Avetta Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

1.5

1.5

• icon"The features seem easy to use. Not that there isn't any confusuion just not as much as some."
  • icon"Every dime of these expenses were past on to the management company, and ultimately the original client. And Avetta still makes a bucket of money selling your company information to others."
  • icon"The platform is fairly simple to use. That is literally the only good thing to say."
  • icon"Cost has been a struggle and will be an ongoing one. The cost to our suppliers is very high as this is a requirement to work with our company, the cost is significantly higher than other platforms."
  • icon"Response time is severely lacking. Willingness to work with the client is non-existent."
  • icon"The cost is always a tough subject for contractors and clients."

All Avetta Reviews

Stephanie

I am a superuser of the product as both a contractor and a client

The team is always willing to listen if there are ways that the product can be improved. They have always been fair and honest in answering questions/concerns and suggestions. I have always felt that they were an extension of my EHS team and support staff even though we are two different companies.

Pros

As a client using the software for my contractor management system: It is a one stop shop for all of our company safety documentation, contracts, certificates of insurance etc. Any documents I need to roll out are simple to add as a new requirement one time versus contacting each contractor individually. As a contractor uploading my data for all my clients: It is very user friendly and easily manageable to connect to new clients and complete required information to be approved. It sends me notifications for expiring items ahead of time so I do not become non-compliant. Annually it gives me 90 days to complete updates from my clients to keep compilant.

Cons

The cost is always a tough subject for contractors and clients. In the end if my clients use this product and I want to do business with them I will make a business decision whether it is in my companies best interest to pay the fee to work for the client or not. The same goes for my contractors as we use this to manage our contractor base, if they want to be an approved contractor this is the product we utilize and they will make that business decision that is best for them as well.

User experience.

Naomi

Industry: Oil & Energy

I am the superuser of the application, contact for both internal/external clients.

Overall, we had an unpleasant implementation and dealing with the after affects. We have a good team of people that we work with now that have made the process better. I work with the team daily to make sure our suppliers are getting compliant. I also work wit h the team to make Avetta better for everyone.

Pros

We gather all information in one place, provide many reports for all of our departments, Senior Executive Management and our Board of Directors. We also provide our safety department the information they are looking for on our suppliers. The notification process that gives our suppliers sufficient time to upload documents that are about to expire, insurance, WCB, safety manuals, COR, etc.

Cons

Response from Avetta

Hi Naomi, Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that it has been beneficial in the monitoring of your supplier network. There are several items on the Avetta account one being Marketplace that can help to compensate for the cost. Marketplace the suppliers and clients have access to deals such as discount on Insurance, safety services, safety related services and much more such as travel discounts. All of this is included in the membership. Feel free to let us know should you have any questions about this and we would be happy to assist!

Replied March 2021

Iain

Horrifically Expensive For Little Return

Poor customer service, rude and arrogant. You have to do what they say and there is no negotiating with them. I really hate having to call them.

Pros

Not bad platform, fairly easy to use. User interface is well designed.

Cons

Very expensive, prohibitively expensive for small to mid size contractors

Reasons for choosing Avetta

I didn't personally, my client switched over so I had to follow suit.

Reasons for switching to Avetta

My client moved to Avetta

Response from Avetta

Hi Iain, I am glad to hear the platform is easy to use for you and sorry to hear the other negative experiences you have had. I would be happy to touch base with you and go over ways of making the system easier and different options to save money on the system as well. Feel free to reach me at zbaker@avetta.com

Replied December 2020

Derek

Industry: Renewables & Environment

October 2022

Double the price, 10% of the service VS. ISN

Our business is engaging our sales teams and exploring customer incentives for customers that do not use Avetta. They are so poor to work with, we are literally changing our business to guide our customers to a better solution for everyone. Other services function 100% better (including for the hiring client) and are much more efficient at completing that task, with much better customer service.

Pros

There are no features at Avetta that are not significantly worse than ISN.

Cons

The software requires contractors to upload redundant documents (same document many times for multiple customers), requires documents for areas of exposure that we in no way handle as a business, and the customer service is beyond terrible. Submitted documents and audits often wait days or weeks before they are initially reviewed. Then Avetta will often flag items by their inexperienced staff that know nothing about health and safety or government regulations. All of these things lead to customers waiting significantly longer than necessary to get the services they need. These issues are related to their incompetence, not due diligence.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

We are required by our customers that are unfortunate enough to have purchased services with Avetta.

Bart

Industry: Machinery

November 2022

Poor Customer Service

We have a new customer that uses Avetta. A connection was added. The bill we received was excessive vs what we paid per connection at our last renewal. I questioned the excess charge and asked how the fee was calculated. The reply was that there are many points that determine pricing so no support of charges was given. They also said a rate increase was included. I have no problem paying a bill when it is understood what makes up the charge and how it is calculated. I have requested to talk to someone to better understand our billing before paying MULTIPLE times. There has been no response. I feel like Avetta has you over the barrel and there is no incentive for them to provide some basic level of customer support. I will continue to wait for some assistance and will update this review if things change.

Pros

We are forced to utilize this software for compliance by a few of our customers.

Cons

Not as much as an issue with the software but rather billing and customer service.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

We did not choose Avetta. We are forced to use it for compliance by a few of our customers.

Kristine

Industry: Plastics

Necessary for our business

The platform is simple to use and customer service is great.

Pros

This is necessary for a few of our customers that require their vendors get vetted through Avetta.

Cons

Price is the only caveat. Paying per customer gets steep.

Response from Avetta

Hi Kristine, I am glad that you have had a great experience! If you look at the top right of your avetta account there is a button that says Marketplace that offers deals on things your company may already purchase for a cheaper price to save some money. They are exclusive deals to you as a member of Avetta. Let us know if you have any questions! We are grateful to have you as a member of Avetta!

Replied August 2021

Bryan

Extortion

The expense of Avetta seems like suppliers are simply being extorted. There is no rationalization for charge the same fee for the same evaluation of the same documentation several times, again and again.

Pros

I like literally nothing about this platform.

Cons

The customer support services are poor, and often I have to call multiple times to resolve anything.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

I did not choose Avetta. I ensure compliance with ISNetworld, Comply Works, Alcumus, and also Avetta. Avetta is by far the most expensive platform, and I have to constantly advise my company not to service certain customers.

Response from Avetta

Hi Bryan, I am sorry you have not had the experience you were hoping for. I would be happy to review your account with you to see what we can do for you. If you would like to email me at zbaker@avetta.com, I would be happy to assist.

Replied August 2021

Megan

July 2022

Worst compliance company ever.

The only reason we use Avetta is because some of our clients that used PICS and BROWZ were consumed when Avetta bought them. When you have to call them, which is unfortunately often, there's an option to deactivate the account, which is a mean temptation. I actively try to convince clients to use other systems. Our small service contractor company should not be so much for an actively detrimental system. The insurance sections gives me literal nightmares.

Pros

I liked PICS and Browz more, they were ancient for software but at least work got done and in a somewhat reasonable timeframe. Avetta is a sham, lots of bright colors to distract from the waste of time and money.

Cons

They let client companies connect with your account even though you will never ever work for that company, and then you get charged $2400 for them connecting and you can't get them removed. I've called and written a couple hundred times about the same companies, and they will not remove them. They tell you 5-7 business days to fix it, it's been 2 yrs now.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

No one should ever willingly chose Avetta, huge corporations that own multiple facilities all over the world have accepted it because Avetta bought the systems they were using before it was Avetta and didn't want to waste time changing. Which is unfortunate for the little contractors that have to work at these places to survive.

Trey

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Avetta Review

Easier to use than that of it's competitors like ISNetworld. Customer service is knowledgeable and works to actively help solve any problems that may occur. Other systems tend pass you along or not be able to understand that not all organizations fit into the same cookie cutter categories. I

Pros

Easy to use, questions prompt you to complete actions or requirements with in the system.

Cons

N/A... I cannot think of any Cons or anything that I like least about this software.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

Our business partners or clients require our organization to use these products as a contractual condition.

Response from Avetta

Hi Trey, I am glad to hear it has been easy and pleasant to use. This is our goal to make it as effortless and easy as possible. I wanted to mention something that many do not know they can be utilizing called Marketplace which is found in the top right of your account. In this you can receive discounts for free on different services like insurance, safety related services, Safety products & much more. Let us know if you have questions about this and we would be happy to walk you through it!

Replied March 2021

Tim

Extortion

This is a terrible business platform that extorts vendors. Vendors do not have a choice but to comply with Avetta to be awarded work. The price is extremely expensive with no return. Their compliance team lacks common sense and denies documents for one missing word when it is clear what the document represents. They deny a document without any help as to what they are looking for, only generalized statements about the document which does nothing to help you figure out what to do next. Once you have corrected a document (or at least think you have), then you have to wait up to 3 business days for another review where they will then deny your submission for something totally different. This is a poorly run business with absolutely no regard for their clients because they have full power over the work you are trying to receive. This is the very definition of extortion and I wish vendors would get together and file a class action lawsuit against them.

Pros

Cons

No communication. No one answers the phone when you call. Response time is severely lacking. Willingness to work with the client is non-existent

Response from Avetta

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear you have had a hard time with the system. I would be happy to give you a call and assist with your questions and a the issues you have brought up. Feel free to contact me at zbaker@avetta.com and I would be happy to speak with you.

Replied December 2020

Rachelle

Industry: Environmental Services

May 2022

Shady Business Practices

Weve used Avetta since they were under PICS Auditing for a pre qualification for one specific customer for quite some time. Their annual fees are horrific however, it's fine if you're just paying for one. This year on 2/10 I was charged $2400 because apparently a company we do not work with, added us to their vendor list. When we received the credit card bill the following month, I checked with other departments and made sure this was not a valid charge. I contacted Avetta on 3/31 for the first time, and this request was transferred to another department. I was told to give them 1-2 weeks, so I called on 4/8 to follow up on this request. It was escalated and I was told to wait again. A couple more follow up calls and nobody ever got back to me. I got an email today from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Avetta telling me that because I didn't contact them in their 30 day window, we were out of luck. However, Avetta doesn't even hold themselves to the 30 day standard they hold their customers to. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] refuses to respond to emails even if you respond immediately. I find out they denied the refund because of their 30 day window despite the fact they are charging cards unauthorized. This company is wrong and has shady business practices

Pros

There isn't anything great about this software to review.

Cons

Their clients can just add connections to your account without your authorization. In our case a competitor added us to their account, and we were charged to complete a prequalification with them without our authorization or knowledge. $1200 for each connection also.

Reasons for switching to Avetta

Forced to

Travis

August 2022

The absolute worst and most frustrating company to deal with. Avoid at all costs.

From the start, Avetta was aggressive and misrepresented themselves. After signing up, extra connections were added causing us to receive and extra invoice of $4000. After weeks of fighting, this was finally resolved only to happen again a few weeks later. Customer service is slow and terribly unhelpful and non-responsive. They also kept rejecting our compliance documents that contained all the information but not in the order they wanted to see. I would rather lose customers that use Avetta rather than deal with Avetta.

Pros

I do not have one single thing to like.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. The sales team is extremely aggressive and the compliance is impossible. This saved us absolutely no time and actually was the opposite. You do not have control over who adds themselves to your account resulting in random invoices for more and more money.

Sherri

Industry: Oil & Energy

Pricing very high, billing confusing, no supplier account control options!

Would absolutely avoid Avetta if we weren't forced to use it. TIP: TURN OFF THE AUTO-PAY so they can't just get auto-paid for connections you will never see business from. AVETTA- I've been told your client side of this platform has all kinds of controls including an APPROVE/REJECT CONNECTION feature. Why wouldn't you put the same in place for suppliers?

Pros

Not much - easy upload for documents I guess.

Cons

First let me say we're on other compliance platforms and yes it gets expensive but we are are billed by company size and are clear on what we are paying for. But Avetta's supplier invoices are SO vague, pricing so random and expensive, and billing is confusing at best. As a supplier under Avetta, we get billed when any company adds us, even if they are not clients of ours and we will never ever see any work from them - but Avetta gives us NO OPTION TO REJECT /APPROVE a client request to connect, they just bill us some random fee. Avetta customer service can't explain why our billing is so varied. EG: received 2 separate invoices in March 2021: on the 11th, 1 client added cost $587.52, then on the 15th another added, cost $291.24 (and these are our costs only until November, not even a full year). The time we waste every year trying to get fair and honest billing from Avetta is beyond frustrating, but we refuse to be continually ripped off due to this company's poor supplier platform design.

Reasons for choosing Avetta

Client chose Avetta, so we had to join.

Jeremy

Industry: Machinery

November 2022

Organized Crime in software form

The only business problem is being required to use Avetta.

Pros

Nothing is good about this program. We are required to subscribe to the tune of $7500/yr just to do business with some of our long time customers. The only pro is they are less expensive than ISNetworld which we are also required to subscribe.

Cons

Horribly expensive and the auditors do not care.

We had no choice

Bryan

June 2022

Worst product Company ever

With a zero rating obviously don't use this

Pros

Nothing, they took my money and ran, difficult to get refunded

Cons

Everything, I found Avetta difficult to work with. Very difficult

sue