All Nowsta Reviews

Nowsta Review: Nowsta Cures Your Scheduling Headaches

Amanda

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

PROS

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye! The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with. It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement. My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

CONS

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

Bob

Reviewed February 2024

Great product and service

We as a company have loved Nowsta from implementation. It has definitely been a game changer for us in multiple ways and has had a positive impact in all departments, from event staffing to floral staffing to operations staffing and scheduling meetings. It is integral to our success and the support team is top-notch.

PROS

Scheduling, time tracking, ease of use, ability to assign multiple roles with various hourly rates, reporting tools

CONS

Nothing that I dislike but there may be a feature or two that might be beneficial, at least for some of the information or uses that I would like to retain/export.

Reason for choosing Nowsta

Belief in the product and our communications with Max

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Ease of use, ability to assign multiple roles with multiple rates without a cap on the number of roles, mobile use of the timeclock app and ability for our team members to have everything they need at their fingertips with the app.

Kristina

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Seems pretty standard

Been fine

PROS

I had to get into using NOwsta because of one of my clients, I don't have too much to say but it doesn't have the features I need to completely use it. I have to still use my schedule and also they still have to email in hours. Saves me on sending out the schedule but not much more on the other side.

CONS

that it doesn't have everything I need, not as easy as I would like.

ramon

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Director of Events Resources

'Good one! More the most part it has been a smooth process

PROS

I find it user friendly quick to learn. I love that I can add staff pictures

CONS

I would like a "Onsite Contact" click button function, specially when running late for a shift it would be great to be able to click the onsite contact to let then we are running late, etc.. without having to stop and dialing the number

Reason for choosing Nowsta

It makes sense for our business. And the it is really user friendly for our staff specially the mobil APP on site.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

SC not user friendly, very convoluted in it's approach

Jonathan

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Employee Communication and Coordination at its Finest

Compared to the competition, Nowsta comes out way ahead in ease of use, ability to deliver results, drive efficiency, and track accountability.

PROS

Ease of use and interface make using Nowsta & training easy. Ease of integrations makes implementation and ROI high. Many workers in our market are familiar with Nowsta. Data and reporting allow deep analytics for management, business strategy, and budgets.

CONS

Not allowing workers to Opt to share their calendars across multiple employers means that employee calendars are not always up to date. Not being able to see available workers without creating a placeholder shift.

Reason for choosing Nowsta

Nowsta did better in the critical areas listed above: staff management and tracking, time and attendance, API integrations (payroll & sales software), communication with employees, HR tracking, file sharing, metric tracking & Data (call outs and shift declinations)

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Deputy's integration did not work with our software. It also did not deliver in critical areas listed above, where Nowsta does deliver.

Frankie

Reviewed November 2023

Nowsta is a must have!

Nowsta has enabled us to grow as a company and scale when needed. This is a must have app in our industry.

PROS

I like the ability to schedule multiple events and include a multitude of details that are important to convey to our teams. Also, the ability to engage temp staff through the same system is a game changer.

CONS

I would like to be able to receive employee responses through the system making it a one stop shop.

Reason for choosing Nowsta

The format makes so much sense for a company like ours where we may have many events in multiple locations across the state all at the same time.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Lack of flexibility for our industry. We felt limited.

Mary Nell

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Nowsta is a great tool for our team!

Great! We were early users of Nowsta and converted from another slightly outdated event staffing software. Their team has always been helpful and listened to our suggestions on how to improve the platform.

PROS

The ease of sending requests, booking staff, uploading documents, worker instructions vs admin instructions, and clock in / out.

CONS

No admin mobile app. It would be so helpful to see the administrative side of our profile from our phones!!

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Nowsta had a mobile application and clock in features

Cheryl

Reviewed February 2024

Staffing System...

PROS

It's easy to learn and use the system. If you have a questions they are quick to respond with the proper answer and resolve any problem you may have.

CONS

I wish you could move staff within the event page to other positions, if needed. Rather than go to another page to have to complete that task.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

***We used Staff Mate Previously...but the above question doesn't offer that as an option and it won't let me move on.

Jill

Reviewed October 2023

Very Satisfied Customer

I am happy with the product and it has streamlined our scheduling and payroll and has eliminated many paycheck errors.

PROS

It is extremely user-friendly and takes very little training.

CONS

The Customized csv for import is still not 100% correct and manual changes have to be made before importing.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

We changed payroll and catering software simultaneously and Nowsta was the one program that interfaced with both.

Ann Marie

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Easy to Use

PROS

The ease of reporting is the thing I like best about Nowsta.

CONS

I would like to be able to create custom reports.

Scott

Broadcast Media, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Nowsta works for a large on-call list of employees and contractors

Great! We've implemented it quickly and the employees and contractors have all adopted it and use it regularly.

PROS

So easy to implement and use, and just as easy for our employees and contractors. It has made a lot of our scheduling nightmares disappear.

CONS

I love most of it. I wish I could copy and paste certain elements between jobs rather than having to use drop down menus in those instances.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

How easy it was to use across platforms and especially on mobile.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

PROS

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish! I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

CONS

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

The system often glitched and many of our employees wanted something with push capabilities.

Larry

Reviewed November 2020

Nowsta review

A+

PROS

The Nowsta Team is remarkable and very willing to customize.

CONS

Nothing except we don’t have enough business now to use it to its fullest capacity.

Reason for choosing Nowsta

Very simply it was the people of Nowsta and their inclusive approach to collaborate with their clients.

Katie

Reviewed January 2022

Pier Sixty

Overall, I have truly enjoyed using Nowsta opposed to an Excel sheet that always made my computer crash! Not only has it been easy for me to use, but my staff as well!

PROS

I love how easy it is to use, and I love the physical layout of the software. I found that it was very visually appealing which makes it easier to use daily. I also enjoy how easy the app is for my staff. I appreciate that they can receive both notifications from the app and emails for the older staff members who don't use their phones as much. Very user friendly all around!

CONS

I wish that I could attach files on the event for only certain staff members, rather than everyone working that event. Sometimes I would like to give the captains the menu in advance and the bartenders the bar layouts but not everyone else because I do not want the servers to see the prices of each event.

Reason for choosing Nowsta

Price, visual appeal, popularity, and office proximity.

Thais

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Excellent tool

Nowsta improved a lot our booking/scheduling system, specially after we hired more people, expanding our team. It helped us saving time with timesheets and also is helpful when we do sign ins. The staff really liked to have an app to accept the jobs and check their roster. This was a constant request from them and Nowsta came to fill this need and was well accepted between our team.

PROS

On a daily basis, the staff scheduling and the timesheets feature made our life a lot easier and helped to share on a simple way the information between our management team. Nowsta made the communication with our team easier and straightforward. We used to send the jobs via text message/Whatsapp - we still keep doing that, but not with the same frequency. With Nowsta we get faster responses about the jobs and works really well with the majority of our staff. Another benefit of Nowsta is that we can book the staff in advance with much more efficiency and give an estimate idea to our clients about the bookings, something that we had the necessity to do and was more complicated and time consuming before we started to use Nowsta.

CONS

We miss some features/tools that would be useful considering our business. One thing is to know who is booked without clicking on a job. We would like to have the possibility to move the mouse and see the names of the staff booked for a job. Also would be good to have a tool to check the list of all the staff booked to work on a day, if possible, with the categories. Some days we are very busy and this is critical so we can check who is not working yet. What we usually do is to check staff by staff to see who is booked or not. We also noticed sometimes that Nowsta have some mistakes related to conflicts about a job. We noticed that sometimes Nowsta informs that the person is booked and she/he is not booked on that day. Apparently there is a glitch, because sometimes we noticed that the person was booked and removed for example, but Nowsta still shows a conflict about the schedule.

Alisha

Reviewed July 2018

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

PROS

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals. We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place. The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all. There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

CONS

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

Aaron

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Very Pleased!

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

PROS

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

CONS

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

Cristina