All Findmyshift Reviews

1-25 of 1,007 Reviews

Tony

Reviewed November 2017

Simple to use, easily accessible

PROS

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

CONS

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Replied November 2017

Ian

Reviewed March 2018

Easy to use, with information clearly displayed. Great access across all devices.

A much clearer and more accurate view of staff work times, leave. Easier to track absenteeism and manage via the reports available. Simple to use and a time saver when planning rosters and staff leave.

PROS

Initial set-up was easy and the instructions to do so clear. The rosters can be set to cover a wide range of duty shifts, daily and weekly. The roster template set-up was simple and it is extremely easy to transfer to the Overview for use. Changes to the roster for holidays, rostered time off, sick leave etc. is very simple and can be added directly into the Overview. The reports available are clear and full and very good for Management purposes. The time clock log-in and log out is quick and simple.

CONS

The inability to select several staff members when adding time off, especially Statutory Holidays when not all staff have the time off on that day. Even though this may be done directly in the Overview it would be quicker and easier to do as a once only action in the Add Time Off function.

Thanks for the review Ian!

Replied March 2018

Jacqui

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use, very accessible roster system.

Very positive - have been using it for 13yrs across 2 different businesses.

PROS

Being able to click & drag copy shifts, copy/paste even on mobile version for ease of scheduling / making changes. Ability to send message to all or selected employees.

CONS

Nothing I can think off - there are a lot of functions we don't take advantage of due to other circumstances.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Basic and serviceable rota system

Overall, I find the entire system to be challenging, both for the company and the employee.

PROS

The customer service is super quick to respond via chat and is always a person, which is very helpful. Usually they can resolve the issue or I can figure out quickly that it's not possible to resolve the issue due to the limitations of the platform. It's also inexpensive compared to other rota systems we've looked at, so I suppose I would say it's value for money. However, I believe you are paying for what you get - a very basic and clunky rota system that is serviceable but not necessarily quality.

CONS

The pros listed above are the only two things I like about FMS, so that basically means the cons are everything else. I don't find it to be user friendly for the employee - meaning it is difficult to see your shift pattern, apply for available shifts. The mobile app is unusable and we have to tell employees to use the desktop site at all times, which many find annoying. There's also no way to advertise available shifts in the facility view, only via staff view which I find very strange. We don't use it for timekeeping because there's no function for staff to 'check in' like on other rota systems. We also can't use it for payroll because we have staff working at more than one pay rate, and to adjust this and make exceptions has to be done staff member by staff member. Perhaps it's not only FMS's limitations but the way we build our rota system - I will be upfront that I did not built the rota system, rather inherited it from previous managers.

Samantha

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Simple and practical

PROS

Findmyshift is an easy-to-use platform that keeps my Team in the know about when they are expected to be at work. That's all we need it for, and it works perfectly.

CONS

The communication tools are not very sophisticated (we've used Deputy previously and it was a bit more swish), but we don't need much more than Findmyshift offers.

Reasons for switching to Findmyshift

It was just too expensive when they rolled out a new pricing structure.

Kelsey

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Simplified Staff Management

PROS

Love the time clock feature for accurately tracking hours worked and calculating payroll hours. Making schedules is quick and easy, and our employees appreciate that they get instant notifications when changes are made, and that they can check their schedules from anywhere.

CONS

Only minor irritation is that the time clock feature we use on a tablet sometimes signs out the administrator account and staff miss clocking in as a result, so we still occasionally have to track hours on paper. It would be great if the administrator received some kind of notification that the time clock has been logged out so we can fix it before an employee alerts us.

Teresa

Reviewed April 2024

Staff find it easy to use

Very happy to recommend - it helps for all staff to see who else is working or away.

PROS

Staff rosters changing often in hospo, so its good to see who is working etc.

CONS

Limited number of logins to be able to change rosters remotely or from the phone.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Lots of staff had used it before. They liked that there is an app on their phones.

Timothy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Easy to use and affordable

PROS

Findmyshift is very easy to use. Most of the time, I only have to copy and paste the schedule, but changes are also easy to make. My employees can also use an app and get easy updates.

CONS

The calendar organization throws me off now and again.

Price

Tony

Reviewed May 2024

Our honest opinions

overall very good but we didnt know about lots of things until we started looking around. the company sells it but doesn't really support the sale until you have a problem

PROS

Its easy to share and communicate outwards

CONS

difficult to find things without going to support

Georgina

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Great for busy employers

This is a great tool to help with day to day task of scheduling staff, it does exactly what I wanted and staff are able to request holidays and see their shifts easily

PROS

Staff are able to see their shifts, no print out of rota's required Being able to repeat weekly rota's without having to repeat typing

CONS

That staff are not able to make changes to their shifts or see that other staff are on holiday

Tianna

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Over love Find My Shift

Love find my shift. Makes everything easier

PROS

I love the connivence of find my shift, and the hands on functions it offers.

CONS

Not knowing all the functions i can know. I would like for there to be a tutorial option.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Its an app that everyone loves and easy to download and easy to understand.

brenda

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Best addition to any business !

We have used Fingerpick My Shift for several years, no hesitation to keep renewing.

PROS

Love the ease of scheduling shifts and for staff to request leave. Permissions allow you to streamline your scheduling options to your company needs.

CONS

No consolidation in reports in the hours section. When entering information into the notes section in employee details, when you update profile the information can sometimes disappear from the notes.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

It was down to price and overall Find My Shift had what we needed.

Jerome

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Hannah Marys Shop

PROS

The fact that it is so user friendly and easy to access on the go and out of the office with the app!

CONS

It would be great if there was a feature that you could block off days so that employees cant book them off!

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Cost was the main factor on our decision to purchase Findmyshift!

Wolfgang

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Decent and easy to use solution for flexible shift planning

It solved our problem immediately, and employees get along with it from the start. For me as an admin, I have found out how the inputting works mostly through trial and error, which was not always intuitive. I think the system is more easy for end-users than for the admin to learn.

PROS

The software has considerable ease of use, and solved our flexible planning needs immediately. It is visually very intuitive, and I think our employees simply like the system.

CONS

I think / know that there are so many more features of the software that I - if at all- discover by accident. The switching between facility view and employee view should be intuitive as well, however, I regularly fail to input elements that work on both representations - I've therefore resorted to using facility view exclusively. I get the impression I'm using merely some 5% of the systems capabilities.

Reason for choosing Findmyshift

Pricing, as I had virtually no experience what we needed, and what is out there. Initially, it was about not making a costly mistake, but FindMyShift looks to be a good choice regardless.

Grace

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

We have been using this website for a few years for our busy cafe/bar, a great site!

PROS

Easy to use and set up. All of the staff find it a lot easier to log in and check shifts than rely on printouts. It makes it a lot easier to make up rotas when you can see a couple of weeks at a time and can see the overall picture to juggle shifts about, can also copy and paste which makes it easier. Also makes it a lot easier when trying to find cover, you can see easily who is available and find their contact details. Great for keeping track of holidays, reports for calculating wages, keeping a record of who worked when and making/calculating small changes such as if someone left early. It's good that it sends an email to staff each time the rota is published, we don't use the 'accept' function or messages as we just have a small workforce, but I can imagine it would be handier if there were a lot of employees. I know some of the staff also use the mobile site.

CONS

Not really found much wrong with it, have never had to contact customer support. I think occasionally when looking at the staff view the times/shifts/staff names haven't lined up properly if it's zoomed in or a funny resolution.

Thanks for the review Grace! If you ever have trouble with the cells not lining up try resetting your browser's zoom. The keyboard shortcut is normally CTRL + 0. I hope this helps!

Replied October 2017

Adel

Reviewed January 2024

Seamless Workforce Management with Findmyshift

Findmyshift has revolutionized our approach to workforce management, making the entire process incredibly streamlined and efficient. This user-friendly platform has proven to be an invaluable tool for our business, allowing us to effortlessly handle various aspects of staff management. Managing schedules has never been easier. Findmyshift's interface allows us to create, modify, and distribute schedules with unparalleled ease. The drag-and-drop functionality simplifies the process of adjusting shifts, and the real-time updates ensure that everyone is on the same page. The ability to pre-plan schedules has been a game-changer for us, allowing us to strategize and allocate resources efficiently.

PROS

One of the standout features of Findmyshift is its ease of adding and managing staff. The intuitive interface makes it simple to input new team members, ensuring that our employee database is always up-to-date. The process is not only quick but also remarkably user-friendly, making it accessible to team members at all levels of technological proficiency. Perhaps one of the most appreciated features is the seamless distribution of each employee's timesheet. This functionality has significantly reduced the administrative burden associated with tracking hours worked. Employees can easily access their timesheets, promoting transparency and accountability within the team.

CONS

Findmyshift may lean towards the higher end in terms of pricing, but its robust features and seamless functionality make it a worthwhile investment for businesses seeking comprehensive workforce management solutions.

Garet

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

FindMyShift for Service Contractor

We love it and use it everyday. For our company it is a tremendously useful planning tool.

PROS

Before using my shift we were using a white board to schedule individual employees. Many of our projects/jobs are only 1-2 day duration projects and work flows are changing constantly, even hour by hour in some cases. We juggle keeping our employees working weekly so the ability to create a job in the system put it on the calendar and then if we need to move it its simply a copy and paste. We can plan out months of work in advance and then as we get closer we can fine tune and adjust.

CONS

I wish it had a better feature for displaying the schedule. We update the schedules from our office and we have a Large Monitor in our shop where the employees gather in the morning. Right now we have created a user just for the shop TV and we sign into that user so that the employees can view their schedules in the shop. FindMyShift does have a broadcast link (not sure if that's what you call it) however it does not update instantaneously and therefore does not work for us.

Russell

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Does what we need for managing 30 staff across 10 locations

We have 15+ 'rooms' (8 surgeries and a number of shared admin offices) and around 30 staff. Some staff (e.g. dentists) not only need a room allocating to them they also need a nurse allocating to work with them. Other staff may just need space to work - for example allocating receptionists to one of 3 receptions, allocating admin staff to an office to work in, etc. We used to do this with spreadsheets but as we expanded it became unwieldy and prone to errors. FindMyShift has proved to be an economical way of us both planning who is where on any particular day but also communicating this easily to the staff.

PROS

The ability to access the software from anywhere with just a browser is the biggest plus for us. Clear easy to understand graphical interface goes a long way too. The support from FindMyShift has always been fast and helpful.

CONS

Sometimes screens can be a little 'busy' - for example the time off planner. However it is hard to think quite what could be done better - there is inherently a lot of information to display.

Hi Russell! Thank you for your positive comments. A tip for the time off planner, if you look under options you can narrow it down to just specific types of time off. It will make it less busy and much easier to see. If you ever have any questions or issues, please let us know, we are happy to help!

Replied September 2017