What are KPA EHS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using KPA EHS software through verified user reviews

• icon"A safety approach that is easy to use equals increased participation by all employees and will ultimately lead to the success of the program."
  • icon"Easy to use, costumer support, all the training videos."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to customize each companies site. Everyone on the customer support team is super helpful and always easy to reach."
  • icon"How it organizes somethings is hard to understand when searching."
  • icon"The only issue with the software is that there is no one stop shopping."
  • icon"Right now you have to select one and then go back in to select another. That is really the only negative I could come up with."

Browse all KPA EHS Reviews

• Have you used KPA EHS and would like to share your experience with others?

Desiree

Very satisfied customer

The customer service is excellent. KPA is easy to use and navigate through. The platform offers multiple tools such as the training module, equipment, and QR codes that help us utilize one enterprise-wide solution. The offline functionality is critical for our field operators to submit incidents and inspections in areas that have limited to no service. KPA is very easy for administrators to build and make updates to the system.

Pros

The user interface, ease of use for administrators! Most importantly, the exceptional customer service!!!

Cons

Not HIPPA compliant. Would like more functionality with building reports and adding more capabilities with building rules within the forms.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

The customer service, ease of use, cost, and the ability to utilize multiple tools within the platform. Along, with the great feedback from peer companies.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

Intelex was not user-friendly, very expensive and the customer service was terrible.

Shannon

User friendly

Utilization of this program has eliminated hundreds of hours of administrative tracking and filing.

Pros

The ease of use for employees of all levels and backgrounds, as well as compatibility between iOS and Android platforms.

Cons

The form building process can be a bit tedious. The forms do not auto save as you go.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

Cost, functionality, compatibility with iOS/Android, ease of use fore employees not considered technically savvy. Computer based training is simple for employees to do. Tracking of training is simple.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

iScout is easier to use, has more functionality and can be set up with instant notifications to key personnel within the organization based on key fields within the forms. Computer based training allows supervisors to manage training more efficiently. Entering group training is extremely simple. The need for manual tracking on a spreadsheet is eliminated.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Shannon. We value your feedback.

Amber

A few improvement ideas

Pros

The fact that the system can be accessed almost anywhere and on any device.

Cons

Not being able to edit the dashboard for custom alerts or notifications. I would like to see it to where if we have an announcement or broadcast, we can upload flyers and/or announcements for our company. As well, I would like the "one-off" trainings to be editable if a division was added or person was added by accident, you cannot edit the one off sent. You either have to cancel and start over or make an exception on said group or person. Training reports need to show issued date as well as date completed for reporting. Would also like to see a "select all or deselect all" button when any drop down box is shown for easier selecting when there is a long list.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

Our parent company was using iScout

Wesley

Simple, yet powerful

Our overall experience has been great. The onboarding process was extremely easy with the resources provided. Customer support has been above and beyond, and there are new features added on a regular basis that continue to add value to the platform.

Pros

The best part of this software is how easy it is to use for both the end user, and the developer. New forms can be made quickly and deployed within minutes. The interface is straightforward and is easy to use for all of our employees. The controls are intuitive and it has helped our company streamline our processes and data collection.

Cons

One of the things I liked the least were some of the barriers between sections within the platform. For example, we were unable to link forms to training records, however that has been recently changed! Otherwise, there are no real complaints about the system.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

The quality of the resources and the price were the largest drivers. We really liked the clear, inclusive pricing.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback Wes.

Chase

Excellent Safety Management Software

iScout has been a game changer in our safety culture. It has improved our incident reporting and the ability to make training material more readily available.

Pros

the functionality from admin to user roles. The automatic updates to the safety training topics for 20/20 lessons are a tremendous help in rolling out training subjects in a timely manner

Cons

Believe that there are stronger training topics that could be rolled out in a quicker time frame

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

The ease of functionality from admin to user roles

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

The training and incident management was not user friendly and to move the mark in a safety culture, everything must be easy and user friendly. If not, the user will not adapt to an improved safety culture.

Response from iScout

Thanks Chase. We value your feedback about iScout and our training content.

Scott

Versatility

We are extremely satisfied with the value that iScout has brought to our business. We are constantly finding new ways to streamline our processes by using this product.

Pros

The versatility of iScout to blend into every discipline of the organization. Making many processes paperless and real-time!

Cons

Having to create additional lists to drill down in creating forms/processes.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

The ability to customize the system to fit our processes without having to modify an existing program.

Response from iScout

Thanks Scott. We appreciate the review.

Craig

Rudy Construction

Our company really enjoys iScout. It’s easy to use, and is a great asset to us

Pros

How easy it is to use, and customize. The app for phone is very easy to use. 20/20 training is a very nice asset as well.

Cons

It would be nice if you could download charts from the data that is entered.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

I like the function of iScout better than others, and the customer service was second to none.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Craig.

Will

March 2022

Perfect for us and so flexible

It is our Safety Management System. It's real time and simple, simple, simple. It really helps our office employees see what the field crews do and helps other locations see what they deal with as well.

Pros

I was attracted to the ease of developing reports, training, etc. and it has done more than expected. The simplicity for our employees is what makes it work.

Cons

There's not much if anything I don't like. Maybe the layout of a form when using the "Select" option. For example, when selections are made and the report is submitted, the "select" sections go to a sentence form with commas. I'd rather see the selections stacked, like in a column form. Last thing, the names [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and iScout were much catchier and likened to. Our company still calls it iScout.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

I can't remember their name but at the time, they had customers like Coca Cola and some professional sports teams. Their product looked very similar but way to expensive for a company like ours. And the way [SENSITIVE CONTENT]sold (at the time) [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and demonstrated it in person was all I needed.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

Complicated for one, price for the other.

KPA EHS Works Fantastic

I have used KPA with three different companies now and have had great success with the features.

Pros

The price is right for the product. The ease of use for all employees, even English as a second language employees, is fantastic.

Cons

I have no problems with KPA. The forms and training are customizable and the system is very user friendly. No cons

Quality and price.

Better quality product.

Janise

Fluid SIMOPS

Pros

User friendly interface that enables users to accomplish multiple tasks in the same space. From learning, to audits, vacation requests and onboarding, we literally use KPA EHS for everything!

Cons

The Spanish translator is more proper than slang... not ideal for my workforce.

Joyce

Changing Safety Culture Using Technology

When I review our lagging indicators, the impact of focusing on the leading indicators is evident in the 75% reduction in our total recordable incident rate. On average, I review 850 reports each month, including JSA’s, observations and inspections as soon as they are completed and submitted in the field. Information sharing is improved, and risks are reduced for employees in the field through the speed of knowledge transfer. Our customers prefer the reports through iScout for the clean format and the quick turnaround when requested. iScout gives us the ability to provide unlimited access to numerous resources that are available to our employees, including access to our updated standard operating guidelines. An employee will choose to use a tool that is user-friendly with proven results of increased safety. I have recommended this software numerous times without reservation. Our company also won the prestigious North Dakota Petroleum Council award based on the use of technology in safety.

Pros

The iScout safety software provides a platform to manage a fully integrated safety system for our employees. The system provides the ability to manage reporting and training, along with equipment management. The oil and gas industry has begun to focus on using leading indicators when working towards safety excellence. A safety approach that is easy to use equals increased participation by all employees and will ultimately lead to the success of the program.

Cons

Challenges with the implementation of the program were training on iScout due to our remote work sites, technology challenges such as internet connectivity, and changing the mindset of the older oil and gas worker to adapt to real time technology. All of our workers prefer the technology over previously used paper forms once they understood how easy the system is to operate. There have been no issues with the software, simply challenges with implementation to the field worker.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

I was familiar with iScout through my previous employer and knew it was what we needed at Fortis Energy Services. I've known [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for many years, and he is a well respected safety professional that has contributed greatly to the oil and gas industry. Low cost per employee, with the ability to customize our own training and reports, made it the only option I considered using. When I submitted the proposal to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he said, "This is exactly what I've been asking for!"

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Joyce!

Lauren

Industry: Oil & Energy

Awesome tool that is flexible and intuitive! Highly recommend!!

Overall, our experience with iScout has been excellent! I cannot say enough about their customer service and the flexibility of their software!

Pros

There are so many features that I love! A few of the top features are: - Acknowledgement feature. You can send out an acknowledgement that includes attachments and a short message to all your employees in just a few quick seconds! It pushes to their smartphone and also email! Very customizable, you can even request a signature! - 2020 Training Platform. iScout offers so much flexibility when it comes to creating training lessons that we have been able to utilize this tool for all our internal HR training. We can load our own slides, add voiceover files, videos, etc. They even have a built in quiz feature and automated narration. Reporting is a breeze for training too. - Forms. We utilize forms for many different purposes. From the HR perspective, we have built out Onboarding checklists that managers use as a guide to help them onboard new employees. You can customize a form in just about any way to meet your needs! love the flexibility! Additionally, iScout is extremely intuitive from an employee perspective! Nothing is hard to find and you can easily access everything you need! Lastly, the customer service at iScout is amazing! Out of all the software we use, they by far offer the highest level of customer service and go out of there way to meet your needs!

Cons

I do not have anything that I could recommend they change.

Response from iScout

Thanks Lauren! We value your feedback.

John Fontenot - VP HSE - Conquest LLC

IScout has allowed Conquest to seamlessly create, manage, store, revise and retrieve every aspect of our HSE Management System. Of all programs I previously use with previous companies, IScout is the most simplistic and user friendly while presenting the most professional formatted operating system to date.

Pros

The simplicity and user friendliness of the software.

Cons

Unable to customize and tailor cosmetics of reports. Most reports look identical to each other.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

See Answer Above. One of our customers were so impressed, they even made the switch to IScout contacting me on a couple of occasions for assisting in putting together certain aspects of their program.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

The ERP system was builted in-house to tie all aspects of Conquest business together. Problem was the HSE functions were not sufficient. Although Conquest invested heavily in the HSE section of ERP, I was able to convenience the SR. Leadership team that ISCOUT was a more sufficient program. Following numerous audits and customer review meetings promoting HSE assisted by ISCOUT; Conquest was often given very high regards for an impeccable HSE Management System with such a small company. Even numerous our Insurance Adjusters praised our system, stating they never witnessed any better with small companies such as our. This would not be possible without the assistance of IScout.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, John.

Charles

iScout Review

Overall I like iScout. It's so much better than keeping track of items in multiple spreadsheets. The reports that can be generated from it are great because we can see what's trending whether it be positive or negative. The customer service is great and quick to reply when I have a question or concern.

Pros

The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, especially for our field personnel. Filling out forms/reports and submitting them is relatively simple. If no cell service is available at the time a report is submitted from the field it will automatically update and submit the form when service becomes available. I like that I can create my own forms and tailor them to our company's needs.

Cons

I can think of two things that I have always found lacking with iScout via a desktop computer. 1. The inability to click on "previous" and "next" when reviewing reports one after the other. These would make for much easier navigation. When I do go "back" I have to start from the beginning with all the reports listed and scroll to the one I want. It takes me back to the top of the list and the report I need could be on page 4. This can be very time consuming. 2. I think the "search" ability is lacking. I have found on occasion that when I put in key word (e.g. facility or location name) or date I get zero results back. I notice this when I attempt to search for old incident reports that I know have been submitted because I have old emails but they don't show up in my seach results.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Charles.

Brandon

Select Review

Overall I have been pleased with iScout particularly the 2020 lessons that can be created. This has allowed our department to convert virtually all of our traditionally required, instructor led courses into electronic and digital versions that can be completed by employees without having to reschedule trainings, make up missed trainings, etc. All of our safety meetings, onboarding training, and compliance training is accessible electronically and is available 24/7 for our employees.

Pros

In my role, I like the ease of use to develop and create new trainings for our employees. Training is vital for our employees and iScout has given me the ability to convert current trainings into electronic versions of them for employees to complete. Additionally, we are exploring the option of going totally electronic and digital for the onboarding of new hires at Select Energy Services and having the ability to customize training via 2020 is allowing us to make this a reality. I also like the ability it allows me to schedule and assign designated trainings for certain locations, lines of business, etc.

Cons

Currently, I do not have any cons concerning this software. As issues are presented I work close with the development team and we have developed ways to resolve any issues that I had.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

The release of the 2020 lesson builder was paramount for me to continue to utilize and grow the training program and department.

Response from iScout

We appreciate your feedback, Brandon.

Matthew

Excellent Product

The overall experience has been outstanding. Customer support is probably the best i have ever dealt with. A big thanks to the IScout team for what they have created.

Pros

Going from old paper document where it could take anywhere from two days to a week to receive a field report, to having immediate access. We have saved tons of time. And the forms can be customized in just about anyway you can imagine.

Cons

The training feature we have just recently started using on a wide scale due to COVID 19 and it has been an excellent tool. However, It can be cumbersome. It would be nice if the system had a calendar built in similar to the outlook calendar to help build in when certain training's get kicked out and to set reminders to me as to when a training is going to be available. I am talking specifically from a administrator stand point. You can assign training and have them sent out on a certain date no problem, I am talking more specifically about a calendar to open similar to outlook to see monthly and yearly what training is coming up. We are new to using the training portion of this so it may be that we not made it this far yet.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review Matthew, we value your feedback.

Caden

Iscout System

iScout has been fantastic for us and all of our clients. We use this system daily and never really run into any major problems. It is very easy to use and the customer service is perfect if you do run into any issues. it truly can make a difference in the companies safety expectations, and culture that it may be trying to enhance. Wonderful system and would recommend every single time to anyone who may ask about it.

Pros

It is very easy to use. I recommend it to anyone I come in contact with who may ask for a system like what iScout offers. The things you can do with it for your company is fantastic. I have not seen a system that can offer what iScout can offer.

Cons

I have yet to really run into an issue with iscout that is something that negative to remember. If anything, I would like the ability to be able to import multiple photos in the forms we use during our audits. Right now you have to select one and then go back in to select another. That is really the only negative I could come up with.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

It was the system that we found to be the best for our company, and was not a bad choice what so ever.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Caden. We value the feedback.

iScout Review

Pros

The ability to combine the tasks of safety training, record keeping and document storage in a single application is more than valuable. Additionally, the ability for all employees to access via mobile device has greatly improved response time.

Cons

Reports can be hard to build until the format has been learned.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

Access is much easier for field personnel.

Response from iScout

We appreciate your review, James.

Jeanna

Industry: Oil & Energy

iScout - It's a "Win" "Win"

The iScout software has helped with capturing data and reporting in one system. We have been able to eliminate multiple subscriptions and management our data and reporting with a few clicks. The Customer Success Team has definitely made the experience worth while. I'd like to give a big "Thank You" to the Team.

Pros

There are many features that I found impactful with the iScout software as I have implemented several other systems. I'll start with the ease of "Getting Started" that included 11 tasks to setup our account. These tasks were assigned to me with step by step instructions. The iScout app has been instrumental with helping our employees that work in the field, complete required regulatory training. And extremely easy for the employees to navigate through.

Cons

With every software, there are items that one would like to change or add. iScout is continuously making improvements and adding new features.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

Ease of use, ability to go paperless with our policies, easy creation of forms and reports, online training, multiple languages and management of employees and training.

Response from iScout

Thanks Jeanna, we value your feedback.

Richard

Great Compliance Management Tool

Injury and vehicle collision reporting are almost instantaneous with the forms available via a smart phone. Just about everything safety related is housed in one easy to access location that can be updated and distributed company-wide in minutes.

Pros

The system is extremely user-friendly and you can customize everything to suit your needs. Their are plenty of form templates covering a variety of areas to choose from which are very easy to customize or you can build your own. You can track all of your training and certifications in one area and set expiration alerts to the certification holder and management. The best feature is that all of our safety policies, procedures and guidelines as well as a host of other information is accessible to every employee, anywhere via their smart phone.

Cons

Although pulling data for reports is fairly easy, the graphing capabilities are limited and cannot be cut and pasted into custom reports.

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

We wanted to consolidate all our safety data and resources in one area that could be easily accessed and easy to use.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Richard.

Harris

Industry: Oil & Energy

iScout the only way to go

Started working with iScout about a year ago building forms for hazard hunts and onsite hazard mitigation. The system has done everything we have thrown at it.

Pros

easy to use, costumer support, all the training videos

Cons

the inability to customize the dashboard

Cost

Reasons for switching to KPA EHS

It did not meet our needs

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Harris. We are working on a customizable dashboard update.

Good, Dependable Software

Overall, iScout has been a very helpful tool for congregating all of our inspections/forms/reports that are filled out on a day-to-day basis.

Pros

iScout is one of the easiest programs to manage. Whether you're building new forms, or pulling results of forms submitted, it is all very user friendly.

Cons

I wish parts of the software could be a little more sophisticated. The question fields are pretty basic, not for collecting in depth, intricate data. It's really designed to just be an electronic form tool, not a robust data collection software. I also wish there was a little more on the analytical side with the trending, it only allows you pull to trends on each individual field. Building analysis reports really has to be done outside of iScout.

Mike

Easy and Effective

IScout has made it simpler to find documents to conduct internal and external audits. Multiple resources can be pulled from business units anywhere in the country from one desktop.

Pros

The ability for all employees to have access to necessary forms at their fingertips at a reasonable cost makes IScout invaluable to us. The ease of navigation fits even the most untrained persons. After an uncomplicated build and help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team, our employees could find their forms, equipment, policies and procedures quickly and easily.

Cons

The only difficulty is placing items in folders that are easily understood. This is simply a training and practice issue that is easily solved.

Response from iScout

Mike, thank you for leaving a review.

Stacy

Industry: Oil & Energy

We are currently working our COVID-19 screening procedure using the iScout system. It's easy for our supervisor to utilize every shift.

Pros

App-based and easy to use on a daily basis. It's simply to train employees how to utilize the system. Also very easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

I think the price is a little high for the training modules side of it.

Reasons for choosing KPA EHS

Cheaper and easier to us

Response from iScout

Thank you for the feedback Stacy.

Andrea

The sky is the limit with iScout!

Pros

There are countless features within iScout that I can rave about, but one of the most helpful features for me as a business owner is the ability to receive reports and updates regularly to my email inbox. For example, I receive an emailed pdf report every Thursday showing me which drills and inspections are up to date and which ones are overdue. This gives me peace of mind and helps me manage my business with little effort! I can instantly take action if needed to ensure the drills and inspections are completed right away if they show up as overdue.

Cons

This really isn't a con...the sky really is the limit with iScout! There are so many features and options for customization, which makes it a bit overwhelming. The customer service is OUTSTANDING, and iScout has been incredibly helpful breaking it down for us to help us get started. We are working through one section at a time to build it out and make it work for our needs.

Response from iScout

Andrea, thank you for writing a review.

KPA EHS