Browse Avetta Reviews

Stephanie from MUTI-Sabre Industries

I am a superuser of the product as both a contractor and a client

The team is always willing to listen if there are ways that the product can be improved. They have always been fair and honest in answering questions/concerns and suggestions. I have always felt that they were an extension of my EHS team and support staff even though we are two different companies.

Pros

As a client using the software for my contractor management system: It is a one stop shop for all of our company safety documentation, contracts, certificates of insurance etc. Any documents I need to roll out are simple to add as a new requirement one time versus contacting each contractor individually. As a contractor uploading my data for all my clients: It is very user friendly and easily manageable to connect to new clients and complete required information to be approved. It sends me notifications for expiring items ahead of time so I do not become non-compliant. Annually it gives me 90 days to complete updates from my clients to keep compilant.

Cons

The cost is always a tough subject for contractors and clients. In the end if my clients use this product and I want to do business with them I will make a business decision whether it is in my companies best interest to pay the fee to work for the client or not. The same goes for my contractors as we use this to manage our contractor base, if they want to be an approved contractor this is the product we utilize and they will make that business decision that is best for them as well.

User experience.

Naomi from Crescent Point Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

I am the superuser of the application, contact for both internal/external clients.

Overall, we had an unpleasant implementation and dealing with the after affects. We have a good team of people that we work with now that have made the process better. I work with the team daily to make sure our suppliers are getting compliant. I also work wit h the team to make Avetta better for everyone.

Pros

We gather all information in one place, provide many reports for all of our departments, Senior Executive Management and our Board of Directors. We also provide our safety department the information they are looking for on our suppliers. The notification process that gives our suppliers sufficient time to upload documents that are about to expire, insurance, WCB, safety manuals, COR, etc.

Cons

Cost has been a struggle and will be an ongoing one. The cost to our suppliers is very high as this is a requirement to work with our company, the cost is significantly higher than other platforms.

Response from Avetta

Replied March 2021

Hi Naomi, Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that it has been beneficial in the monitoring of your supplier network. There are several items on the Avetta account one being Marketplace that can help to compensate for the cost. Marketplace the suppliers and clients have access to deals such as discount on Insurance, safety services, safety related services and much more such as travel discounts. All of this is included in the membership. Feel free to let us know should you have any questions about this and we would be happy to assist!

Iain from South Fork Energy Services

Horrifically Expensive For Little Return

Poor customer service, rude and arrogant. You have to do what they say and there is no negotiating with them. I really hate having to call them.

Pros

Not bad platform, fairly easy to use. User interface is well designed.

Cons

Very expensive, prohibitively expensive for small to mid size contractors

Reasons for Choosing Avetta

I didn't personally, my client switched over so I had to follow suit.

Reasons for Switching to Avetta

My client moved to Avetta

Response from Avetta

Replied December 2020

Hi Iain, I am glad to hear the platform is easy to use for you and sorry to hear the other negative experiences you have had. I would be happy to touch base with you and go over ways of making the system easier and different options to save money on the system as well. Feel free to reach me at zbaker@avetta.com

Kristine from Composite and Metal Products USA, Inc

Industry: Plastics

Necessary for our business

The platform is simple to use and customer service is great.

Pros

This is necessary for a few of our customers that require their vendors get vetted through Avetta.

Cons

Price is the only caveat. Paying per customer gets steep.

Response from Avetta

Replied August 2021

Hi Kristine, I am glad that you have had a great experience! If you look at the top right of your avetta account there is a button that says Marketplace that offers deals on things your company may already purchase for a cheaper price to save some money. They are exclusive deals to you as a member of Avetta. Let us know if you have any questions! We are grateful to have you as a member of Avetta!

Bryan from Air Unlimited

Extortion

The expense of Avetta seems like suppliers are simply being extorted. There is no rationalization for charge the same fee for the same evaluation of the same documentation several times, again and again.

Pros

I like literally nothing about this platform.

Cons

The customer support services are poor, and often I have to call multiple times to resolve anything.

Reasons for Choosing Avetta

I did not choose Avetta. I ensure compliance with ISNetworld, Comply Works, Alcumus, and also Avetta. Avetta is by far the most expensive platform, and I have to constantly advise my company not to service certain customers.

Response from Avetta

Replied August 2021

Hi Bryan, I am sorry you have not had the experience you were hoping for. I would be happy to review your account with you to see what we can do for you. If you would like to email me at zbaker@avetta.com, I would be happy to assist.

John from cal-chek canada inc

Industry: Building Materials

Always a problem, they like the word DECLINE. Best advice- don't sign up with them.

Very poor. Chat line has been not much help over the years, it is rare to have a person actually help, usually they toe the company line and DENY DENY. It is best to contact the client company for a solution and if permissible they can override the objection.

Pros

Has many questions that can be tedious to answer.

Cons

If you don't state the correct words it will be denied. Some questions are not relevant and not answerable BUT you still have to provide an answer or procedure. Common sense is non existent. They like dunning you if you don't answer within a few days.

Reasons for Switching to Avetta

Had no choice as Browz merged with Avetta, bad move!

Response from Avetta

Replied August 2021

Hi John, I am sorry to hear you have not had the best experience with Avetta. All questionnaires that dont apply usually have a NA button. I would be happy to speak with you to address any questions you may have. If you email me at zbaker@aveta.com I would be happy to assist.

Joanne from Clifford Power Systems, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

A Lot of Work

I'm not happy but I do what my customer wants. Even though I still get the business compliant or not. I still don't see the purpose. Seems to me evryone is paying big bucks for all these companies that grade you compliant or non-compliant.

Pros

The features seem easy to use. Not that there isn't any confusuion just not as much as some

Cons

I am used to paying based on the number of employees. This program is based on number of companies and how many sites and insurance. Frankly its too expensive even when they don't find you compliant you still have to pay when you are non-compliant.

Reasons for Choosing Avetta

I'm the contractor I had no choice

Response from Avetta

Replied March 2021

Hi Joanne, Thank you for your review, I am glad that you find it easy to use. As far as a pricing standpoint there are several items on the Avetta account one being Marketplace that can help to compensate for the cost. Marketplace the suppliers and clients have access to deals such as discount on Insurance, safety services, safety related services and much more such as travel discounts. All of this is included in the membership. On insurance alone suppliers have been able to save thousands of dollars; offsetting the price of the Avetta membership. Feel free to let us know should you have any questions about this and we would be happy to assist!

Tim from TWC

Extortion

This is a terrible business platform that extorts vendors. Vendors do not have a choice but to comply with Avetta to be awarded work. The price is extremely expensive with no return. Their compliance team lacks common sense and denies documents for one missing word when it is clear what the document represents. They deny a document without any help as to what they are looking for, only generalized statements about the document which does nothing to help you figure out what to do next. Once you have corrected a document (or at least think you have), then you have to wait up to 3 business days for another review where they will then deny your submission for something totally different. This is a poorly run business with absolutely no regard for their clients because they have full power over the work you are trying to receive. This is the very definition of extortion and I wish vendors would get together and file a class action lawsuit against them.

Pros

The platform is fairly simple to use. That is literally the only good thing to say

Cons

No communication. No one answers the phone when you call. Response time is severely lacking. Willingness to work with the client is non-existent

Response from Avetta

Replied December 2020

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear you have had a hard time with the system. I would be happy to give you a call and assist with your questions and a the issues you have brought up. Feel free to contact me at zbaker@avetta.com and I would be happy to speak with you.

Suzanne from Insight Canada Inc.

Please do not use this company.

The customer service for vendor's is subpar. Please use either ISNetWorld or ComplyWorks as they are fair to both the Customer and the Vendor.

Pros

I would not use Avetta, ISNetWorld and ComplyWorks are far better companies to use.

Cons

As a vendor forced to use this company, I strongly disagree with the method Avetta uses to manage our account. We are forced to allow anyone onto our account and forced to pay Avetta for the user no matter if we are working for this company or even want to.

Reasons for Choosing Avetta

I would not choose to do business with Avetta. So far Avetta has costs us over $900.00 for customers that we do not work for and even though we notified Avetta prior to being billed we were forced to pay for the entire year.

adrian from adrian borton services ltd

Industry: Machinery

do nothing bit pass on costs to the contractor

so far ive only signed up because an end client wants to use them. but now i will consider if i even want to business with the end client. this is a service for businesses who cant manage business themselves. who want to pay a middle man to pass on costs to the contractor. total scam and totally unecessary. maybe it works for large contracting firms but for anything like an sme its no good at all

Pros

nothing at all, literally nothing, its clunky, poorly designed and offers nothing for the £847 i had to pay to join and have so far seen no benifit at all.

Cons

the 10 day delay in response time. the lack of clear negotitating. the lack of ability to discuss with clients. the CHARGE they issue for every business connection you want to make. if business operated like business they wouldnt use this abhorently expensive middle man. what a toal scam and waste of money

Trey from UP Professional Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Avetta Review

Easier to use than that of it's competitors like ISNetworld. Customer service is knowledgeable and works to actively help solve any problems that may occur. Other systems tend pass you along or not be able to understand that not all organizations fit into the same cookie cutter categories. I

Pros

Easy to use, questions prompt you to complete actions or requirements with in the system.

Cons

N/A... I cannot think of any Cons or anything that I like least about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Avetta

Our business partners or clients require our organization to use these products as a contractual condition.

Response from Avetta

Replied March 2021

Hi Trey, I am glad to hear it has been easy and pleasant to use. This is our goal to make it as effortless and easy as possible. I wanted to mention something that many do not know they can be utilizing called Marketplace which is found in the top right of your account. In this you can receive discounts for free on different services like insurance, safety related services, Safety products & much more. Let us know if you have questions about this and we would be happy to walk you through it!

Carmen from Hatzel & Buehler, Inc.

Review of Avetta

I have to use since it is a requirement of our subconractors

Pros

Some forms are universal and apply to all contractors

Cons

its difficult to get assistance;some questions are not applicable but you are forced to select an answer; we may have worked once for a contractor and are still required to complete the prequalification

Response from Avetta

Replied March 2021

Hi Carmen, There are several things you can do in these cases. Most forms are universal to eliminate need for completing forms that ask the same questions in different ways from different clients. If something does not apply feel free to let us know and we would be happy to walk you through the questions that you feel do not apply and guide you accordingly. As for your subcontractor, you can have the account changed over to the name of your subcontractor if you are no longer in need of it. Let us know and we would be happy to explain this process and to get it started for you!

Ed from Armor Tower

Total Scam

Horrible. THE WORST COMPANY OUT THERE. Wish they never existed.

Pros

Worst company out there. if it was not for our clients who forced us to use Avetta, we never would use them.

Cons

Would not upload simple PDF files. Total waste of our time and money.

Response from Avetta

Replied March 2021

Hi Ed, I am sorry to hear that you have had this type of experience. I would love to be able to assist you with all of your needs on the Avetta account. It should allow PDF files and I would be happy to help get those uploaded. I will reach out to you shortly to assist with your Avetta account.

Michelle from GWB Survey

Arrogant and very unhelpful call center staff

My overall experience with Avetta has been painful to say the least. From sending emails to an employee that has not worked for us for 8 years numerous times, even after being notified that this person is not employed by us 5 times. Consistently (daily) telling us our yearly fee is overdue and we are at risk of non compliance. This was paid on the 15 March 2021. No amount of emails or phone calls can rectify this simple (one would think) situation. When looking for support all emails and communication comes from the states and I am advised of American phone numbers to call (I am in Australia). I get no response from any emails I send.

Pros

Once everything is uploaded it is easy to see if there is anything that needs to be actioned

Cons

There is basically no support for users.

Erika from National Business Supply, Inc

Do not buy this software if you can help it

Horrible experience. I wish we were not required to use it.

Pros

Not one thing. It is very hard to become compliant. They send numerous emails harassing you if you don't submit a requirement by a certain time period.

Cons

They have owed us a credit of almost $2000 for almost half a year and we have not received it after numerous contacts. They do not answer their support line at all. The platform is horrible and not easy to use. We only registered because our customer requires us to.

Response from Avetta

Replied December 2020

Hi Erika, I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. I would be happy to help look into the credit on your account and how to navigate the platform. I can also show you how to edit how many email notifications are coming in. Feel free to reach out to me at zbaker@avetta.com

Amanda from Comfort Mechanical Contractors, Inc.

What a Pain

Avetta seems like a racket to me. If no one can answer questions, that says to me they are hiding something. I suspect it is over pricing for a service that is of little benefit.

Pros

The system is easy to use, but it gives you no recourse for questions.

Cons

Cannot get anyone on chat, by email, or by phone to answer questions. I have been trying for over a week.

Response from Avetta

Replied December 2020

Hi Amanda, I apologize to hear that you have had this experience. I would be happy to assist you with any question you have. We also have recently updated the system so it is easier to answer question, get a chat or call going with a subject matter expert. Feel free to reach out to me and I would be happy to assist. zbaker@avetta.com.

Andy from CertainTeed

PICS review

The service PICS provides is value added but there are some features of their software that could be more easily accessible.

Response from Avetta

Replied December 2020

Hi Andy, Glad to hear that it has been a value add for you and your company. I would love to discuss further what items would be nice to be added on. We have done many updates to make the system more accessible and easier to manage, I would be happy to walk you through this and see if this helps out. Feel free to reach me at zbaker@avetta.com.