software to help RetailEdge integrate with some online marketplace needs that we had prior to releasing it to the public. After 15+ years of doing business with RetailEdge they continue to do a great job, offer great service, and keep updating the program to make it better year after year. We couldn't ask for much more!

Christina from Lemon & Lavender

New to the retail environment, starting your own brick & mortar store.... this software is for you!

This software gives us great reporting features and allows us to fully understand our growing business on daily, weekly and monthly basis. The ability to do back-office work on the main database without extra licenses is also a plus. Inventory management is second to none compared to other software we have seen.

Pros

As we continue to expand and grow our new business, we are amazed at all the functionality that this software has built in right out of the box. There have been several instances were we have decided to add a new twist to how we run the store, and as we search the Retail Edge manual, there it is! (Example : Gift Cards) This software has every possible option we want, even ones we haven't thought of using yet. We love that all the functionality you need is included in the price, no extra expensive modules to add after the fact. The mobile apps for sales updates are also very much appreciated.

Cons

If there was one thing we could say in the negative (and that is really hard to do), we wish the "operating screens" were a little more fancy in layout and color selection. Maybe an option to customize the screens with some custom colors and a logo here and there. We know that is hard to do and still insure that the software runs on almost every piece of hardware that various customers own, so we will give Retail Edge a pass on that.

Flexible: Can be as complicated or as simple of a system that you want.

Pros

There are actually a lot of features that I like about this program. The program is "forgiving". If you make a mistake, there are lots of options for fixing your error. Voiding and reissuing a transaction is easy. You can merge items or customers if you accidentally set them up two different ways. Also, you can use one UPC for many items using their alias feature. So, say you have a bunch of "eaches" - you only have one of that item, but you want to scan the UPC but you don't want to clog up your inventory with all of those one time items, you can add each UPC as an alias and when you scan that UPC, they are all under the same item. To accept the "exact balance", you can just hit "+" in the payment field and it will take it as the full amount instead of having to type in the amount paid.

Cons

They took away the columns for quantity and last action date in Inventory list (unless you export). So, if you pull up the inventory list, you'd have to look at each one individually to see the quantity in stock instead of it being a column you can just view.

Best Value and Excellent Service

Pros

Simple yet powerful. Great support. Online forum is excellent for getting questions answered or to learn a new skill. Fantastic reports and even more functions I have yet to try out. I love how there isn't a huge monthly monetary commitment and that the software does exactly what I need it to do. You really can't go wrong. It was the best decision I made. The gentleman who runs Rings n Things recommended it and I am so glad I went with his recommendation. It is scary to put all your inventory onto one system. I started with a small store and now we are filled to the brim. I am very confident with the software and am looking forward to doing more with it when I can find the time to play with it. I am happy to talk to anyone who has any questions.

Cons

My online store and inventory are not directly connected. The printers can be a pain but that is more of a printer issue not a software issue. Also things are wonky with only one USB on most new computers. Again, the printers don't want to play nice all the time.

Sam from Cowboy Corral Inc.

Better then most.

I am a believer in this brand constantly being updated to increase our needs. Customer support has been awesome all the time I have no overall complaints about this software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get started using the software. I can keep track of basic info about my inventory and it has helped us grow our company from a startup to 2 locations. I like how easy it is to make reports and it does what we need it to do keep track of Lay-ways and special orders. This software is better then others out in the market even if it has less fancy reports it still gets the job done for our store.

Cons

I least like the lack of being able to keep a printer online with out it going in to sleep mode. I was told it was not a Retail Edge problem that windows was causing it but I have gotten used to my printer not working until I disconnect it and have to re-connect it to get it to print.

Melissa from Recycled Reading of Vermont

Has been great for my shop! Every week I discover another function or report that makes life easier.

The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

Pros

Ease of use of the basic register and inventory functions so that you can use it immediately upon set up, but then you can learn more as you go. I love the reliable and friendly tech services. I also like being able to order supplies and get them so quickly. I love the Sales Manager function with which I can look at what has sold on the day, click on the item which brings me the to inventory screen to see the current inventory after the sale. For a many faceted, one person operation, it makes reordering a snap and saves me much time. I like the ability to have wish lists for customers!

Cons

There are so many report variations available, that it would be nice to have some standard reports where the user doesn't have to choose options except for the date range.

Kevork from McLean Cigars PG Boutique

I Love This Retail Solution!!!!

Peace of mind, easy backups, control over inventory, solid reporting.

Pros

GREAT free customer support over email. Frequent updates. VERY Flexible. AFFORDABLE purchase price and updates. Rock solid performance. Great under the hood abilities. Without a doubt, the most feature rich and the most affordably priced retail pos with an incredible and responsive team. Recently improved support for integrated cloud, network, e-commerce. Runs very well on Windows 7.

Cons

Not the MOST appealing visually. Some features are buried or structurally antiquated. Good (not great) reports, templates (no ability to edit template for reports receipts). Sales/discount rules are one of the elements that are feature rich, but tricky to set up. Not as intuitive as they could be. For some, (not me) it might be a con that it doesn't run on an iPad.

David from Cuff to Collar

Very easy to use and straight forward. Does everything I need for my store and more.

an well made-smooth checkout for my customers and employees.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to teach new employees. Adding inventory is fast as well as grabbing reports.

Cons

Wish there was a Buy 1 Get 1 Feature for the discount. Feel like the customer information retention gets deleted after so long.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied July 2018

David, Thanks for your review! We're so glad you like the ease of use and our comprehensive reporting features. We do have a Buy X for Y and get Z off feature! please click Here to go to our forums for a step-by-step tutorial on how to set it up. Give us a call if you have any questions! Regarding your customer information, nothing should be getting deleted since your data is local to your own computer. If you are concerned you're losing data please give Tech Support a call. Here http://retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3420 https://bit.ly/2LaYETu Text

Elio from North Star Distributors Inc.

Former QBs user

Very pleasant

Pros

Multi location. Recon. Brendon barcode reader

Cons

I think it could have more options for credit cards processing

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Elio, we are so glad you like RetailEdge! And we completely agree about having more choices for integrated credit card processing. That's why we recently added a new partner processor, CardConnect. They have a flat rate of 2.5% and $0.05 per transaction. email us if you'd like more info! -Kayla

Khemarith from Burlington Wine and Spirits

We've been using Retail Edge for over 5 years now and we are satisfied with the product!

Pros

There a few things that we like most about the software: 1. Inventory capabilities. Being able to run purchase orders based on previous sales within a specified date range is a big help. 2. Stability. The software has been fairly stable . There haven't been any major errors that disrupt any daily activities. If anything comes up, the tech support would typically come out with an update shortly after. 3. Tech Support. The tech support group has been very helpful with any issues we may have. For initial installation, they guided us via remote login and made things very easy.

Cons

I described a couple issues that we've had to the Tech Support group. 1. Currently, we have to use the exempt rule feature to apply discounts to items which are already part of a discount class.

Carla from Nancy Rose Inc

Wonderful! Never a glitch!

The software does everything! It provides a flexible and user friendly POS that fits my business. It is affordable, secure, provides numerous reports and has the best support service you will find. Seriously, the best retail program out there.

Pros

It is hard to pick one thing! It was so perfect for my boutique. But if I have to pick one thing, it would have to be ease of use. I was able to figure everything out without help-although they are readily available if you need assistance, and could train my employees on the system myself.

Cons

Since it provided everything I needed, and was so flexible in application, there isn't much I don't like. My store is unique in that I sell some custom items (curtains for example) that are made up of various items purchased and sold as a single unit. This is a bit cumbersome but manageable.

Joshua from West Coast Paddle Sports

Easy to use and easy to set up.

I was looking for a Point of Sale Software to run my sporting goods store and the reason I chose RetailEdge was because they were the only system that I found where I could just buy it outright and not get hit with all sorts of subscription fees. The other reason I chose them was because the data was mine and it was not sitting up on someone's cloud having who knows what analyze it and mining my information. The support team is knowledgable and has ben able to help me through the small issues that all seem to be related to Windows Updates messing up printers. All in all its a good program at a good price.

Pros

Easy to use tools and my data belongs to me. I don't have to be connected to access my data. I can work in an offline mode and then synch up later. The other big thing was credit card processing and I had a choice when it came to this unlike other companies where they only give you one option.

Brandi from Home Decor

Amazing POS software for a fraction of the cost of others on the market!

Pros

This software is amazing. My small business couldn't afford some of the higher priced POS systems that are out there. After using the demo version of Retail Edge, I was sold! It does everything I need it to and more...excellent reporting, inventory tracking, functionality...and the customer service is amazing!! I don't have to use tech support often, but the few times I have, they have been quick to return my call and even quicker to solve the issue and are very pleasant to deal with. I've had Retail Edge for both of my stores for almost 2 years now and am still loving the software. I love that it has an "Island" option where I can use my laptop to work from home and it will sync to the store. We can also use it as a second register during the busy days. The "Dashboard" app allows me to check the store sales (both locations) throughout the day, which is also nice.

Gena from Cool Scrapbook Stuff

Has a lot of features and is a very good value for the money

Great inventory control and helps me to decide how/what/how many to reorder.

Pros

Most tasks can be done on the keyboard. Using a mouse slows me down on completing a transaction and we don't have touch screens, so being able to use the keyboard and hot kets, etc, is SO helpful! I've used this program for about 15 years and it's a great product at a great value. Their service is good and you get to "know" the people at the company, even though they are based on the other side of the country from me.

Cons

When looking at inventory, have to go to several different tabs to see 1) quantity in stock, 2) price that they last sold at and how many, etc. And quantity in stock is no longer a column that you can see at a glance on the inventory screen.

Perry from Bicycle Specialists, LLC

Retail Edge POS software

We were audited a few years ago by the Sales and Use Tax department of the state of Missouri. The auditor said this software was an awesome tool. We actually received a small refund!

Pros

Ease of use, reliable and very efficient.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Complete satisfaction.

Daniel from Mister Hats

Simple program that can do everything that I need it to do.

I use it every day to track the sales and inventory of my stores.

Pros

I like how this program keeps up with all aspects of inventory, sales and customers. Basically, I can do any type of analysis that big box retailers do using this software.

Cons

I least like the support for this program. I consider myself an expert user at this point, and I find it frustrating that I am charged regardless of the outcomes of my support calls. I've had many issues that the support staff couldn't fix that I've figured out, but I was still charged when they logged into my computer without fixing anything. There was also a blame game played saying that it was the other piece of software that wasn't working while I need multiple companies' software to work in unison.

Nicole from Sage & Cedar

We have been using RE for a long time. It is perfect for a small retail business.

Pros

It is easy to use and is awesome for managing inventory. The reporting functionality is very helpful for ordering and deciding what inventory should be discontinued or reordered. Great program for multiple locations as it is easy to see what inventory each store has so you can satisfy a customer right away with knowing we can transfer the item right away.

Cons

Two things: I would like to see the loyalty dollar part of the program a little more user friendly. Most loyalty programs accumulate in real time vs. having to batch. The other thing is having to select a payment method for gift cards before scanning the card. It would be easier if you scanned the card before the payment screen.

Tim from Red Dot Paintball

Retail Edge was a solution that allowed us a robust, feature rich system with a low entry cost.

Pros

We love that we were able to use a lot of our own hardware, we can run remotely offline with their Island system and have multiple locations. Our budget was small, but the system affordable and delivered on our needs. We like that we can talk to someone and our Gold Support Plan allows us access to technicians when we need it.

Cons

Some types of transactions are a little restrictive, however, it may be our own lack of knowledge. We continue to learn about the software and new ways to do things. Sometimes we are just too busy to learn more about it. To this end some additional webinars would be helpful routinely where we could get some online training and ask specific questions.

Veronika from Local Roots

Retail Edge is so easy to set up and use, and if I ever have a problem, the reps are super helpful!

I can track my stock, issue Gift Certificates...thinking about it, we have 2 locations and we don't utilize a way to be able to track gift certificate sales over both registers. It would be nice to be able to accept our other location's GCs without having to go in and adjust the sales later. I don't know if that can be done or not.

Pros

I like the interface between Retail Edge and my credit card system. I don't have to enter the amount twice, which prevents errors in charge amounts.

Cons

When an old record is deleted, sometimes you can't re-use the stock number or it warns of a duplicate entry. If I deleted it, it shouldn't be there at all!

Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used before.

Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros

Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons

Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Temitope from Teadro Systems Limited

Industry: Computer Hardware

Each time we scaled up in business, RetailEdge always have what we needed. Has been fantastic so far

It has been very useful to the company in managing its various outlets within the city. And printing receipt and keeping inventory has been much easier since the purchase of RetailEdge.

Pros

Almost has every thing needed to manage any type of store. Especially being able to manage many outlets with the same software

Cons

RetailEdge is complex to use for a newbie. One will have to study the help files (which was fantastically prepared and exhaustive in detail) very well in order to grasp the understanding of its intricate use. But once that is done, it will be easy all the way.

Best Value and Customer Service

Great. Excellent customer service and a great well priced product. I don't know what else you could ask for. I liked paying upfront and having minimal monthly fees. Most other companies have little to no up front costs but then their monthly fees are ridiculous. I plan on being in business a long time so this made the most sense to me. Maybe if you aren't sure if you'll be around in 5 years this wouldn't be for you but otherwise you will be saving a TON of money.

Pros

No monthly fees. Powerful yet simple.

Cons

Didn't work with the shopping cart on Weebly. Not able to have Loyalty dollars instantly apply.

Angie from The Arrangement

User friendly & versatile

Easy to use and train new employees. Upfront cost are very reasonable and monthly cost is well worth it and affordable. Best POS system I have used for everyday sales and customer billing.

Pros

Easy to set up & use daily. New employees learn quickly. It is all around a great POS system for any type of business.

Cons

Customer search defaults to ID. Layout of customer manager takes time to navigate through. Requires a few more steps in processing a swiped credit card than I would like but probably more of a cc processor issue and not the Retail Edge software.

Perry from bicycle Specialists

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

State sales and use audit was flawless per the auditor .

Organization

Pros

Ease of use, great tool for inventory and customer purchase history. Love the reports. We love it and wouldn't change anything.

Cons

Pay to upgrade, missing out on good stuff which we can't always pay to update. Maybe an annual free upgrade could be possible

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied October 2018

Perry, Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you like the reports and and customer purchase history. Our Upgrade plan is only $5/workstation/month, and at 9-10 updates per year, we feel that amount best suits our customers and our efforts to provide the best version of RetailEdge we can.

Scott from London Company Jewelers

Best bang for your buck, no doubt. Excellent support During implementation.

Pros

The price point was unbelievable. Best value on the market, no doubt. Support during implementation was excellent. Everyone in tech support was always friendly. Customizing our price tag labels & receipts was greatly appreciated. Direct integration with credit card processing. The last thing I wanted was to give our customers 2 receipts (sales & CC receipts). The integration works seamlessly.

Cons

All complaints are minor, and relatively insignificant. Inventory Manager & Recieving seems like redundant functions and can cause some confusion. Search functions in Recieving has limited function. Search functions always revers to default search category rather that keeping last search preferences. I still haven't figured out how to label display discounts the way I want to.

Flexible and economical full featured POS system

Pros

This software has the functionality of a much more expensive package. It is reliable and flexible enough to meet all of my demands - from inventory management to ringing up sales at trade shows, I have not found a product that can compare.

Cons

Direct access to the database is difficult for DIYers like myself. I would also like to see editable grids introduced on the purchase order screens to allow quantity adjustments without having to run through 3 screens for each item.

Sara from Larry The Locksmith and Hardware

Awesome is the word I would use.

Pros

It's user-friendly and has many layers so there is always some report that you can create or you can detail and customize your inventory. Minimal training when you hire new or seasonal staff. RetsilEdge's staff is very professional (I can probably name every one of them from all the help they've given me over the years and knowledgeable, they are all great!

Cons

Nothing really; As I mentioned before, it's user-friendly and can be used easily. Nothing to complain about.

Katherine from Joy-all things underthings

Overall good

Pros

Easy to use. App is helpful. Service is great. The Island functionality is very helpful, as is the ability to hardwire and network. We run two PCs and a laptop that sometimes serves as a register and all three communicate well.

Cons

The reporting is not great. Basic sales etc is fine, or if you just want to see PDFs, it's ok, but the two ways you can export to excel are not great if you need to manipulate the data. Hard to sort, lots of repetitive page break info etc.

Ginny from Goo goo gaa gaa children's boutique

From day 1 (almost 15 years ago)been so helpful! Rarely need help when I do they are great!

Inventory management, sales reports

Pros

Easy to learn, provides data I need to make good decisions for my business. Turn key set up and support.

Cons

Having to modify the price to reprint a price label with the original price on it. We do markdowns in red pen from original prices. Never need the sale price printed on a label. Would be nice to be able to reprint labels always at original price. Now look up item, change price back to original, print label, change price to sale price.

Dave from Alder Creek Kayak and Canoe

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

We have used Retail Edge for 20 years. It has always worked well for us.

We can track customer history, product sales and see trends in the paddlesports industry.

Pros

Customer Support is incredible, when you call in you get real people who understand the product and can solve your problem in a few minutes or less. The new Android Dashboard so I can stay in tough with my store sales.

Cons

When Microsoft does its updates there are often small issues that crop up and make something in Retail Edge malfunction. But the good news is that Customer Support is awesome!

Ed from All Things Fun!

Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience

Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros

Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons

You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.

Eva from Tack Room, Inc.

Great people to work with.

Pros

Easy and inexpensive. Over 135 reports. Easy to search current inventory. Easy to teach employees.

Cons

Should have reports other than a sales report that generate manufacturer or vendor part numbers. Hard to integrate with some of our manufacturers reports. Have to manipulate excel sheets which is too cumbersome. Would like the sizes listed horizontal instead of vertically. Kind of like a size sheet where you make scores.

Jason from Meridian Computer

Industry: Computer Hardware

It has a been an easy software to understand and setup

I am able to use the new chip credit cards and it is very professional interface when we have credit card machines that interact with our software. Customer history and inventory management.

Pros

This software is able to handle the 14000+ clients we already have. The import process was easy. It handles the variety of inventory all the way down to serial numbers.

Cons

The only real complaint I have with this software is when receiving check payments from customers there is no field to enter the actual check number. Many times months down the road a customer will call and ask for the check number an invoice was paid with.

David from Forth N Goal Sports/Middlebury Shop

New to R.E. in June. Very easy transition.

Quick, easy and comprehensive transition from a POS system we had been using for 20+ years to Retail Edge's product. Still learning (only been on-board for 2 months), but any avenue I take to become savvy with an unexplored area meets with quick and comprehensive understanding. It's remarkable intuitive. The options to perform tasks make sense and the performance is easy.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the tasks. It guides you to success. We like the multi-options to perform tasks. You can do it this way or that and still be successful. Very easy to train folks to use the system. Support was there and very helpful when needed.

Cons

The least favorable pre-purchase issue was the anxiety in setting up and learning a new POS system. I didn't look forward to the anticipated time needed to learn and launch the program. It was easy ! The anxiety was totally unwarranted and the time requirements were well below the hours I expected. So much of it was intuitive and reasonably understood.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Replied August 2018

David, it was a pleasure working with you personally on your transition and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly for Forth N Goal! Thanks so much for your positive feedback! -Kayla