All SpotOn Reviews

Chuck

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Spoton partnership

They have improved our business in many ways helping us grow revenue through their different programs such as loyalty and QR ordering.

PROS

I feel like they are truly a partner to my business

CONS

They had some growing pains when we first start. They were new at the time but there customer service was excellent during those times.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Aloha was behind the times when we switched and were not flexible to work with some 3rd party partners we wanted to use.

We love to hear it, Chuck. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Replied September 2023

GABRIELA

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Customer support is always amazing!

Customer service representative, [sensitive content hidden], has been with me throughout this journey, always assisting me in finding solutions for specific issues. He has shown great patience and is bilingual, communicating with me in my native language. An amazing individual,[sensitive content hidden] is my go-to person for any topic my boss asks me about in Spoton. We have been traveling together for a year.

PROS

I find all the tools I use to enhance my marketing campaigns to be fantastic. I begin by sending emails, and then we implement a reward program that people can enjoy through discounts. Additionally, we have tools that allow customers to make reservations online, and a waiting list (which helps a lot on busy days) . SpotOn offers numerous benefits, including integration with Doordash, Uber Eats, and other platforms for receiving online orders, e-gift cards, and much more.

CONS

I would like to implement sending text messages to customers, also another business offers an AI to answer phone calls as a filter to connect with real customers by phone when we get a call. If we implement this, we will be the first to do so.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Aldelo is solely for placing orders from the server to the kitchen, nothing more.

We appreciate your feedback, Gabriela, and want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with our products and customer support team. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we've passed along your feedback on text messaging, and AI phone calls to the appropriate teams. Thank you for being a part of the SpotOn family.

RESUL

Reviewed June 2024

Owner company

PROS

Nothing like anything. It’s terrible. Don’t waste your time and money’s.

CONS

Garbage .. that’s it. Just stress and issues every week

We're sorry to hear you've experienced difficulties working with us and want to help make this right. Please reply to our direct message with your contact information so we can assist you better.

Replied June 2024

Angela

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great Customer Support

We have not had any major issues. Ease of use and building menus and making changes is a great benefit. Customer service has been great.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] assisted us in making sure we were able to make our expo screen work to fit our needs. If he was not able to assist with features we wanted to be able to use, he researched how to make them work for us. [sensitive content hidden] has always been a great help with questions regarding answered quickly and made sure I was passed on to the correct person, to assist us.

CONS

The order entering screen is sometimes way more steps than it seems it should be.

We appreciate the feedback, Angela, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our customer support team and look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Antonio

SpotOn POS

[sensitive content hidden] has been an invaluable resource for our restaurant business. His expertise in restaurant software and exceptional customer service has been second to none. Our payroll and reporting processes have been seamlessly integrated, and the user-friendly interface has made training a breeze. With [sensitive content hidden] help, we have been able to easily manage multiple locations and administrators. Our overall experience with [sensitive content hidden] has been nothing short of exceptional, and we highly recommend his services to any restaurant business.

PROS

Customer service, friendly usage, overall platform, integración capabilities, progressive software, Reporting.

CONS

As with any software there are multiple updates, I would like to take parts of the mavens to improve the customer experience.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Cost savings,good customer service and overall experience

Thanks for the shoutout, Antonio! Customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience with our team. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

MARIA

Exceptional Service from Spot On/[sensitive content hidden]

PROS

I recently had the pleasure of working with Spot On, particularly with [sensitive content hidden], and I must say, the service provided was exceptional. From the moment we inquired about their Point of Sale (POS) system, [sensitive content hidden] was attentive, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond to ensure we got the best deal possible. One of the standout aspects of our experience was the competitive rate offered for their POS system. Not only did Spot On match the rates of a popular POS system, but they actually managed to beat it, which was a pleasant surprise. This demonstrated their commitment to providing value for their customers. Moreover, [sensitive content hidden] expertise and professionalism were evident throughout the process. He took the time to understand our specific needs and tailored the solution accordingly. He patiently addressed all our questions and concerns, ensuring we felt confident in our decision. Overall, I highly recommend Spot On and [sensitive content hidden] Monroy for anyone in need of a reliable POS system and exceptional service. Their competitive rates, coupled with their personalized approach, make them a standout choice in the industry.

CONS

A few months ago, we had problems with our credit card processing. They quickly found out that the software was outdated so they quickly updated it. Problem resolved.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

They offered better price that fit our budget.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Cake's customer service went downhill since the change of ownership.

Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review, Maria. Customer service is important to us, and we're so happy to hear about your positive experience with our team. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Replied February 2024

Sunny

Reviewed November 2020

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

PROS

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

CONS

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

The reporting end. The flexibility and the fact that you do all the programing in house. They are not just a company selling a product that they cant fix.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Northstar was a nightmare.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR

Overall things are great. The support system is much improved than it was originally. I would still suggest that the same person working on a support ticket follow it through to the end/completion. We often have 3-4 people try to help us with issues and have to repeat the problem several times to get them up to speed. We are pleased with the improvements in reliability of the system compared to a year ago this time.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR! We have had the great fortune of working with him over the last 6 months. He is a man of many talents. He has helped us troubleshoot and resolve some printer issues (hardware), and worked through some programming issues (software) with our integration to R365 accounting. He is always very easy to work with and quick to respond. He is willing to really dig deep and figure out our issues. We love working with him.

CONS

Early on we could tell that you were growing too fast and too big. There were lots of situations with lapse in communication and release of new features that didn't work properly. As well several times that the reporting sites when down during very busy shifts. It didn't earn a lot of trust with our teams. We really want to implement the Handheld devices for our servers and the product is completely different than the workstation. Its like teaching someone to use 2 different systems. Make them the same please. AND SOON!

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

We used MICROS POS but its not listed on the optiosn. Payment processing was included. Cloud based. OLO integrations. Other feature integrations like waitlist

We appreciate your feedback, Daniel, and want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we've passed along your feedback on our handhelds and work stations. We're glad to hear about your experience with your Restaurant Success Manager and that you've had an improved experience with our support team. Customer service is extremely important to use. Thank you for being a part of the SpotOn family, Daniel and we look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Replied February 2024

Juliane

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

SpotOn Review for Multiple Brands & Locations

Overall we are pleased with SpotOn POS in all of our restaurants. Being so new to the game, it feels at times that their support teams are learning as they go. There are things we have had to figure out on our own with loyalty, gift card processing, email marketing, etc. Sense of urgency when it comes to support is an area of opportunity for SpotOn on, but [sensitive content hidden] and the other members of the Restaurant Success Team have been able to jump in and assist as needed.

PROS

The Above Store dashboard is extremely helpful and easy to use. Reporting is detailed and in real time. Menu Item programming and screen layout is very user friendly and easier than other POS systems. SpotOn Reserve is a great addition at all of our locations and helps speed up seating, wait list estimates, organize reservations and makes our Host teams more efficient. [sensitive content hidden] (SpotOn Restaurant Success Manager) has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She is hands down the most knowledgeable and helpful person on their team!

CONS

Our initial launch was a little rocky, and rolling out gift cards with Valutec and the loyalty program through SpotOn had quite a few speed bumps.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Our restaurant group has multiple brands and locations that were all using different systems. We made the switch to streamline our POS systems across 20 restaurants and make reporting, accounting, loyalty and gift cards universal across brands.

We appreciate your feedback, Juliane. We will be sure to pass this along to the Restaurant Success Team! Small businesses are at the core of local communities, and we're proud to help support you and your business.

Replied February 2023

Nick

Reviewed February 2020

Best system ever!

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

PROS

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

CONS

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Ease-of-use, and affordability. I also appreciate not being required to have as much Hardware on premise

Nick

Reviewed April 2020

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

PROS

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

CONS

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

Personal service, reporting features.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

It was so old and outdated. It worked fine but things like adding items and understanding our numbers was so cryptic. I felt like I was entering binary code into our back office computer every day. And the service from our previous provider was non-existent.

Debbie

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Eischen's Bar and SpotOn

From the very beginning when we started using SpotOn only for credit cards we have felt valued as a customer. This value has only increased as we moved into the POS system. Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made sure if he did not know the answer he investigates and found it for us during our decision making process. He was very diligent in his response and overall communications and continues to be available for our needs. The support staff with SpotOn especially Don Bisbee has made sure our conversion to SpotOn's POS system was a very positive experience. He continues to check in and be available for all of our needs. Don spend many hours with us during the conversion and made sure we were extremely comfortable with the product before his next install. His attention to detail in regards to the KDS portion of the POS was invaluable. He is a great representative of SpotOn

PROS

This was our second POS system and the anxiety of change was high. SpotOn did a great job in working with us from the menu design through install date. We are a unique restaurant that is very set in our ways. SpotOn did a great job grasping our needs and adjusting / showing which portion of their software would work for us. The software is very user friendly and was easier to adjust to than expected. SpotOn has been very prompt with any questions/requests/problems we have come across thus eliminating them.

CONS

We include taxes with our food items and the existing Daily Sale Reports breakdown as net. We have been able to adjust our reporting to accommodate and SpotOn is always working on new reports. It would also be nice to have a product mix report you can run for a specific timeframe.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

SpotOn made us feel valued as a family business and worked hand in hand with us to create the POS system layout we needed for our restaurant.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Our system was purchased from a local company in 2013. We were very spoiled by working with a small company that valued our business. That company was bought out from NCR and our system was antiquated. NCR support was difficult to communicate with and the response time was slower than we were used to.

This is music to our ears! We appreciate your input and value your business. Thank you for the feedback on reporting; I've reached out to your account rep to try to help find a solution to the reporting limitation you're experiencing. We look forward to finding a solution for you!

Replied April 2022

Sheila

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Great product that needs fine tuning

Customer service has been great and they are always kind. They helped go through the system when I got the new pos in the store.

PROS

I like the ability to provide a discount for cash sales. The POS is user friendly. The layout is user friendly. The website created was better than I expected.

CONS

I could not merge my gift cards that I previously used because there were letters in the code. I now have to accept as cash and then the reports are incorrect. Any customers that I had with loyalty before do not merge to SpotOn because I did not use phone numbers for in store orders. The first POS system was never shipped so I needed a new order to have one shipped. I spent weeks on the phone with tech support because it was not updating properly and finally I was sent a new system that is working properly. I am now charged for multiple POS systems although I only have one. I have spent a month trying to get it sorted out but have not been refunded for the overcharge and although billing cancelled the extra equipment, I am being charged again extra for this month. Virtual Terminal is not great for sending invoices and does not sync with inventory. Big problem when the business is selling inventory. Not able to exchange an item.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

I needed to add an app for every little thing. Some were free and some charged a fee. It got more expensive and I also didn’t feel like I had everything that would make the app function the best.

Thank you for the feedback, Sheila. We passed this on to client services, and I'm happy to hear a team member has helped to resolve your pain points and billing issues. Please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com for additional assistance.

Replied June 2023

Bret

Reviewed November 2020

Glad I made the switch

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

PROS

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!! I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

CONS

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Reason for choosing SpotOn

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Rachel

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

SpotOn review for Rachel's Cafe and Creperie

very good! we have had minimal issues and when we do they are usually pretty quick and easy to fix

PROS

ease of use and our friendly and SUPER helpful local tech wizard [sensitive content hidden]

CONS

has the occasional glitch and the phone customer service line can be tricky and take a long time to get through/get a call back sometimes

Reason for choosing SpotOn

the people were the friendliest and most helpful to customize our very customizable menu

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

they didnt have online ordering that worked for us

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review, Rachel. We're happy to hear about your experience with customer service, and we've passed along your additional feedback on glitches & wait times to the appropriate teams on our end. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Replied November 2023

Susan

Reviewed November 2022

Can’t believe we didn’t use them from the beginning

Every aspect of this POS is very understandable & easy. For any questions we gave customer support is always there to help. As the Accountant for this restaurant the back of the house reports & getting payroll information & fixing things is so simple & takes me half the time to do payroll compared to the old POS. New employees gave no problem learning the POS.

PROS

Everything from the process of giving them what they needed to get us started for what we needed in a POS system to the installation to their customer service & especially the easy use of the POS & getting reports!

CONS

Nothing, all questions were answered, easy process and we have everything we need.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

At the time we were very frustrated with the RIOS system we had at the time and at that time, Dora, our sales person, came into the restaurant. We sat down & talked to her & after doing research of the company & the answers we got from Dora we very convinced that SpotOn was the one to go with.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Bad customer service, took too long or to difficult to update anything, not very friendly for new employees, too many steps for anyone to complete payroll by having to go here & there & sometimes, which was a lot not being able to access the reports that were needed & etc!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, Susan! We really appreciate this feedback and your business. We look forward to continuing our partnership.

Replied November 2022