Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It is easy to use and organize all of your data."
  • icon"Ongoing development/improvements program and roadmap are excellent."
  • icon"What I like the most about Qvidian is that you can set up your own templates for Word or Excel. I also like the intuitive search functionality."
  • icon"Minor complaint, some of the search options are colored coded. For color blind people, it will be hard for them to distinguish which filters are on."
  • icon"The first con I have is a minor one, as the search function is highly customizable, but the buttons are grey/green. For color blind people, this can cause some confusion."

Have you used Qvidian and would like to share your experience with others?

All Qvidian Reviews

Lauren

Great Product!

Pros

It is easy to use and organize all of your data. I use it as a question/answer database for multiple different lines of business and have no issues with making different folders to organize.

Cons

Sometimes it's annoying how I have to think of "synonyms" of words to try and find the answers I am looking for. But.. I don't think that's the software's fault.

Barry

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good and constantly improving

We bought Qvidian years ago for its database only. It was a lifesaver and timesaver over our practice of searching folders full of previous RFPs for responses. Later, when Qvidian improved the proposal building capabilities, we started using it to build Word RFPs. It is still most useful for filling out questionnaires including the very complex spreadsheets we receive. Great feature: you can load a spreadsheet into Qvidian and run autosearch on one or multiple cells, an excellent feature. Unfortunately, autosearch usually requires multiple attempts to find the best response, almost never finds the one best answer. This may relate to our complex products and custom services. Now our sales team has moved us from Word to mostly PowerPoint proposals, so we don't use Qvidian as much proposal creation.

Pros

The ability to load a spreadsheet in and search on one or multiple cells is great. Qvidian is flexible, adapts to Word and Excel questionnaires, has strong search features, and saves formatted text and images in its content management database. Autosearch is good and quick. Ability to click on the desired response or responses and add them, sequentially, into a response, is fantastic. They have excellent support including weekly support webinars with live Q&A. Ongoing development/improvements program and roadmap are excellent.

Cons

It's robust features like tags, search terms, dividing content into folders, and other flexible features also make it complicated and not very intuitive. Autosearch tends not to find the best answer and requires further searching. Maintaining content is time consuming and difficult. Resolving duplicates/similar responses is a slow process.

Reasons for choosing Qvidian

Best RFP database for the money at the time.

Wendy

February 2015

Great tool for managing proposal content

Qvidian is a great tool for managing all of our content for proposals. We don't use it for producing proposals because we do alot of custom work. I like the feature that allows you to send content to a contact for an update. I also like the fact that there are many ways to do the same thing.

Cindy

I have used Qvidian for several years as a RFP writer and as a content administrator.

Increased productivity when replying to RFPs. Better responses where we can see the history of the edits. Easier SME reviews.

Pros

I love how they are continually improving their product. The search feature is very intuitive. If you can use google, you can use Qvidian to find anything you need in your database. The software is learning from my search behaviors and my most frequently used content, based on search terms, is the first records that are listed in my results. Once you have set-up your database with your content, we have easily been able to use it for 70%-80% of our RFP responses. It has greatly sped up our RFP process.

Cons

I would like it to be easier to customize users authorities. We have a few on-off users that need access to only certain areas and it hasn't been easy to give them access to only certain folders, and not allow them to see other libraries. I wish there was a true user's guide for quick reference. Sometimes I don't have time or want to try to find an answer in the community forum. I feel like they do not have a user guide because they want to sell their training.

Brian

February 2014

Mostly perfect

Qvidian excels in several areas: Organization - Qvidian uses a folder tree layout with user-created top-level categories that can then be branched out into more in depth subcategories. Each folder also shows the number of records it contains. Searching - Qvidian uses a Google-like approach to searching. When a user searches for a term or phrase, if the correct record is found and used, then the search term the user had typed in is added to the meta data of that record. In the future, when that same term or phrase is searched again, the record(s) containing that search term appears closer to the top of the search results. Editing - Two choices are offered for editing records, both of which utilize integration with Microsoft Word. In the first choice, records are edited one at a time as separate documents. This allows editing of both the record and its corresponding meta data. The second editing choice allows a user to edit multiple records in one document. However, this does not allow editing of records' meta data. This trade off does allow for easier editing of multiple records at once, though, since a user can utilize Word's various comparison tools. There are a couple of areas where Qvidian could use some improvement. Feature regression - The editing option that puts multiple records into one document had always been present in Qvidian; however, when the multi-edit feature that only allows editing one record at a time was released in version 9.1, the original editing functionality was removed. This caused me a lot of frustration, as it severely slowed down my work flow since I could now only see and edit one record at a time. It wasn't until a year later when version 10 was released that the old editing functionality was added back. Server side requests ' In the latest version, Qvidian handles all user requests on its own servers instead of on the user's PC. Depending on the number of records, this can be very quick (a few seconds) or very long (I've waited up to 20 minutes before) depending on how taxed Qvidian's servers currently are. I understand the reasoning behind the move, in that it takes the load off of a user's computer so that other applications they currently have open aren't affected by added memory usage, but in practice I find that it only slows down my workflow. Any somewhat modern PC shouldn't have any trouble handling a large report request from Qvidian.

Bob

Great for RFPs

Pros

Qvidian is a great tool to utilize for RFPs. The database content is easily updated and searchable. It also has a plugin for Microsoft word, which allows you to easily transfer the response to your RFP document. You can build an entire RFP in the actual tool itself. Qvidian also lets you assign and track RFPs, giving your team access to each other's RFPs should the need arise where someone has to finish out one.

Cons

The first con I have is a minor one, as the search function is highly customizable, but the buttons are grey/green. For color blind people, this can cause some confusion. The second con is that although keeping track of responses and uploading them are easy, you will need licenses for your SMEs if you would like for them to update thier portions. Business-wise, I do not blame them for this move, but most companies are not buying licenses just for SMEs.

Laura

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Long Time RFP Writer Highly Recommends

It has cut down on the amount of time it takes for me to complete searching for RFP responses which used to be very time consuming and streamlines the process for sending questions to SMEs and import responses.

Pros

Working within Qvidian and using their auto-fill technology has really sped up the proposal process in terms of searching and applying content.

Cons

As it's a very robust tool, it's a bit complicated or difficult to stay up to date with all of their functionality. I was primarily using it as a database but am beginning to learn and use more of the features although I still have much to learn

Intuitive proposal management and content software.

Pros

The folder structure is very easy to navigate and makes it easy for anyone who is used to this type of organizational style to transition onto the platform. The customer support was fantastic - when I decided to purchase the Qvidian software for my organization, Qvidian assigned an account manager who onboarded my organization and spent hours conducting training sessions with a coworker and myself.

Cons

At times managing styles is extremely time-consuming and is complicated to set up in the first place, and if not done correctly in the first place it can cause a lot of problems downstream when snagging content from the system.

Laura

Qvidian Helps to Streamline RFPs

Streamlines the RFP process.

Pros

I love the search functionality! I just highlight keywords in the RFP, hit the Qvidian search button and it brings up matching responses.

Cons

It's not compatible with Excel yet although I believe that upgrade is coming. I need to save the questions to Word and convert the finished Excel document to Word to upload into the database.

Qvidian allows for the organization and reuse of RFP answers.

Pros

The metadata fields are flexible and easy to use. The folder structure can be modified at any time. The editing function works. The customer service is helpful and concerned about answering needs.

Cons

You must use a Word add-in to edit. The self-training materials leave out important definitions and/or steps.

Alan

July 2015

Excellent product. Requires a commitment.

Qvidian Proposal Automation (QPA) is an excellent content repository. It's browser-based cloud library is excellent for organizations who have workforces who occasionally work remotely without direct access to a network drive. The user-interface is intuitive and it allows for excellent customization in order to be tuned to your specific needs. The organization itself also has an incredible commitment to continuous improvement and their consistent attempts to develop and improve their technology is noticeable and appreciated. The system continues to improve and evolve over time with improvements that are obviously created in direct response to customer feedback. Lastly, QPA is very good at highlighting for you (almost without even trying) where your processes lack the necessary organization to function... Objectively, there are two things that every company considering Qvidian should know: 1) Take the implementation slowly. I don't think Qvidian has nailed this process yet. The implementation process ran over a few months when honestly, it probably should have been various components phased in over the course of a year. That's not to say it's overly complicated, it's not. But it will result in a number of process changes for your staff and asking them to adjust to all of those changes simultaneously is something I wouldn't recommend. 2) It's time consuming. This is a bit of a double-edged sword. The honest truth is that managing QPA is a very time-consuming endeavor and if you don't have a dedicated resource, you're likely to struggle with the maintenance of your content. That sounds bad, but really, this fact is true whether you are using QPA or not. Having this system in place helps clarify for you exactly what you are and are not doing, which is actually more of a positive than a negative...but... With those warnings issued, I must say that I absolutely recommend using Qvidian and QPA. It's a wonderful product that will push your organization forward if you make the commitment to leveraging it's capabilities.

Barry

October 2014

Great Proposal Automation Tool & Keeps Improving

Our company has been utilizing the Proposal Automation for over 5 years and have seen dramatic improvements that have positioned Qvidian as a leader, unrivaled. Pros: Qvidians Content Library - easy to manage content and make your content easily accessible to the organization Architecting New Document Types - creating new documents is easy to do, making sales enablement and aligning content to your organizations sales cycle extremely easy Significant Updates - over the past several years, our organization has been thrilled with the consistent updates that have made major impacts to those who utilize the tool as well as those who are administrators Roles - we have been able to create custom experiences for our users so that they aren't needlessly distracted by content or document types that are not relevant to them Customization - able to customize roles, search experiences and links for users, as well as branding Customer Service - Qvidian has been out to visit us to get feedback on their products, and we have seen the fruits of that feedback consistently over the past couple years with updates Cons: Branding: This is minor to our organization, but I do wish more branding options existed Reporting: Customizing reporting can be challenging, though Qvidian has been accommodating, it'd be nice to be able to customize without knowing coding. (I do think that major updates are coming for reporting). One of the recent enhancements this past year with event auditing, really expanded what the system captures, so that was a major improvement Qvidian's Proposal Automation has made our organization more efficient. Understanding the system and how to make it work for your organization is key. Attending their conferences is important, but even if you can't do that, they provide a knowledge bank on their website and have excellent trainers who can support optimizing QPA for your group. Each year we review other technologies, and each year we come back to QPA.

Tammy

We have used Qvidian for the past two years and have been quite pleased with our usage.

Pros

Cons

There isn't much I don't really like. I wish SMEs didn't have to have a license to be able to use some of the features.

Bob

I utilize QVidian as a RFP response repository.

Pros

QVidian's ability to interact with Microsoft products like Word and Excel saves me a lot of copying and pasting. With QVidian, I can insert standard responses with a click. It also allows you to save a format, so you don't have to worry about style formatting.

Simeon

July 2016

Qvidian - Great Content Management Tool

It has been excellent so far. Coming into my area of work, we did not have a method of consolidating our content while managing proposals/RFPs, everybody sort "had" the content in their own personal laptops which made getting up to date content from experts extremely difficult. Qvidian has taken away all those challenges

Pros

- excellent content management system - great customer service - ease of use

Cons

none that i can think of so far

Kym

June 2015

Qvidian Playbooks help increase rep productivity

Pros

The software allows us to serve up content in context to where the seller's opportunity is within the sales process. The sellers do not need to waste time searching sites to find the right content, it is served up to them dynamically and when it is meaningful. Qvidian as a company is fantastic to work with. We have engaged with all areas from Professional Services, Development, Marketing and the like and everyone is on board to make their customer's successful!

Cons

It took us a while to master the rules but nothing that would prevent me from purchasing again.

Kartikk