All Homebase Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Homebase Review: Homebase is the Best for the Price!

Cheryl

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Game Changer

Finally getting up to speed with technology. We had so many issues with our previous time clock provider, I'm so glad we found Homebase!

PROS

Being able to use the software anywhere and have the ability to change the schedule, communicate with staff, find coverage and my staff to always be up to date with what's going on.

CONS

Sometimes staff tell me they don't get notifications of schedule change when I post it.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

Timetrax was horrible! Constantly had downloading issues and tech support was not helpful and down right rude. I spent several hours multiple different occastions trying to download info for payroll. Sometimes even loosing data. You cannot run a business like that!

Andrea

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Payroll Software

PROS

Homebase is very user-freindly and allows you to make corrections or changes easily. The cost is reasonable compared to other payroll software and Homebase pays and files your payroll forms and taxes so it saves you time! It's cloud based so you can be anywhere and do payroll or check employees hours, scheduling, etc. Homebase staff was very helpful when I was setting up.

CONS

I have been using Homebase for one month and there are no cons as of yet.

Reason for choosing Homebase

Homebase was less expensive and I wanted to be hands on with payroll still and Paychex does everything.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

QuickBooks is not compatible with Mac computers

Bryan

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Good options but struggles at times

PROS

We have used Homebase for our needs for the last 7 years. There are many features that are nice that we use. The timeclock is the main feature that we use as it allows our team members to clock in and out right from their phones. It also give them how many hours they have worked and how much pay they have made.

CONS

The message and schedule feature is hard. The Message feature constantly stops working so our team members dont get the notifications. Also trying to schedule for a month at a time is very hard and it could be easier. I have asked that they make it easier but nothing has changed.

Justin

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

I regret purchasing Homebase

We are on the essentials plan. We have 45 employees. some of those employees are able to do more than 1 job. some of those jobs are a higher paying position (like bartender vs busboy) When you hire a bartender at $15 per hour, if that bartender picks up a job as a busboy at $10 per hour - the software won't allow you have that bartender get paid at $10 unless you upgrade to their "plus" plan. What was not explained was why this just became an issue in december 2023 and was not an issue when we onboarded all employees in september. for that reason - i will not be renewing and will be sourcing a new sofrware. if i'm going to pay a higher cost, it wont be for the lack of customer service i've recieved to date. i'll gladly update this review if the team can fix my issue but based on the customer service response i've seen so far...i dont see that happening without me making some noise.

PROS

The price was better than our old provider, wheniwork but maybe it turns out that you get what you pay for?

CONS

Customer service is very limited in what they are willing to say or do and you dont have a rep or salesperson other than when they first try to take your money and get you to sign up. I've sent messages for support or attempted to call or email my old rep that signed me up that went unanswered. When they have been answered - its been covered in technical jargon instead of a simple "yes you can do that by doing this or no, thats not available on your plan.

Doh

Reviewed January 2024

10 years and still my favorite

PROS

i've been using homebase for at least 10 years, and it is the very best. it's so very user-friendly, and the features are top-notch. i'm a huge fan.

CONS

there's nothing i dislike about homebase, and if i did, they listen to their clients and add/improve features regularly.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

homebase was bundled with clover. i dumped clover and kept homebase!

Karen

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Very Useful App

Our Staff is very satisfied with how easy this app is. They can put in their availability or request a shift off which makes it super easier for me to write the schedule. The app immediately send updates on schedules, so I don't have to send notifications about schedule at all.

PROS

App is easy to navigate. Real fast to send updates about shift trades.

CONS

I don't really have .complains. We are really satisfied

Reasons for switching to Homebase

Someone recommended this app vs the previous app we were using.

Zahraa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

I lover using homebase app for simplicity and functionality of the app

PROS

Easy to use Easy to track employee hours Perfect for payroll

CONS

None available at this time accordingto the features that I am using the app for

joey

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Great features

PROS

It’s free to use! Granted less features but still a excellent offering for no investment

CONS

The only issue I have is repeated to being a free user with paid access I would have zero complaints. Staff do say there are times when clocking in gets a little difficult. Creates some clean up at payroll time

Anna

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Has its faults but overall a good app

PROS

The app is a great source of communication for all team members. It is a great way to see what your pay will look like.

CONS

The in app notifications do not always work.

Wayne

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Homebase review for Dartmouth Fire District 2

We were looking for an easy way to track our all the duty shifts, but stay within a budget. This system works very well.

PROS

The ease of use. The layout of all the pages makes it easy to use for everyone.

CONS

Nothing to say in this area. Everything that we use it for works very well.

Peter

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Excellent for Restaurants, Hourly Employees

I've used this as an employee, then as a business owner for about the last 7 years. It's really a no brainer if you need a time tracking tool, and it has been upgraded consistently over the years to add more features. The hiring tool is surprisingly solid as well, and helps to market positions quite well.

PROS

I've used this for so long now it is hard to imagine what I'd do without it. We began using it as a simple time clock, and it has slowly become our go to for hiring, time tracking, time off, and employee messaging. If you have a mostly hourly workforce it is super simple to setup, and as your business grows it has helpful and intuitive tools to make your life easier. Their support in my experience can be a bit disorganized, but they always get the job done and are easy to work with.

CONS

Not as helpful for salaried employees as it is for hourly employees in my experience. The lower tiers lack some of the onboarding functionality and digital form filing I'd like it to have, but I think this may have been added recently.

Reason for choosing Homebase

Homebase wins handily over BambooHR when it comes to hourly employees, and the value and ease of use it brings to busy workplaces.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Best virtual timeclock for your money

Overall, my experience has been great with Homebase. Coming from manual punch clock, I've cut down my payroll process by at least 80%. It is easy to use (original software version is easy, new version is a little too messy so I haven't switched to the new view.) I still enter hours manually into QBO, because Homebase doesn't split regular and overtime hours. Not a big deal. *A couple wishes* 1. I wish there to be a button when employees punch out that says "Did you take a lunch break?" (Yes or No) Reason for this feature - I don't make our employees go to the iPad at lunch to "Take a break" when it's lunch time. I would have a line up of workers waiting to punch in and out because our entire company shuts down all at once for lunch. That way, when some employees DO work through their lunch break, they can just say "No" to the question "Did you take a lunch break" when they clock out at the end of the day. Currently, everyday I log into Homebase and manually add each employee's lunch break, except if they leave me a note saying "No Lunch". 2. It would be great if time card notes for a whole current pay period could be amalgamated into one document as I am processing payroll. I currently have to dig through each time card to find notes of employees asking for vacay pay, sick days, mileage etc. If I just had a list of all the notes and names for that weeks pay, I can check off each note as I add their request into QBO. Overall, I am still very happy with Homebase.

PROS

What I like most about Homebase is that it doesn't break the bank to put in a virtual timeclock system. It integrates with Quickbooks online and it is easy to use.

CONS

1. It does allow for a little customization, but not advanced enough for the way I run payroll. 2. It does not send separate regular hours and overtime hours to QBO.

Reason for choosing Homebase

100% for the price difference. Timesheets is so overpriced. Thank you for providing your software for such a reasonable amount of money. It makes a huge difference during this pandemic.

Allison

Reviewed September 2021

Fairly good for scheduling, could use some work

We are utilizing the HR function. It is nice to be able to send in questions and get responses from HR professionals. The help desk is responsive and usually helpful

PROS

Being able to create a base schedule of open shifts as a template is nice. You apply the template to the week, and then you can drag and drop the shifts onto employees. You must use a computer for this to work. The auto-scheduling feature can give you a good starting point but has flaws that make it impossible to publish a schedule using only auto-scheduling.

CONS

I would like more categories than owner, manager, employee. With more options of who can see what information. Auto schedule feature needs improvement to not schedule people on doubles and multiple locations at the same time. They've made a number of improvements over the years, but I sometimes think they are trying to add too many new features when they need to perfect the features already available first.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

As a growing business, it became impossible to continue using Excel for scheduling. We only briefly tried When I Work.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

I love Homebase and recommend it to other business owners

I love it. I recommend it all the time to other Camp Bow Wow owners. Whether or not you know it, Homebase is utilized by many many Camp Bow Wow owners and all always speak highly of your product.

PROS

Everything. For starters, it's very user friendly. I also love the scheduling, time sheet integration, PTO, chat/messaging, integration w/ Clover is HUGE. Having the COVID checklist when clocking in is also a great addition.

CONS

Homebase has some small glitches or bugs here and there but we look past that. For instance, although it's been a month or two now that I've heard an employee speak about this, Homebase does not always give you a notification when you receive a chat message.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

If you've ever compared Homebase to WhenToWork, it's pretty obvious why we switched. WhenToWork leaves a lot to be desired in many areas. Overall, Homebase is better (in every way) and has more to offer.

Megan

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Affordable scheduling software

I use the scheduling portion the most. Once a time-off request is approved, it will remind you when you go to schedule some to work on their scheduled time off. This eliminates scheduling errors. I can also look at each location quickly if I need to shift employees around if I am shorthanded.

PROS

I like that I am able to link all of my locations within one application. I can easily schedule someone for multiple sites and assign specific duties, send messages, approve or decline time-off, etc.

CONS

I do not like that I can't edit someone's information when they take ownership of their account. I have some that forget passwords and not update their personal information like phone numbers and email addresses.

Reason for choosing Homebase

We had already been using Homebase and it was cheaper.

Scott

Reviewed July 2020

We LOVE Homebase!

Homebase is the best scheduling platform I’ve used since I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years.

PROS

Homebase has all of the features that our small business needs from scheduling, to forecasting, employee messaging, business development tools, and it is all incredibly intuitive and easy to use! I’ve used several scheduling platforms over the years and we’ll stick with Homebase from here on out!

CONS

There’s nothing to not like about this product. The customer service is top notch so if you ever have an issue, it will be resolved to your satisfaction and they’re always inquiring about potential features we may be interested in.

Reasons for switching to Homebase

Pricing. Homebase offers just as much as the “bigger” scheduling platforms at a much more affordable rate.

Jessica

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Awesome software!

Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

PROS

I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

CONS

I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

Retail, 11-50 employees