• Pros

• "I love the number of modules in this program! Everything you need in one place."

• "I am very pleased with the very fast, friendly, and helpful customer service that I have received thus far."

• "The software is flexible and the customer support is stellar!!"

• Cons

• "At first, it's hard to maneuver, but when you get the hang of the system, it's easy."

• "Sometimes it is a bit confusing, but the tech support is wonderful."

• "Sometimes it glitches but everything online does. "

Browse MyStudentsProgress Reviews

Sharon from Ambassador Christian Academy

Great software program

We have been able to increase the communication with parents in terms of viewing grades and assignments online. Being a web-based platform has made it more accessible and reliable for our teachers as they enter their grades and assignments. They love how easy it is to use!

Pros

I love how many things you can do with MSP. From grading, to attendance, calendar, emailing, reports, they cover it all.

Cons

The only thing I wish they had was a lesson plan module. We have to use an outside program, and it would be easier to just have it integrated into MSP. But I understand they are working on that!

Julia from Ambassador Christian Academy

Intuitive and Comprehensive

Pros

MSP has all of the qualities I need to provide feedback to my middle school students and their parents on a daily basis. I can input grades, comments, report card information, assignments, due dates, rubrics, and sample assignments. The customer support is also prompt and proactive in helping our team.

Cons

The site will kick me back two screens for certain aspects (looking at an individual's grades). I wish that I could easily toggle back and forth between class and individual grades.

Jonathan from Massachusetts International Academy

Great technical support for product that gets the job done

Our overall experience with MSP has been good. We at the school have pretty reasonable expectations that changing a School Management platform is never easy, but what is making the difference for us is that technical support has been very responsive.

Pros

This is one of the more affordable solutions we found for our school. The customization for our report cards and transcripts was excellent. Custom demographics was also a nice addition as we can make a student's profile data contain fields that are specific to our needs. It's best quality is the account manager\technical support they provide. Any question I have is answered extremely fast and the answers are well thought out. This has been invaluable to us, since our school setup is somewhat unique. It has been a huge relief to us.

Cons

There are some fit and finish issues that I imagine will be worked out in time. For example, a label for a text field might be off center with the text field itself. The user interface might not be making the best use of some of the space. Sorting through classes can be time consuming as some fields will not sort alphabetically, but some fields do. The service had a couple brief outages, but those have been resolved as of late.

Sandra from Dominion Academy of Dayton

As a unique private charter school we are finding MSP not as adaptable to our needs as hoped.

Pros

Customer Service: It has been most useful to have a representative assigned to our school who knows our idiosyncrasies. Although we cannot readily reach her by phone, she responds to emails very quickly and addresses issues in a timely manner. Training sessions/webinars are individualized and very helpful. Our representative has gone "above and beyond" expectations to make sure our questions are answered. Assignments and Grade book: Our teachers are very happy with the ease of inputting assignments and grades, as well as with associated features.

Cons

Templates: Report card and transcript templates are very inflexible. The software limitations on how grades are displayed on report cards was not fully explained prior to our sample report card submission, after which we were "stuck" with templates that did not work well for us. Transcripts need to be able to show more than four years. The MSP templates do not allow for this. Attendance: MSP is unable to track attendance by minutes missed, as required by Ohio law. No school scheduling or business office modules.

Laurie from Nazareth Elementary School

MSP for Elementary School

Pros

The front end applications are very user friendly.

Cons

Not all the modules interact with one another; data is inconsistent from one module to another. We initially had quite a few issues with report card templates -- corrections done for one quarter weren't carried over to templates for other quarters; inconsistencies with formatting, fonts, alignment, etc.; missing grades or comments. Inability to limit number of characters in comments fields for report cards. Once a new CSR was assigned to our account, we had fewer issues and the support has been excellent.

Diane from Michigan Language Center

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from MSP has provided excellent support, from training to trouble-shooting. She is always quick to respond to our inquiries, and she helps explain solutions with patience and kindness. Our school has a unique schedule and many specific needs that are not typical of a K-12 school. She has helped customize MSP to suit our needs.

Cons

The software is not very intuitive in design and navigation. We have needed support to be able to understand it and make it work for us. Thankfully, the support is great.

Debra from St. Christopher School

Reasonable price

MSP is responsive to most problems and get them fixed quickly. They no longer update our state reports, so I have to take the output and manipulate it to get an accurate report to submit. My customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great to work with. Give excellent explanations, clear communication and quick response time.

Pros

They let us design our own report cards.

Cons

Didn't stay up to date with reports required by the IDOE.

Reasons for Choosing MyStudentsProgress

Price

Kathy from University Christian High School

MSP Review

Overall experience is good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gives us wonderful customer support and timely replies.

Pros

The ability for parents & students to access grades, also the improved features in Communications.

Cons

Cannot tie into our ID scanning system to streamline attendance. The schedule/delay sending of email communications does not work consistently.

Karen from St. Ann Catholic School

MSP for a small school

Pros

The software is flexible and the customer support is stellar!!

Cons

Some of the functions are complicated to execute, they may have multiple steps to complete a very simple task.

Catherine from St. Agnes School

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

I especially like that the company is responsive to my needs as an individual client.

Cons

The interface could be updated for a more modern feel and ease of navigation

Emily from Immaculate Conception School

Superior Customer Service

We are currently solving the problem of a complicated, outdated billing system involving checks and partial payments coming from many different sources. MSP is helping us streamline our billing system to one platform. Parents are already very grateful for the change and finding it easy to use. They can pay for lunch, fees, and tuition, all in one place while easily seeing what they still owe and keep records of what they have paid.

Pros

MSP is a very intuitive school management system. I find that teachers and parents with technology comfort levels that vary widely all have an easy time navigating the functions of MSP. Very rarely does the system glitch, run slowly, or yield unexpected or undesired results. The teachers in our school use it for attendance, lunch, grading, reports, contacting families, monitoring student data, running reports, and more, with very few issues. On the occasion that we do have a question, our customer service representative gets back to us immediately with a solution, suggestion, or at the very least an assurance that the problem is being investigated. Lately, we have been using the new payment module function of MSP, and have had many questions, requests, and need for troubleshooting because we are new to the program. Our customer service representative responds quickly to many questions and requests each day, and has even organized lengthy phone/screen-sharing meetings with us to more efficiently and effectively help us use the system. I could not be more grateful for the customer service and attention to detail.

Cons

There is very little I dislike about MSP. Now that the payment module is in place and MSP is working to customize it to client needs, MSP suits almost every logistical need we have in regards to student management.

Nick from Good Shepherd Parish

Easy for Admins. Not so Easy for Users

It is easy to manage student information and new features are being added all the time. The support is outstanding and responsive.

Pros

Setting things up and getting them working is a breeze. The structure of things in the database seems well planned and things mesh well. The support I receive whenever I call or email is outstanding.

Cons

It isn't so easy for users to get signed in for the first time and even then, aside from the documentation, it isn't easy for them to use. This is especially true for the not digitally literate users. This includes mostly parents, but also a couple older teachers and our principal.

Reasons for Choosing MyStudentsProgress

Price and user base. Infinite campus prefers to sell to large districts. For a smaller school, MSP just makes sense.

Ian from Cornerstone Educational Community

Easy to use, yet packed full of features

Our organization got many benefits from using MSP. The biggest is ease of use. It's so easy to do anything and everything in MSP. Also, because MSP is so well built out, it's easy to instruct others about how to do anything. Plus, their top notch support is always willing to schedule trainings in order to learn how to do something within the system.

Pros

MSP is awesome. I switched our small, private school over to it this past year and the transition was quite smooth. Their customer support is attentive to our every need and able to address any and all issues in a very short amount of time. MSP is quite extensive in all that it can do, yet it is well laid out. Every function of the system is easily accessible, and best of all, it makes sense. The amount of time I spend doing admin tasks has been cut down significantly since switching to MSP, plus I can do way more than I ever could with my previous system mashup of WordPress and Google Docs. My favorite part about MSP is how fast and easy it is to find any specific piece of information. If it's a certain detail about a student or a whole report on a custom demographic, it's quite easy to get whatever I need in a matter of seconds. But best of all, MSP is relatively affordable. Compared to the other systems out there (I looked at a ton before finding MSP), it's great to have a piece of software that even small schools can afford.

Cons

I'd say my least favorite part about the software is the customization. But, in some ways that's a good thing. I just wish that I could brand MSP a little bit more to our school. Adding our logo in various places, putting a support email somewhere, customizing the login screen those would all be great to do. But sadly, I can't. However, it's not a deal breaker. I'd rather have a system that works!

Tonie from St. Patrick School

MSP at St. Patrick School, Kansas City, MO

The first year I really struggled with the lack of training. I was expected to learn the modules with no training while doing my daily responsibilities which was extremely difficult. MSP issue or Diocesan issue, I'm not sure. The support team have always been extremely helpful and in most case have gotten back to me within the day, always within 24 hours.

Pros

MSP offers a lot of report options. It is nice to be able to send communications to your target audience. I found this helpful when creating information for our teachers and staff for our Emergency Binders and Voice & Text Messaging.

Cons

The lunch module doesn't work for us on the updated MSP screen and we've had to go back to the old format to use that particular module. I'd like to be able to use this module with the new MSP screen format. I also wish that we could use the calendar module to track student daily attendance as well as teacher/staff attendance. For example, If a teacher is absent on an in-service day (non-student day). I do not have a way to track the teachers absence on MSP if I want the student daily attendance count to be accurate.

Michelle from Baltimore School of Independent Learners

Emerging Software with lots of room for growth

Pros

Customer support staff is exceptional. The software is not very intuitive, but rep at Customer Support is always willing and available to help. She is patient, knowledgeable, and responsive. The Development team takes customer feedback seriously and has implemented several upgrades and enhancements based on feedback.

Cons

It is not intuitive or user friendly. Several of the menus are hidden or buried in other menus. There is a lot of training involved to really get up to speed.

Sue from Immaculate Conception

Mystudentsprogress for Immaculate Conception Columbia, IL

MSP has always been a very innovative company from the beginning of it's start. They work with you minute by minute developing the best plan for your school making changes for you as the need arises. They make you feel important and that no question or concern is too small. I have worked with other SIS systems in the past but msp has been the easiest and most accommodating.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive menus. I love all of the report functions. Lunch menus are easy to input. Student progress reports are great. I like that MSP will make changes to the report card templates as needed. Conduct feature is a great help. Love the parent notifications.

Cons

The only con I have is the voice messaging. I would love to be able to do the entire calling from a phone and not have to go back and hit submit on the computer.

Juvy from Somerton Middle School

User-friendly interface that delivers excellent online navigating experience, anytime and anywhere!

MyStudentsProgress not just solves my record keeping problems but it provides solutions that empower me as a teacher.

Pros

This software seemingly provides functionalities beyond my expectations because its features are what every end-user wants especially in the education set-up. As a teacher and end-user, it lessens my task as in terms of monitoring the attendance report, students' lunch time, real-time updating of students' grades, printing reports and demographics of each student. In just a mouse click I can easily monitor each student data and generate reports with little or no downtime at all. I also believe that the best feature of this web application is that the customer support is at its best. Whenever there are issues on the use and glitches of the application, the customer support provides an immediate feedback.

Cons

This system is near to perfection because every feature was designed properly but hopefully it will become customizable depending on the information needs of each institution.

Melody from Orchard House School

The best year ever!

We have cut back on the amount of paper that we have generated with forms in the past. We no longer have to have notebooks in every classroom with student information. Several folks have gained lots of significant time back into their day because they are no longer answering the same questions over and over. Parents and Faculty are able to access the information on their own now. The prospect and admissions module is easy to navigate through and has all the information in one places.

Pros

It was just the right fit for our school. Some of the other software had lots of modules that we would be paying for that we would never use. One of the best aspects of the software is the support team that comes with it. Even past our initial set up, they were there with continuous support.

Cons

Some things we were hoping for, parent teacher conferencing, wasn't there yet. We still have to use a third party to do this.

Dana from Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School

My Students Progress Review

MSP has improved and enhanced my energy as a teacher. It's quick and easy way of doing things has allowed me to spend more time with my students in school and more time with my family at home, rather than calculating grades by hand.

Pros

I love working with MSP as it helps along with my daily tasks as an 8th Grade Teacher. I enjoy using the program for grading purposes and also love the Attendance feature. I have been using MSP for years now and am so happy that our school has this program. My life as a teacher has become so much more stress-free and for this, I am most grateful.

Cons

Honestly, I really love MSP and see no negative aspects of the program.

Carol from Holy Cross Catholic School of Defiance

MSP at Holy Cross Catholic School of Defiance

Our school has been using MSP since 2010. It is a wonderful tool for everyone to use - administration, teachers, students and parents. We are working diligently on utilizing all of the features that are available to us. There are so many reports available and it is a great way of communicating across the board. We have submitted suggestions for the site and they are always taken into consideration.

Pros

The fact that it is so user-friendly. No one has time to sit and try to figure out how a website functions. MSP is so easy to navigate for all users.

Katherine from ST. ROSE SCHOOL

MSP review

Over all, I personally get more and more efficient at using MSP and all it can do for us in running the front office of a school.

Pros

We like the convenience of having all the info at our fingertips. Being able to capture and run reports for parent and student data is fairly simply.

Cons

Report card system and teacher grade books are cumbersome. We hear lots of grumbling from faculty at grade time about MSP and difficulties with inputting grades and comments.

Penn from Orchard House School

Outstanding, Lightning-Speed Customer Support

MSP has streamlined many of the administrative tasks for daily school life. The customer service (we email the rep at MSP) has been incredible. We hear back so quickly that we're almost never waiting on an answer to solve a problem. We also receive a quick, clear answer when MSP simply does not have a function we would ideally want, which is very useful. I'd rather know that something is simply unavailable than hear equivocation or potential workarounds that don't actually do the same function.

Pros

Ability to search student profiles quickly; centralized location for parents to update their own info and find all the necessary forms

Cons

Cumbersome and not intuitive AT FIRST, but after exploring a bit, it becomes much easier to navigate; steep learning curve for newcomers, faculty and parents alike; difficult to provide troubleshooting advice to parents without having gone through the process of registering as a parent

Suzanne from St. John the Evangelist School

My Students Progress training seminar

Hi Cody gave me a very detailed training in the "create reports" section of the MSP module. It was so helpful to see the different means of emailing, creating reports and how to run the attendance for this school year using create reports refresh.

Pros

The convenience of looking up information and easy access to reports.

Cons

To remember to use reports and not lists as the lists are not updated when updates are applied through search.

Jessica from Ambassador Christian Academy

great customer service and support

Everything is online at the touch of a button. You do not have to be at the school to look up information.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly once you have been trained on how to use each module. I also like that parents can update certain information and that report cards can be sent out electronically.

Cons

Would be nice to have an online video on how to use the different modules for a teacher, a parent, and an admin. Like one video for each user that will train them in one session. The only other thing would be to make it possible for an admin to go in and view/change a parent, teacher, and student passwords when they get locked out or are just starting to use the program.

Good for anyone tracking student data, not just schools

Pros

Our company is not a school but we manage and take care of many students from multiple schools. Being able to have their photos, demographics, and key info available with any web browser and to be able to print customized reports and lists is very helpful with organizing programs and activities. We might need to see data on seniors living at one of our locations attending a particular school, and in a few seconds there it is.

Cons

Since the software assumes data from one school will be entered, the data entry work-around for putting in grades from 5 to 8 schools was on the tedious side but it was still possible.

Matt from MUSE School

Experience has been good. It does take some time to get used to the software.

Pros

That we finally have a cohesive system in the school that houses prospects to enrolled students. There are many modules that we are currently using and will incorporate into the future usage and all seem pretty easy to navigate through. There are some modules that when clicking on help, the PDF help documents do not load or could not be found. Meaghan has been a total help during those times.

Cons

The biggest con that I've run into is the extreme preciseness that is needed when entering a new student or doing a mass upload. If there is an extra space, or an invalid character, you will be taken to an error screen but the cause of the error is not given. It becomes frustrating when that happens and information is not given as to why that error is occurring.

Jessica from Ambassador Christian Academy

MSP is a winner

Pros

I like how flexible the program is. I can use it at work or at home, on my desktop or my cell phone. Also the custom reports are incredible. As an admin, I am able to find exactly what I need every time.

Cons

Certain functions you will need to call text support to fix. Like adding a family id after the family is already in the system Fortunately, the support staff is amazing and takes care of any issues I may have right away.

Greg from Our Lady of Mercy School

I was thrown into the admin role in MSP. It does everything you need to do, once you learn how.

Pros

Customer support really is there to help you whenever you need it. The software does everything you need, you just need to know how. Once you learn, everyday tasks are easy and quick.

Cons

Sometimes, it was a lot of clicking. And sometimes (for me) it was counterintuitive. The standards based report cards, as far as I understand it, were not friendly to our K-2 teachers. But this could have been just our understanding of it.

Sue from Immaculate Conception

MSP is probably our 4th SIS that we have dealt with and out ranks others hands down.

Lunch is built in. Custom report cards and flexibility.

Pros

I like that you listen to what the customers need and can customize it to fit individual schools need. I also like the speed of tech support. It's also intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I have a problem with a module/option being offered and then it doesn't work. I would like the lunch program to be faster and be able to send an email of the students balance directly to the parents.

Theresa from Saint Anthony of Padua RC School

Makes things easier on Administrators and Teachers. The support staff is always a phone call away.

Makes paperwork so much easier

Pros

The software is easy to use. Everything is at your fingertips. Mostly, I appreciate the customer support. If I need help with something, they returns my call or email immediately. If there is an internal issue, it's usually handled that day. Our faculty is very happy with MSP as it makes their daily routine much easier. We have every intention of staying with MSP.

David from St. Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School

Very easy to work with. Makes my job of record keeping much smoother and easier.

keeping track of student progress is the most important part of this software.

Pros

The ease of record keeping. I like how the software averages all of my grades. This software makes it easier to keep track of student progress and who has not turned in required work.

Cons

No concerns. I have no problems with this software. It also gives the students and parents an opportunity to track progress.

KC from St. Rose School

It's been a great tool for us.

Pros

The ease of accessing student & parent information. And the ease of the communication module has become a life line for us for parents, especially during the fire disaster that has effected our community.

Cons

We don't like that we can't select what parents can & can't see if we open up the parent module. We would also like to have more characters for text msging.

Dana from Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School

Special shout out to team for their hard work and dedication to helping us! Great work!

Easy grading, organization skills, parent communication-- all wonderful things!

Pros

MSP is easy to work with, always up and running, and helps to keep my grades and attendance organized. I am not good with numbers and Math so MSP has made magic for me!

Cons

I like all things MSP! No complaints here. I really have learned alot and enjoy working with the program each day.

Regina from Tyburn Academy

Overall positive! The customer service is great!

Pros

The customer service is wonderful! They are professional and respond to emails very quickly. I have worked with many staff and they are professional and knowledgeable.

Cons

The program itself requires many steps to get to the end result. There are many sub headings that require repeated use to master the path to getting to the section that is needed.

Theresa from Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School

MSP Review

I have had all positive experiences throughout the years with MSP. There is always positive feedback from parents and teachers using MSP. As one of the Administrators of the site, I must say that the tech support is the best I ever encountered with any software company.

Pros

Ease of use for Admin and Teachers, and Tech Support is above and beyond.

Cons

I like the software and have no negative feedback.

Gail from St. Lawrence School

My representative was very helpful and knowledgeable. She is fast in replying to questions.

Pros

Not happy, for the same reason as stated in the cons:No hard copy of what can be done - need to reply on representative for direction. Very difficult to search for topics unless you know the terms.

Jenny from St. John Neumann Academy

I use MSP as a teacher and an administrator. I input grades/attendance and review report cards.

Pros

I love that it calculates the quarterly grades for report cards. This makes it very easy to review and print report cards.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to create assignments and input grades, especially if I wait to do it at the end of the quarter. That means I have to keep clicking back to the previous quarter to access the assignment.

Stephanie from Good Shepherd Catholic School

Great customer service but wish I had more features

Pros

I like that it integrates such things as tracking volunteer hours.

Cons

I wish I could generate things like family directories or family mailing labels more easily. We have many students with split parents and two households and I'd like to be able to sort by household but also just by family as a whole including both parents.

Customer support Representative Garrett Kroyer is excellent!

We can offer parents and students the opportunity to view and print their own report cards.

Pros

MSP helps us to collect our data digitally and provide grading and communication information to students and parents.

Cons

I would like to customize reports for our bus service. Currently, we use another database to create reports we need for teachers.

Francesca from St. Pio Catholic Regional School

Review of MSP

The navigation and program features are easy to use. I find the "grade book view" extremely helpful as it allows a teacher to track students progress and keep accurate account of missed assignments. The attendance feature is well designed and also easy to view.

Pros

MSP allows teachers to enter grades with ease and allow parents and students immediate feedback on student progress.

Rochelle from Immaculate Heart of Mary School

As a recent user of MSP (within the last four years) my experience has been nothing but positive.

Pros

The accessibility and ease of navigation between modules. The customer service is Top Notch! I'm most impressed with the prompt response from the support team.

Cons

the time it takes to send to a communication when sending to over 400 people. Not being able to use other modules when sending an email.

Terry from Holy Trinity Catholic School

My Student's Progress is easy to use and has become part of my daily routine at Holy Trinity.

Pros

The software design is logical and easy to use, but whenever I have a question, the MSP customer support is superb. That is what I appreciate the most about MSP.

Cons

To a new user, the steps to accomplish some of the tasks are not obvious. The screens do not indicate where to click next.

Luz from Sacred Heart High School

MSP has great customer support.

Pros

MSP is very user friendly. It's cost effective. I've experienced great customer support. Anytime I need clarification on a feature I can access the user manuals.

Cons

Would like to see a feature that can be used by development. Some kind of database for alumnae. A database for donors.

Kristen from ABVM School

MSP is user friendly and helps me do my job in a more efficient manner.

Pros

It is easy to use. I generally use MSP for searching for email addresses for parents and class assignments for students. It is a great tool.

Cons

There are functions that I haven't had the chance to explore such as prospects and donors. I feel like in the future these are areas for me to explore.

Jennifer from Immaculate Heart of Mary

We utlize for all school records and communication

Pros

communication mode linking families SUPPORT TEAM! ability to search on many areas parent log in available to administration

Cons

would like to be able to dismantle certain areas from parents at certain times not having to enter information on multiple pages for students and parents

Pauline from Immaculate Heart of Mary School

MSP has been wonderful for our school! Your support group is outstanding!

The support group and ease of use have made our lives easier to cope everyday duties!

Pros

I feel the ease of user - ability is the greatest asset to this software. We use the program daily to administer everything from absences to Hot lunches. We find it very easy to move around in the program.

Karlene from St. Marys School

MyStudentsProgress.com - MSP Review

Customer service representatives are fantastic and so helpful and well informed.

Pros

It has a wide range of features, which offer a variety of time saving and organizational opportunities. Love the grade book.

Cons

Navigating the multi layered pages was tricky.

Melody from Orchard House School

MSP: Time has been restored to our faculty and staff!

We have a very small school, 80 students. MSP has never made us feel as though we were small. They have treated us very well through out the entire process of considering the product, to data conversion and implementation on our part. I feel the customer service and training we have received is superb! Support team has been attentive to all of our questions and changes.

Pros

Ease of reporting attendance and report cards. We are moving from 8 forms to having all the demographics in one place for parents to update. Our faculty has decided not give parents access to grades and assignments, but several are using the gradebook feature. I have not used the admissions module yet, but plan on doing so in the next month. We are already seeing time saving in many areas and with staff.

Cons

There are times I would like to change something, but have to go through MSP to do so. I have to add that the response is very quick. Maybe even quicker than if I had done it myself.

Sharon from Ambassador Christian Academy

Great software

Pros

I love the number of modules in this program! Everything you need in one place.

debra from SKD school

SKD secretary review

Although there are features i wish were available on a whole the experience is always made better with the help of our rep.

Pros

Works well enough. I like most aspects of the software.

Cons

Would like certain module to be set up with our preferences in mind