All talech Reviews

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Talech is better than a lot of others out there!

100% positive experience. Have been using Talech for over 5 years and will continue to use it!

PROS

I love the ease of setting up your POS to work for your business. You can separate categories, product types, control your inventory, and so much more. Super easy to use and set up. It is easily explained to new hires and they pick it up very quickly.

CONS

I think overall Talech is wonderful. Having 24 hour support is amazing, however, sometimes the wait time is a bit long to get someone on the line.

Reason for choosing talech

Cost, ease of use, and 24 hour support.

Reasons for switching to talech

Cost, processing fees, and support.

Gina

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Software user since 2016

I have used many different accounting systems with inventory. Overall this software shows real potential as an easy to setup and easy to use system.

PROS

This software is easy to setup and use. Customer support is great. I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times and the problems were fixed very quickly. The description field is large enough to allow a proper description of my products. The tags and categories give me breakdowns on the reports so I can determine what is selling and what not to purchase again. The markup field makes it easy for me to determine sale prices of my products. The inventory log helps me find a customer sale so I can do proper return prices for my customers.

CONS

I wish the tags were listed in alphabetical order. I wish the sales tickets were available for more than 2 months so I could do returns to credit cards instead of having to give my customers cash. When I have trouble with my internet connection and it get dropped after it hits the gateway, there is no way for me to determine that the charge went through. I’ve had at least a dozen instances of this happening. It then shows only 1 sale on my system and my customer has 2 charges on their credit card. I then have to credit the sale so it credits my customers card, and then I have to renter the sale as cash so I can balance inventory and sales amounts. I wish the sales tax list would indicate which tax code I have currently marked. I have never been able to get the jewelry labels to print.

Reason for choosing talech

Cost and size of the system.

Reasons for switching to talech

The system was very cumbersome. We are a mobile business and it had too many pieces I had to take with me. Also it was too expensive for the size of my business.

mark

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized). This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the credit card bank etc. They are unable to resolve... In summary, there was $500+ dollars of free beer credit card customers drank at our expense!!! We had to switch (otherwise we would have continued to lose money) and Talech will not even refund our monthly charges to help offset their error. Not only is this bad service... but stealing!!! Every Talech user must be aware of this and RUN!!! Also associated with this was a company called AVANT GARD... if you are dealing with these people also be aware,,,

PROS

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

CONS

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Reason for choosing talech

Recommended by AVANT GARD Some in-between company that is out to collect a percentage of your credit card fees.. They DO NOT have your interest in mind,,, they only care that their pocket book is lined. Once again check to see if you are directly or indirectly dealing with this company... and see to get out. They have cost us thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours sorting out their selfish mistakes.

Spenser

Video Game Store Owner Review

We have loved Talech since we got it. It's got a lot of great features that other POS's don't have or utilize as well as Talech. Keeping with cash or orders is made simple, though my only real complaint is that as a video game store, we take in a lot of used items purchased from customers. When we pay out in cash, it's fine. Talech keeps up with that, but there isn't a really great way of doing it other than doing a transaction as "store credit", hitting the payment as other, and then refunding it to that customers account. Other than that major complaint, everything else has been pretty smooth other than the actual card swiper. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. It frequently has problems, and can never really be relied on. It will only update during a transaction and I have had several occasions where that lasts up to 15 minutes with a then irate customer afterwards.

PROS

I love the ease of use, and how within minutes of using it, I already had the hang of it. There weren't any features that I wasn't made aware of by the software immediately, because it's all out in plain view rather than some backdoor menu. It's responsive and I love the fact I can keep up with my customers, and their data with it including sending out emails to them periodically.

CONS

I really hate during a transaction that if you accidentally add an item or have a customer remove one from their cart that you have to trash the entire order. That slows the process, and keeps the customer from having a smooth checkout process. Honestly, it feels like sometimes due to the credit card machine that we are known as those guys who might be having problems today. That sucks lol. That's almost been enough where I have wanted to switch because its not our POS software but just one we use.

Thank you for your review and feedback, Spenser. I've shared your product feedback with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us - we love to hear from you. Thanks for being a talech customer.

Thomas

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold. Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem is running another discounts at the same time for other size bottles. (200 ml & 375 ml) If I am running the above special (1 free bottle would be $6.95 discount) and I also am discounting all larger size oils and vinegars say 10%. The software will do the $6.95 plus the 10% all items. So the discount on the 60 ml bottle works out to be $6.95 + 10% not just the $6.95. Being able to do separate discounts for variations of each item would make it a lot better instead of having to go into each item and discount them individually when trying to keep different discounts separate. I know being a small business with a suggestion that this might not be practical cost wise. But making the modifications would also make it more attractive to any business. I would like to hear back from you if possible. I have spoken with numerous small business owners about your software and why it works so well. Keep up the great job! oh I love being able to run the reports anytime to see how sales are and what we need to do to improve them. Sincerely Tom

PROS

Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

CONS

limited discount ability.

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance. I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid. The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability. The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner. Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening. If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

PROS

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

CONS

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Norma

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Cheapseats need to approve

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

PROS

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

CONS

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

Brad

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Good product for the price

PROS

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

CONS

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Reason for choosing talech

Because we knew one of the sales reps.

Railan

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Talech POS System for a Retail Store

PROS

Talech is very adaptable to a retail store in sales transactions, inventory tracking and management, and accounting reports. It is very quick and easy to speak with a Customer Service Agent should you need it, and the Team is very proactive in assisting.

CONS

There are features within inventory management that could be added to improve inventory tracking and management. For example, when performing an EOY inventory count, it would be very helpful to be able to freeze inventory numbers and then unfreeze them to update the quantities. Currently, to update inventory numbers, a stock take must be done which is a lengthy task if a business has more than 2,000 products. A second feature is to have the ability to manipulate employee access to certain information within the software including inventory updates, and sales reports. You can lock employees out of these things, but when done also locks them out of key features they need to perform their other tasks.

Beth

The 3 Weird Sisters

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

PROS

The cloud storage

CONS

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Annette

Reviewed July 2023

POS that works but could be better

Sales are processed more quickly and customers are happier.

PROS

My customers are happier. They get a receipt that works well with the rebate program from my supplier. We can review their previous purchases and determine if they already bought something they need. This will also be useful when they come in for their early buy sale purchases. It is nice to be able to email receipts.I can quickly review sales and inventory for what needs to be ordered.

CONS

It was shipped to me but not linked to my account so nothing worked for about 2 weeks. Hours spent on the phone with on the onboarding specialist assigned to me. They say it is 24 hr support but not for start up/onboarding. They work M-F 9-5. It is best to stick with the onboarding specialist assigned as they are most familiar with you but mine was in the Central Time zone so nothing was ever addressed until 10:30 AM EST (1.5) hours after opening I had great difficulty getting the inventory load but onboarding was very helpful. The fact the sales reports don’t capture debit cards properly is really frustrating as I had hoped it would save time and make tracking easier.The scanner never worked and has been returned because they finally admitted/determined it was a programming issue that was not going to get resolved any time soon. Inventory does not always track properly - not sure how that happens. Sometimes you get a call back for help, not always the 24/7.

Reason for choosing talech

Recommended by my card processor which I recently learned is owned by the same company.

judy

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

Can order from the table.

PROS

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

CONS

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not. Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility. We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar. The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd. There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team. Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts. There's more but I'm at limit.

Randy

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2016

Potentially good system that misses the mark

I was given a great presentation for the Talech system and purchased it. After purchasing it I had to install it myself, I figured it would be easy. No... It took eight hours just to get the thing running, then another 3 weeks with an onsite IT tech everyday to get it to work. Worst nightmare ever. System constantly crashed. Printer errors. Anytime there was an update the app would fail. That's just the install. My other great issue is functionality. The app must be more user programamble. There are so many minor tweaks that need to be changed to make it run faster that they don't listen too. This system is not for a quick serve busy restaurant, more like a mom and pop flower shop. Even when I call with a major complaint the the app doubling the taxes. They say we can't fix that. Are you kidding me. It's illegal. Customer support is great if you ever get around to talking to someone. When there system crashes about twice a month and you call their 800 number. They tell you they will call you back because they are experiencing a high volume of calls. I wonder why? Their devices disconnect with the credit card readers constantly as well. The only good thing about the system is the ipads, but the app doesn't work well on them, go figure. If you need a a system for a fast paced business, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE

PROS

It turns on

CONS

Name it

Randy, thank you for the review and candid feedback here and on the phone. It was very helpful to learn more about what's been challenging and how talech can be better for you and your business. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. Thank you for being a customer.

Gerardo

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

We don't have a record of you calling...

Horrible customer service spoke with one person that promised to move it up in priority to tier 2 people and after waiting two days for a call back we called back and they had no record of the call. I lost two days waiting for a solution that no one was aware of. Now I sit and wait again. I do not recommend this service due to their customer service not really being able to resolve something. It must be a call center with prompts on their screen and when they can't resolve it then it goes to someone that actually can help. Wasted several hours trying to figure this out and lost customers and revenue to this problem. I'm going with someone else!

PROS

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

CONS

After a while a break down of the card readers will ruin your day very quickly. If you have a customer that needs a refund you won't be able to do it unless the card reader works. The bluetooth connection drops and there is no solution other than replacement.

Reasons for switching to talech

The Talech sales rep seems more informed about the product than the customer service people so great sales team horrible back end!

Lisa

Reviewed October 2019

Talech Review

We are a very small business, and the software is perfect for what we need. I like the reports feature, I can go back a year and compare numbers, I can email the reports to the accountant, I can keep track of each of our suppliers and how we are doing with each one.

PROS

Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great.

CONS

In the beginning we had some super glitches that had even the tech experts stumped. It took a good while to get that all ironed out. Seems to be working fine now, only once in awhile do we find ourselves with a bit of a problem, but Customer Support is always just a phone call away.

Reason for choosing talech

Look of the overall base, the use of an i-pad, small compact size, seemed like the features were what we needed.

Carrie

Wine and Spirits, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great POS system with top notch customer service support

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

PROS

When we do have issues with card reader or printers (which are obtained from the credit card processing vendors) it is easy to reach the Talech customer service reps to talk us through the issue and resolve the problems. It keeps up with product inventory levels and gives decent reports.

CONS

Since I am not familiar with any other POS systems I can’t comment on the cons other than it is geared to restaurants and merchandise retail and not necessarily wineries....(thinking it might be nice for it to also monitor our bulk wine products?)

Reason for choosing talech

The credit card processing rep at the time recommended it and said it was a good value.

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Talech register using iPad

I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

PROS

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

CONS

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Reason for choosing talech

This product was offered by my Credit Card processing company Elavon. I purchased an ELO machine using an iPad and downloaded the software to begin. Lease costly overall and only a monthly payment through my credit card processor.

Roger