TouchBistro

TouchBistro Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The reports were in depth. The floor plans were also easy to set up."
  • icon"When its working its easy to use. Its pretty self explanatory."
  • icon"I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it."
  • icon"Lied about what equipment was actually needed. Said oops after a small family business over extended itself for their system."
  • icon"Customer Service very bad. Lack of knowledge and never call back to follow up."
  • icon"Touchbistro's inability to deliver on the dream they created. The amount of labor, money, loss of customers my business suffered because of this defective POS system."

Have you used TouchBistro and would like to share your experience with others?

All TouchBistro Reviews

Kyle

TouchBistro POS Review

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

CN

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands. Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!! Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

George

Excellent product!

TouchBistro is central to our restaurant operation. Our servers are happy with it, and overall administration is easy and effective for our needs.

Pros

TouchBistro is very easy setup and use and is truly designed for restaurant use. The cloud reporting feature and customer support are also excellent.

Cons

The one downside for us is that you can't do any real administrative activity without disrupting service, so you have to do it on one of the iPads outside business hours.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, George! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be very easy to setup and use, and agree with us that TouchBistro is truly designed for restaurant use. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Allison

September 2022

Do not invest in TouchBistro!!!

Pros

There really isn't much at all to like about the software. It's very basic. When it actually worka.

Cons

The app crashes a lot. It's wifi based so if your wifi goes down your credit cards readers won't work. If you close down your apps during an internet outage, you are screwed. Many, many glitches and system outages over the years. Customer service is slow and they don't have a system service statues website so when you call with an issue, you'll have to wait a long timeto talk to someone. Then by the time they call you back the issue will have resolved itself. The back end is not easy to navigate. There is no search bar for items on the cloud. There is no way to mark modifiers out of stock. No partial refunds on online orders. No good support for menu builds and start up. You are basically on your own to figure it out. They also sold me on a loyalty and gift card program and lied that it would soon integrate with online orders. It turns out they were weeks away from rolling out their own branded program. But it was too late for me. Just so very many many problems over the years that I am finally fed up and switching to Toast. So far an amazing experience with them that makes me realize how horrible TouchBistro actually is.

Easy to Use

Great app and capabilities, but iOS updates were a huge issue that lead us to find a different POS option.

Pros

iOS based so it's easy to learn and use. Cloud based so I'm able to see sales live without any delay. iPhone app is simple to navigate.

Cons

Even though it was iOS based, there wasn't an iPhone app that would allow you to ring in orders and I couldn't find a heavy duty holder that would also have enough room for the dymo card reader. The last few iOS updates really messed with the software - using sign on screen would close out the app, wifi kept disconnecting, etc.

Randy

July 2022

Full Throttle Roadhouse just Riding Along

Overall, as the buyer and admin if the software I have to say it's been frustrating.

Pros

The best feature is the floor plan and layout of the menu items. The floor plan makes it easy to start tabs, merge or separate. The menu is just easily intuitive.

Cons

Reporting can be very difficult to really figure out what you are looking for. When on Cloud admin, I wish the Menu Items were searchable instead of scrolling multiple screens. It would be nice to have hands on training instead of general videos.

Reasons for choosing TouchBistro

On the surface it looked easy and intuitive

Reasons for switching to TouchBistro

went offline a lot

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Pros

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Cons

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Chris! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Michael E.

Easy to train new employees

Sales Tax feature and clock-in clock-out features

Pros

Track revenue keep track of payroll and clock in and clock out features. Direct tech help although long wait time during peak hours. Easy to add menu items and change prices

Cons

Issues with a simple wire cord from cash drawer to printer. Tech support lacks experience when asked about replacement equipment which was frustrating during business hours

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Michael! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to train your new employees on and are getting value from the employee clock-in/clock-out and reporting functionality. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Max

Easy to Program POS

Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent. You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users. Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet. Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pros

Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Cons

Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Richard

Industry: Restaurants

Almost the best system I could ask for....

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Richard! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Anthony

Industry: Restaurants

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

Pros

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

Cons

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Anthony! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Allen

December 2021

Look elsewhere if you're considering TouchBistro!

This software has steadily gone done hill in the last 3 years. Tech support is horrible, unless you get a mid-level person who knows something. The movement to everything being cloud-based sounds great, but makes daily server reporting tedious and time consuming. HORRIBLE. If i didn't have so much money invested in equipment between multiple restaurants, i would change. If you're new and considering purchasing TouchBistro....DON'T! Look elsewhere!

Pros

Table side ordering. Menu flexibility. Expandability.

Cons

The more they add features, the worse it gets. I highly doubt that the development people have any restaurant experience. Refunding a cc that has been wrung in is ridiculously difficult. To top it off, they have just recently started to move EVERYTHING to the cloud. Including the server end-of-day reports which makes it extremely hard to check credit cards, voids, comps, etc. It's ridiculous at best. No thought whatsoever on user friendliness.

Reasons for choosing TouchBistro

Not really sure...wish daily I hadn't.

Reasons for switching to TouchBistro

Tableside ordering.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Allen, I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Our updates are all made based on customer requests, the cloud-first reporting feature was a popular request to be able to access reports anywhere you are. I will ensure that your sentiments are passed along to the product team for consideration. - Carly at TouchBistro

Replied December 2021

Jerry

Industry: Restaurants

Very easy to use POS but needs refinement

you need to be able to authorize users to delete items without granting them void permissions. Also sometimes the POS accepts a tipout amount and passes it to the credit card processor but then forgets that it already processed the tip amount. At that point it refuses to accept any tipout amount and forces us to do an override on the preauthorization, which in turn means manual calculation of total tipout for the server and understates their tip income on wage reporting....

Pros

ease of use

Cons

1) some tipouts get passed through to the credit card processor but fail to capture in the POS, then the POS won't take a tip amount and assumes it's neither entered nor will it let you re enter the tip because the final authorization is complete. 2) in security settings for staff, to enable a staff member to correct their own mistakes before sending an order to the kitchen, because of the way you've set things up, I also have to authorize staff to VOID items that have already been sent, which I refuse to do. so I end up having to approve every little change, whether or not they've been sent to the kitchen... bad design!

Joseph

Great

Gets the job done.

Pros

Ease of use. New users or staff that never worked in bussness before can pick it up in minutes. Not a lot of glitches. For the price.

Cons

Updates knocking you down, putting you out of service at the wrong time. Like Friday night and restaurant is packed. and being done with out your knowledge. When they do tell you and you say not to do it then. They do it anyway. Software great, human touch ,not so much. .

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Joseph, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear the update happened when you specifically asked for it not to and it interrupted your service. I will pass the message along to our CS team. Thanks again for your time! Mell

Replied August 2017