• Pros

• "This software is very easy to use and not complicated like some. User friendly for sure! I love that"

• "I really like using this program. It's very easy to use and was easy to set up! Even if you aren't tech savvy it still isn't an issue."

• "Very user friendly. When downsizing my business of 14 years it was a smooth transition from having multiple user software to using single user software. The price was excellent."

• Cons

• "It is a little expensive but once you have it you wont look back. I cant say i have anything that im unhappy about with this programe."

• "Sometimes long waits when calling with issues, but rarely have the need for help with the system"

• "The function I like the least is the mobile version of Salon Iris. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I had hoped. "

Browse Salon Iris Reviews

Autumn from Seasons Salon and Day Spa

We've been partnered with Salon Iris for 9yrs now and Love everything about the software. Easy to us

Scheduling, details, customer service. Organizations

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, easy to teach, detailed, always improving, reports, user friendly , online scheduling.

Cons

The app costs extra money, updates we've lost data, doesn't have copy and paste option for appointments Anymore

Allison from Locks & Lashes

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

Pros

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

Cons

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Price and customer support were big qualifiers for why I chose salon Iris.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Timely was not as professional as I would’ve liked it to have been.

Nikki from Hair Extensions by Nikki

Been using salon iris 7 years

Overall I don't like salon iris and the only reason i havent switched to someone else is because they make it impossible to use the exported client file. So now im going to switch anyway and just type in my clients manually.

Pros

+The scheduling feature is on point. All of the options you need. The appointments drag easily. +Lots of reports to choose from

Cons

-Exporting clients is in a weird format and messes up, making it near impossible to leave salon iris -Your main computer has to be on with the program running in order to sign on to the mobile app. Ridiculous. -It only works with windows. In order to make it work with mac you have to download a program like parallels which takes up way too much space on the computer -If you want anything extra besides scheduling, for example: emailing clients, texting clients, etc.. they charge you like crazy. Seems money hungry -The company they require you to sign up with in order to accept credit cards through the program is ridiculously expensive and has horrible ratings online -It's more expensive than other alternatives that compare

Response from DaySmart Software

Replied March 2019

We are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your purchase. A few clarifications on your "Cons": Windows is one platform on which we offer this service. Thousands use our cloud platform which allows for native Mac access. We have two card processors integrated with our systems and neither of them are required, nor are either of them "ridiculously expensive". Your main point seems to be data export, a simple process that any of our Support staff could walk you through. Salon Iris exports your entire client list to a text tab delimited file which can be easily imported into Excel for viewing purposes. It does "look weird" in text format but once loaded into Excel it is very easy to view. Open Excel and click and drag the file into Excel. You can also run a Client Report within the software that exports to Excel. Chose that option under Tools Export.

Margret from Headlines

Great program!

I love being able to book appointments for my hairstyling business from anywhere. No more carrying a book with me!

Pros

Cons

I don't like the fact the the price is in USD, and fluctuates with the $. I'm in Canada so it's a little pricey.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Seemed easier to work with and customer support was fantastic!

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

The program was not used friendly and their rates were not very clear.

Pam from Academy of Salon Professionals

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false can’t use them and the information is key to growing my business

Pros

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

Cons

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Could purchase not lease now I’m on a month to month lease with Salon iris. So I have to admit I’m looking elsewhere

REBECCA from Midtown Hair Co

Costly but effective

We have had our ups and downs in the past, again we pay top dollar so we can get the support when needed but other brands include so much more for less.

Pros

I have had it so long I am very familiar with it.

Cons

Very expensive compared to other brands, anything you want or need is an additional charge.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Already had it was too hard to switch out all of our info at the time.

Genevieve from Glammed Out Nails

Bilingual salon owner

Pros

I’m able to keep a card on file, it’s an all in one deal, and it available for mobile, tablets and computers.

Cons

It only allows me to use one language (English). It will not require a deposit payment prior to booking the service.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

It was the best value for the price.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

I needed a website/booking site to display my services and prices and logo.

Megan from Salon Park Avenue

Easy and accessible!!

Pros

We love that we can access our schedule from anywhere, not just while physically at work. They system is easy to use, and sends out confirmations so we don’t have to!

Cons

I really needed a program with a complete payroll system. All our stylists are employed by the salon, so we need to calculate taxes. We didn’t want a monthly subscription to yet another service, so we had to pay for our current downloaded software to be updated. On the mobile app for iPhones, I can’t see the complete pop-up screen. If I want to modify an app, I have to go to the desktop. I end up just blocking off time until I can do so. Appointments sometimes move on their own which is super confusing, but I usually catch them relatively quickly as I look at the books quite often.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

We needed a program that was accessible online.

Derisa from Beauty Creations

Work

Pros

Easy to use Easy for clients Easy to add services

Cons

Paying for text messages Can not permanently remove past employees

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Worked in my country and offered everything i was looking for

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Salon iris offers all that i wanted

Antonia from Toni Casey at Inspired Hair Studios

Industry: Cosmetics

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

Pros

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Cons

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Referred by a friend.

Cassandra from Love and Hair Peace Salon

Best booking system hands down

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesn’t offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

Pros

I love this software . It’s detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really can’t say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

Cons

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Its features and functionality are far superior to anything else on the market

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Because Vagaros website would crash and freeze up constantly leaving us without a way to check out clients .

Joseph from Joey & Company Salon

Salon Iris Review

It's great that the client can have an interaction with the software Having the ability to view the appointment book without being in the salon

Pros

The ease of use, can be used immediately after unpacking Keep track of your financial health Tracks your product usage Gives you a great database of your clientele

Cons

When there is no internet, you cannot view your appointment book If the server is down so is the client (if you have more than one computer) No manual Too many add on's that cost you additional funds Weekly total's have to be done one day at a time No loyalty discounts for continued purchasing

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Have the ability to own the software without additional fees or updates

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

I could not purchase the software

tiffanie from Golden Touch Spa Barbados

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

Pros

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

Cons

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

The feature didnt fit my needs

Jon from evoke salon

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour. We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments. Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information. Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

While other systems may have an easier interface to navigate salon iris has been around longer and hasn't tried to over simplify their system to the point where we lose more than we gain. The customer service is beyond exceptional and we are always helped very quickly and effectively!

Susan from Hollywood Clips Salon and Spa

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on “no shoes” and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! We’ve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST I’ve found!

Pros

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

The added features were the deal maker. It’s such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Our computer was extremely outdated and crashed. We were forced to switch and are glad we did.

SUMMER from Eclipse Salon

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful. The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

Pros

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

Cons

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster. The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time. I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Iris comes with a strong promotion, word of mouth. It can also be used abroad, our salon was in Kuwait and we were able to change the settings of the currency to KD and 3 digits after zero. Many pre-made software don't do that. But in this case, we honestly didn't find another as well respected as salon iris.

Paul from STUDIO 26 SALON

Amazing Software

It has been an amazing experience. I have had no issues and any questions I have are always answered in a very timely and professional manner.

Pros

This has been one of the best investments to my business since I started using it in 2006. It has helped me grow and manage my salon better than I thought. The thing I like most is how I can customize it to my business.

Cons

I don't know what to put here because nothing pops into my head. I have been happy and honestly cannot come up with anything.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I liked the overall flow of Salon Iris and the customization. Also, I was impressed with the support.

Michelle from Synergy artistic salon

Great if you want long term

The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

Pros

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cons

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

At the time I needed that level of detail

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Equally bad,so iris known commodity

Carissa from Killer Beauty

Disorganized/Manipulative Practice/Horrible Customer Service

I had them because they are cheap and now it makes sense, they dont care about quality only quantity. They have a lot of issues with their apps, customer service, and reports. Overall not reliable to me.

Pros

I like how your clients get text reminders. Helps a lot!

Cons

The company overall seems very disorganized. I had a small issue that is now taking days to figure out because I get a different story each time I reach out to their employees. I'm leaving them. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.

Price

KITWANA from Sache Beauty Studio LLC

Great Product.

I have been using this software for over seven years now. They have improved greatly over the years and I like that they are constantly upgrading and improving to provide more options and be more user friendly.

Pros

Very user friendly. This software is a life saver. Keeps all stylist calendars organized. It is fully customizable.

Cons

Some of the a la carte items are a bit pricey.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I just followed my instinct. So far it has done wonders in helping me manage and grow my business.

Karie from Palazzo Salon & Spa Inc.

Salon Iris pros/cons

It has improved with the new "premium support" but I have certainly had my challenges with the tech team department. Issues with taking the client seriously when they are having an issue and not making them feel like it's their fault. My only other complaint would be the time it takes to either make fixes or to implement suggestions. But I love the monthly rate with unlimited support feature. I love how I can always get the latest version with the monthly rate.

Pros

I like the ease of using this program and the multiple reports it has. I like how it can help keep our business organised and like that I can upload digital client consent forms to their profile. My staff love the SI app where they can manage their schedules and book clients in while they are out and about.

Cons

The payroll program needs to be functional for Canadians and also wanting the online booking system to take credit cards when a client books an appointment, at least for all new clients.

Necia from B.A.A.B.S. Boutique and Beauty Bar

Great Option

Overall experience has been good . The system ya upgraded within the 7 years of using it; ready for some more web based features.

Pros

I like how everything is included in one software vs. having to have separate systems ex. Texting reminders and marketing features.

Cons

Wish the system integrated with my website for one whole inventory tracking. Or had an app add on.

Support features

Jessica from Luminosity

Easy software to use

Overall, it’s a good product I would recommend to others In the salon industry.

Pros

It was very straightforward. The employees were able to use it without any display Ace everything easy to see at once. I like the customizable options.

Cons

I feel like it constantly needed to be updated to run properly. Otherwise it would freeze or run slowly.

Easier, price

Stacey from The Salon at Winter Park

Very good software

Has been quite expensive but overall a really good system.

Pros

Love the inventory feature. Online schedule access is great!

Cons

Maybe outdated software. Can be glitchy. New how's are a nightmare for implementing into system in respect to product commission excelsior and backbar exceptions.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I honestly don't remember.

Heather from The Hair'em and Nail'em

Good product for running a salon

It's great for what I do with it. My stylists like it and I can ring up sales easily

Pros

Easy to use, not scary for new employees to learn, simplicity of use. There are many more functions available but I am able to pick and choose what works best for me.

Cons

Things get moved around during updates and I can't find where to make the changes again. They keep trying to sell me more marketing things. I respect the fact that you want to help grow my business but I don't have the time to learn the new stuff, figure out how to use it and then continue to pay for a program that I am not using because I haven't had time to figure it out or be able to sit on a call and have some one teach me. All inclusive and in one spot with ease of use is what I a looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Ease of use at the time. Cost

Kim from K McElroy Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

Beware if you purchase this outright! They hold you hostage with updates.

The overall program was great, the support staff have always been helpful and friendly but I can not recommend this program due to the high amount of money that I spent first to purchase it then paying a monthly fee which was not in orginal plan and then being told that I lose all records once i discontinue use. I feel cheated and taken advantage of.

Pros

Well suited for the beauty business of hairdressing.

Cons

After purchasing outright, I was charged over and over for updates and after paying monthly for the updates to keep my records available, I was told that once I stop paying monthly that my existing records would no longer be available to me.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

At the time it appeared to be exactly what I needed to run my Salon business. I had no idea that they would manipulate the information that I held and hold it hostage.

Ben from Journey Salon and Day Spa

Long history, but time for updates

Salon Iris does a great job of keeping my salon running smoothly. There are features that would be nice, but it is hard to beat the stability and track record of Salon Iris.

Pros

Salon Iris is very mature which results in a mostly bug free software. The installed Windows application is the most feature rich, and allows customizing to your specific salon.

Cons

The web application and the iOS app are different from each other, and they are different than the desktop site. When I am away from work I often have to switch between both in order to accomplish something. The software is long overdue for a complete update/overhaul to bring it into the 21st century. The support is ok for normal problems, but there is little work being done on feature requests or getting customer feedback on new features.

Frederick from Youphoria LLC

Excellent multi-faceted software

Salon Iris helps us to quickly and efficiently enter client info and check them out. The reporting available has made it easy to track and improve team and individual performance.

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive, meets all the needs of a full-service salon and spa. Love the text and email reminders and customer support!

Cons

The ability to send text receipts for checkout in addition to the already available email receipts would be nice. Could use a better inventory tracking system.

UMARIN from SELF INDULGENCE SPA

Great software but need additonal features

I have been with Salon iris for over 12 years. I hope there will be more improvement for marketing, online giftcard and free sms and emails to employees. I got charged a lot in months in use them. Very expensive for small business.

Pros

user friendly, serve all basic needs for spa. Very easy to train to staff and used by clients online. I will suggest anyone who is not the tech savy to use salon iris over other software.

Cons

1. You cannot offer complicated package like another software, integrating package usage for same households 2. no intake form and sales offer online. 3.Cannot use if the main computer is off.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

12 years ago salon iris is the best choice. For today, if the company had not given the special price to me, I probably left to vagaro.

Rebecca from Hair Depot, Inc

Salon Iris review

Monthly and Quartly reports have become must simpler for me the the use of Salon Iris. Scheduling appointments in advance especially for weekly customers is much easier.

Pros

I really like the versatility of being able to customize this program to our business. The Program is very easy to learn. I also like being able to look up past history of clients, pulling reports that let me know who has not visited for a service in a specific amount of time.

Cons

I have some difficulty using the software to its full potential. I dont have a lot of time to teach myself how to use extra features.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

After some research Salon Iris seemed to be what would help my needs the best.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Wanted a more efficient type of bookkeeping.

Clay from Relish Salon

Industry: Facilities Services

Review of Salon Iris

Pros

Fairly straightforward, mobile app, online access

Cons

I feel there should be more cohesion between the desktop program and the online version. It would be nice to access the full range of reports from my home office online.

Brandy from Bella Bella Hair Boutique, LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

Awesome booking assistant for a busy stylist!

Because I'm such a busy stylist. Sometimes I have to return calls hours later concerning appointments. Now my clients can book at their leisure 24/7.

Pros

I love the fact that my client s can book their own services and I can keep a report of earnings, formulas, etc

Cons

Clients cannot go back and edit their own appointments or move them..

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I liked the features of Salon Iris.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

I needed an online booking portal

judith from Ritz Hair Design

9+ years of use

Salon iris has helped substantially with my day to day salon duties and reports. I can be a self-sufficient as I choose to be, and I always know exactly what’s happening with my business.

Pros

This software was simple to set up and easy to learn. I use all the features from booking appointments, to doing my own payroll. The added features of on-line booking and reminder texts are appreciated by our clients.

Cons

It is frustrating now that we have changed to the cloud based system that there is sometime a lag in switching from screen to screen. It also came as a surprise that with my upgrade, I could no longer easily export reports to QuickBooks. I can, but it is more of. Process now.

Priscilla from Pure indulgence

Must have

Keeping stock take, showing everyones clients on 1 screen is a bonus so ithers know when they are free of busy. Keeping a record of the sales and transactions.

Pros

Super easy to use, adding clients changing times, paying for the service it all runs smoothly. I like how it keeps track throught the day, showing late customers no shows and then checking them in when they arrive. Keeping track of products on the system so you know how many you have left if your not so good at stock counting all the time. Just a really easy simple to use nice looking programe.

Liliana from Essentials Retreat

Monetary worth

Satisfactory. Their technicians are friendly, patient and most help you even with things like the printer and other things

Pros

Its simplicity. it's easy and convenient and the improvements, making it a quieter mind. I don't know yet if they have videos about the new features, yet

Cons

not being able to merge clients who make online appointments for the first time, because they already have an account, that most of the time is incorrect. So when they make the appointment online for the first time and with another email, don't let me put them together. Also the fact that their help is Monday through Friday, and Saturday for a limited time, is disappointing.

Luis from Sovellasalon

Awesome

Great

Pros

Great software and very easy to use ! I love using my email template to reach to customer .

Cons

Reliability , easy to use , emails , online service

Denise from Headdress Salon

Best salon software

It has my tax reports for my business and most of all the reminders that are sent out the day before so it decreases the amount of "no shows".

Pros

Client reminders, clients history and reports for end of the year taxes. Everything is at a touch of a button in this software.

Cons

Sometimes when I am using my iphone to schedule a client it puts the time and day I'm on at the moment. I always click on the day and time I want (and at times it does works) but most of the time it does not.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

The other software I was using didn't have reminders to sent out to my clients that I thought was very beneficial to my overall business.

Jenny from J esthetics

A Salon must have!

I love that Salon Iris is easy to use. It's simplified my business and my life. I no longer spend hours getting back to emails from my clients asking for appointments due to the simple, easy to use book online function. I'm able to keep track of inventory, sales, and it makes my tax season a breeze. Not to mention the reminder emails!! I no longer have to spend time at the end of my day, when I'm tired and just want to go home, calling clients to remind them of their appointments.

Pros

The function I like the best out of Salon Iris is the book online option. It's made my life so much easier!

Ayla from cosmetics

Gets the job done

Overall I have a good experience with Salon Iris, but I feel there is much room to improve in the ease of function and navigation.

Pros

The mobile accessibility and features like DemandForce for email and text messaging services, although I think the Salon Iris/DemandForce connection and compatibility could greatly improve.

Cons

Viewed from a desktop computer the system cuts off words thus making it difficult to read. Navigating various features like reports and email/text messages are difficult to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Seemed cheaper for a small business like mine (only one person). I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles.

Cornelia from Cornelia Skin-Care

No visible option {10 years ago) back in time

- Tech Service interested to push us on staying "STUPID" and spend lots of $$ instead to help us solve the glitch. - So, after such a long "partnership" we say to Salon Iris "Sayonara Boby" and move on. To all the users that need software for their work or salon: - Make a list of what exactly options do you need. - Google for those options and read other users' reviews. - Make sure you RUN a test for some time to see the + / - of the software. - Look at the Privacy and use of that particular software. - USE Square for your CC needs I'm not going to make advertising for the software we are using now but definitely is NOT Salon Iris. In the end, we wish all the best to DayDream Team and "speedy recovery" :)

Pros

Cover most of the needed day by day Salon & Spa Operation tasks. 10 years ago was not much tech or alternative available options.

Cons

Because we use this software 6 days a week for some years now, I have a chance to see what's NOT SO GOOD about it, and here are some of them: - The Software core was design back more than 10 years ago. - Very rigid with no option to add/remove any extensions that you need or not. - UI interface design do not change much over the years. - Very hoggy on computer resources, sometimes was needed lots of work to communicate with other computers or printers in the same network. - Company DaySmart does not lessen to clients need - IT Attitude, I know, What's new? - The credit card run was buggy and costly. - Reports need some work and coffee to come up with some tax documentation. - Recently the final straw. The email extension work on/off creating confusion among our clients.

May 2014

Vivian from Va Nail Salon

May 2014

I reviewed this item several years ago. I just wanted to update to clients looking or salon software. Salon Iris is a great expensive software for those looking for reports, payroll, booking, online booking options and mobile booking. Online booking is $30 extra. Mobile access is $9 per tech extra. To store data in "the cloud" it is $19 extra, get it cause I lost data twice. This is a good overall complete salon booking & POS program if you don't mind paying several hundreds of dollars to upgrade every 2-3 years. They need to upgrade their online booking software with mobile app access for clients and work out the kinks in the mobile app that they started a few years ago based on feedback from actual users. Pros: Very professional system. Marketing options. Free email & text reminders that you can edit. Multiple up to three services to book at one time online, not many software systems offer that. Great record options for sales, inventory and payroll. Somewhat easy to use online booking. Offers resource options to avoid double booking equipment/rooms. Offers POS options like a register. It will take a while to learn the system but they offer easy instructions and videos to learn how to use each service. The online booking option offers a nice website. They give an option to pay monthly for their software with a key you must enter monthly. Cons: Can't delete mobile appointments. Purchasing the system does not end after the buy. After purchasing the system I have paid $500-800 to upgrade twice since my original purchase in 2008. I did not pay for the last upgrade a few years ago. Upgrades can crash an old computer so you must use an updated computer for this software. The online booking website has not been updated/upgraded for over 8 years. Double books appointments when booking online. The company offers limited assistance until it's "upgrading time". Then you must pay for help and get no more upgrades.

Jenny from Jenny K’s Hair Studio

Great love it!

Overall really good customer service.

Pros

I’ve really enjoyed Salon Iris. I used to use the desktop version at a salon I worked at straight out of beauty school & that was years ago. Fast forward years later I have my own little studio & I use the app version on my phone to schedule appointments and manage my business. I find it easy to use and a good value for the money! I love the text message confirmation of appointment feature. It’s less work for me to do! Highly recommend.

Cons

Sometimes I was confused at check out times but now I learned just took me a few times.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I like the level of professionalism it holds. It’s really nice even on the app!

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

You know I just wasn’t a huge fan of square. I found it unprofessional.

Adiel from Vense Salon

Salón iris works for me!

Overall I give it an 85% approval. I like all the perks it’s got and will continue to use it.

Pros

Easy to use on a desktop and easy function on the app phone.... Love the email reminders and text message sent to all my clients. It has minimize no-shows.I

Cons

Not being able to see my schedule on my phone when we lose Internet on our desktop. Also not being able to make an appointment without the computer being connected to the app schedule.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Reviews seen on the Internet.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Terrible customer support and would not credit me for charges or services not rendered.

Savannah from Cosmetics

Hair salon software

Customer support is easily obtained when there is a problem, I just think that tasks which should be simple and quick, can take longer than they should because of unnecessary steps.

Pros

Salon iris is good for basic tasks a hair salon requires to manage appointments. It is relatively user friendly.

Cons

I think some improvements could be made when it comes to some of the features the software provides, such as managing the cash drawer, online booking, and wait list. There seem to be many unnecessary steps required to complete a simple task. This takes extra time, and time is very valuable.

Erin from Panzies Beauty Nook

I love salon Iris!!

I have used salon Iris for over 10 years, I started with there computer program and then moved to the app. I love all the functions that it offers! I would not switch to another scheduling app.

Pros

It is user friendly and is updated as needed to keep up with the changing times. It is the only scheduling app that I use. I recommend to all my stylist friends.

Cons

Can't say that there is much that I do not like about this program. If I were to change one thing... It would be that I can create an appt and checkout at the same time with our going to the checkout tab. :)

james from TEEZ Hair Studio

Industry: Writing and Editing

Decent but there are better options

There is better for the price

Pros

I liked the ease of use, and credit card processing is really nice. The online booking system is user friendly, not pretty but user friendly. Customer support is also great.

Cons

You can not ring out two people together, I own a salon and that makes things difficult. Storing a credit card is cumbersome and not easy. The reports are severely lacking if you are someone who is growing a staff. I have to calculate a lot of numbers myself. You can not print off travelers which is annoying when making changes to pricing and color formulas etc. not convenient for a busy salon environment. You can do somethings on the mobile app that you cant do on the desktop and vice versa. Although the initial customer support was nice,when I would ask for things all I would get back would be our installed version does that, if I wanted that version I would not have gotten the cloud. I like the cloud but there coding is quite dated and cant keep up.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Lots of promises of things to come that are not panning out and the customer service are of no help.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

It does not work for my company nor is it cost effective when others can do more for the same price.

Heather from Black Cat Salon

Makes life easier

I love the text confirmations.The business reports really help me steer the ship!

Pros

Salon Iris is wonderful and has made the reception duties a breeze. Also keeps track of all the important business info.

Cons

After 6 plus years of using I still don’t utilize all its features. I really wish there were more training on the marketing/ business features. Like a workshop for business or even online industry specific training courses.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

Salon iris’s online booking and text confirmation. As well as the remote viewing from my phone.

Janet from The Glass Ceiling Hair Salon

Happy

The support team has been very helpful...just call and they help you on the spot .. You don't always get that. I am not one that likes to be called back.....I usually need you now. The cost is very reasonable... which I also like.....

Pros

Cons

I haven't found a negative yet...and thats pretty special.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

The people I spoke to were extremely helpful. That sold me.

Reasons for Switching to Salon Iris

As much as I like the software, It was more complicated that I deal with. I felt like it was designed for business/s with more than 1 location...and employee based for sure. Great detailed reports....but could not give the information for a 1099.

John from Vivid Hair Boutique

4th year using the software that creates intermittent errors in calculating totals on invoices.

Works well as long as you have a system in place to monitor errors and know how to correct the errors. We currently still use the software

Pros

Easy to use and would be fantastic if the software team could resolve a couple of issues we've had. We still use the software as we are aware of it's flaw and can be easily corrected.

Cons

Salon Iris software occasionally creates errors in calculating totals on tickets (receipts). For example... the last error we found was an invoice that did not include the tax in the total for the client to pay. Instead it showed the tax as a change amount to return to the client. Salon Iris customer support can never recreate the multiple errors we have found and therefore can not send an update to fix the problem. I suggest current users to check the sales and taxes charged balance with the money collected each day to verify there have been no errors. If you find an error... you can easily correct it be editing the ticket, delete and re-enter a service, product or tip and the software will auto correct it's error. Also would not produce a report that was request by a government auditor that asked us for a single report to show... invoice no., date, product purchase, service purchase, tax 1 and tax 2 for a specific time period We are using version 10 and will update once issues have been addressed. Otherwise, we may look for an alternative.

Larissa from Urban Skin Care

We thrive with this program

We have work with this program for over 15 years now and it was the first we converted to from paper to pencil booking and never looked back.

Pros

How organized it keep everything. We can check notes, previous appointments or products purchases...etc. Very helpful to our business.

Cons

We a trying to figure out the frequency of confirming and canceling appointment notifications. Some of the clients don't enjoy to constant sending of confirmed messages.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Love how easy it was to use and how it was specific to the spa industry