• Pros

• "It’s super easy, convenient and quick to use and my staff have found it great to learn with "

• "It is easy to use. The support is fantastic. "

• "It is easy to use and I like the help line you can ring during the day"

• Cons

• "Sometimes the price of the monthly fees can be a bit much, but other then that I can't complain about kitomba!!"

• "Not much I don’t like. The support team are always very helpful. The cost was a bit much for a small business but we have come to an agreement recently in which I am happy with. "

• "We recently changed to a Mac and the software is not really compatible. It would be great if not was cloud based or just worked a bit better on the appointment interface."

Browse Kitomba Reviews

Carla from Hair Art & Beauty

Great All-round Salon/Spa Software

Great overall experience- they take all feedback and often release new features due to popular demand. Constantly upgrading and improving their software.

Pros

We love how extensive the system is- we can run reports on every thing we need, plus more! The customer service is great- they always answer our calls or emails very quickly.

Cons

The cost, however, we are totally happy paying the cost as we receive so many benefits.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

Much more features and benefits

Laurie from Salem Hair Co.

Industry: Fine Art

It's okay

I like kitomba - it makes sense, it just seems out dated. We were using timely before and made the change due to certain kitomba features - however didn't realise how many timely features we were going to miss. I have much more feedback than what is above so if anyone is interested I'm happy to be contacted. At this stage I'll definitely be looking at moving back to timely when our contact is up as they're constantly innovating

Pros

being able to split services over multiple staff through the online booking pin for logging in/out restricted access for certain staff being able to see which login made an appointment/change (although super annoying that kitomba one is shown as 'online appointment' rather than the staff members name) Targets visible from kitomba 1 (annoying that staff seem to be able to see each others targets, and would be great to be able to set an hourly target for staff who frequently change hour or an alternating one for those who alternate hours over a fortnight or month) tiered pricing/timing

Cons

It being installed on the desktop means there are so many chances for issues - we had an issue with our power supply and ended up with kitomba being corrupted multiple times (while this is a user issue it is very annoying that it's able to happen at all - a cloud based option like timely wouldn't do it) The online booking only has the ability to set 'packages' not specifically titled sections - having multiple drop down menus would be better - eg Colour and Cut, Colour and Blowdry, Promotions It would be great if it could at least try to add all services in a package to be with the same staff member when they choose (anyone) from the online booking so that it's not spread over multiple people when one person could have done all of the services It would be great if the cautions/alerts were visible earlier in the booking process, as you currently don't see it - or aren't able to read it easily until the appointment has already been created (in a situation where you have a note such as - 'DON'T BOOK THIS PERSON IN' it would be great to see straight away The reports are really clunky to use and don't have clear names that explain what they do - why is there not an easy to use report for retail sold on kitomba one? Kitomba one could do with better reports in general - maybe gather feedback as to what people think is missing? K1 should have the ability to bring up pricing for services and put sales through In general seeing pricing should be easier than setting up a quote

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

The customer support was awesome and other team members have used it before. PS. I chose fine art as an industry as it seems like an oversight to not include a beauty/hairdressing option in your list when sending a survey to kitomba users - feel free to change it to whatever it should be for a hair and nail salon

Danielle from Rodney Wayne

Good for small business, but far too basic for big business.

Our account person is super helpful and friendly, we get great deal of support, it's just unfortunate that some of the functionality is lacking.

Pros

I like that the salons have so much great reporting available to them, unfortunately most sites aren't using this to its full potential and there is no way to look at some of these reports from Head Office or at a national level.

Cons

Kitomba lacks a lot of functionality that a big, multi-site business requires, and is not set up to deliver standard retail functions in terms of promotions. For example Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions. Leaving offers to be manual entered, and actioned leaves the business open to errors and misuse. There is key gaps in the reporting available, and anything comparable requires running two reports and manually working out the variance which is something I would consider basic. Imagine if you could produce a report on points earned on a specific brand, during a specified time period... and charge the vendor for those points... you could create some clever promotions if the reporting and keying allowed. Had I been part of the decision process I would not have chosen Kitomba. It's basic, and geared largely towards single, or smaller businesses. The lure of having a points/rewards system is off set by the inability to easy look at the data at a nationwide level. There isn't even the ability to bulk up load quantities for sites across the group, for instance in a GWP promotion where I know and created the quantities per site, I have to leave it to the sites to enter the quantity (which they never do).

Mark from Absolute Tan Ltd T/A megaSun

Kitomba Reviee

We have had ups and downs over the years. At one point we did consider changing to another company. But we have had some help with some issues that needed staff prepared go the extra mile rep has been really helpful. Rep has bent over backwards to help us and he has More than made sure we are looked after.

Pros

The developments over the years. We purchased the product when it was being launched For our spa. We branched into a different area and over time, Kitomba has enveloped this business. The current technical/forensic techs are much more helpful and make things more user friendly than used to be the case.

Cons

For several years, we asked for a concessions section. This was developed, but most of the work still had to have a largely manual input. Things like an expiry after 22 months have only recently been added as a feature. Prior to this, we had to keep a log independent of the programme and expire them by hand. Although very few do expire, it was a lot of work to do it manually.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

We already used millennium in Tauranga. We were on the verge of opening the tanning studios and carrying on with millennium, but we'd changed the spa to Kitomba, so decided to get the same programme for the other two.

Leigh from Elle J Hair

Fantastic Customer support

Pros

I can always call Kitomba support to help guide me thru whatever it is I’m trying to do or searching for. The customer marketing tools are very good

Cons

Kitomba does not have the ability to create re-occurring bookings

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

Kitomba has a cloud based platform as well as a program installed into the main computer in salon so there is no waiting times to flick from page to page

Aisling from The Skin Nurse

Aesthetic Industry

Pros

Online bookings Reporting Automation of marketing

Cons

Clients unable to leave a review Cost of text messages is too high

Anita from GLOW HAIR

Keeps the salon on track.

Pros

Kitomba has been great for my salon it helps keep everything on track and I am able to see what is going on at work even when I'm not there. The new time sheet feature has been amazing it keeps my staff honest and saves a lot of time chasing them up to put in their hours.

Cons

It does not integrate the hours from to.e sheet to zero.

Diana from Reds hairdressing

Kitomba review

The reporting is excellent and easy to use. It helps me measure my business KPI's on a daily basis. It also helps set my weekly, monthly targets and allows my team to access them easily through Kitomba one. We receive about 10 online bookings per day which has really allowed us to grow our business.

Pros

I love the reporting. The magic marketing is excellent and the customer service awesome. Prompt and informative. I love Kitomba One and the Target facility. Also the Benchmarking is great. The online booking service works well.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

Kitomba has better reports and marketing options.

Dan from Nouveau niche for hair

Kitimba review

Generally great, can’t complain about the software or the tech support . I really like the system

Pros

It’s a great system , easy to use and the customer support is great .

Cons

It’s very expensive compared to every other similar software on the market for hairdressers. Even though it’s a great set up, it still feels like a bit of a rip off . Also the accounts lady is a bit abrupt and not that friendly to deal with.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

It was already in the shop when I purchased the business and already contained the database. I didn’t want to spend the time transferring over the database . And I also already knew how to use kitomba from previous workplaces

Natasha from Blades Hair Design

Industry: Writing and Editing

Owner

Haven’t really had any issues it wud be good to have onsite training with all my staff. I would like more as a business owner I brought the salon and there is a lot of stuff on there that I feel I am not getting full use out of because of lack of knowledge

Pros

It was just there when I purchased the salon I would change but it’s to hard

Cons

I find it’s hard to get support to actually come out and do training with staff and it’s so EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for what it is the only reason I won’t change is because it is what we all know and it is to hard

Junia from Sage Beauty

Industry: Alternative Medicine

We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc - fabulous

auto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.

Pros

I like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

Response from Kitomba

Replied May 2018

Hi Junia, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you. Kind regards, Anna

Dorien from Jomp

Great business tool

I’ve found it a great tool to use, it’s easy to use and constantly being improved and updated. Thanks Kitomba I will miss seeing my business summaries now that I am no longer a client of yours.

Pros

Access to business information quickly and efficiently for bookings, targets and KPIs wherever you are at anytime. Great support staff and continual improvements being made to stream line the experience for the user. Easy to use and data is easy to read and understand.

Cons

Fairly Expensive for a small business, charges for txts and emails is not really worth the price considering most businesses Using this software will be messaging many clients regarding appointments. This means some businesses would be less likely to use the marketing tools available in the software as the messaging charges would Defeat the purpose of using the marketing tools and resources available to use in the software.

Stephanie from Aromatics Beauty Therapy

Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting.

Pros

Easy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Not sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.

Kristina from Skin Boutique

Great system with awesome support

They are always available to help, and nithing is a problem.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support is fantastic.

Cons

Is more pricey than other systems, and costs for texts is high

Reputation

Hannah from Beauty Code

The All in One Software

Pros

We most love Kitomba for its easy booking options from booking ourselves to clients online booking and changing appointments on their own. The time it frees up it amazing, it offers great reports and a wide range that are extremely useful for any aspect of your business, we love it and wouldnt change it!

Cons

The Price. We do love Kitomba but it is one of the most expensive on the market, they do offer discounts to long standing clients, but will need to keep up offering the best service and reporting as there is a lot of products coming up in the market that could soon offer the same for less!

Alanna from BP

Loyal Customer 5+ years

For years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn’t get resolved.

Pros

I like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.

Cons

Online booking is fabulous when it’s working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it’s definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it’s not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.

Kyle from J-Rose Hair

Getting Better Every Time

I can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.

Pros

I like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.

Cons

Thats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.

Linda from Chocolatt Hair

This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.

Pros

Easy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock

Cons

That it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

Response from Kitomba

Replied May 2018

Hi Linda Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this. Kind regards, Anna

Kate from Siva Beauty, Body and Soul

Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to learn and pick up....

Easy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.

Pros

The customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.

Cons

Some appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.

Kym from Sizzl’n Scissors Hair Design

Customer review

Pros

How easy it is to use on a day to day basis

Cons

The fact that I don’t know how to use all aspects of the program so don’t get the full experience out of it

Price and approachability

Annie from Dare Waxing and Tanning

We love Kitomba and all the Customer Service support has been amazing!

From a manual (book and pen) system too Kitomba it has increased our service time, as kitomba you can automate text msgs, reminders, cautions and pos.

Pros

Easier to navigate and teach The text msg service Campaign marketing messages Clear fonts, tabs and headings Cloud based storage and security

Cons

The cost! For a small business its very hard to justify spending (my approx. bill) on a booking system when there are so many other cheap options on the market that provide similar services.

Sharon from Collective hair

Love kitomba

I love the online booking, the easy rebooking system. Accounting of the totals for individual staff and number of clients, it makes tracking everything we do easy.

Pros

Very easy to use and my staff all love and find it very easy to use would not use anything else.

Cons

Nothing I can’t fault it, I love how easy it is and always help just a phone call away.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

I only looked at kitomba there was no need to look at anything else. I have been using it for 16 years and love it.

Carolyn from Hair On High Street

We have had excellent service from all of your staff.

A comprehensive daily working booking system. Good reporting and stock control. Also some good extra features associated with hairdressing and beauty

Pros

It provides a diverse range of information useful to me as Administrator. It is user friendly and has been designed well in my opinion. The reporting is good and our staff seem to be handling it well.

Cons

Not necessarily Kitomba's fault but the L'Oreal Matrix sector of our inventory which is also the largest, has a number of anomalies whereby product is duplicated under slightly different names and sectors. Also inconsistency's. Spaces, capitals and descriptions need to be identical.

January 2015

Heather from Rodney Wayne South City, ChCh

January 2015

what a difference a year makes.....

People often say what a difference a day makes. In my case I say what a difference a year makes. Our salon has now been using Kitomba for one year. In that time we have been able to achieve a much better handle on our stock, our productivity and most of all our clients needs. Kitomba support - We had to introduce the system in the first week of December due to issues with previous software suppliers. I know, OMG I thought in the busiest time of the year. However it was made so easy with the support we got on site initially and then on line. Everyone at Kitomba respects your issue, deals with it promptly and most of all, completely satisfying my needs. I also love the 1/2 hour webinar to aid the learning process. Stock and clients - the system has given us such a good look at our stock e.g. what been sitting on shelve too long and clients e.g. when last purchased product that we have been able to react quickly to issues. Feedback from clients love the on line appointment, the text for their birthdays and the Kitomba $$ loyalty programme. The team - It has been great to set up the commission system for each employee, the ability to work out their wages in one easy action is fantastic. We also use the reporting system on K1 i.e. benchmarking to show each team member how they are going. If there is a con to the system it is that while everything is there to use from day one I have found it best to introduce the great systems in a balanced way. This aids the team and also makes sure the learning is there before the next training. I prioritised what I was having the most issues with then went to it Overall I highly recommend this product

Veronica from Jouvence

Easy Kitomba

The best costumer service i have ever come across. Everything is made easy, everything is explained and sorted within a few minutes.

Pros

The best part about Kitomba is that its so easy to use. It has more futures than you will use, but its great to know that you have it there encase you ever need it.

Cons

Probably the price. I wish some of the futures were optional, and you would be able to add them as you need.

Louise from Jam Hair Company

Industry: Cosmetics

Changed our business for the best

The targets are a great incentive for our staff to focus on and have definitely influenced sales.

Pros

The online booking, now I don't spend hours making appointments. The automatic texting to confirm the next days appointments. The reporting for stock levels, ordering, business numbers

Cons

Can not think of anything that i did not like.

Sacha from Samson & Delilah Hair Design

Overall happy, have used kitomba since 2004 ish

Pros

Easy to use, system keeps updating when new changes are available

Cons

Nothing so far. We have been happy with the system and service

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

First option at the time we looked at with the convenience of backup etc and updating regularly over purchasing a system where you need to pay for updates as a package

evin from evin austin hairdressing

The customer service has always been fantastic, always happy to guide me through any issues

Pros

I like the benchmark settings, the reports and the accessibility on my phone to change or update appointments

Cons

I have had a few difficulties with the phone application, like wanting to book an appointment but not send a text confirmation which it automatically will, and sometimes moving appointments or changing their time does not always function smoothly

Jenny from Petone Foot Clinic

Have been with Kitomba for many years, good to know it just keeps ticking along..

Lower DNA rate than many

Pros

Local assistance if required. Ease of use, ability to set up in multiple locations. Not sure what else I'm supposed to say I've been using it for 10+ years!

Cons

Cost of text reminders is too high. K1 looks too odd to use to any great detail. Would like to investigate further use of email/letters from info in files.

Kerrie from Beauty Indulgence

Kitomba

I’m pretty happy, it could be a little bit cheaper but the support is outstanding

Pros

The way the appointments are booked is easy to read

Cons

Sometimes things randomly go missing like if we have a deposit put on for a client, sometimes it’s gone and they haven’t used it

poppy from kenny and the sunshinegirls

overall is ok, easy to use

Pros

Customer service is always helpful when we need to call them! Easy to put colour notes in, and easy to book in appointments and rebooking of clients.

Cons

sometimes cant' open the software have to call for help. sometime client didn't get confirmation message. I use to use simple salon price point compare kitomba is expensive.

Georgina from Etain skin hair body

record keeping & reports make it easy to see what is happening on a daily basis.

Pros

It is easy to use & all staff members can use it easily. The straightforward layout makes the viewing screen easy to see & book appointments simply.

Cons

The overall cost of the text messages makes it a costly experience if you want to message lots of clients.

Renee from Complete Skin

Love it!

overall we love the software.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use and the marketing opportunities within the software.

Cons

It can occasionally glitch when trying to save a patients notes or not save when in kitomba one.

Reasons for Choosing Kitomba

Because i had used it before

Marjorie from Skin Therapy Day Spa

Kitomba review

We love kitomba. Its ease of access means less downtime for therapists. Great reports which can be easily adapted to personal salon needs.

Pros

Its easy accessibility in being able to check when appointments are made when not in the office.

Cons

The cost comparison with other systems is a bit higher.

Sue from THE HAIR BOUTIQUE UK

considering the time difference Kitomba support is good

smooth running of salon

Pros

Easy to use for all staff members , reports cover most information required. easy access and staff can user

Cons

Company based overseas and sometimes need help during uk day time . most cases can wait for help but sometimes help is needed immediately

Sharon from Studio 146

Overall very good.

Pros

Easy to use. I like being able to sign into k1 from home. Good for staff to be able to check in. Love clients being able to confirm appointments.

Cons

Wish k1 had more options, I'd like to be able to access more reports from home. Also be able to do marketing.

Toni from TLC Hairdressing

Great software

Pros

User friendliness. Available features. Customer support

Had used before

Jasmine from Inch hairdressing

We have had kitomba for 5 years. It is easy to use, has all the reports you need and great support.

Pros

Its very easy for everyone to use and creates useful reporting. The appointment confirmation is very helpful. It is cost effective

Cons

I would like to send a text message confirmation that let's the client know that they are seeing both stylist and colourist

Kirsten from Flaunt It Hairdressing Bundaberg

Absolutely love how easy kitomba is to use. And the staff are always helpful.

Pros

Love the text messaging reminders, love the support, love how easy it is to use. Love that they are always bribing out new features.

Sara from Vibra-Train Hamilton

I have been using Kitomba for over 6 years in our business and absolutely love it

Pros

The software is very easy to use and if anything does go wrong the customer support is amazing and they will get you sorted very quickly

Cons

If I had to say one con it would be not being able to use concession cards with an exception once they expire.

Isabell from Skizza’s hair design

Best salon softwear I’ve used

Love the weekly business summaries has everything I need to see at a glance wot each girl is achieving

Pros

The integration of appointments, reports , use of kitomba 1 on mobile SMS ability

Cons

The cost per month is quite expensive but it never fails to deliver

Treena from Waterlily Hair and Beauty

Expensive but lots of functions

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of functions. The help desk is usually very helpful and return call quickly

Cons

The cost compared to other providers. Three year contracts to get better deals cost of text messages and email should be almost free

Joseph from The Glam House

Kitomba_ Review

Staff utilization, client retention and rebooking are certainly some of the key metrics for us.

Pros

The reporting is a major benefit. staff utilization. Online Booking has grown the business at least 5%. The ability to have both the local PC and online access as a shared database.

Cons

generating some client reports on their history can be difficult at times. the pricing for SMS is daylight robbery considering that wholesale cost for sms is around 2.5c.

easy to use interface.

Kylee from Aqua salon and spa

Reccomend to all.

Pros

Easy to use and very innovative developers always looking at ways to improve the features. Helpdesk support is fantastic.

Cons

There is nothing negative that comes to mind.

maria from Chisholm Institure

Kitomba

Does not allow you to delete names etc when you have gone wrong.

Pros

data set up easy to see, date and calendar well set out

Cons

having to change each individual line instead of doing it in bulk

Emily from Zuka Beauty Pty Ltd

Pros

Cons

There isn’t much I don’t like, it’s been the best for my business

Tracy from Refresh Day Spa and Remedial Clinic

Highly recommended

I love how with K1 I can control so much remotely.

Pros

Kitomba is easy to use and has great support when needed.

Cons

Whenever we have had issues they have been quickly resolved.

Clare from Rodney Wayne South City

love it

easy

Pros

ease of use, remote access, fast start up, instant backup, good support

Cons

reports on retail only sales not just in salon retail ( customer information )

Tina from cbd hair ltd

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Review for Kitomba

Great

Pros

It is easy to use and I like the help line you can ring during the day

Cons

That not all reports ar available yet in Kitomba one

barbara from East Day Spa

Great

Pros

It is easy to use. The support is fantastic.

Cons

focus is to hair dressing and not day spas