• Pros

• "Great product for running a retail store! The product works very well and set up is quite easy."

• "The easy to use functions and layout. It is easy to find what you are looking for, and the service is great whenever there are questions."

• "I love the ease of use and user-friendliness. Overall a great program that I definitely recommend to other retailers!"

• Cons

• "A little on the pricey side, but it offers great value for the money. Updates could come faster. They do come but tend to lag."

• "There isn't much. The only thing that I wish it could do is easily sync inventory with Enterprise desktop editions of Quickbooks. It does support Xero and Online Quickbooks."

• "Ridiculously slow, especially for inventory management a simple inventory count can take well over ten minutes to complete and sometime the system just freezes completely."

Browse Vend Reviews

Daniel from Cafe Nativo & Roastery

After 2 Years Working with Vend, We are extremely satisfied. It has added value to our business.

Vend is a POS Platform that has helped us run our business smoothly. We love the ease of configuration and customization that is available. Looking forward to our growth expansion, we have concluded that we have made a right selection for a POS platform. It is a basically a Plug & Play installation for a new site with minor issues for a start up new store once you have your business running under Vend.

Pros

Pros: Intuitive interface. Most of our users are able to adapt in a few days. Reporting Structure is Good. We can replicate a site basically in few minutes. Only Online Software that actually complied with Regulatory Fiscal requirements with no additional customization. Cons: Which it could have more apps available for integration(Mobile Apps) and hospitality configurations. . Lack of Business Intelligence Interfaces.

Cons

Lack of application Integration with third parties. Even though I find Vend very functional, I would like to see vend have payments gateways integrated in our region or country (Honduras, Central America).

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Daniel, appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of Vend. Great to hear that you are extremely satisfied with using Vend and that it's added value to your business. That is the type of feedback we love to hear from retailers! If you have any integration suggestions that you'd like to see please reach out to our team and let us know - your feedback is valuable to us. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Hines from Freelance Web Developer

I'm currently operating three locations, and Vend has been helpful so far

The simplicity to set up the inventory does save our staff a lot of time. The integration for the receipt printer, payment terminal, and cash drawer is also pretty simple. And if you run into any issues, the customer supports were also quick to respond. If you are an entrepreneur who just opened shop, I'd recommend going with Vend.

Pros

It's simple to setup and if you have any questions, you can usually call customer supports who pick up pretty quickly. This product will help you conduct transactions, manage inventory, and set promotions. I'm sure there are more features, but those were the ones I mostly use, and so far I have not encountered any major issues.

Cons

I wish there were more options on payment services than just Vantiv. Also, since this is cloud base, it will take a while for all your products to sync. For instance, if you're uploading new product and plan to do a count, I'd suggest waiting about 5 minutes for the upload to be completed before setting up the inventory counts to be safe.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Hines, thanks for your detailed review of Vend POS! Great to hear that you've found Vend simple to set up and run, and that Vend is saving your staff time. In regards to payment services, Vend has a number of integrated payment options depending on your location. For example, in the USA, you can use Vantiv, Square or PayPal. For more information go to www.vendhq.com/tour/accept-payments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Peter from MCH

Staff that enter in new stock items, are also be granted access to All your sales history

We have been using Vend for 2 years in a retail shop. Cons; Beware Employers if you want your staff to enter in "new stock" no matter how junior they maybe they will be able to see all you sales history totals daily monthly, your financial health. Are you ok with that ? If you don't have many new stock items then that may be fine, but in my case we have new products monthly so all my staff get to see how the business is doing and they see the big amounts of money coming in leading to discussions and justifications about the expenses with union delegates. Would you as an employer really want that, all your sensitive business data out there for all who enter in new stock to see ?? Would you be ok with a competitor finding out you business health ? I,m not. !! Moving forward what I would like to see in Vend is a stock entry window, or a class just above general cashiers but, below managers for stock entry and stock management, creating new items etc. Well that is my only Con . (Pros) If that mentioned above is not a problem for you then the rest of Vend is great !!! Download it and try it out for free, see if it is for you . For me sadly, it's a deal breaker and after two years I'm looking for another POS solution.

Pros

Great easy to use systems on the front end, stable data base that despite having over 6,000 items with in it doesn't miss a beat. It professional looking. Elegantly handles discounts by either % or by dollar value. Great reports. Integrates well with Xero and my website.

Cons

Beware Employers, anyone who can enter in new stock will see everything, sales history, reports, you sensitive business data, your business health. Download load it try it for yourself. I have raised this with Vend, and my response back was "Is this really a problem?". For me it is.

Jim from Simply Vapor

Completely streamlined the way we do business

Thorough reporting, cost effective, reduces our workload. Easier management of inventory.

Pros

I absolutely love the multi-store functionality of Vend. We used to have to create multiple transfers because our previous software was not cloud based and did not communicate between stores. It was a huge headache to manage two completely separate inventories. Vend solved this problem and cut our work load in half. Our inventory counts are now far more accurate and easy to facilitate. The interface is extremely user friendly, and new employees typically need very minimal training to become proficient completing transactions. The reporting is absolutely fantastic and thorough. The thorough reporting has allowed us to order product far more efficiently and accurately than before. The price is reasonable, the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I really can't think of much negative to say about Vend. We have had a great experience with Vend, and all of the issues that we have had were successfully resolved in short order by the outstanding on-boarding and support teams.

Response from Vend

Replied July 2018

Hey Jim, thank you for your glowing review of Vend POS! We're delighted to hear that you're so pleased with Vend point of sale software and that you've had a great experience with our team. Have a wonderful day! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Alon from BYX Pte Ltd

Few years user of Vend

We shifted to Vend from a traditional PC POS.It was a breeze. We run a few thousand products without a problem. We interfaced with a Shopify e-commerce shop. It was seamless. Very easy. The echosystem of apps is working well and a big advantage. We have multiple outlets which also work very well. Very few bugs or problems. Service - we rarely need but when we do, the response is fast.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, feature reach and cloud based so can be used from everywhere. Often use it from phone.

Cons

I find the price high and it has increased substantially since we started. Main missing feature set is related to lack of insights over booking vs sales. Relevant to retailers that sell a lot of layby (advance booking of goods with a down payment), and we do.

Reasons for Choosing Vend

At the time of checking (2013) it was the most comprehensive and flexible i could find.

Adele from OPL

Super easy to use!

Vend sets up your users and products at the beginning but it is then very straight forward to add new users, change their access or remove them. Same with the products, you can create categories so that the till only have a few buttons and you then have products in each category. Very good system!

Pros

It is very straight forward to use, it is very intuitive, all the functions are clearly named and easy to find. There is a support function incorporated within the website which is useful but the customer service is absolutely amazing: when I've had a query, I've always had an answer within the hour. At the beginning, the team spends the time to explain to you all the functions and there's no shaming for asking 'stupid' questions.

Cons

To be honest, in a year and a half, I haven't found yet anything I dislike about Vend.

Reasons for Choosing Vend

Vend was already used by another contract, they highly recommended it.

Rex from Inspire Business Solutions

It is Great for Specialty Retail

The have a great product and serves a need in the niche and specialty retail market. I have used it many of times and integrated it with clients and tested it with many different types of businesses. The main concern is the speed and the register interface screen layout. I think in time some of the issues will get reworked. I like the integrations with apps and online. Being cloud based its very easy to rollout to more than one location. Reporting is very robust and it will report all types of sales from every source. I recommend it to any clothing store, bridal shops, craft shops, hobby shops, etc.

Pros

Vend is easy to get going, but has a learning curve. It has a design that is geared towards more specialty retail with lower volume sales. Installed in a resale clothing store, and it worked great, it has multiple picture features and offer integration with ecommerce. The level of options is great for stores like clothing, toy stores, hobby shops, etc.

Cons

The user register screen was hard to get us too. Its not layout in a standard cash register layout. Their was no use of a virtual number keypad. Which is hard to get use too. There are work arounds for it. They really need to redo the user register interface to be more streamlined.

Eric from OG 831

Solid for Small Businesses

Overal it was good, I think for a small business that's trying to save on expenses and monthly costs - it's a viable option. Once you start making some real cash, and you want to go online as well - I think there are better platforms to fit your need

Pros

We used this for a small retail clothing store. It was managed remotely and easily updated within the shop. It was easy to see analytics for sales

Cons

Our CC processor wasn't accepted at the time, so we had to input our credit card sales manually. This was a hassle but was eventually fixed.

BRENT from FAIRWEATHER BREWING COMPANY

Perfect for an uncomplicated retail business

Vend helped us get our business off the ground when our budget was very limited. Setup and operation was a breeze, and if there was a bit more functionality for bar operations, we would have stuck with it. We ended up having to reluctantly switch to a different, far more expensive software in the end, but Vend was great for most aspects of our business.

Pros

The user-friendliness and intuitiveness of Vend was great for us in our start-up phase at our brewery. We operated a retail store and taproom/bar using Vend for about six months.

Cons

Ultimately, there was a lack of complexity in the software for running a bar/taproom in terms of being able to use tabs. There is a 'tab' / layaway function we used as a workaround but it is not meant for this purpose.

Affordability

Neil from The Gun Garage LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

I used Vend for a while but switched.

It was ok, but overall, Vend wasn't enough for me.

Pros

Easy to use and track your items you make in the system. Customer tracking was also easy to do. I also really liked the user interface.

Cons

The reporting and the price. The reporting was lacking, and the details you could keep on your products was also pretty lacking. And for the price, I switched to a competitor got more features and reporting and saved money.

Darrel from UPC Seguin of Greater Chicago

Awesome POS system

Far fewer mistakes than previous POS system. Incredibly easy to learn, even for people frightened of computers. We also have a sister business that is totally different......but we're able to integrate our loyalty program using VEND, and it's easy for each business to personalize the system.

Pros

I spent several months reviewing POS to replace our existing system---being cloud based and integrating with Shopify were absolute musts. I had narrowed it down to two, Vend being one. Since we are a non-profit they gave us a discount, which clinched the deal, but Vend also had acouple features we liked that the other one didn't. Once it was approved, I spent a month or so converting all of our products (about 3000), customers (over 3000) and vendors (a few hundred) into the new system, using CSV files, as well as changing the way departments and categories worked----much more closely to how we operate than our old system allowed. Five days after we went live, I went on a ten day vacation to Europe. All my employees said it was really easy to learn and navigate (and the few questions they had were quickly answered by their 24/7 help). They're are always making improvements and updates.

Cons

Their e-commerce platform comes as part of our package, but at the time we signed up (two years ago), it was still pretty plain, so we're still paying for a separate Shopify account (it integrates quite well with Shopify, so I haven't been in a hurry to switch over anyway). At some point I'll probably take a closer look and see if switching over makes sense.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

So easy to use, even my Grandma could use it.

love using Vend. Its simplicity allows for quick training of new employees of all technological experience. However, the best feature is the ability to use it during an internet outage. We had this happen a few times where the internet went out, yet we were still able to conduct transactions. With our old POS system, an internet outage meant we had to close until the internet was restored. With Vend, there was no wait. We were still able to process sales and didn’t lose money. However, the lack of Priority Phone Support, while we haven’t yet needed it, is a little disconcerting. Adding this to all of the plans would create a near-perfect system.

Pros

absolutely love the ease of use of Vend. While I myself am rather technologically literate, some of my employees are not. However, because of how easy Vend is to use, they picked up on how to use it within an hour. I do also love the cloud services and their ability to keep running even through an internet outage. I did like that I had the ability to try out the product before purchasing. I realized within minutes that I preferred it so much more than my previous POS system. My favorite aspects are the value and price. You seem to get so much product at such a cheaper price than its competitors. I also liked that we could use our existing cash drawer and receipt printer with Vend. The loyalty dollars option is not something we currently use, but it is nice to know that we could always opt-in.

Cons

Even though I use Google Chrome as my daily web browser, I am not fond of the fact that this is the only browser that works with Vend. If an update breaks Chrome, then I am left without a POS system. I’m hoping that they fix this and allow other browsers to work with the system. I also do not like the fact that I have to pay an additional cost for Premium Phone Support. If I am paying for your product, I should have support that is available at the highest level and available when I need it. Sometimes, something is so important that it can’t wait for an email support response. This is something that definitely needs fixing.

Response from Lucia

Replied August 2018

Hey James, we love to hear that retailers love Vend! Thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that training has gone well and that you’ve made good use of our offline mode, it’s really an essential feature for a modern POS. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

Leah from Table Top Cafe

Tremendous POS

1. Easy, simple online storefront integration. This has increased our sales and has allowed us to make sales to a wider customer base. 2. Inventory movement transparency. Our former software solution was impossible to use in any way that allowed us to view historic inventory movements, as it didn't include any type of purchase order system; inventory had to be updated item by item manually. 3. Inventory valuation. The ability of Vend to average out our costs means that we have a real-time view of the value of our stock at any and all times.

Pros

The software is easy to use and incredibly user friendly, and is consistently being updated with new features and improvements to old ones. It offers a full-scope inventory management experience. It makes it easy for us to take our shop on the go, as we sell at numerous trade shows and conventions.

Cons

There are still some features missing, or which I would term incomplete, but as Vend is relatively new and the team is constantly working on releasing updates, I have every confidence that these are cases where it is just a matter of time. It is somewhat frustrating at times that there are some issues where internet connectivity issues can cause hiccups in the system that then need to be fixed on the back end by support, but these are few and far between.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Leah, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS! It's wonderful to hear that you're so delighted with the software. Thank you for also appreciating that our team are working on making Vend even better and creating terrific new features to make running a retail business easy. If you have any specific features you would like to request or feedback for our team please submit a ticket using the follow link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Julia from the Rocket Bakery

Industry: Restaurants

It's been awesome..we have greatly enjoyed VEND and would highly recommend it to anyone!

ease of set up , ease of running

Pros

It's a very intuitive program for staff to use...accross our 7 locations staff was able to learn and use the program immediately setting up the sell screen, buttons, keys and departments was easy to do with the help of the online tutorials and some tips from customer service, as well price changes and new products are easily added and adjusted. the real time information that I am able to easily access at my office to see what's going on is great....i am able to compare outlets performance side by side I was able to, relatively easily, import a large data base of existing gift certificates to use on the new system...

Cons

There is some information/data that i would like to be able to be put in a report/receipt , that function is currently unavailable...discount reports and the gift certificate number showing on the purchase receipt... we have had some hiccups with the bluetooth connections with the printers and some problems with speed and button response, but did find that updates tended to fix that problem... wish there was a way to access my stores through my phone, perhaps by an administrator app of some kind...

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Julia, thank you for your review and high recommendation of Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're so pleased with using Vend point of sale software to run your business and thanks for your feedback as well. If you require assistance with your hardware I recommend contacting our support team for assistance. You can submit a ticket or a feature request anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jennifer from Glassfusion and Pottery Too!

Vend is user-friendly and has been and easy transition for myself and my employees.

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can see a photo of the product, since my DIY store is very visually based. I like that it is so easy to add or delete users. This helps when I have staff change and I have to take off employees to add new ones. I am a very organized person, so the folders really help, along with the color coding of each folder as well.

Cons

I would really like to have more features for the Admin position. I would like to be able to customize the features for what an Admin position would be. I want my manager to be able to add products and be able to do inventory. Also it would be really nice to be able to void out a transaction that has been closed if a mistake was done, but it seems like I have to refund the items first. Sometimes, customers just decide they don't want to do a project after we have done the transaction. It's rare, but it happens.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Jennifer, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Great to hear that you're loving so many of Vend's features. In terms of customising Amin roles and permissions, you can do this with Vend's Advanced User Permissions which is available on some of our plans. Good news regarding voiding sales ¿ this is really easy to do in the Sales Ledger. Go to https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/227008567-Using-the-Vend-Sales-Ledger and choose 'Voiding Sales' at the top to find out how. If you need any further assistance or have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team. We're here to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Kat from Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Really excellent system, intuitive and easy-to-use, functionality and features always improving

Two years ago I found myself with the unpleasant and overwhelming task of choosing a new POS system for the five gift shops I manage. I had just started the job and had a hard time researching the many options you can find online, most of which seemed geared toward a cafe and restaurant setting but were being pitched as retail solutions. VEND has proven to be (almost) everything I want. I work for a nonprofit that operates five gift shops in local State Parks. Overall, we have found that Vend is an affordable and flexible solution that is easy to operate.

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use and intuitive (even for some of my more tech-challenged staff), and perfect for a small-to-medium retail operation. It handles multiple outlets easily, as well as our wholesale business, and we're about to begin using the Vend eCommerce platform for our online store. And the price is very reasonable, which is one of the reasons it's such a good solution for a smaller business.

Cons

It can be difficult to find hardware that works with Vend. For example, we purchased the label maker that Vend recommends, and it was cheap and awful and broke twice before we decided to use something better. Unfortunately, Vend doesn't talk to that label printer, so our IT genius created a workaround that gets the job done. There are also some functions that Vend doesn't have yet (a single report that shows sales AND current inventory on one screen, for example, and better reporting for sales tax purposes) but we've always been able to work around these gaps, and Vend seems to be constantly updating and adding functionality.

September 2015

Kent from Marca Stella Pte Ltd

September 2015

Review of Vend POS and Ecommerce

Pros

We've been using the Vend POS system for just over a year and recently upgraded to Vend Ecommerce (integrating our website/online store with our POS system). We're really happy with both systems; the POS is very intuitive and training of our staff, even those without any POS experience, was a breeze. The Ecommerce solution saves us a lot of time and effort (and eliminates the possibility of errors in pricing) as we now only need to enter/ammend product info in one database to keep our records all up to date. From a service POV Vend's team are fantastic. They respond quickly (usually within a matter of minutes) to any tickets we submit thru their online service center, and the staff always follow up to make sure whatever issues we raised are resolved. When we set up the Ecommerce system, they provided several sessions of personal, live training over the phone and skype which enabled us to create a new website from scratch, even though we had no prior experience in doing so. Being a cloud based solution also gives us a lot of flexibility - we can process sales or access our backend thru laptops, iPads and even our phones. We also necer need to worry about backing up or losing our data.

Cons

Being a standardized solution, the Ecommerce platform doesn't yet have all the features you would get with a custom designed website/online store. However the cost is a small fraction of what you would pay for a customized site.

Great cloud based software. Very friendly for businesses looking to grow.

Better overall control of my entire retail business and its 5 locations. Vend should consider adding time clock functions for users to clock in and out, and to create new sales information from those users like sales per hour, etc.

Pros

Inventory tracking features. Being able to see all outlets inventory at the same time. Inventory transfers are very intuitive and easy to perform, same with stock orders.

Cons

Pricing and sale discount features aren't easy to apply for a membership type of system. Updating Price Books is a hassle as its current layout for each price book is not easy to navigate if one product's price needs to be changed inside of a price book with hundreds of products.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey there, thanks for your review of Vend POS. We agree Vend's the best point of sale for businesses looking to grow! If you're wanting to add extra staff management functionality, check out the Vend + Deputy integration. Deputy is a cloud based all-in-one employee scheduling, time & attendance, tasking and communication platform that you can connect to Vend for greater insight on sales trends and labor metrics. You can also use Deputy to schedule staff based on Vend sales data, report on staff wage vs sales percentage to optimize team performance, and the Deputy iPad kiosk for clock in/out is the perfect companion for Vend iPad app. You can find out more about that here www.vendhq.com/product-add-ons. For running discounts we suggest using Vend's new Promotion features, which will save you time, let you easily customize your offers, and help you move inventory. You can find out more here:www.vendhq.com/whats-new-in-vend/vend-promotions. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager

Harry from Philadelphia Shoe Outlet

For me Im very good with Excel so I can use it well!

Depends on the seekers use.

Pros

I like that you can do everything on Excel as I have very good knowledge of excel and CSV file format. As I upload files nearly every day, as our shoes change daily. Works with Sku well.

Cons

Pricey. Someone who does not know excel well he is in trouble unless he sells the same products forever. No manual provided so no employees cannot look up something they have never done before. Adding products takes for ever as you have click edit to do it. Loss prevention if you add someone on manager role, he or she can steal cash after a sale and receipt given to customer as they can undo cash transaction with no record. I lost several 100 dollars before I discovered this on camera. So now all my employees are cashiers only.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Harry, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. We really appreciate retailers feedback as it helps us make Vend even better! Vend's Help Centre and online videos are really great resources to help retailers with CSV files and inventory. We also offer onboarding and training services for retailers who want to get set up as quickly as possible or need a little extra help. Or they can work with a Vend Expert for hands on help! Sorry to hear about your experience with employee theft ¿ using User Permissions and Advanced User Permissions is there for retailers to help prevent those kinds of things happening. If you have any questions or require further assistance please submit a ticket with our helpful support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Stan from Indoor Farmer Ltd.

We used Vend for several years and found it very easy to adapt to and configure to our business.

Great sales and gross profit reporting. Excellent POS features like search and barcode integration.

Pros

We very much appreciated how easy it was to configure the software to our business and product lines. It is very easy to use and train new employees. We very much enjoyed being able to see live activity and reports on our mobile phones while traveling abroad. The barcode functionality was simple and easy to adapt.

Cons

The system wasn't scalable. Inventory management tools such as analysis for trends, seasonality, and forecasting was a very week or nonexistent. Also, Vend cannot process special orders or post customer deposits and that becomes an important feature to us as our business grew.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Stan, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS. Very pleased to hear that you have found Vend so easy to use and have enjoyed so many of our features, including being able to check on your business on-the-go, reporting, and more. Thank you for your feedback regarding advanced analysis and sell screen functionality that you'd like for your business. Vend has a few add-ons that you may want to look into for extra features, you can see these at www.vendhq.com/product-add-ons. If you have any more feedback you can submit a feature request to our team at any time using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Brian from DEWOLF'S

Great product at a great value and easy to use

Pros

Great customer support, they are there for you with the answers to all of the "problems" that i have had quickly and ready to fix it

Cons

The few problems that i have had were all update related, either of the vend program or the IOS version, in those cases the updates were not known to me and in some cases one or the other did not communicate well after the updates. It would be nice to know of potential problems ahead of time rather to be in the middle of a transaction and have to start the troubleshooting process, or have to wait for the update during peak selling time rather than knowing beforehand to take care of the problem during down time.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Brian, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're happy with the experience you've had with our support team - that's exactly what we like to hear! Sorry that you've experienced some problems with updates. Our team work hard to ensure all updates go out smoothly but occasionally this isn't the case for 100% of retailers. This could be due to a number of reasons, including the update, or the retailers specific setup or hardware. Our support team are on hand 24/7 should you ever encounter any problems so please don't hesitate to contact us anytime! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

steven from alpaca by design

All features one needs in a POS system, including integration with shopify made it an easy choice.

There are a lot of POS systems out there. I researched most of them before deciding on Vend. Anything you think that a POS should do, Vend does. There's no 100 percent perfect POS, but Vend has the most features and is easy to use. Plus no extra software or hardware is needed.

Pros

Shopify integration, bar code scanner integration, Quick Keys, reports, ability to list detailed product info. A big thing is remote login. I can check to see how my employees are doing at any time from any computer. I can also edit any part of my Vend information from any computer.

Cons

While Vend recently updated the way one enters product information by reducing the number of screens needed to enter or edit a product, there are still some areas of Vend that could use the same type of update. For example, after I'm finished entering a new product, there should be a button to click on that says "Enter New Product." Instead, I have to go back to the main Product Menu and go through a couple of screens to start entering another product. Not a major difficulty but this is one example where you have to go back to the main menu to access other parts of the software.

Angela from Arts & Glass

Organized and digitized my point of sale system to make it much easier to study my business.

My previous system was a paper tracking system with a standard cash register. It's been much easier to analyze the business and see trends in sales/inventory now that it's digitized. It's very organized, and has been helpful for my employees to identify and charge customers correctly.

Pros

The inventory management setup has been great--I can edit individual items on the go, or download and edit larger portions of my inventory through a spreadsheet if needed. Having photos of my items has been helpful to me and my staff. Also, being able to track customers' info, credit, and loyalty has been beneficial to tailoring their shopping experience.

Cons

It's not very easy to reach someone via phone, but there are help tutorials made up and available online, and I can also submit a help ticket when needed.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Angela, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Delighted to hear that moving from pen and paper to the cloud with Vend point of sale software has helped your business in so many ways! That's exactly what we love to hear from our retailers. Thank you for feedback on support, we've recently made some big changes there and are continuing to improve this 24/7 service to make it even better. If you have any more feedback or questions, please submit a ticket (https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375) with our friendly support team for assistance. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

DUSTIN from Tobacco and Hops, LLC

Perfect POS for Inventory Intensive Retail Stores

Vend has been a great POS system for our retail store. It's register IPAD app is quick to learn and easy to train our employees on. The Inventory and Reporting system makes the management of our business so much simpler. It integrates well with multiple 3rd party programs, and receives regular updates from the company. Support has always been quick to help me out as well with the limited issues we've had. I would like to continue to see some improvements to the loyalty and rewards aspect, however these are not deal breakers.

Pros

The Inventory Management system is leaps and bounds above other POS systems we've look at. This is by far the main driver behind why we selected Vend as our POS system for our Cigar Store. Our small retail store can easily hold 10,000+ SKUs and we needed a system that could easily manage that. The reporting system is also very robust allowing us to quickly produce reports, or export data to allow us to measure sales trends, and make informed buying decisions.

Cons

There are some limits to the loyalty system and discount aspects, however they have improved consistently with regular updates. We have a VIP Club system and I'd like to have a higher loyalty tier system for them, however there isn't a universal way to do that.

Amogh from Deloitte Consulting US-India Pvt. Ltd.

Super Easy to Use

Pros

Love the cloud services they provide and especially the feature which allows Vend to work even if there is an internet outage. Some of my colleagues are not techno savvy but they managed to figure it out pretty quick. Loyalty dollar options also seem interesting and its an optional feature.

Cons

The single browser support makes it risky if and when it gets a bad update. Currently only chrome is supported. Additional cost for premium phone support irks me because if Im buying the product, the highest level of support should come with that

Response from Lucia

Replied August 2018

Hey Amogh, thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that you’re loving Vend’s cloud point of sale software, usability, and offline mode. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

Lynda from X10 Archery

Very easy to set up, navigate and get customers checked out quickly

Being able to set up quickly, access from the cloud and use on multiple devices are jut some of the benefits to me.

Pros

The ease in setting up an online store and having the actual inventory be available is amazing. Being able to set if you want items available online or not is a plus, as being able to set a product with unlimited inventory so that it is still available to order online, even if you physically sell out of the item. This is great for quick to order in products.

Cons

It would be nice to have better integration between my POS system on the iPad, so that I could use a receipt printer and auto-cash drawer without using a PC setup.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Lynda, thank you for your review of Vend POS! Very happy to hear that you have found Vend so easy to use. If you need any assistance with your hardware setup please reach out to our support team. You can submit a ticket (or a feature request) anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Joy from Warmth Company, Inc.

POS seamless integration, on boarding, and support are on point!

Pros

Ease of use, cloud based for remote sales and access as admin. Simplicity in design and development. iOS based applications allow for quick learning at all levels from tech novice to advanced. The reporting is powerful, flexible, and captures financials and inventory in an easy to read and understand manner, again for all levels of knowledge and experience. The Products sections simplifies Inventory management in a very visual way, simplifying management and POS interfacing. Vend is constantly developing new applications and integrating processes that advance the power of the software. The notifications of these new apps is easy to read and activate.

Cons

I was a bit disappointed in the change of entering a new product, as a keyboard dominant user, the new application slowed the process by removing a few of the tab functions. Slows data entry. Yes, there are still power users out there. :)

Cheryce from Freelancer

Vend is awesome

Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

Pros

1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere. 2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry 3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed. 4. The interface is very user-friendly 5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access 6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

Cons

1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information. 2. Phone support is not available outside the USA 3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off 4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges. 5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

Response from Lucia

Replied July 2018

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Azeem from VOGUE by Amelia & Co.

Fair

Pros

Reporting features Product variants Dashboard Self Generating SKU Layby methods Customer accounts I love the gift card concept !

Cons

Error Sales Rigidity in creating new users Wish the register had a options to limit use more for newer employees not to view all the sales history and to be able to open and close. I think that's more of the store manager's responsibility than everyone being able to do so.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Azeem, thanks for your review of Vend POS. We love the Gift Cards feature too - it's very popular with our retailers! On Vend there are three different user roles, Cashier, Manager and Admin. Many retailers have employees at the Cashier level that need to open and close the register which is why this functionality is available at this level. If you want to customize user roles, you can do so with Advanced User Permissions available on some of our plans. This allows you to choose what roles can see and do within the user roles. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Alan from Berowood

It solves all of the problems I have as a retailer

I achieved fast checkout because all the product are loaded in inventory, but perhaps the most important is that I have increased the accuracy of reporting drastically

Pros

What I like about vend its is well designed user interface. But perhaps the most important is the ease of use, you can get the gist of it in about 20 minutes, and for more complex tasks it still would not take long to learn

Cons

I guess it's that for more detailed accounting id have to connect it to another software. so for example i have other expenses like utilities dont figure in the vend reporting, so the GP figures for instance are not fully accurate.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Alan, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Our teams work hard to make sure that Vend is easy to use and quick to learn, so we're happy to hear that you feel that way! Vend has a number of integrations including with Xero's powerful accounting software that you may want to look into. If you'd like to give us more details on a specific feature you'd like to see in Vend, please use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375 to submit a feature request. All the best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Gina from Venissimo Cheese

Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn.

Cloud-based POS.

Pros

Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

Cons

We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Lanette from New Freedom Vapor

There are easy to use aspects , some functionality could be easier

Pros

The reports are easily accessible, I like the quick keys for the register, is easy for training. I like the daily sales ledger to show sales by associates and also easy for returns also. Daily totals during the day are nice to see where you are in sales also.

Cons

Putting in products and variance are a little confusing. I also think inventory could be easier in the software.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Lanette, appreciate you taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding aspects like reporting, processing returns so easy and finding the quick keys feature useful. Sorry to hear that you've found adding products and variant products a little confusing - if you require any assistance with this please submit a ticket with our support team so they can help you out! Just use this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Kaitlyn from North Ridge Marketing

The Best POS System

I Love Vend its one of the easiest platforms to use and I have used a lot. I run a small business thats not very big and this system has worked great for me.

Pros

Very Easy to use. I like that you can run your inventory of your store though it and that you can add frequent customers that come by the store. When they come in and buy something they can get loyalty points which can go towards one of their purchases. I also like the on account tab - this is very handy especially for us since we live in such a small town and everyone knows everyone.

Cons

I don't like how the system just decides that we are not gonna listen to what you say. For example if something is on sale say for $2.99 and it was $3.99 sometimes it won't change the price. This is very frusterating so you have to watch extra carefully with sale items.

Norma from Est. 2013 Stellium Jewellery

Its easy to use in a variety of laptops and Ipad.

I can record what are my weekly sales, to give my employees comision of their sales, to check inventoroy.

Pros

That I can open it from a different location and different device. Its user friendly. I can send email invoice to clients. I can accept partial payments.

Cons

Sometimes makes changes that im not aware of. Sometimes dont get custumer service. Sometimes I dont find in the frequently asked questions how to do some options.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Norma, thanks for your review for Vend POS! Happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's functionality and ease of use - that's what we love to hear! Vend's customer support team are available 24/7 so if you ever need assistance please don't hesitate to reach out. If you would like to give us some more specific feedback you can submit a ticket with our friendly support team here: https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).

MARTINA from CLAY CORNER STUDIO

Picture Perfect POS

Vend POS has made my life so much easier. I like being able to search, order, plan from home and not have to go into the store to do work. I also enjoy that I can search almost anything.

Pros

This POS system is easy to use and easy to teach new employees. I love being able to access it from anywhere and being able to get information I need for planning and ordering.

Cons

None as of yet. We have been happy. We have had no real issues and anything that has come up has been easily solved.

Response from Vend

Replied September 2018

Hey Martina, thanks for your review of Vend POS. This is the kind of feedback we absolutely love to hear. We're so pleased to hear you're finding Vend easy to use, train your employees on, and that Vend POS is making your life easier. If you do have any questions or problems please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly team - we're here to help you run the world's best retail! Best wishes, Vend's Community Manager.

Lucinda from The Aztec Arrow Clothing Company LLC

This system is pretty easy to use and I love the ability to scan items, saves time

Pros

The ability to scan items. Entering inventory is easy. Looking up prior sales is easy.. Customer service is fast to respond and help with any problems i may have

Cons

There are some things it doesn't offer . The overall sales summery is a little confusing. I have problems when entering the product in the brand section, it blinks until I type something in

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Lucinda, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. So happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's support team and our POS usability, especially that it saves your business time! That's exactly what we love to hear from retailers. If you have any specific feedback about features you'd like to see on Vend or need technical, please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. They'd be more than happy to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Matthew from Mutiny Information Cafe

It works well for our retail store/cafe. The inventory management is our main requirement.

Inventory management, Point of Sale, easy daily/weekly/monthly quick sales reports. Ease of use for beginners.

Pros

Easy to train new employees on the POS. It's integration with Shopify, Deputy and Square. Clean and pro looking (would like to be able to customize it more for my shops character).

Cons

I don't like that I have to activate the scanner, it really slows things down. The label making software is not very adjustable, and it makes it difficult for the scanner to read. No pictures for variants.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Matthew, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Happy to hear that it's working well in your business! Sorry that you're not 100% happy with your hardware setup. If you require extra assistance with your hardware, I suggest reaching out to our friendly support team or enquiring with a Vend Expert for hands-on assistance. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Myles from Seattle Thread Company

I've used Vend 4 days a week for the past 3 years.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and makes it extremely easy to enter in new products and keep track of said products.

Cons

A fair amount of bugs pop up regarding the new product and stock control sections of the program. There could also be ways to further refine the stock control portion, like making scanned items organize themselves by a specific attribute automatically.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Myles, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Pleased to hear that you've found Vend very user friendly! Sorry to hear that you've come across some bugs, our team always appreciate retailers letting us know if they come across anything buggy so we can look into it ASAP. If you experience a bug or ever want to make a feature request you can use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Freda from John Montgomery Inc.

Vend POS software is very user friendly, but what really excels is the customer support

Pros

We had never used a POS system before, so we were a little intimidated by the thought of having to input our inventory. However, the ability to use .csv spreadsheets greatly facilitated the process of copying the inventory from our accounting program.

Cons

Vend will occasionally change the format of a page or category unexpectedly: for example, when a product is added or edited there is no longer the choice to add a sales code and a purchase code.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Freda, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're pleased with how user friendly Vend is to use and that you've had a wonderful experience with our support team. We're always working on how we can improve Vend to make it even better so occasionally there will be changes. If you have any feedback about a particular change please do let us know via a ticket with our support team. Your feedback is important to us and will help us make Vend POS the best it can be. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jeff from Trafford and fourth

Overall a very good, user friendly product.

A POS that integrates well with our accounting system.

Pros

It integrates well with Xero our accounting software. It is very user friendly and easy to learn how to use.

Cons

The stock order process is very time consuming and cumbersome. I would like to be able to adjust the date on stock orders, so that it can be matched to the invoice/payment date in the event that the stock order is not received in VEND until after the invoice/payment date. Also it allows you to receive items that have been marked as inactive, it should pop up to make them as active again. When scanning product through, unless you are watching the screen, you can't tell when a product scans up with an error/bar code not in the system etc, the beep tone needs to be different. I wish it was integrated with Moneris merchant services. It would also be nice to be able to have more control over what users have access to more individually.

Krishna from Connect Hotel Management

Easy to use and well documented POS.

Organizing hotel vending area and tracking inventory.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use. Customer support is always helpful. Can input wide range of SKUs and QR codes to customize products that don't have them printed on.

Cons

Slightly pricey, needs to be logged out and back in sometimes. Some of the buttons to press could be bigger such as removing an item from order screen.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Krishna, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and our support team helpful! That's exactly what we like to hear from our retailers. If you'd like to go into more detail about what buttons you think should be better, you can submit a feature request using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Rebekah from Avenue Yarns

We use Vend to run our retail yarn store.

It is a robust and fairly flexible program that keeps our store running, and provides most of the financial reporting that we need.

Pros

It is fairly simple to learn and use on a daily basis. It can handle a lot of SKUs. The customer phone support is very good. It integrates with our online store that uses Shopify.

Cons

It doesn't sort sales by payment method. We cannot get all of the historical reports that we would like to access. It is not easy to print reports directly from Vend.

Response from Vend

Replied July 2018

Hey Rebekah, Thanks for your review of Vend. Really great that you're finding it easy to use on a daily basis. Thanks for your feedback on reporting, I've passed that on to our team. Feedback from retailers helps us make Vend even better so thanks for taking the time to share yours with us! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

January 2016

Nathan from Round-Up Solutions Pty Ltd

January 2016

Vend is the Bomb !

Pros

Once Vend is set up is very user friendly and reliable. Like all software you need to align your procedures to it's design and functionality but we continue to include more functions and features into our business. Some years ago, we had some coding and API work done to link it with a popular email marketing system but now there are standard apps and integrations to use which is great. Training staff is easy and support is intuitive and quick. I have seen bugs get fixed and addressed over the last few years which has made it even more robust.

Cons

The loyalty feature is very sound but it would be awesome to have email marketing capability within Vend. At the moment it has the ability to send notifications and receipts to customers but you need to link to an email marketing program to develop customer relationships

November 2014

Amanda from Surf & Turf

November 2014

Ease of use that doesn't compromise performance and functionality.

Pros

Vend allows us to keep everything in one place, from the customer base to the inventory. Vend is compatible with Mac, iPad, PC and Android which is what drew us to it in the first place. Everything is backed up on the cloud, making the information available on virtually any device, anywhere. (No worries, the iPad app will work offline too, so you can still process sales where there is no internet access!) There are aspects that we haven't even tried out yet, such as variants that allow you to define different sizes and colors of products, a customer loyalty program, the option to sync with Quick Books, the ability to connect Vend with a retail website, the use of a bar code system and the option to connect to PayPal. There is no contract if you don't want one. You can choose to pay monthly or for a year at a time.

Cons

Vend doesn't have a report option that shows all the sales that have been exempt from sales tax (i.e. farm or resale), making it difficult to single those sales out. However, they are currently working on expanding their report system to include customized reporting.

Camille from NOLA Tropical Winery LLC

Generally good. Not the perfect system for our services.

Time. I spend less time training and gathering data.

Pros

It was easy to set up the system. It works with our website thru Shopify app. The system is user friendly for the staff, so learning curve is brief.

Cons

Not good for tipped services, did not have untaxable sales calculation for first year i used it, does not sync well with QBO, delay in customer service response time.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Camille, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Great to hear that you and your staff have found Vend so easy to use! Vend doesn't have a tipping feature as Vend is designed for inventory based retailers and tipping isn't commonly used in retail. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused your business. If you would like to provide more feedback, have any questions or need assistance with anything please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jim from OLLY Corporation

Excellent platform and easy to use.

Pros

Great cost effective software for our retail business. Our associates find it easy to use and has regular updates that are easy to implement.

Cons

Needs more enterprise like features for the back-end inventory management. Some more mobile functionality with payment options would be better.

Response from Vend

Replied June 2018

Hey Jim, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you and your associates are finding Vend easy to use! If you have any specific feature requests around inventory or would like to let us know what kind of mobile functionality you'd like to see with payment options, please let us know using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Baldwin from Panda Hobby

A great POS for starters and less tech savvy customers

This POS system seems more like a stepping stone. It gets you through the door to start your business but once you grow out of the beginning step you will quickly find the system isn't reliable, lots of crucial functions are missing and worst their customer service is almost useless. Most of the time we file for a support ticket the customer service replies with typical troubleshoot issues that we clearly stated we've done before and waste our time and when it gets to an actual technician they don't know how to fix it. I highly suggest for someone starting to use it to get a feel of what system they will need for their future but not something you will stick with for a long time.

Pros

Easy to use, has lots of functions that other software doesn't come with out of the box. A great start to get your business going. It looks clean and the UI is the nicest looking one so far we've seen. They have a free front display app for a second ipad so you can have a customer facing screen.

Cons

Lacking crucial functions to actually run a business. No real reporting, often system goes down. The system lacks any mass editing features unless you export the database into csv and re import it. Not efficient if you need to adjust tags in large batches because the exported CSV file, all the tags are in a single cell. The system lacks stability, we have been using this system for more than a year and it's been going down on crucial moments. Right now the system is slow to sync to Vend server causing sales screen and transaction not to be processed. This has costed us many sales specially at crucial times. Their customer service is great, nice and friendly but virtually useless. Not once has any of our issues been resolved. It was either an issue that resolved itself over time I guess they fixed it on their back end or we have learned to just live with it. You have to pay for individual cashiers. So if we were to want to do an event and have an additional cashier it would cost a lot more than what it's worth to have an additional cashier. Reporting is very basic. If you need numbers that for example compare data points of last week's sales vs this weeks sales by day vs by hour to know which day of the week is your strong day and which hour of the day is your peak you can't do it. Unless you do everyone stat as an individual data pull then you can get the stats but there is no clean visual display to arrange the data neatly so more work is to be done. Very simple reporting such as what do we have in our inventory of type A vs Type B to know what we're lacking in inventory is a many step process to pull which results in more work.

Kristyn from Vapor Store

TERRIBLE Customer Service

I would never use this system if I were to open a business. I would look into other systems. Rain seems like it would be good, but need to do more research. Vend s HORRIBLE.

Pros

It's easy for employees to search something. I Like how you can export the items to an excel sheet to count and then re-import.

Cons

1. It is like pulling teeth to get support. they make you write a novel rather than just simply calling- and then don't answer for days. I have been waiting exactly 7 days for my issue to be resolved. 2. Inventory counts are mysteriously inaccurate on a ridiculous amount of items, even after I update it the day prior.. It has been like this the whole 2 years on and off. There is no way it is employee/customer theft. It is program error. 3. The loyalty deletes every time I update a variant...I have to re-enter it every time which is extremely annoying and a complete waste of time.To make it worse, I can't highlight the loyalty amount that's already in there and re-type the same exact thing.. it makes me click the zero loyalty above and then re-click the loyalty amount and re-enter it. Another annoying waste of time. It's not user friendly on the back-end...you have to pay meticulous attention when updating things because of this. Difficult to do while working with customers. 4. This program is very inconsistent. 5. Sometimes my whole update doesn't save at all and I have to redo it 3 times.

Response from Lucia

Replied April 2018

Hey Kristyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Vend POS. I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way - we want Vend to be as easy as possible for retailers to use so I’m sorry that you’ve found some aspects a little difficult to master. Apologies for any frustration caused by this! I’m sorry that there was some delay with resolving your issue, sending through all the relevant information (including examples and screenshots) really helps our support team assist you as quickly as possible. The faster we know what’s going on the faster we can help you. In regards to your issues with inventory, our team have provided you with the steps to fix this and get things working smoothly for you. I hope that that’s all working better now, and if not please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again - we’re here to help! Best wishes, Lucia Vend’s Community Manager

Tony from Launceston City Mission

A good start-up POS software solution through to multiple site or franchise-sized businesses.

Suitable for start up to multiple site smaller businesses.

Pros

Video and text tutorials are first rate to help start new staff and keep up with areas of growth, like how to do a store credit or introducing gift cards. Updates to features are added regularly. The front screen is easily understood and the ability to add preset SKU buttons to the screen or folders on the screen is easy. The adaptability of what we have as a cafe sell screen versus the boutique shop versus our department stores sell screens PC, iPad or mobile device usability.

Cons

The customer needs to know how to do a product family tree and then set the Types and Tags correctly so that the reporting functions can give data that is segregated correctly. The Lay-by function acts differently than other software functions. (Sales are not added to the date it is paid off, maybe 2 months later, which means completed sales are understated during the Lay-by period) There is no method for importing costs within the system. Costs have to added together outside (cost of good, freight, charges, fuel surcharge, import duties, etc.) and then migrated with the receiving function. We found that our iPad's slow down considerably and we are constantly restarting them, trying to look for and run updates, checking for errored sales, running them through the App Store rather than from the App icon on the desktop. The sales ledger cannot export for analysis a full days trading with 300 sale transactions. Reports export as .csv files but won't export well to .xml Need to use Open Office spreadsheet for best and most reliable file integrity. The Price Book function is limited to two or more identical SKU's (2 of same chocolate block) not product categories (2 types of chocolate block)

July 2016

Ben from 35th & Butter

July 2016

Best Product After Lots of Research

Pros

Vend has a great online interface WITH a strong back office section. Many other online services are great for checking out/selling but don't have a strong back office section. Vend also offers many things built in that others charge for. You can have multiple users..no fee; Gift cards supported..no fee, free "simple" e-commerce site, integrated payments. Also, you can have someone working in the back office section of the software while someone else is in the sales screen. Not all other software options can do that, beware!! Anyway, I've just been really impressed.

Cons

Vend needs to add support for more label sizes so you can batch and print directly from Vend. Currently you have to use the DYMO software to produce any label that isn't 1"x2 1/8". They do support other larger labels but not the butterfly or other small labels we can get here in the US.