(2,520)

2,520

• Pros

• "I love that it’s customizable to my business needs and appearance and that it’s so easy to use!"

• "The sleek look and functionality are so amazing. I love that is links with all of the emails for my company and makes scheduling easy and quick."

• "It was easy to set up and use. I love how it helped my customers get money to me quickly."

• Cons

• "The only thing that I don’t like is the price due to having my own business it can get very costly, but nothing is free in this world so I’m still willing to pay for a membership"

• "The only drawback is the user interface. I find it a bit clunky in the initial set up of schedules. Once that's done, however, it works flawlessly."

• "The time block option is somewhat confusing to use. It took a little bit of searching to figure it out. However, I sorted it out and I still feel that this is an awesome product! "

Browse Acuity Scheduling Reviews

May 2015

Kip

Industry: Mental Health Care

May 2015

Love It - Great Customization - Solid Functionality

I was so excited about getting a scheduling system for my private practice. My excitement soon turned to disgust and amazement when I trialed service after service and most were vitally flawed. They either didn't have customization options (which was VERY important to me) or they simply didn't work. Either way, they reflected poorly on my business and I was truly amazed at how difficult it was to find one that did what I wanted it to. I found it with Acuity though. I am so happy and relieved to have the confidence that it's working properly and to have the customization options to make it integrate and flow with the rest of my business

Pros

Besides the obvious, most important piece: it actually works (others did not), here are some other key pros. So much customization. I'm astounded at how much you can modify the client's scheduling page. There's the root code and table(s) to actually get the job done but, on top of that, you can customize everything around it: the wording, the look, the buttons, the colors, the options, etc. The wording was especially important to me. I prefer that the scheduling system gives off a feel that is congruent with the rest of the business. Clients have the option of creating an account/password if they want to manage all of their appointments. Everything syncs immediately with my personal google calendar. You create your blanket availability but then you can also manually block out times. You can 'pad' before and after appointments to make sure you're doing all you need to. You don't have to, but you can create different appointment types with different settings. You can also create a 'class' / 'group' and allow clients to reserve spots. The other crucial part for me was the client-emails. Some of the systems provided little to no customization. They were basically going to talk to your clients however they felt like. You can customize all of it with Acuity. You can word the emails the way you want to. Clients get confirmations when you schedule something, cancel something, etc. You can choose to get a copy of the emails that are sent to clients so that you know exactly how it looks. You can even add a custom note (in addition to the original custom email) so that it's two-fold customized to that particular client for that particular situation. In case I haven't been clear: it's the customization that is so crucial to me. :) All this in mind, it's actually cheaper than many of the other systems. And I want to emphasize one more time: not only is the customization crucial, but other systems flat out didn't work. The actual coding seems so solid here.

Cons

This isn't a con - it's just an unknown. It's a new practice and I'm the only staff. Once there are other service providers, I don't know how well Acuity will flow with that. Considering the solid coding that they seem to have, I'm guessing it will work very well (with a lot of customization! haha) but I thought it's fair to mention that I'm not aware of how well the system works with multiple staff members. One other tiny piece of con: how the actual system looks from the inside (on our end). It's not aesthetically joyous but I didn't buy Acuity as a piece of art that I can gaze into with a glass of wine. So I don't care that much. It works. And it lets me customize it so it integrates with my business and provide consistency and function for my clients. I love it and am relieved to have it.

Maggie from Spark Fitness

Easy to use for business and customers

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if theyre not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning theres no paying out for features that arent required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way Im able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system. For what it offers it is an excellent price.

Cons

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesnt.

Nancy from No Nonsense Smart Business Solutions

Will not use any other Scheduling software!

I would be lost without this program. It is exactly what a scheduling program should be and not trying to add on things it doesn't NEED.

Pros

I have been using this program for years and it has never failed me. Even when I had an issue it was resolved promptly. It has all the features I need as I have multiple streams of income in my business and it satisfies the scheduling needs for all of them...from coaching to website design strategy sessions and training

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this program although I do wish at times I didn't have to use another 3-party app to integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Price, ease of use and features

Nancy from North Scottsdale Acupuncture

Visually unfriendly

Customer service is cute and funny but overall the scheduler needs a lot of work. I am going to accept my 4 free months and keep working with it but I really don't know if I will stay.

Pros

The low cost and colorful customization of the patient portal.

Cons

The scheduling itself. The type face is so tiny, you have to review it twice, so it's time consuming, selecting the time is tedious ( a drop down would be so much better), and the way the whole thing reads is very over complicated. Also, the option to block should be there as well, so that you click on a time slot and perform the function you need. The block function requires that you start from scratch, instead of allowing you to simply select a time slot like you do with scheduling. Finally, the fact that the admin gets flooded with emails of every scheduling action instead of only the actions the admin hasn't done is such a waste of time and it's all or nothing.

Can't remmeber

Rashidat from Self Employed

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Checks all my boxes

Im managing my time for multiple groups of needs and Acuity is allowing me to do that all in one place. I can manage my personal needs, my life coaching needs, and my nonprofit needs all in one place and still keep my hair (because I havent pulled it out trying to keep myself afloat). I look forward to continuing to use the software as it has room for me to expand and handle other needs that I foresee in the future. For me, Acuity is a great one stop shop to manage and connect people to the services provide.

Pros

I switched from Calendly because I was having people make appointments at the last minute and back to back. I really appreciate that Acuity has functionality to account for my preferences in both situations. I really enjoy the ability to personalize my different scheduling links since I set up scheduling for a few different scenarios. I tend to use the specific appointment type scheduling link, which is great to have separated from the overall link so that there is no confusion in booking. There is so much other functionality that I havent had a chance to use yet link the intake forms and billing, but Im looking forward to using it. Also, I really enjoy the emails and correspondence that Ive had with organization. I havent even submitted a help ticket, but every email is funny and engaging and it feels like someone is personally attending to me!

Cons

I had a little bit of confusion with the set up of my calendars. It took some searching to figure out how to combine all my appointments to one calendar. All in all I figured it out and still love my account.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The ability to add buffer time between meetings and to disable the ability for a last minute meeting to be scheduled overnight without giving me time to prepare for it. In addition, I use Squarespace as well. I love that product and wanted to maintain fluidity between both products. Both are made well and make my life simple so I can do what is most important to me rather than spending all my time on designing a website or figuring out scheduling.

Matthew from Atlas Internet Marketing LLC

Great scheduling software with lots of integrations and options

Very positive. Definitely a good option for smaller digital businesses and other service based businesses. Plus they have an open api that connects with Zapier so easy to integrate with most anything else you may need.

Pros

The 2 things I like most about this software is that it has a lot of native integrations already prebuilt into the system. For example, we use Zoom a lot for our appointments and it took just a few minutes to set up. Secondly, I like how you can set up different categories of schedules with only one email and calendar per person. I've used this not only for my digital marketing agency but have helped friends set this up for many other types of industries including a gym, hair salon, professional coaching and more.

Cons

Only thing I wish they would include is different time zone scheduling option with the smallest team plan/ Found that out the hard way, we are adding more people to our team so that won't be too big of a deal breaker but it would be nice.

Jon from Jack & Associates

I was hesitant at first.

Initially I was very hesitant to join due to the cost. However, over time Ive realized just how great the software is for the reasons listed above. A must have!

Pros

- Free trial - responsiveness of the support team - booking forms and coupons are amazing - ease of use - integration with zoom! And multiple calendars

Cons

- Costs more than Calendly - thats really my only frustration

Pros listed above

Karen from The May Creative

One of the best online schedulers

My overall experience has been great Acuity allows me to manage calls effortlessly and I can also add notes when needed. It's definitely one of my must-have business tools for any entrepreneur.

Pros

I like that I can easily send a link to those I want to schedule a call with, without the back and forth. There is also confirmation and reminder emails that go out so I don't have to worry about making sure someone shows up. Also, I can accept payments for paid experiences versus non-paid. Oh and the app makes it easy to check and see which appointments are coming up next.

Cons

I wish the calendar had a more updated look. It's not horrible but it could be more modern especially since they recently were acquired or partnered with Squarespace.

Gastn from Photography

Industry: Photography

A must have in my website arsenal

I've been using Acuity for a while now, and I have to say I'm in love with this software. To be completely honest, I tried looking for cheaper or free alternatives, and I always ended up coming back to Acuity. The support team is fantastic but I rarely use it because the system simply... works. Every time. I booked hundreds of appointments and I'll keep using them.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Amazing Support - Simplicity - It works as expected, every time. - Mobile App

Cons

- Embedding on website isn't perfect. You can do it, but you cannot customize a lot of things (at least on my plan).

Makhosi from The Royal Shaman

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Don't waste your time with another!

Pros

The set up is quick & easy! It's also doesn't require any technical knowledge whatsoever to integrate it with payment processors or to go back in and update it.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, but I would like more options to customize!

heather from Holistic healing acupuncture

NO customer service

Product is great. Customer service is terrible.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to use. My clients have mentioned that they like the ease of the software when scheduling.

Cons

You will never be able to speak to a customer service representative. Ever. They want to you to email and set up an appointment for someone to email you back and discuss your issue via email. It will take forever and when you are a small business owner, very frustrating to not be able to chat with someone and deal with an issue very quickly and get it resolved. Instead, it will take several days and because you just don't have the time to sit at your computer all day, you will just move on and never get your issues dealt with. They say that they do not offer phone support at all. To me, this is very poor customer service. Also, very frustrating when you have been paying the company for over five years and they can't even do you the curtesy of having a human call you. Also, if you have different types of appointments you will be offering. You will not be able to only allow a certain appointment to be scheduled only next to another already scheduled appointment. So this will leave you with big empty windows of times between appointments. If you want to only allow customers to schedule next to already made appointments, you can do that. But that only is a convenience ,if all of your appointments are of the same type and time duration. If you have 30, 60, and 90 minute sessions, this will not be of use to you. It is very frustrating and negatively effects my business every single week. Again, you won't be able to talk to anyone to see address your issue.

Claude from Thau, Inc.

First timer's input

See above. I now have more confidence in the enrollment I will do. I generally am the strategic guy, not the implementer. So, as I strategize with people in the future, I should have opportunities to recommend Acuity.

Pros

People can see a broad array of times I am available to meet with them. I've been updating my own Excel spreadsheet which does that but does not allow someone to set a meeting. Calendly requires that the client look at small alternative meeting opportunities; that was not useful for me. It was intuitive enough that I could figure out most things and I was lucky to find answers to other things easily. It was great to be able to give them information to read before our session.

Cons

I sometimes failed to save changes. Your system caught me sometimes, but not others. Not sure why. I did not understand that forms would be listed alphabetically (you might be able to display that info or have a button to learn how to re-order forms). I found the answer quickly on the internet. I did not realize, until I tested the system that multiple forms would be run together. That's OK but I had to go back to change wording that referred to "the other attachment". I'm using this for an insurance enrollment. The schedule was titled with my business name "Thau, Inc." I was unable to find a way to change that. However, later I looked into my profile and discovered that I could change that title there. I asked for a 15-minute gap with 45-minute sessions (in case a meeting runs long); it was not clear that was working and the appointments were allowed only to start at specified times 45 minutes apart, such as 1 pm, then 1:45 pm. I would have been happy for someone to pick 1:15 or 1:30. I'm not sure that can be done. Anyway, to do the gaps I went back and scheduled appointment start times one-hour apart. For a free user, the "view plans and upgrade now" should be in the left vertical menu. I wsas not sure how to get to it, so I picked something I knew I could not do. Even then, it was not a big obvious button.

Katie from Yoga kala

It has exactly what I have been looking for

Acuity has given me so much time back, I'm no longer having to communicate with clients over phone, email, text, web message, Facebook message about classes that have disappeared.

Pros

I've finally found a booking and membership software platform that I can integrate into my website without the added stress of classes disappearing from the schedule or memberships being cancelled without so much as an email from the software provider. I can create group classes, events, private sessions while offering my students the choice of memberships, class passes, gift vouchers as well as discount codes. It's everything I've been looking for. It's a little more complicated to get started but once you get started it's easy.

Cons

It's a little bit complicated, maybe a few too many options but people like customisation so my cons maybe your pros

Khadejah from HighClass Henna

I'm glad that I switched to Acuity

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

Pros

I love the features it offers. I love the fact that I'm given a page where I'm able to customize and add important information for my clients to see before booking. I love that it allows me to add coupon codes for my clients to use and let's me have different deposit types for different services. I also love that it has intake forms and offers Instagram and MailChimp integration, and allows me to customize the automatic e-mail confirmation. Its easy to use and makes things run much smoother for myself and clients. I was a die-hard Setmore user, but with all the features I needed and wasn't getting from them, Acuity had them all + more. I'm glad I switched.

Cons

The ONLY 2 issues I have so far is the fact that my clients can't book multiple services at once, I'd need to create add-ons, which makes things a bit harder for me, and the lack of customer support over the phone or live chat.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Book Like A Boss' pricing was confusing and they didn't have a book button with Instagram. I never actually got to try it out because I didn't think I would actually go ahead with purchasing their product due to those missing features.

Jess from Mack House Inc

New Company Needing Reliable Software

So far the experience has been good. There is a lot of functionality and options - users have a lot of control over many details. Some of the scheduling sessions or setting up options (like the Terms and Conditions forms for booking) are not clear - more instructions should be visible on the page - but you can figure it out if you have time for trial and error.

Pros

-The client facing side is much more attractive than other scheduling options -so easy to customize what the clients see, it's very clean and simple -3rd party application integration gives many options for growing your business -the tiered account options, so we can maybe save money in the first few years

Cons

-sessions were a little bit confusing to set up, but it might just be our style of scheduling -Once you set up sessions, when you go to review them is not ideal : We are a company with recurring sessions every day of the week, and the sessions become a long list - other scheduling apps tried allowed the sessions to be viewed in a chart, making it easier to check and adjust -clients being unable to book more than one person easily - I don't think all of them will understand that they need to 'Add A Time' until they have the correct number of time slots chosen

Patrick from Balance Lab

My new favorite

I have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!

Pros

I found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.

Cons

This is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....

Adam from Renaissance Ranch Idaho Falls

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for scheduling clients

Overall I have been very pleased with the software and with the fun attitudes of the designers and programmers. I like the quirky quotes and statements because they give me moments of fun during my workday. I love the value for the cost.

Pros

I like the customizable functionality of Acuity the most. However I also very much appreciate the appointment reminder features which remind both the clients and the clinician of upcoming appointments. I love that multiple reminders is an option and that I can customize when the reminders are sent.

Cons

I really dislike there is no pin or fingerprint option for opening the phone app. The "Magic Link" is not very convenient and has not always worked when I have tried using it. The app itself is very phone friendly however.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity provided better features at a better price.

Jay from Kristi Williams Photography

Industry: Photography

Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.

We love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration. On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.

Pros

We love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client. The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.

Cons

If you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

For us, Acuity just seemed like a better product to start with and grow with. Seemed like more of a robust solution that we would never need to replace. Nothing against other solutions on the market, but Acuity is exactly what we needed to manage our crazy busy studio.

Julie from Hot Coffee Coaching

Over the Top Customer Service

I literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.

Pros

Ease of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!

Cons

That I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Acuity Scheduling Review

Excellent! Customer Service is quick to respond, and theyre way fun to interact with, besides. Tutorials are really helpful. And the product, itself, is indispensable in freeing up my time on the admin side of things as well as super helpful for my clients.

Pros

So many things to like, its difficult to narrow it down to just one. How about a two-way tie: The email reminders and customizable, direct schedule links. First the email reminders. These customizable reminders are a sanity-saver for me, my clients, and my business. Especially for summer piano lessons where Lessons are scheduled in an ala crate fashion so each week, the lesson day and time changes. With a lesson reminder being emailed 24-hours in advance, I have nearly zero no-shows in my studio which is pretty remarkable with the ever-shifting summer piano lesson schedule. Then theres the customizable direct-schedule links. Acuity has made it so easy for my clients to be able to schedule, reschedule and cancel their own lessons, which saves me countless admin hours! As a solo operation, Id much rather put time and energy into my students and my craft, rather than behind the computer screen trying to figure out rescheduling options for busy families. With Acuity, I just send them the link (or they click on the link provided in the reminder email), they can easily and quickly see what lesson spots are available, and then a couple of clicks later theyre in! Love this feature!

Cons

Its a little baffling why this feature is not available, with all the other great things Acuity does. But when a client asks for a list of all their future appointments, I can only screenshot the list. Theres no report I can run or pdf to print or anything simple like that. I can certainly pull up a list of all a particular clients appointments (past and future), but theres no easy (professional-looking) way to send that list to the client.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity seems to provide a far better value than the others...lots more bang for the buck! I also love the happy, positive vibe of the company, and the super long trial period didnt hurt, either;)

Perfect for automations

1. Overall it is a perfect service. We love it because it has integration with Zapier. We have a Google spreadsheet where we keep all the appointment and see all the statistics. So integration with Zapier saves us so much time. 2. I am not sure yet (not fully tested), but looks like Acuity does not remove guests from Google Calendar events. So if I need to share an appointment through Google Calendar, a guest will not be removed with every sync. Not sure if it designed like that, but please, do not remove this feature. Or maybe even improve it (adding guests to Google Event through Acuity?) :)

Pros

Zapier and Squarespace integrations. Simplicity.

Cons

1.Address field works, but a bit unusual. It does not show address in a regular format. For example: If you need :1229 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 You will get: 1229 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America Not sure if it is limited by Google. 2. Email design is very simple. It is not the most important part, but still. Looking forward to see shared design with Squarespace.

Monica from On-Call Editing

Industry: Publishing

Easily Fits Into My Solo Biz

Once I set up my questionnaire and determined my schedule and link name, it really was good to go. I've shared it with a variety of potential clients with no complaints so far as to issues using it. I look forward to getting to know the tool even better so I can hopefully streamline things even more. I believe it will integrate nicely with a WP site - according to my designer - so all the more reason to stick with this one.

Pros

The best thing about Acuity to me is how easy it is to incorporate into my business process. I can easily update my daily schedule before I share the scheduling link with a potential client. I was able to create a questionnaire used within Acuity, and I can just add the link to my site for people to use when they are ready to schedule a meeting. Plus I can customize the link with my business name. And that's just using the free version. I will upgrade when it's time and I anticipate it being even better when I do.

Cons

Because I am not yet using this daily, I don't have any complaints about this tool as of yet. There are all kinds of little things I'm not even using yet and the price is right even to just try out the other features. What's not to like?

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

This was the first one I came across where I could add my own questionnaire and it's really quick to update my schedule before sharing my link if I need to do so. I like things to be fun to use/look at, easy to use and easy to integrate with other tools I use, and this does not fail me so I'm not planning to switch, even after my business goes to a new level.

Viktor from ProjectArmy, LLC

Best scheduling tool ever

Been using Acuity for several years (3+) and continue using it for schedule consulting meetings, strategy sessions, meetings with customers, etc. It would be a lot more difficult to run my business without Acuity. Sure there are other tools, but none of them compare to Acuity in easy of use and feature set. I could've gotten a lifetime deal for $50 to one of their competitor recently and save hundreds/thousands of dollars over the next few years, but it had terrible UI and wasn't worth it. Continue paying Acuity monthly, it's worth it.

Pros

It has everything you need for scheduling. It integrates seamlessly with my Google Calendar, so it pulls my availability from calendar and updates calendar with appointments when they get scheduled. Makes my life extremely easy. Plus, it sends out reminders to people - email and SMS - to make sure they show up for the meeting. I have multiple calendars for multiple things, all work well together with my Google Calendar. The scheduling page the users see to book an appointment is by far the best one out there. It's easy to use and understand what's going on. I don't like scheduling meetings with other people that use other scheduling tools, so convoluted.

Cons

Only thing that I thought would be nice that I haven't seen done yet is being able to specify a number of appointments available per week. So I have time available from 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri, so anyone can book an appointment. But I would like to limit bookings to 10 appointments per week, regardless what day/time they get booked. So after 10th appointment is booked, the whole week becomes unavailable. Other than this, everything works great.

Zach from Cornerstone Wealth Strategies

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros

We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are. Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so. Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons

We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with. Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location. Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

Luca from Creative Enabler

Love me some Acuity!

When I forged back out into the wild world of self-employment, managing my calendar was one of the more challenging tasks. My leads come from many places, including networking groups, social media, and referrals, and keeping track of prospective clients became a daunting bottleneck in growing my business. Potential customers rightfully have an expectation of getting in touch promptly before moving to contract, and the back-and-forth e-mail boogaloo was not a fun dance for anyone. I even hired an assistant for a short stint to manage my calendar but spent more time managing her then I did getting my calls scheduled and followed up on. Enter Acuity Scheduling (trumpet blast here)! Setting Acuity up was a snap for me, and because I know how to code, I was able to customize the look to mimic my website and serve as a branded landing page. Leads were able to schedule and reschedule themselves on discovery calls; New clients could gain access to my calendar to book time with me and complete needed paperwork. It has absolutely increased my revenue, fostered great communication with incoming and current clients, and saved me money on outsourcing the bulk of my administrative needs. The few snags I have run into were quickly addressed by their friendly team. I can't recommend them enough!

Pros

Ease of use, the ability for clients to schedule/reschedule without my help, ability to set up an e-mail automation after meeting has wrapped, custom confirmation and reminder e-mails, ability to adjust availability dependent on meeting type.

Cons

I wish we could customize the look and feel of each different custom scheduling link. Whatever look you settle on for your main link (usernamehere.as.me) becomes the standard look across all direct links (usernamehere.as.me/direct/) unless you embed the code into your website. I actually set up a second Acuity account so I could keep my "landing page" look for the first account. The way I am using it is totally unorthodox, however, and when I spoke with Acuity's team, they were even surprised in how I adapted their tool for my uses. The mobile app is also a little lacking. It doesn't have as much functionality as working with your account through a browser.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Sometimes its easier to let them schedule.

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. Theres been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldnt pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Pros

By far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I dont often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when Im free, and then put themselves in wherever its convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet dont want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.

Cons

Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that its overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. Its also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way Im not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.

Sarah from Five Stones Counseling Center

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Pros

I was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!

Cons

Well, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!

Steve from Music Launch Hub

The most functional and feature-packed calendar software

Pros

The developers seem to know what's happening in your world before any other calendar software seems to. I've tried a lot of them to find the perfect combo, and Acuity (even though I have a lifetime subscription to Book Like a Boss) has been my staple for 3+ years or maybe even more. The best thing about Acuity is its flexibility to adapt to your business, rather than forcing you to change your processes to suit it. If you want a subscription business that offers a certain amount of calls to your community each month, you can do that. If you wanted a storefront where people can buy and book as they please, you can do that. And all the little extra thoughts on the calendar, like blocking off time, and keeping only the right amount of appointments available, and adjusting your calendar availability quickly and easily. It's just so well thought out.

Cons

I would like to see their designs brought into the future a bit more. I find the storefront a bit dated and as such have always avoided using it even though it would have saved me a lot of time. I also find some of their extra-fancy features have unwanted side effects at times. For example, there is a genius new feature where Acuity will only let people book appointments next to each other, so you don't have big gaps in the day. However, for someone like me that has to have different blocks available for timezones, it confuses Acuity and thinks that things I want available shouldn't be. So occasionally with features, it's not quite as smart as you want it to be.

Grace from Brandeis Univerity

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

Pros

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Cons

The overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.

Shawn

Good for new... but quickly outgrow

For the record, I really like Acuity Scheduler - and while the customer service is only during the week, for the cost/value makes it understandable of why that is, and honestly - its never been a problem to wait to hear from someone till Monday. I have been using it for our studio for the past year. Started from scratch with very little capital to open our doors, and Acuity made it possible to be in the 21st century and keeping our schedule clear, and concise.

Pros

If you're a small new business, you can not go wrong with Acuity Scheduler! It is easy to get started, book appointments, make gift certificates, add in discounts, connect it to apps such as Quickbooks, MailChimp, Constant Contact - and many others. If your a wellness worker, THIS IS the only low cost small business scheduler that offers HIPPA compliance! Our clients like the view of the site, intigration tools and SEO markers for web sites - its all there!

Cons

There are going to be problems with every program - but having a small studio that we share, it would be nice to see a wait list for clients when we are totally booked out. I needed a program that was HIPPA compliant - which is why I went with Acuity - but the forms are chunky and hard to manage. Clients don't like the way that they read - and I know that they are long - but acuity makes them seem even longer - which equates in people only doing half of the health intake forms. Also, they limit how much you can put into a section. It would be nice to expand a section, make it a little longer to read, but a simple yes or no question at the end to make the document seem less lengthy. It is hard to make a change to an instructor if they have a sub come in to teach the class - while it does not happen all that often, attaching the proper instructor to the class at the last minute would be a great benefit so that the participants know who is teaching without having to pretty much re-write the schedule and re-book clients into the changed class. Better integration with our book-keeping system - while it transfers over fairly well - differentiating tips, the use of passes (Acuity uses 'codes' for passes) showing the discounts as line items would be extremely helpful.

Eric from BB West Driving School

Fairly Priced and Very Good Service with well-developed software | Acuity Scheduling.

How they won me over? Good Program AND Fast Service. Quick email replies with well-written explanations supported by a picture, video or animated screen capture. What else can you expect from Technical Support Team? It is all there. If you value your time. you don't need to search online anymore. Trust me. Sign up for their service and test it yourself; 14-day test period is absolutely free and FULLY supported by Acuity Scheduling staff. I have switched from paper daily planners to software back in 2012. As of the time of this review, it's been over 4 years and I have changed software providers 3 times. Well, actually 4 times - because I'm moving again! This time though it looks that I have found what I was looking for Acuity Scheduling. First, I have adopted installable software . It had good doc's to assist the installation, but the backup had to be done manually, through Windows file structure. Once during the process, something got corrupted and I could not recover from it. The company programmer was able to get most files back but not all. It crushed one more time after that, with corruption in password file. Decided to change. I switched to online booking system based out of UK. Software was really looking good at first, but turn out it was written in very messy design, difficult to set up and configuration of it took over 6 weeks to make it work the way I wanted. Changes were partially due to the UK English with a lot of British way of describing things. The cost wasn't bad. Shortly after I've renewed it for the next year and made the payment they refused to service me because.... I have asked too many questions. Yes, I received email that they don't want me as a customer any longer. They refunded my payment for the second year and cancel my account with 3 days warning. Next I have decided to try another online serviceAppointy. Program isn't to bad, but the service meh, - so-so. I had to deal with a salesman who was making it difficult, but then his manager (who I guess was monitoring the email exchanges), at 2 different occasions, he got involved and make things happen. I wasn't emotionally attached to them and started to look for alternatives. Found few options, tested 4, and decided to go with Acuity Scheduler. Acuity Scheduling gives me almost all that I need, but what I REALLY like, is the Most Responsive Service that I have ever had.

Pros

Quick support service - priceless! Unlimited customer intake form customization! Easy to use software. Clean design.

Cons

Could expend a bit more in customization to implement descriptions of repetitive tasks/procedures, that businesses perform for their customers. i.e. If gas station employee has to write about what he has done for every customer during his shift it would be beneficial for him to have a field that he can select saying; fill up gas tank or wash windshield or pomp all 4 tires.

Andy from My Local Libraries

Industry: Libraries

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons

No weekend support. Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

August 2016

E from Paw Valley Furry Friends

August 2016

It's All Handle with Acuity!

I use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!

Pros

My favorite feature about Acuity is the overall ease of use. It is not complicated to manage for someone who isn't too tech savvy. It has easy to understand instructions, modern and clean user-interface and even a little wit and personality thrown into the design, which makes this software completely unique. I know that anyone looking to manage their client appointments will be more than satisfied with the benefits and features that Acuity offers as I have referred several people including real estate agents, personal stylists, web designers, interior designers, pet sitters and business coaches. The platform is so flexible and so customizable that there really isn't anyone who can't use it for their business needs. There are even intake forms that can be individually assigned to an appointment type, which helps streamline my process of taking on new clients. I love the fact that I can create "Add-on" for specific appointment types if I want to offer an additional service, and the fact that I can hold a customer's credit card with or without charging. Like I said, there are numerous options! The last and most important benefit is that Acuity enables an easy embedding for your website so you can maintain a professional look while keeping your customers on your website.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I would like is to have intake forms that provide IFTTT, meaning that I could create questions that only show up if a user selects a specific response. The intake forms are great for the information that they do provide, but they could use a little upgrade in my opinion.

September 2015

Daniel from HD Pet Care

September 2015

Great software but lacking

Overall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

Response from Acuity Scheduling

Replied September 2015

Hi Daniel -- thanks for writing this review, and glad to hear that Acuity is perfect for you! Just a couple things to clarify... * Quite a bit can be changed with your colors, logo, and adding extra formatting all without CSS. That's just an extra bonus for especially techy people to totally revamp the look of their rescheduler. * You can also embed the scheduler directly into your website. That way people can stay on your domain and completely book their appointment from within your site instead of going off to Acuity. If you need a hand with that, our developers will even embed the scheduler into your website if you ask. * Scheduling more than one service: you can offer that with add-on services. Under Appointment Types head over to Add-Ons then you can set up which services can be booked with which other ones. For example, that can be used so if someone is booking a Haircut they can also add on Coloring and book both services at once.

Natasha from Date Gifting, LLC

Great Scheduling Service!

Acuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.

Pros

-I can embed my schedule on my website. -Acuity gives me a personal link per my schedule and/or per each service. I am able to send the direct link to clients. -It is easy to set-up, and Acuity allows for multiple calendars and multiple services. -I can group my services and offer add-ons for an additional cost. -Acuity sends reminders to my clients, confirmation emails, and a thank you note to my clients. -It syncs well with PayPal and Stripe to accept payment from external vendors. -It also allows me to make packages, gift certificates, and coupons to offer to clients. -Acuity is very customizable; I can input my logo and change the colors on my calendar to indicate certain services and times. -When clients book, I can include a form that I would like for them to complete before submitting the booking, which allows for me to ensure that they read my terms and conditions and to ensure that they are a great fit for my business. -The mobile app is just as great.

Cons

-The free subscriber options are limited. You will have to pay to get the full service, but you cannot pay to add-on single aspects of a service.

Tammi from Tammi O. Virtual Assistant

Functionality revamped - blows the others out of the water

I had previously been using Calendly when someone recommended Acuity for one of my clients. It allowed me to set up customized scheduling pages not just for 1 client but several of his managers as well. Then I created an In Take form for each appointment type that would sync with each manager's calendar so they would have all the information they needed during the call. I also customized the emails (including Confirmation, Cancellation, Reschedule and Reminder). Add a text reminder 1 hour prior to the scheduled appointment and it is just a great tool! I would also run weekly reports in Acuity to send to managers. I am sure I only used a fraction of the services offered in Acuity even though I paid for the very reasonably priced service, but it fulfilled the needs.

Pros

I love that I can set up a very detailed landing page and with a paid subscription have both email and text reminders automatically go out to clients (and have the option to have a reminder be sent to the owner of the calendar as well). Completely sync's with your calendar.

Cons

There is a little learning curve with this BUT it is absolutely worth it because of all the "bells and whistle's"

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The customization options including landing pages and reminders were a huge factor but then when I found I could have several appointment types and form types it was a hands down winner.

Sheryl from Beauty by Sheryl

Industry: Cosmetics

The best out there!

Overall, Ive been through so many different trials and softwares that I found this one to work best for my business. Also, communication with customer service was a breeze and received prompt responses for any issues and questions.

Pros

What I like most about acuity is that there are so many features that allow seamless productivity and communication between myself and clients. I also love the interface and how user friendly to set up the account. I went through so many different trials and found this one to have everything I needed plus more! What really made me make that switch from square appointments was how easy it was for me to sync my existing calendars to automatically block off any events I have scheduled to prevent over booking.

Cons

I feel the most improvement is the app however, I can easily use the Mobile version site that I can use all the full features it offers.

Reena from Reena Davis Yoga & Wellness

Acuity is the best!

My experience over the years has been excellent. Whenever I have questions about how to use various tools I get very friendly and very quick replies.

Pros

I love the flexibility it offers. I can schedule both classes and individual appointments, have separate calendars for each type if I want and have automatic reminders and more. The price is fantastic, especially when I compare it to the usual fitness/yoga studio software.

Cons

I think the only thing I don't like is that there's no customer app.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The price is a big factor for me. I started with the free version, moved to the Emerging entrepreneur when I decided to schedule classes through Acuity as well. I just upgraded once again so I can have separate calendars for my coaching and yoga/fitness classes. I find it does just about everything that Mindbody does (actually it does some things better) without the huge price tag that isn't reasonable for a little business like mine.

Bhavesh from The Indraksh Guild

Acuity has Helped my Business Grow and is a vital part of our Business Process

We are a small consulting practice, and have been working with Acuity for quite a few years now, before that we had experimented with Supersaas etc .., but nothing came close to this solution. It has literally transformed our business - before there was a lot of back and forth with phone calls and SMS etc, and pen and paper based scheduling and cancelling had a cascade of problems. We are so thankful to Acuity - it has taken out the Pain of Scheduling - and akin to having a secretary 24*7, we have been able to focus on our business, nationally and internationally. The Free Plan is Great (Please don't ever take it out !!! ) - the Clients are very appreciative with the features and ease of booking. Please keep up the good work.

Pros

Highly Customizable, and we are also able to have better control on the Time Slots allocated, blocking off days and times, intake forms help a lot, lot of flexibility built in, constant updates on new features, and also constantly evolving and getting better. Lots of tools to integrate with our website and options for different calendars, Buffer time slots, ability to give more comps to customers, Decent Customer Management. Time Zone Ca lenders etc

Cons

(For India) - Price Barrier (Converting to our Currency), Not being able to integrate payments for Indian Businesses. Could have better Customer Management - such as dash boards, assigning customers to groups, business or time spent per customer or based on type of appointments etc. (Some thing like Toggl). Multi Lingual Support for few Basic Indian Languages would help us out more.

keshauna from Dreams Nail Lounge

Industry: Cosmetics

On The Edge

overall, im about 75% happy with acuity so far and i will continue to look for better ways to advance my business! (by the way)i am still trying to find text alerts for new appointments. so i can be notified when someone books.

Pros

what brought me to acuity was the flexibility in the client view. being able to categorize and organize services was extremely important to me! also the simplicity of the client view makes it very easy for my clients to quickly pick what they want and get scheduled in faster.

Cons

two things i really really did not like about acuity. #1: no customer service: i emailed customer service when i first began about how confusing the admin (set-up) screens are. (i guess you are trying to update the interface, it still is horrendous either view i use) the rep emailed me back and simple stated (in a nutshell) acuity isnt for every business so you can cancel before your trial. like this is my business and my clients! and i can not afford to switch back and forth between sites. if i have a problem or a question i would hope to have a customer advisor who will go the endless mile to make sure my business needs are met (one big reason i will miss squareup PHONE customer service) you feel so much more comfortable when your talking to a live agent! now i read where it stated you were trying to keep cost down and blah blah but come on these are NOT personal schedules these are BUSINESSES! and we sincerely need that level of communication to be successful. (chat, call me back.. ANYTHING!) i also thought having the paid advisors (all of which start out at 100/hr for a phone call) was just an insult to the face especially when most issues stem from your site. (i am still learning acuity and i will keep trying to navigate it best myself but im not sure i would advise businesses similar to myself to use your interface unless they are tech savvy, independent, and established. #2: the look of the interface (admin view)

Tessa from Lift Your Spirit with Tessa van Keeken

Powerful scheduling app with many features

It took a little bit of getting used to, and the help section was not very intuitive, but once I understood how everything worked it was a fantastic app. The only thing that let it down for me was that some functionalities that are advertised don't work in all regions (such as certain integrations not being compliant with GDPR regulations in the EU).

Pros

+ Professional looking scheduling pages + Great functionality and features for all appointment types and scheduling needs + Easy integration with social media

Cons

- Backend interface is a bit chaotic and complicated to get used to - Mailchimp integration does not work with GDPR

Scott from Scott Steinlage

How to book clients without loosing time, energy or money.

If you are looking for a quality scheduling SAAS that won't let you down and works just as hard as you. And has all the features/integrations you could possibly need. You can't go wrong with Acuity Scheduling.

Pros

For 2+ years I was a coach for one of the fastest growing, non vc backed, internet marketing SAAS companies in the world. I used Acuity Scheduling on a daily basis. It made my job that much easier. It saved me time, effort and overall made me more money. When I was booked with clients I was working. And when I was working I was making money. Acuity allowed me to easily have my clients schedule themselves into my availability and schedule a zoom meeting with them all in a simple to use platform for both myself and my client. Overall Acuity has been there through over 200+ 5-8 week coaching programs and we never had any major issues. I have now left my "9-5" and started my own journey in the entrepreneurial world. And of course I will be using Acuity Scheduling for my scheduling needs.

Cons

The one thing that I can think of that could be potentially problematic and could be improved upon is that I am currently not aware of a way to block a client from rescheduling. It would be nice to be able to block them after X reschedules. Or something to that extent. But this would not stop me from using Acuity. It is just to valuable of a tool.

Lucy from Lucy Stratton

For use as a yoga teacher

Some of my clients have found it quite difficult to use, however this is usually for older students, so I feel they might not be very good with technology in general. As a new yoga teacher I have found it quite expensive starting out but the customer service has been so lovely and patient with me through this learning process that it is worth it in the long run

Pros

It saves you time liaising with students with regards to setting up classes, payments and appointments And you can tailor so many parts to looks wise to blend in with your website and brand The customer service is brilliant

Cons

It has so many things that you can do, some I dont need and some I could use if I knew about them, that it would have been greet if I could have talked to someone on the phone to explain what I needed it for and to then be shown how to do it.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I am only a single person trying to manage my students booking in for classes that I arrange for myself, as I do not live in a city, so there are no dedicated studios. As a result acuity offers the best for what I am trying to achieve without being the most expensive They are also the main scheduling system for Squarespace, who I have my website with

Sarah from Firebird Healing Arts

I love Acuity!

Pros

Acuity is fantastic! It is intuitive, easy to use, and there are so many settings that cover a wide range of needs. I love how customizable it is, everything from the appointment options, automated reminders, confirmation / intake emails, to the payment options and interface you can customize with your branding. I also love how responsive the customer care team is. They are nice, funny, and have even implemented some new features that I (+ others) have requested, and updated me when the new features went live.

Cons

It does take some time to set up initially if you want a lot of custom options. It might not be the easiest to navigate for those who aren't tech-able. But, if you just want a simple set up, or don't mind taking the time to create exactly what you want, it should be fine!

Micah from Heal Well with Micah

Easy to Set-Up, Great for Solo-preneurs

One of the reasons why I tried Acuity is because I wanted to have freedom and flexibility in terms of scheduling my appointments. Because of Acuity, I see myself no longer constantly tied to my phone checking appointment requests in my several messaging apps. It saves me time, its more efficient, and because of it, I can have more immersive and relaxing vacations and weekends too.

Pros

Ive been testing several scheduling softwares for my wellness business and I found the ease and flexibility I was looking for in Acuity. Im familiar with Acuity because of the experience it gave me when I signed up for workshops through Acuity Scheduling. Now that I need a scheduling software for my own business, I tried setting up other calendars like Calend.ly or 10to8. For me, Acuity was the most accessible and its highly customisable too. It has the flexibility I need as a wellness practitioner who does both in person and remote consultations, as well as one on one and group sessions. You can easily input your product offers, terms/policies, and necessary scheduling buffers in between appointments through it. Its very easy to customize and I appreciate that their plans are flexible: I can upgrade or downgrade anytime. Its easy on the eyes and pricing isnt that bad too.

Cons

For those who arent very techie, setting it up can seem overwhelming at first. But just give it time and youll get the hang of it. Elements are easy to edit.

Judith from Kyokan Connections

Made my scheduling SO easy!

I used to spend so much time with back and forth discussions (either on the phone, by text or emails) with clients trying to find dates/times that worked for them...and me! The back and forth often led to me booking more clients per day than I really wanted to and would be tired the next day. This gives clients clear information as to when I am available (once I have set limits on my availability) and not only saves me time, but so much energy too! It's also GREAT that it links to my google calendar so my personal and professional life is all organized in one place and I don't have the panic of having double-booked myself!

Pros

The versatility and options for customizing my schedule is so helpful - everything from variable lengths of time for different types of appointments; different availability for different appointment types; setting time buffers before and after specific types of appointments; setting different locations for different types of appointments; offering clarity as to the price of the appointment (especially when they vary by type; and setting limits for the number of appointments per day and/or the amount of work time spent per day is just amazing! AND, putting all that online so my clients can schedule directly has saved me so much time and energy and has made it so easy to run that intake end of my practice. I am literally saving hours a week!

Cons

Nothing! It really has been a very helpful tool to organize my practice and keep my time focused on client work instead of scheduling conversations...

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I didn't look at others because my colleague had given me such a positive review on her experience with Acuity Scheduling and her website looked so professional!

Erica from Erica L Bunker Coaching

The Most Bang For Your Buck

Really, this is the absolute best scheduling software out there. I have tried several of them and I always come back to Acuity Scheduling. It has everything that you need in order to schedule, update, take payment, meet virtually, etc. Really, there is nothing bad to say about this software and I would recommend it to anyone over all of the others.

Pros

-Multiple integrations -Multi Calendar Sync -Can block off time across the board without having to go into each different scheduling option -Can show specific booking types to specific groups (i.e. from Facebook only so you know where they came from vs your website) -I work with clients on health and wellness issues and I can have them complete their intake form before I ever meet with them -You can set up multiple online meeting spaces within the software instead of having to post a link in the description of the appointment -You can see your entire calendar of appointments on the home screen as apposed to another software that you have to look out your linked calendar for the information or go into each appointment type

Cons

-The navigation takes a bit of getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's easy to maneuver

Heidy from Glow by Heidy

Great for estheticians

Has been great so far, though I haven't used it with my clients yet.

Pros

I love all the features it offers and the polished look. I like that you can have categories to make things look cleaner, as well as change the colors to customize! There are many features I love such as packages, ability to add tipping when booking, private booking links and son on! And it is pretty easy to use so far. Customer service has been great so far as well. Not perfect but the best booking site I have ever used. Intake forms and notes options are amazing bonuses!

Cons

Could be a little easier to add services (like a + button or something) and you should be able to transfer them if you're using another website!

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Square had no categories....mess. But it is free for solo users, that's great. Wix is harder to use.

NICOLE from Nicola Bartleet Photography

ACUITY SCHEDULING SOFTWARE IS A GAME CHANGER FOR MY BUSINESS

Overall the benefits are absolutely huge. I am not the most organised person naturally, and also find it exhausting doing all the one on oner scheduling and the endless phone calls. Acuity takes all that out of the occasion and immediately informs me on my phone if there is a booking. It integrates with so many other progrannes that i need to use to run a successful business. I am fairly new to Acuity, but after researching Acuity it is a must have for me. I am totally excited about how much time I can save and love the professionalism and seamless user experience for the client

Pros

I have recently started using Click Funnels to help market my photography. I also have another business as a Life Coach, so I needed something powerful and user friendly for me to manage all the appointments. I had originally trialled Calendly, but felt frustrated by some of its limitations. I also just finished rebranding on a premium Wix website and love the way you can seamlessly embed Acuity into my site. Once you have it set up, you are then able to enjoy some fantastic time saving features where there's no toing and froing with clients on the phone and many other automations that are huge timers. I absolutely love the way Acuity works with you to help an emerging business block out periods of time as you build up your clientele. This makes you look busier than you are and prospective clients think you are busy and in demand.

Cons

Initially it was a bit of a learning curve for me to set up, but it starts to make sense quite quickly. I had a fairly detailed set up, including all my different services and also making sure i embedded my terms and conditions that had to be ticked off before booking. It is also reasonably priced for what it offers, but annoyingly our Australian dollar is so weak at the moment that i couldn't pay a year in advance and save. At least that option is available as your business grows.

July 2016

Alexander from Proud Thai Massage

July 2016

Acuity Scheduling is ALMOST good; so it sucks

Web developer recommended this software as good and as one that integrates with QuickBooks Online and Authorize.net credit cards. To the best of his ability he was correct. Boy, was he sorry that he believed these integrations to be implemented. The time he has spent trying to make this work has certainly made my project a money loser for him. So lets get started with the problems. The credit card for on-line booking sends out a transaction. Fine. There is an option for the customer to leave a tip. If they do, the fun starts. The entire charge goes out to Authorize.net; Acuity reports that the transaction was for more than the massage cost and that the overage is a tip. BUT Acuity sends Quickbooks a transaction for just the cost of the massage! So they misreport the transaction to my accounting software and, therefore, cook my books. I then have to go back to the Acuity record, create an invoice in Quickbooks and receive the the money. So the entire automation procedure is essentially worthless. I just want the entire transaction to come over to Quickbooks; I will gladly call the overage a tip in a split transaction. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (2) The email notification to the therapist about a scheduled massage gives the therapist the email and phone of the client; I do not want to broadcast this info and want to control what information from the client goes to the therapist. Privacy issues abound. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (3) The intake form sucks. Massage intake forms need drawing areas to highlight "avoid" and "focus". All clients expect this and are comfortable with this. Some clients can't even describe the area where they do or don't want work. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (4) The menu of services cannot be customized. The look is clinical, blah, and confusing. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (5) Acuity is a double booking nightmare! Hard to describe but here goes. Therapist A does single massages and also Therapist A is part of a team for couples massage. Her team can block off time in Therapist B's presence in the team. But Therapist A & B are considered different therapists as individuals. So there is no way to have Therapist A be booked for a couples massage and show on the schedule as to unavailable for an individual massage! Acuity support has no intention of fixing this.

Pros

Good interface; available on a variety of platforms. Almost does everything well.

Cons

Smiley face options for support mood! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Brain dead support vision and zero "we'll get right on it" attitude.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,825 reviews