• Pros

• "ThriftCart is very easy to use, customizable to our processes, and has great customer support for questions, updates, tutorials, etc. "

• "So many functions available with the same program. The software has been very customizable. "

• "Ease of use, intuitive functionality and customization. "

• Cons

• "It can be difficult to correct mistakes when adding inventory or credit, but support is easy to get to help clean it up. "

• "No downfalls only wish is that we could integrate even more functions like volunteer tracking, build schedule and volunteer events and maybe donor data base but not all programs can do everything!"

• "It is not as visually appealing or polished as some others."

Browse ThriftCart Reviews

Abigail from Two Rivers Habitat For Humanity

Strong Value For Money

We have gone a different direction for scheduling but there are strong competitive stores that use it for scheduling. It depends on each store needs. When we have needed support the team has been available and speedy. When we got started we had nearly constant communication - as we needed to have it. And over time it has been smooth and we have needed little contact. But when we need support it is there. I would describe ThriftCart as a dependable simple product. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it does exactly what we need.

Pros

We are a Habitat For Humanity ReStore and we do about 120 Transactions per day We are largely volunteer run, and most of our cashiers are volunteers. Some come every week, some come far less. All of them are able to pick it up and use the system quickly. It is uncomplicated where it needs to be and highly customizable. It has the capacity for barcodes, coupons, customer loyalty cards, gift cards, and sales. We do not use all of the options, but we are able to expand as needed. And it has the complexity that we need for our sales but the simplicity we need for volunteers. Even without barcodes, we are able to process quickly at times averaging 2 minutes per transaction. We have had excellent luck with the support, updates, and requested changes. We have used this system for over 5 years and we are happy with it.

Cons

Web Based - if your internet goes down you have no access to the data or the information. You will need to make sure you are tracking your data on your own servers for back up It is simple and not overly sophisticated - this can be a benefit or a draw back. It does not look dated - and it works well for us.

Response from Nabadab

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the kind feedback, Abigail! I'm glad to have your store as a customer!

David from Bend - Redmond Habitat for Humanity

Done Better

Before using ThriftCart about 80% of my time was spent scheduling donation pickups. Now that is about 40% (depending on time of year). Prior to using ThriftCart we were using an email for donors to request pick-ups which required a lot of back and forth communication. ThriftCart allows donors to go online and request specific dates and times which eliminates the back and forth. While I still have to monitor all the incoming requests, and regularly call some donors to ask questions, it is still a big time saver.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive functionality and customization.

Cons

ThriftCart has a few navigational quirks which can only be learned by using, but once you've had some time with it they are easily overcome.

Response from Nabadab

Replied October 2019

I'm glad ThriftCart is able to save you so much time with donation pickup scheduling! I know it's tricky for a lot of thrift stores and reuse stores to manage donation pickup scheduling, and I'm glad ThriftCart was a time-saver for you! Keep up the good work!

Erin from Habitat for Humanity of Horry County

Everything we need in one spot!

Very easy to use and very responsive support when needed.

Cons

Response from Nabadab

Replied December 2019

Thanks Erin! We love having you as a customer! I'm also very happy that you want to have more functions inside of ThriftCart. I'm always looking for new useful features for customers, so I certainly appreciate your input.

Gregg from Habitat for Humanity of York County

Thriftcart

Pros

Ease of use, truck routing, simple cash register operations.

Cons

Inventory management needs to be easier to update prices/cost when needed. Sometimes difficult to get an item to show an on hand in the system.

Response from Nabadab

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review, Gregg! I'm glad you find it easy to use overall. I'll be reaching out via e-mail to address your concerns on inventory management of purchased product items!

THOMAS from Habitat for Humanity of Franklin County Inc

Excellent software for Thrift Store Management

We used this to help manage a markdown system in a thrift store. Implementing the markdown system increased revenue markedly. Our auditors love the reporting, and the reports help us be intentional about our setup.

Pros

ThriftCart is VERY intuitive. It is so easy to implement, and very robust at the same time. The support is phenomenal, and it is very customizable. There are so many options and configurations, yet it is still simple. When something is over our heads, the support takes over. Have never had a problem that we did not create ourselves, but support has been very responsive even to self-inflicted (user error) problems.

Cons

It is not as visually appealing or polished as some others.

Response from Nabadab

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the kind words! We love having you as a customer!

Leah from STEP Thrift Store

Thriftcart is great for small and growing retail operations with limited tech skills

Thriftcart has made administrative oversight enormously easy and I can now problem solve financial issues with a few key strokes from any computer. This has saved an enormous amount of time and labor resources over the past years that easily compensates for the extremely reasonable monthly expense.

Pros

The functionality and ease of use is a big plus. All the cashiers that work at our stores are individuals with disabilities and we were able to set up the system to best suit the needs of our cashiers. The register is easy to use and is easy to teach someone with minimal technological skills.

Cons

There are so many possible reports and functions available on Thriftcart that I sometimes feel I am missing the broad scope available- It would be great to have a table of contents with a list of all available reports, rather than having to bug the very nice and supportive people at Thriftcart for a certain report.

Jackie from Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity

Great system and support!

Overall it is easy to use, efficient, and has great customer support!

Cons

Response from Nabadab

Replied January 2020

Thanks for being such a long-time customer Jackie! We really appreciate having you and your stores!

Ginger from Habitat ReStore

Best user friendly POS

I love ThriftCart It's really easy to use and anytime we need help [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful and very quick to respond. I've used many other systems other places I've worked and the customer service is by far the best.

Pros

It's very easy to use and train new employees on

Cons

Scheduling you have to bounce back and forth between pages to set someone up. It would be nice to see what days are open and just set them up on the same page. It possible we have an old version and maybe this is an update they have already fixed.

Response from Nabadab

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the kind review Ginger! We're so glad you're a customer!

Ron from Habitat for Humanity

Fantastic Product

We have been able to grow our business from one daily truck to two and have also added a Saturday pickup.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. I have been able to train multiple users and have them functioning at a high level within a few days. The support has been quick and very receptive to recommended changes.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any negatives.

Response from Nabadab

Replied January 2020

We're so happy to have you using our donation pickup scheduling tool! It's great that you've been able to expand the number of trucks doing pickups, and we're glad that we get to be a small part of that. Keep up the great work!

Shane from Beacon House Assn of San Pedro

Great product and service

Great experience. I see our business using thrift cart for a long time!

Pros

Thrift cart is easy to use and is a time saver! Does everything I need it to do. The customer support is unrivaled!

Cons

Took my a while to understand how to use it properly. I am still learning about new features!

Response from Nabadab

Replied January 2020

Thanks Shane! I'm glad it's proving useful so far, and I hope you're able to use all relevant features to their maximum benefit for you!

Tony from Habitat for himanity

Great product

Able to see what items we sell by categories

Pros

Very dependable and very easy system to operate.

Cons

Credit card system locks up daily have to reboot entire system. Restart register at closing helps some.