What are DaySmart Salon users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DaySmart Salon software through verified user reviews

• icon"Fast forward years later I have my own little studio & I use the app version on my phone to schedule appointments and manage my business. I find it easy to use and a good value for the money."
  • icon"Integration was as easy as buttering a slice of bread. This software is very very easy to learn, and when you don't know how to do something, the support team is always there to help."
  • icon"Software integrates to a mobile app which we love. Improvements have been consistently good over time."
  • icon"I lost all client and financial history when transitioning from multiple users to the single user software."
  • icon"I have been disappointed in the CC companies they have chosen to be compatible with Salon Iris."
  • icon"We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges."

Browse all DaySmart Salon Reviews

• Have you used DaySmart Salon and would like to share your experience with others?

Autumn

We've been partnered with Salon Iris for 9yrs now and Love everything about the software. Easy to us

Scheduling, details, customer service. Organizations

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, easy to teach, detailed, always improving, reports, user friendly , online scheduling.

Cons

The app costs extra money, updates we've lost data, doesn't have copy and paste option for appointments Anymore

Cassandra

Best booking system hands down

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesn’t offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

Pros

I love this software . It’s detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really can’t say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

Cons

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Its features and functionality are far superior to anything else on the market

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Because Vagaros website would crash and freeze up constantly leaving us without a way to check out clients .

Shae

April 2022

Owner/operator

They are always friendly but don’t listen to the customer that keeps them in business,

Pros

Customer service and having a software that has been around a while.

Cons

This software is very very very dated. Stylist are now require deposits charged before booking a appointment, require you to pay for the entire appointment in some cases and charging for no shows instantly. I have complained and complained yet they continue to add features that they can make money off of instead of catering to our request. It’s my third time returning and was told it was better and found out that wasn’t true. I am very unhappy with salon iris and as soon as I can find something that caters to the new age way of handling my salon then I’m leaving. I have spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] several time month after month and it’s hopeless. Shame

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Because I was with them before and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] said they had deposit feature anc no show feature like square. Lies! And now that he has been made aware nothing has been done and I don’t think they intend to

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Because the features weren’t conducive to my needs. Square is also careering to the kitchen beautician by not requiring addresses anymore.

Joseph

Salon Iris Review

It's great that the client can have an interaction with the software Having the ability to view the appointment book without being in the salon

Pros

The ease of use, can be used immediately after unpacking Keep track of your financial health Tracks your product usage Gives you a great database of your clientele

Cons

When there is no internet, you cannot view your appointment book If the server is down so is the client (if you have more than one computer) No manual Too many add on's that cost you additional funds Weekly total's have to be done one day at a time No loyalty discounts for continued purchasing

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Have the ability to own the software without additional fees or updates

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

I could not purchase the software

tiffanie

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

Pros

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

Cons

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The feature didnt fit my needs

Susan

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on “no shoes” and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! We’ve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST I’ve found!

Pros

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

The added features were the deal maker. It’s such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Our computer was extremely outdated and crashed. We were forced to switch and are glad we did.

Misti

March 2022

I would shop around. Good for those who wish to only do basic things. Kinda expensive for what it is

I have been and will continue to look for another software. It's ok. I do like the customer service. I would give them a 99 out of 100.

Pros

Getting started, free trial, pretty appointment book & lets me change the colors of it. Easy to pop in an appointment. Customizable loyalty program.

Cons

Outdated appearance after you get past the appointment booking, Horrible/outdated email marketing (whole thing is crap), a little bit slow in responsiveness, difficult to locate certain features such as the loyalty program, the mobile app & the desktop view are way different, trying to check someone out on your cell phone while accessing or adding the loyalty is crap, really noticed when working with my business coach & my accountant how off the data is for reports. I get 2 different numbers when trying to pin down the avg ticket. Can't pick dates for reports for the products & product sales section. Reports don't offer enough customization such as I don't want old inactive clients to show up in my reports. It messes up my numbers.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

at the time, features but now these companies have emerged with better features

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

They went up to extremely high price and did not allow you to keep import or export your information.

Allison

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

Pros

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

Cons

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and customer support were big qualifiers for why I chose salon Iris.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Timely was not as professional as I would’ve liked it to have been.

Heather

February 2022

Recently switched to DaySmart

So far I am disappointed and hope that something comes to market with the features I need because this one is just in need of too many improvements

Pros

I like that the system allows booth renters to receive their funds directly and commissioned service providers can remain on a separate payroll. Not easy to set this up, but this was the only software/ POS system I could find that had this capability. This is important because it allows consistency in my shop and all customers can check out in one place.

Cons

There are so many things I don't like about this software; if another system becomes available that allows booth renters to be paid direct while commission employees to be paid through the shop payroll and has the other features I need, I will be switching again. Don't like: 1- phone/iPad app doesn't allow alot of important features that are only available on the desktop version 2- the system is slow and lags a lot 3- payroll is not included and you must pay a separate payroll provider (such as gusto or paychex etc) 4- System is expensive for what you get- on top of the monthly software cost, you need to pay a separate payroll provider and you have to rent or buy a credit card machine ($30 a month rental on top of the already expensive costs) 5- set up was difficult and you get very minimal help with it 6- there are too many separate departments, making it difficult to problem solve (ie. merchant processing is totally separate from the POS/software and communication between departs is awful) 7- bad communication- ordered a card reader, it was awful and didn't work, the new one was supposed to arrive weeks ago and we still haven't received it. If we didn't call, they would never keep us in the loop). 8- if you are not tech savvy you will have trouble learning this system- interfaces are so different from tablet to desktop and there are too many moving parts. This system has the potential t be good, but has a LONG way to go

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Phorest didn't have the pay features I needed Squire is awful if you carry a variety of retail

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Square was lacking certain features and financially raping me

Enjoyable Experience

Salon Iris just needs a way to transfer and transition companies that want to switch and not just start up, but they have a 5 gold star product on their hands here.

Pros

I loved that this was a totally, completely, 110%, didn't leave anything out, comprehensive plus the kitchen sink software system for running any small business. It covered emails, advertising, websites, payments, scheduling and booking, literally not a stone unturned. This made the process of starting a fledgling company absolute as cohesive and efficient as possible in a rather visually capturing way.

Cons

We ended up not choosing them to use though because of the comprehensiveness and total coverage because it would have been too difficult to integrate their entire system in with the system/s already being used because some had been purchased already and the clinic was already up some running. If we could have switched all our existing data and moved it in to their new system during its initiation, it would have been chosen hands down.

Jon

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour. We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments. Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information. Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

While other systems may have an easier interface to navigate salon iris has been around longer and hasn't tried to over simplify their system to the point where we lose more than we gain. The customer service is beyond exceptional and we are always helped very quickly and effectively!

SUMMER

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful. The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

Pros

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

Cons

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster. The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time. I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Iris comes with a strong promotion, word of mouth. It can also be used abroad, our salon was in Kuwait and we were able to change the settings of the currency to KD and 3 digits after zero. Many pre-made software don't do that. But in this case, we honestly didn't find another as well respected as salon iris.

Antonia

Industry: Cosmetics

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

Pros

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Cons

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Referred by a friend.

Margret

Great program!

I love being able to book appointments for my hairstyling business from anywhere. No more carrying a book with me!

Pros

I really like using this program. It's very easy to use and was easy to set up! Even if you aren't tech savvy it still isn't an issue.

Cons

I don't like the fact the the price is in USD, and fluctuates with the $. I'm in Canada so it's a little pricey.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Seemed easier to work with and customer support was fantastic!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The program was not used friendly and their rates were not very clear.

Pam

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false can’t use them and the information is key to growing my business

Pros

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

Cons

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Could purchase not lease now I’m on a month to month lease with Salon iris. So I have to admit I’m looking elsewhere

Amazing Software

It has been an amazing experience. I have had no issues and any questions I have are always answered in a very timely and professional manner.

Pros

This has been one of the best investments to my business since I started using it in 2006. It has helped me grow and manage my salon better than I thought. The thing I like most is how I can customize it to my business.

Cons

I don't know what to put here because nothing pops into my head. I have been happy and honestly cannot come up with anything.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

I liked the overall flow of Salon Iris and the customization. Also, I was impressed with the support.

Michelle

Great if you want long term

The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

Pros

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cons

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

At the time I needed that level of detail

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Equally bad,so iris known commodity

Carissa

Disorganized/Manipulative Practice/Horrible Customer Service

I had them because they are cheap and now it makes sense, they dont care about quality only quantity. They have a lot of issues with their apps, customer service, and reports. Overall not reliable to me.

Pros

I like how your clients get text reminders. Helps a lot!

Cons

The company overall seems very disorganized. I had a small issue that is now taking days to figure out because I get a different story each time I reach out to their employees. I'm leaving them. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.

Price

KITWANA

Great Product.

I have been using this software for over seven years now. They have improved greatly over the years and I like that they are constantly upgrading and improving to provide more options and be more user friendly.

Pros

Very user friendly. This software is a life saver. Keeps all stylist calendars organized. It is fully customizable.

Cons

Some of the a la carte items are a bit pricey.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

I just followed my instinct. So far it has done wonders in helping me manage and grow my business.

Karie

Salon Iris pros/cons

It has improved with the new "premium support" but I have certainly had my challenges with the tech team department. Issues with taking the client seriously when they are having an issue and not making them feel like it's their fault. My only other complaint would be the time it takes to either make fixes or to implement suggestions. But I love the monthly rate with unlimited support feature. I love how I can always get the latest version with the monthly rate.

Pros

I like the ease of using this program and the multiple reports it has. I like how it can help keep our business organised and like that I can upload digital client consent forms to their profile. My staff love the SI app where they can manage their schedules and book clients in while they are out and about.

Cons

The payroll program needs to be functional for Canadians and also wanting the online booking system to take credit cards when a client books an appointment, at least for all new clients.

Jessica

Easy software to use

Overall, it’s a good product I would recommend to others In the salon industry.

Pros

It was very straightforward. The employees were able to use it without any display Ace everything easy to see at once. I like the customizable options.

Cons

I feel like it constantly needed to be updated to run properly. Otherwise it would freeze or run slowly.

Envision Salon & Spa

Easier, price

Necia

Great Option

Overall experience has been good . The system ya upgraded within the 7 years of using it; ready for some more web based features.

Pros

I like how everything is included in one software vs. having to have separate systems ex. Texting reminders and marketing features.

Cons

Wish the system integrated with my website for one whole inventory tracking. Or had an app add on.

Support features

REBECCA

Costly but effective

We have had our ups and downs in the past, again we pay top dollar so we can get the support when needed but other brands include so much more for less.

Pros

I have had it so long I am very familiar with it.

Cons

Very expensive compared to other brands, anything you want or need is an additional charge.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Already had it was too hard to switch out all of our info at the time.

Frederick

Excellent multi-faceted software

Salon Iris helps us to quickly and efficiently enter client info and check them out. The reporting available has made it easy to track and improve team and individual performance.

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive, meets all the needs of a full-service salon and spa. Love the text and email reminders and customer support!

Cons

The ability to send text receipts for checkout in addition to the already available email receipts would be nice. Could use a better inventory tracking system.

Stacey

Very good software

Has been quite expensive but overall a really good system.

Pros

Love the inventory feature. Online schedule access is great!

Cons

Maybe outdated software. Can be glitchy. New how's are a nightmare for implementing into system in respect to product commission excelsior and backbar exceptions.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

I honestly don't remember.

DaySmart Salon