talech

talech Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great."
  • icon"Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs."
  • icon"Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it."
  • icon"Talech POS does not work with credit cards consistently , tech support is clueless."
  • icon"The worst things there were thousands of dollars which were not deposited to our account because of their 'bug. We accidentally found it out."
  • icon"Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice."

Have you used talech and would like to share your experience with others?

All talech Reviews

Thomas

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold. Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem is running another discounts at the same time for other size bottles. (200 ml & 375 ml) If I am running the above special (1 free bottle would be $6.95 discount) and I also am discounting all larger size oils and vinegars say 10%. The software will do the $6.95 plus the 10% all items. So the discount on the 60 ml bottle works out to be $6.95 + 10% not just the $6.95. Being able to do separate discounts for variations of each item would make it a lot better instead of having to go into each item and discount them individually when trying to keep different discounts separate. I know being a small business with a suggestion that this might not be practical cost wise. But making the modifications would also make it more attractive to any business. I would like to hear back from you if possible. I have spoken with numerous small business owners about your software and why it works so well. Keep up the great job! oh I love being able to run the reports anytime to see how sales are and what we need to do to improve them. Sincerely Tom

Pros

Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

Cons

limited discount ability.

Response from talech

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Gina

Software user since 2016

I have used many different accounting systems with inventory. Overall this software shows real potential as an easy to setup and easy to use system.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and use. Customer support is great. I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times and the problems were fixed very quickly. The description field is large enough to allow a proper description of my products. The tags and categories give me breakdowns on the reports so I can determine what is selling and what not to purchase again. The markup field makes it easy for me to determine sale prices of my products. The inventory log helps me find a customer sale so I can do proper return prices for my customers.

Cons

I wish the tags were listed in alphabetical order. I wish the sales tickets were available for more than 2 months so I could do returns to credit cards instead of having to give my customers cash. When I have trouble with my internet connection and it get dropped after it hits the gateway, there is no way for me to determine that the charge went through. I’ve had at least a dozen instances of this happening. It then shows only 1 sale on my system and my customer has 2 charges on their credit card. I then have to credit the sale so it credits my customers card, and then I have to renter the sale as cash so I can balance inventory and sales amounts. I wish the sales tax list would indicate which tax code I have currently marked. I have never been able to get the jewelry labels to print.

Reasons for choosing talech

Cost and size of the system.

Reasons for switching to talech

The system was very cumbersome. We are a mobile business and it had too many pieces I had to take with me. Also it was too expensive for the size of my business.

Overall pretty decent

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee. Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)? Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out. Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Pros

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Cons

All listed on previous page.

Response from talech

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Replied December 2016

Lulie

Industry: Sporting Goods

September 2022

Quality Software for Small-Scale Inventory Mgmt./POS

Our Fishing Tackle/Outdoor storefront started small (less than 1,500 different product SKU's). When we first launched, Talech served our needs well, and would have continued to serve our needs. However, our business grew and we now maintain 8,000+ product SKU's. Unfortunatly for our situation, Talech's inventory management systems didn't grow with our company's growth. Large reports are difficult to obtain, and when we require special reports, it can be challenging to acquire them. This software is great to use if you do not plan to continually carry large quantities of inventory (Under 2,000 SKU's). This is not a hard rule of course, just our experience with this software product.

Pros

Talech can easily tackle small-scale inventory management and POS needs. User-friendly, and is easy to train new staff members to operate proficiently in. Software interface is minimal and easy to navigate.

Cons

Inventory reports are difficult to customize, but can be done by calling/emailing Talech directly. Would like to see Talech improve in their report system with more features and user-customizable reports.

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance. I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid. The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability. The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner. Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening. If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

Pros

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Cons

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Norma

Cheapseats need to approve

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

Pros

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Cons

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Response from talech

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

mark

August 2022

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized). This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the credit card bank etc. They are unable to resolve... In summary, there was $500+ dollars of free beer credit card customers drank at our expense!!! We had to switch (otherwise we would have continued to lose money) and Talech will not even refund our monthly charges to help offset their error. Not only is this bad service... but stealing!!! Every Talech user must be aware of this and RUN!!! Also associated with this was a company called AVANT GARD... if you are dealing with these people also be aware,,,

Pros

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

Cons

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Reasons for choosing talech

Recommended by AVANT GARD Some in-between company that is out to collect a percentage of your credit card fees.. They DO NOT have your interest in mind,,, they only care that their pocket book is lined. Once again check to see if you are directly or indirectly dealing with this company... and see to get out. They have cost us thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours sorting out their selfish mistakes.

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Pros

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Cons

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

Marco

El Gordo Mexican Restaurant

After searching for weeks for a pos system for our restaurant, we came across a new app and system, Talech. We were getting quotes from 15k-20k for traditional pos system. When a US Bank representative told us it would cost less than 5k, we were intrigued. We sat down, she gave us an overview of the app and its components. Right away we were hooked. With the ease of us, easy installation, and price, we would be foolish to go with any other pos company. We got bluetooth printers, wiring and set up was a breeze. And this is coming from a person who in not good with technology and i was able to install it all. If you can read you can set up the whole system. Weve been working with talech for 3 years now and it continues to make changes to the app that makes it more efficient to provide a good customer experience. We are glad to continue working with Talech.

Pros

Cost

Cons

2 outages, one from the app and one from evalon credit card processor.

Response from talech

Marco, thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy about choosing talech even after 3+ years. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. We're here to help!

missy

Talech Software Review

We have been using Talech for over a year now and it's been overall a good experience. There are some things I would like to be different but overall it has been a good experience.

Pros

Cons

I don't like the credit card reader- too difficult for customers to read- tiny print and customers don't know where to slide the card and if it should be up or down. Software isn't the best for tracking inventory- you have to export products to excel to get the cost of inventory- should be more accessible. Price tags are hard to read (we like the big font/numbers)- we have customers complain daily that they can't see the price. Wish that it would remember customers email addresses like Square so that they don't have to enter it each time.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Missy. We'd love to hear more about what could be different and work better for you. Would you be willing to chat more about what could help your business?

Ginny

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pros

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Cons

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Response from talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

Carrie

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Great POS system with top notch customer service support

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

Pros

When we do have issues with card reader or printers (which are obtained from the credit card processing vendors) it is easy to reach the Talech customer service reps to talk us through the issue and resolve the problems. It keeps up with product inventory levels and gives decent reports.

Cons

Since I am not familiar with any other POS systems I can’t comment on the cons other than it is geared to restaurants and merchandise retail and not necessarily wineries....(thinking it might be nice for it to also monitor our bulk wine products?)

Reasons for choosing talech

The credit card processing rep at the time recommended it and said it was a good value.

Jason

Industry: Sporting Goods

Very stressful.

The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

Pros

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

Cons

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back. Be wary!!

Josh

Great cloud based POS at a great price

For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Cons

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

Response from talech

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Edouard Moyal

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bad software update You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

Pros

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Cons

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Response from talech

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Replied December 2016