All Square Point of Sale Reviews

Dan

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Square D Point of Safe Review

Ease of installation: Many Square D products are designed to be easy to install, even for those with limited electrical experience. This can save time and money on installation costs.

PROS

Square D is a brand of electrical equipment, including circuit breakers, switchgear, and other electrical components. Some of the features that are commonly cited as benefits of Square D products include: Reliability: Square D products are known for their durability and reliability. This can be especially important in critical applications such as hospitals, factories, and power plants, where equipment failure can have serious consequences. Safety: Square D products are designed with safety in mind and are tested to meet strict safety standards. This can help protect workers and building occupants from electrical hazards. Compatibility: Square D products are compatible with a wide range of electrical systems and devices, making them a flexible choice for many different types of applications. Energy efficiency: Some Square D products are designed to be energy efficient, which can help reduce energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of electrical systems. Customer support: Square D has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, including technical assistance and training for its products. This can be especially helpful for customers who have questions or need support with their electrical systems.

CONS

In general, some potential downsides or limitations of Square D products may include: Cost: Square D products may be more expensive than some other brands, especially if you're looking for budget-priced options. Compatibility: Square D products may not be compatible with certain types of equipment or systems, depending on the specific requirements of your application. Availability: Square D products may not be as widely available as other brands, especially if you're looking for specialized or hard-to-find components. Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.It's important to keep in mind that these are just a few potential downsides or limitations of Square D products, and your specific needs and circumstances will determine whether or not they are relevant to you.

Germaine

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A Great Value for your Money

We have used Square for several different ministries. We ghave a coffee shop, a college cafeteria, a homeless shelter and online store. Square is able to work with all of our many ventures with ease

PROS

I like that it was simple and intuitive to use

CONS

I wish the website allowed for more customization in outline and interface looks

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

It had a more user friendly interface and was able to satisfy our needs for all of our various ministries and offices.

Whitney

Retail, 2-10 employees

Go through your options

We ended leaving square to go with another provider.

PROS

I liked that you can use it on the go & take payments from customers wherever you were.

CONS

The fee they charge for cards for typing the cards in.

Nathalie

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Can't Go A Day Without Square!

Square has been a Godsend for me and I highly recommend it to any small business owner!

PROS

I can run my business from anywhere knowing that credit and debit card payments will not slow me down.

CONS

I don't have any complaints about Square. They even sent me my credit/debit card reader for free!

Celine

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Square varies from case to case and company to company

Great as a beginner but not for anything complicated. Can't integrate into many programs. If you just want to collect money and nothing more, it's fine, but keep it at that.

PROS

Square was the first POS that I ever had. I've used everything from the first small swiper that was offered many years ago to the actual POS system in a kiosk I had to taking mobile payments via NFC. It's very user friendly and great for beginners and self explanatory.

CONS

I ordered the square bank and card product so that I wouldnt have to go out of my way to open a business account for a small consultation business I have and that was a terrible idea. I never saw a dollar of the money I was paid that went to it. I never had access to any of the funds and I couldn't ever reach anyone to figure it out. It would show the payments I received but my drawer was always at 0.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Because I wanted to be able to have access to my funds that I earned.

Andre

Construction, 2-10 employees

Payment's

PROS

It's easy to use and you get a free credit card swipeer

CONS

There's Nothing bad I can say bad about it

Don

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Square POS

PROS

Square Point of Sale stands out for its simplicity and design, making it exceptionally user-friendly. From setup to daily use, navigating through its features is pretty straightforward, which is great for both new users and those with minimal tech experience.

CONS

Square's transaction fees, while competitive, are high compared to traditional processors, especially for businesses like ours with high transaction volumes and large ticket sizes.

Lillian

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

WE LOVE SQUARE

Very Happy with product overall, if its not broke, dont fix it

PROS

First one we tried. ease of use and uncomplicated, we will stick with it

CONS

we haven't found any flaws, of course less finance charge would always be nice

Kristina

Legal Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

sales made easy

excellent product, easy to use and create customer support. Highly recommend to friends and family.

PROS

I think the mot impactful feature is the compact size which can be used on the go and portal. Very good for travel shows and making payment process efficient on the go.

CONS

I wish they would have a feature that accepts automatic e transfers from clients. My add a new feature that would allow for quicker business deposits.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

business needed better debit options

Megan

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Great for my small business!

PROS

I like the ease of being able to take debit and credit payments and also send invoices!

CONS

There’s not really anything I dislike about using Square!

Tamilynn

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Square Point of Sale: A Must Have for Seamless Service and Payments

My overall experience with Square Point of Sale is it is extremely valuable to our business by providing seamless payment processing wherever we may be conducting business. It was fantastic at our last conference that allowed us to sell products and books to consumers with ease. Thank you for making receiving payments both easy and affordable for small businesses.

PROS

Using Square Point of Sale was easy with contactless payments that were accepted for all kinds of payments including mobile, over phone or directly at office. The Square of Point of Sale connects easily to your hardware and syncs in seconds for easy payment processing for our clients. This is especially helpful for small business or businesses that are mobile. We take our Square point of Sale with us when meeting clients, securing business and engaging in payments for our services rendered. It is a must have for seamless service and bill payment processing.

CONS

There were no cons with the Square Point of Sale as we were completely satisfied with the product and the way it was intended to work.

Peter

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great product! Highly recommended

PROS

The reports are easy to download and follow. Easy to reconcile bank accounts to the reports.

CONS

It’s expensive! Global payments and moneris are less expensive.

Mylinh

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Square POS app

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning. One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

PROS

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

CONS

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

I actually still have both but the Square app is more user friendly on my smartphone such as invoicing. I use square more for my business.

Jake

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Every Business Needs Square Point of Sale!!!

Square has seriously helped our business grow into what it is today. And we're still scaling. We can create subscriptions on the go, accept payments online, at events and easily export reports when we need them (super helpful when tax season is here).

PROS

The simplicity and ability to process payments and subscriptions on virtually any device and from any location is super key. And Square allows us to do this.

CONS

We don't really have many cons to report other than it would nice to have some of the new "premium" features included being that we pay about 3% per transaction already but we understand that operations need to be funded (and profitable).

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Square seemed to have a better roadmap and ecosystem of product development.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Square appeared to be easier (this was back when it was just the mobile reader).

Caitlyn

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Square Point of Sale is a LifeSaver!

My overall experience with Square POS has been a good one. For the last seven years that I have used this product, I have not had any serious issues. It is very efficient, organized, easy to use, and they made it very easy for me to reach customers I otherwise would not have been able to help. So if I had to start all over again, I would once again choose Square.

PROS

I like its ease of use, the fact they make their features very "what you see is what you get" so I don't have to spend much time training others on how to use it if I have need to. I like the fact that everything is very clear and organised for optimum efficiency. I can get to anything I need in a matter of seconds without having to jump through hoops just to find the features I need at any given time. If you are someone who is just getting started with a small business, I would definitely recommend using Square POS, because it took me from barely doing barely any business to having a growing community of customers practically overnight. All thanks to how convenient and easy the software is for customers and business owners.

CONS

Thus far, in the last seven years I have used this product, there really hasn't been anything I have found that I REALLY dislike about it. It's a very simple uncomplicated software and that is what is so great about it. So nothing negative to say.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

I chose Square because of its affordability and easy plug and play "what you see is what you get" format. It was great for me when I was just starting out as a business owner and it's been just as good, if not even better, as my business has grown. So I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, whether they are just starting out or if they are looking to switch to a new POS software.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Simple and powerful mobile Point-Of-Sale app

A powerful business financial management tool, right in your pocket. It offers an owner/operator to enter invoices from a home computer, or from a mobile device in the field.Super easy to use, and packed with features that provide the insights an owner needs.

PROS

Being able to quickly add a client on the fly, either manually or "from address book", taking a credit card payment, and storing the card in the client file is so simple, quick, and easy.Then, any additional charges to the same client can for a very small "additional percentage" amount be charged to the card now on file, saving the client the hassle of having to pull out the card every time.

CONS

Would like to be able to add "standard service fees", such as a "processing fee", "fuel surcharge", and others, in the same way one can add various taxes. Right now, I am doing it in the "taxes" section, which is not ideal, but it can be done with that workaround.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

It was the quickest to set up, and at the time, had the most features that were easy to use, and the bank was more expensive, and I would have to invest in the QuickBooks software. No up-front cost with Square.

Cortland

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

Square Point Is On Point

My overall experience with Square Point Of Sale is that it’s given me the smoothest online and electronic payments possible and they take a small percentage of everything transferred in and out.

PROS

I like the easiness of processing transactions on this software! Takes away 90% of my businesses financial headaches.

CONS

I don’t have any cons in regards to Square Point Of Sale because any and everything I need the app to do, it does!

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Honestly, popularity and convenience.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Because square point of sale came with the option to have a physical reader.

Matthew