ecoPortal Software Reviews

ecoPortal Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The system was fairly easy to manage with great support for the team and easy to understand."
  • icon"The system is also very easy to use even for non tech savvy people."
  • icon"Reporting, and the ability to create dashboards for each register. This is very helpful with a large organisation with lots of people and locations."
  • icon"The only thing from my point of view that I had difficulty with was knowing what I wanted to enter in and couldn't find the right category or title for the data to be entered under."
  • icon"Because of the global nature of the business, language functionality is limited at this time and a key need for the business."
  • icon"Text fields are limited and style, font and highlighting or coloring text is not an option."

Browse all ecoPortal Reviews

• Have you used ecoPortal and would like to share your experience with others?

Aston

Simple intuitive SaaS that enables us to stay on top of issues from anywhere

We've been able to remove significant administrative workload by moving to this system from paper based systems. The team have been easy to work with and receptive to our feedback. Great to be able to work alongside them to resolve any issues that emerge and they are very timely with their work on any fixes or feedback where we've misunderstood something.

Pros

I like the fact that the interface is easy to navigate and made deployment across our sites easy. The system enables us to monitor and manage safety related incidents from anywhere and at any time. We can see both the detail and the big picture.

Cons

We're still coming to grips with some of the ways in which we can simplify the reporting to match our prior charts but that's a part of the learning journey for us.

Reasons for choosing ecoPortal

Intuitive system, flexibility to meet our requirements, affordability, avoids overly complex solutions to simple problems.

Glen

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

ecoPortal

ecoPortal has helped our business take the next step in H&S management. Ability to easily track safety events, contractors, trends/severities and the ability to report on these has been great. My account manager is great but with some things, the time taken to implement and fix issues can take a while.

Pros

The fact that the system is customisable to our own business needs and is flexible enough to make changes and improvements when we need. The system is also very easy to use even for non tech savvy people.

Cons

The system is not very printer friendly. We are moving towards a paperless environment however a number of staff including board members like to have a paper document and this has been a challenge to keep the reports looking good when printed. Text fields are limited and style, font and highlighting or coloring text is not an option.

Reasons for choosing ecoPortal

The ability to have it customised to what I wanted and needed for our business.

Andrea

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

October 2022

Reporting could be improved

Overall the experience is good and a vast improvement over what we had.

Pros

I like the way the software flows and I like the cellphone application which I find to be easy to use. I like that the reporting tool breaks questions down into easy sections and the visual representation of risk/ scoring. I like that we have dashboards for each different module

Cons

Cellphone app was having issues uploading photos when added to an audit report/ event. Would stall and refuse to complete the upload. Reporting is hard to use - would be good to be able to create a report then delete unwanted/empty fields from the report draft i.e. if the template has lots of content but I only need a basic report it would be nice to be able to trim it down easily. Some of the dashboard fields can be misleading - e.g. events in last month is not the last 30 days but the events that have occurred since the start of the month so if it's inconsistent

Reasons for choosing ecoPortal

I wasn't part of this process

Reasons for switching to ecoPortal

Our needs weren't being met.

Jason

Industry: Chemicals

Fluid

Very positive and would recommend to others searching for an effective tool that allowed them to monitor their workplace health and safety.

Pros

The system was fairly easy to manage with great support for the team and easy to understand. I have used a lot of different software packages over the last 20 years and this one was easy to use and show others how to use in day to day management of health and safety. It was daily intuitive to use compared to there which I have had to reverse engineer in order to understand.

Cons

The system timed out a lot and this can be frustrating for the user if they haven't saved their screen. Some fo the files folders on the drop-down need development in terms of what the user needs and easier analytics or standard analytics that industry would use would be good. It would be good to have simple QR codes for reporting or inspections that link to the system.

Kerry

Industry: Machinery

September 2022

User friendly beautiful software

The customer support team are always keen to help improve the system for the business, provide support wherever needed and really bring value add to the product. The product itself is nice to look at, and one of ybebest out there for usability

Pros

EcoPortal is so easy to use, you don't need extensive training to get started with it once it's set up. It means our team can easily log incidents and it's not an onerous process. I love how customisable it is to the business needs a d the team are so accommodating to get the best out of the product for your company. The app makes it accessible to our remote teams and again is so user friendly. It makes HSE management simple and uncomplicated, just as it should be.

Courtney

Health and Safety Management System

Exceptional and positive experience overall

Pros

Ease of use and deployment across the organisation

Cons

Bringing the data across from the old system

Application and Cost

Reasons for switching to ecoPortal

The Beacon was not supporting the needs of the organisation and it lacked any real future proofing

Kevin

Industry: Packaging and Containers

More than just a Provider

The real-time reporting and ease of navigation around the system really helped in engaging team members across all of the Business. It also allows us to recognise and react to trends in a positive manner and reflects the results of controls so that everybody sees the positive impact their decisions are having on the safety of individuals and their colleagues

Pros

Having installed and implemented the software into 2 x companies and working on the third, the pros far outweigh the cons insomuch as the process from concept to end user usage was made so easy, by the team at ecoPortal, due to availability, recognition that not everybody is a Tech-savvy-genius, flexibility and product knowledge which resulted in a product that gave us a one stop shop for all things safety and quality related, accurate real-time reporting which is understood at all levels from the Board to the Coal face.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was leaving it behind when I changed companies

Reasons for choosing ecoPortal

ecoPortal is a totally intuitive system that builds extremely accurate reporting with minimal input. The team ensure that it feels like a partnership rather than a provider / vendor relationship and are flexible in their approach which results in a unique, tailor-made, easily navigable platform that provides software that will stand up to the rigours of not so tech savvy users and to auditing against international quality, environmental and safety standards.

Brendan

Industry: Chemicals

Stolthaven Australia ecoPortal experience

We have had some frustration initially with ecoPortal helping us to modify our original software design but we have found that it is essential to link up with a dedicated ecoPortal focal point who can help determine your expectations and requirements and then locate the right people in the business to deliver them. This will ensure you maximise the value of your subscription, utilise the support hours you are paying for more efficiently and, ultimately, deliver a better product for your staff and management.

Pros

The program is very easy to use in its most basic format, even for a beginner. We have found that the most important aspect of getting ecoPortal to work for your Company is to be very clear of what you want the software to deliver for your business - in features, functionality and KPI / report outputs. Once this is determined - the ecoPortal Team will be better placed to help you customise the software at the design stage rather than retrospectively.

Cons

As an administrator I have struggled initially with generating useful downloaded reports and creating my own KPI graphics - the main focus for Stolthaven in 2022 will be to work more closely with our ecoPortal focal points to better understand the capabilities and limitations of the software in this respect and then to use this knowledge to design the most effective reporting it is capable of.

Reasons for switching to ecoPortal

Standardisation of SHEQ management software across the business

Nicole

EcoPortal review

Great! Provides great visibility! Easy to use, especially when a new person comes on board

Pros

Cons

Being able to customize the graphs, e.g. colour all fields in 1 click, re-order fields in a bar chart.

Amy

Industry: Wine and Spirits

A great tool to provide structure and unity to your system

Its been a great experience working with ecoPortal. Their customer support team have always been very approachable and enthusiastic to help and work through any challenges you are having. This is by far the most intuitive H&S system that I have used.

Pros

The software is easy to use, customizable, and has a user-friendly interface. I love that it provided a functional and streamlined platform for H&S process and removed the dozens of paper folders that are typically reflective of an H&S system. Now when someone asks me where to find information, I can just say 'it's in ecoPortal' and they can find it from their login wherever they are.

Cons

We were never able to get any type of training matrix functionality up and running for the business which is a big gap for us. Therefore we weren't able to fully integrate our whole system across to the platform.

Coral

Industry: Textiles

Ecoportal and its challenges

EcoPortal has made me less of a tutu (play around) on a daily basis, to find my way around this software without being able to communicate at that point of time, you had no other option but to become a tutu. Now I feel like I have mastered a lot of entries with EcoPortal and will continue to upskill where ever and how ever I can :)

Pros

Working with EcoPortal over the past 2-3years has been challenging at times. But if you familiarize yourself with this software, i.e. daily data entry, overtime these challenges become less and less frustrating and eventually finding your way around EcoPortal becomes easy just by the click of a button :)

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Villa Maria Review

Great i have been involved in a number of implementation's of safety systems in my career and yours is by far the easiest and most well received from the business.

Pros

Customizable, Friendly helpful integration team nothing was to much trouble and never shut down any idea we may have had but always gave us the right advice, love that the customer service team is based in NZ and are super helpful and loved that we had our on client manager who i cold chew the fat with on the weekly ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a superstar) it is an easy user friendly system that doesn't try to over complicate things

Cons

Mobile app is really the only big issue we have had would be good to really focus on this and get it mirroring the desktop version.

Reasons for choosing ecoPortal

Great feedback from other companies, NZ based customer service team, customizable

Reasons for switching to ecoPortal

Not user friendly, clunky, hard to extract any data, no manager accountability for investigations

Jason

Industry: Farming

Portal Perfection

Due to the large size of our corporate structure and staff all over New Zealand, we need a tool to help us see a snapshot of how the business is doing health-wise. The ecoPortal platform has been a tool for the ages as it brings in real-time an up to date view of how we are tracking, where we see early indicators, and the ability to trend, interpret and develop strategies around the accurate data we are seeing for the benifit of all our staff & businees as a whole.

Pros

All of the ecoPortal software is critical to our business in its structure and totally with the end-user interface in mind. But what impressed me the most is the ability to have the data or platform altered even slightly to be more user friendly, accurate, and interpretable.

Cons

As with LIC NZ, our mission statement is "There is always room for improvement" & eco-portal has never failed to surprise us with accurate information, best practice in software development, design, and institution! So as far as we are concerned -There are NO CONS!

Jessica

Industry: Machinery

Essential user friendly software

Very positive experience working with ecoPortal.

Pros

ecoPortal is very user friendly, has a great layout and manages all health and safety activities in a simple to follow process.

Cons

I had not completed the development of the reporting register which I would have found extremely helpful.

June

December 2021

More flexibility will be great.

Pros

Interface is clear and user friendly. Support is always in time and positive.

Cons

If can give customer more permission like minor change the form, field name etc. would be great. and if the page response time could be improved,that'll be good.

Industry: Food Production

User friendly software

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the mobile phone compatibility. I don't need to wait until I get to a desktop computer to enter data anymore. I can now complete reports and enter events from wherever I am by simply logging in to Ecoportal from my phone.

Cons

Like any new software, it takes a little time to become familiar with functionality. There were some user-specific enhancements that needed to be implemented initially to improve the reporting data.

Violet

Industry: Government Relations

No paper work needed

Incident Reports very easy to fill in, my work duties puts me in some situations that are unavoidable, we are filling in near miss or incident reports and this way is easy to print off if need or email to managers. good job ecoPortal!!

Pros

We are able to connect with Eco outside of the office using our phones, most of the time we are in the feild and it makes it so much easier then filling in paper work. It's easy to understand and your only filling in the facts. All your paper work has been sent to the administrator and your file so no need to refile anywhere else.

Cons

Nothing all works well for me. I have not found any fault in using this at this point of time.

Grant

Industry: Civil Engineering

An easy way to manage Health & Safety

ecoPortal provided a comprehensive and cost effective solution for our H&S needs. They worked closely with us on implementation to provide an intuitive and simple to use platform for all our people here at Holmes.

Pros

- Highly configurable to compliment our processes - Easy for all employees to create a H&S event - Many different registers provide functionality to manage all aspects of H&S

Cons

- Require ecoPortal to make custom changes to registers