Browse TouchBistro Reviews

paul

For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!

I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret. Paul Menta

Pros

Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

Cons

No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

BRENT from FAIRWEATHER BREWING COMPANY

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Cons

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Intuitive nature, ease of use, flexibility of software.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a much more powerful option for splitting up tables and creating tabs in our taproom.

Michelle from Ladies Cafe

A Big Steaming Pile o'POS!!

Their tech support is a joke, it takes all day to get a hold of someone, unless of course they have just rolled out an update that is writhe with errors, then it may take as much as two days to get through to their support. It's really fun when a pos- pos update makes your visa service go out for an entire day. This company is in way to far over their heads. The system is not reliable and neither is their tech support. I just called and 24/7 tech support means someone who knows NOTHING answers the phone and tells you to call back the next day or go on your tablet and submit X to data support team tomorrow. You must have gotten paid for this review. You obviously have not experienced the product first hand!!! The worst part is my complaints and problems got escalated to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me he would work to get me out of this system and out of my 2 year visa contract with Chase. I started talking to him in January and he has now ghosted me. No contact, no follow through. It's going to the lawyers now.

Pros

I thought this would have a better interface than what I had been using. And while it is a little sexier and the touchscreen is handy, but those small benefits our out weighed by the other problems with their lack of competent support and other functionality.

Cons

The biggest problem is that they oversold and under delivered. They told me that all my current printers would work with their requirements. Opps get ready to go live, go live and then find out you have to purchase a $350 printer bc your visa printer isn't "actually compatible" after all. Print all of your visa slips to a boh printer and run to the kitchen to retrieve them for a week while the new printer arrives- so much fun!!! They didn't explain that each device must have it's own Moby Visa device, no problem, that's only about $200+ to get another one of those. Sales person sold me on how they set up your menu, oh not that costs $800, even the promotional video they sent says the same thing. It is not reliable, there are constant glitches in the system. They roll out updates with out thoroughly testing them. I'm not paying them $120 per month to be QA for their shitty updates. The interface with the Mobi CC machine from Chase it completely intermittent. For at least half the transactions of the day, you have to send the info to the machine twice bc it automatically craps out an error on you. During one painful update, the system stopped communicating our visa terminals altogether. Really fun to ask customer if I can write down their info and run it later, that didn't make us look ghetto or anything.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

They start up cost was supposed to be much cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Because the Sapphire system was not very user friendly and had limitations that we were constantly trying to work around. It looks like an old dos program from 1999, for the most part.

Kyle from Sunnyside Auto Group

TouchBistro POS Review

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

Axel from Miami Jewish Health

Best POS Interface Available

The TouchBistro POS has made managing items, transactions, and invoices manageable and reliable. It is a simple to use service with many different tools at your disposal.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS has an incredible, easy to use interface. It allows you to categorize and organize items. It gives you an array of options for organizing the things you need when you need them.

Cons

The POS could improve their customization options. Adding additional features would allow more creative expression on the interface. This could potentially enhance the overall experience on the platform.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied January 2021

Hi Axel, thank you for your helpful feedback!

Tyler from Hopside Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Do not buy/demo! Turn around and go with anything else.

Nothing positive other than knowing what product/brand to stay away from now.

Pros

If you like software and hardware not working properly this is the system for you.

Cons

Every aspect of this brand could be improved. I think working with pen and paper and the old fashion card sliders or manually calling every credit card in for processing could be more usefull/less time consuming.

Mike from Pizza 2/49

Industry: Food Production

Scam!

Definitely a scam I would not suggest this to anyone it’s a waste of money any other company like square or light speed pos is way cheaper and have had much more success save your money use a different company.

Pros

There is no pros to this company they trap you into a one year contract for software that doesn’t work. The program is laggy shuts itself down it’s not a good platform.

Cons

The programming isn’t complete isn’t compatible they have no tech team to help you on site it’s all over the phone. You pay 80+ dollars a month for an app that should be free.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

False promises from their sales team they seemed helpful at first once I was on the hook for the bill they could care less if there program was working properly.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Programming didn’t work for our restaurant your expected to pay monthly yet do all the work so what are you paying for other then a useless app with touch bistro.

Chris from Taco Sol Costa Rica

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Pros

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Cons

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Chris! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jason from Tropical Sauce

Industry: Food Production

Wonderful Point of sale software for restaurants

Great software to have when runnings a restaurant business. Set up is easy to use and the price is great compared to that of its other competitors.

Pros

What I love about touch bistro is that it has a feature where your customers can upgrade their own meals from their own table through a smart self-ordering kiosk system. What I also love about this software is the fact that you don’t need no internet at all to have it being use. Gives staff members a smooth transition through their day to day work hours.

Cons

When making certain orders it tends to lag a bit. The features that comes with it are not all customizable.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied April 2021

Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! It's so great to hear that you're finding value with TouchBistro in your venue, and making the best use of our kiosk.

Michael E. from INVISTA HOLDINGS INC.

Easy to train new employees

Sales Tax feature and clock-in clock-out features

Pros

Track revenue keep track of payroll and clock in and clock out features. Direct tech help although long wait time during peak hours. Easy to add menu items and change prices

Cons

Issues with a simple wire cord from cash drawer to printer. Tech support lacks experience when asked about replacement equipment which was frustrating during business hours

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Michael! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to train your new employees on and are getting value from the employee clock-in/clock-out and reporting functionality. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

CN from Plan B

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands. Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!! Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

Haley from Silvercreek Coffee House

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Haley! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge! Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis. If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Firas from Page One cafe

Easy to use, intuitive with excellent stats and dashboard.

After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't provide is the dashboard and cloud reporting. I rely heavily on these data to manage my business effectively and efficiently. It provides a breakdown of sales performance over any period of time, connects to my accounting system and load sales data directly into my accounting system, has excellent integration with 3rd party apps such as 7Shifts for scheduling and Shogo for accounting. I'm truly impressed with this product and it's robustness. I have recommended the product to many other business owners and I always get the same reaction of amazement when they see the reporting it provides compared to the POS systems they currently use.

Pros

Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.

Cons

Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.

Jill from Liquid Essentials LLC

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

Pros

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

Cons

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

It came highly recommended from a family friend so we set up a conference call with TouchBistro and had them walk us through the program and answer all of our questions and it was a fit.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied January 2021

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

Rachael from Six Car Pub & Brewery

TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service

TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pros

One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Cons

Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

Max from Quantum Coffee

Easy to Program POS

Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent. You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users. Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet. Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pros

Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Cons

Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Alan from Big Al's American Kitchen

Room for improvement

First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money. That said, there are some problems, both with the software and with the sales/support: - Frequent crashes when printing tickets (more than once per day). You have to restart TouchBistro, find your now-closed table, and reprint the ticket. - No way to print invoices. This is required in most European countries and TouchBistro offers no way to do this. It causes us a big delay to have to generate one in Word and print it out for the customer. If they are going to sell in Europe they need to have this core function that other, more basic, systems offer. - No way to print and charge part of a table. Missing is the ability to select various items, regardless of which seat they are at, and let me print a ticket and charge for those items. We literally lose 30 minutes a day moving items between seats for large groups when they want to pay. - No menu support for multiple locations. Even though they have a page on their web site dedicated to franchises and multiple locations, the capabilities aren't there. Menus have to be painstakingly typed in by hand on the iPad (no cloud/web support) and while you can eventually move a menu from one location to another, it is a convoluted procedure involving a call to tech support. This was one of the selling points that attracted us to TB and they haven't delivered. - No reporting support for multiple locations. You have to log in, view one report, then log out and log back in with a different username to see the other report. - The localization (Spanish at least) is horrible. It's like Peggy Hill did it. They seem to have just run all the strings through Google translate and much of it is nonsensical. - Impossible to update menu during service. If something runs out or a beer tap changes, you have to wait for everyone to log out. We are going to stick with TB for now, but there is room for improvement.

Pros

Easy to use and train.

Cons

There's a huge list in my review.

Darren from fairways bistro and catering / castle bistro

Over all Good just Bad Support

Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Pros

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Cons

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

I Doubt There's Better

Pros

TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Cons

Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

Bill from Eks Grill

Best decision ever

We embraced touch bistro over 3 yrs ago in that time they have continued to upgrade and make it better and better. That said the only down side is as technology changes so does your need for newer faster iPads and that is something we did not budget for. I would never go back to a stand alone POS Just remember that if you make the jump to tableside ordering wirelessly you will be amazed at how much faster your table Turns are and effective your servers become . Less staff required because they carry the POS with them no lines at a station. Smoother flow in kitchen Just take .25 per bill And put it in a gotta get newer IPad fund and you'll be happier then you have ever been Bill Justus Owner chef EKs Grill Kelowna BC

Pros

Just about everything

Cons

Cash layout for required new iPads to retain full functionality

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Bill! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you say TouchBistro was the best decision ever. We couldn't ask for anything more! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Marie from Cafe Xpresso

Industry: Restaurants

Good for dining room restaurants

Touch Bistro is very easy to use in adding new menu items or editing existing items and also retrieving any multitude of reports available. Pricing is on the lower end of competitive. We are a quick serve restaurant and there are several important features that we can not customize which is why we rate it low on functionality; for instance when we have a credit card transaction we can't turn off the customer's receipt copy and in a QSR most do not want their receipt so we waste a lot of paper. Sales experience to training transition to installation also did not go smoothly for us. Sales is anxious to sell but is not there for you afterwards. But if we didn't have these, as well as other issues, we'd rate it a very good system. You just have to really know what you need POS to do for you and ask detailed questions and document your answers.

Pros

Ease of reports and making menu changes

Cons

Not all the features are customizable; you can't turn off a copy of receipts you don't need, there's a crazy work-around if you need item ingredients listed on kitchen tickets , only admins can setup customer accounts and take deposits for catering orders which is inconvenient for us.

Richard from Zen-Shi, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Almost the best system I could ask for....

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Richard! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Alexandra from Red Lion Smokehouse

We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it.

Pros

It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically. The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently. The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Cons

Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading . The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Alexandra! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Ashley from Whitehouse Drive-In

Industry: Restaurants

Fair value for the price

It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

Pros

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

Cons

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Cost and the interface seemed more user friendly that the employees use.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Not very easy to make changes to exisiting orders. Constant issues with Hardware and software bugs.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied January 2021

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

Donna from Camino Grill & Bar

Small mid-western restaurant

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pros

Relatively easy to train new staff.

Cons

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied February 2017

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality. Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs. With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates: - December 13, 2016 - October 31, 2016 - September 26, 2016 - August 17, 2016 If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jennifer from The Combine

Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective

good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pros

Price point is great for a small independent business. Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Cons

Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied August 2017

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review! I hear you when it comes to the upgrades! We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible. The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :) When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help! Thanks again! Mell

Anthony from Phat Tony's Bistro & Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

Pros

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

Cons

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Anthony! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dave from The Bayside Cafe

Easy to use, best POS I've ever used. The support is amazing. Although you rarely need it.

Pros

When I started my business, the company that ran the POS system I inherited gave me trouble 24 hours before I opened. In stepped TouchBistro. They went above and beyond to have me up and running in time for my opening. I have never seen support they offered from another company. Their customer service was second to none. On top of that, the system is so easy to use. I set up my menu from scratch, in a rush, the night before opening. Training staff on it is a breeze as well.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about. It would be nice to be able to adjust the menu remotely but they're constantly upgrading the features available via cloud, so I'm sure that's on the horizon as well.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied August 2017

Hi Dave, Thank you for the super awesome review! I'm going to forward it to our install and training team. They work so hard and definitely will appreciate the love. Thanks again! Mell

Thomas from Maxis Restaurant

Industry: Restaurants

Flaws and bugs in system

Not good!

Pros

The first year went well! I actually liked it. Then according to their own tech support.. the company took on way too many customers than programmers or tech support could keep up with creating a domino effect of pure frustration and no support.

Cons

Many issues. Tech support is hit or miss sometimes can take up to an hour get someone. Often they can not fix problem. They "escalate it" which means you will never hear back from them. Remote report app for phone rarely works and full of problems. If its a hardware issue no phone tech support. Have to email and wait for email which takes days. Would not recomend.

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Didnt have to integrate credit card company.

2017

Response from TouchBistro

Replied May 2021

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review! I have passed this on to our support management team. We are aware our Support wait times have recently been longer than normal, and adding headcount to the Support team is our top priority. Please continue to reach out to Support when needed either via phone or live chat for the fastest response and if the queue wait time is too long our callback functionality is available as well! Thanks, Carly at TouchBistro

Jerry from Epicure

Industry: Restaurants

Very easy to use POS but needs refinement

you need to be able to authorize users to delete items without granting them void permissions. Also sometimes the POS accepts a tipout amount and passes it to the credit card processor but then forgets that it already processed the tip amount. At that point it refuses to accept any tipout amount and forces us to do an override on the preauthorization, which in turn means manual calculation of total tipout for the server and understates their tip income on wage reporting....

Pros

ease of use

Cons

1) some tipouts get passed through to the credit card processor but fail to capture in the POS, then the POS won't take a tip amount and assumes it's neither entered nor will it let you re enter the tip because the final authorization is complete. 2) in security settings for staff, to enable a staff member to correct their own mistakes before sending an order to the kitchen, because of the way you've set things up, I also have to authorize staff to VOID items that have already been sent, which I refuse to do. so I end up having to approve every little change, whether or not they've been sent to the kitchen... bad design!

Jennifer from Small Print Board Game Cafe

So user friendly

I’ve already recommended it to others to use.

Pros

It’s so easy to use. And the supper team is constantly ready to help. We use it for our restaurant and coulld imagine it without it.

Cons

There are sometimes too many features when all you need is the basics, all of the options can be overwhelming.

Response from The TouchBistro Team

Replied March 2019

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with TouchBistro. We are glad to hear that you find it easy to use, and that our support team is always available to assist you with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to continue to support you in the best way possible, and part of that is helping you use your POS to be best of it’s ability so that it is easier to understand, so please let us know which options we can help you learn more about!

Jennifer from Magnolia Hospitality Company

Touch Bistro: Great for the Independent Business

I've been using Touch Bistro since 2013 and it has only got better over the years. They are a very dynamic company with frequent updates which serve to keep your system always performing better with greater functionality and better reporting. Every update is like a little present in which you can unpack more and more features! Their support network has never failed us in our dire times of need when your mac mini crashes 30 minutes before service. This to me is one of the most important functions of a POS provider and Touch Bistro has always been easily reachable and more than happy to get us back up and running.

Pros

price, ease of use and support system in place

Cons

lacks some of the functionality of the big POS systems but frankly independent businesses do not need all that horsepower

Joseph from Gideon Welles

Great

Gets the job done.

Pros

Ease of use. New users or staff that never worked in bussness before can pick it up in minutes. Not a lot of glitches. For the price.

Cons

Updates knocking you down, putting you out of service at the wrong time. Like Friday night and restaurant is packed. and being done with out your knowledge. When they do tell you and you say not to do it then. They do it anyway. Software great, human touch ,not so much. .

Response from TouchBistro

Replied August 2017

Hi Joseph, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear the update happened when you specifically asked for it not to and it interrupted your service. I will pass the message along to our CS team. Thanks again for your time! Mell

Nathan from 714 Bar

Industry: Restaurants

Very Disappointed. I need someone from their company to reach out!!

I am not one who usually shares my experience when it's bad but I am leaving these reviews in hope that TouchBistro will reach out to me so I can resolve some issues. We purchased the system and went live back in October of 2019 for our new restaurant. The interface looked good but as far as the system being customizable to whatever you want it to do...It's not that. During our time the system lost orders, had issues updating the menu from the cloud to the POS and ultimately cost us around $750.00. The card readers continue to lose connection, the printers print to different locations randomly, and when the POS updated, it messes up because the Main Hub has not updated yet. We have a fairly small location so to attach a screen to our iMac Mini every few days is pretty challenging and if we don't, we start shift with these problems. That is what lead me to look for another POS and we found one that is far exceeding our expectations. Toast has been amazing! I called TouchBistro to cancel and the rep stated that he would send me an e-mail of cancellation and someone would reach back out to me to finish it up. I was on hold for around 1 hour and 20 minutes the first time I tried to cancel. I did get the e-mail but no-one ever called me back to wrap this up. Today I tried to reach out and was waiting on hold for 42 minutes before getting a rep who said he had to transfer me to the care team to get everything done. I was transferred, waited for about 15 minutes on

Pros

The iPads were ok, and it wasn't too hard to hook up

Cons

Losing orders, connectivity problems, card reader not working, printers printing to different locations randomly, Not very customizable

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Price but after choosing them, We decided to move over to Toast and have been using it for a week and a half with absolutely 0 issues and the customer support is so fast. I get my answers in about 5-10 minutes. It's so easy!

Ben from Kismet Hookah Lounge

My productivity & efficiency have increased in immeasurable amounts due to TB

Saved time money & increased efficiency in placing orders It also alleviated confusion regarding who ordered what & what time the order was placed in the que.

Pros

It's so easy to use & assimilate new employees into it. The touch screen & swivel stand saves having to buy another iPad for the counter staff; with the swivel both sides are able to utilize the unit.

Cons

Monthly fees. Although with the benefits of the u it I can live with the fees. I would be interested if there were pocket sized devices that staff could take on the floor & send the orders in from there via wifi

Response from TouchBistro

Replied August 2017

Hi Ben, Awesome to hear that our system has helped improve your productivity & efficiency! Our mantra is Restaurant Success. The fact that we've been able to help you with those aspects of your business means we're doing something right. Thanks again! Mell

Naz from caribbean flavas

1.5

January 2016

Tha lil app tha could :)

Pros

Touch B - is reallllllllly easy to use....well..there's a bit of a learning curve, and some gettin used to on tha back end to setup everything....but once u dour golden...and it's easy....tha updates are reallly also helpful in ironing out tha bugs etc. We serve our customers faster now with less mistakes than before...with ordering as well as doing up tha tabs etc....we can also do specials and pricing on tha fly.....it's awesome....

Cons

To get tech support has beena friggin nightmare and the most frustrating so for us. I've mentioned this to our rep already...Not being able to speak to someone immediatley makes mme wanna pull my hair out, and then i have to leave a message and wait for a call back, also drives me insane.....because ive goten called back 4 hours AFTER leaving tha message...lunch service was done already, worst yet when i have problems DURiNG service and ther's no help. We've also had problems with printing....and sometimes the orders do no go thru..and we've found this after updataing tha last software..soo not sure about that.

Melanie from The Wild Cow

Industry: Restaurants

Touch Bistro is very user friendly and easy to program.

Ease of use. Valuable synthesis of information from sales and labor hours.

Pros

Ease of use (changing menu items, viewing labor hours, etc is very easily done). It's easy for employees to use the basic functions of this program.

Cons

It freezes up frequently and requires that the app is closed and re-opened before it will work again. There's also an annoying delay after orders are sent through, while they're printing in the kitchen, during which time nothing can be done. This only last a few seconds, but a few seconds is too much for a busy restaurant to have a delay every time an order is sent.

Katherine from Restaurant

Industry: Restaurants

This is the 2nd restaurant I've used Touch Bistro. Easy to operate.

Reports, labor, food, remote report etc.....

Pros

Everything makes sense, very user friendly. Servers and bartenders who have never worked with this system can pick up right away, little or no training.

Cons

It does not have the capability of putting in counts on menu items, i.e. starting the night with 8 fish and having the system do the countdown until it's gone.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Katherine! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that this is your second restaurant using TouchBistro and you're finding it easy to use, with little to no training. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jeff from RockWood Urban Grill

Touch Bistro is great to use.

Pros

We really like the use of this software of being able to use it at the table. Items can be sent to get made with out even leaving the table. Very easy to program new items, etc. Very easy to use.

Cons

My biggest issue is the reporting offsite. We log in with the computer at another location, and we don't get to see the same reports. It would be nice if the Date range for the reporting would work for any day or any length of time. Not just weekly for Drill down report.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Jeff! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and are liking the table side functionality. I bet your customers love the table side experience too! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jeremy from PEI Preserve Company

Works great for our business!

Pros

Everything is easy to set up. And easy to find when using the program. Makes life easy when the dining room is overflowing with customers!

Cons

It was a bit difficult to get some reports off Touchbistro. It crashed a couple times but we only do reports 1-2 times a year so it's not the end of the world.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Jeremy! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and use, and that it's making your life easy when your dining room is overflowing with customers (good for you!) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dan from Bondfire Restaurant Group

Great on the front end, cloud reporting not so much

Pros

Ease of use for staff, editing items, inputting orders splitting checks by seat. Rarely crashes. Can search for items easily.

Cons

Cloud reporting mediocre, customer support not great, unable to report discounts by category. iPad based can be nice but must have newer generation iPads since they updated their software so we can longer upgrade the system without buying all new ipads

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Dan! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear your staff is finding TouchBistro easy to use. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

jens from Port Bistro Pub Trenton Ltd

Industry: Restaurants

TouchBisatro is everything we wanted, needed and more. We are still discovering it's capabilities.

ease of use and functionality are the biggest pluses.

Pros

It's ease of use. New staff literally need a 30 minute tutorial to be functional. We get our daily, weekly and monthly summaries in a snap.

Cons

I'd like to be able to narrow down searches to specific items. the detail is available on times and days, but not on specific menu items. We sometimes need to know if and when specific products sell. It would allow us to plan better.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied August 2017

Hi Jens, 30 Mins worth of training to be functional is amazing!! Not sure how many non TouchBistro POS users can say that! Thanks for the feedback! Mell

Evelyne from Simmer Down Cafe

Worth every penny

Pros

Love everything about this product. Cuts down on kitchen errors because you are not trying to decipher wait staff writing. Tracks inventory so it stops orders of 86'd food. Makes billing so easy, splitting bills, splitting items. I really can't say enough good things about Touch Bistro. Would never have a restaurant again without it.

Cons

The only thing I don't like, and maybe I'm just not doing something right, but, I can't seem to delete ex-employees.

Response from Mell

Replied October 2017

Hi Evelyne, So happy to hear you love the product! In regards to deleting ex-employees, you need to archive them. This can be done in Admin Setting under staff. If you're still finding it frustrating please feel free to give our CS team a call. Thanks again! Mell

Mim from Bolivar St BBQ LLC

Easy to use. We DEPEND on this system. We just setup RevUp to integrate a customer loyalty program

Pros

Cloud reporting and great customer service! I like the ability to keep all reporting in the POS including staff time sheets and other information. I think the reports are great and easy to use, even online as an app on my cell phone to easily manage the day's activities. Setup is easy and upgrades are seamless. We installed a second POS system for overflow it is a great benefit.

Cons

I would like to access the full POS system remotely, not just the cloud.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Mim! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to use and a dependable tool for your restaurant. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

George from Skagit Valley Food Co-Op

Excellent product!

TouchBistro is central to our restaurant operation. Our servers are happy with it, and overall administration is easy and effective for our needs.

Pros

TouchBistro is very easy setup and use and is truly designed for restaurant use. The cloud reporting feature and customer support are also excellent.

Cons

The one downside for us is that you can't do any real administrative activity without disrupting service, so you have to do it on one of the iPads outside business hours.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, George! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be very easy to setup and use, and agree with us that TouchBistro is truly designed for restaurant use. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Megan from Wellington brewery

Touch bistro

Overall experience of this software is very positive. I have years of data saved conveniently and the everyday use of visiual and set up is a breeze

Pros

This platform is the easiest I have used for a POS. Great visual display, very easy to access the info from any device. Perfect menu building.

Cons

What I have least like of this software is the overly long wait times to update the system and the difficulty with using our loyalty program and being on hold for hours to get it fixed

Adolfo from Margherita Pizza y Vino

Touchbistro in Mexico

We love the the ease of use that touchbistro gives to our daily operations. The use of iPads in our kitchen and service makes us look professional and outstand above the rest. Our business is very inclined to delivery and we would want more features including this option. For example to save and analyze orders by custumer, how a specific customer orders in a week ir month. Overall great job!

Pros

Ipad integration

Cons

Lack of some features

Response from TouchBistro

Replied April 2017

Hi Adolfo, Thank you for your detailed review! Our product team is always pushing innovation and extending/adding features. Keep a look out for the next update!

Marcella from Tori's Bakeshop

very versatile for range of businesses, simple to train and use

better real-time numbers and reporting

Pros

iCloud reporting helpful for staying up to date when not onsite.

Cons

old item archiving -- no good system for organizing beyond deleting/hiding items. Should be able to use categories and files.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, Marcella! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and train your staff on, as well as you making good use of our cloud reporting and remote access functionality. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Shawn from Stonehedge Indoor Golf

January 2016

Exceptional tab-splitting functionality and superb customer service!

Pros

We were looking for POS solution that offered enhanced tab-splitting and customer checkout capabilities. Of all the vendor applications we reviewed (and it was an exhaustive search...), TouchBistro was the ONLY one the not only met our needs, but far exceeded them! With the help of TouchBistro, we can now handle any and every checkout scenario customers throw our way. And many thanks to the customer service reps that initially trained our staff and continue to answer questions that come up from time-to-time!

Cons

The only things I would like to see TB expand upon are its reporting and customer relationship management capabilities. Give us the ability to create custom reports and mine the data that is already stored within TB. Cheaper POS systems we reviewed have much more robust reporting options. Give us the ability to store customer information and reporting on customer-based sales (i.e. who are my top customers, who were my top customers that haven't visited recently, etc.). Again, cheaper POS systems offer these features and integrate with 3rd party vendors like Constant Contact and MailChimp.

William from Dominic's Italian Grille

The ease of setup and use is remarkable

Pros

The ease with which I can manage my content. I also love the Portal and it's ability to get a somewhat realtime snapshot of the business even if I'm not there.

Cons

I'd like to be able to make updates to the content remotely. A way to run the app remotely (and still securely, VPN() would allow me the ability to troubleshoot or just manage things remotely.

Response from TouchBistro

Replied December 2017

Hey, William! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and are enjoying the remote access to real-time business data without having to be on location. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.