All ServiceTrade Reviews

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

Great product that does not overwhelm office or field staff

Joshua

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

The wind beneath my wings

Clarity in scheduling multiple technicians for multiple stops each and every day. Data and information easily accessible for planning, business development, and more.

PROS

ServiceTrade has been a joy to implement and use everyday. The dev team, and everyone at ServiceTrade, have been absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend this solution enough. From day one, we had no half measures. We jumped in both feet and never looked back. The scheduling makes planning our technicians days straightforward and clear. I could ramble on for hours about how much I love the search functionality, and the data you can quickly get to really get down into the nitty gritty of whatever you're looking for. To my experience, any software that claims to do everything, does nothing well. ServiceTrade is near perfectly optimized for the scope it encompasses. Features are being added all the time, and the dev team are always enthusiastic. I foresee this product getting lots of love for years and years to come. This product only gets better and better. Third party integrations have been a breeze, and a staggering amount of third party applications are available.

CONS

Only a couple items come to mind, none are deal breakers. A general timeclock for tracking daily general time would be helpful, however we've found a small third party solution for this. Ability to add non-billable appointments and vendor stops would also be nice, and again not a huge deal. A great unification of built-in app and web features would be a great quality of life improvement, however I have a feeling those sneaky devs are up to something already... they always are.

Nickolas

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Servie Trade is a great software for any Commercial HVAC Service Company

From our introduction to almost 2 years later Service Trade has been reliable and trustworthy partner to help us achieve our business goals. The additional features and offerings they have introduced proves they are dedicated to helping us succeed.

PROS

The ease for our clients to access information about upcoming and past servie visits along with information by each of their assets has been a differentiator. Our service support team and servie technicians praise Service Trade because it is much easier to use compared to our previous software.

CONS

Flexibility with tasking forms is not the greatest but manageable, Servie Trade is being a great partner by listening to us along with working with us to improve this. Integration to our existing ERP doesn’t exist but Servie Trade has worked closely with us to deploy alternative methods.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

The Servie feature and Mobile Tech wasn't a great customer facing product and didn't give us the opportunity to differentiate ourselves form our competition.

Reviewed February 2024

Do not risk your company on this product

The initial rollout was great however as fast as the program was operational, they became crickets. Updates & upgrades have caused unexplained data and functionality loss. Do not trust them. You will lose customers and employees

PROS

Mobile interface is acceptable Scheduling visibility is adequate

CONS

No follow through from ST Team Very poor integration Data gets 'lost'

Reason for choosing ServiceTrade

Their initial sales pitch was great and comprehensive however in the long run, the product did not live up to their sales pitch and the service after the sale was disappointing to say the least. There are one or two stellar team members but that is the exception.

Kevin

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Worth Every Dollar!!!

PROS

Servicetrade provides real time access to photos, videos and paperwork that allow me to provide real time updates on repairs to clients. In the information world we live in today, Servicetrade allows for real time updates on the status of repairs.

CONS

The dispatch board does not update without refreshing.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your fantastic review! We're thrilled to hear how ServiceTrade has been a game-changer for you. We can't wait for you to try our new dispatch board this spring and look forward to your continued feedback to help us serve you better. Thank you again, Leah ServiceTrade Team

Replied February 2024

Nicholas

Construction, 51-200 employees

ServiceTrade Has Transformed Our Business

Before using ServiceTrade we were using emailing of PDF forms on iPads to manage all our of jobs. Having ServiceTrade took our business to a whole new level and allowed us to expand into multiple offices.

PROS

ServiceTrade has a great product that is intuitive to use. Since we subscribed 4 years ago they have continued to expand on the capabilities with updates to the software every 2-4 weeks. They are very responsive to requests for features and the customer support is super friendly and helpful. They integrate with key software companies to expand their functionality (like Intacct and Quickbooks) and they have a great API and integration with Zapier.

CONS

I hope they can continue to accelerate the addition of new features. There are a lot of companies out there trying to solve the same problems. I haven't seen anyone providing better value yet but I hope ServiceTrade stays ahead of the competition because whoever has the best software to manage their business will hold a significant advantage int he marketplace and we would like to stay with ServiceTrade. Switching software is a pain!

Reason for choosing ServiceTrade

We started an implementation with ServiceMax and it was a horrible experience. The software was overly complicated and they outsourced the implementation to a 3rd party that was inexperienced and didn't understand our business.

Eric

Reviewed October 2019

Beat the billion dollar bullies

I love all the problems this software was able to solve. I am secure in knowing that customer service will always take care of my issues. I love the fact that training is available as well as a well-regulated wiki.

PROS

The customer service and the company that designs and runs the software. I love the fact that I was able to go paperless.

CONS

Like any complex software, there is a learning curve when implementing. Also, buying this software does not address every aspect of running a service business. For example, live messaging or phone service.

Reason for choosing ServiceTrade

I had a really hard time implementing Field Service Management. Also, when I spoke to their customer support team, I soon realized that, even as a novice, I knew more about how software is supposed to work than the support team did. It was really frustrating.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

The customer service, the ease of use, the ease of implementation

Patrick

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Service Trade Review

Overall its revamped the way we do business and has vastly improved the accuracy in which we do things. Checking history or creating quotes is much faster and has cut down on time. Being able to look over all things done within time frames is great for tracking techs and productivity.

PROS

I like the history and scheduling components most. We use it as our main interface for the company and 90% of what we do is all done through service trade and service trade add ons

CONS

Problems with information being added to jobs on occasion is frustrating, some problems with getting things on or off of invoices when transferring from a job.

Reason for choosing ServiceTrade

Pricing essentially, some other features had plus/minus the alternative but ultimately Service trade won the overall.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

We went through the switch over to a DIS product and found the functionality to be more limited and frustrating by every person in the company, once we knew exactly what we wanted and needed for things on the day to day we found service trade and the rest is history.

Tyler

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Service Trade has really helped our company with scheduling and invoicing

Very happy with how ServiceTrade has helped our business.

PROS

Ability to set up reoccurring events easily.

CONS

The ability to create more information for jobs that have multiple billings through customer previous billings page. Currently, the customers previous billings have a job type but when it comes to repairs, the ability to sort through more details on the customer page without having to click each prior job would be really helpful

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

Ability of the software to conform to PDF files that we up load.

Wileen

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Very helpful sales and management tool for Service Company

I like that you can have multiple tabs open for convenience and multi tasking

PROS

I like that everything is so user friendly and you can pretty much figure out what you need to do if you weren't exactly trained to do it. Everything is laid out so well and it is so easy to navigate through the system.

CONS

I do not like that if you reject repair quotes that the deficiencies come back in the system to be quote. I would like a way to comment on deficiencies and have an option to reject repair quotes with deficiencies attached with out them coming back into the system. Perhaps to mark them as Fixed, Compliant, Another Company Handled, Non-Issue, ETC.

Kyle

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Game changing application for us

Wonderful - great product and people!

PROS

We appreciate everything about the app as it is extremely useful across all functions and divisions. We have seen significant gains since implementation.

CONS

There are minor portions of functionality that I wish was included however, they are 'wish list items' that get included as time passes.

Reviewed September 2016

Service Trade absolutely revolutionized our business. It is amazing.

Our company went from a literal shoe box full of index cards to Service Trade. It was such an abrupt jump in technology our heads were left spinning. There are so many benefits to using Service Trade that it is difficult to lay them all out. The best way to describe it this. If our company were a car, we went from square wheels to round wheels. Everything just runs smoother and almost all our information is accessible from anywhere.

PROS

Service Trade understands the needs of service contractors today. Many of us (contractors) are simply not plugged in to the highly valuable technology platforms that we desperately need to compete in the service industry. They have assembled a software platform that is easy to use, easy to learn and yet, provides AMAZING tools that most service companies and contractors could never conceptualize, let alone build, implement and support. They are accessible and interested in my success as a contractor.

CONS

There is not much I do not like about Service Trade. If I were talking to a friend about Service Trade, I would say that some of my employees faced a bit of a leaning curve to get through. One cannot simply sign up and never work again. They offer live human U.S. based training (a deal sealer for me), training videos, a trouble ticket system, on screen walk through and a growing knowledge center. Like any cutting edge technology, it is exciting to learn, and WELL worth the effort.

David, Thank you for sharing your story. I'll make sure that our services team know that they've made a different for your staff. We're happy to be your partner! -- Shelley

Replied September 2016

Mace

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

ServiceTrade Review

Both the people and the product are great. It is a great fit for our organization

PROS

The ease and the learning curb. It has been extremely easy for our field technicians to learn and implement the use of ServiceTrade into their daily routines.

CONS

The development team is constantly coming out with new releases. I wish there was a better way for us to keep up with learning those new features and put them to use.

Reason for choosing ServiceTrade

I like the relationship and the trust we quickly established with the ServiceTrade team.

Better product

Marek

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

ServiceTrade Review

My overall experience with ServiceTrade has been positive. The software provided a comprehensive solution for managing service operations, from scheduling and dispatching to invoicing and reporting. Its robust feature set and real-time mobile access enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of service workflows. However, the complexity of the user interface was a minor drawback that could benefit from improvements to enhance user-friendliness. Nonetheless, ServiceTrade proved to be a valuable tool for streamlining service management processes.

PROS

One of the things I liked most about ServiceTrade was its comprehensive service management features. The software provided a robust set of tools for managing service orders, scheduling appointments, and tracking service activities. The ability to create detailed job records, capture customer signatures, and generate professional invoices streamlined the entire service workflow. Additionally, the integration with mobile devices allowed technicians to access and update information in real-time, improving communication and efficiency.

CONS

One thing I liked least was the complexity of the user interface. The software offered extensive functionalities, but the interface could sometimes feel overwhelming, especially for new users. Navigating through various features and settings required some learning curve, and it would have been helpful to have a more intuitive and simplified user interface to improve the overall user experience.

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2016

Flexible tool for completing job paperwork

PROS

The vendor spent several days at our company training us. He showed us how to use the app and web site and then reviewed our paperwork after we had spent a day in the field of actually using it on OUR jobs, on location. This was key to help us refine the details of how to properly use the software. The software allows us the flexibility of downloading paperwork from our main office to our tablets used in the field and uploading inspection and service forms and images back as scanned .pdf or .jpg files from the field, fillable .pdf's from the app, images directly from the tablet camera, or images and files stored on the hard drive, they can be emailed to the app or downloaded through the web site. This flexibility allows us to use many means to accomplish our work. I have found that the scanner app I used previously can share the scanned files directly with service trade without opening any other app, I used to have to scan the document, close the scanner app, open the file, share it to my email and then fill in the email address and other info to email to the recipient. This software also makes it easy to include a photo to document work that needs done or problems that need to be corrected as well as a quick image of the completed job to document how it looked when we left.

CONS

We currently have to continue using our old method of paperwork as well as using service trade to make sure there is nothing lost until everyone is comfortable with it so we have to do the paperwork twice. The software is internet based so in remote locations without Wi-Fi or good cellular reception it can be nearly impossible to get or send the paperwork. Some of the work can be downloaded before traveling to the site, completed in the field and then uploaded after returning to an area with good reception but this doesn't allow accurate timestamp of arrival and departure and the signed work order has to be left open until it can be uploaded.

Ned

Good bang for the buck

Overall, Servicetrade is a powerful tool. It takes the stress of managing customers and jobs once it is implemented fully.

PROS

The customer database is easy to use, the mobile app works well and is not overly complicated for the field guys. Integration with our existing Quickbooks system was fairly straight forward. Billing and quoting work very well. The email tracking of quotes to customers is nice.

CONS

There is a learning curve. It has some quirks that will hang you up until you understand them. The analytics could be better. tracking certain things is tough. Tracking time for payroll is almost impossible.

Price point

cady

Public Safety, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Cady with FirePro

I have been using service trade for over year now. Every time I need help or have a question about the program I get amazing feed back from your techs. They are always fast and go above and beyond what was asked. Navigating in this program is very easy and I find the videos very helpful. I also enjoy the online classes like Ned talk they are very informative. My only wish is that you would do an informative training class for users around Oregon or at least some where easier to get to then Carolina. You have added so many new useful things in the past year and i'm always excited to see whats new. I would recommend this program to anyone very efficient and easy and there are so many amazing features. I would rate this company an overall 5 stars in customer service we love being with your company!

PROS

I would honestly be typing for days if I listed all the pros to being with your company. You guys are great in customer service and your program!

CONS

Wish there was a training class on this side of the country. It would be nice to talk to other users in a group setting and see what everyone else has learned.

Reggie

Construction, 11-50 employees

Service Trade Rocks

This software is easy to use and robust. I have personally used 3 other automated dispatching software programs and this one by far is the best I have used. I love the fact that with a couple of clicks I can find history on any asset we have performed work on. The ease of building and sending quotes has increased our cu