All Motive Reviews

Reviewed May 2022

Fully Vetted System

Reviewed April 2022

terrific

PROS

ease of use. the simplest and best ELD and GPS on the market

CONS

cant think of anything negative truthfully

its the best around

Reasons for switching to Motive

used KT before and thought it was the best so switched back

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied April 2022

Sondra

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

KeepTruckin

I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year. Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist. It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

PROS

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

CONS

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

Reason for choosing Motive

Already told you the story! I think you guys have a great product, and your customer service is truly the icing on the cake.

Reasons for switching to Motive

When ELDs first came out Verizon jumped right on board to provide the product and everyone was scrambling to find a carrier because most companies had procrastinated hoping that the bills would not pass making them necessary. Verizon made lots of promises with all the flash and glam -- but sadly I don't think they knew what they had just bit off. It was very frustrating to trucking companies as well as the drivers. One of my drivers came in and talked to me about KeepTruckin he said he used the ap on his phone and it was phenomenal, so I made the call and talked to sales. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had all of our equipment to us "overnight" and a team to help me learn how to install and operate the eld - and we've never looked back.

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied March 2022

Shele

Reviewed December 2021

Please beware of false reviews

Customer service is USELESS. I have talked to them so many times that I finally realized that they all read from a script. They all have the same answer when presented with equipment that does not work, and will not stay connected. They would want to switch out the gateway for the truck. The new gateway would not work either. I would call back time after time, and then they would still want to switch out equipment. I would explain that we have already switched numerous times for this one truck and always "I WILL ESCALATE YOUR ISSUE AND SOMEONE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU." Sometimes they would call and that was always our "new account" manager but the odd thing was I could NEVER get ahold of the person again. Please save yourself the stress of being up in the middle of the night working on trying to get the dashcam or ELD to stay connected. A few of our trucks the equipment worked for the most part. But the other trucks would not stay connected. I signed a contract with these people for working equipment. They breached the contract when they failed to provide working equipment for all of our trucks. The trucks that KT would not work in had to be switched back to our old company. I did not want to have to have two logbook dashboards going so I switched everything back to our old company. I have a three ring binder of the emails and documentation between me and KT.

PROS

Majority of equipment would never stay connected.

CONS

There are so many reasons why I would never recommend Keep Truckin that I do not know where to start. We are a small company and it was a huge decision to change our ELD. I thought I did adequate research and read many reviews. It seemed to have good ratings and the features we were looking for and I made the switch. The monetary cost is significant for a small company, but it has not bearing on the amount of stress Keep Truckin caused for myself.

Reason for choosing Motive

NEVER USE KEEP TRUCKIN. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS USLESS AND EQUIPMENT THAT WORKS 50/50 CHANCE EACH DAY. FYI I really wish that KT would have worked. It had a lot of feature that could have been useful if it stayed connected. Having to switch drivers back to old logs was stressful enough. It would have been a lot easier if KT would have just worked as advertised. Also, there was a huge communication/language barrier between us and the customer service people/and management people. We are from Texas, they are not. I wish someone would have left a review for KT from an honest perspective when I was looking at it. So this review is for you if you are looking for an honest account first hand of the misery I embarked upon with this company.

Hi Shele, we're really sorry to learn the issues you had to face with the equipment and the service in general. We're looking into your request internally, and will try to assist you in the best possible way. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.

Replied January 2022

Penny

Reviewed December 2023

Motive User

Very good experience. Any time I've had to call customer service they have resolved the issue immediately

PROS

The ability to keep track of everything in one app. Great customer service

CONS

Occasional disconnects. Real time tracking lags a bit

Reason for choosing Motive

Good value for the money. They came highly recommended.

Thank you for the wonderful review, Penny! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied December 2023

Marc

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Duncan Oil

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

PROS

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

CONS

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

Reason for choosing Motive

App based mobile devise system. Can be used off anything that has bluetooth capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We were told that our head units would no longer be current and unable to communicate at the end of 2021 due to the 5G updates. They required us to purchase new equipment at a cost of $50,000+. KeepTruckin offered a better option and we were even able to acquire dashcams for all units.

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Replied August 2021

Gabriel

Reviewed July 2021

Great Product!

PROS

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

CONS

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Reason for choosing Motive

I chose KeepTruckin based on it's reputation and other peoples views about the product. I've been satisfied and love to see the improvements made.

Reasons for switching to Motive

BlueInk Technologies plainly told me they could not offer me conformance after a year or so of me constantly reporting issues, bugs, etc. There would be days of communication back and forth trying to figure out the issue. After all was said and done, they bought back their devices. Not sure if they pulled the item off the market, but it was trash for what we needed it for and what they said would work.

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Replied July 2021

Carl

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 employee

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

PROS

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

CONS

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Reason for choosing Motive

Seemed to fit the Charter Motorcoach business the best. Saucon was more geared to the multi-coach market and was prohibitively expensive. Garmin ELog was slow to correct problems and operated with some difficulty.

Reasons for switching to Motive

It seemed that BigRoad was bought out (conjecture here) and became somewhat unresponsive. Initially they were a pleasure to deal with, I even did a review that appeared online.

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Andrea

Reviewed April 2021

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

PROS

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

CONS

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Reason for choosing Motive

We knew Keep Trucking from using it before with other companies and we just went with them, No need to ever bother with anyone else. We felt like they were the best. We used the app before the ELD mandate went into law and it was just so easy and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We worked with a company who used them, it was awful. 3 units went bad in less that 6 months. The first install was horrible and messed up my sync unit in my truck, and never connected past the first day. the second one worked for a few months and then never connected again, then it took them about a week to troubleshoot, then another 21 days before they could get tech out. it was just ridiculous. Luckily we only worked with that company another couple of months and when we got our own authority, we already knew we were going back to Keep Truckin.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with support@keeptruckin.com so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Cammy

Reviewed April 2021

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

PROS

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

CONS

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

Reason for choosing Motive

Because KeepTruckin had no problem logging teams as long as my phone was charged It handled both drivers.

Reasons for switching to Motive

It could not keep up with team drivers. Would not stay charged. Maybe it had too many apps???

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Best Decision for our Company

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

PROS

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

CONS

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation. When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Reason for choosing Motive

the representative sold us.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! most important we knew the transition would be smooth and the equipment was easy to install having terminals in different states we knew we needed a big name to help us move 200+ trucks over. never regret and best decision

Reasons for switching to Motive

very un organize! not current and didnt seem like they knew how ELD was working and no changes to and confused. logs where nver coming over to fleet side and lost logs

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Replied March 2021

Steven

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Terrible Company to Deal With

Terrible 1/10 would not recommend

PROS

After an initial learning curve the software is actually good.

CONS

Even if they had the best product they have a nonesistent customer service. This company reached out and sold us on why we should use them for an ELD service, so we purchased it. After the fact we researched and found out we do not need them because we qualify for an exemption. I called to cancel and they told us they wont refund us ANYTHING even though we only had the service for a month. The product works, but terrible customer service.

Hi Steven, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using KeepTruckin and want to cancel your subscription. This is concerning to us, as we strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. We had the relevant department look into your account but as per the company's policy, we can only process a refund if the customer has informed us within the duration mentioned on the contract. Even our billing department tried their best to compensate you on this matter but the system restricts us and has limitations. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and profoundly appreciate your interest in our product. I tried reaching out to you over the phone but couldn't get a hold of you. I have sent you an email as well so if you want to discuss this matter with us, please feel free to reach us out on 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564. You along with the rest of our customers, mean the world to us - we wouldn't be where we are without you.

Replied January 2019

Yehor

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

PROS

+ Interface + Integrations that works great for our customers and us + Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great + Driver Mobil APP

CONS

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time - Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better - Customer Support Could be better - Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features - Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness) - When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

Reason for choosing Motive

Back in the days, keeptruckin UI was definitely the best option for drivers, plus app that works. Today, it's under the question

Terrible software, terrible support

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Gary

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Meh product.

Incredibly mediocre at best. It seems like Keep Truckin is more concerned with rolling out new features and gaining market share over fixing old issues and keeping current customers happy. We will not be renewing at the end of the contract. We require a more reliable ELD service.

PROS

It has many of the functions we need to locate our fleet.

CONS

The updates. We use company supplied tablets to interface with the Keep Truckin ELD. We used to rely on the internet connection supplied by the Keep Truckin ELD to keep the ELD application up to date. There are so many updates that we found ourselves running out of plan data. To be clear, we lock the tablets down so only Keep Truckin app can be used so it is not other apps. We have recently shut down our automatic updates for the Keep Truckin app which means my fleet is constantly behind on updates - some which are critical for the operation. It creates a real hardship to have to manually update our Keep Truckin ELD app when trucks come through the home terminal. Also, trucks that will not leave the drive line when the truck stops is becoming more frequent. ELD connectivity is a real problem.

Reason for choosing Motive

It seemed like we would get more features and the ELD would be more user friendly for the drivers.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We really apologize for the inconvenience faced. Kindly share the details with us at "support@keeptruckin.com". Our team will look into it and get back to you with a resolution.

Replied November 2021

Eddie

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Horrible customer support

If this company wants to improve they must acknowledge issues with their equipment and software and horrible support they have. Their support is from Pakistan and almost every time when you call you lose connection. So when you call back you have to start all over explaining your issue.

PROS

I was really happy with product and support. But lately we started having issues and customer service takes too long to resolve issues. We even end up getting violations from DOT because of issues that take too long to resolve. Getting your rep reached its impossible I have been emailing and calling my rep for 14 days and no answer. Whenever their equipment fails they always blame on driver or anything else but their equipment. Their customer support from Pakistan has horrible connection and never calls you you back when you get disconnected.

CONS

Horrible customer support lately its impossible to reach your rep or receive support in time.

Reason for choosing Motive

At time when I was signing up with this company it all looked promising and great. But recently this company became worst nightmare for our staff to handle issues and problems with their ELD connection to driver phones.

Lloyd

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Over-all the product has promise but there are some issues.

Overall, I feel like the product has a lot of good uses, and if it is what people purchase I do not feel that they will be slighted or taken advantage of. Some of the problems (GPS as previously mentioned) are annoying but it only affects the dashboard and not the logs so it is not deal breakingly bad.

PROS

I like the ease of customization and the ease of use. I can show someone how to use this product in 10min and expect that he or she will be able to do the bare minimum required of them with this. Or I can take the afternoon and show someone how to make it work for them personally and the best way for them to use it.

CONS

There are a lot of gaps in the GPS service. I notice at least 3 times a month, the gps stops tracking. It will then randomly pick up again. If it is satellite coverage, a better system is needed.

Reason for choosing Motive

It was used by one of my drivers previously, so their experience in it meant that I could take the time to learn it myself and not have to worry about teaching it as well as learning it.

Hi Lloyd, Thank you for the review! We value your input. Please help us to improve by providing more information on your experience. We can be reached at (855) 434-3564/support@keeptruckin.com.

Replied January 2022

Hannah

Reviewed September 2021

My outtake on KT

I think we have a good experience with keep truckin, there are a few issues however i think with all technology there would be. It is easy to use, easy to teach someone to use and very user friendly with alot of options that can be used by anyone.

PROS

I like having 24/7 support, i like that support is reached by phone or email. I like the tracking, the ease of use on the app for drivers. I like how there is a lot of features and always someone willing to help.

CONS

I dislike constant updates, most of our drivers are not great with technology and asking them to update the app weekly is very hard. I do not like the disconnects and "driving in progress events" that can take days to sort.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We needed something better for our company and more reliable

Hi Hannah, thank you for taking out time and sharing your feedback with us. We will try to further improve our services based on your feedback but we are glad to know that you liked our services. Thank you for choosing KeepTruckin!

Replied September 2021