• Pros

• "I love the ease of access of this product the most. Business people hardly have time for anything other than running their business. This software makes everything quick and easy!"

• "Very efficient and never let's us down! Easy to use. "

• "Love the fact that everything lives within the same ecosystem. Emails, management, analytics etc. EASY "

• Cons

• "So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!"

• "A few minor bumps getting it all going, but with the exceptional customer support we are now smooth sailing!!!"

• "Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it "

Browse SpotOn Restaurant Reviews

Rick from The Freedom Group

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

A True Game Changer

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor. SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

Pros

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

Cons

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Sunny from Unsleeping Eye Corp

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

The reporting end. The flexibility and the fact that you do all the programing in house. They are not just a company selling a product that they cant fix.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Northstar was a nightmare.

Pete from Pizza Monk LLC / DBA Bella Pizza

For Bella Pizza, SpotOn POS is Spot On!

From the initial consultation, to ordering, to implementation and integration the entire Process of on-boarding the SpotOn POS System has been seamless and has exceeded our expectations. In particular, I can’t say enough about the Integration Team, the Tech Support, and the Sales Support. They’ve been there 24/7 to make sure our on-boarding and integration has been smooth.

Pros

The SpotOn Software is intuitive, flexible, and easily updated in real-time. Love the marketing features and integration of 3rd Party Delivery Apps.

Cons

Honestly, we haven’t really had any problems so far.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

SpotOn provided a better product and a better value.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Our previous POS system was not able to provide the marketing and digital tools we were looking for.

Jason from Jason James Pizza Bistro

SpotOn in Vegas

My reps have been great. My guy who programmed my equipment was great. Install was a piece of cake. Disappointed with loyalty program, quality of website (not easy to work with). CC processing percentage just a hair over 2%.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to make adjustments and changes quickly and easily. If ever any difficulty, customer support usually helps me through it quickly.

Cons

Issues in the programming. Had an issue with my tablets where the guests tips were disappearing after swiping on unit and guest signing electronically. 9 months later the issue is still not solved.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Pricing, being able to break up cost of hardware over 12 months, my rep, partnership to "Its a Checkmate" to integrate 3rd party apps directly into system.

Ben from Dewey's Pizza

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

Pros

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices. It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants. An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry. Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts. The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way. User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting. Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Cons

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Hardware flexibility, price, no long-term contracts.

Bret from Giligins / Castaways Bars

Glad I made the switch

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Pros

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!! I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Tobby n Tabitha from Sumpthin Southern

Troubles gone away

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pros

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Cons

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the sales rep sold the product well.

nimer from The Fat Pie LLC

EASE of Use

Love it- easy to use, team helps ALOT whenever I have issues or concerns. GREAT to work with

Pros

Cons

Only thing is I need better social media coverage

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

The Agent I worked with was caring, empathetic and actually wanted what was best for my business. I in turn gave him 7 locations and will give him more b/c of that.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Toast was not helpful, didn't reach out to me when I needed help, very pricey and the sales rep did not care about MY business.

Tim from Hungry Tummy Corner Pub

Spoton restaurant POS and programs

Over all it’s been a great program and great company to work with. Look forward to years of a great relationship.

Pros

Ease of back office functions Online ordering

Cons

The loyalty program functionality isn’t quite what I wanted but they are working on changes that I believe will be better

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Because they are awesome!!!

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Spoton was much easier to work with. Maitre’de is not US based and so you have to work with distributors and not directly with the software company.

Tara from Airport Cities VFW 10454

Airport Cities VFW 10454

I love the fact that I can check on my business from my phone anywhere.

Pros

Spoton allowed us to convert from a bar to a restaurant during Covid with great ease. We are able to offer apple pay and contactless pay, that we were not able to offer before. The integration was easy and effortless during the transition of our old POS,

Cons

The only con that I have is that Spoton offers so much as far as social media marketing, delivery integration and reports that I have not had enough time to explore all that Spoton offers.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

A friend recommended the product.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Converting from a bar to a restaurant during COVID.

BRANDY from Riley's

Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn is exactly what restaurants need!!!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with SpotOn is our sales representative and has provided excellent onsite service. Every issue and question has been answered or addressed within hours if not minutes. The customer service team has been on top of any issue that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could not personally handle. They are timely and informative. I can't say enough good about this company and software. A true breathe of fresh air!!!

Pros

SpotOn is easy to teach, easy to use and easy to customize on the fly for our daily changing business. After using another Restaurant POS system this one is what we should have started with. Wasted a ton of money with another vendor prior to finding SpotOn. This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.

Cons

I have not found a con with this software. It is exactly what my business needed.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Ease of use and Customer service

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Cake did not provide support

Andrew from FloBama Music Hall

Game Changer

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Nick from Bricks Chicago

Industry: Restaurants

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pros

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Cons

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Personal service, reporting features.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

It was so old and outdated. It worked fine but things like adding items and understanding our numbers was so cryptic. I felt like I was entering binary code into our back office computer every day. And the service from our previous provider was non-existent.

Julia from Asheville POS

The best POS system I've ever used

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

Pros

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

None of these other systems have anywhere close to the level of support as SpotOn. I used to have nightmares about calling support for Aloha, Clover, etc, but now I actually enjoy calling support! A human at their call center in Detroit picks up immediately! Plus, you can tell that SpotOn was built exclusively for restaurants, unlike many others that are credit card companies first.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

I've actually tried many different POS systems in my career in the restaurant industry, and SpotOn is the only one I would recommend to restaurant owners. The staff loves it, the managers love it, and the owners love it because it helps the have happy staff, become more profitable and save everyone a tremendous amount of time!

Rachael from THE BRIXTON

Progressive POS

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Personal relationship was the first thing that attracted me to Spot On, the whole integration sales team and their personal investment in the restaurant and my satisfaction was remarkable. After using the system it was a no brainer that Spot On was the POS for my restaurant.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Unsatisfied with the user/admin advancement of the programming.

Harshil from Fatboys

Hidden Charges

I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Pros

Its really great for Restaurants

Cons

Speed and easy to operate

Give try to new Product on Market

Steuart from Antonio’s Pizza and Pasta

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Pros

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

Cons

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Focus was horrible and customer support was non existent

brian from Chew group LLC dba the burger joint

Stands out from others

Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

Pros

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

Cons

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Customization. Integration. Ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

To integrate cloud solutions.

Nick from TooRaLoo

Best system ever!

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Ease-of-use, and affordability. I also appreciate not being required to have as much Hardware on premise

Bart from FloBama

Great Experience and Awesome Support

The support is award winning in my opinion. Quick responses to early on questions and transparent pricing. Value added 3rd party add one.

Pros

Cloud based with reporting on the cloud. The fact that I can be off premise and have live data and managers app was huge. No contract was impressive and let me know they are with us through good and bad with option to walk away.

Cons

Wish inventory management was more robust or offered within. Not huge issue.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

We couldn’t justify the price of others for same features we got with SpotOn.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Wanted cloud based solution and tired of paying outrageous support fee every year with limited availability and hold times sometimes hours.

Afrim from Luigis Italian restaurant

This is the one you need for business to run

Fabulous

Pros

Very simple to use it and fast to learn

Cons

Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it

Easy to use it

Better

Tori from Wilds Bar & Grill

Great product

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Software was out of date and we were going to have to upgrade our current system. Shopped around and went with something different.

Neil from The Gardeners' Spot

Industry: Farming

Great Restaurant Software - Working to be Great Retail Software

Having become a SpotOn customer in the middle of a pandemic and seeking to use their restaurant software for a retail store, it had many technical and operational challenges. We were both working in uncharted waters and it was difficult at times. Eventually, SpotOn was able to step up and provide the right level of support to help us. Their support team was always friendly and would frequently escalate matters as they worked to adapt their software for a retail platform. Because changes were instantaneous, we went through a period of incremental changes in order to keep our operation running while adapting the software to our needs. Today, they are proactive in checking on our account and help us quickly when necessary.

Pros

It has online shopping capabilities. In the start of the pandemic, we had to create an online shopping experience in our retail food barn to serve our vulnerable population. SpotOn was there and was competitively priced.

Cons

The customization and setup were initially complicated. There was a steep learning curve for the staff. This was mainly due to our attempt to use restaurant software to run a retail store. But, we made it work with the help of SpotOn support.

Ray from Tahoe Restaurant Group

Industry: Restaurants

Best Nex Gen POS on the market!

It is so refreshing to implement changes and upgrades that take minutes instead of days. We are no longer limited to being physically at the restaurant in order to access reports and data.

Pros

Finally, after 30 years in the restaurant industry, we have a POS system that has taken our operations to the next level. Our initial install (which took one day), was seamless and by far the easiest that we have ever experienced. At the top of our list of why we are true believers in SpotOn, is their amazing support and team. The SpotOn system is easy to use, intuitive for team members, and provides all the critical reporting capabilities. The value proposition of SpotOn Restaurant cannot be beat, and we highly recommend making the switch.

Cons

All of our initial concerns and "needs" were resolved very quickly. My team was so excited about "customizing" our new POS system that we had to push them out of the office and back on to the dining room floor.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Outstanding customer support and Ease of Use. Seamless integration and intuitive software.

Adam from The Brixton

Finally!!

Awesome!!

Pros

After so many years of living with the dinosaur Aloha we have arrived at the wave of the future. Not only a great POS for restaurants but SpotOn has the most competitive merchant processing rates in the business! Support infrastructure is the best i've ever seen.

Cons

Wish the layout of some of the buttons was a little more user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Tired of dealing with an outdated system.

Brent from Bungalow Kitchen

We love Spot On

So far is been nothing but pleasurable easy to use great communication with upper management seems like they really care about your clients and you’re not getting lost in a queue.

Pros

It took no time for our team to understand this software it was easy transition from our old system to spot on plus the tech support was great if problems arose they quickly responded.

Cons

Nothing at all at this time ............

Sean from Chicken Shack

Really Good POS software

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Pros

Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now.

Cons

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

Price

Price

Melanie from Mimis bistro

Mimis bistro

Like it

Pros

Customer service was great. Not sure How I feel about anything else since we’ve only been using it a month.

Cons

Payroll font is too small, larger format. More information needed for my tax reports

Customer service

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Hated it, terrible customer service!

Lorelei from Everything Bagel

SO HAPPY!!

AWESOME!

Pros

It does everything to make the experience easier for my employees and the customer.

Cons

Nothing, it’s easy to learn and there isn’t much it can’t do.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

The customer service is exceptional.

To many hidden fees!

Jeffery from Stogies Cigar Emporium and Coffee house Inc.

Amazing company!

It’s “Spot On” !

Pros

I have been purchasing and using POS devices in my multiple different bars and restaurants for 25 years. I have had every kind of system known to man and this software and customer service is incomparable to any other system I have used.

Cons

I have not found a flaw worth mentioning.

Customer service.

Joe from Panino's North Oaks

Happy as a Panino

Positive experience to say the least. This POS has allowed us to add stations throughout the restaurant so servers have quick easy access. Management and accounting have access to data quickly and easily. There is a recurring theme, easy. SpotOn Restaurant has simply made order entry, payment processing, tracking and accounting easy.

Pros

Designed with intuitive screen navigation which allows for easy training and use. Our servers, managers, accounting department can easily find what they need quickly. Time is money.

Cons

We haven't run into any issues or lack of performance with this software. If we do I am sure our customer service person will be able to get it addressed.

Joseph from Belladina’s Pizzeria

Belladinas

Happy

Pros

Easy to use and the promise that they are growing and constantly updating

Cons

Inability to engage customer in rewards and contact information

Sales person

Sheila from Partners In Capital & Assoc., LLC

SpotOn is a highly user friendly & efficient product!

This is a product that has made us see how antiquated and inefficient our old system really was! We also have a much higher level of security with this system as we had several fraud chargebacks with our old system. Now we are secure with SpotOn!

Pros

We love the ease of use & being able to change and manage our menus, website and also have the direct online ordering to save huge $$ by customers ordering directly they use instead of a 3rd party app! The terminals are sleek and adaptable to our business needs.

Price & customer support

Nate from Padrecito Restaurant

SpotOn review

Pros

The online ordering with direct tickets to kitchen and bar is a huge advantage this system has. It had increased both revenue and efficiency.

Cons

There are a few software upgrades that are still in the works that are needed and are being worked on.

Ajay from Lovejoy Cafe

SpotOn Restaurant review

So far, so good. We have some items on our wish list but no major hiccups or complaints.

Pros

The online ordering system is pretty neat; didn't have to install any apps on either customer or the storefront. Inventory management is simple and easy to maintain. The UX is expansive and our staff did not have any issues in working around a new system.

Cons

Pre-ordering and scheduling would be a great option to have. As of now it is all tied together. If the printers are not entirely hardwired and we can use bluetooth printers, then we can get other third party vendor tickets to print. Item details are great but for an operation like ours, it is too much (TMI) to maintain.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Cost to own and maintain. For us, processing fees were very important since we have over 200 customers come through our doors each day.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Needed something more contemporary and chic. The system we had was pretty old and would not accept contactless payments. We had this issue even before the pandemic and were looking to switch to a new platform.

Joshua from Paloma Chiropractic and Massage Therapy

Real people helping real people!

Pros

Cons

Had a little bit of a hard time getting help with marketing training. Our website team was and always has been amazing. Could be our fault for not making the time to train, but other than that, all is good.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Customer service at our old company was horrible and we got charged for things for no reason or with no explanation. Also never got help implementing anything. Having a personal advocate to work with at Spot on has been a huge plus.

Jeff from Rough Draft Brewing Company

Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn saves the day during the pandemic

We first used it for counter service and then switched over to assigned tables.

Pros

We switched to SpotOn in Februrary 2020 just before COVID hit. When the pandemic happened we took full advantage of the ability to take online orders, and used their newest contact free ordering system. When this pandemic is over we will keep these things going.

Cons

Basically anyone already familiar with a POS can jump right in and start using SpotOn.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

It has all the functionality the others do for a lot less cost.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

The fees were less and the cloud backup and redundancy allow me to sleep at night not worrying about my POS crashing on a busy lunch.

Hayden J. from Post Oak BBQ

Industry: Restaurants

5 Stars from Post Oak BBQ!!

Pros

Customer service is out of this world!! We love it!

Cons

When you 86 an item for the night I wish it would automatically become available the next service date.

Customer service

JEROME from THEBUNGALOW

Finally the ultimate POS system !

It's been a delight so far. Their technicians are very competent and responsive. Setting up the system was a breeze and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our sales rep was available at all times for support.

Pros

Everything. It is very easy to use, it has all the functionality a savy operator is looking for. Their customer service is unmatched.

Cons

Honestly, it is far superior from any system I have used before. We have not encountered any flaws yet.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

SpotOn ended up being a far superior option in evert category,

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

We were looking for an upgrade and a cloud based solution

Billy from Tawan Thai Restaurant

owner

the best systems and nice customers services

Pros

Ordering online was the best systems for us

Cons

i had to call the customers almost everyday about the systems

price was too high

Valencia from My Nana's Kitchen

Why I Chose 'Restaurant POS' from Spoton

I haven't had any complaints except for the front- facing customer credit card processor. It always goes down on a daily basis and it's been more of a hassle tha. A help for both me and my customers.

Pros

The system is very high tech and has many features that allows good restaurant management and has many features that helps with reporting.

Cons

The Restaurant POS may be too advanced for my small restaurant

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

My Representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very attentive and very hands on. As I was speaking to him about other products he took the time to give me comparison data and he was also willing to not only match but beat the competitor's pricing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]was very knowledgeable and he knew a lot about the competition but never once talked badly about them nor tried to put pressure on me to persuade me one way or another. I purchased the Restaurant POS, even though it is costly for me right now simply because of my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Antonio from Rick's pub and grub

Service with professionals

10 out of 10. I would highly recommend them to any potential business owners.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and exceptional walk through service. In person, by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and over the phone. Done while practicing social distance and covid guidelines.

Cons

Nothing. Hand held were easiltnovercame and used.

Pamela from Hog Town Industries

Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn as a management tool

I can access data that helps me manage costs.

Pros

SpotOn has given me the data access I need to manage my business from a macro as well as micro perspective. The software is easy to access and utilize. I highly recommend SpotOn for the restaurant environment.

Cons

I have not identified any negative aspects of the software at this time.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Per reviews, SpotOn had the best customer service available.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

I was unable to access the information required to manage my business.

Steve from Legacy Billiards

Great Product Packed with Features!

Pros

I believe that the integrated loyalty program as well as the “check in” tablet creates a great promotional tool that with a large web of businesses can help to create business for all incorporated with Spot On. Being able to see reports in mobile app is a plus too! Also being in full control of my pos to implement changes from any computer is a must for me!!

Cons

It is quite different from most POS systems I have used.

Robin from Portland Burger

Restaurant

The thing I most impressed with is the customer service. I am able to get someone on the phone quickly and get any help I need, even in the middle of an order. They talk me through the situation. Also, there are so many things offered in connection (social media, webpage, and review management to name a few) and when I procrastinate, they patiently help me move forward to get everything operating. I need a little nudging. It feels like we actually matter to them.

Pros

It is so simple to navigate. I'm able to not only use it but teach it and problem solve with great ease.

Cons

I can't think of anything I'm not happy with.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

More options and streamlining of all ordering devices.

Bethany from Red House Kitchen

Best deal

Our experience with SpotOn has been wonderful!

Pros

We really love how easy the SpotOn team made setup and implementation. Any time we ran into an issue, they helped resolve it immediately. My staff and customers really enjoy the interface.

Cons

I didn't love how many different windows I needed to use. 3 is too many, to be honest. I couldn't remember what function was where, and needed to remember 3 different passwords.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

We switched for pricing and extended features.

Kristen from Benny Pennello's

Great Platform & Customer Service

We have really enjoyed being with SpotOn. The biggest reason we enjoy it is because of the great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is very responsive and quick to fix any issues we may be experiencing which is crucial when you have a restaurant full of customers. It's also a user friendly system for my employees.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is the online reporting and tools to view and analyze orders.

Cons

The only difficult thing with the way our restaurant is set up is entering tips. We are unable to enter tips while the order is open and being used. Instead we have to navigate to our order list and enter after the transaction has disappeared which is more time consuming and harder to manager when you have a line of customers.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

We cared greatly about user friendliness and customer support which is what drove us to switch away from Micros.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Micros had terrible customer service and was a very confusing platform to use.

Brittany from The Skyroom at Red Wing Golf Course

Spot - On Rocks!

I love it, I think it works great for us and I LOVE the customer support and also our sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize things. I think working with the Spot On team has been very easy and they are very helpful. When we have been in need of assistance they have been there for us within minutes, and that has been really helpful. I think its important that you can customize it. Every business is different - It is not a classic point of sale system I think it goes beyond that.

Cons

I would say the thing I like least about it would be nothing.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

To get to customer service with them was a nightmare - they also could not log into our system and help us with anything where spot on can literally log into our computer and fix the problem that needs to be fixed. Lightspeed on boarding was also a nightmare!

Brandon from The Brixton

Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn is just that, spot on!

They've saved us thousands of dollars over the years. Can't recommend them enough!

Pros

Very efficient and never let's us down! Easy to use.

Cons

Can't say we have found anything to put as a con for SpotOn.

Anastasia from Capitol Coney

Capitol Coney and Spot on

My overall experience would be with the installation of the new EMV for the credit card chips which went very smooth, the customer support was there to assist in the install plus afterwards. Easy no problems.

Pros

Most liked about the software is the easy transformation to the customer, no problems, very easy to use it tells you what to do, easy to training the employees, excellent customer service 24/7 which we need since we are a diner open 24/7, to implement changes from the back of the house are very easy, do my weekly payroll with ease. Next would be online ordering, great job keep it up.

Cons

The least liked about the software is the pricing, need to less expensive.