All Boulevard Reviews

Reviewed July 2023

Boulevard Saved Our Business

Kim

Reviewed September 2021

Boulevard: bang for your buck that keeps on growing

Boulevard has been overall incredibly beneficial to our business. It’s combined more than one program that we were using before for less than the cost, and gave us many new added features.

PROS

Coming from using a combination of Rosy for salon scheduling and booking, Zingle for text messaging, and a third party payment processor, finding boulevard and finding out that all of these features were built in was a no brained. The system is colorful and aesthetically pleasing, the the customer support team is usually quick to answer and assist any comments, questions, or concerns. The dev team regularly adds new, requested features. The mobile app has been great for our staff to keep track of their days and know when their clients have arrived or booked keeps them on track.

CONS

Some features that we are waiting on for boulevard to implement feel like they should’ve been included with the base software, such as letting staff see their tips on the mobile app. Sometimes customer support just doesn’t get the problem you are having, and it feels like you’re explaining it over and over. The software has yet to be down, but sometimes the POS has moments of glitchy-ness. Inventory control could use a little clarification and could be streamlined.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Boulevard’s demo sealed the deal. It checked all the boxes.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

It was a cheaper option to switch to boulevard, and it allowed us to use the same phone number we had for our landline for our text number as opposed to a different number via zingle. Rosy was also outdated and customer support was severely lacking.

Benjamin

Reviewed October 2022

Boulevard is the best salon software I have come accross

Boulevard has cut my call volume down by about 30% with online booking and texting. This has made staffing our desk easier and less stressful. The software has been very solidly reliable with only one notable outage in two years (and that was a major outage impacting a large swath of the internet).

PROS

The online booking and integrated texting are killer features. We will never have software without this. The transition from our old software was extremely well managed with little input required from me. The appointment search and schedule optimization were game changers for our scheduling. We can spend far less time manually hunting for appointments, and trust that our schedule will be decently well optimized without our intervention.

CONS

There are some features like advanced reporting that are still lacking. Boulevard does make continuous improvements and work with feedback from users to decide on the roadmap forward which is much appreciated. I would like more customization options in the software for scheduling, resource usage, etc... but overall I have found solutions using the tools that exist in Boulevard.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

We liked the integrated texting, schedule search features, and overall flow of the software better.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

We needed updated features like online booking, and the appointment search feature that Daysmart didn't offer. The cloud base was also nice so we didn't have to invest in so much infrastructure on our end.

Kitae

Reviewed February 2022

If you like to pay through the eyes for expensive software that isn't very intuitive, by all means

Horrible. Costs too much for the subscription and their system is not very intuitive. It takes few extra steps to do anything in the system. Extra steps create a lot of places where mistakes can be made, especially when it comes to scheduling.

PROS

It is generally easy to learn out of the box, however there is definitely learning involved.

CONS

The POS system is a joke and they force you to utilize them as a Merchant Processesor. Their rates are competitive with other premier solutions like Square, but they literally give you a $0.50 magnetic card swiper from China to process the payments. The alternative is to buy a glorified card reader for $150 (literally a block that is a glorified magnetic card swiper) that interfaces with your iPad through Bluetooth. If you have every used Bluetooth technology on your phone, you know how horribly unreliable that it can be. If the device times out when you're taking payment, be prepared to ask your clients to wait while you spend 5-10 minutes making sure that the devices are back on line. The

Reason for choosing Boulevard

They had a good sales pitch and the sales guy did a good job of putting his hook into me. Also, I finally got too fed up with Booker's glitches.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Booker was good, but ever since they got acquired by MindBody, it has been the bastard step-child acquisition that no one cares about. Full of glitches and down all the time.

Katherine

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Stewart Palmer Salon and Spa

PROS

It's really easy to train new employees, the software is very user friendly. Great support when anyone has questions and people are always kind even when we might ask a stupid question. I really like implementation and having face to face meetings. It was very personal and I've never had a software company do that.

CONS

Having the ability to set the swipe as the default card payment would be helpful. Checking out with phones and having the ability for the guest to leave a gratuity as well. I really can't think of any cons. I've loved it and recommended it to fellow salon owners and salon consulting companies.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Boulevard was simple, met my needs, great price point, and great sales team. Also the confetti on the web page after purchasing was a nice touch. :)

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

I did a loooooong time ago for another salon I own. Envision is the worst. I checked out three software companies and Boulevard met my needs the most and the sales team was fantastic.

Reviewed September 2021

Overall a Great System with focus on technology improvements.

I have to say the cost and the simplicity of the system is the part I like most. I really enjoy how easy this system is to use and the technology behind the system. The new Duo credit card reader is great except it would have been nice if it would have had a Magswipe to it as well.

PROS

I do have to say Boulevard is a very simple and easy system to use with a lot of power behind it to stand next to some of the bigger more popular booking software available. Another perk is the benefit of having the credit card processing with Boulevard and not an additional expense.

CONS

There are a few glitches such as selecting a date in the future you need to be in calendar mode instead of Front Desk Mode. Another annoying feature is the multiple clicks of confirming to book an appointment. I feel that is a waste of time. I will also say that it would be helpful if the system would send a text message to the client during the booking instead of only an email. As a stylist I will receive a text message of the newly booked appointment but not the client. Their app is not a very user friendly app for management.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Cost and the overall look just was more user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Booker just became more expensive every time and we had issues with the system crashing often.

Rachel

So happy with Boulevard!

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

PROS

I LOVE the customer service. Your team is so accessible and on top of things anytime I've had a concern. Thank you so much. I know I'm one of the first users - I am so grateful you let me stay on. As a close second, I like the look of the design and the way it integrates with my existing site. The style and functionality together are unlike anything I've seen. It gives my booking interface a sophisticated look that aligns with my brand. I have nothing but positive things to say about you all!

CONS

There are times when the software doesn't sync well with my google calendar. In particular, my google cal events don't show on the Boulevard calendar. There were a few occasions where I was double-booked. But I have been double-checking those on a regular basis to avoid that from happening again.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

The personal connections, the customer service, and the overall look/style of the site. It is better than anything out there I've seen.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

One of the Boulevard employees is a friend of mine. It was word of mouth.

Molly

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Happy, Happy, Happy BLVD 4-lifer Customer

I love that I don't have to worry about double bookings etc so we are able to give our clients the best customer service without losing that personal touch. It's fast at booking clients so I love that there isn't a lot of down time on the phone

PROS

There isn't enough time to discuss all that I love about this software. I love that the checkout page includes a gratuity line so our team doesn't have to ask 'would you like to leave gratuity for your artist' tacky! I love the cash drawer feature - helps to maintain an accurate cash drawer during the day. Inventory functionality is great. The reports are abundant and extremely powerful to help you keep track of running your business The checkout / reception page is ridiculously cool and informative I love that the help team is fast and ready to assist as much as they currently can The communications is great - you know when your clients, book when they arrive, when they check out, and when they cancel. Customization and team permissions are abundant.

CONS

I feel like because it's new some things are still being worked out. New like within the past few years. I do like how the customer service and help chat team are fast to respond to issues. I do not feel like the app fits this software! It is so forward and the app is just mundane. I hope more work and effort goes into it like being able to shrink down the size on the screen to show the whole day or all team members and also being able to book an appt within the client tab (Rather than only through the calendar tab). We did not have a great experience with duo - so I am hoping that gets worked out and we can try again in the near future. I'd love to be able to have a push notification when a client simply reschedules her appt - that way you're not chasing down the front desk to figure out what happened to xx on Monday at xx and why her appt is gone. Need better communication with regards to the disputes. During the process is pretty much radio silence.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

I liked the customer service I received as well as it's ease of function. I also preferred it's esthetic and the check out reception page is second to none! The reports were similar to what I needed and I was excited to show my team so that's how I knew I liked it!

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

These were all lacking something that I needed most - mainly reporting. I didn't care for Meevo as I believe our rep was not the best - customer service is extremely important to me.

Alicia

Boulevard is Awesome

Overall my experience has been pretty great. Such a positive change from Mindbody. I just wished I switched sooner!

PROS

Is it so easy to check clients out! It is so easy for people to schedule online. We switched from Mindbody, and for our massage therapy studio, it is so much more intuitive and easy to take payments without mistakes. Scheduling calendar is easy to use. The Messaging system is so amazing. We text our clients all of the time now and all conversations show under their profile! Online booking is super easy for Clients and guarantees Credit Cards captured to prevent no shows. One of the biggest things I love is customer support. I have a dedicated partner manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that I can contact. She has been absolutely incredible, supportive, and helpful through this whole process. I also have access to a support team that actually knows about the software and helps me learn or troubleshoot. I love that you can book an appt while staying on our website, and the page never has to refresh for online booking and each step of the payment window.

CONS

Not being able to purchase services online or in the app, the app needs more functionality for sure. They have a bunch of new features they are working on that will be rolled out soon, however. They also need better payroll reporting features for paying other than commission. They are also bringing out better online booking smart booking to limit gaps, so that is something I am excited to use in January.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Because of the ease of scheduling, the optimization, the ability to connect client forms, the look and feel of the software, the support team and dedicated partner manager, the ability to suggest features, (they seem to be adding more and better features all of the time), the screen doesn't have to refresh over and over to check out, signing for tips so the client can select a tip, the messaging system, memberships that can auto discount, easy to see appointment notes and info about the client in the same screen as the schedule, and the front desk view is awesome as well.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mindbody is awful. It isn't set up for massage therapy appointments and schedule optimization. Client forms are not easy with that system. Their hardware is so expensive and never lasts more than a year. Payment mistakes all the time, problems with memberships and paying for add ons, and no customer support. And if you do call in and wait all day for a callback, they don't seem to know the answers to my questions.

Elyse

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Happy we made the switch to Boulevard

Overall I am happy with Boulevard. Again, I was told some things upon signing up that were untrue, so that did make a bad first impression. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved the day as best she could. I am still waiting for hopefully new features in the program to make it easier as a business owner to use, as well as easier for clients and my receptionists to make less errors booking.

PROS

Boulevard is very user friendly. We used to have Mindbody software and are very happy we made the switch. The onboarding process was a little rocky, as there was some misinformation given to me, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and attentive helping me figure everything out. The consumer online booking looks sleek and is easy to use.

CONS

There seems to still be some kinks with online booking, I wish it smart booked better. It also is easy to book a staff member a service they don't perform. The sales reports include tax & tip, I wish there was a way to see our true sales without having to get out a calculator and do it myself. I also was told Mailchimp was included in the high monthly price, however, I have to pay almost $200 more a month for Mailchimp on top of the Boulevard price.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

It seemed user friendly and I liked the online booking and smart booking option (which ended up being false information, so yes...i was very bummed to realize that one of the reasons I switched was not a reality)

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mindbody customer service was awful. I disliked there online booking platform.

Jocelyn

Reviewed December 2020

Wonderful for spas and salons

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

PROS

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

CONS

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Initially we chose boulevard because of the payment processor, we didnt want to use square anymore and appreciated the ease of having the processing in one location with the scheduling. However, we are now switching to acuity for financial reasons and because their forms and follow up email automations are more inline with our needs.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Needed a better payment processor and scheduling that included forms.

Brad

Reviewed September 2021

Happy we switched to Boulevard. Never looked back.

Great experience. Switched from A major competitor, and we have not looked back. Everything is easier and they are willing to work with us.

PROS

The ease of using for our team. The intuitiveness of it, which results in less time having to train new employees. Allows for a better operational flow within the business.

CONS

Waiver forms to be utilized to be tied into the system. Example, Joe comes in, fills out a waiver, and all his information auto populates into his profile. Also, if there was an app or something for easier signing up for appointments for clients.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

There were a few details we preferred. Also, the personal touches boulevard had and not the “big corporate” feel of it all with the other company.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

They were not customizable to our needs.

Kristi

Reviewed August 2021

If you are not using Boulevard, you're doing it wrong!

Loved everything, from the set up (they are very hands on, unlike Vagaro) to the demo and the customer service! All amazing.

PROS

After using Mindbody, Vagaro and Bewe we noticed that on the salon end you can not tell if a customer chose a specific employee for there services. Boulevard has a feature that any client who books online with a chosen employee they request will show up with a heart icon for the appointment on our end. THIS IS SO DIFFICULT for a Nail Salon especially with new clients daily. The appointment reminders are by text and email at time of booking the appointment and 48 hours before (I believe these are customizable). The clients can text you to cancel (reduces phone calls). You can also see the exact times the clients confirmed by either text or email (this helps

CONS

I wouldn't even say this is a Con because they are constantly updating and adding new features, but most softwares are catered towards Hair Salons/Barber Shops we would love for more customization for Nail Salons. For example: Hair Salons have "Processing Times" where the employee is free for 20 or so minutes. We would love a "Soaking Time" for manicures that require a soak off before the start of the service.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mindbody has a very old school look still, customer service was not good, pricing was sooo high. Vagaro appointments made online we couldn't tell who they were requested with, their appointment calendar was a lot more difficult to use. The late cancelation/ no show charging was not easy.

Nhu

Retail, 11-50 employees

y

Overall has been great because of the customer support. BLVD doesn't have all our needs met for our unique salon business (no software does and we dont expect anything to be perfect), but the customer support has been above and beyond in helping us find ways to lighten our load or another way to navigate.

PROS

User-friendly. Easy to navigate. Modern asthetics. Quick navigation for the most part. Quick and friendly customer support.

CONS

1. We wish we could customize some of our client communication via email or text. 2. We wish that guest booking would send a message to the person booking to confirm they booked without attaching emails to each profile. There should be a auto reply of booking when booking for guests as well. 3. wish we could export product information instead of manually entering in each product. 4. Product fields are not saveable and we need to re-enter. Leads room for error of misspelling and creating duplicates. 5. wish we can make changes easier to both locations.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Salon Iris does not offer online booking...

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mytime had atleast 1 issue a day that disrupted our business. We spent hours fixing or trouble shooting the issues. Inventory reporting was often faulty.

Jodi

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Very customizable

So far it's been going well. We have been using Boulevard for over a year and it's leaps and bounds better than our previous booking software. It's customizable and continually updating.

PROS

That is has all the features we need in one app. Online booking, retail, POS, texting, marketing, sales tracking, inventory...It does it all!

CONS

It's very easy to double book, overbook or book a service provider out of their availability.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Was pleased with the response to my inquire, and the continued support we received during the decision process

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Booker was not very user friendly. It had very limited capabilities with what you could do. We needed a separate marketing suite and separate way to text with clients. That was cumbersome and time consuming

Whitney

Reviewed August 2020

Wish we switched sooner

Never thought I could love software!

PROS

Boulevard is incredible. Everything is so easy to use. The functionality saves so much time and my staff actually love it.

CONS

Really wish I found Boulevard sooner. Not sure how I didnt know they existed!

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Other softwares didnt seem nearly as nice or streamlined, their sales people were rude or they never got back to me.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

My previous solution was way too hard to use. It kept going down and my staff and clients hated it.

Francisco

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Fantastic!

Overall its been pretty pleasant. We were using Booker before and since transferring to Boulevard, it's been great. Everything has been relatively easy to learn and easy to train with other people. I feel like I learn something new like every week haha.

PROS

I love the ease of the tabs and being able to just read what is what and where to go. Theres no guessing on where you need to go in order to do what you need to do. Everything is very user friendly. It would be really hard to mess something up.

CONS

I dont like that you're not able to just stretch appointments by grabbing the appointment. You should be able to grab the bottom of the appointment and stretch it, instead of having to do an extra step, going into "Edit Appointment" and changing the time length. Also the "Week" view doesnt work if theres more then four barbers on your screen, that should be changed. There also should be some sort of Apple Pay option with Boulevard, its 2020 going into 2021 :)

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Im not sure why they made the switch as it was the companys top people that made the switch.

Tanner