All DaySmart Salon Reviews

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Comprehensive Platform foe your spa/salon business

PROS

I love that it has a booking calendar for appointments, client management, and POS all in one! Super straight forward for inventory, scheduling, adding employees and clients to the system.

CONS

There are a few areas that could be more user friendly. Overriding and customizing things like packages and gift certificates is a little messy.

Cassandra

Reviewed February 2020

Best booking system hands down

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesn’t offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

PROS

I love this software . It’s detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really can’t say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

CONS

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Its features and functionality are far superior to anything else on the market

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Because Vagaros website would crash and freeze up constantly leaving us without a way to check out clients .

Heather

Reviewed February 2022

Recently switched to DaySmart

So far I am disappointed and hope that something comes to market with the features I need because this one is just in need of too many improvements

PROS

I like that the system allows booth renters to receive their funds directly and commissioned service providers can remain on a separate payroll. Not easy to set this up, but this was the only software/ POS system I could find that had this capability. This is important because it allows consistency in my shop and all customers can check out in one place.

CONS

There are so many things I don't like about this software; if another system becomes available that allows booth renters to be paid direct while commission employees to be paid through the shop payroll and has the other features I need, I will be switching again. Don't like: 1- phone/iPad app doesn't allow alot of important features that are only available on the desktop version 2- the system is slow and lags a lot 3- payroll is not included and you must pay a separate payroll provider (such as gusto or paychex etc) 4- System is expensive for what you get- on top of the monthly software cost, you need to pay a separate payroll provider and you have to rent or buy a credit card machine ($30 a month rental on top of the already expensive costs) 5- set up was difficult and you get very minimal help with it 6- there are too many separate departments, making it difficult to problem solve (ie. merchant processing is totally separate from the POS/software and communication between departs is awful) 7- bad communication- ordered a card reader, it was awful and didn't work, the new one was supposed to arrive weeks ago and we still haven't received it. If we didn't call, they would never keep us in the loop). 8- if you are not tech savvy you will have trouble learning this system- interfaces are so different from tablet to desktop and there are too many moving parts. This system has the potential t be good, but has a LONG way to go

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Phorest didn't have the pay features I needed Squire is awful if you carry a variety of retail

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Square was lacking certain features and financially raping me

Joseph

Salon Iris Review

It's great that the client can have an interaction with the software Having the ability to view the appointment book without being in the salon

PROS

The ease of use, can be used immediately after unpacking Keep track of your financial health Tracks your product usage Gives you a great database of your clientele

CONS

When there is no internet, you cannot view your appointment book If the server is down so is the client (if you have more than one computer) No manual Too many add on's that cost you additional funds Weekly total's have to be done one day at a time No loyalty discounts for continued purchasing

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Have the ability to own the software without additional fees or updates

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

I could not purchase the software

tiffanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

PROS

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

CONS

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The feature didnt fit my needs

Kevin

Reviewed January 2024

Simple to use out of the box....but

unfortunately customer service falls very short. it is generally 45min-90min wait. or they can call you back at a callback number, and sometimes that has taken 3-5 hours. and as mentioned, they're good for just giving you a tutorial on how to do something, but if something is broken, dont expect it to ever get fixed, or for them to ever give you an update. if they say theyll follow up, they never will.

PROS

Inexpensive, with a lot of features, and very simple to use. Also has an app as well, which a lot of times is better than the web application. text message notifications and communications both on the web and on the app are great. client support is good if you just need a tutorial on how to do something.

CONS

drastic inconsistencies in functionality of the app vs the web client. a lot of times the app has more functionality, which is odd. very limited in reporting. no customizable reports. cannot run a basic report of my clients appointments. cannot run a basic report of who have outstanding prepaid services or packages, so i just have to guess which clients have outstanding treatments and look up their profiles one by one. and they claimed they had no back end way to pull that information either, which i find difficult to imagine. a database must exist for this system to exist, and it would be next to impossible that they cannot query information from that database. so they basically just don't want to. and client support is useless when it comes to an issue. had many of these instances, but the most recent was the final straw, whne my app could not schedule an appointment, add to an appointment, or change an appointment for over 12 months. seems like a pretty major issue. i had to open 6 tickets with them over the course of 12 months, and i never received a single email, phone call, or update in that 12 month period. they said they couldn't recreate the issue so they dropped it. didn't provide any updates to me or even tell me they dropped it or tried to troubleshoot with me. 12 months is a long time for a scheduling app not to be able to schedule an appointment.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

simple to use out of the box without being overly complicated, and had a good amount of features. good software if you're just a user and don't need to do any analysis or any more than just your total sales.

Shae

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Owner/operator

They are always friendly but don’t listen to the customer that keeps them in business,

PROS

Customer service and having a software that has been around a while.

CONS

This software is very very very dated. Stylist are now require deposits charged before booking a appointment, require you to pay for the entire appointment in some cases and charging for no shows instantly. I have complained and complained yet they continue to add features that they can make money off of instead of catering to our request. It’s my third time returning and was told it was better and found out that wasn’t true. I am very unhappy with salon iris and as soon as I can find something that caters to the new age way of handling my salon then I’m leaving. I have spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] several time month after month and it’s hopeless. Shame

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Because I was with them before and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] said they had deposit feature anc no show feature like square. Lies! And now that he has been made aware nothing has been done and I don’t think they intend to

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Because the features weren’t conducive to my needs. Square is also careering to the kitchen beautician by not requiring addresses anymore.

Susan

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on “no shoes” and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! We’ve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST I’ve found!

PROS

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

CONS

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

The added features were the deal maker. It’s such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Our computer was extremely outdated and crashed. We were forced to switch and are glad we did.

Allison

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

PROS

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

CONS

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and customer support were big qualifiers for why I chose salon Iris.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Timely was not as professional as I would’ve liked it to have been.

Reviewed May 2021

Enjoyable Experience

Salon Iris just needs a way to transfer and transition companies that want to switch and not just start up, but they have a 5 gold star product on their hands here.

PROS

I loved that this was a totally, completely, 110%, didn't leave anything out, comprehensive plus the kitchen sink software system for running any small business. It covered emails, advertising, websites, payments, scheduling and booking, literally not a stone unturned. This made the process of starting a fledgling company absolute as cohesive and efficient as possible in a rather visually capturing way.

CONS

We ended up not choosing them to use though because of the comprehensiveness and total coverage because it would have been too difficult to integrate their entire system in with the system/s already being used because some had been purchased already and the clinic was already up some running. If we could have switched all our existing data and moved it in to their new system during its initiation, it would have been chosen hands down.

Pam

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false can’t use them and the information is key to growing my business

PROS

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

CONS

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Could purchase not lease now I’m on a month to month lease with Salon iris. So I have to admit I’m looking elsewhere

Pietro

Reviewed June 2022

Strong features — payroll reporting needs work

Good. Everyone is always pleasant when I reach out.

PROS

The app. Ease of pulling reports. Need more portable pos solutions like a small tablet that can be handed to the client to pay.

CONS

I have asked for this before and I’m not sure why this hasn’t been fixed. We use tier commission for our stylists, but the calculation in DaySmart is wrong — so I can’t use it. Wish it integrates better with QuickBooks.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Stylists used saloniris at previous place I’d employment.

Jon

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

PROS

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

CONS

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour. We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments. Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information. Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

While other systems may have an easier interface to navigate salon iris has been around longer and hasn't tried to over simplify their system to the point where we lose more than we gain. The customer service is beyond exceptional and we are always helped very quickly and effectively!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2017

4th year using the software that creates intermittent errors in calculating totals on invoices.

Works well as long as you have a system in place to monitor errors and know how to correct the errors. We currently still use the software

PROS

Easy to use and would be fantastic if the software team could resolve a couple of issues we've had. We still use the software as we are aware of it's flaw and can be easily corrected.

CONS

Salon Iris software occasionally creates errors in calculating totals on tickets (receipts). For example... the last error we found was an invoice that did not include the tax in the total for the client to pay. Instead it showed the tax as a change amount to return to the client. Salon Iris customer support can never recreate the multiple errors we have found and therefore can not send an update to fix the problem. I suggest current users to check the sales and taxes charged balance with the money collected each day to verify there have been no errors. If you find an error... you can easily correct it be editing the ticket, delete and re-enter a service, product or tip and the software will auto correct it's error. Also would not produce a report that was request by a government auditor that asked us for a single report to show... invoice no., date, product purchase, service purchase, tax 1 and tax 2 for a specific time period We are using version 10 and will update once issues have been addressed. Otherwise, we may look for an alternative.

George

Reviewed May 2023

Running a successful salon with DaySmart since 2006

Great experience, do wish I had the ability to book a client the last things booked. Like a quick hot button that auto places the services they last had. I also really like the text message capabilities. Have a last minute cancelation, send a text and bam its filled.

PROS

Booking and reporting. They work all the time and every time. Good reports for the accountant. The latest features of text reminders and text appointment scheduling are awesome. Clients love this new feature.

CONS

Text messaging can sneak up on you in pricing. So I have to be mindful on how many I send. Would like to be able to create my own reports but its a little limited. Or even a custom report that pulls a couple things, similar maybe pivot tables in excel that can give me a snapshot of the business metrics I'm looking for with one click.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Features and Pricing lined up nicely. For what some of the others charge it should come with a full time receptionist. Some had so many bells and whistles that not even I would come close to using all of them.

Simran

Reviewed July 2022

Phone app does not work properly

PROS

Easy to learn for new employees . Good customer service

CONS

Phone app always give trouble booking appointments or blocking time. Always need to referesh app of redownload

Easy customer service